[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did we go from this...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 18

File: image.png (503KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
503KB, 1024x768px
How did we go from this...
>>
File: image.png (582KB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
582KB, 1280x717px
To THIS?
>>
File: OPqvXxG.jpg (440KB, 1463x1485px) Image search: [Google]
OPqvXxG.jpg
440KB, 1463x1485px
>>29936747
Bad newfag writer who joined the ride without the proper context of the story and development of the character throughout 6 seasons. Rainbow Dash should have an episode about becoming a Wonderbolt as Epic as CMC getting their CMC since it was her main dream and finale monument to her personal story arc.Yet, the episode felt jarring with both Dash and Wonderbolts acting OOC just like in Rainbow Falls. It's the fault of the story ediotr who approved the script and the writer who didn't prepared himself for the show.
>>
>>29936742
>>29936747
Yes.
>>
File: 1468723645718.jpg (129KB, 1024x526px) Image search: [Google]
1468723645718.jpg
129KB, 1024x526px
>>29936742
To this
>>
>>29936742
>>29936747
An executive producer at Hasbro Studios who's been hating on Rainbow Dash since season 2 in all of her episodes. His name is Mike Vogel.
>>
>>29936783
To this
>>
>>29936793
>Mike Vogel
>Executive during season 6
Ebin maymay
>>
>>29936776
What even is OOC for the Wonderbolts? They've been terrible in more episodes than they've been good.
>>
>>29936812
>Ebin maymay
Suck a dicku :^)
>>
>>29936776
>buttblasted Dashfag
>>
>>29936747
Something really sad about this episode is that you can't even criticize it, only because it has a "good" moral. Because, apparently, if an episode has a good moral everything else doesn't matter, and literally anything you think about any other aspect of the episode is irrelevant.

"I think that it was inappropriate that an episode about a life achievement was written by a newfag writer who used a completely different tone than similar episodes in previous seasons. Despite its certainly positive moral, and the rewarding fact that Rainbow Dash proudly embraces a name that used to hurt her, which is a quite interesting character development, I firmly believe that the gratuitous use of slapstick and cringe humor diverts the attention from the real moral of the episode, making it much less enjoyable for me. I think that a similar episode with a different tone, like the serious approach in Wonderbolts Academy, would have made this a great episode, but trying to force a comedic effect during what's essentially a personal crisis for one of the characters felt completely off. In short, I think that the realization overall was bad, and I don't like the episode."
>"No, you're wrong, the episode was great, it's just that you don't understand it :D"

I fucking hate this. I think that it's great if someone liked the episode because the moral talked to him, seriously, it was a good moral, good for you if you could enjoy it. But I'm sick of seeing this episode defended with the same stupid "you don't understand it" by the people who can't accept that other people can have different tastes. "You don't understand it, cringe humor is objectively a great way to present a story about a misunderstanding regarding a life achievement", yeah, no, I definitely don't "understand" it.

Fuck cringe humor, fuck Dave Rapp, and fuck every single idiot who needs to tell people who don't like cringe humor that we're wrong and we don't understand the episode.
>>
>>29936986
>you can't even criticize it, only because it has a "good" moral
Wait, people say stuff like this? I don't think I've seen this one before.
>>
>>29937002
Stuff like what? "You can't criticize it, it has a good moral"? Never. "You're wrong, it was great but you don't understand it"? Every fucking time that I say that I didn't like Newbie Dash.
>>
>>29937022
Well shit, for what it's worth I think you're right, the moral may be great but the execution of it is what ultimately makes the episode. For example I have the same problem with What About Discord? and I've seen people still discussing Feeling Pinkie Keen in moral/execution perspective. Same can be reversed, with Flurry of Emotion being a rehashed moral but with great execution that saves the whole thing.
>>
>>29936986
>REALLY buttblasted Dashfag
>>
>>29936986
Absolutely this. There was so much potential in the core concept of the episode, including the possibility of Dash realizing that in fact this is a thing close-knit groups generally do as a bonding thing and maybe, in fact, not everything is about her. Hell, that kind of "not everything is about me" realization moment would have been a great thing for a character whose core issue was (and unfortunately remains) learning to play as part of a team.

But the cladding on that skeleton of a concept makes it a steaming trainwreck of an episode which ends up feeling hollow because nothing of how that meaningful realization was reached follows a remotely sensible path. It's not a good episode, and it's a godawful episode for her introduction to the team.

