[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The bizarre architecture of Twilight's castle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 17

File: Twilight's castle architecture.png (3MB, 2238x2472px) Image search: [Google]
Twilight's castle architecture.png
3MB, 2238x2472px
Outlined by red, we can see different shots of the castle exterior, proportional to the ponies standing in front. As you can see, it looks like you have a round "trunk" region, and a large castle structure sitting on top of it.

The trunk region doesn't look all that big, at least compared to the size of the ponies. From a first glance, you'd assume that the majority of the floor space will be in the castle structure on top, perhaps with a staircase leading up.

But as soon as we go inside, everything looks a lot bigger. Twilight and Starlight all of a sudden look minuscule compared to the door. We can only assume the perspective of where the ponies are standing on the outside makes them look bigger relative to the actual size of the castle.

But notice something, look at that hallway going off to the side just inside the door. It doesn't make sense, the side wall should not extend that far outward. Compare the location of the two large windows on the outside, and then on the inside. It doesn't seem like the proportions match up properly, especially in reference to where the wall should end.

And where's that staircase going anyway? Does it loop around on top of the front door? What kind of architectural design is that?

The real question is, where is the "throne room" with the circular table. It seems like the ponies run down the front hall to get to it, not towards the stairs so we can only assume that it's on the first level. But that is a rather massive room, how is there room for it?

Look at all the little doors down every hall. Every single one should have a room behind it. How is there space for all those rooms? This tree must be way more massive than it looks on the outside.

And also something strange, in the hallway to the side of the front door there appear to be doors on the front wall of the house. Presumably leading....where? Outside? Are these fake doors or something?
>>
its probably like tardis. more volume inside than the exterior would suggest
>>
Wow, you mean a shitty hamfisted toy insert makes no sense?
What a fucking surprise.
>>
File: Castle fixed.png (945KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Castle fixed.png
945KB, 1920x1080px
It should look something more like this
>>
File: weird doors.png (593KB, 1332x741px) Image search: [Google]
weird doors.png
593KB, 1332x741px
Also, that dark patch around the door could be implying that the door is inset into the front of the castle

If that is the case, there might be space for some small closets that these doors can be leading to.
But it would have to be a major inset
>>
It's almost like magic exists in the world. Oh wait ...
>>
>>29933359
>It all makes sense now
>Twilight's Castle is like the Overlook Hotel
>they're deliberately confusing us with impossible architecture
ROB AGER WAS RIGHT
>>
>>29933425
Shit.
>>
>>29933439
>My predecessor in this job left a mare named Luna as the youngest Princess. And she came up here with her sister and two little guards, I think were eight and ten. And she had a good employment record, good references, and from what I've been told she seemed like a completely normal individual. But at some point during the night, she must have suffered some kind of a complete mental breakdown. She ran amuck and attacked her sister and killed the guards. Stacked them neatly in one of the rooms in the West wing and then she, she had to be banned on the moon.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>29933455
>"Miss Luna. You were the youngest princess, here"
>"...we are sorry to differ with you, Milady, but you are the youngest princess. You've always been the youngest princess. We should know Milady. We've always been here."
>>
>>29933359
Thanks Trump
>>
>>29933415
That castle would be the size of a mountain
>>
>>29933359
Wait, since when is there a lake behind the castle? There's a river running around between Ponyville and the Everfree but I don't remember ever seeing a lake next to the Golden Oak library
>>
>>29933514
The castle is in a different location. I'd say it's because it's so much bigger than the treebrary, but i'm more certain an animator got fired by Hasbro for not putting on the same spot and crushing the burnt remains.
>>
File: rarity reading your post.png (254KB, 793x837px) Image search: [Google]
rarity reading your post.png
254KB, 793x837px
>>29933540
It is indifferent location because there was an episode showing it in different location.
>>
>>29933359
The castle musts be destoryed!
>>
File: 3453636.png (147KB, 638x358px) Image search: [Google]
3453636.png
147KB, 638x358px
>>29933359
>another autist trying too hard
>>
File: 795.gif (393KB, 493x342px)
795.gif
393KB, 493x342px
>>29933359
Oh gee, please explain to me how magic works or how is an emotional feeling of anger possibly manifesting itself in a physical cloud?
>>
>>29933725
>>29933733
How about you pieces of shit stop defending Hasbro everytime they screw things over.
>>
File: 1489105594044.png (48KB, 249x252px)
1489105594044.png
48KB, 249x252px
>>29933975
There is a worse shit that the show is doing and that we should complain about than nitpicking about cartoon physic, you retard.
>>
File: Castle Layout.png (14KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Castle Layout.png
14KB, 800x800px
Ok, so judging by the pictures, I think this is a good model for the 1st floor of the castle.

