[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YOUGETTONAMETHECYOA: Back from the Dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 498
Thread images: 33

File: drawnlogowithface.png (67KB, 725x710px) Image search: [Google]
drawnlogowithface.png
67KB, 725x710px
Previous threads
https://www.anonpone.com/longname
Flashback starts: desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/26031398/

So after being gone for a weird april fools joke, and then a year give or take, I'm back and starting this back up.

Anyways, before we start up again, I've got a slightly meta choice for everyone to make concerning the end of the flash back, which held a great deal of drama. It's not the best, but these would offer a good wrap up of things in the past and let us move on.

> Etherwing, as frustrated and hurt as she was at your last words with her after the practicum, releases a majority of the essence she took from Emberspark and let it return to him.
> She does it because she wanted to try and get back into Etherbreeze's favor again.
> Over the next few months though, the rift between Etherbreeze and Etherwing has just grown.

or

> The cutie juice is never returned
> Etherwing being bitter about the rejection becomes sour towards Etherbreeze, and begins to chide her for not being strong enough to make her own happiness.

After this gets decided once and for all. I'll also be writing up a summary of what's happened so far.
>>
>>29930729
>YOUGETTONAMETHECYOA
Let's call it Stop Trying to Avoid My Filters.
>>
>>29930729
Is this really back?!

>Return the cutie juice, it was the right thing to do.
>>
>>29930729
Return. Don't want people to start whining about morality.
>>
>>29930729
First option I guess.
>>
File: RyOqP4e.png (16KB, 142x161px) Image search: [Google]
RyOqP4e.png
16KB, 142x161px
>>29930745
I'm really happy you guys are still interested in this despite the huge fuck up I made and the amount of time that's gone by. I'm working on the post for summarizing right now, but I just wanted to quip up and tell you all I'm pretty enthused by your participation. I'll try my hardest not to screw up this time around.
>>
>>29930843
Keep the juice. He doesn't need the CM anyways.
>>
File: 1488200339008.jpg (15KB, 347x379px) Image search: [Google]
1488200339008.jpg
15KB, 347x379px
>>29930827
>>29930828
Two for Etherwing returning
>>29930874
One for Etherwirng keeping

I'mma move on the choice in five minutes.
>>
>>29930729
Summarize what kind of mare etherbreeze is by describing what kind of mare she is.
>>
>>29930729
The first option.
>>
>>29930729
Give the mark back.
>>
Return that sweet cutie juice, stand on your own 4 legs.
>>
>>29931095
Etherbreeze is an inwardly neurotic mare with self-image and anger issues, who has a very strong moral compass but gets frustrated easily with others and herself when those morals can't be lived up to. She's a lot better at hiding her feelings than controlling her feelings.

She is somewhat vain, but dislikes the time wasting and long-winded niceties of high-unicorn society.
--

Looks like Her giving it back is winning so get ready
>>
I would vote for giving all of the mark back, but I will accept most. If the whole thing is back then it means Etherwing was telling the truth about just doing this to save lives and she is a much more sympathetic character. If she wants to keep it for herself that's kind of a dick move. Also if the mark is back then the dark secret is that Etherbreeze used dark magic instead of it being that she kept the mark and let Emberspark suffer for his entire life.
>>
Also you lied to me in the general. You said Etherwing wouldn't agree to this and Etherbreeze couldn't do it on her own so we had to keep the mark. Then again I guess I lied to you too by saying dropped and still being here.
>>
>>29931213
It was kind of a derp moment for me, because I was stuck on how it would be returned. But then I remembered "It's fucking magic". I wish I had thought of that a year ago. Also, returning it gives a bit more insight into how Etherwing's mind works. You could always ask her yourself about it in the present too.

Going with "Etherwing 95% of it back", giant summary post incomming.
>>
>>29931234
So... we couldn't give that last 5% back so we could honestly say "we did it to save lives and there was no lasting damage?" So close to being able to feel morally justified, yet so far.
>>
>>29931244
I'm ok with that. We need some conflict. Not everything is perfect and fair.
>>
> You are Etherbreeze, daughter of Sugar Rain A cold hearted woman who had lost much of the passion she was known for as a younger mare and Shirebreeze a Mary Sue stallion who has managed to climb up the ranks of mount Aristocracy. He's got a big heart too though and has always been supportive of his wingless child. While stories of him have always been about his amibition, Etherbreeze has only known him as a gentle but stern man, both professionally and at home.
> Your siblings were all assholes to you except for one: Winterbeat
> Despite being endlessly bullied at school since his older sister was a horn head, he's always held you in high esteem.

> Growing up was hard as filly unicorn in Cloudsdale, but you managed.
> You father using his political connections was able to get you magical tattoos that let you have the same kind of innate cloud walking ability pegasi have.
> It didn't help with the bullying though.
> When you got through your primary schooling however, you were shipped to Canterlot to attend the Canterlot Institute of Academia The most prestigious magically oriented school in Equestria.
> For the first two years, it was hell. Despite having a clearly magical cutie mark you struggled with the simplest of spells, and only your perfect grades in every subject OTHER than magic kept you from being suspended.
> Then suddenly, one day you found yourself doing great, so good that you were put on the deans list.

> Then, five months ago, you had one last test to complete before graduating from said school.
> A test only offered to those on the deans list
> It was a practicum, a live action performance of your skills before an audience of influential ponies from around Equestria.
> Rumor had it that someone super important was going to be there.
>>
>>29931268

> The night before that happened, your brother who was in town invited you to dinner at an award ceremony for a musical your mother had funded.
> Despite disliking your mother, it would be a chance to see your father so you went.
> Durring the event you realized your mother never planned on comming to your practicum, she was only comming because it was the day after the award ceremony.
> After the event she wanted to have a mother to daughter talk, and a lot of drama happened https://www.anonpone.com/longname/26127592#navbar

> You then went to the practicum, and it turned out Twilight had personally designed the spells to be performed.
> And was also there to watch.
> The spells were dual-casting in nature, advanced and dangerous meta-magic.
> Your partner was the pompous asshole named Emberspark, who spent as much time figuring out the spell as he did flirting with you and gloating.
> When the fateful moment came for you to perform infront of the audience though, you fucked up.
> The spell was about to go completely haywire, but before it could you were dropped into your own mind.
>>
>>29931257
Fine, but then we get to resent Etherwing right back for not giving the whole thing back like she said she would.
>>
>>29931273

> You met Etherwing, literally the magic of your tattoos that had grown sentient after feeding from your magic for so long.
> She explain that she 'woke up' around the time you sudden got really good at magic The tattoos previously had been interfering with your magic and cutie mark, eating up most of the power, but once she gain sentience and learned how to alter herself, she rerouted most of it back to you.
> After a rather heartfelt acceptance of her, she says that if you let her eat Emberspark's cutiemark, she can help you rein in the spell.
> Exhausted emotionally and terrified of failure, you accepted.

> You were lauded as a hero after you brought the dangerous wild spell under control, but you couldn't help but feel bad seeing Emberspark being dragged off to the infirmary, injured in both body and soul.
> Wher Etherwing tried to congradulate you, her enthusiasm and complete disregard for Emberspark lit up your anger.
> You rejected her, going so far as to call her a monster.
> Before things could escalate however, you were found by TWilight.
> Try as you might though, you were unable to admit the truth of what had happened.
> Instead you went to dinner with Twilight and the other practicum performers
> You were the star of the night, but it just burned into your soul the guilt you felt.
>>
---
New stuff for wrapping up the flash back
---
> The next morning, you find out Emberspark made an almost complete recovery.
> Suprised, Etherwing appears (only as a figment you can see, obviously) and asks if you can forgive her now.
> You almost patch things up, but when she reveals she still kept a small sliver of Emberspark's cutie mark for herself so she could keep her own newly formed cutiemark, you reject her apology.
> She then snaps back at you, saying that you can't judge her because you didn't even do anything about it; that you acted in bad faith and just complained.

> The next five months, the antagonism has only grown more cold.
> You refused to forgive her for, she continued to call you selfish and a hypocrite.

> Also happening durring that time, you inherited the family holdings in Hayseed Swamp area.
> You hired an assistant, an Earthpony night-pact named Paperbloom.
> You spent the time up to the start of the CYOA (five months) doing house keeping and fighting the loads of paperwork left by your late uncle.
> Then you got a letter from Princess Twilight, asking you to come to a meeting.
> You went, getting on a carraige to the capitol of Hayseed, and getting on a train to Canterlot.
>>
>>29930729
Your shitty thread got past my filter.
These shitty threads are killing /mlp/
I hope you die painfully.
>>
>>29931289
What, really? why isn't your filter just /cyoa/i in that case? Did you include a word boundary or something?
>>
>>29931277
You can talk to Etherwing pretty much whenever. You never did ask her why she didn't give back that last five percent, you just got pissed because she said "I restored his cutie mark pls forgive" and then you found while she did restore it, she didn't give it all back. And that, combined with the spat you had where you called her a monster, has just grown in the five months since then.

Also I'm gonna go find my notebook and then we'll get the actual CYOA going again.

>>29931289
You could join in on this one and try to crash it at every opportunity with stupid ideas.
>>
>>29931316
Why wouldn't we have asked right when it happened? If we were still playing the flashback I would have wanted to know that.
>>
>>29931285
Alright! glad I took the time to read this while it was a dead quest, I wanna have a sweet dream party.
>>
>>29931336
> Short version, Etherwing came up after you found out about Emberspark's recovery when you were alone
> She said she restored it by releasing the essence from herself
> You started softening up and almost forgave her
> But then you realized she still had her NEW cutiemark
> She admitted she kept some of it but before she could explain it, you snap at her again for lying, and the ensuing argument goes like the last one but Twilight isn't there to interupt it so it escalates pretty fierce.
> It ended with both sides being hurt by what was said, and since then in the five months you don't really seek out Etherwing from your mind, and she just comes around to pester you.
>>
>>29931444
Whoops muh trips
>>
File: twilight sparkle bush.png (399KB, 829x584px) Image search: [Google]
twilight sparkle bush.png
399KB, 829x584px
>>29931444
Better watch out around Twiggy, she can smell a friendship problem from all the way across Equestria.
>>
>>29931468
I don't think Tulpas have a scent
>>
>>29931488
But maybe brain parasites do. Actually, as long as we don't mention the whole practicum debacle, a magical entity living in a pony's head is exactly the sort of thing Twilight would love. It's a friendship problem AND a magical research opportunity.
>>
>>29931178
So in other words she's a mare who's a mare because she's a mare because of what her mother did to her?
>>
>>29931579
No, because of what her dad did for her.
>>
File: 1452645263382.png (2MB, 3218x3031px) Image search: [Google]
1452645263382.png
2MB, 3218x3031px
((It's official, YouGetToNameTheCYOA is back!))

> The soft rumble of the train slowly brings yours eyes to open.
> The window is still open, the drapes flittering about in the midday sun.
> The recently demolished furniture has been cleaned out while you were asleep it seems.

> Paperbloom however is no where to be seen.
> His personal effects however are stashed in the room still, and the book her bought before the train ride is still set on the reading table open.
> Blinking your eyes to get the sleep out of your system, you toss your gaze to the clock and watch its hands tick away.
> It's 1pm.
> You step up off the chair and grab your brush, hovering over to yourself to preen as you ponder.

> Dinner won't be happening for another five hours, which leaves you with quite a bit of time.
> Curiously you look back to the book; you could sneak a peak and figure out what he bought.
> But then again, you could just go to the lounge car and while away some time, with either drinks or conversation, or both.
> Although given all that's happening, some fresh air might not hurt either.
> You could always talk your way to the platform at the back of the conductor's booth and watch the rails disappear into the horizon.
> It'd certainly give you time to collect your thoughts.

Prompts: What is Etherbreeze feeling after her dream-time recollection of the Practicum? Or is she thinking about the invitation? Or going back to Canterlot? Maybe about Paperblooms odd absence? Or something else?
>>
File: 1452647077708.png (2MB, 3218x3031px) Image search: [Google]
1452647077708.png
2MB, 3218x3031px
>>29931753
Whoops posted the wrong one, that's missing a horn.
>>
>>29931753
She is feeling upset that in the six months since then she and Etherwing are still at each other's fucking throats all the time. Maybe next time she shows up we could try to not be so angry and try to make some progress.
>>
>>29931781
Pegusi aren't supposed to have horns you silly billy.
>>
>>29931753
Feel proud of yourself, think about what you would have lost had you kept his cutie mark.

(think about what you could have gained to.)
>>
>>29931753
Frustrated at herself and nervous to see Twilight again.
>>
>>29931841
What...?
>>
>>29931753
Go cool of at the caboose.
>>
So we got what is being felt/thought. But what about where to go?

> Lounge Car
> Read Paper Bloom's Book
> Go to the back of the train and enjoy some fresh air and sun
> Something else

So far we have one vote for Caboose chillin, but I'll let it go a few more minutes then start writing.
>>
>>29931974
Lounging around sounds nice.
>>
>>29931974
Book.
>>
>>29931961
>>29932007
>>29932008
If no one breaks this tie I'm just gonna roll for it.
>>
>>29931974
Go to the back of the train.
>>
>>29932035
Lounge. Might get a chance to network a bit.
>>
>>29931974
> Read Paper Bloom's Book
read the filthy literature
>>
Well, I think we should go to back. I like what got said about being at Etherwing's throat all the time. Maybe being alone out back we could talk to her.
>>
>>29932035
Go look around the train, maybe look for Paper Bloom.

