[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Past Sins Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

What is Past Sins?
Past Sins is a famous/infamous fanfiction from 2011 created by Pen Stroke, reworked to fit aspects of S2 canon in 2012.

"On a dark night filled with even darker magics, an insane cult attempts to give Nightmare Moon a body and life of her own, utterly separate from Princess Luna. But, when the spell is interrupted by Celestia, something unexpected is created.

Now, a little black alicorn filly named Nyx finds herself living under the care of Twilight Sparkle, only to be haunted by memories and emotions from her past. Is she Nightmare Moon reborn or is she simply a doppelganger with a soul and mind of her own? Can Twilight Sparkle protect Nyx from those who refuse to see past her dragon eyes and black coat?

Or, will Nyx be forced to inherit the sins that may not even be hers and become the greatest evil Equestria has ever known?"

Story can be found here:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/41596/past-sins
Alternatively there are several audio readings and comics to follow along instead.

SFM Model:
http://aeridiccore.deviantart.com/art/DL-Nyx-Overhaul-562333013
>>
>>29983599
I've seen this thread multiple times, but I don't think I've ever once seen someone discuss Past Sins in it.

So lets see if we can actually do that, even for, like, twenty posts. Is the fanfic actually any good, or is it just relegated to shitposter meme territory?
>>
>>29983702
A really mediocre fanfic with an unsatisfactory ending that was made shit by nyx spamming autists
>>
>>29983703
>>29983704
Is it really that bad? Is it's popularity just a product of the time it was written then, because I have memories of people recommending I read it.
>>
>>29983702
I strongly believe most of its popularity was because of how much hate it got when it first came around. I've seen multiple anons here say they've read it recently and the characters are rather in character and it wasn't as bad as they've heard.

Honestly, that same hatred is what likely fueled the shitposting here. Times may change but hatred never goes away with some people no matter how time makes things worse or better.
>>
>>29983729
I dunno, I feel like most of the people who used to shitpost with Nyx have moved on to Glimmer. It's much easier bait. Besides the one dedicated autist who makes this thread, I barely ever see Nyx anymore.

That said, I am curious if it's as bad as they say. I've universally heard from people here that everyone is out of character, but /mlp/ isn't exactly the best judge of character in the first place.

Maybe I'll pick it up one day. Who has the time though?
>>
File: 41524814.png (767KB, 1261x891px) Image search: [Google]
41524814.png
767KB, 1261x891px
>>
>>29983702
We have to have something to replace the fallout equestria thread.
>>
Nyx may be the night but she's still my sunshine.
>>
>>29986687
aww
>>
File: 4572851412.png (315KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4572851412.png
315KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>29983702
20 posts at least...
>>
How does Past Sins even end? Has anyone ever read that far?
>>
Nyx takes on Nightmare Moon's memories, takes over the world, banishes Celestia and Luna to the Sun and Moon respectively, and plunges the world into eternal night. Then, as time passes, she loses direction, begins to question why she was doing this, since the world was starting to die, and eventually raises the sun again because everyone was going to die and Twilight talked her into an alignment shift.

Then, the creatures in the everfree forest get riled up for some reason (don't remember what it was, but it had to do with the shift from night to day) and she nearly kills herself fighting them off.

Then, fearing that she was going to die, she returns Celestia and Luna back from banishment, and because she showed remorse, she wasn't killed on the spot, and Luna re-absorbed the memories and powers, rendering Nyx as a foal again.

Twilight continues to raise her.

My thoughts: it was neither exceptionally good or bad. I thought Nyx as a character was cute, and she wasn't the Mary Sue she is made out to be by the fandom, but ultimately, it is far from my favorite fic, the title of #1 falling to either Fallout Equestria or The Immortal Game.
>>
>>29988943
Nyx apologies to the princesses they take away her power and she returns to being a powerless alicorn filly
>>
>>29990005
Is that actually how the plot goes or are you memeing me? How does Twilight justify over-throwing Celestia?
>>
>>29991599
Celestia kidnapped Nyx with the intent of finding out wheither she was or was not a danger, caused possible trauma to Twilight and Nyx and literally fueled the spell that turned her into Nightmare Moon because she was paranoid.
>>
>>29991614
I know you're probabily going to ask next about why that's out of character for Celestia, but that's difficult to say considering even now we understand little about her character. We'd all do something irrational for those we care the most about.

In the story, Celestia acted because the last time she stood by and waited she had to send her sister away for 1000 years.
>>
20, we made it.
>>
>>29983702
It's a mediocre fic, and despite what says >>29983729, most new people can't understand why it got popular in the first place because of how meh it is. It just came out at the right time.

>>29991599
She didn't, but she was "broken" over after what happened to Nyx. She was to give Nyx away in the first place. I'm also going to make the story worse. So for some reason NMM's evilness manage to not get destroy when the Elements zapped her. It then some how crawled to Canterlot, and infected Celestia's court. After NMM is "reborn" it doesn't rejoin her, even though it was it's idea to bring her back. It's only reason for it to exist, was to show that Nyx wasn't NMM (she never was in the first place), and she destroys it.
>>
Threadly reminder that Lauren Faust is the original writer of Past Sins
>>
>>29992318
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>29983599
I though Past Sin's was better than most fan fictions and definitely worth a place on the shelf and so were the sequels, but i wouldn't say it was my favorite.

I attribute its popularity to Twilight being a cute mum, The serious questions raised about Celestia's characterization at the time and Nightmare Moon being given an independent redemption arc separate from Princess Luna.
>>
I like Nyx can I post here?
>>
If this place means containment then I'll help.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.