[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Age of Strife: An /mlp/ Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 17

File: Pocket's Character Sheet.png (466KB, 1640x1646px) Image search: [Google]
Pocket's Character Sheet.png
466KB, 1640x1646px
Previous Threads:
>https://desuarchive.org/mlp/search/subject/Age%20of%20Strife/

ITT: I, OP, will be taking you on a ride through the third age of Equestria. A time long before the original Elements of Harmony were born, with the unification of the three pony tribes still fresh in the minds of Equestrians everywhere, where Princesses Celestia and Luna struggle to maintain peace under the chaotic reign of Discord and ordinary ponies rise to the occasion with the dreams of becoming great heroes and defending their young nation. You are Pocket Knife, a small unicorn in a big world, and the recent victor of the fifty-third Tournament of Spring Champions. With your best friend Strawberry Fields, North Star, a pony who saved your life, and Sombra, some weird unicorn that started following you, you take on Equestria in search of glory, fame, and dank-ass loot.

This quest will be run in a tabletop system, the 5th edition of D&D to be exact. Meme at me all you want, but this is how I want to do it. It’s fun for me, and I’ll make it fun for you if you trust me and play along. Mechanical babble will be at a minimum except when you guys ask for it. I will, of course, be acting as the Dungeon Master and you all as the players. Feel free to ask any questions on how I run things.

Part Two: A Ballad of the Sun and Moon
Session 5
Last we left off, you traveled to a cave deep beneath the Castle of the Two Sisters to receive a mission from Celestia and Luna themselves; travel across the planes of Equestria to find the stolen Elements of Harmony and return it to them. Also they gave you, like, a fuckton of cash to get started.

Prepare your anuses for the first post of the thread.
>>
File: loot, glorious loot.jpg (184KB, 800x427px) Image search: [Google]
loot, glorious loot.jpg
184KB, 800x427px
>Everfree Forrest.
>After a short stay in the castle, the princesses had released you. You took North Star's suggestion of visiting the nearest settlement to spend all your hard-earned wealth. and so, you were on the beaten path to Treeline, a small town at the outskirts of the forest.
>You Sigh.
"I just can't believe this crap."
>Sombra rolls his eyes, faking a tone of concern. "Yes, yes, it's a travesty."
"How could I let myself get duped?!"
>"Are you quite done complaining?" North Star grumbles.
"No." You say. "Oh, come on. That was pretty underhooved, especially for a princess. I mean, look at this thing!"
>You levitate the item that you requested of the Sisters as a prize for being the new Spring Champion. It was a HUGE gem, similar in cut to a marquise, but more angular. It was blue as the sky on the brightest and sunniest of days, radiating with great magical power.
>The Element of Loyalty, as the Sisters called it.
"It's absolutely priceless!" You wail. "And I can't sell it!"
>"Perhaps the princesses wanted to teach you a valuable lesson about greed." North Star suggested with just a tinge of smugness.
>The only lesson you learned was to be more specific when requesting things of alicorns.
"Ah, it doesn't matter anyway. They still gave us a healthy sum of gold. 2,962 bits to be exact! Oh what fun we're going to have..."
>Strawberry cleared her throat. "About that."
"Hm?"
>"You are going to share, right?"

Are you?
>Of course! We all earned it together.
>Only with you because I trust you, and North because she saved my skin. This wizard guy that's following us can kick rocks.
>Only with you. I don't trust these two guys.
>I'll be the keeper of the wealth and dole it out to everypony as necessary. Wouldn't want anyone going on a spending spree.
>Nope. It's mine.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29942179
>expecting us to give up the loot
I don't know... maybe if you all asked nicely. Give anyone who asks a single bit as a joke.

In all seriousness, I'll rather we hold on to the shiny coins. If they wanna get something and need bits, they can always ask us then.
>>
Oh, also, Pocket leveled up. I've decided that this feat business is too much of a pain in the ass, so we're going to do an ability score improvement.

So, which stats do we up?
>>
>>29942600
Don't know whether to up Cha or Int, I guess go for Charisma?
Other players would have a better idea, you should wait for their votes.
>>
>>29942431
This
>>29942600
Oh yeah we did level up. Dexterity might not be bad to pick up.
>>
>>29942712
We can up CHA to +3 and INT to +4 with one point in each.
>>
>>29942738
That works.
Really dumb question, but are the numbers in our stats our base stats? Like, our current Int is 17+3? Or is it 14 base plus 3 modifier?
>>
>>29942778
The modifier is determined by the number.

For example, a 9 in INT would mean we get -1 on all rolls involving INT. Inversely, a 20 in INT would mean we get +4 to all rolls involving INT.

Also, gonna go CHA+INT unless anyone objects.
>>
>>29942795
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for explaining.
>>
>>29942795
Nah that sounds good.
>>
>>29942795
+5 to all rolls*

Also, continuing on
>>29942179
>>29942431

"Well," you say, slipping that confounded gem back into your saddlebags "yes and no. This money's for the group, yeah, but I think it'd be better if we, you know, had a sort of "banker" in case any one of us has any bad spending habits. I'll hang one to it, just come to me if you need something."
>You could hear North Star, walking a ways behind you, quietly scoff. "The lover of gold wants to horde it all. Color me surprised. Would it not be better if we all took an equal portion? Divided four ways, you wouldn't need to worry about tracking it, and we wouldn't need to worry about who takes how much."
>"That's sounds fair." Sombra agreed. "It would also not be an all-or-nothing situation should one of us be robbed blind."