I like you though, Anon. You see the attempt at a decent and meaningful story, but don't ignore the pile of shit it's covered in.
>>
>>29936986
>Good moral
>"If you are being bullied, you should just let it happen"
>>
>>29937063
The problem is you Dashfags believe she somehow 'deserved' an episode where she's not the buttmonkey, just because she's been working towards this goal for a long time.
>>
>>29937069
>bullied
You must be really sensitive.
>>
>>29937113
Not even a Dashfag, though. I just believe that when it comes to a highly meaningful point in a character's story arc, they deserve more than a half-assed, blink-and-you-missed-it introduction to their new status - much less a logically confused and horribly-characterized stumble of an episode. It hits a lot of ponies, not just Rainbow, and their stories all suffer for it.
>>
>>29937121
What other word is there to describe it?
>>
>>29937069
Good moral: "when people do something that hurts you, it doesn't necessarily means that they're trying to hurt you". And it is a great moral. But the episode is so absolutely terribly written that they try to make it an humorous situation for no reason, and I don't even think kids will get the right message.

"Rainbow Dash is sad because she thinks that her friends are insulting her. But they're not. What have we learned, kids? What should we do if one of our friends feels sad because she thinks that other people are insulting her?"
>"We must laugh at her because she's stupid!"

>>29937113
>I hate a character, therefore she deserves to get shiity episodes
Oh wow.
>>
>>29937121
Not that anon but it's sometimes feels really shitty when characters get shit, just means you sympathise with them a lot. Even if in the end it's alright it still feels shitty. I dunno how to explain it, you just don't expect it most of the time, if you're emotionally invested in a character and they get bitchslapped by the story it's sometimes really hard to ignore it even if they say that it's justified.
>>
File: 1984561564321.png (197KB, 1506x457px) Image search: [Google]
1984561564321.png
197KB, 1506x457px
>>29936783
>>
>>29937136
Hazing.
>>
>>29937142
I don't hate Dash at all, I just don't put her on a pedestal.
>>
File: 1486830987073.gif (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486830987073.gif
3MB, 853x480px
>>29936742
Shit writers who don't watch the show. /thread
>>
>>29937211
>put her on a pedestal
Yeah, because having episodes written by complete retarded writers without experience, who don't give a fuck about the show, and with a terrible sense of humor is always something great to have in any show, except when you put the characters on a pedestal. Right.
>>
>>29937158
Not that anon either, but I get where you're coming from. One of my issues with the episode is that they left the sense the Wonderbolts were personally picking on Dash right up until the conclusion, rather than hinting much earlier on that this was a joking thing they all did with each other. Starting to show that much earlier - making it clear it wasn't about her but one they all just dealt with - would have made Dash's realization much smoother and understandable.
>>
File: dash dog.gif (4MB, 918x720px) Image search: [Google]
dash dog.gif
4MB, 918x720px
Newbie Dash was an episode about Dash finally joining the Wonderbolts, but it was also an episode about Dash learning to become a team player.

This is an important lesson to her, and one she's learned several times before, but the holy Status Quo has a tendency to make characters 'forget' character growth lessons.

I'm annoyed when people say Newbie Dash was a shit episode, because in my opinion it's one of the best ones of the season. I'm glad they didn't turn it into a character blowjob fiesta where Dash is just fantastic and everything she does is awesome and everyone loves her. Too many characters get ruined by that shit (*cough* Twilight *cough*). Characters need to be flawed. They need to fuck up sometimes. Without sadness you can't know what joy is. It makes characters relatable, and it makes the resolution all the more rewarding. That final scene of Newbie Dash was really powerful.
>>
>>29937252
Yeah, I think that would've worked pretty well. At least it would be easier to get what they're going for with all this.
>>
>>29937142
>when people do something that hurts you, it doesn't necessarily means that they're trying to hurt you

That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
>>
File: 1491330018176.jpg (31KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1491330018176.jpg
31KB, 670x503px
>>29936742
>tfw this board and the show staff hate Dash even though Starlight is the only one deserving the shit for the last year
>>
>>29937121
>Wonderbolts act like complete cunts to her because of a simple screw up
>"DUDE ITS JUST BANTER"
>>
>>29937247
Still feeling a bit of that asshurt there...
>>
>>29937290
>Twilight
When did she get ruined with that? Except for 2-parters blowing it out of proportion and MMC.
>>
>>29937252

They hinted at it all the time. At one point Fleetfoot walks up to her and asks her if she's okay after they roasted the fuck out of her.

