[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_5029.png (990KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5029.png
990KB, 1334x750px
who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>29987993
your watermark
>>
>>29987993
the writers
>>
both parties were -- fluttershy said herself that she put her trust in the wrong hooves.
>>
>>29987993
didn't see this one, can I get a quick rundown so I can give answer?
>>
>>29989580

hell fucking no you lazy piece of shit go watch the episode go fuck yourself with a rake.
>>
"A camel is a horse designed by committee."
>>
>>29989590
in that case, the ones hired were in the wrong.
>>
File: 1487136214979.jpg (44KB, 639x628px) Image search: [Google]
1487136214979.jpg
44KB, 639x628px
>>29989586
>still watching the show
>>
wtf was the lesson of this episode? Fluttershy didn't change her approach, she just fired experts and had her friends do it, who magically were able to interpret the same orders differently?

Something must have gotten lost in a rewrite. After they "apologize" for recommending the experts I was expecting a come-to-Celestia moment where they realize it's fluttershy's fault, not anyone elses.
>>
Pinkie, Rarity, and Applejack

You don't hire a construction worker, interior decorator, and an animal trapper to do landscaping for a fucking wildlife habitat. You might as well have had Rainbow Dash recommend one of her old weather factory coworkers to build the fucking thing out of clouds, for all the good those three could've done.
>>
>>29989600
he blueprints where a bunch of sticks and bird nests stapled to a bunch of concept drawings and her explanation wasnt clear
What she needed was a landscaper.
>>
>>29987993
The write-
>>29989547
Heh.
>>
Fluttershy really needed to have a more concrete plan for what she wanted BEFORE she got started. I guess by her second attempt she learned that.
>>
>>29989590
>Hire a building architect, trapper, and an interior designer to build a landscape.
I know they were suggested by her friends, but either their friends are retarded or Fluttershy couldn't see the problem from a get-go. If anything, this episode talks about hiring the wrong people for the wrong job, a bit ironic with what has been happening with the show lately.
>>
>>29987993
Berrow. She can't write episodes for shit.
>>
>>29989660
wellllll then fluttershy was a fucking moron.
>>
>>29989750
Every character involved was a moron, or someone would've solved the problem before it happened. It's what you call an Idiot Plot.
>>
>>29987993
Hasbro, for letting this show way more than it should
>>
>>29989704
Maybe it is the subtle way of writers to defend themselves about how shit the show is now.
>>
isn't like she had all year to plan the shit out. she only just found out that fauna's clinic was overrun and the animals needed homes right away. she took the first help she could find.
>>
>>29989780
>subtle
They been doing this a lot lately.
>>
>>29988004
fucking leafs
>>
>>29989590
Her originial idea was a bunch of flowery words and abstract concepts on a poorly drawn parchment. She was at least as guilty as them
>>
>>29989804
>no ads and two episodes a week.
You jelly?
>>
>>29989788
She said this was always her dream. She had a lifetime to plan it out and all she came up with was a bird's nest stapled to a board. Fluttershy confirmed as full retard.
>>
>>29989623
I have no idea what the lesson was. I submit there wasn't one
>>
>>29989831
Yes she does. They wouldn't have gone against her had she had a concrete plan instead of "Like, well, I'd like this but not this. Everything should feel like a hug."

Tree Hugger would've been a more concise foreman
>>
>>29989831
She deserves half the blame. The other three deserve the other half.
>>
>>29989841
This. Especially with how much of a bitch she was to them at the end. Yes yes we get it she's more assertive now, but this was the one time they hamfisted that trait into her character as opposed to the other times where they did it right.
>>
>>29989827

well, i mean, what materials have -you- put together for your lifelong ambition, anon? perfect blueprints, right? just in case your proverbial animal hospital is overrun and you need to act.
>>
>>29989788
Speaking of the clinic, wouldn't the perfect compromise have been to send the experts to build an expansion of Fauna's clinic and let the Mane 6 handle the sanctuary? Wouldn't that have been better than having Fluttershy come off like an ungrateful cunt for yelling at them or having the experts look like morons for not figuring out that their fields of work aren't applicable here?
>>
>>29989878

i think the bit at the end answers your question: the mane six quite possibly would have ignored fluttershy as well. she had to yell at them at the end; maybe it's a good thing she got a practice scream in on some randos.
>>
>>29987993
They were in the wrong. It is always a pain in the ass working with clients because they will always want full control.

Sometime they are right, other times they really don't know what the hell they are doing. If they hired you to do something trusting you alone to make something that works, they they are liable. Not you.

If they hire you and to create their vision because they DO know what they are looking for, then you deviate, well you are at fault.

Fluttershy knew what she wanted and even admired not knowing allot about carpentry, interior design, or what ever the other was. She knew about animals and working with animals is different than working with (people) ponies. Instead of working with their client, they all refused and went their own route, if I were in that position, I would had fired all of them as well.