Disagreement. Wat do?
>Argue. I can hold my coin as good as anypony dammit!
>Go with what the casters want.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29942881
Slowly caress the (coin) sack
B-but muh shinies.... How cruel of you all, to separate us from our one true love!

Fine... we'll split the gold.
>>
>>29942881
Well shit that's actually a valid argument. We can split some of the money, but we should keep the majority if we can.
>>
>>29942881
>>29942939
>>29942964

>You levitate the nice sack of golden jinglies, gently rubbing them to your face as if they were a soft little kitten.
>You frown, fighting back tears.
"All right, that seems fair. We'll divide it when we get to town."

>Treeline.
>You didn't know much about the place, but a town is a town. Usually equipped with smiths, general goods vendors, inns and the like.
>You were finally free of the overhanging gloom of the Everfree as you trot the beaten path into town.
>The houses there were primarily built from wood, with straw roofing and clay chimneys. It wasn't the fanciest compared to the castle, but it was adequate.
>You stroll into the center of town, where a small patch of carefully-tended roses surrounded a sizable, yet crude statue of who you could only guess to be one of the Sisters.
>You finally had some time to yourself. Celestia had said that there was no hurry for your quest. The Elements have been missing for at least a year now, according to them. A few months more certainly wouldn't make things worse.

So, what do you wanna do?
>>
>>29943235
I suppose we should find an inn first, where we can discuss our next course of action in a relatively private location.
Once we have a plan, we can prepare for the adventure.
>>
>>29943235
>alicorn Sisters won't let us use some of their weapons
Ok. Ok. I see how it is. Its not like they need to invest in the adventuring party that doing all the grunt work. And if they fail they may loose the Element of Loyalty and doom the realm. NOT LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE REPLACED OUR BROKE BOW. NOPE. I'M OK WITH THIS!
>Celestia had said that there was no hurry for your quest.
That's a blantent lie. Which one of them was supposed to be truth again?
Whatever. Just mean we shouldn't relax for too long. The gem is supposed to have some magic attributes right? Anyway we can use it?
What tine is it? Let's look around for an Inn.
>>
>>29943235
>>29943256
Inn it is

>>29943586
> Its not like they need to invest in the adventuring party that doing all the grunt work.
I should clarify: The Element was your reward for the tournament. Almost 3k in cash was just for saying yes to their proposal. And for four Lv4 characters, that's a sizable wad of dough.

"Well I suppose we should find a place to bunk for the night." You say, idly looking up the statue. "The Sisters fed us well, but I wouldn't mind some breakfast."
>"I guess we can drop some of our stuff off, if the rooms have lockboxes." Strawberry says. "Not like my bag is heavy, but you look like your knees might give out.
>You shoot Fields a sour look.
"Har har."

>After a bit of wandering, you find the inn. A weathered building, built from cobblestone rather than wood. One of the largest in town, and one of the only ones with two floors.
>You're greeted at the door by a blast of warm air radiating from the low-burning fireplace at the end of the room. A single mare sits at one of the oaken tables, reading a book. She gives the four of you a glance than goes back to her reading.
>"Mornin'. Menus are on the table if you're hungry."
"Thanks," you say "what do you run for rooms?"
>"Five silver bits a night for a normal room. Eight if you want the good one." she says in a bored tone.

What's next?
>Rent a normal room for yourself.
>Rent the good room.
>Think about it over breakfast.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29943986
Oh, after splitting the cash, your party has 740g each, and you have 848g from your starting wealth.
>>
>>29943986
What's the difference? Anyway a normal room should be fine.
>>
>>29943986
>>29944197
>You, Sombra, and North all rent a normal room while Strawberry helps herself to the "good" one.
>You all check out your respective rooms. Comfortable, but nothing to write home about. You deposit your heavier things into the chest provided, but make absolutely sure that the Element is in your possession.
>This hunk of rock. So important, so mind-blowingly valuable, yet so useless. You don't know how to activate it, you don't even know what it does! Maybe Sombra will have an idea.
>Hm. There's likely to be little trouble in town. Ponies walking around armed to the teeth isn't a comforting sight to the locals.

