[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was Rarity wrong for being an expert?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
So was Rarity wrong for being an expert?
>>
>Its a "Experts don't know what they're doing and get in the way and for some reason think they're better!" episode

Hopefully this anti intellectual cultural cancer dies when people who trust Facebook moms over doctors get tuberculosis or something. You glorify experts and professionals, and treat them with the respect that your betters deserve.
>>
>>29985846
I can't believe that one horse wanted to wear goulashes to the gala.
>>
>>29985846
I honestly think it was just poor writing more than anything.Incosistentsy is not uncommon in the show and they go against or disreguard established things all the time.
>>
File: IMG_6326.jpg (153KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6326.jpg
153KB, 1252x1252px
>>29985872
Sometimes "experts" don't know what they're talking about, or present their personal opinions as facts.
>>
>>29985846
Can the show just choose whether experts are phony idiots who odn't know what they doing or whether experts should be more dependable than your own knwoledge.
>>
>>29985892
He's no expert. But experts can do what they want because they are experts. Experts should push their opinion, and their opinion has more weight.

Experts piss retards off because they want to have just as much of a valid opinion as an expert who spent decades in their field and contributed a bulk of knowledge to it.

>>29985922
It depends whether or not the show writers want to be seen as experts I guess.
>>
Similar concept, but different.

Suited for Success was about Rarity being the expert and the other 5 being retards that have no fashion sense.

This episode was about Fluttershy being an expert about animals and the other 3 being experts in other fields.
>>
>>29985979
But when you fucking hire an expert to do a specific job and they accept but do some other random shit that you told them not to do, that's totally justified?
>>
>>29986001
Haven't seen the episode but speaking with an example: if I design a building that will collapse as built and an expert points this out and changes it, is that wrong?

Individualism and "liberty" has run away so much that we completely discount experience in doing something as a measuring rod for how well something will be done. Why should anyone become an expert in anything if people will never treat them as such and arrogantly think that they know better?
>>
>>29986001
Well, that depends on what you request the expert to do, if you ask an expert in geometry to draw three lines that are all perpendicular to each other what he may give you and what is in your mind are going to be different things
>>
File: c7c5a35946-1486793595662.png (143KB, 476x356px) Image search: [Google]
c7c5a35946-1486793595662.png
143KB, 476x356px
>>29985892
Nuke Alabama and teach the surviving children that the blast killed God
>>
>>29986025
>Dont use enclosed walls, this needs to be an open area.
>I'll build a house anyway.

>No curtains, we're not going to have traditional windows so they're not needed.
>I'll add the curtains anyway.

>No cages, the animals need to feel safe not trapped.
>I'll bring cages anyway.

The issue is that she said "Do this" and then they did something else without telling her.

It's like asking for a sandwich without tomato and then you get served them anyway because the chef think's they're good for you.
>>
>>29985892
>Inferior beakman
>mechanical engineer with no achievements whatsoever in the field other than getting the degree itself.
He's an actor who can't handle the difference between his first TV show and reality; he's not an expert in anything.
>>
>>29986127
Looks to me like one writer got told by an expert on an issue once and couldn't handle it so he decided to take vengeance by making a dumb character with the "expert" label to push his anti intellectual agenda on a show for children.
>>
>>29985882
And then try to sell food at a catered event?
>>
>>29986127
Fine, but in most cases I've seen with examples like that the sandwich tastes like shit and then people blame the expert who told them that it would.
>>
Rarity offered to make them dresses, and they accepted, because they wanted dresses, and because Rarity was an expert at making dresses.

Fluttershy asked experts of things unrelated to animal sanctuaries if they could build her an animal sanctuary. They offered to build, design, and equip an animal hospital instead, because that was within their areas of expertise, whereas building an animal sanctuary was not. Fluttershy rejected their offer for an animal hospital, because she did not want an animal hospital, she wanted an animal sanctuary.