We can talk with Etherwing right? Let's give a holla. And when I say that I mean a "Hey." No follow up, just a hey.
>>
>>29931790

> The various options swirl in your mind, mixing with the ephemeral after taste of your dreams.
> Staring absent-mindedly at the open window, you stroke your fore arm.
> A stale feeling comes over you as you see the outsides move by.
> The longing for fresh air closes in, joining the unease left over from your memories
> You become accutely aware of how much you want to be outside, despite the usual allure of cocktails and other such fine things.

> Tossing your brush into your seat, you give your mane a shake before walking hastily out the door of your cabin.
> Down the halls, through the lower class sections and to the back.
> In the back of your mind you keep an eye out for Paper Bloom.
> Most of the passengers are busy reading newspapers, books, or napping and give you no mind.
> Paperbloom is no where to be found, so you continue through the luggage car and to the back.
> A train employee stops you at one point, but gives a shrug once you explain you just need some fresh air.
----

> Opening the door to the back of the train, you're face to face with a scene from a movie.
> The horizon in the distance, the railroad that slowly disappears into grass.
> The immensity of the scene and the fresh air that billows your mane makes you feel a bit less anxious.

> You rest your hooves on the handrail, and begin to ruminate.
> On where you're going, but also where you just came from.
> Things have been so hectic, you realize that you've never actually just stopped.
> Sure you spent an odd day at the bar, or entertained some local nobles with a bit of festivity celebrating your arrival.
> But you never actually took the time to think about you.
> It was always about taxes, or paperwork, or who to impress or who to suspect.

> But now, you really have nothing else you have to do.
> And looking back, you suddenly feel...
> You feel a lot of things really.
> The practicum, your mother, your father, twilight.
> Etherwing.
>>
>>29932402
> That name in particular, it resonated with your now fresh memories of what had happened.
> In the heat of the moments, with the circumstances and stresses everything you did seemed right.
> Yet now, having seen it again, felt those things again, with the kind of calm that time brings.
> You wonder how you've been these last five months.

> She had refused to give up the barest sliver of Emberspark's cutie mark.
> It was her acquisition that you condemned her for, but you never thought of what she did give up.
> Or why.
> She had no love for Emberspark, she had made that quite clear.
> Yet when you were paralyzed by fear and shame, she still gave it back and took that burden from your shoulder.
> Even though she hated doing so.

> The idea that she was bad and horrible, the notion you conceived in the moment of stress and panic; you never thought to doubt it.
> She had done something horrible.
> But maybe she wasn't the one to blame.
> Maybe no one was to blame.
> Or maybe...
> Maybe she was right, it was all your fault.
> You give another sigh as you open your eyes.

[Empathy - Minor Failure] (Discern Etherwing's mood)

> What you see though is different from before.
> Eitherwing floats behind the train a good twenty feet, resting on a crayon cloud that neither flits nor trails.
> No doubt sensing your thoughts of her.
> Something complex draws her face, yet you just can't seem to read it.
> Ever since that day at The Academy, she had distanced herself from you.
> You really were strangers now, even though you had started so close.

> You wait for her to say something, a witty insult, or critique of your thoughts.
> But she says nothing.
> For a minute she just looks at you, before rolling over in her cloud and looking away from you in a reclining position.
>>
>>29932725
Best just to stay silent for now
>>
Bumping before work, I'll be back at around 3pm pst
>>
>>29934268
>>
>>29932725
Ask her what she wants.
>>
>>29932725
very good.
>>
>>29932725
Why did she want his cutiemark again?

This is just shooting in the dark, but what would happen if we gave her half our mark?
>>
>>29935362
>wanting to give half our mark
I don't think we should do that after all the years that we never been able to cast any form of magic.
>>
>>29935514
Well she is a sort of an, extension of Ether? It was a hypothetical suggestion for Ether to say and make some small talk.

In a way, if we were to give her half, it would be as if it never left.
>>
>>29932725
I'm done fighting with you Etherwing. I want to talk. Really talk.
>>
>>29935839
This. I thought you really wanted to help. I thought you really wanted to do good and that was the reason you took the mark. If you really wanted to do good then why did you keep part of the mark after everyone was safe? Help me to understand.
>>
>>29935944
Not this. I don't want to accuse her of anything, yet. Sorry but I like a more neutral approach. The guy who nearly lost his cutiemark was a dick, but that's not always A good reason to keep his tramp stamp. A hypothesis for why she kept a sliver of his mark:
-so independence
- she can have her own resuvare of magic so she doesn't hinder Ether
>>
>>29936034
I wasn't accusing her of anything. I was repeating what she already told us and then asking for an explanation of the part that did not fit with her stated explanation without making assumptions about it. I wanted to let her tell us why.

Both of the things you mentioned could be the reason, but I would rather ask than assume.
>>
There's got to be a way to help Etherwing without her (and us) having to carry the stain of dark magic. Isn't Twilight researching about cutie marks?
>>
this is hard. the fact that she revealed herself without being a bitch means she atleast is feeling something other than disdain about us. what if we go to far and ruin that by talking with her, if we push her too hard she might just bap us again, or we might lose our cool.
>>
>>29936622
I would be fine with getting Twilight in on this only if 1) we leave out what we did in the practicum and 2) we convince Etherwing to play nice so she doesn't know how bad we have been at friendshipping with her.
>>
>>29937235
I think Etherbreeze's moral compass would tell her that's the right thing to do.
>>
>>29937838
Fair enough. I bet Twiggles would be ecstatic to help with a magical cutie mark friendship problem she's going to. She'll probably come instantly if we can somehow add the word book in there too.
>>
File: sdfs.jpg (7KB, 181x182px) Image search: [Google]
sdfs.jpg
7KB, 181x182px
I thought the whole point of dark secret was that you're supposed to keep it a secret from EVERYONE possible. Why do people keep trying to make it not a secret.
>>
>>29938236
Most people here are retarded it seem. I tend to try and not to interfere with them.
>>
>>29938281
... But... You should, you definitely should dissent. otherwise we are going to get GAME OVER, and thrown in tartarus or soemthing.

I don't think they would say that 'dark secret is something you can never ever tell anyone ever' and then when we tell someone who has the power and authority to do something, just says "o, ok".
>>
>>29938236
The dark secret is that we used dark magic to steal a cutie mark and nobody is suggesting we reveal that. Literally nobody. Don't imply they are. Etherwing is not the dark secret.
>>
>>29938313
What? When you tell people you can see your magical sister made from you, that usually puts into question your sanity.
>>
>>29938347
Etherwing is related and responsible for the dark magic. We also agreed to the use of the magic. They are both at fault.
>>
>>29938350
Pretty sure insanity and mental instability don't make you popular on the dance floor.

Also I just realized... Luna probably already knows about us and etherwing, possibly even the dark magic. There's no way she didn't go visit the dreams of someone like that to check up on their well being.
>>
>>29938359
Yes, and? We are not revealing the use of dark magic, either by us or by etherwing. You are right that we are both at fault. It is a dark secret for both of us. Nobody is saying we reveal that though.
>>
File: uneasy.png (5KB, 50x50px) Image search: [Google]
uneasy.png
5KB, 50x50px
>>29938380
Isn't Etherwing in of herself a dark magic entity or something? She's literally a hungry spell that gained sentience, and proved to have an innate understand of dark magic.

also I think she said it was safe to steal the cutie mark because twilight wouldn't look for dark magic. if we draw her attention to etherwing she would probably end up figuring out the rest.

>>29938377
pic related
>>
>>29938427
I don't think we should worry about Luna rating us out. yet.
>>
>>29938347
You forget that we're a noble. Etherwing would either classify as insanity or possession. Both of which are extremely bad.
>>
>>29938457
given what happened with Sombra, and that the tattoos are made from crystal dust...
>>
>>29938466
The tattoos have a logical explanation. If what happened because of them becomes known, either the dark magic or Etherwing, we'll be ruined at best. The only way to fix things is to build a good reputation and treat Etherwing as an imaginary best friend, the last part isn't possible right now. Then we might be able to get away with being a laughing stock.
>>
>>29938427
Okay, now that is a much better argument because it doesn't rely on misunderstanding which secret we were talking about. We could still do it (Etherwing isn't technically herself dark magic) but you make a good point. We would have to make sure Twilight doesn't decide to check if maybe Etherwing was caused by dark magic. She isn't, but then Twilight might see the mark if that is what she was looking for.

I still say try to get Twilight's help, but you have convinced me to do it WAY more carefully.
>>
Glad to see people are discussing future stuff, but what about Etherwing? How should we react to her reaction to us thinking about her? That was a mouthful.
>>
>>29938646

>>29935839
>>29935944
but also worrying about
>>29936785
>>
>>29938664
I guess if no one else is going to post you get to decide? I'll give it a bit longer.
>>
>>29938646
I don't understand what your asking
>>
>>29938849
She noticed that you were thinking about here and appeared, just kind of watching her with an inscrutable expression. Then without saying anything she just turned away from you again.

So how do you react to that?
>>
>>29938803
>if no one else is going to post
It's not just me. The three people I quoted already posted too. I was just trying to grab as many that fit cleanly together as I could.
>>
>>29938920
Just wanted to make sure no one new was missing out, or if people had changed their minds after the discussion. I'll get to writing it up now.
>>
>>29938803
Yeah, just use >>29938664
>>
>>29932725
> Usually when there's a silence between you and Etherwing, its oppressive or electric.
> Right now though it's nothing more; just a silence.
> It's peaceful yet awkward, as you've grown so accustomed to being angry in the pegasus'.

> With that peace, you think about what you've never thought to talk with her about.
> Questions.
> Comments
> Even an apology maybe.
> You try to figure out what to say to her, but as if feeling your indecision she speaks.

[Empathy - Sucess]

> She tries to sound aloof, yet something is off in the way she forms the words.
> There is a hint of genuine suprise in her words.
> Subtly, but it's there.

Etherwing: You must be getting slow, you haven't said a thing.

> She doesn't bother to turn around, still reclining in the blurry crayon-like cloud as she rubs her arm in faux boredom.
> One of the reasons she gets to you, even more than others, is because her emotions are so vibrantly felt.
> The feeling of mockery is there, but it too is slightly off.
> Fake.

Etherbreeze: "I guess so."

> Again a momentary silence.
> Then in a small voice, one that you wouldn't if she wasn't in your head, she asks;

Etherwing: "... What do you want?"

> You blink in suprise.
> You've never heard her so unsure of herself.
> Except you have, you realize.
> When she first revealed herself to you.

> But what do you want?
> You ponder it a bit.

[Socialize - Minor Success]

Etherbreeze: "I... I never asked you why. Back then. I just assume-"

Etherwind: "That I was a monster? That I was hungry for souls?"

> Her voice grows bitter, and you see her illusory cloud shift into a slightly darker shade.
> She isn't hiding her emotions anymore, and you can feel the raw frustration and disgust she has for you.
> It's different than the usual chiding sense of superiority you get from her.
> It makes you wince as it washes across you.

Etherbreeze: "... Yes, I did."

> Your twin snorts dismissively.
>>
>>29939321

Etherwing: "You used to be rather adamant that you weren't going back on that promise. I guess now you don't even care."

> Your head starts to hurt, as the pegasus in your head shivers on her cloud.
> The intensity of her distrust and disdain stabbing into you like a knife.
> You instinctively gasp for air, even though the shock is nothing but illusory.
> But it doesn't stop the burning recollection of that promise.
> The one you broke so soon after.

[Composure - Success]

> You wanted to defend yourself, to exclaim that you didn't do the wrong.
> That your outburst was justified.
> That your assumptions were sound.
> She had no place to criticize you.

Etherwing: "I tried to please you, but you make it so hard. So hard to be helpful, so hard to make you happy. You don't even care about what I do for you, you never even try to see. Yo-"

> But somehow the anger that came so easily to you in the past doesn't' surface.
> You just make a solemn admission instead.

Etherbreeze: "You're right."

> Your twin stops, your words so unexpected that she fails to continue her rant.

Etherbreeze: "I'm not happy about what you did, or that you tried to hide that you kept that sliver for yourself. But, you're right. I never asked you."

> You suddenly feel a cold chill down your spine, and when you look up you see Etherwing floating there infront of you.
> Her eyes are locked on you intently, though you can see the stain of tears and anxiety on them.
> Neither of you say a thing, instead you project your sincerity and she appraises its authenticity.

Etherwing: "... No."

> She finally says, floating away from you and back to her cloud.
> You try to protest, insist that you really want to know and bury this hatchet.
> But she intercepts you.

Etherwing: "I... can't forgive you, not now. not yet. I don't trust you, to be that strong."

