[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would the average pony fare against an armored man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 17

File: -GkXuV4A.jpg (55KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
-GkXuV4A.jpg
55KB, 474x474px
How would the average pony fare against an armored man?
>>
>>29963531
Pony defeats man in five seconds without magic, flight, or super strength.
>>
>>29963531
>>29963539
All the man has to do is send the pony to the cuckshed to win.
>>
What is a man?
>>
>>29963548
A big guy.
>>
>>29963548
A miserable pile of secrets.
>>
>>29963548
A miserable little pile of secrets
>>
>>29963563
But enough talking! Have at you!
>>
>>29963531
hey is that that gay italian guy who jerks himself off with swords
>>
>>29963531
(Presuming man is armed with a sword or other short-reach weapon:)

If the pony is unarmored and unprepared (i.e., average pony), they very likely lose due to panic.

If the pony is unarmored but ready for a fight:
>Unicorn: Probably wins; TK could be used to unbalance their opponent or remove armor, or magic just shot for a direct attack. Unless the man has range weapons too, in which case it's a draw.
>Pegasus: Draw swinging towards loss, depending on skill with flight and man's preparedness for a flying-mobile target.
>Earth pony: Loses; has significantly less forward range and turning around to try for a buck is ridiculous.

If the pony is armored too:
>Unicorn: Same as above, honestly.
>Pegasus: Draw, depends on skill. The ability to drop on a target from above shouldn't be underestimated.
>Earth pony: Solid win; the ability to carry a stupid amount of armor is a real significant advantage.
>>
File: 19889706542.png (1022KB, 1174x763px) Image search: [Google]
19889706542.png
1022KB, 1174x763px
>>29963531
They are fucked.
>>
>>29963531
Poorly, considering the average pony lives in a peaceful country and has never had any need to learn how to fight, and it's up against a (presumably) battle-hardened warrior, since who the fuck else would just go around in armor?

Your average pegasus's best option would be to fly the hell away. Erf horses and screwtops would be meat.
>>
File: img-3699317-1-large.png (1MB, 961x1001px) Image search: [Google]
img-3699317-1-large.png
1MB, 961x1001px
>>29963531
Larper gets rekt.
>>
>>29963548
What is a pony but an adorable little pile of friendship
>>
>>29963531
*blocks pony's path*
>>
>>29963531
Earth pone and winged pone would cave in his chest cavity with a good kick, unicorn would zap him, or drop him from great heights with levitation.
>>
>>29964020
>Princess Depression
>average pony
>>
File: battle_ponies_by_cmaggot-d5q2rtp.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
battle_ponies_by_cmaggot-d5q2rtp.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
>>29963531
If by average you mean a generic pony without training and else, he will simply not fight at all.

Average Pony Soldier will be more or less effective against an human, but there are too many variables to consider. Man's advantage is probably his reach with weapons.

An Armored Unicorn who is able to use a weapon with telekinesis could probably a fair match.

A Pegasi and Earth Pony can have difficulties, but i don't bet money on them.

Often people (and "Noble Ones") forgot that not all Unicorns can cast spells outside generic ones.

And no. A weapon in the mouth even if possible, it's a very bad idea, because you limit your view on how you turn the head and you also expose yourself while attacking.
>>
>>29963531
>How would the average pony fare against an armored man?
Does the pony have a sword with an unscrewable pommel?
>>
>>29963531
depends on size of man compared to pony and type of pony/
>>
>>29963642
>>Earth pony: Loses; has significantly less forward range and turning around to try for a buck is ridiculous.
it really fucking isn't. why do you think charge cavelry existed?
>>
>>29966615
>Anon is fighting a pony to the death.
>The pony calls for a time out.
>Puts his sword down.
>Grabs the end in his mouth, rotates the entire weapon until it pops off.
>Grabs the pommel in his hoof.
>Calls for time out to end.
>Throws the pommel at Anon.
>>
>>29966735
The anon would leg it before pony could finish unscrewing their pommel as anon knows he would be ended rightly if he stayed.

Besides, what self respecting man would go into battle without an unscrewable pommel?
>>
>>29963531
How would the average pony fare against an armored horse?
>>
>>29963531
If the man gets all up in samurai armor, starts yelling incoherently in weeb language, and then throws pasta directly into the pony's face, he should win with no trouble.
>>
>>29963531
Pony sees man clad in armor, never seen a bipedal being, half are skeptical about it, others think it is the true gods. Every pony gets sick because of man's diseases that he brings. Many die, many think it is because of wrath of gods. Many pones turn away from the princesses to worship the human. Human is pleased. War breaks out between those loyal to the princesses and those led by the human. Many a great deaths of pony kind.
>>
>>29967005
The screwed pommel thing is thought to be because of a very specific set of rules for a Trial by Combat.

Each combatant is allowed to bring into the fight a sword and a spear, nothing else. The bout will then begin when the accuser throws a weapon at the accused. The idea was that they should throw the spear and then close with the sword, but this put them at a (intentional by design) disadvantage.

