[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Humans vs Equestrians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: full (1).png (880KB, 928x700px) Image search: [Google]
full (1).png
880KB, 928x700px
Who would win in a war, equestria or a modern day super power?
If equestria was conquered by a modern day super power would they resist?

Opinions and why.
in case you're a retared gook, a super power is one of the top 10 nations on earth
>>
>>29941391
reminder to also filter 'large', 'medium', and 'maxresdefault'
>>
>>29941391
Unicorn's only have like five powers tops according to that trixie episode, and those powers are based on their occupation. Plus the equestrian military in general is pretty retarded.
I'm gonna say they'd get butt fucked by russia, france hell even north korea Probally.
They lack discipline and any real will power.
>>
>>29941396
Reminder to make fun of fags like this poster.
He's a virgin and will never touch a vagina. This is because he hates fun.
>>
>>29941410
Virgins? On 4chan?!

Whaaat?
>>
>>29941391
I cannot imagine a country going to war with Equestria. We would want to trade and build lots of McDonalds instead.

Even in the case of a total and absolute war for the lulz, no way to tell. A modern Earth country has lots more resources to mobilize, but Equestria could just pull out a mcguffin, travel back in time, unleash Discord, etc.
>>
>>29941561
Oh yea they can time travel. Or at least only a few of them can.
If that happens they have all the time in the world to find a diplomatic solution. Must be why they don't have many wars in the first place.
Wars always the last resort.
However i think that involves alternate time lines so that would mean the world left behind is still screwed.
>>
it goes in
>>29941391
top 10 nations in what?
>>
>>29941606
Power, preferably military, political, and economic. Which honestly translates to military.
>>
>>29941624
That's bullshit North Korea has the largest military in the world but isn't even close to top 10 economically.
>>
File: 1489636670755.gif (1021KB, 340x218px) Image search: [Google]
1489636670755.gif
1021KB, 340x218px
>>29941391
The show has absolutely no consistent barriers on magic so they would probably just do some mass-reform spell and mind rape the entire human species or some shit like that.
>>
>>29941391
Hmm idk, depends on how powerful magic is. America would probably steam roll Equestria though. If magic can stop weapons that are descrimate(missiles, bullets) they would just use indiscrimate methods like nerve gas, cluster bombs, or naplam. As for how they would win against powerful magic users, they would try to force surrender by destroying everything worth fighting for and baiting tactics to make them slip up through attrition.
>>
>>29941391
>Would they resist
They would try, and in fairness you shouldn't underestimate how badly ponies can fuck things up. Pegasi in particular could be an absolute nightmare if they decided to properly leverage weather magic in a military fashion - if we made them desperate enough to take a scorched (in this case, soaked) earth tactic. Nothing like campaigning amid endless rainstorms, knee-deep mud during the day, and freezing temperatures at night!

But in the end, we play in a league so utterly different than ponies that they couldn't hope to actually stop us. A few big power-players can't overcome things like that they're barely discovering mass transportation at a time when we've made strategic airlifts a feasible possibility, or that most communication - barring individual ponies - is still physically carried letters.
>>
>>29941764
They would try to resist US occupation like with the changelings. Equestria would just be Iraq 2.0
>>
>>29942201
Celestia moves the sun a little closer. Humanity done.
>>
I want equestria to nuke the middle east
>>
>>29941802
Cutest terrorist attack ever
>eventually no one takes them seriously as confetti is harmless and pegasi just end up hurting themselves in the process like dumb pigeons
>>
>>29942222
As well as the ponies and all other races not participating in the war. Who would be that retarded?

Now assuming she makes her way to our planet? Who's to say she could even exert control over our sun in the first place?
>>
>>29942240
Scince when do we live on the same planet ? WHERE DO YOU HIDE THE PONERS ???
>>
>>29942269
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mVAqn3C5vI
>>
>>29941410
> he hates fun.
> fun

wow the new word to justify everything!
>>
>>29942278
Writefags pls
>>
During the war poners obtain gun technology.
How would the tables turn?
>>
>>29943012
To merely have a weapon does not mean you can effectively use it overtime. Popular culture has this thing where you give someone an example of a weapon, and the background resources required to actually make use of it spontaneously appear - but the reality could not be further.

Even if ponies were provided with functional modern firearms, they would need:
> A vast and varied chemical industry to support the production of materials needed for propellants
> Significant quantities of metal to be diverted to bullet and cartridge casing production
> Metal furnaces, rolling, pressing, and machining facilities to convert the above into functional ammunition
> Even more of the same to produce replacement components for the weapons, all of which needs to be done with a high degree of accuracy
> Energy production to fuel all of the above processes
> Logistical means to transport considerable amounts of bulk material to their military and distribute it
And that's just to let them maintain the weapons they've been given! There's absolutely not evidence for any of this existing already, and do you honestly think we're going to let them build that kind of industry mid-war?
>>
>>29943012
It would not make a difference. Ponies' only chance is high magic.
>>
>>29941391
>>
As a corollary to this idea, what if ponies were trained by humans, in a similar fashion to how we train our military?
Would they be any more competent, or is that just how ponies are?
>>
>>29945866
>A busload of ponies stare awkwardly at one another, each shivering with excitement and a bit of fear of the unknown as they pull up beside a large, oddly shaped building.
>The bus squeaks to a halt, the door sliding open, and immediately a very loud, very angry voice comes through the opening.
"GET OFF THE BUS! GET OFF THE BUS! LET'S GO, LET'S GO, LET'S GO!"
>With a rush, the bus empties and the equines are herded into a rough formation under the overhang, the front four standing on a set of yellow dots.
>Out in front of them stands a single human and a single pony, both in campaign hats, pacing back and forth.