Yeah, the Wonderbolts were cunts, but they also didn't know she was so insecure about that shit. To them, she's a guardian of the universe superhero who always boasts and brags about shit. It was obvious that her being upset came out of nowhere for them.
>>
>>29937290
Finally someone with sense.
>>
If I were RD I would have just ignored what their nicknames were and made them really aggressive and mean nicknames instead.

>"Hey, Fire Crotch! Are you and Lispy Cunt going to the barracks soon? Or are you going to stop half way to suck off Eye Bags like your dad made you do to him before he left?"
>>
>>29937290
>Characters need to be flawed

And that's fine, but the supporting cast doesn't need to be massive dicks about it.
>>
>>29937113
WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF FANBOY ARE YOU?

Holy fucking shit we have anti-fans inside the fandom.
>>
>>29936747
Justice.
>>
>>29937380
That would have happened back in season 1 or in a cartoon show with some actual balls.

But after S1 ended, the show was taken over by some sociopath who finds it acceptable to abuse submissive people and make them accept it.
>>
>>29937348
Please say that again so I can break all of your teeth and remove your upper lip too.

It's a really disgusting thing when the sociopath has no moral ground so feeling bad or right about something doesn't matter about him. He'll actually feel prideful and a sense of accomplishment about abusing others. Because to him feeling in control and sadistically punishing innocents/weaklings is all he can think of.

I am questioning the sanity of this "fan"base and the executive of this cartoon show.
>>
>>29936776
>>29936986
>>29937063

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRk2z36dxB0
>>
>>29937380
>If I were RD I would have just ignored what their nicknames were and made them really aggressive and mean nicknames instead.
Newfag won't be able to stick new nicknames to a collective. That's not how it work, anon. Get out of your mom's basement sometimes.
>>
File: doIt.gif (3MB, 400x401px) Image search: [Google]
doIt.gif
3MB, 400x401px
>>29937714
>abuse submissive people

>tfw Tumblr generation is old enough to post on this board
>>
File: 5n85TNtTQb-4.png (34KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
5n85TNtTQb-4.png
34KB, 300x250px
>>29937886
Get the fuck out of here and go quack somewhere else.
>>
>>29937908
>Tumblr
>Balls
Pick one.

Out with you too.
>>
File: 1439037241322.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1439037241322.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>29936986
>being THIS assblasted
holy fucking shit, I can hear your autistic typing and heavy breathing from here
>>
>>29937952
>no capital, no punctuation.
How to spot a fourth worlder or a really uneducated american/canadian.
>>
>>29937324
Did you even watch the episode? They laughed at her once because she screwed up by not following the rules. After that, they just called her by her nickname with no "banter" intended. Dash was just triggered because she has a giant ego and can't stand the idea of being reminded of a minor screw-up she made on her first day. Don't let your feelings for your waifu make you see things that weren't there.
>>
>>29939339
Actually it triggered her because it reminded her of her traumatic childhood
>>
>>29939360
I think "traumatic" is a strong word.
Reminding her of an embarrassing moment from her childhood? Sure. Doesn't mean the WBs were bullying her though.

Look, I get that dash-lovers wanted a stronger episode for her graduation. I really do. But saying "they were being meanie bullies to my waifu" when they really weren't makes them sound as insecure as Dash was in the episode and doesn't do their argument any favors and just encourages other waifufags to shitpost.
>>
>>29936747
>>29936742
Because they couldn't kill Goose to give her humility, so they put her in the trash.
>>
>>29937314
>if you feel hurt by someone, they must have done it on purpose
that's what you sound like
>>
File: scrunchy.png (551KB, 1365x704px) Image search: [Google]
scrunchy.png
551KB, 1365x704px
>>29936747
>Rainbow Crash? More like Rainbow Trash!
>>
>>29937142
I think the moral of the episode, as well as 90% of all the episodes, is to communicate with people. Most of the conflicts in the show would be resolved instantly if the characters quit presuming and assuming and just asked "What did he mean by this?"
>>
>>29939513
Are you retarded?

See, I'm making you feel hurt by asking that, but SURELY I didn't do that on purpose.
>>
>>29939755
So you've never unintentionally hurt someone else's feelings?
>>
>>29939781
Unless someone's overhearing something, which clearly didn't happen in this episode, no.
>>
>>29937290
I agree that characters need flaws, but the episode was still utterly mediocre. The part where and she acts like her friends was extremely stupid behavior even for Rainbow Dash.