Fluttershy was very assertive yet still kept her calm and was polite. In other words, "Dat Gurl has Spunk."
>>
>>29987993
The Experts failed the most in terms of refusing to even help conceptualize her idea and instead just go with what they were familiar with. It is something that all experts will learn in their fields, that their skills may be required for something a bit out of the box for them, and they have to do their best to stick to the theme presented even if it lies outside of their comfort zone. Especially for something that involves creativity in any way such as architecture or interior design.

Fluttershy, however, failed entirely in communication, and portraying her vision to others, which caused any sort of leadership her assertiveness gave her to become useless.
>>
>>29989921
Yeah they both fucked up. Fluttershy should've dismissed them but should've also apologized later
>>
>>29989580

>Fluitters wants to make a shelter to help the animal clinic with their crowding issue
>Her idea is nothing but poor illustration and sticky notes of her ideas

>Her friends recommend actual competent workers to make it happen

>Flutters' ideas and details aren't concrete enough to do anything feasible within their experience regarding building, design, or security

>They deviate to what they know because her plans are just too vague and obtuse to make it work

>She gets mad and tells them to fuck off

>Hires a hillbilly that she knew could make shit work
>Also gets help from friends
>It works out okay. The end

It was half her fault for not just going with the guy she knew could fix this shit (as well as just not having any concrete design for the place) and half of theirs for trying to do things their way when the customer's needs were beyond the scope of their ability.

Was this even an episode? It felt like nothing really happened and it was pointless filler.
>>
>>29989965
I prefer SoL episodes to over-arching stories but this one did feel stupid and pointless
>>
File: 1491184789034.png (227KB, 528x566px) Image search: [Google]
1491184789034.png
227KB, 528x566px
>>29989979
I think it might be because this wasn't really a "lesson learning" episode or at least didnt convey that feeling.

The way it was resolved (and the delivery of the resolution) made it seem like she had the answer the entire time to her problem. Fluttershy also had no actual personal problems like her other usual episodes (being a doormat and needing to mare up to stop things from getting worse than they are) so it felt like this whole thing was just an easily fixed misunderstanding.

The lack of meaningful character interaction didn't help its case, and the moral was just...........

If there is any proof that the writers may be "done" with the M6, this might be it (or at least in her case, specifically). Now that Flutters has no problem speaking her mind, there's very little to expand on her. I though that her "dream project" might have opened up a mid/long term arc for her to work towards, but that clearly didn't happen.
>>
>>29990028
From personal experience, I feel like the moral was speaking more to actual "experts" or people who have to deal with managing others. A bit of a niche group to talk to, but in that sort of world, it's a very, very common problem when people trust someone in one field to perform a task in something they're not an expert in, or people too arrogant to go out of their comfort zone and try to apply their skills in different genres or techniques within their field of expertise.

It also could be a subtle complaint from the writers about how the show's being managed.

As for Fluttershy, she's definitely taking initiative and being assertive, but that does not equal communication skills, which she still clearly needs to improve on. In fact it can lead to even more problems because shy people tend to bottle up emotions until they have an outlet. She's definitely got some steam behind her assertiveness and her eruptions could make for some comedy gold and feelsy times both. My two cents.
>>
The animals were in the wrong. The majority of them had no health issues and were just staying at the clinic because they heard (from Fluttershy) that is was a great place to stay. They had no need to be there, they were not invited and they were causing problems for the ones who did need help. What sort of prepared shelter do wild animals need anyway?
>>
>>29990377
mlp animals are like pokemon basically
>>
Why did she even need to tell anyone about doing this?
>>
>>29989626
They were just trying to help. They don't know about wildlife habitats - they assumed that, since it was similar work, the expertise would have carried over. Fluttershy also assumed that these people wouldn't be jerks, but fortunately she canned them quickly.
>>
>>29987993

>who was in the wrong here?

Canada
>>
>>29990426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA
>>
>>29990401
The workers were just trying to help too. Yeah they had a shitty way of going about it, but they weren't put in a good position to begin with.
>>
>>29987993
EP. NAMES PLS?
>>
>It's stressed multiple times in the show that what Fluttershy wants to build is the first of it's kind
>Anons bitching at how conceptual it is considering it's the first sanctuary ever built ever
Fluttershy already has a unique talent being an animal caregiver , now she has a location in which to further expand on her natural talent , of course nopony is going to know what the fuck she's talking about when she's asking for it built, it's something that doesn't exist up until this episode .
Nu-mlp is fucking dumb
>>
Also the lesson here is not to compromise your vision because nobody else understands it. Doubly also this was a good display of Fluttershy new character , the cumulation of all her assertive training , all spearheading her vision , her life's dream. The fact that she acts in no ways diminutive says two things, she's learned from her past and has built up backbone and that she's really fucking passionate about this
>>
Fluttershy would be in the wrong for bad talking Pinkie, Rarity and Applejack for trying to help her. So they all had experts with feelings she could chew out convenient isn't it but I would prefer to see her close friends become upset with Fluttershy since they all already had wildly different views on what the sanctuary could be. That would of been more fun to see attempted than a half finished hospital in the mud half way into the story.
>>
>>29990564
Her preliminary plans and explanation didn't really help things.
Picture of a small waterfall
Description of "like a warm hug"
Hire a pony who builds structured dwellings and an interior designer, but wants it to be open air.
>>
File: 1239812938.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1239812938.gif
2MB, 500x281px
If it was real life Fluttershy is left holding a huge contractor bill. Debt isn't healthy. The end.
>>
>>29990664
Her ideas were ambiguous, sure, but they were completely disregarded, that's what makes her in the right. If they actually did put in effort to try to do what she asked rather then blatantly ignore everything she said because they assumed to know better then it would have been a different episode with a different moral, possibly about being more clear about what you want, buts it's not.
>>
File: engineers motto.jpg (23KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
engineers motto.jpg
23KB, 324x324px
>>29987993
fluttershy has engineer complex
>>
>Fluttershy's actually asserting herself now