What to do...?
>Keep your full kit on you. This place is too close to the site of the massacre for your comfort.
>Oh, you're just being paranoid. This place is perfectly tame. Leave everything here.
>Maybe just keeping your armor and concealed dagger on you won't hurt.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29944276
I see no reason to not have our full set on. Especially if we're gonna keep the element with us.
>>
File: The Cosmology.png (32KB, 1579x873px) Image search: [Google]
The Cosmology.png
32KB, 1579x873px
>>29944276
>>29944340
Will be last post. Resuming in the morning
>Yeah, definitely not paranoia. You're carrying a very important, very magical artifact. You're gonna need more than a dagger.
>You keep your kit on, heading downstairs. The other three had gathered around a table and poured some pitcher wine. The left a nice, full glass for you.
>You take your seat and sip from your mug of pitcher wine. Sombra had spread out a sheet of parchment and was doodling on it as he rambled.
>"...as you can plainly tell these places are separate." He said. "Only magic may take you there. I don't know a single spell that would transport somepony to another realm of existence, but that's the fun, isn't it? It's theorized that there exists a sort of "locality" to these planes. See how Equestria touches all four seasonal planes and both heavenly planes? It is theorized that only the planes that touch eachother can be traveled to from there. So, if we went to the Plane of Winter, we can't travel to the Plane of Summer or Day, see?"
>"But what exists outside the planes on this map?" North asks.
>Sombra draws an even bigger circle around the cluster of shapes that represent the planes.
>"It is what scholars call "Limbo". A realm of pure chaos. Theorized to be the home plane of Discord himself. And beyond that? I have no idea."
>"Ugh, this is all so wierd." Strawberry groans.
>"The world seems a whole lot bigger than it used to be..." North Star says. "So, where do we start?"
>"Well, Celestia did say that the Elements were split upon all four seasonal planes. FAR from convenient." Sombra mused.
>"Ideas, Pocket?" Sombra asks you. "You're quite an intelligent individual."

Where do you wanna start?
>I never minded the cold. Winter.
>I could use some sun. Summer.
>I am the SPRING Champion after all.
>Autumn. The trees there are probably pretty.
>Let's go grab the one Discord nabbed.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29944469
Wow, I totally overused the word "theorized". Writing foul. More proofreading required.
>>
>>29944469
>"Ideas, Pocket?" Sombra asks you. "You're quite an intelligent individual."
Geez. Where can we even start? Its not like these localities have signs on them. If only.......
Well, these elements. Honesty, Magic, Laughter, and Generosity. Think these localities, bridges, portals or whatever you want to call them will have an effect on the surrounding?

I know there's no need to tell you guys this, but let's keep all this to ourselves if we can help it.

You guys mind if I go have a chitchat with the mare sitting at the lone table reading the book? I'm gonna go ask her a few questions about this, quaint town.
>>
>>29944469
Where do you wanna start?
>I never minded the cold. Winter.
>I could use some sun. Summer.
>I am the SPRING Champion after all.
>Autumn. The trees there are probably pretty.
>Let's go grab the one Discord nabbed.
>Other (Specify)
Hell if I know. We'll go with whatever pops up.
>>
>>29944469
Roll to seduce the mare reading the book.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ
What skill would you use for seduction? And what was modified from the leveling again?
>>
>>29945103
Persuassion. Your CHA is on par with your DEX now. And your INT is the highest of them all.
>>
>>29942795
You mean a 20 in INT would give a +5 to rolls that use that modifier? It's (rounded down ((Attribute - 10) / 2)). 30 would be a +10, a 1 would be a -5.
>>
>>29944469
Did we see any other patrons on our way down? I wouldn't want anyone eavesdropping on us.
With Pocket being theweave, fellow that he is, he should know how to be discrete without showing he's looking around. If that made any sense.

Can we ask the mare at the table what's up in this Town? Any places to visit, places to avoid, merchants, blacksmiths, guilds, bulletin boards, churches / temples, bordelloes.
Ask her if there have been any anomalies around these parts because we're looking for loot to make some bits.

-me suggesting Pocket ask about the places to avoid: he's a rogue so he'd fit right in. He might even find some work to make a quick bit.

-asking about weird things happening: a way to find clues to these anomalies that bridges to other planes.
>>
>>29945813
Woops. I missed the post where you corrected yourself. My bad.
>>
>>
>>29945869
ROLLING!
>>
File: 1480595019550.jpg (35KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480595019550.jpg
35KB, 480x480px
Will make the next post in an hour or two. Give me a sec to roll out of bed and walk to the rec center.
>>
File: Pocket's Character Sheet.png (471KB, 1640x1646px) Image search: [Google]
Pocket's Character Sheet.png
471KB, 1640x1646px
Updated Sheet