I like the moral and all, but it could have been done much better.
>>
File: Rainbow_Dash_frowning_S3E7.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow_Dash_frowning_S3E7.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>29937290
>they didn't turn it into a character blowjob fiesta
Was Wonderbolts Academy a character blowjob fiesta?
>Characters need to be flawed.
Wasn't Dash flawed in Wonderbolts Academy?
>Without sadness you can't know what joy is.
Didn't have Wonderbolts Academy sadness?

I feel that you're assuming that people didn't like Newbie Dash for reasons like those, but many of those things that made the episode good for you were already in Wonderbolts Academy. And I think that many people ITT who didn't like Newbie Dash think that Wonderbolts Academy was a much better episode.
>>
>>29937113
This was the ending episode to Dash's character arc regarding the ambition she's had since the beginning of the show. It would be like if Crusaders of the Lost Mark was filled with cringe humor and a mishmash of a moral and them getting their cutie marks as an afterthought. It's not that the whole idea of Dash learning to embrace her new nickname was a bad concept but it should have been an entirely new episode itself instead of filling up what should have been an episode about her finally fulfilling her ambition.
>>
>>29936776
How many episodes of the show do your think the new writers have watched?
>>
File: 1425051982513.jpg (196KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1425051982513.jpg
196KB, 1191x670px
>>29936795
to this
>>
>>29936776
the only problem with the episode is she should logicly have gotten rainbow trash.
but of course that would not trigger her ptsd and they had to move to the story along.
>>
>>29939799
How do you know that? You could have said something that offended someone without knowing. Quit being intentionally obtuse.
>>
>>29940370
>You could have said something that offended someone without knowing
Please.

Literally the only people that has that kind of mindset are SJWs.
>>
>>29940370
How is that relevant to the episode? They clearly said something with hazing intent to Dash
>>
>>29940380
>hazing intent
Well, duh. If they had called it, I don't know, "slowpoke", it would have been hazing too, and Rainbow wouldn't feel offended, she would be just mildly annoyed. She was offended because they used the same name the bullies used to call her to insult her, but the Wonderbolts had no way to know it. That's literally what "offending someone without knowing" means, it would have been completely different if the Wonderbolts knew that she hated that name and they kept on calling it "Crash" to hurt her.

I don't want to defend this episode, because it's fucking shit and it literally couldn't have been done worse, but criticizing it because "it's impossible to offend someone without knowing" doesn't even make sense. If you really believe this, I'm sorry I doubted you, but if this is a false flagging attempt to divert attention from real complaints, I kindly ask you to stop and be honest.
>>
>>29937290
If it was great then why it is rated so low on any poll? I think you might be just an anti-dash fag
>>
>>29940527

It's rated low because the majority of the voting fanbase are autists who don't understand the social interactions going on in that episode.
>>
File: 923473.jpg (4KB, 546x546px) Image search: [Google]
923473.jpg
4KB, 546x546px
>bumps the thread from page 10
>just to say literally "the episode was great, it's just that you don't understand it :D"

It's almost cruel not to give him a (You).
>>
>>29937290
>>29941375
I'd genuinely range IP ban you to finally get rid of your retarded nigger/muslim mentality and have a good discussion thread and some good opinions.
>>
>>29936742
The same way we went from Dash not being into studying period to being declared mentally retarded.
>>
>>29942314
I think you're lost.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>29942314

Wanting to get rid of someone with an opinion you don't like is a hallmark of the muslim nigger mentality.
>>
>>29939555
>is to communicate with people
I consider that the moral of serial experiments Lain.
>>
>>29942830
Choke on a bag of cocks. Trying to turn his own words against him, what are you 7? or 49 and a muslim?
>>
>>29936742
>>29936747

> Episodes with fundamentally different situations provoke different reactions from characters.

It really fires my neurons.
>>
>>29944277
Wonderbolts academy-Dash struggles with becoming a wonderbolt because they're all cunts
Newbie Dash-Dash struggles with becoming a wonderbolt because they're all cunts
Really brains my blast
>>
>>29944277

>episode has ponies in it
>episode has ponies in it

it's practically a rerun
>>
>>29940527
General propensity of people to be more likely to proclaim a dislike of something then a liking combined with the episode triggering some faggots something fierce.
>>
>>29944607
Hey hombre get this weak bait out of here.
>>
>>29945958
Are you trying to bait me on my motherboard, you annoying little cunt? I invented bait, I was born out of bait. Just who the fuck do you think I am?
>>
Rape?
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.