[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does every episode HAVE to have a conflict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Does every episode HAVE to have a conflict?
>>
>>29985273
No.

But if it doesn't, it needs something else to hold it up.
>>
>>29985273
yes otherwise the episode is poitless
>>
>>29985333
Such as character interaction and dialogue, perhaps?
>>
>>29985273
Not really.
It does need something though. People will overlook an episode with no conflict if it's funny, or the characters are written well, or anything else that they find subjectively pleasing.
>>
>>29985273
Yes. Otherwise it's just stupid filler.
Name a good episode without any conflict.
>>
>>29985273
Why would you want to watch an episode of everything going according to plan and it ends with everyone saying "good night" and going home?
>>
>>29985273
AND LIVE IN HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MC0G-Lbuuk
>>
>>29985370
because my life is fucking terrible and i hate myself and my job and everybody around me and i think about going on a murder spree/committing suicide 24/7 and i cry myself to sleep every night only to wake up each morning and realize i'm still fucking alive to drag myself along this miserable path you call life.
that's why i'd like to see something nice at least for 20 minutes of my life.
>>
>>29985356
Exactly.

To bad they did nothing interesting with it this episode.
>>
>>29985370

the episode could still have amazing writing. do things really need to move from unsolved to solved in order for you to take enjoyment? what if there's nothing broken to fix, only something to improve or create?
>>
>>29985403
>only something to improve or create?
this is already a conflict you dingus
>>
>>29985391
Sounds like you need to stop making a crappy 22-minute toy commercial your only basis for happiness.
>>
>>29985273
Yes.
But not every conflict has to be about people fighting or arguing.
>>
>>29985397
So slice of life worldbuilding is not interesting?

Maybe its just not to your taste
>>
>>29985273
The episode HAD a conflict.
>>
>>29985530
>worldbuilding
>oh look there are several random ponies who do things
>worlduilding
>>
File: 1486768807450.png (885KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486768807450.png
885KB, 1200x1200px
>>29985273
What's the point of the episode then? Making an episode where mane6 drink tea for 20 minutes suppose to aim at anyone? You may as well just watch fan videos.
>>
>>29985641
But fan videos aren't this, fan videos are le ebin memes xd
>>
>>29985273
>Does every episode has to have a plot?
Huh... yes
>>
Worrying how many people would welcome a slide into G3 tier plots again.
>>
>>29985273
Yes. Every episode of the show has a conflict, that's how the story is structured.
>>
>>29985622
You have a poor perspective on world building in storytelling if that's all you see in a story. What if a random conversation with Mayor Mare reveals more about how she runs Ponyville?
>>
>>29985273
Once upon a time X lived happily, until Y happened or Z did something wrong. This caused X to try to fix things.

Even downright vague cases of this like PPOV are still stories.
>>
>>29986616
Except this episode doesn't really do that. It just gives us more random never-to-be-seen again characters and brings back a couple of old ones.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.