>>29944469

Going with a combo of >>29945103 and >>29945869

You shrug. "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it. Perhaps the middle of a drink hall is not the best place to discuss this."
>"Celestia didn't say that this mission was secret." Berry thought aloud. "But whatever you say. You're the smart one, Pockey."
>Everypony finished their wine and Sombra rolled up his crude map.
>"I'm going shopping!" Berry announced, slipping off of her chair and trotting for the door. "I'll be back around here tonight."
>"I'll be browsing about the town as well." North said, following after Berry.
>"Perhaps there is a magic shop nearby?" Sombra said to himself, taking off too.
>You nod. After everypony filed out of the in, you glace around. There didn't seem to be anypony but the inn keeper about this early in the morning, but the walls didn't seem that thick here.
>You weren't exactly keen on the whole town knowing you were on a grand quest from the Sisters themselves.
>You turn your attention on the mare with the book. She was an earth pony, a little older than you, with a khaki-colored coat and a light brown mane, sporting a cutie mark of a foamy mug of ale.
>You slick your hair back and put on a cocky face.
"Heelllooo, miss!" You say in a suave tone. "You're up quite early. I never caught your name."
>She glanced up, trying to force back a shy smile. She cleared her throat, feigning a tone of impartiality.
>"Stiff Drink, yours?"
"Pocket Knife."
>"That's quite a dangerous name."
"I could say the same for you."
>This time, she couldn't hide a giggle.
DM's Note: 16 CHA was a mistake
"Would you mind keeping what you heard on the down-low? I understand we threw around quite a few interesting names and terms, and wouldn't want rumors to spread."
>She nods. "I hear all kinds of things here. Your secret's safe with me."
"Fantastic! Now, can you tell me of any places that would be of interest to a stallion of the road such as myself?"
cont.
>>
>>29947894
>She tapped her chin, humming.
>"Well, we don't have anypony that sells armor and weapons outright, if that's what you're after. There's Bellows' shop, but he's more into making horseshoes and door hinges and the like. He makes and mends things for the castle guards occasionally. Your grey friend talked about a magic shop? We've got that gryphon peddler hanging around town. Oh, what was his name? Goldberg, I think. He sells all kinds of things, can't miss his wagon. We also have Toadleaf, our doctor. Well, he's not a doctor, more of a herbalist I guess? Anyway, he's usually a bit outside town. There's also the general store, run by Clay Pot, nothing exciting, just useful stuff."
You give her a smile, nodding. "Thanks, this really helped a lot."

So, what's next?
>>
>>29947945
I want to go to bellows and see if he can make a helmet. Goldberg could also be interesting.
>>
>>29947945
Anything strange happen lately? If not we should thank the pretty mare for the information and stock up on a few things in town.
>>
>>29947945
>>29948137
"Oh, and one more thing."
>"Hm?"
"Has there been any strange goings-on lately?"
>"Well, I'm sure you know about the, uh- well..."
"Yesterday?"
>"Y-yeah."
"I know."
>Oh boy, did you know about that.
>"Well, before it happened, we had the big business rush like we do ever year since we're so close to the tournament. Some of the ponies were acting weird. Asking about the local wildlife. Especially Pogres. I told them that the watch sees them come out of the forest, but we haven't had an attack since I was a foal."

Anything more to say?
>>
>>29948249
Thank you for the information. Though it pains me to part from such beautiful company I should probably catch up with the rest of my party.

Now's a good time to stock up on supplies I guess. Maybe get a new bow as well, and obviously we should let the party know what we just found out at some point.
>>
>>29948249
Any work that needs to be done around town?
>>
>>29948249
Oi. The bonus to Charisma was definetly not a mistake. Don't take that away from us please!

Thanks. I'm glad to have the opportunity to have a conversation with a lovely mare such as yourself. And would mind telling me when you will stop serving food for the day?

Do we still have our broken bow, and does anyone remember if what apoured, is?
>>
>>29948249
>>29948303
>Allrighty, let's see. A smith, a herbalist, a general goods vendor, and a gryphon peddler.
>You start at the general goods vendor. The town is small and the inhabitants are helpful enough to help you find the place. It was a medium-sized building crammed to the brim with all sorts of things that may or may not be classified as junk.
>Luckily, he stocked a new shortbow and plenty of arrows to set you back up after you broke your last one over the head of Sombra. It ran you 25 bits for the bow and one more for a bundle of arrows. You also grabbed yourself two bars of wholesale soap. One for maintaining your charm, one for doing some slightly illegal things that involve keys. That ran you a bit. He also threw in a signaling read:rape whistle with the soap in case it ended up being a little TOO effective.
>Nothing much else there interested you. You thanked the stallion and parted with 27 bits.
>You passed the peddler's setup on your way out. It was a small cart, brightly painted in reds and blues and made to open up into a merchant's stall. An elderly gryphon was leaning up against it, chatting with Sombra, who it seems had made hiw way there.
>"Mister Goldbird!" Sombra said. "You had just said that this scroll was a hundred bits even! Why in Celestia's blessed name are you now demanding one hundred and fifty?!"
>"Inflation." The gruff bird said. "That, and you wizard types get more mileage out of it than just Joe Schmo the commoner. Just call it a spellcaster tax."
>"Taxes are enacted by a valid governing body, not by a private merchant." Sombra said in a flat tone.
>"Lookit ya with your technicalities. If I didn't know better, I'da mistaken you for a lawyer."
>>
>>29949294
The gryphon doesn't seem to accommodating. Wat do?
>Help Sombra out. Talk that old crow out of his "tax."
>That old feather should mind his manners. Give him a scare.
>Persuade Sombra to pay the price. Scrolls are useful tools, and we've got plenty of dough.
>Ignore the argument. See what else he has to offer.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29949305
Help out I guess. How are you sure that the scroll is legit? If this gryphon is a fake we're leaving.
Dude. Does anyone actually buy your wares? Would any commoner throw a hundred golden bits at a piece of paper they wouldn't know how-to use in the first place?
>>
>>29949305
What exactly is this scroll? Can Mr. Gildbird verify the legitimacy of the scroll? Can he make duplicates? And why do you want it Sombra?

