[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice, don't know what to say or do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 23

File: sadtwilight.png (174KB, 935x855px) Image search: [Google]
sadtwilight.png
174KB, 935x855px
I hate that we can't make a thread wondering what we're doing with our lives or if this show was ever really good in the first place because of all the shit-tier trolling and "We're all gonna die lmao" nihilism retardity. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, story time.

>be me
>introduced a friend to MLPFIM
>showed him s1
>he called it shit and called the characters bland cookie-cutter stereotypes that make dumb decisions to make the cliche plots happen
>told him to watch s2 because it gets better
>he did
>called it nothing special and pointed out how stupid discord was
>called Lesson Zero, my favorite episode, pointless idiot-plot crap.
>points out the similarities between this fandom and the moe fandom, and says a handful of good eggs that did charity shit when S2 was still new doesn't exactly affect the legions of idiots that only like the show because muh cute girls or the tards acting like everything we make/do/are is perfect or the greater number of tards acting like those tards give them the right to be entitled catty egofucks that think they're "Discerning".
>he then disses all the shit episodes and pointed out how most of the episodes are shit
>I defend show and fandom
>point out the lives it saved, mine included
>he asks why
>explain
>he laughs and points out that if "a little piece of genuine kindness and life" was all I needed, any moeblob shit would be enough for a depressed little emo in need
>gutpunch.exe
>feels fucking good, man. first violence in years.
>go home
>text from animehater
>>If the brony fandom really saved you, why are you suicidal again? Two pages of "life is bootiful uwu" and six pages of "fuck you you must be faking this for attention" in the Life Advice part of MLPforums does not a kind fandom make. Was there ever any light, or were you just seeing what a desperate mind wanted to see? The fandom you rant about to me sometimes are the bronies now, aren't they?
>still haven't replied
>have nothing to say
>>
File: literally burning.png (172KB, 587x581px) Image search: [Google]
literally burning.png
172KB, 587x581px
>>29949941
The fandom is dead, the good times are over, we're literally gonna die, it's the end of the world as we know it, and I don't feel fine.
>>
File: A_big_group_hug_S1E23.png (721KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
A_big_group_hug_S1E23.png
721KB, 1280x720px
>>29949941
>Don't know what to say
Don't say anything.
>>
>>29949941
Thanks for the blog update. I'll be sure to upvote.
>>
>>29949968
Back when S3 was new, someone made this thread. He was terrified that the brony fandom would die slowly and the show would become mindless badly-pandering turd slurry. He was afraid the best would leave and the dumbest and most emotional would stay and keep telling themselves that all seasons of mlp are fine and nothing is wrong and anyone who says otherwise is a fucking naysayer antibrony cunt here to "troll".

I laughed at him and said the brony fandom has something special, something no other fandom has: Heart. We've saved lives and improved others, and made this world a better place. When's the last time you heard about a dungeons and dragons fan convention or a tumblr trash convention raising even half what we raise or accomplishing even half of what we accomplished? We've made ponies a cultural icon. We're here to stay, and even if the show becomes garbage, we'll be there, sitting around the garbage fire and laughing at it while talking about the good old days.

I was wrong. I was wrong and I hate it. The new MLP episodes aren't garbage fires, you can't admire or discuss them, they're turds made by idiots that don't care led by a manchild that uses this show for an easy paycheck and easier validation. Talking about bad modern MLP and good old MLP isn't fun, it's depressing. There are only so many ways you can say "Glimmy is a shit character and she violates the setting and its themes and concepts in too fucking many ways and I always wanted Trixie back but not like this, damn you, not like this, I didn't want her used as the edgy badder best friend to the bad grrl, I never fucking wanted this at all" before your tears get in your keyboard and you wonder if that's a health hazard.

Glimfags are looking at this thread and laughing and I don't care, they were laughing at us in S2 for "Unironically enjoying a little girl's show", and they're only here now because the show's finally stupid enough for them now that it's using "cringe humor".
>>
File: op2.png (264KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
op2.png
264KB, 600x340px
>>29949941
>tee hee I added a horse to my blog now it's board related
>>
>>29949941
Twilight is getting thicc
>>
>>29950130
unf
>>
>>29950066
>>29950082
"Maybe if my Glimfag-tier shitposting didn't get his attention the first time, posting the same shit a second time will!"

Fuck off, retard. It's not "a blog post", it's a post relevant to the brony fandom and show discussion. You know, the things this general-filled shithole used to have?
>>
>>29950159
OP, your original post reads like some faggot whining about a fight with his boyfriend.

Fuck off, again.
>>
>>29950178
Wow, butthurt much?