Absolute madmare
>>
>>29987993
Link to episode?
>>
>>29990985
daily
>>
File: 1492270035257.png (90KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
1492270035257.png
90KB, 500x455px
>>29989965
Yeah, but Starlight Glimmer wasn't in it so /mlp/ will declare it to be top 3 best episodes ever.
>>
>>29991014
But she was, though. She didn't talk, but she was there.
>>
>>29987993

They were because they deliberately went against her wishes and did what they wanted instead.
>>
Fluttershy was in the wrong for helping the animals in the first place, she should have told them to clear out. Instead she decides to turn a forest, i.e a place animals live, to a forest with some pointless shit in it.

The experts were wrong for not following her vision, as vague as it was, but the true fault was with the writing. This was the first truly bad episode of the season and it didn't even star poochie.

Fluttershy just came off as a bitch and it would be fine if she had been paying for the experts time, but instead she gets unreasonably mad when her poorly communicated plan was not carried out like in she had invisioned.
>>
>>29987993
The experts you [insert ad hominem]
>>
>>29991208
>Fluttershy
>Turning away needy animals
>Her talent is a love for animals
Duuuuuhhhhhhh I dunno boss, that'd feel a bit out of character to me
>>
>>29990735
Here's a list of things she would've gotten had they actually tried to listen to her:

>a wooden fence (using the trees to make an enclosure)
>some rocks stacked up to look sorta similar to her drawing
>brown...fabric things...I forget what she actually wanted the decorator to make
>some tiny nest looking things for animals that could've made for themselves
>maybe some blankets. yeah, the decorator could make blankets

This is strictly following what was requested, but it's nothing at all like the end product that she and her friends made themselves. So yeah, they could've put an honest effort toward following her orders, but she would've ended up having to do everything over anyway.
>>
>>29990987
>daily

Where is the link?
>>
>>29987993
the jews
>>
>>29989623
The lesson was "Sorry Fluttershy regressed constantly, here, look, she progressed!"
>>
>>29990579
She went too far with it this time. too bitchy
>>
>>29987993
the fruity stallion.
>>
Was the one with the hat voiced by Ashleigh Ball?
>>
>It's another iFag crying about getting shut down and iMum defending him thread
>>
>>29987993
I could probably write an episode the way Berrow write episodes

1st step - think about the premise - My premise/message is "Don't be a party pooper and learn to entertain others than just yourself" OK get it, Now time to write:

2nd step - turn entire episode into single scenario to finally resolve it with this message

In my example my episode is happening in Fluttershy house and she is visited by Rainbow Dash, they play video games together.

3rd step Thats basically it, just drag this scene for the next 20 minutes. Show clips of the game and Dash acting cocky when she wins. Have scenes where Pinkie showing up and Dash being mean to her. THEN make another scene where Rarity show up and Dash win against her and laugh at her etc.

4.th step. Last part for resolution. Twilight the clueless gamer beat Dash and everyone laugh at her. Then she is sorry. The message is told. Everyone hugs. End. Written by GM Berrow. Send scirpt to Hasbro.

Compare Berrow episode to Confalone episode who filled his episode with continuity (Stalright village, Giant Eels), meaningfull development (Maud feeling lonely as an autistic/special person rather than being just a gag character for fans), entertainment value (Mauds and Pinkies jokes and dialouges) and status quo change (Maud is now living in Ponyville)
>>
>>29987993
You would think you know how to fucking describe your life-long dream to other people, because, you know, people would spend more than 5 minutes thinking about it.

Fluttershy didn't know what she wanted, so she got bullshit. She's in the wrong.
>>
>>29994181
I think this is due to her writing the MLP children's books all the time. Her mentality and style carry over from the books into the episodes, leading episodes like this. I wish it was better, but if my theory is true, then I'm not surprised
>>
The potion Seller

should have giiven him what he wanted to pay for as customer
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.