Pocket puts the Pocket in Pocket protector. We can out jew this guy.
>>
>>29949305
Bri this old griffin is crazy. If he's gonna charge 150 he better say so, not increase it.
Man we should complain about this and spread the word that he has shitty prices....ok I'm kind of kidding. That would be very mean and would ruin business for him in this town.
>>
>>29949622
>You give a mental shrug.
"May I see that?" You ask. Without waiting for an answer you levitate the scroll and unfurl it. You know your magic items, and by the looks of it, you can tell it's real. Nothing too powerful, just a spell called "Color Spray".
>You hand it back to the merchant.
"Now let's be fair here. You advertised a hundred, charge my friend here a hundred."
>The gryphon chuckles.
>"Look, I ain't runnin' no charity. Times are tough, guy. Gryphonstone's fallin' on hard times don'tcha know? One fiddy or kick rocks."
>No dice.
>"Lookey here, you look like a pair a smart folks. I let you have a gander at something from my private stash. A tonic that'll make ya strong as a giant. Real magic! Tree-hundred bits. Whadda'ya say?"
>He pulls a clear vial of fizzy liquid, slightly glowing with what floating bits of you don't know what. It looks magical from a glance, but you'd need to inspect it further to know for sure.

Wat do?
>This guy's a sleazeball. Ignore the happy merchant and leave.
>I ain't done yet! Keep haggling for that damn scroll.
>Strength of giants, eh? Entertain the idea of a magic potion.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29949881
The heck would Sombra want with a scroll called "Color Spray?" Paint a house? Kidding. I know what it does. Does the griffin mind if we have a minute to appraise the potion?
>Help Action?
And would he care to share what's been happening to Gryphonstone and why it's been falling on hard times? Bad trade agreement with another nation? Bad ruler? Attackers?
>>
>>29949881
>Gryphon has side quest when?
>>
>>29949881
The Strength potion is tempting. Could fuck Strawberry silly with that.
>>
>>29950023
Or give it to Strawberry and have her just flatten anything in our way at some point.
>>
File: shiny.png (878KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
shiny.png
878KB, 1000x563px
>>29949987
It was a season five episode. The Jew- I mean Gryphons lost a magic artifact that gave them good luck or someshit.
>>
File: 1492608510418.jpg (1MB, 3724x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1492608510418.jpg
1MB, 3724x1283px
Okay, guys. By the looks of things, I can make a few more posts later on tomorrow. It feels amazing having free time again.
>>
>>29950032
Maybe Anon, but I'm thinking about Margins anon. It would be the "most effective" if given to someone with low STR. Do you know how the Strength potions in 5E work?
>>
>>29950450
They don't increase it, just modify it.

In 3.PF, a potion would, for example, add +4 to your existing STR. So someone with 20STR would be 24. In 5e, someone drinking a potion would modify it to a set value, like 21. So someone with 20STR would just go up one point, which doesn't change the modifier.
>>
>>29950508
Who would you give the Strength potion that modifies the Strength attribute to 22? Someone with a 20 in strength or a 10 in strength?
Someone with a
>>
>>29950603
Well shit. I haven't messed around with 5e all that much so that's nice to know, I guess.
>>
>>29950976
Mhmm.
>>
>>29950311
Hurray!
>>
>>29950012
>side quest for a choice of the magical loot when?
>>
>>29949881
So how does someone like you come across all of this magical items? You make your own goods? Trading? Adventuring?
>>
File: 1490092422984.png (147KB, 449x623px) Image search: [Google]
1490092422984.png
147KB, 449x623px
>>29942600
>>29946511
>>29948799
>>29950311
>>29951377
>>29951388
Checking these dubs.
>>
Added the Age of Strife to Anonpone:
https://www.anonpone.com/strife/
>>
>>29952933
Thanks!
>>
>>29949881
I think it's time we trick this old geezer. Offer to sell the loyalty stone, but unfortunately annoying merchants get a 1000 bit tax along with the price. Say that we may be willing to part with it for 200 bits if he gives us the scroll for 50. After we buy the scroll say that we changed our mind and will be keeping the loyalty stone.
>>
>>29949881
Please ignore this guy. We are NOT selling the element of Loyalty to this stranger. This anon is terrible with negotiation.
>>29954544
>>
>>29954544
>Offer to sell the loyalty stone, but unfortunately annoying merchants get a 1000 bit tax along with the price.
I've never heard of this as a magic item in the 5e list. Oh! You want to make a bluff. That's a terrible bluff by the way. For one, what if he wants to keep the stone? Are you willing to beat up an old gryphon for it? Two, what if he keeps it? It's a priceless magical artifact. He could make thousands more off of it if he gets it appraised by a high tier mage. Three, if he can't get it appraised it's only as valuable as a shiny gem. That could go for a few bits to a few hundred. Four, someone this shred could probably call a bluff. He is a gryphon after all. Five, your idea is shit.
>>
>>29949881
What are the conditions of Pocket's horse shoes? Those are like the pony equivalent of shoes or something?
>>
>>29949881
Ignore him and leave.
>>
>>29949881
A strength potion would come in handy. If it's fake then we get a side quest to get our money back. If it's the real deal then awesome.
>>
>>29956144
Hey he might have something we could use. No harm in looking
>>
File: 34614.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
34614.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>
>>29950311
What happened man? I thought you said you would post something?
>>
>>29960135
I highly underestimated the amount of time it would take to check back into my workshop.
>>
>>29961406
Ok dude. Do you have a guestimate of when you can post again?
>>
>>29961406
Are you lazy or something?
>>
>>29961543
Tommorow night and the rest of Saturday. If this thread dies, I'll make another.