You fuck off. I have a reason to be here. You don't.
>>
>>29950159
Please end yourself.
>>
>>29950159
You're attention whoring. Fuck off.
>>
>>29950193
>>29950210
Crawwwwwling iiiin ur craaaaawl
Samefaaaaagging caaaannot save yooou
Yoooou're a liiiitle biiiiitch
Heeeere's your preeeecious (You)
>>
>>29950226
Your autistic fits are highly amusing. Keep sperging.
>>
>>29949941
Not sure if your 'friend' is trying to be as honest as possible to help you out or if he's just a gigantic douchebag.

Anyway, about the quality of the show, he has some points. Yeah, the episodes were a little cliche and cheesy. This is no Oscar winning show. But then again, if you expect Breaking Bad levels of script from MLP then you're fucking retarded.

I think that's the problem here. Most of us started watching the show with little expectations and an open mind, just to know what was all the fuss about. And we found a surprisingly well written, light-hearted show, with relatable characters and pleasant animation. For some it meant the cutie thing that somehow balanced how depressing life can be, for others it was the gateway to a thriving fandom.

For other people it didn't mean nothing at all and it's just a stupid 5 year old girls show. And that's okay, different people like different things.

The bottom line is that, if you enjoyed the show and it made you happier in some way, that's all that matters.

You could have prevented this if you had hidden your power level. Did you think it was just a meme or something?
>>
File: 1480210457379.png (90KB, 392x413px) Image search: [Google]
1480210457379.png
90KB, 392x413px
>>29949941
>he laughs and points out that if "a little piece of genuine kindness and life" was all I needed, any moeblob shit would be enough for a depressed little emo in need
He's right you know.
>>
>>29950254
Took you long enough.

From his perspective, he's just being honest. He's seen my writing, and he thinks I'd have more of a shot writing original fiction and making something of myself than I would trying to please a fanbase infested with needy bitchy normies and tards that've been here from the start and snowballed into "Popularity" so they think their farts don't stink.
>>
>>29950237
>>29950266
"Maybe if I ham-fistedly try to hit the sore spot the guy's friend already hit, it'll make him mad like me! And best of all, I only need to go 'Me too'!"
>>
>>29950299
It's interesting how you feel that it's just trolling. I do somewhat feel that way though, granted not all "moeshit" qualifies as this kind of show as some focus more on comedy but genuine SoL shows can give pretty much the same reactions. For some people MLP is pretty much the first cartoon with this much SoL elements so I can see how they feel that MLP is special, but is it hard to assume that MLP isn't the only thing in the world that can produce a similar soothing effect? If you absolutely dismiss the entire category of animation because "it's anime" it's pretty much like dismissing MLP on a basis that it's a show for little girls.
>>
>>29950299
Kek, you're clearly already mad.
>>
File: 1491690763804.gif (3MB, 589x331px) Image search: [Google]
1491690763804.gif
3MB, 589x331px
>>29950159
>relevant to the brony fandom
WEW LAD. You're not from around here are you.
>>
>>29950299
>quoting, not greentexting
Surely, a ruse! But seriously faggot, this is not the place where you talk about defending the ebin brony fandumb /). We talk about the episodes and why they're good/shit, we go into subtopics like generals, we make content like art and music. We're not faust's warriors for broknee kind.
>>
It's simple: the expectations for MLP were low, so when it turned to be A-OK show, a lot of people got interested. Then more people got interested "adult men watchin' lil' girls' cartoon? Unbelievable!". What it led to is an incredibly large and diverse and ABSOLUTELY AWESOME fandom. Crazy and talented people like Sherclop Pones (people behind FiW) and Kkat (that one extremely perverted and extremely talented bitch that wrote Fallout: Equestria) sure as hell contributed to that.
No, MLP itself is NOT, I repeat, NOT special, but the circumstances surrounding it are.

Stop trying to convert people to this fandom. If they seriously don't see the appeal - fuck 'em. We have our own fucking "Ulysses" in the form of the already mentioned "Fo:E" with a gay lesbian horse as a protagonist, is this seriously not cool\insane enough for you to get interested?! No?! Fuck off then! I'll have this all for myself!
>>
>>29950533
>Gay lesbian
Holy fuck, me!
>>29950491
Also, this, yeah. /mlp/ is seriously not the right place for this thread.
>>
>>29949941
not your personal blog faggot, kys.
>>
>>29949941
>If the brony fandom really saved you, why are you suicidal again? Two pages of "life is bootiful uwu" and six pages of "fuck you you must be faking this for attention" in the Life Advice part of MLPforums does not a kind fandom make. Was there ever any light, or were you just seeing what a desperate mind wanted to see? The fandom you rant about to me sometimes are the bronies now, aren't they?
They are right
I am looking to get a fucking gun to finish the job this time
I am sick of pretending there is hope and a chance for things to get better
It is time to see reality and face the music.
Death is the only destiny, so may as well speed things up anyway.
>>
>>29950640
If your're not trolling, go see a therapist or go to your local church or something.