> Her emotions that had been fully open to you close again, suddenly.
> Along with her cloud, she dissolves.
> Leaving you alone.
>>
>>29939418
[ETHERWING WILL REMEMBER THIS]
>>
>>29939418
Well we might have made some progress. Let see if Paperbloom is back from where ever her went to.
>>
File: e26f77cc1fc5dbb176da38ce7e6070ba.jpg (239KB, 1678x1680px) Image search: [Google]
e26f77cc1fc5dbb176da38ce7e6070ba.jpg
239KB, 1678x1680px
>>29939418
How can one be so reluctant to make up with what is essentially the opposite side of their same coin? Oh the clusterfuck that is "Ether." One cannot exist without the other, each has what the other desires.

Though Etherbreeze is really the one with the power, despite how capable and bitchy Etherwing is. Breeze isn't blameless but Wing has made no attempt to empathise it seems what with tormenting her.
>>
>>29939477
Well, to be honest she probably was just waiting for us to apologize and when she never did, she assumed we never desired to.
>>
>>29939418
Can't rebuild bridges in one day.
>>
I'll give you this bump from 10.
>>
>>29939418
Alright then. Where ever she went, that leaves us with the scenery.
>>
>>29939511
Apologize to what?
>>
>>29939418
Gotta prove ourselves with actions, not just words. Etherwing apparently doesn't trust us not to just fuck her over and essentially "kill" her.
>>
>>29941959
This.
>>
>>29941483
We promised that we would never abandon her, and then we immediately after we told her to fuck off for being a liar and soul-stealing monster.
>>
>>29943879
Technically we can't abandon her. Not without so super magic shit or removing those sexy-ass tattoos, which Breeze would never ever do.
>>
>>29943912
I think it's more about emotional abandonment. Which given the fact our emotions and feelings are very real to her, is probably like being in a dark room for years on end.
>>
>>29943950
She hasn't exactly helped how Breeze FEELS about her, that's for sure.

I'm starting to think they're both whiny passive-agressive bitches with a grudge that they should have put aside long ago.
>>
>>29944969
This
>>
>>29943982
You mean, like they both are emotional wrecks who have shit to deal with due to bad childhoods? Remember Etherwind has only be conscious for 2 years and five months roughly. The first and probably only direct social interaction was being accepted and happy, to immediately being rejected. I don't think it's hard to see why she's a salty bitch who is weary of trusting breeze again.
>>
So playeroonis, what's next? Dinners comming up but there's still some time left. You could try looking for Paperbloom as was suggested. You could just relax and be at peace in the back until dinner. You could stop by the lounge car, or go back and possibly read that book if Paperbloom isn't back, or something else.
>>
>>29946083
> Wake up fully formed intellectually
> Get a hug from the only person who can see you, and whom you've been too scared until then to talk to.
> Be happy for the first time in your life
> They then kick you in the shins and tell you you're a monster.
>>
>>29946122
Let's go look for Paperbloom and shoot the shit with the guy. Who does he loathes, who does he likes, etc. Then it's off to din dins.
>>
>>29946133
I know right? We we kind of an add, but how were we supposed to know?
I'll need to read the older chapters later.
>>
>>29946122
We don't get much us time do we? we should just take this time to unwind and do nothing. its not healthy to be doing 100% all the time
>>
>>29946122
Might as well talk to paps
>>
Kind of surprised you made the perception check. It was pretty hard.

>>29946378
>>29946136

> You came out here, to the back of the train, to find peace.
> While you certainly didn't except to find Etherwing here, you did find something.
> It certainly wasn't closure, and you're not sure what you'd call it.
> But it was pleasantly unheavy.

> For a few minutes more, you watch the rails disappear over the horizon as the train chugs along.
> But the tranquility eventually subsides, and your mind begins churning to something that had been bothering you.
> Paperbloom left without waking you first.
> He always let you know when he was leaving the office back at your airstate.
> So you could help but wonder if something unusual was going on with him.

> You turn your back to the horizon behind the train and back towards your room, looking out for Paperbloom.
> As you proceed through the luggage cars you recal your conversations with him the few few days.
> The one he had with you, and the one with his wife.
> As you go through in your head those conversations, you casually trot down the aisles of the cars, glancing into the cabins of other ponies and listening.

[Sneaky (Not looking out of Place)- Great Success]
[Perception - Success]

> You have no trouble looking in place.
> Passing by the various cabins you see and hear many things.
> A couple leaving for a honeymoon.
> Business partners excited about their new brand of hoof wrenches.
> Even a bunch of fillies and colts excitedly looking forward to a Daring Do release party.
> But the thick doors keep all but the most enthusiastic and celebratory noices, and you fail to hear from Paperbloom through any of the closed doors.
> Likewise you fail to see him through the ones left ajar.

> However, just as you feel it is hopeless you hear somepony else speak Paperblooms name.
> It's a gruff voice muffled and obscured, but clearly from the cabin you just passed.
> It seems Paperbloom is having a meeting.
>>
>>29946718
Time to eavesdrop.
>>
>>29946744
I dunno, maybe we should respect his privacy. if he didnt tell us, he probably has a good reason.
>>
>>29946750
A secret conversation on a train ride. Best case scenario, he ran into an old friend on the train and decided to hang out with them. Worst case scenario, it's a conversation about us.
>>
>>29946750
>>29946806
How about we listen in for a bit, if it's about something we do need to know about it should be pretty easy to figure out, if he's just getting a secret blowjob on the train we can leave it.
>>
>>29946744
>>29946750
>>29946806
>>29946846

> Paperbloom left the cabin without a word.
> Now you find he's conversing with someone you know nothing about, presumably in secret.
> Somewhere you feel a twinge of guilt in not trusting him.
> But the paranoia that keeps all nobles alive thrums inside of you, and demands that you keep tabs on him.

[Sneaking - Significant Failure]

Ok so, do you guys want to spend a point of moxie to re-roll, try to run away, or lie your way out of your failure? Remember Moxie lets you roll more dice if you decide to use it before doing something (and your dice explode), or reroll a failure.

Just remember that Moxie points don't just come back willy-nilly. It takes acts of boldness or virtue to get them back.
>>
>>29946881
> we're getting into actual system mechanics now.
not sure if this is a good or bad thing. how bad did we fuck up our sneak?
>>
>>29946893
>Significant Failure
Possibly falling through the door.
>>
>>29946893
Lets just say three of your four dice came up 1.
>>
>>29946881
Reroll.

Failing that, pretend to be drunk and looking for a cuddlebuddy.
>>
You have spent a point of moxie. Your moxie rating itself doesn't go down, but your pool of moxie points does. You have 2 points left.

>>29946881

[Sneaking - Success]

> As you walk up to the door, you take a moment to survey the hall.
> There's no one there, you're alone outside of the cabin with Paperbloom.
> You press your ear up against the wall and close your eyes to listen.

[Perception - Success]

> Even with your ear so close, the thick door combined with the clatter of the train wheels makes it hard to hear.
> You almost think you can't hear anything.
> But when they start again, you realize they had just paused after the mysterious pony within had exclaimed Paperblooms name.

Mare 1: "... You need to keep your voice down Glister. Someone might hear us if you keep getting excited like that."

> You hear the telltale grunt of a stallion, that you presume is the Glister the mare is talking about.

Glister: "... You can't say I'm not justified though. You're being far too careless with your words. You can't just talk with people about our traditions like that. Especially not wild nobles li-"

> Glister again starts escalating his voice as he rants, but the mare clears her throat and again the stallion restrains himself.

Glister: "You can't just trust young nobles like that. They talk too much, think too little, and don't understand consequences."

Paperbloom: "I understand that Glister, I know ponies are quick to misjudge because I'm not a child."

Glister: "Then why did you talk to her about it? In such depth to?"

> There is a silence that even for you, standing outside the door, find awkward.
>>
>>29947026

Mare: "Tea mentioned last night she was furious that you didn't even ask Etherbreeze for a leave of absence. Are you still upset about that?"

> The mare speaks as tough the akwardness isn't there, in a calm voice that seems to resonate with the other two, as their voices grow less agitated.

Glister: Is that what this is about? She doesn't understand how important this trip is?

Paperbloom: "I... I don't know. She's still angry that I agreed to work with Etherbreeze after all the trouble her uncle was..."

Mare: "That would make sense. Whipwind was a notoriously harsh master to work for. She no doubt carries the same hatred for Etherbreeze."

Paperbloom: "That doesn't make any sense. She's never been spiteful to my lady, she even brings gifts of tea and biscuits."

Glister: "You also went two years not knowing how much she liked you before you got married. She's good at hiding her feelings."

Paperbloom: "Which means..."

Mare: "If she was so angry to actually fight with you, she must be truly incensed."

> Another silence fills the room after the mare finishes his sentence.
> Eventually Glister sighs and returns to the subject they started with.

Glister: "I haven't heard any stories of your lady spreading what you said, so I suppose we can make this a stern warning. I hope for all our sakes though she keeps that secret well."

Mare: "I concur; as long as you're willing to take responsibility for her words then we'll leave it at that."

Paperbloom: "I'm grateful for your leniency. But if I might be excused, I shouldn't keep Lady Etherbreeze waiting."

> You pull your ear away from the door at that point.
> You probably shouldn't be in this hall when he leaves.

Prompt: What does Etherbreeze make of all this?
>>
>>29947027
This is obviously some palace politics going on, it's good to find out that this Tea person may harbor some kind of resentment. Let's quickly scuttle back to our cabin.
>>
>>29947027
Is Tea one of the household's former retainers?

Is she behind all the false paperwork from way back when?
>>
This looks familiar, did you ever make a cyoa with a few other people about some darkness ages ago? We ended up dying a few times, chopping cadences head off and stuff?
>>
>>29930729
>YOUGETTONAMETHECYOA
HOW DID I KNOW!
>>
>>29947027
Let head back to our. Don't want him to know we where leasing to the conversation.
>>
One step closer to the super secret lunar sabbath.
>>
>>29947027
this is looking more and more like some sort of illuminati secret society. are these two enforcers or something
>>
Etherwing (Out-of-Character Narration): You've been a rather sneaky pony lately, listening in on lots of ponies. Congratulations, your SNEAKY skill has increase from 1 to 2. Sadly it does nothing to make you a better pony, just better at hiding the fact you're an aspiring paranoid skulker.

>>29947329
Nope. This is the only CYOA I've ever run.

>>29947130
>>29947159
>>29947676
>>29948553

> You take a few steps more slowly away for the door, before breaking into a brisk trot.
> The last time Paperbloom had realized you had listened in on him, before the trip started, he was furious.
> You had been able to calm him down, convince him it you merely overheard the loud conversation and were concerned for him.
> But you have more than enough common sense to realize that you can't make an excuse of overhearing something that was very clearly being kept secret.

>Thankfully the gathering of nightpact must be having some formal pleasantries before dispersing because you make it to the end of the train car and to the next before you even hear their door open.
> You resume a more casual pace once you're safely in the next car, and make your way to the cabin without trouble.
> Your mind however is still at full tilt.

> What was conspiring behind that door was clearly more than a friendly get together.
> It sounded more like a secret society meeting.
> Some sort of tribunal.
> What worries you the most though, is how those ponies knew of what Paperbloom had told you.

> Had he some how contacted them without you looking?
> You had been together since the wagon ride into Rain-Fall.
> He hadn't left your side since then.

[Magic Theory - Great Success]

> You slowly come to an uneasy realization then, from what he had told you.
> You had both fallen asleep on the Wagon after the little discussion you had.
> He said that the Wintergrass could only take place at the height of the MOON's power.
> He never said that smaller scale dreaming couldn't happen otherwise.
>>
>>29948758

> The night-pact were a surprising tight-knit group (or perhaps society was a better way to describe it).
> Knowing you were sudden a pony of interest to them was worrying.
> But with that bubble of anxiety in your stomach, your mind also recognized at least a small lining of hope.
> While their clandestine conversation was worrying, they seemed more concerned with you talking rather than with you yourself as a mare.

> The more political part of your mind sees the obvious opportunity in this, but you shake such thoughts away.
> The more sensible part of your mind knows much better than to toy with such things.
> Especially given how strange your circumstances were.
> And the fact that Paperbloom was your only servant, since the rest fled with the passing of your uncle Whipwind.
> Although Tea seems to stayed around, atleast tangentially through Paperbloom.

> When you reach your cabin you open the door with a sigh and sit down.
> This new information gives you a lot to think about, and you absent mildly pick up your brush telekinetically and begin preening.

Etherwing: "I'm suprised you're so calm. Given that he was plotting behind your back."

> You look up and see Etherwing laid out on the master bed, the one you had slept in hours earlier.

[Composure - Success]

> You almost dismiss her out of habit, but pause for a moment.
> She's probably just trying to push your buttons, but getting angry right now when Paperbloom would be back any second wasn't smart.

Etherbreeze: "He's been loyal to me so far, despite my uncle's reputation. Whatever happened in there, they are merely cautious of me, not plotting my ruination."

> Etherwing smiles, bringing a hoof to her grin to smugly add on to your words.

Etherwing: "Not to mention you might make an opportunity out of it."
>>
>>29948898

[Composure - Success]
[Perception - Great Success]

> You groan as you roll your eyes.
> Before you can say anything though, you hear the faint hoofsteps of a pony approaching your door.
> You whisper before Paperbloom enters

Etherwing: "We can talk about this later."