>>29962128
Yes. Yes I am.
>>
>>29962823
Really?
>>
What if we seduce the gryphon?
>>
>>29964614
Uh....no?
>>
>>29965707
That's not a good enough reason, so I'll say yes.
>>
>>29964614
This can only end in hilarity, seconded.
>>
>>29962823
Can we roll to seduce the QM?
>>
>>29967051
I imagine a roll like that would be pretty hard to succeed.
inb4 nat 20
>>
>>29967768
Nat 21
>>
>>29968014
....wat.
Oh jeez. What do we say?
Since the beginning of your quest, I've been enjoying every moment of it. Session by session, post by post. Maybe it's because of my love of tabletop games or the way you narrate, but I'm always looking forward to the next time you post.

Also, eh bb wan some fuk?
>>
>>29968014
Lemme smash
>>
>>29968014
Whats your time do I know when it's considered "night" for you?
>>
>>29968236
Eastern Burger Time. It's almost 2:00 for me right now.
>>
>>29968809
>>
>>29949881
We're showing intrest in the potion, so I'll go with that.

"All right, let's have a look at it." you say "But no funny buisness. What's the asking price?"
>The gryphon nods vigorously. You can't tell by his beak, but it looks like he was grinning ear to ear. "Four hundred!" he exclaims.
>You roll your eyes.
"Two-fifty or no deal. Oh, and I'll have to inspect the goods beforehoof."
>He opened his beak to speak, but the merchant's words fell. "Fine."
"Much appreciated."
>You grab the bottle with your telekenesis and uncork it. You take a sip, rolling the bitter solution around in your mouth. You knew your loot, and this stuff was the real deal.
>Satisfied, you count out the agreed upon price and part ways. Sombra ultimately leaves without the scroll, muttering curses at the merchant.
>"Happy hunting, goys!"

So, what's next?

Only enough time for one post tonight. Had a manditoty command function. Wrote this with a phone on a toilet. Can answer questions periodically.
>>
>>29969835
Cheer up Sombra. We'll find you a better doo dad in the next town over. Were you going to buy that scroll for 150 if we weren't here?
>>
>>29969835
>Wrote this with a phone on a toilet.
Best time to get some posts in is on the toilet, on walks or waiting in line.

Can we roll Perception or Investigation to keep an ear to the ground for any interesting tid bits of information?

You said you should have some free time on Saturday to post yeah?
>>
>>29969916
Yes. No lies this time. I've fucking marched through thunderstorms to do this bullshit.
>>
>>29969835
The stuff should last an hour, and we took a wee little sip. We have a good minute, give or take a few minutes of fire it's effects wear off. Can we try lifting Sombra to test it's effectiveness?
>>
>>29969952
Be careful. It's awesome that you can get some posts in, but I don't want you to wreck yourself in the process.
>>
>>29969835
Where should we go now Sombra ol buddy oh pal? Wanna hit up the herbalist that's just out of town (Toadleaf)? Or do you want to check out the general store (Clay Pot)? Personally i'd like to check out the general store then maybe pay a visit to the local blacksmith (Bellow) too see if anything strikes my fancy or if I could commission a thing or two. (Or even a fourth option?)

For the general store i think we could get some rope, dried rations, and water. I'm thinking we could get some deal off of a group purchase. That is if buying all this food and water is nessasary when ponies could just graze on plants, flowers, and grass.

From the blacksmith I'm thinking a grappling hook, maybe some horseshoe cleaning or repairs, and maybe boots? (Would steel hooves shoes help through difficult terrain?)

I don't know much about the herbalist. Maybe some potions or some cough drops. Some herbal tea would be fantastic.
>>
>>29970365
>>
>>29970964
>>
File: bump.png (736KB, 1388x778px) Image search: [Google]
bump.png
736KB, 1388x778px
>>
>>29972801
>>
What a lot of fun.
>>
File: Covered wagon.jpg (223KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Covered wagon.jpg
223KB, 700x700px
>>29969835
>>29970365
Going with this (mostly)

>Still grumbling something about a "hick town", you and Sombra make your way to the blacksmith. Bellows was his name, you remember.
>On your way through town, you see Berry strolling around, balancing a chest almost as big as she was on her back.
>Curious, you wave to get her attention. She comes bouncing toward you, completely unaffected by the heavy oak chest.
"You weren't kidding when you said you were doing some shopping."
>"Yeah," she says "I figured we need something to keep our spoils in. Got a good deal on a high-quality lock from the smith. But uh..."
>She slips the chest off of her back, breathing a sigh of relief.
>"...I can't carry it all the time. Hey, can you help me out? I was thinking of buying a cart or a wagon or something, but I wanted your input. Come on, there's a cart dealer over there."
>You follow Strawberry out to a house with a fenced-off area containing about a dozen or so carts and wagons of different size.
>A bright green unicorn stallion idling in a rocking chair out front immediately perks up and makes a beeline for you.
>"Good morning! I'm Wheelie Wagon, your humble seller of Treeline's finest carts! Yes sir, these things will last longer than you do!"
>You snort and roll your eyes. Let's see these things last longer than Fields.
"I guess we're looking for a cart."
>"Excellent!"
>This guy was oddly cheery.
>He ushers you into the fenced off area.
>Inside is a decent selection. You eyeball them while Wheelie jabbers on about their quality.