Quitters don't get to Equestria.
>>
>>29950671
I already tried and gave up
If I don't deserve Equestria then bring me hell
Shouldn't be much worse than this I am sure
>>
>>29950671
>church
You really think someone who browses a Danish pentagram-drawing forum will go anywhere near one of those buildings?
>>
>>29950692
Not to mention that Jesus never said shit about suicide anyways.
>>
>>29950699
Religion is a cult that celebrates, welcomes, and invites death.
>>29950640
Who the fuck are you. I look away for fourty fucking minutes and see someone hijacking my thread. 0/10.
>>29950533
I should make a Fallout Equestria side story. Anyone here ever read those?
>>
>>29950676
The only people who can never enter Equestria are those who spammed /mlp/ with human content.

All others can be accepted if they only truly want it from their heart.
>>
>>29950749
>hijacking my thread
>literally posting about your OP
You are mentally damaged, no wonder nobody likes you.
>>
>>29950676
Then try again. Depression is a bitch and will make you think there's no way to make things better, but it always is.

And you will miss the upcoming episodes and movies.

https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1493160195115.webm

Seriously, don't do it. There are people who still care about you, even if those people are anons from a mongolian anime imageboard.

>>29950692
He doesn't lose anything for trying. The finding Jesus things works for some people.
>>
>>29950749
*tips*
>>
>>29950796
I tried for 16 years son
Don't come to me with that bullshit of "things can get better" because I am not hungry or homeless anymore but this isn't much better
I still wish I died every single night
the doctors admitted pills don't do much but to fucking control my fucking hallucinations
I tried therapy and medics and all they do is steal all my money and waste my fucking time
And I am sick of both things
I'll do one thing for my fucking self rather than for others and that is ending my own suffering
>>
>>29950824
And I am 31 before you scream underage ban
>>
>>29950839
How hard is it to obtain a shotgun and some bullets in your country? Steal one if you have to, cause you can't get jailed if you're dead.
>>
>>29950861
I don't know of any militar arsena
I was thinking of trying to assault some shop or some shit to get killed by cops but that's not a safe death they could let me live to see how much money they can get from me
I don't know of any shady sellers either, so I am shit out of luck right now.
Sucks to be in taco country.
>>
>>29949941
You know the show is legit bad though. I've been watching it, and let me tell you... its stupid.
Characters are annoying and cringie, drama is forced and very very minor.
Show is just mostly filler and it's boring.

Suicidal autistist will be suicidal and autistic. The only reason I come here is too writefag, shit post, and bantz about off topic things.
Fandom is just an excuse to have cutie pones do hardcore weird shit. Like dp and coke.

Just get some exercise and buy a vidya. You'll be less suicidal.
>>
File: 1457652564575.png (277KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1457652564575.png
277KB, 768x768px
>>29949941
I unironically cannot picture someone over the age of fifteen writing this paragraph out or having this discussion. Also, /MLP/ IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL BLOG. Fucking cancer

>muh mlp saved my life xd
Retardation.
>my friend insulted me because i was being a little whiny snot so i punch him
Retardation
>woe is me i'm so sad xdd
Retardation

>>If the brony fandom really saved you, why are you suicidal again? Two pages of "life is bootiful uwu" and six pages of "fuck you you must be faking this for attention" in the Life Advice part of MLPforums does not a kind fandom make. Was there ever any light, or were you just seeing what a desperate mind wanted to see? The fandom you rant about to me sometimes are the bronies now, aren't they?
Your friend is just as retarded as you for buying into your bullshit or even listening to your crap for a microsecond. If you're suicidal why are you prancing around and posting about it? Maybe when you go through some actual hardship you'll realize your victim complex wasn't so bad after all. I've known some guys who've gone through some real shit, I've gone through some shit, and not once did I tell or ask anyone for "advice", and I put that in quotations because you're not asking for advice, you're asking for self validation and attention. If My Little Pony and the attached fandom legitimately "saved your life" you need to go have a psych eval.

Your friend is the mature one here. Your friend is the one in the right here. Maybe you already know this and just need someone to say it, because this is blatantly obvious. You are being an emo shit. "a little piece of genuine kindness and life" kept you from killing yourself? You mean this festering, gay cancerous ball of a fandom. Good fucking riddance.

You go and text your friend "I'm sorry". Nothing else.
>>
>>29950815
*tips*
>>
>>29950990
Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>29950967
>I unironically cannot
So, how long have you been underage?
>>
>>29950967
I think he should offer his friend an "I'm sorry" blowjob.
>>
>>29950254
>Breaking Bad levels of script
lol
>>
>>29949941
Anon, I won't even bother reading this whole thread - judging by the OP I can conclude you're a doomsaying faggot.

Not being able to take opposing opinions is bad. Not having your own opinion is even worse. If you "have nothing to say" in a "tastes differ" discussion - you are a pathetic bandwagoner that repeats shit that he heard somewhere else.