There wasn't really a right or wrong here, it was simply that none of them recognized that what Fluttershy wanted didn't match up with what the experts had to offer. At worst, they were wrong for not turning down the job in the first place or looking for someone who could do the job she actually wanted, but I'm not sure I'd even fault them for that, seeing as they were agreeing to do it as a favor to Fluttershy's friends.
>>
>>29985999
>Similar concept, but different.
It's Unfortunate people can't ever grasp this very well.
>>
>>29985846
>Completely missing the fucking point of the episode
They were experts in the wrong field and didn't understand what Fluttershy wanted it or why she wanted it.
>>
>>29985892
Watch what you're saying. This board is full of MLP experts.
>>
>>29986388
I felt fluttershy was too bitchy about it. We get it, she's meant to be more assertive now, but she went too far in that direction in being upset about something she poorly planned. Both sides messed up, but they never called Fluttershy out on her screw-up
>>
>>29986510
Not him but I didn't even realize there was a moral to the episode. I still don't believe there is one, at least not a good one
>>
>>29987897
The moral is Rarara women like always win
Flutters now is Rarara minus the jew and whore.
>>
>>29987921
El funni meme
>>
>>29985892
>presented information from a multitude of peer-reviewed studies
>personal opinion
>>
>>29985882
Someone wanted to wear Hungarian soups to the gala?
>>
>>29986127
>Ask a cook to make you a sandwich with chocolate and pickles
>He brings you a normal sandwich beause what the fuck?
>You complain and make your own stupid sandwich
>All this could have had been avoided
>>
>>29989862
If I ordered a chocolate and pickle sandwich, then either the chef should refuse to make it or I'm paying to receive my god damned chocolate and pickle sandwich.
>>
>>29990034

This. It's not that complicated.
>>
>>29985892
Reminder that Beakman actor married three times until he came up as gay and he still isn't as much of a faggot as Bill.

Also, even marryng three times he never went broke, so i respect this
>>
>>29985892
That fucker isn't an expert in anything.
>>
>>29986388
The experts were definitely the ones in the wrong, not for taking a job outside their skill set, but for so completely ignoring the person running the project. Anyone who's worked on any multi-person production can tell you that even if the leader is being stupid, doing something that they expressly said not to without even telling them is a guaranteed way to prove you shouldn't be there. If you're unwilling to follow the stated instructions, you say so, you don't just start disobeying them behind the leader's back. That way you can find a compromise or at least save yourself a lot of wasted effort.
>>
File: e14.jpg (85KB, 653x672px) Image search: [Google]
e14.jpg
85KB, 653x672px
A architect/construction contractors job is to take a clients specification and develop it into a working schematic, not disregard their specification entirely and build what ever the fuck they want.

The message of this children's cartoon that some how escaped you retards was that sometimes you project gets fucked up by self important retards who think they know it all, at that point you can give up or try again.

So guess what? She hires another expert, Daddy McColt, who is cross trained in construction and conservation, who is able to do his fucking job and deliver the project to specification.
>>
>>29992335
What if the clients 'specification' was literally branches tacked to a canvas
>>
>>29985846
>an expert on animals knew what the animals wanted
>an expert on fashion didn't know what the animals wanted
>an expert on construction didn't know what the animals wanted
>an expert on forced animal entrapment didn't know what the animals wanted

Wow I guess that means the expert on fashion doesn't know anything about fashion!!!
I really find it astounding how so many people fail to understand a show aimed for little girls.
>>
>>29992358
Then you tell the client that you can't work with this, instead of looking at a picture, specifically being told "no walls" and deciding that building a house is a good idea, you mong.
>>
>>29992358
Daddy McColt didn't have any problems interpreting Fluttershy's vision, maybe the other 'experts' just needed to be less shit at their jobs.
>>
>>29985846
She did the right thing- she told the clients that their ideas had problems, but she followed instructions anyway. She could also have refused to make the dresses if she wasn't happy with the idea- she was volunteering her help, after all, just like the consultants Fluttershy was working with. Both would have been reasonable ways to handle the situation.

Rarity has done what those experts did once, when she modified a Princess Dress without telling the pony who ordered it. That didn't go well either. It's a basic principle of any collaboration that you don't make changes without announcing them first.

I think we have another Feeling Pinkie Keen here. Most of the episode was written decently, with the parties meant to be in the wrong making quite a few mistakes, but when it came time to spell out the moral, they stated it in a way that made the episode as a whole look worse than it actually was.
>>
>>29992434
What did she build? All her fucking sanctuary is a few blankets lying around the forest area, you don't need experts for this shit.
>>
>>29992463
As we've said over and over, they had every right to leave the project if they thought it was poorly conceived or below their skill level. Having them involved wasn't even Fluttershy's idea in the first place.
>>
>>29992502
>they had every right to leave the project
They were asked to help that bitch by their friends\colleagues, it would've been rude to just leave.
>>
>>29992533
It's a lot less rude than ignoring Fluttershy's instructions altogether.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (191KB, 454x567px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
191KB, 454x567px
>>29992463
>What did she build?
Anything else or are you just going to admit your a fucking retard?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.