[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mlp/ musicians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: hesplaying is now.png (90KB, 242x188px) Image search: [Google]
hesplaying is now.png
90KB, 242x188px
who here enjoys a bit of musical instruments or song writing
>>
>>29965169
I think everyone has an intrinsic interest in songwriting, but not everyone can compose something worth sharing. Hence why we haven't had a steady supply of new songs since the Good Old Days.
>>
>>29965178
Good, what we need more than anything is show-tier animations that don't get C&D'd.
>>
>>29965169
I'm working on an orchestration project right now. It's originally a piece for piano I wrote a year or so ago. So, this will kind of be my first "real" composition.
>>
>>29965232
hey cool, give updates
>>
>>29965255
Here's the original piano piece

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxvub6trobjw8nv/Sonate%20de%20le%20nuit.mp3?dl=0
>>
File: 1459652671083.gif (36KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
1459652671083.gif
36KB, 300x260px
>>29965310
nice shit mr anon, ill try to show a piece of mine at some point
>>
>>29965353
Glad you like it. Hope to listen to what you got
>>
>>29965169

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mof8her0oaed2kv/Winter%20Leaves.mp3?dl=0

A cinematic piece I am working on with a violinist friend and a singer. Every now and then we get together to record a bit more and add some more layers. Still can't believe how good he is at violin....
>>
>>29965232
I love it, it sounds great. The traffic noise make me think of some cosy apartment in the middle of the city with a grand piano in it.

For your orchestration for strings, if you can find people who play the instrument in real life, it sounds 10x better if you can get them to record for you. Piano can be faked digitally a lot easier though.
>>
>>29965870
The arrangement is going to be played live by a full orchestra.
>>
>>29965178
The quality isn't the case most of the times. I think people just burnt out and/or moved on. When you write original pieces at one point you might not want to associate it with MLP at all, to give yo more creative freedom and also for it to have a chance for a wider audience.
Well at least it worked like that for me and a few people I knew. I did a few shitty "fan songs" for myself when just starting out but quickly moved on to my own projects when I started to get the hang of writing and recording, and reduced the MLP-related stuff to just covers of songs/bgm.
>>
>>29965845
Would make a decent background track for a short movie. My main critique is the high pitch drone in the first three minutes feels a bit too loud so the violin doesn't stand out as much as it could. Also it gets repetitive. But that is specifically why it would be better for a soundtrack as opposed to straight up listening.

>>29965310
The tone of the piano reminds me of our upright we got rid of recently to make room for a 9' grand. Acoustic piano needs good equipment to record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHpkWcnODms
>>
>>29965910
Oh nice
>>
>>29965310
Eh i felt the bassline was to repetitive especially in the beginning. Also there were way to many short pauses between chords and kind of killed the flow.
>>
>>29965169
I make my living as a musician, which is part of why I hide my power level. Being associated with pone would undermine some of the cool I've managed to cultivate, and I can't risk a slow down in the calls/emails that get me gigs.
>>
>>29968055
>Also there were way to many short pauses between chords and kind of killed the flow.
That's what happens when you splice together performances. I didn't write it in enough time to give it to a real pianist
>>
>>29968335
What kind of work? Performance?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.