For example, anon, I love MLP. I love it more than you do. My love for MLP did not get any weaker during these years. I genuinely enjoy it and it never fails to bring a smile to my face.
But if I really wanted to, I could easily point out dozens of flaws in every single episode and make them sound incredibly shitty, including my personal favorites.

Though, if that'll make it easier for you - no, MLP is not the same as moe-animes. It may look similar to an outside viewer and that similarity often becomes the thing that'll pique interest in watching the series in the first place, but it ultimately has different focus and style of story-telling than moe stuff.
A classic, non-shit example of pure "moe" would be "K-On!" - which is exactly the cartoon that made the genre widely popular nowadays. If you'll watch it - you'll see that its focus is "cute girls do cute things" while something remotely relevant happens in the process. "Love Live" is a popular modern example, but it's a cheap shit and even its fans admit it.
Stuff like "Lucky Star" isn't exactly pure moe - it's more of a gag show with moe being just a part of the appeal.
Meanwhile, MLP always focuses on telling a story and presenting a moral. You can't go through a single episode while only contemplating "cute ponies do cute things" - not all of the episodes even have that. Maximum what MLP allows itself is to have "pure moe" scenes from time to time - like pick related. But episode-wise it's always about character interaction, story and moral.

I won't be telling you the reasons the show is good, though. If you can't figure it out for yourself - it's sad.
>>
File: mildLewds.gif (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
mildLewds.gif
2MB, 853x480px
>>29951539
>like pick related
>pick
Aaand he forgets the pic related.
>>
>>29950640
>all that edge
Anon, you have to be older than 18 to browse this board.
>>
This all can simply be shut down by stating the obvious; MLP is not a fucking anime. It is a children's show.
>>
>>29951615
see
>>29950839
>>
File: MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.png (17KB, 450x318px) Image search: [Google]
MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.png
17KB, 450x318px
>>29951630
Anon, you have to be older than 18 to browse this board.

If you're really 31, which I really fucking _hope_ you're not, then you have the mentality of an angsty teenager and you are still likely not to live fully independent from your parents.

The "this world is shit, there's no hope and I can't take it anymore" comes from a life that's too good and easy to teach you a lesson or two.
>>
>>29951664
You make a lot of stupid assumptions
First I was actually homeless and starving for years
Then I am schizophrenic
And even if my father died and I inherited the shit so I did the fresh prince, I always think it would be better to not wake at all
So shut the fuck up and stop thinking you know shit kid
Because being wealthy and knowing what hell is to be poor as hell that you can't even buy a bottle of water to satiate your thirst is something I don't recommend to anybody
Now fuck off
>>
>>29950074
No Second Prances gave Trixie character depth. What's wrong with your expectations? When characters aren't given depth, people call them bland, but when they are, they call them edgy. Barely anything in S1 was deep or original, yet you still enjoyed.
>>
>>29951689
>I'll take stories that never happened for 200
For someone who was starving for years, you spend an awfully lot of time shitposting on the Internet, darling.

The difference is, my family actually was poor back in the past. So it's pretty easy to see through your bullshit.

Well, I can give you the benefit of the doubt, though, and just conclude that you're an irredeemable idiot who's useless for society and can actually and himself anytime.

Say "hi" to your mom from me.
>>
>>29951755
Don't believe me if you don't want to fucking beech
I have nothing to prove on the internet
And if you really know what is like to sleep on the floor and not being able to buy even a motherfucking loaf of bread for the whole day but finding food in trash cans then you know why I wnat to kill myself
I have nightmares of ending homeless again constantly
And like I said I got money now and I can shitpost all I want because I don't even need to work
But I can never fucking forget the nightmares
>>
>>29949941
Regardless of the blog post you're both idiots. And right now you're just feeding off of each other.
>>
>>29951778
Nah it's "the stories that never happened for 200".

You have to be older than 18 to browse this board, anon.
>>
File: 60's hitler.jpg (29KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
60's hitler.jpg
29KB, 620x470px
>>29949941
You faggots have only yourselves to blame for OP

YOU KNOW what his threads look like and you still reply
>>
>>29951797
Just fuck off then.
>>
>>29951797
>>29951799
these two posts just fit so perfectly together. both are written by "cynical" tryhard edgelords. Really, OP, I don't think this thread should've been made.
>>
File: Comic_Book_Guy_WEE.jpg (21KB, 430x307px) Image search: [Google]
Comic_Book_Guy_WEE.jpg
21KB, 430x307px
OP, your friend is pic related. Call him fat and enjoy ponies if you want to.
>>
File: art.png (810KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
art.png
810KB, 1280x960px
>>29951842
>edgelords
Now let's take a wild guess who here enjoys his life and love the show and who does not?
>>
>>29951884
Edgelords typically don't. And I don't think you can make assumptions about me, considering it's my third post in this thread.
>>
File: IMG_4245.jpg (39KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4245.jpg
39KB, 600x342px
>>29949941

If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight.