> Suprisingly Etherwing seems to accept this, and lifts off from the chair and reclines on nothing in the air.
> Paperbloom enters the room right after, closing the door behind him quietly.
> When he turns around and sees you brushing your hair though he almost squeaks in surprise.

Paperbloom: "A-ah... Lady Etherbreeze, a pleasant day isn't it."

[Empathy - Perfect Success]

> For him to resort to such a stock phrase, he clearly isn't composed after his meeting.
> Though how you go forward from here isn't perfectly clear.
> You could push him on his absence, or ignore it entirely.
> Ofcourse he is clearly off balance, you might be able to push about the night pact and get more answers.

Prompt: How do you want to deal with Paperbloom?
>>
>>29948934
We were surprised to see you missing, but decided to just go to the caboose for a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>29948934
No need to press him and possibly tip him off that we were being a sneaky pony.

He seems like an alright dude if a bit dense; we should trust his loyalty.
>>
>>29948934
Hey, a pony can't be cooped up in these rooms forever, he probably just took a stroll around the train, checking out the carts and stuff
>>
File: W7MZHqO.gif (12KB, 499x439px) Image search: [Google]
W7MZHqO.gif
12KB, 499x439px
Going to work now, I'll be back in 9ish hours.
>>
>>29949572
Nice changeling.
>>
fug, I need to re-read some of the old threads to refresh on the details of Etherbreeze's background.
>>
>>29951593
Same.
>>
>>29950649
>>
File: etherbreeze cart.gif (18KB, 106x96px) Image search: [Google]
etherbreeze cart.gif
18KB, 106x96px
The ride never ends.
>>
>>29951593
>>29952046
So, what's your impression on the re-read?
>>
Does anyone know what OP does for work? He seems to have the weirdest hours.
>>
bed bump
>>
File: etherbreeze nom.png (45KB, 823x539px) Image search: [Google]
etherbreeze nom.png
45KB, 823x539px
You know you want it.
>>
>>29954520
L-lewd.
Say. Does anyone remember if Etherbreeze or Etherwing had a crush or romantic interest in anyone?
>>
>>29954925
In the flashback her brother implied that she liked male pegusi.
>>
>>29953951
>>
>>29953617
Home Depot, no set hours. It sucks.
>>29951390
Thanks

So someone said that they don't like the way I've been doing dialouge, and that I shoud put all NPC dialouge in the greens, and leave Etherbreeze's dialouge in the black.

I'll let you, my precious players, decide. You're the ones who read it after all.
>>
>>29955423
I'm fine with the way it is.
>>
>>29955423
Well, what's wrong with the way it is? It helps the dialogue stand out. The other characters' speech is important too.
>>
>>29955423
I like your way a million times better than the standard way most people do dialog.
>>
>>29955423
Lewds when?
>>
You surprisingly rolled a 50 on your empathy test. Talk about ridiculous rolls. Guess it comes with being a social character.
>>29949231
>>29949372
>>29949552

[Lying (You Weren't Doing Anything Suspicious) - Perfect Success]
[Empathy (Detecting lies and emotions - Perfect Success]

> With a shrug you motion to the room as a whole.

Etherbreeze: "Quite, though this room can get a bit stuffy. The caboose seemed like a nice place to relax until the sun set a bit more."

> Your aide laughs, a hint of akwardness still lingering but generally calmed by your apparent ignorance.
> He replies with a nod, before taking a sit across from you.

Paperbloom: "I had a similar idea, I went to the lounge. I would have woken but... I guess I didn't want to disturb you, you'll be so busy soon I thought I'd let you bank some hours of sleep."

> He's lying of course, but its nice that he's taking some effort to do so.
> The lounge IS in the opposite direction from the caboose, so you wouldn't have seen him there.
> The way he leans ever so slightly though in his chair, betrays his intent to hide someone from you.
>Still, his social skills are getting better since you first hired him.
> You have no doubt that he'll never be as proficient as you are though.

Etherwing: "You were always good at lying."

[Composure - Success]

> You roll your eyes with a shake of your head.
> Quickly realizing that you're in the room with someone though you chain the reaction to your actual conversation.

Etherbreeze: "I appreciate it, but you shouldn't worry so much. There's no way I'll be more sleep deprived from this than I was when I first had to deal with all the paper work from my Uncle."

> Paperbloom shivers ever so slightly as he recalls talking about your uncle earlier.
> You of course pretend not notice, letting him believe his laughter is genuine recollection.

Paperbloom: "Hehe, those were rather trying days. On a different note though..."
>>
>>29955620

> Paperbloom pulls out a small card, no larger than a paperback book.

Paperbloom: "What should we do for dinner tonight? We could go to the dinner car, the lounge, or just have it delivered here."

> It seems a pretty inoccuous change of tone.
> And an inoccuous choice as well.
> Etherwing curiously flits around behind Paperbloom to look at the paper he's holding.

> Oddly, you don't really know if she can perceiving things you can't or not.
> The only time you asked was well into your spat, and she wasn't very talkative about it.
> Still you have a choice to make.

Prompt: Where to food?
>>
>>29955501
I don't think Longname draws so... Whenever you do it, or get someone else to.

>>29955632
I'm fine with whatever myself so I'll let the other anons handle this important decision
>>
>>29955667
It doesn't have to be lewd art. It could be lewd, writing? Smut I guess?

>>29955632
Let's have it delivered. Tell me more about my uncle.
>>
>>29955632
Just how much older is Bloom compared to Ether? Is he cute? Handsome? Plain? Ugly?
>>
>>29955620
I love this kind of social subterfuge.

>>29955632
>Oddly, you don't really know if she can perceiving things you can't or not.
Wew, the possibilities if she actually can. Could she be a magical lifeform, kind like a windigo?

Get it delivered. Enough dealing with other pones today; for both of us I think.
>>
>>29955783
He is 23, compared to your young 19 (you literally just became an adult)... I just realized... I don't think I ever described him. So... I'll let you guys design him. Just remember he's a well learned but somewhat uncultured earth pony from a swamp town.

>>29955731
>>29955833
Seems like asking about uncle and having food delivered is winning.
>>
>>29955928
Pink mane and grey coat. That sounds like a good color combo. A stocky build typical for an earth pony. A slick back mane, and a fairly handsome face. Nothing too outstanding, but still noticeable.

>Paperbloom ordered to assassinate Etherbreeze, but by the time that happens he has developed feeling for Her.
>however, Ether has either been unaware of his feelings or he was skilled enough to hide them from her.
>shipping when?
>>
>>29955928
He has the word Paper in his name, so i feel like white coat would be better than gray.
>>
>>29956021
But no filthy mud pony that lives in a swamp community deserves a white coat.
>>
> You close your eyes and ponder a bit.
> It might be fun, carousing with others in the lounge.
> Or listening in on conversations on the Diner car.
> But there are so many and better reasons to have dinner here.

> You quite a few questions for Paperbloom.
> Not directly related to what you over heard, but tangentially related.
> Specifically you're uncle; he seemed particularly infamous which is something you never caught on to before.
> You already knew he was lazy, but the way they spoke of him made him seem more cruel that what you had heard of before.

Etherbreeze: " To be honest, I don't feel particularly interested in going out right now. The cabins cooled a bit and its quite comfy in here."

> You stretch your legs, no so much as to be unladylike like, but enough to show you're preference for relaxing

Etherbreeze: "I'm sure we can some way to while the time away."

> Paperbloom smiles and flings the paper card he was holding over to you.
> You catch it with your telekinesis easily enough and read it.
> It's a menu, though it's just generic 'fancy' food.
> You shrug at the notion of actually making a choice.

Etherbreeze: "Most of this looks pretty... Usual. I'll have what you're going to get."

> You toss him back the card, which he suprisingly manages to catch.
> A few scribbles later marking what you both were having he dips out the door to put the card in the hold outside for the service ponies to pick up.
>>
>>29956248
So Paperbloom. You're my assistant. What do you make of me? Who am I in your eyes?
>>
>>29956248
Ask about uncle.
>>
>>29956902
>>
>>29957541
>>
>>29956248
Wow, the service in this train takes forever.
>>
>>29955946
But he's married...

Besides, we all know Etherbreeze is pegasexual.
>>
>>29958485
Oh. I forgot about that.
>>
>>29958485
Of course, if the show is anything to go by, there are plenty of earth pones who are aviators. Maybe one of those might catch her eye because of their common interest in flying.
>>
File: cherry berry.png (570KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cherry berry.png
570KB, 1280x720px
>>29959164
For example.
>>
File: 1454544978332.png (311KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454544978332.png
311KB, 1000x720px
>>29958485
> Etherbreeze imagines a world without wings
>>
>>29960119
>>
>>29956248
Put some idle chit chat into the conversation. How is his wife (he has a wife right?) If it turns out I'm wrong then follow up with a joke saying surprising that he isn't married already.
>>
when does voting on the CYOA name end?
>>
>>29961445
NEVER. IT SHALL BE A DISBUTE LASTING TIL THE ENDS OF TIME AND THE UNIVERSE ITSELF!
>>
>>29960720
>>
>>29961445
It's meme now. We're long name forever.
>>
>>29959164
What part of PEGASEXUAL do you not understand?
>>
>>29962562
> Earthpony falls for Etherbreeze
> Tapes cardboard wings on
> They start getting serious
> One day it rains and his wings melt before her eyes
> She is eternally traumatized.
>>
I'll be posting later tonight. Sorry about the poor service, tonights meal will be on the house. Also please accept this gift card for 20 pegabucks.

1 million buys you a whole wing!
>>
>>29963234
>1 million buys you a whole wing!
Awesome just 999,980 pegabucks to go.
>>
>>29963599
But we want two wings, don't we?
>>
>>29963943
Dam your right, then we would need 1,999,980 pegabucks to get both wings.
>not wanting to be an one winged Alicorn.
>>
>>29964134
Sounds too much like 666xxx_SephirothDarkfire_xxx666
>>
>>29963234
>million for only one wing
>can't fly without two
>will need two million pegabucks
How can we get more pegabucks?
>>
>>29964546
Defraud resturants so they give us more giftcards?
>>
>>29964546
Are you forgetting that Etherbreeze is loaded?
>>
>>29965140
With Equestriabucks, not Pegabucks
>>
>>29965148
Then how are Pegabucks obtained? Etherbreeze is a connected mare.

>Get wings
>Become alicorn
>Still disappointed because we're not just a pegasus
>>
File: etherbreeze socks.jpg (115KB, 796x1017px) Image search: [Google]
etherbreeze socks.jpg
115KB, 796x1017px
>>
>>29956449
>>29956592
>>29961440

Three different things, what do people want? I'll give 10 Pegabucks to you all if you get a more concise description of what you want to talk to him about.
>>
>>29966194
The first one is hitting on him. The second one is a desire to learn more about our uncle's reputation. The third one is just mindless, awkward small-talk. Lets get straight to the point and try to get a better idea about what our uncle did to the locals. His reputation does rub off on us after all and I'd rather not tread through a potential minefield without at least a little warning.
>>
>>29966194
Maybe it 30 pegabucks or I stop bumping and playing.

>>29966252
The first one was mine and it was definetly not flirting with him. I wanted his honest opinion. Does he see Ether as good, bad, etc.

The second is straight forward.

The third one should be introduced first to break the ice, followed up by either the first or second posts.
>>
>>29966194
How many pegabucks do we have so far? Can we exchange equestrian money for pegabucks?
>>
>>29966312
You have a giftcard of 20 pegabucks.
>>29966305
You drive a hard bargain, so sure. 30 Pegabucks, up to 50 total.
>>29966252
Ok, so Uncle talk. I do agree the wanting to hit on Paperbloom is odd, when he is clearly in a committed relationship. But hey, maybe some players want to be bad.
>>
>>29966342
Whoops, that was me.
>>
>>29966342
I don't.
>>
>>29966365
Are the pegabucks exclusively for Pegasus wings, or do we have a choice to spend them on something else? Like extra dice or a random event to occur?
>>
>>29966365
How much pegabucks could we get with fan art?
>>
>>29966398
Agreed, Etherbreeze is no whorse.
>>
> You peer out the open window as Paperbloom trots off momentarily.
> Despite your calm exterior, you're still rolling a lot around in your head.
> You're hungry brain, constantly devour ever piece of information especially any tidbit that might influence your image, has been chewing on what you had heard in the clandestine meeting.

[Socialize (An inconspicuous Subject) - Astounding Success]

> You chuckle a bit, setting up the correct tone to avoid suspicion.
> Paperbloom gives you an inquisitive look as he returns from the door and to his seat.

Etherbreeze: "You know, I find it rather amusing..."

> You take a another brush of your mane, letting your aide join the conversation formally before continuing.

Paperbloom: "Hmm? What is that Lady Etherbreeze?"

> You giggle, it's soft but enough to bring the conversation to a clearly relaxed and jovial place.

Etherbreeze: "Paperbloom please, were in privacy here. You needn't address me so formally."

> You give a shrug, and then add:

Etherbreeze: "After all, once we get to Canterlot I'm sure I'll be suffocating in honorable additions to my name."

> Your aide blushes slightly, clearly embarrassed for being called out on his hyper-professional manner today.
> Clearly off balance, he repeats himself a bit more casually after c.

Paperbloom: " So, as you were uh... Saying Ether..."