Looking at the entrance, it seems to have bilateral symmetry. And then you see the rug extend to the down the middle from the door, and head off both directions. I think therefore we can pretty much assume that the castle is somewhat symmetrical.

Also, in the pic of Starlight standing at the door, you can clearly see behind her more stairs heading up (at an impossibly steep angle, but hey). Therefore, this would imply that the door is indeed inset into the tree structure quite significantly. The level 2 stairs are in the picture.

Above level 2, we don't know what the castle looks like. But I think we got some shots of it in this most recent episode (I could be wrong)
>>
>>29933415
Furthering this idea, it's pretty clear that the exterior shot of the castle is not an accurate representation of what it looks like, but is more like a model they used to sell toys.

In the interior shots, we can clearly see a bunch of windows besides the 2 shown on the outside. Therefore it's better to think of the exterior shots as more of a cartoonish representation of what her castle looks like. Unfortunately now that it's established, they can't exactly correct it.
>>
>>29934190
They could have a rennovation episode.
>>
File: spongekitchen.jpg (12KB, 360x242px) Image search: [Google]
spongekitchen.jpg
12KB, 360x242px
>>29933359
>buildings are bigger on the inside in a cartoon
BREAKING NEWS
>>
The writers responsible for this are untalented hacks who shouldn't even have seen a dime for this garbage.

That aside, I'd be much more interested how the upper floor looks like. I mean the upper castle structure thing. Is the map room in there? If so, how does the staircase look like?
>>
>>29934256
I always imagined the map room would be situated in the center of the main castle structure.

So in other words, inside that big door on the upper level.
I haven't checked back into the episodes to see if this holds up though.
>>
>>29933359
The Crystal Empire bothers me to no end. The castle looks like crystals, but the houses look like granite stones. Don't explain this bullshit, just fix it so all buildings are equal(crystal, not granite)
>>
File: The_Crystal_Empire_EG.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The_Crystal_Empire_EG.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>29935711
>>
>>29933359
The Treebrary is still there, in a way.

And we'll always be it's caretakers.
We've always BEEN the caretakers.
>>
>>29934238
Any case you put forward, even Golden Oaks or the fucking TARDIS itself is not nearly this inconsistent and lazy.
>>
>>29935711
It look shit, like some shanty slums where they live in rocks.

The toyline departament just have shitty designers. Both Crystal Castle and Twilight Castle suppose to look cool only as a toy but if the desings for the castle came from DHX rather than Hasbro, we would have something nice like a wooden tree looking castle.
>>
>>29933359
The castle still look like shit an unnatural even after 3 seasons. They shoul have just made it more wooden with stone walls and fountains rather than crystal christmas tree.
>>
>>29935711
The crystal empire's design reminded me of Bedrock from The Flintstones.
>>
>>29935711
>>29935717
Am I the only one noticing the inconsistency in the width of the tower's legs?

And are there any pre-S3 crystal themed fan drawings, or any "TCE and crystal ponies done right" images?
>>
>>29934190
anyone put together a nice model of how the outside should look from what weve seen inside yet?
>>
Thanks OP, I'd been thinking of putting together some screenshots to make just this analysis.
>>
>>29935711
I remember when we had people making speculative fanart about what the new race of "Crystal ponies" would look like. They looked like a genuinely different race before Hasbro shoved in that "normal ponies with confetti on top of them" and everyone got disappointed when the new race were more useless than earth ponies.
>>
>>29933359
It's... nvm
>>
>>29933359
Hmm yeah the original wooden treebark at least made sense from the size.
>>
>>29933359
What in gods name does she use all the space for?
>>
>>29938332
To store and display her dragon dildo collection.
>>
>>29938862
>[Pure Imagination plays int he distance]
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 1366x768px
>>29938882
>tfw Twilight will never give you a whimsical singing tour of her sex dungeon

Why even live?
>>
>>29938924
>"This is my cock mutilation machine~
>"Where penises get split in tween~
>"Another glans for my collection~
>"Is my ultimate satisfaction~
>>
>>29936781
This. I wanted geode pones.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.