[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically, how much longer can the show last? I mean, after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: time_for_death.jpg (43KB, 192x196px) Image search: [Google]
time_for_death.jpg
43KB, 192x196px
Realistically, how much longer can the show last?

I mean, after the movie, where can they go?
>>
>>29958923
As long as it remains profitable, which will be a very, very long time. Just a few decades ago, people scoffed at the idea of any cartoon running longer than The Flintstones, but now MLP has almost surpassed said GRAND DAD.
>>
>>29958923
realistically it could last forever. all theyd have to do is start focusing on other ponies or at the very least start having adventure episodes where they visit other parts of the world. they might even stay in other parts of the world for an extended period of time.
>>
Simpsons is still going after 30 years, but then they did predict the election of President Trump in March of 2000.
>>
>>29958923
The will do what they have been doing for the past 30 years; starting a new generation.
>>
>>29958923
If the simpsons can do it, so can MLP. If they don't reboot.And they should
They'll just make a series of random episodes that don't really connect to each other.
It will be slice of life. The pony version.
>>
>>29959304
Heck, that's kinda what parts of Season 1 and 2 felt like, before they started adding more continuity. Thus if an episode you don't like comes out, fuck you because it's an integral part of the show's overall story.
>>
>>29958956
the quality has gotten worse and worse, though

Sounds familiar?
>>
>>29959947
ya. sounds like spongebob.
>>
>>29958923
Around season 8-9 at best. If the movie bombs hard (which it will) Hasbro may try to do some marketing for a season afterwards and if that will fail too, they might axe this for good.

The show ratings are already below of when LPS got the axe, and they get halved each season.
>>
>>29959947
Hasbro doesn't care about quality, they just care if their plastic garbage sells or not.
>>
>>29958923
If Spongebob is still running anything is possible.
how long can kt remain good is the question.
>>
>>29960009
SpongeBob's Golden Age (1999-2004) was only its first 60 episodes, it's aired 150 since with varying degrees of quality.
MLP has been on a downward slope for years, it wasn't completely pure at the beginning either, and actually fun episodes get rarer as time goes on. A notion that changed for SB around 2011, when it was at ~150 episodes.
>>
>>29960019
it must suck living in your imaginary world.
>>
>>29960042
It must suck living in yours
>>
File: 28624645.png (132KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
28624645.png
132KB, 400x300px
>>29960071
>having fun with each new season
>love every minute of the ride
ya, truly this is my personal hell.
>>
>>29958923

Where can they go? They can pass the baton to a new main cast including Starlight and Trixie.
>>
>>29958923
>I mean, after the movie, where can they go?
Deeper
>>
>>29960075
You can't win them all
Maybe you still enjoy pony show
But you have familiar or financial problems
So yeah I am sure you are up here but down somewhere else
>inb4 lies about my life is like an 80s movie
>>
>>29960118
i dont know how you knew ive been arguing with my pseudodragon lately, but i dont see what that has to do with the shows quality.
>>
"movie is just the beginning"
here is your answer
>>
>>29958923
Until we dead
>>
File: 1351763517274101389[1].png (719KB, 800x470px) Image search: [Google]
1351763517274101389[1].png
719KB, 800x470px
Spongebob is an episodic sitcom, MLP is also part adventure with a focus on continuity and character development, It's not like there are any shows like that that have lasted as long as Spongebob has.

Oh wait.
>>
>>29958923
Depends how the movie does.
I can see how eventually they will want to reboot the franchise with very similar colorful characters while keeping the old cast around.

How the plastic is selling currently?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.