But then some clever knight got the idea of an unscrewing pommel. The sword would become unbalanced and lose the ability to 'pommel' their opponent, but they would throw that instead and be able to keep their spear for the rest of the fight.
>>
>>29963561
For you
>>
>>29964114
*Cuts his limbs off*
>>
>>29967052
>earth ponies
Almost certain victory for the horse.

>unicorns
Almost certain defeat for the horse.

>pegasi
Certain defeat for the horse.
>>
>>29967052
Fucked to death.
>>
>>29967240
>Pony sees man clad in armor, never seen a bipedal being
What are minotaurs, this already broke apart on the first line.
>Every pony gets sick because of man's diseases that he brings.
>Completely different species and biology.
>Falling for the same diseases and illness.
I mean, what the fuck? Unless the human was carrying some really fucking lethal cross species pathogens it would be much more likely that he'd die himself before even making contact with the ponies because of being in a completely different environment.

This prompt is ridiculous and you should feel bad about it.
>>
>>29963531
>metatron
>>
>>29967975
There are deadly equine diseases that don't affect humans at all but we can transmit between horses.
>>
File: 1185052-emperor.jpg (23KB, 386x279px) Image search: [Google]
1185052-emperor.jpg
23KB, 386x279px
>>29963531
I put my money on human.
Well unless we assume that every unicorn wreck shit with magic, and earth ponies can break stones with one kick but then there isn't any point in disccsion.
If by "average pony" you mean without armour and weapon human certainly win, it's tough as fuck to defeat someone with armour, and pony hooves while may be good at fighting someone without armour, aren't build to injure armored oponent. You want to focus all force in one point, it's why most warhammers or maces have sharp edges or spikes (and I'm not speaking about fantasy gigant warhammers but real weapons).
And even if pony and human have similar equipment, stil man has many advantages:
>longer reach
>pony head on kickable level while human head outside of pony reach
>human can use 2 hands to hold weapon while pony only one (and holding weapon in mouth is idotic idea as >>29966580 pointed)

For unicorns it comes to magic, so we can't really predict outcome (I still think that human win because HFY!)
Idea of turning back to your enemy when he has longer reach and maybe even weapon is rather stupid but it can work with pony on pony action.
And while flight gives big advantage it isn't good idea to fly into your enemy with giant speed or try to kick him while flying (laws of motion and shieet). So for pegasi it's probably better to just stay out of reach and drop boulder on opponent or just plainly avoid straight fight.
>>
>>29967715
I'll bite yer hooves off. Swear on me mum.
>>
File: Sandalphon.jpg (23KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sandalphon.jpg
23KB, 512x480px
>>29967987
I agree, Sandalphon's clearly superior.
>>
>>29967052
Those mare gonna rape that poor horse
>>
>>29963531
Well I imagine it would be hard for the human to penetrate the pony effectively inside all that armor, and I doubt armored hands would be very comfortable for the pony.

Not very well at all.
>>
>>29966722
A pony is not a fully grown horse, much less range
>>
>>29963531
>Earth Pony
Bucks human into the nearest solid object (e.g. a cart, a house, a tree). The human dies from internal bleeding, and is in agonizing pain the whole way.

>Unicorn
Twists human into gory pretzel with telekinesis.