1 Corinthians 3:18-19
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (40KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
40KB, 479x720px
>>29951916
Obligatory (You).
>>
File: suicide_live_your_life.png (41KB, 1350x561px) Image search: [Google]
suicide_live_your_life.png
41KB, 1350x561px
>>29949941
Lesson Zero is pretty bad though, I still don't understand how people like that one and cry "OOC" at the most minor things in other episodes. It just doesn't make sense for Twilight to overreact like that.

>>29950824
If you're considering death anyway, at least go out and have some fun before. Pic related.
>>
>>29951980
It makes total sense considering Swarm of the Century, Feeling Pinkie Keen and A Bird in the Hoof. It's one of the best episodes of the series, giving Twilight more personality and character than most of her other personal episodes while also managing to have two relatable lessons at once and helping the show progress in format a little.

People don't really hate it unless they're hardcore S1 headcanon makers who have been making their "perfect Twilight" image in their heads for months, either dismissing the paranoid side of her as insignificant of overall ignoring it.
>>
>>29950074
>Boo Hoo Hoo, Mah Show isn't the way I want it to be and goes against all my head cannons and shit teer stories I published to the brony board of bad fan fics.

Get over yourself. Stories written and stories told evolve over time. The show evolved, get over it.
>>
>>29952001
In theory I agree with you, I don't consider myself a "hardcore S1 headcanon maker" and I like It's About Time a lot, which has a similar lesson. I also think Twilight freaking out over a missed deadline is a nice idea and pretty logical. However for some reason I've never really enjoyed Lesson Zero when I watched it. I just think it's unlikely that Twilight would expect Celestia to act like that. She has known her for years and should be aware that Celestia tends to be rather lenient. After Ticket Master she should also have known that simply writing a letter can go a long way to sort out problems. I agree that Twilight would be likely to fail quite a few sanity checks under pressure, but I always felt this one was too far.
I usually tell myself that considering how many people like the episode I must just have hit a bad day or something and I'll like it better next time, but for now that hasn't happened.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
>>29951695
>>29952031
Dudes, that isn't the right way to do it, let me show you how a master does it.
>>
>>29952001
>>29952317
To add: I don't dislike the episode itself that much, I just can't really get behind the reason for Twilight to act so irrationally. I just rewatched it again and while I liked it better than last time, I still think it makes little sense, especially with her just not listening to Spike and the others.
>>
>>29952521
They pushed a bit too far, yeah. Basically it was needed to establish that all ponies can write letters now, not just Twilight, so they had to overplay it for plot reasons. She couldn't act more reasonable, the episode wouldn't have happened otherwise. I know it's shitty but that's how it is.
>>
Did you really punch your friend because he questioned your shitty fandom?
>>
>>29949941
>I have depression /mlp/
>/mlp/ is my blog!
>/mlp/ should feel sad for me!
I will never understand faggots like you who think this board is a blog for depressive cucks
fuck off, go to /r9k/
>>
>>29949941
Have you tried blaming yourself for the shit that happens to you?
no
people like you never do it, because thats what pussies do, cry like bitches, you just come to a chinese board to complain about your life when there are other places for that bullshit
This place is for social outcasts, yeah
but we dont make a fuss about it, now go to the real world and man up
>>
>>29953009
That call autistic anon.
>>
>>29950074
/mlpol/ would've made a difference.
>>
OP is a huge faggot.
>>
>>29955337
>gyehehe nod 2day page 10 :DDDDD
you're so leejun, /r/funnychan
>>
>>29955343
You are a huge faggot.
>>
>>29955355
What did """he""" mean by this?
>>
>>29955373
Oh so you're one of (((them)))
>>
File: 1476438389042.png (274KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476438389042.png
274KB, 720x720px
>>29950074

I've been watching since season 1 and love Starlight. Sorry but you can't explain away opinions that go against yours that way.
>>
>>29950074
The moment Twi flew up to the screen and told us:"Yes! Everything's gonna be just fine!" - that's when it was over. That was the time to stop being so invested in the show and the fandom. That's when the smart people got off the ride. You didn't.
>>
>>29950074
That would make a nice pasta
>>
File: se7en.gif (904KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
se7en.gif
904KB, 500x253px
>>29955565
>mfw everyone I joined with, jumped off after s3
>mfw I'm still here
>>
File: Pony heaven.png (484KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Pony heaven.png
484KB, 1500x1500px
>>29955583
They are waiting anon
>>
>>29955583
Me, too. I don't even like the show anymore but I watch it because I miss liking it so much that any crumb that reminds me of the magic I once felt is better than nothing. It's like an alcoholic drinking the cooking sherry.
>>
File: this is it.jpg (15KB, 636x368px) Image search: [Google]
this is it.jpg
15KB, 636x368px
>>29955595
I waited 7 years for an episode with my waifu.
I can't off myself now, what if she gets one in another 7 years?