I can feel memories pouring out of me from writing this. If anyone wants me to continue, I will.
>>
>>29945888
Yes
>>
>>29945888
Trips confirm, we need boot camp poners
>>
>>29941737
>a mindbroken humanity will never live out the last of their days being mercilessly facefucked to death by horny mares
Feels fucking bad
>>
>>29945888
>"DO YOU THINK I'M CUTE, PRIVATE ANONYMOUS? DO YOU THINK I'M FUNNY?"
>>
>>29941391
>flying thinking laser beams
>with wings
i switch in a war to the winners
>>
>>29945888
Fug. I'm probably not going to make everyone happy with this, since I know BMT, not boot camp. Oh well, I'll do what I can.

>The human steps up right in front of the group, a scowl drawn on his face.
"Good morning!"
>There's a moment of awkward silence before he repeats himself.
"I SAID GOOD MORNING!"
>All in different time, the ponies respond.
>"Good morning, sir!"
"Still pathetic. I am Technical Sergeant Bowman."
>The pony steps up, eyeing each member of the group carefully before introducing herself.
"And I am Master Sergeant Berry. Now, before we get too comfortable here, let's go over a few ground rules. First rule: You do not speak until you are spoken to until you are sitting in your dormitory in the evening. Second rule: If you are spoken to, the first words out of your mouth had better be 'Sir or Ma'am, Trainee So-and-so reports as ordered'. The only time that rule does not apply is if you're giving a one-word answer, yes or no. Am I clear?"
>"Yes, ma'am!"
"Third rule: From this moment on, I don't care what you are. You can be a Pegasus, you can be a unicorn, you can be Discord himself for all I care. Your wings, your magic, all of it is banned until such time as you are out from under my care. If I catch anyone using magic or wings without express authorization, you can expect some dire consequences. Understand?"
>"YES, MA'AM!"
>She nods, glancing up at TSgt Bowman, gesturing toward the group.
>>
>>29941391
You're thinking of a world power. Super powers are far more powerful than a world power.
>>
>>29941391
The only way I can see this happening is if Humans are both immune to mind magic, and have a anti-magic aura that prevents reality bending spells (So in a large radius around them, the universe behaves as it does in ours. the sun and moon in that area go up based on time not princesses, discord can't make the rain chocolate, etc).
>>
bomp
>>
>>29946180
Why
>>
>>29941391
Long distance weaponry: Humans win by a landslide. If we wanted too, we could deploy some nukes, and be done with it. Even if their forcefields can withstand a nuclear explosion (highly doubtful), the heat could melt everything within the forcefield like an oven, the EMP might affect magic (unlikely) and the fallout left over could irradiate the land after the force fields drop, and good luck maintaining those forcefields until the fallout decays.

Soldiers: It depends. If magic could be used on humans (99% of headcanon says that's not true, then anything's possible. Mass mind control spells are doubtful though, they would likely be considered dark magic, and they may not even exist. Sombra didn't use brainwashing, and Starlight Glimmer's brainwashing required the removal of Cutie Marks, which humans lack. And how would iron react to magic? Iron in certain folklore stories absorbs magic, so could wearing a metal helmet prevent mind control/brainwashing via magic?

Physical Capability: Humans win by a /landslide/. Humans are built for fighting, and for long periods of time. Humans are persistence hunters: early man hunted by slowly pursuing their prey in the hot African savannah. They would follow their prey slowly and from a distance for extended periods of time (hours to days) possibly without sleep, until their prey collapsed from exhaustion. Ponies? They are simple, stupid herd prey. They run away from predators as fast as they can, over a short distance. Perfect prey for a human, and their non-magical relatives on Earth probably were prey at one point. Ponies are simply physically inferior to humans. Not to mention instinct. Humans can shrug off injury and can fight cruelly and without mercy with adrenaline. Ponies? They just run away from everything. They know no better. It is their nature.

Overall Tech: Do I even need to say anything?

I wish good luck to the ponies, but it may be a lost cause.