You've got a few models to choose from.
>A 4-pony traveling carriage with room on top for luggage, can be pulled by one or two.
>A simple cart, room enough for Berry's chest, but no passengers.
>A large covered wagon, room enough for all of you, the chest, and then some. Has to be pulled by two or more.
>Nah, I don't think we need a wagon.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29974332
Ask Wheelie what sort of wagon he would recommend for a travelling party of four that wouldn't be too pricey?
See what Fields think would be best, it's mostly for her chest after all.
I'll rather not get anything too big that'll hinder mobility and make us an easy target to bandits.
>>
>>29974332
Well. We are going to have a larger party in the future. But it would be nice to know the prices for all of those.

Keep an eye out for rust, cracks, rot, mold and other kinds of damage.
>>
>>29974332
>>29974398
>>29974696
Look at what I found. I don't have access to my computer to I tried looking up carts.
http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Mounts_and_Vehicles
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Custom_Carts_(5e_Equipment)
https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Mounts%20and%20Vehicles#content
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Mounts_and_Vehicles
>>
Playing with prices a little to fit the setting
>>29974332
>>29974696
>You inspect the few good ones you were considering.
>Most of the new ones look like they've only been taken out a few times, and the used ones are well kept-for, if a bit more "rustic".
"So I'm going to ask the million-bit question. How much for what?"
>"Well, that carriage you like is going to run you a hundred bits. The cart I can give to you for thirty, and the big wagon will be two hundred at least. I can be a bit more lenient on the used ones, though."
>>
>>29975166
Ask if he does rentals.
Now in this day and age, rentals may be possible if there are enchanted carts or by the good will of the people. Can we convince him that we're good for it as the Spring champion?
>>
>>29975503
Why rentals? Wouldn't we save more in the end if we buy one? Plus, where are we gonna store our stuff once we return the cart?
>>
>>29975166
Ask Sombra and Strawberry what they think we should get. A used or barely used one?

I know Pocket and Fields are good for sleeping in tents, but sometimes that can suck.

I'm not sure if Sombra's frail and supple wizardry body can handle a tent. And I'm not sure about North Star's preference either.

I'm leaning towards the big wagon since it could fit us, our baggage, and all our future dank loot. We'll need to inspect the "rustic" bug wagons though. (Perception?) And may haps Pocket can roll a persuasion to modify the pricing. We will also need Norths opinion.

So uhm...we gonna spit the prices four ways? I feel uncomfortable buy anything then asking North for the money.
>>
File: tumblr_o47xutMiUR1v034ixo1_500.gif (715KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o47xutMiUR1v034ixo1_500.gif
715KB, 500x281px
>>29975166
Can we get a bag full of sand later today?
>>
>>29975736
...point made. And there's the possibility we won't get back around these parts for a long while.
>>
>>29975166
Define Rustic. You mean literally?
>>
>>29975989
Beat up, but working.

As the DM, you've already made the investigation roll. He's not ripping you off, everything is in working condition.
>>
>>29976120
If its not prone to breaking down, there aren't any holes in the canvas, no mold or rot, no extreme rust, then I'm leaning a smidgen towards used. But I still want the others opinion.
>>
>>29976120
Roll seduction on the GM.

Dwarfbeard lemme smash.

I got blue.
>>
>>29975166
Let's see if we can't get a used carriage, as well as split the bill.
>>
>>29976743
Can or can't?
>>
>>29976761
Can* fuck I'm still drunk from last night
>>
>>29976768
Get some coffee.
>>
>>29975166
>>29976743
Used carriage it is

"What do you think about a used carriage, guys?"
>"It's certainly better than walking!" Sombra exclaims.
>"It doesn't look too heavy to me." Strawberry says, "I bet you could pull it too if you had a bit more protein in your life."
"Well, it's settled." You clear your throat. "Forty-five for a used carriage."
>"Wagon nods, pursing his lips a bit. "That's about right for one of those. It's a deal!"

>...

>Later on, you find yourself at the blacksmith. Bellows was a wry, gruff sort of pony. His shop was adorned with all manner of metalworking knickknacks. None of them, however, were weapons.
>"I ain't makin' nopony no tools of war!" The soot-stained earth pony growled. "Not after yesterday!"
>"But mister Bellows, we're not bad ponies!" Strawberry pleaded. "I'm looking for stuff to save Equestria from ponies like that, not the other way around!"
>"Ah don' care! I ain't contributin' my works to more murder! Now order somethin that ain't used for killin', or I'll ban you from my shop ferever! Just lookit' ya, armed to the teeth in a small town like this. Y'all don't need anymore weapons."