I still 'enjoy' the show, more or less, but I wish I could stop coming here.
It stopped being fun big long ago.
>>
File: 432858.jpg (30KB, 520x581px) Image search: [Google]
432858.jpg
30KB, 520x581px
>people who "dropped" the show or don't enjoy it anymore but are STILL here
You got noone but yourself to blame. The ride is one click away from being over.
>>
>>29955625
No
I even go to other boards but they are worse than here
And that's really something i wouldn't have believed years ago
You fags somehow keep this fucking shithole comfy despite everything somehow
I wish I could steal that comfy for boards I actually like and then be free from here
>>
>>29955612
>Celestiafag
I would feel sorry but you know it isn't happening
Enjoy living in misery until they finally cancel the show because it stopped selling plastic garbage
>>
>>29955633
It's just because it's not only about the show. The community is still here. Because the show is still here and it didn't really change that much
>>
>>29955625
And we're stuck listening to their pissing and moaning.
>>
>>29955656
People who actively bitch about the show secretely want to enjoy it but for some reason refuse to. Again, if you're done with the show, you're done. If you still care about it enough to bitch, you obviously not done, you didn't drop it, you're still interested. People who really dropped the show are not here anymore. Or they're stupid enough to remain only to act bitter, wasting everyone's time.
>>
>>29950796
"Look at me I am in X why are you complaining cliche".

This argument is shit and proves why people will never understand depression unless they have suffered it them self. And even then they tend to forget how it felt like upon improving to a more normal life.

The only thing you do with this shit is worsening the depression for the people you are directing it at. Depressed people don't give a flying fuck if you tell them a kid in Africa is starving to death and you are supposed to magically feel better because you have food at the table and a roof over the head.

This is also why therapists and etc will never talk to their patients in this way. Because they are more knowledgeable about the subject than you are and know that this type of talk will only increase guilt and self-hate, which feeds the beast even more. If they do talk in this way switch therapist asap and never look back at them, they are useless.

I'd go so far that you are contributing to suicides with this. Not the other way around.

When you do shit like that, you get this: >>29950824

Good job anon, you just made it worser.

If you want to help, either do it right, or don't do it at all.
Now, after ranting on your dumb ass for a while. I can and will say that video is more useful for non-depressed people who can handle pep talk correctly.
>>
>>29955654
>the show is still here
Don't be deluded
>>
>>29955704
We're three episodes into new season if you haven't noticed.
>>
>>29955719
>new season
of the Trixie and Glimglam show. This is not the ride we got on.
>>
>>29955727
>two episodes with Starlight
>one with Trixie
>out of 8 revealed so far
Yeah, really hogging all that screentime.
>>
>>29955738
Humor changed
Character focus changed
The main characters act differently from their former selves
>but character progression
That's ok but I still don't like it, what gives? If you buy shoes they must fucking fit alright, not come big or small, otherwise you are in for a shitty walk time.
That's the fucking problem here. The show should have ended in S3, but they continued because muh $$$$$$.
I just wanted conclusion and hope the movie is it.
>>
>>29955738
The ride I got on was Bookhorse making friends, and once in a while fighting monsters with them when they weren't going on other wacky adventures. Now it's Princess of Friendship and her 5 background ponies sitting around a map watching characters I don't give a fuck about take center stage.
>>
>>29955750
>Humor changed
Back in S1-2 dropping heavy objects on characters or making them act like retards for the plot was funny.
>>
>>29955789
Now they act serious business
Glimmer was much more serious about the fucking table in the last episode than Twilight ever was.
It was seriouys business, not comedy like with Twilight spazing out and being generally funny when everybody told her to chill the fuck out in lesson zero.
What made it funny was how the others made it look like it was unimportant shit, but Troxie despite trying to simulate that feeling failed and it seemed like she knew it was important shit, which is anti climatic.
>>
>>29955809
But the episode itself was nothing like Lesson Zero and they didn't try to go for that. They tried to show how arrogant and oblivious Trixie is in a situation like this, when Starlight takes it extremely seriously. But the map business itself sin't that important to the plot, as Starlight has personal issues with Trixie's attitude. They also went for the contrast between a tight group of friends and Starlight and Trixie dynamic, most obviously in the song because Trixie said "we're gonna have so much more fun than them" and look how it turned out.