Humanity, fuck yeah!
>>
>>29941391
>Go to war.
>Humans don't want to fire on cute little poners.
>Poners just don't want to fight at all.
>War consists of staring uneasily at apposing camps, then slow fraternising.
>Before you know it, someone on the human side could not keep it in their pants and a mare soldier ends up pregnant.
>Fuck it, says both sides. This isn't working.
>War declared a draw.
>Following treaties and trade deals kept fair and not subtly skewed by a patient Celestia.
>"Romance" book about how a muhreen fucked an alien pony in some bushes becomes a new york times best seller overnight.
>>
>>29947937
>Equestria has to cut down on mares sent on joint deployment because they keep coming back pregnant.
>Turns into a quagmire of paperwork when daddy wants into Equestria to be with the mare he knocked up.
>>
>>29941391
The key is to take away their magic, ponies are all but useless without their magic.
>>
>>29941391
Unicorn magic sucks according to the show. with the exception of a few special snow flakes.
Human wars aren't won with two or three people.
The ponies would be fighting high range weaponry for days and forced to give up loads of land.
Like in the carving up of Africa. you can say maybe one or two battles might go their way. but overall their fucked.
>>
>>29948036
Pretty much.
>>
>>29941696
If a nation cannot support its military then there's no way it can have a prolonged war.
North Korea would experience a lot of attrition. They can not support the logistics of a 20 year war. They got a year in them tops 3 if they loot.
>>
>>29941737
Wrong, magic canonically is only good for a few special snow flakes. Most unicorn's are garbo.
>>
>>29941746
Yea, south Koreas plan to fight north korea.
Bomb them, never stop bombing them. Kill everyone by bombing them.
Overkill Tbh.
>>
>>29947937
> Implying the megacorps wont be like the armchair generals of WW1

>>29948369
We don't know how much a pony can improve via training though.
>>
>>29948631
"Most unicorn's only have a little magic"
-Spike.
Its cannon, special snowflakes are excluded of course.
That's not to say that won't help them. but they can't win a war on that alone.
>>
>>29948648
Most can use telekinesis. I'm curious if they can weaponize that into kinetic force bullets or something.

Also I'm sure some talents normally not violent could be weaponized. They might have a special group of instructors that go through the cutie marks and find ones that can be weaponized and put them through special training.
>>
>>29941410
>fun
>'who would win' threads
>fun
End yourself.
>>
>>29948771
Sure but that seems cost heavy. That would mean training would take more then a year. Most humans are ready to fight in 16 weeks. And that includes armor divisions.

I'm not saying that the ponies won't have troops on the ground that might have strong combat abilities, but casualties happen no matter how good you are.
Would they be able to replace their troops fastet then they lose them?
It seems for their unicorns no, no they wouldn't they'd be special forces deployed on only special missions because replacing them is too expensive.

That out the way, I'm talking GI's, what are they packing. Whats the turn out rate for them and how quickly can they replace their losses.

You gotta think about this with a logistics mind set. This is how you win wars.
>>
>>29948781
Make threads you want to see or shut up and leave.
>>
>>29948369
Those special snowflakes have no consistent boundaries, is the point. Who cares if most unicorns can't utilize magic the same way, when the ones who can have no apparent barriers and can do just about anything the writer's can imagine?
>>
>>29948876
If human logistics were extremely limited by a deus ex (maybe the portal can only handle a very limited amount of transporting) it'd be more equal probably.
>>
>>29948938
Because you can't win a war with 6 people.
>>
>>29948951
You can win a war with six people who can do anything.
>>
>>29948956
Look up how big battle lines are nigga.
Humans have had some legendary warriors and still haven't won battles on their merits alone.
>>
>>29948956
Not if all the combined powers, minus one, plus a good chunk of Equestria's magic equated to one pretty small nuclear like explosion.
>>
>>29941391
the time is this year.
Starlight glimmer (human version) has opened the realm to the world, and has teamed up with her father, whom is a special ops militia sergeant whom hat discovered equestrian, and is informed of all it's lore and sub plots.
He is intrigued at the concept of magic. What if it goes into the wrong hands? What happens to magic in his realm? After careful decision starlight father has agreed to show the general only glimpses of this situation, and tells the general it's a minor threat. He shows twilight, starlight, and the mane 6 using powers with video evidence, and says this is either a: some sort of foreign technology they're using as a weapon, or B: advanced weaponry from other countries that were purposely given to them, and they are all cells of a foreign terror organization.
The general after review of the evidence has declared a standstill until there ius an attack on u.s. soil.The mane 6 are captured, along with everyone else whom had to do with magic, and they start speaking of equestrian, and etc. The general sees this as some sort of mkultra code and these teens are obviously victims of a psy-op operation. Not wanting to cause panic among the civilians, the general sends them back but under close watch and in a different school
1 week later.
either Trixie or scumbag sunburst becomes evil and they open up a portal to the earth.
Sunburst uses magic on earth twilight, and glimmers father sees this as an attack. The police are informed, and have been briefed of magic potential sunburst after much resistance is shot in the head with a smart bullet designed to expel magic.
He is wounded but is not dead. But then he has an army of followers.and they start attacking on u.s. soil.
Magic and shapeshifting is used, but there are counter spells from adult magicians, after major loss the general is forced to send missiles to sunbursts now captured crystal empire. Shining armors troop flys in defense and poses white flags but to no avail.
>>
>>29941391

It's a pre-gunpowder era armed force vs. a modern army?

There'd be a short, painful war if we had full access to each other, victor humanity. Across a single portal? Much better odds for at least a stalemate.
>>
>>29948989
I'm sorry but you lost me
>>
>>29948781
you're a faggot who can't make his own threads.
I'd consider suicide if I was you.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.