Looks like the shopkeeper has a case of chronic pacifism. Wat do?
>Convince him you're not the bad guy. You need arms to defend Equestria!
>Get what you need and leave the shop. He doesn't look to be in a good mood.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29977009
What? Dammit I wanted the big wagon. We're gonna get more people in the future.
>>
>>29977009
>convince him. Is Spring Champion worth anything?
>>
>>29977009
>From the blacksmith I'm thinking a grappling hook, maybe some horseshoe cleaning or repairs, and maybe boots? (Would steel hooves shoes help through difficult terrain?)
>>
>>29977009
Quick Strawberry! Seduce him with your feminine willies! No? Fine I'll do it.
>>
I wonder who would look better in lingerie. Pocket, Field, Sombra or North.
>>
>>29977009
No one tells the Spring Champion no!

>Not looking good.
>You clear your throat and give Berry the "watch this I'm gonna wreck it" look. She rolls her eyes, smiling.
"Mister Bellows," you say "Would you perhaps make an exception for the Spring Champion?"
>He scoffs. "No! Every year whoever wins just strolls into town thinking they'll get praised for some stupid tournament. You already got yer favor from the Sisters, you won't be gettin' any from me!"
>Uh oh.
>Well, you tried. You politely shut up and buy what you intended to buy. A grappling hook, finely crafted. He doesn't offer much. Berry bought a few things. A pick and shovel, a couple sets of manacles (Celsestia knows who you needed to keep in those) and a... portable ram? What is she thinking?

Out to lunch. Continuing in a bit.
>The smith gives you an evil eye as you leave his shop.
>>
>>29977221
North, no question about it.
>>
>>29977270
Pocket: Man what a dick?

Strawberry: What's a Man?
>>
>>29977283
We should also flip him off with our mage hand
>>
>>29977283
As appealing as that may be, he probably would ban us from shopping if we did that.
>>
>>29977299
Woops. It was supposed to quote this >>29977290
>>
>>29977221
We can have a contest! The next party member to join us can be the judge.
>>
File: Inventory.png (32KB, 747x470px) Image search: [Google]
Inventory.png
32KB, 747x470px
>>29977270
>Celestia's sun is on the verge on kissing the tops of the trees as you all find your ways back to the inn.
>After all is said and done for the day, the four of you gather outside with your shiny used carriage parked outside and pool your hauls into Berry's chest. You all agree that the chest is a safer place to store your gold, so you lock the loot into it.
>"It seems rather, ah, broken in?" North Star commented. "You couldn't get anything a bit newer?"
"A new broom may sweep the floor, but an old broom knows the corners." you reply.
>"Pocket's really cheap." Berry says, her voice as plain as a brick wall.
"That too."
>"Anyway, looks like it could use a new coat of paint." North mused. "Maybe tomorrow we could slap a few coats on."
>"I'm a decent painter Sombra says. "Perhaps I might add some details if you're interested."
>Berry snickers. "You don't seem like the artsy type to me."
>"Perhaps not, but I enjoyed painting quite a bit back in the Empire. It helps me think."
>Fields shrugs. "That sounds like fun, I can help! Oh, and while we're at it, let's give it a name. Calling it "the carriage" sounds so droll."
"Well what are we gonna call it?"
>"The Pathfinder." Sombra suggests.
>North makes a face like she had just tasted sour milk. "That sounds terrible. How about..."The Intrepid"? we could give it a nice white and blue paintjob."
>Berry hummed thoughtfully. "Let's name it, "The Destroyer" and paint skulls and battleaxes all over it!"
>North snorts mirthfully. "Yeah, totally not edgy at all."

So, you've got a boring wagon to turn into a cool personalized wagon. How do you want to paint it? What do you want to call it?
>>
>>29977642
I think we can have more string, bells, and and pitons.
>>
>>29977642
The wagon should probably be as plain as possible to avoid unwanted attention. The Intrepid isn't a bad name.
>>
>>29977752
>bells
No, that would attract potentially unwanted attention while travelling.
>>
>>29977784
It's for setting up a basic alarm system dumb dumb. What else would we even do with the bells? Were you thinking we'd put them on the carriage?

Wow. I can't believe this. My sides.
>>
>>29977642
Coin flip on who gets to paint? Or maybe you two can work something out between yourselves?

A name? I'm thinking the Band Wagon.
>>
File: pussywagon.jpg (279KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
pussywagon.jpg
279KB, 600x453px
>>29977642
Paint it pink and yellow and call it "The Pussywagon"
>>
I'm going to wrap this segment of the story up tomorrow so we can move along with the plot.

Next week I'll be on a five-day training exercise where I will probably be flogged if I'm seen with my phone out, so come about Tuesday there won't be a new thread until the weekend.
>>
>>29978522
Ok
>>
>>29979550
>>
>>29980558
>>
>10
>>
>>29982469
>>
Let it die.
>>
>>29986395
Are you sure?
>>
File: Let-it-Die.jpg (38KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Let-it-Die.jpg
38KB, 600x338px
>>29986395
>>
>>29986395
>>
>>29986395
>>
File: Let-It-Die-One-Million-DLs.jpg (40KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Let-It-Die-One-Million-DLs.jpg
40KB, 600x338px
>>29986395
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.