If anything, Flurry of Emotions had the basic "Twilight is tardy" premise but actually didn't repeat LZ there, which is commendable on its own. Not to mention LZ in itself was a meme episode, driven by its plot and wacky faces more than its characters. Twilight's neurotic attitude was much more enjoyable in the Bird in a Hoof and Swarm of the Century for example.
>>
>>29955859
I didn't watch the baby episode.
And if they went over that it wasn't as funny as it should have been. Not for me.
Troxie has been arrogant but she knows when important shit hits the fan she has to step it up, which made it even more unbelievable that she maintained her smug attitude.
>>
>>29955877
Well for sure, humor is subjective, can't really fault anyone for that.
Trixie also loves to fuck with Twilight and the responsibility was on Starlight, who always forgives her anyway. She does what she can get away with, and with that map she felt she has a pretty good chance. I'm not sure she even knows what this map even does and how valuable it is. It was basically "leave it to Starlight to worry about Twilight" and I don't think it was unreasonable to expect something like that from Trixie, who's not exactly friends with Twilight yet.
Trixie has been shown to be extremely self-absorbed and not very honest with her feelings to boot. But also we've never seen her up close and in this kind of situation before, this is the first time we get to see what she's really like, aside from being dishonest with herself in NSP. ABU is a stretch, maybe, but it's not out of character, it doesn't really contradict anything we've seen about Trixie before, I'd say it's forgivable. LZ is also a stretch for Twilight's character, doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>29955859
>Starlight has personal issues with Trixie's attitude
That was interesting to watch, but to me it seemed like a friendship problem a little over the heads of the target audience. It's the kind of stuff particularly self-aware teens might relate to, but hardly the kind of issue that is likely to resonate with prepubescent girls. And that's not the only instance of the show shifting away from the target audience. Twi becoming an authority figure instead of the character the viewer related to was another big one. Part of the show's charm was that it managed to be good while remaining something clearly aimed at six year old girls. Now the writing feels more like they're writing with teens in mind, which strikes me as odd because:
a) the show stopped being a cool thing for teens a while ago
b) teens are unlikely to buy the toys.

I don't even think it's totally intentional on the part of the writers. It's a lack of direction from the top. Vogel does not see the show as a show for little girls that anyone could enjoy. He's got his own weird vision for it that appears to be more mature than that. And that may make the show more interesting for adult viewers, but it makes it a lot less charming.
>>
>>29955942
Well we will see what they do with them I guess. Meanwhile I am not very excited for new episodes.
>>
>>29955958
Vogel is a shithead, no argument about that. I personally think he's done more bad things to the show than good. Josh and Jim are not great for the show as well. The biggest shift was felt in late S5 - early S6 and it was really obvious in some episodes. But even before that, disregard for Larson's work on MMC for example, Ep100, it's all just meddling from above. I prefer not to point fingers but there's no denying that there's some lack of care and perhaps even mismanagement.
But oddly S7 seems a bit different for me. Maybe it's because there's so little hope for it but I find myself enjoying the new episodes a lot, even though I hated S6. I don't know, maybe ladywriters as new story editors really put in work or it's just my attitude that changed during the hiatus but I liked all 3 new episodes to my own surprise.

>>29956060
I don't know if they're even going to take it anywhere, we'll have to see. We've got more touchy subjects coming up, RD and AJ parents. Now this will be a shitstorm to behold.
>>
>>29956075
>liked all 3 new episodes to my own surprise.
I liked them more than I expected to as well. But it feels like I'm watching a completely different show than the one I that got me on the ride. It's kind of like loving a music artist's breakthrough first couple releases then being underwhelmed by their perfectly fine but not particularly inspired new release. You still listen to it because you like their music, but those first releases are the ones you return to when you're in the mood to hear that artist.
>>
>>29956146
It all comes down to this perspective, I personally don't mind the change. The first seasons have their own charm but I don't want to disown the show because of changes. I did that once already, I left the board after MMC aired, just saw the reaction and closed the tab, and up until S5 I haven't been here, haven't watched the show. I thought it was ruined forever and I won't enjoy it now no matter what. One day I got bored and nostalgic and decided to catch up and I realised that it's not really how I imagined it. I could cope with it and find something to enjoy in it even if it changed. Looking back I'm glad I got into it again. Newer seasons may have shitty episodes but they have good ones as well, for me it's worth it. But I can understand people who think the way I did back then. It's just strange that they stick around still because I can't imagine staying here and seeing this show not being what it was, longing for this S1 charm. I have nothing against that point of view but still clinging to the show in this case - it's just masochism.
>>
>>29955958
>>29956075
>the Vogel ruins everything meme
It would be really nice if there was actually any evidence whatsoever backing that up. We don't even know for sure how much of a role he has/had in the production of the show, all that's know for sure is that he's a Hasbro exec. Obviously it would be somewhat relieving to be able to point to one guy and be able to say that he's the one responsible for everything bad with the show, but we don't know whether it's him unless I missed something that would prove that.
Agreed on Haber though, while he can write decent episodes, his editing wasn't that great.
As for Jim, I think people overestimate his influence on the show. He says some questionable shit sometimes and gets a load of shit for many things, but in the end, he's mostly concerned with animation, he doesn't have a lot of influence on the writing.
>Ep.100
Larson ended up having fun with it at least
>audience shift to teens
I can see this somewhat, but at the same time, repeating the same lessons over and over again wouldn't be good either. They've tackled a lot of things already and you can't really fault them for trying to do a bit more complex themes, not to mention that their original audience has aged too. I also think that having a friend who acts oblivious can happen to ten-year-olds too. Also who's to say little girls can't understand lessons for little girls that are a few years older? I thought that was a common standpoint here ^:)