> Surprisingly, he went full casual on you.
> Not that you minded.
> It was always serendipitous to find a bit genuine of happiness in deception and manipulation.
> You hadn't been called by partial name in a long time.
> It was... pleasant, and you couldn't help but smile slightly.
> Normally you wouldn't have but given the situation a grin wouldn't have mattered one way or the other.

Etherbreeze: "Well, you and I. We've been cleaning up the mess that my uncle had left us for five months or so. Yet I know his eating habits better than him. Rather silly, don't you say?"
>>
((Reading through the CYOA, I noticed I said originally Etherbreeze inherited from her cousin. Consider this a retcon: She inherited from her Uncle))

[Empathy (Reading Paperbloom) - Great Success]

Paperbloom: "I suppose it is."

> He cracks a grin, any suspicion or anxiety having been drained by the relaxed air you cultivated with a few words and gestures.
> Rather than retreat from the subject he continues, indulging with a more personal side.

Paperbloom: "Before Tea and I were dating, she would always complain to me about how Whipwind used to slip out into guest rooms and eat limes. Leave the peels scattered about and not tell anyone."

> He gives a wide sweeping motion with a hoof, decorating your booth with conversation lime peelings.
> You scrunch at the the thought.

Etherbreeze: "He... Left them their to rot?"

Paperbloom: "Mmhm, she said every day either she or Leaf Rack would have to check the guest rooms and air them out, do the carpets, the works."

> He face hoofs with a chuckle.

Paperbloom: "In fact, one night at a party he apparently had a plate of limes set in all the guest rooms. When I met Tea the night after she smelled so much of lime that she had to stands outside in the rain to get the smell off."

> You join him in his laughter.
> Inwardly though a few gears click into place.

Prompt: What does Etherbreeze feel about her uncle being am asshole apparently? Will she just leave it at that or possibly ask for more? Maybe be direct and just ask what people think of him? Or dig further into Tea's history with him?
>>
>>29967130
I'd say we should feel negatively towards him. It's an interesting story, but it doesn't actually give us much useful information. I say we get more serious about our uncle. There was obviously a lot more going on and we're actually at risk as long as we're ignorant about it.
>>
is Etherbreeze a sociopath, broken inside, both, or something else? she's super specific with her actions, with the intent of manipulating people.
>>
>>29967130
Just ask him, hes been a great servant so far.

Ask him what people thought of our uncle. We can spin some bs about hearing about overhearing some unflattering thigns in a tavern if we need to.

Im kind of on the fence, on one hoof he might have been an asshat, on the other he might have actually been insane.

Unless there some obscure magical monster or ritual related to limes anyway.
>>
>>29967165
She a noble and has likely been taught or learned how to be crafty.
>>
>>29968096
Yeah, nobles a shit.
>>
>>29967130
I'd like to know more abore Tea. Ask if that was they hit it off. And about the peels. Aren't they edible? I know lemon peels are. Some thinly sliced lemons, honey and tea makes a nice snack. Or just eating a plain lemon.

>>29967152
But not too negative. Maybe comment on how that was most likely annoying as rotting peels would have attracted insects.

>>29968125
Yeah but they're the most kinky.
>>
>>29967165
This, >>29968096, and a little bit of >broken inside. Otherwise she wouldn't have her own tulpa/stand.
>>
>>29968246
I would say Etherwing is her stand then a tulpa if we saw her hovering behind paper when he was reading the menu.
>>
File: b9c97e0293f32d050dd30273ebdcde09.jpg (456KB, 1593x1198px) Image search: [Google]
b9c97e0293f32d050dd30273ebdcde09.jpg
456KB, 1593x1198px
WHISE FWOM YOR GWAVE
bump
>>
>>29968758
It's beautiful.
>>
>>29968758
>I live again.
>>
>>29967130
>What does Etherbreeze feel about her uncle being am asshole apparently?
Unsurprised.
>>
>>29969577
Which side does her uncle take from? If it's from hee mothers side then it should come to as no big suprise.
>>
>>29969617
The >Spoiled Rich side of the family.
>>
>>29969617
>>
>>29967130
How much is 50 erf bucks in pegabucks? >>29970727
>>
>>29967130
>>29970893
>>29970919
>>29970926
>>
Hijacker doodled an Etherbreeze. What a dandy dood.
>>29931285
Eyup, mother's side. Shirebreeze married up.

>>29969617
>>29968144
>>29967465

[Socialize - Perfect Success]

> As a filly, you had been told that you uncle was a sickly, but kind man.
> Being a bit more cautious than others, you don't immediately discard that image at the whim of a single story.
> But as you gently push the conversation forward, it becomes clear your family at best was merely telling you white lies.

> Your uncle was a slovenly jerk.
> Not only that, he reveled in the fact his servants hated his messy attitude.
> He would constantly berate them on the tidiness of the house, only to take short naps in various beds.
> Or serve the messiest of finger foods.
> Or leave windows open durring a storm.
> The list of stories that your aide gave you made it quite clear that your uncle had a sky-high cruel streak.

Etherbreeze: "Did you ever do any work for him yourself?"

> You ask, hoping to nudge the conversation to him and his wife.
> His sudden silence however caught you by surprise, as he averts his gaze with a suddenly dour expression.
> Two parts of you panic at once.
> One, because you might have ruined your chance to find out more about Paperbloom and his motivations.
> The other, because you might have just hurt someone you'd like to think of as a friend.
> It was rare that those two parts would be mutual in their feelings, but now that they were you felt the heat of panic rise in your chest.

Etherbreeze: "I... I'm sorry, I didn't mean t-"

> Before you can apologize however he smiles (though somewhat morosely) and continues as if he never turned away from you
>>
File: ss+(2017-04-28+at+05.23.09).jpg (108KB, 733x743px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-28+at+05.23.09).jpg
108KB, 733x743px
Forgot this.
>>
>>29971417
Is that it? I thought he was going to say something.
>>
>>29971563
I keep getting pulled away, but I'm working on the next post right now.
>>
Paperbloom: "... The first - and last - time I worked for him; It was roughly a month after Luna had returned and been given the dukedom of Hayseed, and he lazily decided to host a ball in celebration of her return."

> He grunts a bit as he says 'decied to host', a bitter tone dripping from his lips.

Paperbloom: "Balls take a great deal of planning. The food, the chefs, the entertainment, the invitations and security. They are a spectacle that any servant would dread regardless of how much time they had to plan. Whipwind only gave his ponies a week."

> His eye narrow, his breathing slowing as he recalls the memories in a calm seething anger.

Paperbloom: "I remember when one of the unicorn twins banged on my door, at a forsaken hour of the night. They didn't mince words as they usually did, they just announced that I was being hired to coordinate the events and threw a bag of bits on my doorstep."

> You raised an eyebrow at this.

Etherbreeze: "You didn't even ask them what it was about?"

> He shakes his head.

Paperbloom: "She didn't even give me time to; She was gone as soon as the bits hit the ground. It didn't matter though, back then —before Luna's presence got rid of some slack the nobles had been using— money was always short in the winter months. So I took the money, and had a headache for the next week."

> Dealing with your uncle apparently was like dealing with a self-shuffling stack of papers.
> Getting him to elaborate on what he wanted was like walking on eggshells.
> He'd also frequently change his mind, always right after a servant finished what he had wanted previously.
> Infact, it seems that was something he really enjoyed was making his ponies rush about always on edge.
> Eventually his story finds its way to the night of the ball itself.
>>
>>29967130
>Uncle is literally whycantiholdalltheselimes.jpg
>>
>>29971856
B-but what about the bucks I found?
>>
>>29971936
They worth nothing because they are not pegabucks.
>>
>>29971856

Paperbloom: "By the time the ball came around, everyone had been run dry. Yet we had some how managed to cobble everything together, and the nobles slowly trickled in while we tried to catch out breathes before the ball proper started."

> He taps his seat with a hoof.

Paperbloom: "Everyone was prepared thirty minutes before the ball itself started, dressed and prepped to do our usual roles. The twins were outfitted for serving, Tea and Leaf Rack had their aprons on for cooking, and so forth. Then comes in Whipwind with a smile on his face, and he hands me a piece of paper before leaving."

> You swear he almost hisses, almost.

Paperbloom: "The paper told me to reassign everyone to different roles. Tea and Tall Order — The usual coat checker — were to be serving; one of the Twins and Solid Shine — who was essentially a janitor, he cleaned the marble throughout the mansion — were to cook; and the other twin and Leaf Rack were to handle coats and luggage. I however was given free time, specifically to visit with guests as a reward for my 'good work'."

> You couldn't help but blink in bemusement.
> The absurdity of what Paperbloom was saying made your head hurt.
> Knowing that you were related to such a pony made you cringe.
> Why would somepony willing risk their reputation just to torment their servants?

Paperbloom: "Despite the confusion and anger, everyone managed to do a passable job. The cooks gave some last minute tips to their replacements, the new coat checker was given a heads up about a bad coat rack, and together they managed to keep things working. The Ball was amazingly despite all attempts to ruin it, a success. I actually found myself in the middle of it, enjoying myself as Whipwind shuffled up in-front of the crowd to announce the arrival of Princess — and Duke — Luna."

> The anger, for just a moment, slides off of Paperblooms face.

Paperbloom: "I remember how Tea was aglow, seeing the Princess walk in to the room."
>>
>>29971428
Nice.
>>
File: 1493179411112.png (6KB, 514x467px) Image search: [Google]
1493179411112.png
6KB, 514x467px
>>29971955
>>
>>29972035
WOW. This is just giving us more reason to hate most everyone on our moms side of the family. I wonder what are Etherwings thoughts on this.
>>
>>29972035
Paperbloom: "For a moment, as his speech for Luna began, I thought maybe he was just wildly eccentric. I remember smiling as Tea began filling up a pitcher full of wine and Tall Order passed out cups to all the guests. The speech was well-written, and found myself nodding along with it, like all the other nobles. Princess Luna of course was the first to be served wine."

> His face goes dour again.

Paperbloom: "Tea was completely serene, being able to walk up to Luna, to be in her personal presence. It was the world to her. She curtsied the Princess as she had in her childhood dreams, and the Princess — amused that someone still knew the old ways of etiquette — returned the gesture. Then with the grace of a swan Tea tilted the pitcher forth and the wine came out-"

> Again Paperbloom's face contorts, but it is more of pain then anger.

Paperbloom: "Missing Luna's chalice entirely it spilled all over her gown, forming a puddle at her feet. The entire room went quiet, the orchestra stalled, and the only thing we could hear was the ominous drippings from the Princess' dress... and even she, a princess and master of poise, was left looking dumbfounded. The only thing that moved then was Tea, who nearly shook herself apart... I remember how red her face got, how wet her cheeks were. When the silence became to great to bear, she dropped the pitcher and ran."

> Your aide's emotion betray his attempts to maintain a semblance of stoicism, as his voice begins to raise and he starts to tear up himself.

Paperbloom: "I was an idiot and just stood there as she ran past me and out the door, my head spinning from what I had just saw. I didn't even chase after her; I just slipped into the grand hall's storage room to get away... I."

> Paperbloom is shaking, his breathing accentuated with sniffles from his own tears.
> You almost say something to calm him, but as your mouth opens he slams his hoof down frustrated at his trouble forming words through his own tears.
>>
Paperbloom: I didn't even realize she tried to kill herself until Leaf Rack found me passed out in corner of the hall's storage with a half-bottle of brandy."

> Whatever bit of composure he had inside of him broke, and he started sobbing uncontrollably into his hooves.

Paperbloom: "I loved her, I only accepted the job so I could find out if she felt the same. I wanted to be her stallion and instead of looking after her I just pissed myself in some corner! She almost died and I did nothing. I. He drilled holes in that damn pitcher, I saw it with my own eyes when she dropped it. If I had found her... If I had told her before she got to those knives, I could have stopped her. I."

> His words turn to gibbering that soon disappears into the cries of someone reliving their own hell.
> Yet you can't help feeling uneasy.

Etherwing: "And you should."

> You're other half, having sat above Paperbloom on thin air, turns over to rest on her belly and look at you.
> The world grows darker, and the sobs of Paperbloom seem to disappear along with time.

Etherwing: "I guess we know where you got your talents from then."

[Composure - Minimal Success]

Etherbreeze: "W-what? What's that supposed to even mean... I'd never do anything like that, I'd never manipulate someone like that."

> She smiles at that, and throws a glance to Paperbloom, almost curled up in his chair and crying.

Etherwing: "If not manipulation, what is it you've been doing?"

> She doesn't spell it out for you, nor does she need to.
> You feel the accusation rip open your mind and bring the truth to the front.
> She's right.
> Your little motions and words, you haven't been talking to him at all.
> You were talking to him, so that he might benefit you.
> Even if you had no intent to hurt him, you denied him his equinity.
> You used him as an object.
> Etherwing, apparently satisfied with you conclusion, dissipates and time once again flows.
> Leaving you with the gibbering mess of a pony infront of you.
>>
>>29972479
Give him a hug. We might've manipulated him, but it wasn't for sadistic pleasure. Our uncle was a monster and we needed to find out sooner rather than later.
>>
>>29972119
this is why genocide is ok
>>
>>29972479
What an asshole.
>>
> You were talking to him, so that he might benefit you.