>Pegasus
Picks human up, flies to about the height of the Empire State Building, and drops them like a rock.
>>
>>29963531
Pony dies, because it doesn't kill.
>>
>>29963531
Blunt force.
The hardest of helmets won't save you when your neck breaks from the impact.
>>
Just pick up the pony and throw it as hard as you can onto the ground.
>Earth pony, probably alive but sore
>Unicorn, ded
>Pegasus, unless it can manage flight in the 4 feet it hits the ground, ded; not big surprise.
>>
File: 8e965776ca72079677ab124d21cc2c58.jpg (157KB, 736x1011px) Image search: [Google]
8e965776ca72079677ab124d21cc2c58.jpg
157KB, 736x1011px
What do ponies know about war? Nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw
>>
>>29963531
What no one is mentioning is the skill of the opponent.
>earth
Applejack (real good fight, could go either way)
Roseluck (lose)
>unicorn
Twilight (win)
Rarrara (lose)
>pegasus
Dash (might have chance, unlikely though)
Flutters (lose)
>>
All you niggers seem to be forgetting that they follow cartoon physics and we don't. You can grab a pony and stretch it to twice it's normal length and it will just spring back. Twilot can survive getting pianos and shit dropped on her from 40 feet in the air.
>>
File: His name is not important.jpg (222KB, 1494x1038px) Image search: [Google]
His name is not important.jpg
222KB, 1494x1038px
>>29963531
Depends, what kinda armor are we talking about here?
What kind of man is he?
What constitutes an "average" pony?
>>
File: 97a.jpg (41KB, 325x358px) Image search: [Google]
97a.jpg
41KB, 325x358px
Yes, but as seen in the episode with Tirek, they will try to defend themselves. What matters is how powerful said pony was, whether they have powerful magic, flight, or strength. It also depends on what kind of armor. Chain mail? Plate mail? Leather? Where are they fighting? There are too many variables to find this out. But ponies also prefer containment, seeing as they imprisoned 2 beings that basically equated to gods instead of outright killing them. But if we're talking about one pony, its hard to say. Think of Trixie in magic duel. The beam from her horn only tickled. Is she at the power level of a normal unicorn? Above? Below? Take Bic Mac. In Apple Family Reunion he picked up a sink/counter. He was also visibly struggling with it. On the other hand, he was only using one hoof. But he's also a rare example and most ponies except a select few are probably as strong as him. Applejack also calls him 'The Strong One', implying that he's stronger than her. Now think of Rainbow Dash, who is a very strong flyer. In Equestria Girls bloopers, she can be seen carrying (human) Rainbow Dash. While not canon, it still shows her wing power. However, that is a teenage girl presumably about 5'4". A full grown man, about 6' weighing 180 pounds plus the additional 60 pounds of armor would be much more difficult. Most pegasi are also much weaker, so they definitely wouldn't be able to just drop him. They would most likely have to hover above him and take cheap shots, and most likely be grabbed eventually.
>>
>>29969168
Is that based stickman's megaform?
>>
File: tenoutoften.png (14KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tenoutoften.png
14KB, 1600x1200px
>>29963531
>see image
wtf is this babby thread going on about?
>>
>>29963546
I hope you get stabbed, I really do.
>>
File: remove dog remove dog.jpg (383KB, 994x1264px) Image search: [Google]
remove dog remove dog.jpg
383KB, 994x1264px
>>29969156
>Rarrara (lose)
Nigr u wot? Squiggletail might not have Twilight's raw power, but she's much more skilled, imaginative, and aggressive as a fighter.
>>
>>29969708
[citation needed]
>>
>>29969829
Not him, but Rarity can fight.DYEWTS
>>
>>29969829
Rarara is certainly aggressive, but I don't know if I'd call her "more inventive". What's interesting is that she doesn't seem to use her magic much, preferring hooves and kicks.

Pic related, from the earlier seasons. She was also one of the first to get started fighting the nightmares in Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep and fought the Changelings just as well as the rest of them. When push comes to shove, Dresshorse is no pushover.
>>
>>29969124
I was disappointed that this and Rip and Tear were the only really download worthy songs from that OST. But they are really good songs for the gym
>>
>>29969166
And you obviously haven't watched Space Jam where cartoon physics applies to everyone. So a human abusing this power would be unstoppable
>>
>>29969920
>So a human abusing this power would be unstoppable
IF you could think like a toon anon.
>>
>>29969960
We're all a bunch of toons here.
>>
>>29969829
She kicked an enraged manticore in the face in Episode 2. In S2E1, she ninjakicked the piss out of Applejack over her rock. She threatened a group of adolescent dragons (before fleeing, admittedly. She's not stupid). In her dreams, she fought her nightmares when Twilight fled from hers. She thought to repair the wounded dreamscape while Twilight... turned into a superhero from that one comic she was a part of once and shot lasers.

Twilight's strong as hell, more powerful than Rara, no doubt. But the inventiveness she showed in E9 is gone now, in favor of MOAR LAZORS. Rarity's better at thinking outside the box, better at physical confrontation, and she has always been more aggressive than Twiggles.
>>
>>29970067
She's also a whore
>>
File: 1367493391161.png (196KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1367493391161.png
196KB, 800x800px
>>29970076
Whatever makes you feels good, man. Tell you one thing. If Besthorse IS a whore, she's a better whore than Twinkiepants could ever be. Because she's better than Twilight at everything except raw power.
>>
>>29970076
wtf why can't i upvote this
>>
File: armoredponk.png (407KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
armoredponk.png
407KB, 1032x774px
>>29965020
Ok, larper still gets rekt., faggot.
>>
>>29970300
You don't really understand what "average" means, do you? Ponkhorse and the rest are main characters specifically because they are not average.
>>
>>29970121
>she's a better whore than Twinkiepants could ever be
No one ever argued otherwise or that this was a bad thing.
>>
>>29967975
I was going for the whole "Hernando Cortez" thing. You know, the most evil man to ever touch a page in history. Worst that what any man says Hitler was (claimingly) Hitler is a saint compared to Cortez.
>>
>>29969680
Good thing my pony's cuckshed has a first aid kit.
>>
>>29963531
Shove him into the river and watch him drown while singing a catchy song. "drown this man, drown this man, 1,2,3,4..."
>>
>>29970300
That is incredibly shitty armor.
>>
>>29963531
Holy shit Metatron. Did not expect to see him here
>>
>>29972319
Read the thread. The Weebfather's obviously got some fans on /mlp/.
>>
File: Shut up or else.png (732KB, 1444x1967px) Image search: [Google]
Shut up or else.png
732KB, 1444x1967px
>>29963531

Pretty well. First thing is to neutralize that armor.
>>
>>29966722
you really think a cavalry formation tried to buck the enemy??
>>
>>29970801
someone used to their armour could swim in it.
>>
>>29973266
Yeah, no.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.