>>29956146
>I'm watching a completely different show than the one I that got me on the ride
Well, the show hasn't been like S1 since S2 started, mainly because they mostly played it safe in S1 and only really started taking more risks in S2. Now I don't know which period exactly you're referring to and the show has also shifted a little more since S2, but I mostly like the shifts. I prefer characters and tones evolving over sitcom-like constant resets and status quo, even if not all changes are great.
>>
>>29956235
Vogel is debatable but when it comes to meddling with the show it's just easy to point fingers at him, that's why I don't like to do it much.
Jim shouldn't be allowed on the internet. Even not influencing the show that much he influences the fanbase.

Working with more serious themes is great but with episodes like Stranger than Fan Fiction and Flutter Brutter you can't help but to think if it was also targeted at "other fans". Especially knowing Jim's "it's only for the little girls" attitude. Little girls can understand deeper problems. Even if something like Amending Fences never happened to them personally they probably know what it's about. But introducing a character "you love to hate" isn't very mature and serves nothing in the end. It's this kind of direction that I'm worried about, not turning to more mature themes. In fact they could've used Twilight's ascension to push so many things about basically growing up.
>>
>>29956210
>it's just masochism
In my case it's more a matter of
>bored and nostalgic
Sure, I'd love the show to give me the feels it did back during S1-2, but I understand magic is a fleeting thing. I won't lie, some of S5-6 made me more numb to the show. But at the end of the day I'll take what the show has become over no pony at all. Obviously, or I'd have left by now.
>>29956235
I mention Vogel specifically because he made the jump from exec to writer because he wanted to be a creative, and saw MLP as his opportunity. There is no doubt his influence has been a good chunk of what shaped the direction for a while now.
>>
>>29956557
>There is no doubt his influence has been a good chunk of what shaped the direction for a while now.
I don't see how that follows from the prior. Him wanting to be a creative doesn't mean he has been trying to influence the direction of the show. It's possible, but it's equally possible that he just wants to try his hand at writing episodes no matter what they give him.
>>
>>29956602
I listened to the interview from Babscon, and he gave the impression he was very hands on as an exec working on MLP, and the close relationship he had with the creative team is exactly what allowed him to make the switch to writer.
>>
>>29956670
I see. I didn't watch the interview, but I saw in the thread, if the quote was legit (there were a couple fake ones), that he also likes to let them do their thing because he doesn't know enough about it. Was that in there?
>>
>>29956697
My two takeaways were that he'd have scripts edited where he personally though the writing was OOC for a particular character and he was terrified of the blank page as a writer because editing and rewriting were more in his comfort zone.
>>
>>29949941
It's okay anon.
I mean, I'm not going to read your whole fucking post, but it's okay.
It'll be okay, just do something you like.
Maybe that's just me, but I went from depressing and autistic to feeling good and getting a job just by writing autistic things about my waifu.
You just need to find something to do to exteriorise yourself or smth.
Do some sport, write, learn music, I dunno.
Try a bunch of stuff.
Also, watch happy stuff. Whether it's (((disney))) movies or other cartoons.

Uh, now that I think about it, I'm still autistic.
Damn it feels good
>>
>>29956738
OK, thanks. Has he said for how long he has been involved in the editing process? Because I'm pretty sure he's been on the team since S1. I saw in the thread that he was drawn in somewhere mid-S1, I suppose that's when he started?
>>
>>29956833
He was the exec in charge of Boys animation from S1-3. Grils & Preschool animation was a different department until S4, when he became exec of both.
>>
File: 1159369.png (501KB, 1279x717px) Image search: [Google]
1159369.png
501KB, 1279x717px
>>29955565
>when the smart people got off the ride
No, that's when the spergs who couldn't handle change got off the ride. It's natural selection.
>>
>>29957483
I don't know how new you are but if you've been here for even just a year the quality of both this board and the show has taken a nosedive and nearly every oldfag will tell you the same. The flamboyantly gay fan-of-the-fandom types have taken over. A prime example being some thread I saw a couple days ago with some guy admitting he doesn't watch the show and he had twenty (You)'s agreeing and not a single anon calling him out.

I wish to god I could just take /mlp/ off my bookmarks and forget about it but it's fucking ingrained into my life
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.