This should read

> You were talking at him, so that he might benefit you.

Sorry for the typo
>>
>>29972479

Even after he's kicked the bucket, we're still stuck wiping our uncle's ass and cleaning up his mess. We need to make it right with Paperbloom and Tea for their sakes; and to restore our honour.
>>
>>29972479
Wow, these Nightpact take Luna WAY too fukkin seriously. Suicide?

Anywho, comfort him. There's no way he could have know what she would do.
>>
>>29972672
I dunno, humiliating yourself as a servant, to some of the most important nobles in the land, after being driven to the brink by stress and intentional 'bad planning'... I think suicide might not sound so bad.
>>
>>29972479
>Etherwing: "I guess we know where you got your talents from then."
You too, since we both almost ruined an innocent pony's life too at the practicum.
>>
>>29972697
Don't engage with her. Etherbreeze will only loose her cool.
>>
Can someone summarize what happened with her uncle? I'm not sure I'm actually understanding it or not.
>>
>>29972789
He was an ass, got sick and died, now we own all his shit.
>>
>>29972835
I meant, with paperbloom and tea and stuff.
>>
>>29972890
He got off on lording over his subjects and fucking with them. You just read about how that turned out for Tea and Paperbloom. Even now, his sadism is casting a shadow on our reputation.
>>
>>29972076
This seems very appropriate given how Paperbloom just exploded
>>
>>29971428
A rare Ether.
>>
>>29972479
Oh she can go eat a rock. With Paperblooms conversation with those ponies, it left me feeling a bit cautious and paranoid.

Oh sure. The way we've been treading him has been unsavory. More so since we JUST learned of his tragic relations with Tea. Who the fuck does Etherwing think we are? Etherbreeze ain't her shitty mom.

Take a seat next to him and give him a shoulder to cry on.
>>
>>29972479
Hey Long Name GM. After we're done with Paperbloom crying and on the chance that he's a little more stable, can Etherbreeze ask Paperbloom where her uncle was buried if she didn't already know?
I think there's this ceremonial thing where you're supposed to pour your drink to honor the dead, or the spirits and gods. Libation they call it? Well I have my own variation. Once we have his location we'll collect our urine and dumb it on his grave. Fat bastard deserve this. For Paper, for Tea, for the other servants, and for being a fat fuck who left us with the fallout.
>>
>>29972479
We can talk with Ether later.

We might have manipulated him, but we have a chance to help him NOW.

Shove down that self-loathing and put your skills to work comforting Paperbloom.

BTW Qm: Damn back on the horse after I don't know how long and your batting tens with the feels.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePQKD9iBfU
>>
>>29973992
>>
>>29977021
>>
>>29978188
>>
>>29973244
You're not being serious, are you?
>>
>>29979781
What if I am?
>>
>>29980029
I would say that I do not agree with that course of action, as it would be pointless and is an improper thing to do, despite what a cruel bastard he was.
>>
>>29980065
Magic is real right? Then who's to say that the afterlife isn't? It's more symbolic than anything. Also, who cares it's improper? So long as nobody finds out or keeps their lips sealed.
>>
>>29980088
Still, it's distasteful and I would rather not even risk the chance of anybody knowing. Not to mention 'Wing would give us hell over it.
>>
>>29980120
Would she? Would she really?
>>
>>29980120
Know what else is distasteful? Causing a mare to attempt suicide.
>>
>>29980150
But he's dead already.

>>29980136
Any way she can bother us, she will. Guarantee.
>>
>>29980166
I think that's a good thing. It would mean she would be talking with us.
>>
>>29980208
She already talks to us.
>>
wait... If our mother's side of the family was the rich ones, and our dad married up...

That means our mother married down. She married dad for some reason other than personal gain... Does that mean she isn't a completely bad poner?

Why is this so complex weh
>>
File: 144562758498.jpg (50KB, 540x406px) Image search: [Google]
144562758498.jpg
50KB, 540x406px
>>29980503
why do you use the ENTER key so much, weh
>>
>>29980503
From what I remember dad was fuck-off rich, just to afford our magic tatts. Could be wrong tho.
>>
>>29980571
I think it was that he was well-connected enough that he was able to burn through most of his favors to get the tattoo person to do it.

Didn't mom say she fell in love with him because of how ambitious and lively he was? I guess if most of her relatives were shitters who were so dead inside they could only entertain themselves on the suffering of others that makes sense.
>>
>>29980627
> Mom is terrified dad will become like everyone else in her family since we 'killed his dream'.
> Dead inside
> No more dreams
> Only an emptiness waiting to be filled by some depravity or sadism.
>>
File: 7n3RBOs.jpg (136KB, 544x750px) Image search: [Google]
7n3RBOs.jpg
136KB, 544x750px
>>29972789
tl;dr He set up an entire ball, with some of the most influential ponies in the area, with a once-in-a-life time opportunity, just to humiliate a pony to the point of suicide despite the risk it held to his reputation.

>>29972672
>>29972688
It was a combination of her love and admiration of Luna, the incredible stress she had, and the amount of ponies in the room. Here's some math.

> Base composure TN was 30 for humiliating situation with a very large crowd
> +5 because it was involving a very influential pony
> +10 because she idolized Luna
> +5 because she was under incredible stress
> +5 because she it was witnessed by influential/important ponies
> +10 because she was the center of attention

So the final TN for remaining cool was TN 65, which would be a legendary TN. As a named NPC she probably has one point of Moxie, but probably spent it to make things come together for the event planning. She wasn't a particularly social pony, so she was probably rolling 4k2 or 5k3. With a moxie of one her dice could each explode once (if she spent a point of moxie, they could explode any number of times, but like I said she probably spent it during the planning phase)

So rolling 5k3 (lets give her the biggest dice pool), the most she could achieve on a perfect roll would be rolling 3 tens, and each reroll would be another ten, resulting in 20+20+20 for a roll of 60. A minor failure. The average roll is 24.5 with almost a 50% chance to roll that or less, meaning failure of more than 40 or more. She failed so hard that her mind broke harder than the pitcher she dropped.
>>
>>29981375
Can you stop try what ever your trying to fix?
This is like your third post.
>>
>>29981452
Sorry, I kept realizing I fucked up the math.

>>29981452
If we have any draw fags, I'd love to see a picture of Tea standing infront of a wine-soaked luna with the stares of Whipwind and the nobles bearing down on her. Or maybe of Paperbloom breaking down in his chair with Etherbreeze watching, and Etherwing overhead looking disdainfully at her other half.

>>29973319
>>29972520
>>29980065
>>29980120
Seems like the reaction is going to be to comfort him. What about the feels, about what happened and what Etherbreeze said? We could use some more depth about it.
>>
>>29981491
Etherbreeze feels bad for him.

Tell him that there's no way he could have known what she would do. Tell him that we will make it up to both of the somehow.
>>
> You feel your throat start to dry.
> Your uncle, he wasn't a sickly stallion.
> He wasn't a man with a mean streak.
> He — One of the most powerful members of your family, a man who had expanded the house's holdings— was a depraved monster.

> It suddenly made sense why you had such trouble finding any servants when you moved into your estate.
> Why the others had left as soon as he was dead.
> That time you spent incognito in the village, the only reason they were warm to you is because they hadn't actually met you.
> Had they actually come to your office, had they seen your face, you doubt they would have been so quick to play their board games with you...
> Except for Paperbloom.

> You know you should be suspicious of that.
> That you should doubt the sincerity of his loyalty.
> It would probably be wise to, but you don't want to.
> You want to believe in that story book character that truly believes in discarding the sins of the father — or in this case the the sins of the uncle.

[Empathy - Great Success]
[Influence - Success]

> You get up from your chair and slowly, hesitantly approach the crying stallion.
> Standing next to him, you almost hug him.
> But you feel that it wouldn't be right; he was humiliated by the experience himself and pity would not mollify him.
> Instead you kneel next to him, resting your head against the arm of his chair.

Etherbreeze: "I'm so sorry."

> You whisper quietly, just loud enough that he can hear you through his tears.
> Apologizing not for you uncle, but for your own disregard for him.
> Through his teary eyes he pauses from his convulsions to see you at his side.
> Then he rests his head against yours.
> To you — Not as a tool acknowledging its wielder
> Not as a slave submitting to its master.
> But as a friend.
---

Etherwing's relationship with you has improved
Paperbloom's relationship with you has improved.
>>
>>29981491
Feels bad man.

How dare someone do this to our servantfriend

Also mad, fuck our uncle with a rusty drainpipe.
>>
>>29981491
Can we destroy his gravestone, where ever he been berried at?
>>
>>29981769
I never thought anypony could be that cruel.
>>
>>29981769
Now what?

>>29981817
No. Just leave it be. Focus on the present and future, on fixing his mistakes and mending the relationships to our name instead of pissing on his grave and destroying his headstone.
>>
>>29982006
Why not?
How about we force his soul to head straight to hell where he is forever torture by every demons there?
>>
Behold a short post.

> The moment lingers for a moment longer, as Paperbloom's composure returns to him.
> Then a knock comes at the door.

"Dinner Service for Lady Etherbreeze~"

> The voice is jarringly cheery, in contrast to the somber air in the booth.
> Banishing his tears with a wipe and shake of the head, Paper starts to stand up.
> His legs however betray that he is still a bit off center from his recollection.
> You could get the door for him, or you could let him.

Prompt: So what do. Let him get the door or do it yourself?
>>
>>29982056
Check if we are actually feeling more composed than him first.

We can get it this time. Its answering the door no need to read into it.
>>
>>29982021
If there if a pony hell I sincerely doubt he isn't already there.
>>
>>29982056
Lets get it for him. Just this once. He's in no condition right now to get it.
>>
>>29982056
Thanks, Anonymous.
>>
>>29982212
(This was me, sorry)

> You stand up and walk over to the door yourself, giving Paperbloom a pat on the shoulder.
> He looks up at you, and after meeting your eyes sighs and sits down again, tired still from his outburst.
> Opening the door is simple enough, and the dinner server stands on the other side, her hoofs on the food cart with two large covered plates.

Server: "Good evening Lady Clearsky. I have your order for two Sunsorian Salads here. Would you like me to set up your table?"

> You shake your head, using your magic to pick up the plates.
> You don't think it'd be wise to have another pony in the booth right now.

Etherbreeze: "That won't be neccessary. Thank you for the service."

> With a smaller bit of magic, you pull out two pits and place them on the serving cart.
> The mare smiles and nods.

Server: "Thank you my lady. Please enjoy your meal."

> She pockets the tip before closing the door and presumably returns to the kitchen.
> As for you and Paperbloom, you silently eat your dinners at the table.
> The rest of the night is quiet; Paperbloom starts reading the book he left on the endtable again, and you lay in bed thinking.
> You feel Etherwing hovering about, somewhere, but she seems content to just watch you as you sleep.
> It's odd, but you don't have the energy to be suspicious right now.
> Instead you drift asleep as the train continues on its way to Canterlot.
>>
>>29982261
Does Ether dream of electric sheep?
>>
>>29982261
>>29982405
Ether dreams of being captain of the Wonderbolts
>>
>>29982689
Or fighting alongside the pegasi heroes of old epic tales.
>>
>>29983163
Or being in a lovely relationship with a pegasus.
>>
or about eating someone's cutie mark and really enjoying it and doing it nonstop cuz shes a bad pony
>>
>>29983904
God damnit Etherwing, stop posting and go make up with your sister.
>>
File: angry wing.png (12KB, 506x514px) Image search: [Google]
angry wing.png
12KB, 506x514px
>>29983920
Make me fgt. I got wings.
>>
>>29986114
You can't just shitpost your problems away, Etherwing.
>>
>>29986374
I sure as hell can try
>>
>>29982261
>nb4 we eventually help Paper get back with his gurl
>>
>>29987946
He still is with his girl I think, she was just upset he was going to miss their Alternate-Moon Sleepover Dream Party Extravaganza
>>
>>29987977
Oh. Then we can help him fuck her better. Nothing like another woman to tell you what you're doing wrong in bed.
>>
>>29988059
We are saving ourself for a pegasus, we can't just throw that away.
>>
>>29988291
Who said anything about fucking him? I'm saying a mare eould know her body better then a stallion.
>>
File: sylveonhang.png (132KB, 560x800px) Image search: [Google]
sylveonhang.png
132KB, 560x800px
Sorry guys, no updates tonight. I didn't sleep at all yesterday and after work... I just feel like shit.
>>
>>29989108
Cool, so when is the next update?
>>
>>29989323
Tomorrow hopefully
>>
>>29989108
I know how you feel.
>>
>>29989108
What a depressing picture. feel better soon m8
>>
>>29989338
>In before Paperbloom faps to Ether in her sleep.
>>
>>29991496
>>
>>29990422
>horse Shinji Ikari
>>
File: lemon hearts sad.png (44KB, 169x187px) Image search: [Google]
lemon hearts sad.png
44KB, 169x187px
>>29989108
>>
>>29994172
I'm still feeling ill (actually a bit worse) but I have a doctors appointment today so that's nice. I'll make sure to make a post after that.
>>
>>29994855
The sickness will continue until you give Etherbreeze wings.
>>
>>29994878
How many Pegabucks do we have right now?
>>
>>29994927
50 so far. I don't think Long Name thought we'd take pegabucks so seriously.
>>
>>29994942
I say we invest them in a diversified mutual fund to try and speed up accretion. Wing economics.
>>
File: 1367031086248.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1367031086248.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
>>29994942
Pretty sure it doesn't matter. We'll never get the 1,999,950 pegabucks we need to get 2 wings.

