[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you organise your green?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: woop_woop.png (149KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
woop_woop.png
149KB, 500x281px
I've collected a lot of greentext of pone lately and I want to ask how you guys archive/organise it.
https://pastebin.com/xchw4e0i
>>
>>29968181
I have a folder full of all the old oedipus threads. I miss those threads. I miss Bill Dozer. I miss incest. I like incest.
>>
File: 2x.jpg (5KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
2x.jpg
5KB, 236x214px
>>29968269
Uh, well you have to post those right now because he nuked his pastebin
>>
>>29968181
I don't organize them, I use the downloader by mulpwiki to keep a dump of my favorite writefags, like the dumps they have in
http://mulpwiki.org/documents/Pastebins
(The only difference is, my copies are more frequent, and I save only the writefags I'm interested in).
The downloader is in the "outdated" folder, "GTDownloader_v1.0.jar". You need Java to use it, and you could use the list you posted as an input, it should download everything for you. But it's a huge list, so probably you'd like to split it in smaller lists, maybe Pastebin would ban you if you try to download so many files at once, I've never tried it.
>>
>>29968181
I have a text document of all the pastes I've read, a rating of them and their name. I also keep the ones I intend to read. ty for the pastebin though. I'll probably go through this and put titles to them so it's easier to read.
>>
Real talk, I have been thinking about a project to import/sort/store all /mlp/ related greentext. As an oldfag, it's sad to see stories get lost in time when people nuke pastebin accounts.

Would there be interest in a thing like this? So you would either submit the story as text, or share a pastebin link, and then give it a title & tags.
>>
>>29968342
This would be pretty cool, what format would it be in? A website or something?
>>
>>29968348
Ya, basic bootstrap website with a REST API to interface with (as I suck with frontends, and am only decent on backend shit)
>>
>>29968356
If you're willing to put in the time that'd be nice. You could start with OP's list, parsing them shouldn't be too difficult. Although you'll want to see if others are interested first
>>
>>29968356
I'm a front-end guy, if your project could wait until May 15th I may help you with that.
>>
>>29968388
I have not started yet as I have been brainstorming this for a while, so there is no issue with waiting on anything.
>>
>>29968394
Hit me up [email protected]
I will let you know when I'm back from my vacation.
>>
>>29968342

When someone says they're an oldfag, yet propose something like this, I can't help but see the dichotomy.
You claim to be an oldfag on 4chan, a place that's by it's nature designed to be fleeting and temporary, whose culture is a direct result of that, and you're actively trying to change that?
Why? Can you explain your perspective to a fellow oldfag? So I can at least see where you're coming from?

That said, if you want to go through with it I'm not one to try and stop you.
Easiest would probably be to set up a Wikia and use that, taking heavy inspiration from the Creepypasta wiki's setup.
>>
>>29968342
>>29968394

OP here. I had basically the same idea. I just scraped the pastebin links from archived.moe with lynx and awk in linux and sorted it. I also wrote some php code to get the 'raw' files of a pastebin link. Just something simple where it just reads the output of the site and writes it to a txt file. I also tried to create a small mysql database to contain some data like tags, drawfag, links and stuff. I guess it's just trash right now but well, just brainstormed a few things and wrote some ideas down.

[email protected] I'd also like to participate in this project.
>>
>>29968181
bump for interest
>>
>>29968181
You shouldn't read autistic greens in the first place
>>
>>29968356
Im actually making a program for pastebin greens right now >>29969426, part of it is to download and archive pastes locally on your hdd (mostly just for my personal use).

I actualy wanted to make a site for it, but ive never done any website/server designing and shit before, so if someone else can do it id support it in any way I can.

I hate seeing greens go missing

(my first idea about sorting it was just a folders for each author and txt files for each story, then tags, pastebin link, and update date at the top of the file.)
>>
File: 4724765777.png (195KB, 466x559px) Image search: [Google]
4724765777.png
195KB, 466x559px
>>29968181
by the date i wrote them.
>>
>>29968181
Sort 'em by character, in the same folders as my lewds
>>
Whats the most important features a GT archive must have?
>tags (characters, genre, and other)
>ratings
>ability to download stories/all stories of author/all in archive for local backup
>notification if story is updated and new stories added
>search by author, genre, tags and title
>ability to view in 4chan format
>ability to set custom text and background colors and font
>bookmark progress / stories read / dropped
>ability to flag errors that authors can see
>>
>>29969486
no one is gonna download a fucking exe to read greens, be real.
>>
>>29969664
>mostly just for my personal use
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.