Maybe if we make more fan art he'll reward us with pegabucks
>>
>29994961
If only my drawing skills would improve.
>>
File: gryphon merchant.jpg (83KB, 504x566px) Image search: [Google]
gryphon merchant.jpg
83KB, 504x566px
>>29994961
Don't worry, compound interest is magic.
>>
>>29982261
>> With a smaller bit of magic, you pull out two pits and place them on the serving cart.

We gave him cherry pits as a tip.
>>
Is Ether still a virgin?
>>
>>29995171
>Here we see the Griffijew in its natural bit loving habitat.
>>
File: 1490824661664.jpg (70KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1490824661664.jpg
70KB, 1000x1000px
This shitty thread somehow got past my CYOA filter, welp, I missed this feeling, it's been ages since the last time I felt triggered
>>
>>29995839
Dude, what kind of filter do you have? Why not just /cyoa/i?
>>
>>29995382
Unless she got laid in between the flashback and now, yes. Winterbeat said she had dated enough pegusi to have a "type" though.
>>
>>29995839
see
>>29930737
>>
File: etherbump.jpg (163KB, 1343x573px) Image search: [Google]
etherbump.jpg
163KB, 1343x573px
>>
> The rest of the train trip is uneventful.
> Etherwing seems content to stay... wherever it is she stays, and Paperbloom has no further meetings with Glister and the mystery mare.
> Unfortunately the lack of distractions only makes your arrival at Canterlot come that more quickly.
> You're aide however — having become slightly more casual with you since his break down — seems awed by the sight of the royal castle as the train twists and turns about the mountains.
> He has the window opened and everything, leaning out to get a view of the city on the mountain.

Paperbloom: "Lady Etherbreeze, this is amazing! It's so much better than any picture!"

> His voice is muffled somewhat by the rushing wind, but his excitement is clear.
> This is the first — and thus magical — visit to home Equestria's most influential.
> If it weren't on such pressing maters, you might consider humoring his curiosity (it had only been five months since you moved away, so you were sure you'd still make a good guide).
> For now though you just let him enjoy the scenic approach as you ponder your next moves.

> Twilight (or someone acting on her behalf) would hopefully be at the station to find you.
> What you found out about the visit would no doubt prompt your next decisions.
> Fun things such as: where to stay; where to go; what to research; who to talk to.
> ... And whether or not you want to see Oswaltz again.
> It could be nice meeting with him but...
> Given how much you changed in the five months since you've seen him, and the fact he had to deal with a brutal inheritance...
> He might not even be the same pony anymore.
---
Prompt: What are Etherbreeze's thoughts and plans and contingencies? Is she still nervous about Twilight, and if so how much? As always, if you have something to say that the prompt doesn't talk about, go ahead and say it!
>>
>>29996711
If I remember correctly twilight was pretty immediately likeable and nice to us. We should be polite but hold the nervousness.
>>
>>29996711
Well finding a place to stay won't hurt, unless twilight give us a guest room in the castle.
>>
>>29996711
Keep your cool Ether. There's no way she sensed the dark magic all those months ago. If she had she would had done something about it then.

But on the chance that she is aware of it, then she must have something planned. I doubt anything malicious.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but a mere thousand words cannot describe something as magnificent as this, no?
>>
>>29996711
>Oswaltz
I'be completely forgotten who that is. Anywho business first, fun later. Let's get what needs done done.
>>
>>29996711
I wonder what happened to the douche cannon that almost lost his whole cutiemark.
>>
>>29997010
Oswaltz I believe was a friend of ours that was in the same magic school as us, who got the short end of the stick when it came to inheritance from a family member.
>>
>>29997053
From our or his own family?
>>
>>29997071
His own, of course.
>>
>>29997083
Damn. That sucks. We should go pay him a visit and see how he's holding up.
>>
>>29997053
I think the other pony... something to do with blue in her name... She had to wrangle with her other siblings over the family fortune since her parents were non-nobles but super rich business ponies.
>>
File: QBYY1908.png (90KB, 1406x933px) Image search: [Google]
QBYY1908.png
90KB, 1406x933px
>>29997010
Guy on the right. His talent is SPICY DANCING.
>>
>>29997533
> Milk
> It's just a fucking glass of milk
> Her cold, souless eyes scan the world for the only thing that gives her happiness
> Milk
>>
>>29996711
Etherbreeze should steel herself for broaching the issue of Etherwing with Twiggy as per >>29931559 >>29936622 >>29937235

And if Oswaltz has trouble, then what he needs is a friend.
>>
>>29997840
We just got Etherwing to talk to us a bit without insulting us non-stop. Maybe we should ask what she wants too.
>>
>>29997854
Good idea.
>>
>>29997840
Let's fucking not do that. What's the point of trying to talk to Etherwing if we're going to eat her out?

And don't forget about the dark magic. Etherbreeze has as much to blame.
>>
>>29999488
>>
>>29997533
Who are they?
>>
>>30000886
Friends from school. We met them in the flashback of doom.
>>
>>29997533
How maybe Pegabucks is this worth?
>>
File: my wings are full of helium.jpg (436KB, 926x1828px) Image search: [Google]
my wings are full of helium.jpg
436KB, 926x1828px
>>30001071
If we can get pegabucks for previously made art then I'm sitting on a fortune.
>>
>>30001170
You're right. Long Name owes us a lot of pegabucks for all the old fan arts.

>>29996711
WHERE'S OUR MONEY NIGGA!
>>
>>30001208
I'm pretty sure most of it is on anonpone so it's already available and won't count. He might give us some pegabucks for trying hard though!
>>
>>30001234
Think he'll accept green text?
>>
>>30001252
We can try!
>>
File: 1492717331794.jpg (40KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1492717331794.jpg
40KB, 500x456px
>>30001071
>>30001170
>>30001208
I'll give you 3 pegabucks for a good try, but >>30001234 is right, if it's on Anonpone it's not really new content.

>>30001252
Go for it

>>29997840
One for spilling the beans and spaghetti

>>29997854
>>29997922
>>29998403
Three for keeping it in the pockets

>>29997052
You could try and find out if you get any free time and want to spend it looking around for what happened to him

>>29996881
She's most certainly give you a guest room in the castle, but you might be seen as cheap if you accept that offer since you have more than enough money to get nice room at a luxiourious hotel (though probably not the super awesome giganta-suite, because those cost as much as Canterlot jewlery and shit, and the money from rain sales (and the taxes there of) haven't come in yet).

>>30000886
https://www.anonpone.com/longname/26067264#navbar
Ignore the old name I gave uncle, it's now Whipwind because that's much more fitting for him.
>>
>>30001334
Hotel but-we're-not-getting-the-super-luxury-suite it is then!
>>
>>30001334
Then again, who would turn away a gift from one of the princesses?
>>
>>30001334
I don't understand the pic.
>>
>>30001403
We are all exchanging (You)s

>>30001375
>>30001399
Couldn't we also stay with Oswaltz? Also, is Tulip Blue and Oswatlz's cutiemark cannon, or just what the drawfag made as a joke?
>>
Ether needs some hot monkey dick.
>>
>>30001399
It more if we ask twilight for a room in the castle that would make it seem we don't have money to stay in a hotel.
>>
>>30001437
Nobles spend money just to show they have money. I'm pretty sure lodging is the same thing...

Also we are supposed to be keeping this meeting a secret right? Staying with Twilight would draw attention to us.
>>
>>30001334
We could stay at a hotel, or we could stay with one of our friends. You know the thing we have now.

We should see Oswalt, at least pop in.

Milk... Eyes... *shudder*

You guys remember that these tattoos have to be removed by LAW once they start acting up right? I know twilight loves her some knowledge, but I think shes also a very legally minded pony.
>>
File: Scoobymad.jpg (31KB, 400x435px) Image search: [Google]
Scoobymad.jpg
31KB, 400x435px
>>30001471
> Removing Etherwing
How 'bout you remove yourself?
>>
>>30001471
I bet Twilight is a major hypocrite. With all the arcane knowledge she has, she must have some dark secrets she hurried somewhere.
>>
>>30001471
>>30001485
I think he's say we should hide tame fact that there's something up with our tattoos. Not tell people that there's something wrong. Especially not Twilight.
>>
>>30001486
That's great and all, but unless we know that for counter leverage, is meaningless.
>>
>>30001334
>>30001375
>>30001399
>>30001437
So asking Twilight for lodging will make us seem poor, but what if she asks us if we would like a room at the castle?
>>
>>30001471
She is the princess of friendship, and this is a friendship problem. Plus she isn't a murderer, so I doubt she would want them removed if she knew Etherwing was sentient.

>>30001334
My vote is also for telling, but I agree with >>29997854 that we shouldn't make any decisions about telling or not until we talk it over with Etherwing.
>>
>>30001512
Etherwing might not be a pony to Twilight though. She might just be a crazy malfunction that needs to be removed, not a friend in help.

>>30001507
If she asked us I guess we should accept

Also where are those greens, I want pegabucks damit
>>
>>30001334
>Three for keeping it in the pockets

I am so happy right now I could cry
>>
>>30001548
Well, two for keeping it in pockets and one for asking Etherwing. Plus with my vote it's two for spilling also. So 2-2 tie and no resolution. Same as always.
>>
>>30001334
I rather keep it in the pockets then to spill the beans
>>
>>30001576
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMkrk2MJYrg
>>
>>30001590
Assuming this is a new vote then 3-2 for waiting on revealing anything.

>>30001597
I know. It's Longname though. Split playerbases and giant arguments are integral parts of what makes it what it is.
>>
>>30001334
Hotel and keeping the secret.
>>
>>30001637
I agree. Another vote for getting a hotel and keeping the secret, at least for now.>>30001637
>>
>>29998403
>What's the point of trying to talk to Etherwing if we're going to eat her out?
>eat her out

Damn anon, I didn't know we were planning on lewding Etherwing.
>>
>>30001888
You know damn well we are.
>>
... I fell asleep at my computer. I wanted to do some posts before work... But I think I'm going to be calling out from work instead.
>>
>>30002044
rest well sweet QM
>>
>Implying not spilling the beans isn't just going to exacerbate the situation
This is going to turn out just like a show episode.
>>
>>30003812
Nobody is saying NEVER spill the beans. Just not yet. Clearly we will need help at some point, but we should wait until we know Twilight better and have patched things up with Etherwing a bit first.
>>
Hello, my name is edge lord, and this is the second edgiest cyoa on the citadel.
>>
>>30004648
*third
You forgot the absolute edgefest that is Broken Hearts.
>>
>>30004658
That's childhood angst, not teenage angst. So it doesn't count.
>>
>>30004688
Don't you remember that time that Cuddle feasted on the souls of the damned? Pretty edgy desu senpai.
>>
>>29996711

> Though you can't help but smile at Paperbloom's enthusiasm, your mind races just ahead of the train as it approaches the Canterlot station.
> Lodging being your primary concern.
> It was certainly a possibly that Twilight would personally invite you to the castle, given her previous enthusiasm for you.

> Barring that though, you were loath to request hospitality.
> Doing so would no doubt become public knowledge which would be bad for two reasons.
> One, it'd make you seem poor to do so.
> Second it'd draw attention to the fact you were visiting twilight, which you probably wanted to avoid doing.

> Thankfully — even though the rain taxes haven't come in yet — you're wealthy.
> That means that you'll have no problem affording accommodations worthy of your station.
> With a nod, you pull out a small notebook from your steamer and begin writing.
> It's not that you couldn't remember things but you just found writing to be a good way to jostle your brain.
>>
>>30005259
> The Hotel 2020 was a picturesque hotel, its name a reference to perfect vision.
> It's owners believed the original architect was a genius, and the aesthetics of the place are so good that many are inclined to agree.
> It was by far the most expensive hotel in town but also the most prestigious.
> A double suite would be the most you could afford, but even single rooms were luxurious at the 2020.
> Staying at the 2020 would neither seem out of place or conspicuous.

> The Moxie was another choice.
> Less of a noble retreat and more of a hotspot, the Moxie was as much a club as it was a hotel.
> Known for its cold drinks and hot jazz, it was a highly exclusive club for the creme of all crops (not just nobles).
> Comming here would probably give the impression you were wanting to rub hooves with the best of the best build your network.
> That would help conceal your actual reasons for being here, but since you were so young might make you seem to be an upstart as well.

> The Colta Rican was another popular hotel, known for its lively parties and live music.
> It's exotic food was also a selling point.
> It was much more moderately priced, but their master suite would not make you look poor for sure.
> Unlike the Moxie though, the Colta Rican had a much more laid back reputation.
> It was frequented by nobles and debutantes alike who wanted a fun but relaxed escape from their lives.
> Staying here would make moving about the town easy (since you'd be sight seeing), but mght reflect badly on you.
> You've only been at it for five months after all, and most nobles wouldn't know or care that you spent them neck deep in paperwork.
>>
>>30005263
Pfffffffttttttt

Decisions decisions

2020 I suppose, neither upsides nor downsides.
>>
>>30005263
Playing it safe with 2020 sounds good.
>>
>>30005326
It is the most expensive though.
>>
>>30005263
I think we should go with the Colta Rican. Interesting Food is good yes.
>>
>>30005263
Eh fuck it Colta Rican it is.
>>
>>30005263
>Colta Rican ... but might reflect badly on you
Okay no to that.
>2020 ... by far the most expensive
Okay no.
> Moxie ... might make you seem to be an upstart
That's least bad. I vote Moxie.
>>
>>30005263
Moxie. We're new, young, and networking is to be expected.
>>
>>30005263
I'm voting for the Moxie just because it seems like rh2 cheapest. Maybe we'll even meet some cool new people.
>>
>>30005941
*it seems like the cheapest
>>
>>30005263
Let go to the moxie. It a great place to go to; we are young, new and we need something to keep the noises noble from knowing why we are really here.
>>
>>30001252
Still waiting for those greens. We need those pegabucks.
>>
>>30005326
>>30005338
Two for 2020

>>30005348
One for the Colta Rican

>>30005464
>>30005598
>>30005941
>>30006796
Four for the Moxie

It looks like we're going to Canterlot to make a name for ourselves. Nothing unusual like meeting with the Princess for anything secret.
>>
>>30007661
What if we hire to fat prostitutes to have sex with each other?
>>
>>30007740
Totally should do that.
>>
>>30007740
Drop the word fat and we have a deal. They both have to be pegusi though. We have needs.
>>
>>30007788
What would that even look like?

I'm just fascinated by this idea. It's absurd, but I'm very curious about it.
>>
Like just take notes as it happens and write a novel about it. A scientific research.
>>
>>30007740
What the fuck even is this conversation
>>
>>30008054
Angsty transpegasus sexual repression.
>>
>>30008054
It's genius in the making...
>>
>>30008054
Some group of anons who is despite for lewd.
>>
>>29930729
what
>>
>>30005263

> As the train finishes its final twist before the straightway to Canterlot station, you twirl your pen.
> Both the refinement of the 2020 and the exotic foods of the Colta Rican spoke to you.
> But on a impersonal level, The Moxie simply made more sense.
> The 2020 would do nothing to help you build a coverstory, and the Colta Rica built the wrong kind.
> You snap shut your notebook and toss it into your saddlebag.
> If gossip was anything to listen to, then by the end of the night you were going to be quite the young mover.
---

> The hiss of steam and squealing of brakes marks the end of your train adventure.
> Paperbloom had retreated from the window after train entered the station proper, gathering his things up for a quick retreat once leaving was possible.
> You shared his desire to be one of the first ones out, possibly evading the passengers from coach.
> You take your steamer truck in tow telekinetically, while he takes his smaller suitcase onto his back.
> Then it happens.

Conductor: "Last stop, Canterlot Statio-"
>>
>>30012013

> She might as well have said "AND THEIR OFF".
> You and Paperbloom step out of your booth, only to be caught between other riders who were even in more haste than you.

[Athletics (Beat the Crowd) - Minimal Success]

> A flurry of hoofs and headbumps blur into a mess of apologizes and strewn luggage a pony-wave of fillies and colts run into you.
> While some of the bumps are painful, you manage to keep your steamer case above the mess and keep standing.

[Reaction (Quick + Savvy) - Perfect Success]
[Telekinesis - Minimal success]
[Exhaustion - Minor Failure]

You have taken one point of exhaustion damage. All strenuous activities are at one less dice rolled until you are rested..

> Paperbloom however is thrown to the ground by the stampeding children, his suitcase thrown in the air.
> Before the case hits the ground however you manage to grab it as well.
> Though the sudden impromptu extension of your telekinesis hits you with a cold sweat.
> Still, the contents are safe.
> The young ponies are quick to apologize once they organize themselves, but otherwise disappear as quickly as they came.
> You follow suit and despite the set back manage to get out of the train before the rest of the passengers.

> The station itself is every bit as busy as you remember it, hundred of ponies milling about to and from their stations.
> A quick glance around at the many chauffeur reveal a distinct lack of your name.
> Which means the princess was going to contact else were...
> Without any other reason to be in the chaotic station, you pull a partially awestruck Paperbloom through the station and into the streets of Canterlot.
---
Prompt: What does Etherbreez think of those kids? What about Paperbloom being amazed at all the ponies in the station? Do you want to go check into the Moxie immediately, or wait around somewhere to see if Twilight will contact you there? Something else?
>>
>>30012048
Why were there so many fillies and colts on the damn train? We're they on a field trip or do they just have irresponsible parents?
God I hate our mom sometimes. Whatever. Come on Paperbloom. Let's get ourselves checked in and maybe we can go sight seeing afterwards. Hey we could even get some souvenirs.
>>
>>30012048
I take it Paperbloom and Tea had never visited Canterlot before or is it just Paperbloom? And how are you doing after that thrashing those foal gave you?
>>
>>30012312
If I recall...

>>29946718
>> Passing by the various cabins you see and hear many things.
>> Even a bunch of fillies and colts excitedly looking forward to a Daring Do release party.
>>
>>30012048
Maybe we should wait for a bit longer to see if Twilight appears or until Bloom is ready to move on.

Is there an Upper and Lower Canterlot? I'm asking this because I'm wondering if there are poor ponies hiding behind the golden walls of this city.
>>
>>30012349
You could keep going, but you wouldn't mind taking it easy for an hour. You kinda pull your magic muscle saving Paperbloom's luggage.

>>30012363
There are some gutterponies, but slums don't exist in Canterlot. The local nobility do a great deal to keep homelessness a rare problem. Partially because it makes them look good. Partially because they don't want to face the wrath of the princesses. Those local charities are for the locals, by the way.

That said, illegal residency is a very serious crime in Canterlot. Visitors who stay more than a month have to pay a fine or leave. Those that can't afford either end up doing community service until they can pay for a train ticket out of the city. Thanks to Twilight though, there's been a move to try and get these vagrants situated to towns and cities with job availability. Many larger cities though are weary of accepting such ponies though so progress is slow.
>>
>>30012363
Are there any cafes near the station we can wait at? It'd give us some time to stretch out our magic-muscles.
>>
>>30012048
Well the kids are likely not around from here and are excited to go to the release party, so we should not hate them for enjoy something they like.
We should rest a bit till our magic muscle stop hurting.
>>
>>30012969
How so?
>>
>>30013658
Still. That was very rude of those little tykes. If I were Ether I would have been annoyed to high hell for that. Plus they trampled of Paperbloom.

She's not hurting right now, just exhausted.
>>
>>30012470
Huh. I wonder if we should consider hiring one. I could see some pro's and con's for hiring a homeless pony as part as our staff.

Pro:
-providing jobs for the homless
-it'll make us look good
-appeases our sense of morality / sympathy

Con:
- we can't hire them off the bat. We will need to interview them and look into their history to determine if we can do anything for them and vice versa.
-They're homeless for combination of reasons (drug abuse, alcohol abuse, gambling, debts, disowned, evicted from home, fired from job, etc.)
-they smell bad
-they could try to steal
-drink our wine

All in all I'd be interested in looking up the process of how the homeless are employed.
>>
>>30013926
Also homeless might not be mentally sound and could no afford to be placed in a mental institute.
>>
>>30012470
Do homeless/bum fights exist? Like people paying money to watch that?
>>
>>30013772
Stretch as in, stop the hurting from pulling it. I guess I should have said relaxed.

>>30013926
We should probably hold off on that til we find out what Twilight wanted us for.
>>
>>30012470
Good job princessing twighlight.

Lets take it easy, go see... Hm spike made a list didn't he...

Crown jewels, golden apple orchard, and donut joes.
>>
>>30014452
Nobles don't go to Donut Joe's. No matter how much the common folk say how much they enjoy it (unless we've been there before). Who's Crown Jewels and why go the an orchard?
>>
>>30014775
Princess Twilight goes there. It's probably famous by now.
>>
I believe, I believe QM will retuuuurn
>>
So... should we go to an expensive place or a less expensive place to stretch our wings a bit?
>>
>>30016501
I say we should go someplace normal, we might have unexpected expenditures later
>>
>>30016501
>stretch our wings
Only the finest place money can offer for our wings, which are definitely real and not fake and/or imaginary.
>>
>>30016582
>>30016603

Sooo... What kind of place? I'll give you guys ten more minutes. If the votes aren't conclusive then we'll ROLL.

1 - Fancy Bar
2 - High End Bar
3 - Dive Bar
4 - Fancy CAfe
5 - High End Cafe
6 - Starbucks (the pun rights itself. Coffee that bucks you!)
7 - Fancy Resturant
8 - High End Resturant
9 - Street Food
10 - Donut Joe's
>>
>>30017037
Fancy Cafe or Starbucks. I want to order some danishes or fresh baked goods.
>>
>>30017037
Fancy Cafe
>>
>>30017037
Fancy cafe.
>>
>>30017037
Paperbloom's cock
>>
>>30017061
>>30017072
>>30017086
>>30016603

> The air outside the station is like rolling around in clean sheets.
> No longer in the cramped milling of ponies, you arc you back and take a breath of the fresh(er) air.
> Or you would if you weren't so tired, instead you just give a long drawn out exhale.
> Paperbloom however seems no worse for wear.

> You could be angry about him almost dropping his suitcase, but you feel a bit too tired for that.
> Instead you walk down Mainstreet Equestria, looking for somewhere to wait.
> Both for Twilight or her aide, and to rest your body.
> Mostly ignoring Paperbloom's awe, you take a turn into a cafe.
> You didn't really look at the name, nor did you need to.
> The two marble statues outside and fully dressed staff told you that it was up to your standards.
> Paperbloom seems suprised to be pulled into the building however.

Paperbloom: "My lady, is it really a good idea to distract ourselves like this? We-"

> You feel something in your stomach.
> Not pain but just a growing frustration.
> You're tired.

Paperbloom: "-really should be checking a room at-"

> And he keeps going, and going.
> You start to regret being so friendly with him.
> First he screws up, giving you a horn ache.
> Now he's prattling on him your mother.

Paperbloom: "-The Moxie. We-"

[Composure - Great Success]

Etherbreeze: "No."

> You barely say, hardly a whisper.
> You weren't talking to Paperbloom, just to your own thoughts.
> You were just agitated, you need some rest.

Paperbloom: "... My lady?"

Etherbreeze: "Ah... Forgive me, I meant. No, we need to wait a bit longer, just incase any friends wish to see us."

> You set the trunk on the ground, and push it the rest of the way to an empty table.
> Paperbloom flushes slightly, realizing now how tired you were.

Etherbreeze: "Could you order something? Sweet preferably. And Cold?"

> Your aide nods, leaving his case with you as he approaches the barista.
>>
>>30017485

i love how short of a fuse Etherbreeze has. Good for her, not snapping at Paperbloom.
>>
>>30017485
Thank you Paperbloom
>>
>>30017485
Maybe we should have gone ahead. If were feeling this tired.

At least you didnt snap at him this time.
>>
Paperbloom: I really want to thank you, Lady Etherbreeze. I honestly would be walking around with a hoof in my mouth around here. I really appreciate the tips.

Etherwing: Investing in a tool or a friend... Either way it's good for us so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

[Paperbloom has increased his social skills]
[Paperbloom likes this]
[Etherwing likes this]

>>30017485

> You fall into your seat, making only a partial effort to sit quietly.
> You don't however let your head slide back, as much as you want to.
> Instead you just let your focus wane, waiting for the subtle ache in your horn to subside.
> The best way to describe the pain to someone who wasn't a unicorn was as a toothache in your head.
> Which is something you had to do often as a child; being terrible at magic meant you pushed yourself out of frustration far more than you should have.

Paperbloom: "Here you are, one Chroma Sensation."

> Your aide puts the glass in front of you before sitting down.
> You use your hooves rather than your magic to bring to cup closer.
> The liquid inside smells like a handful of fruit candy, shimmering polychromatically as you swish it about before taking a sip.
> It is as you would except from such an expensive place, a pleasant experience.
> You feel, if just for the moment, relaxed.

[You have recovered from your Fatigue. You no longer have a dice penalty]

> The hour goes by fairly quickly after that drink.
> You order some panninis, and chat.
> Mostly it's you answering Paperbloom's questions about how to act and talk in Canterlot.
> It inspires a bit of dejavu, as you had a similar conversation with the Academy's councilor when you first got here.

> Eventually the hour comes to a close however, the new one announced by the sounds of the Canterlot Clock Tower.
> No message from Twilight, or anyone working for her.

Prompt: What do now? How do you feel about not being contacted?
>>
>>30018136
Meh. Guess we should just go check into the Moxie. If she wants to contact us, she could always have Spike send us a message with his magic fire.
>>
>>30018136
Well the letter said us and other peers where invited. It didn't say anything about someone coming to pick us up when we got from the train station. So let go book at the hotel for now, then we can go to the castle later.
>>
>>30018136
Ah the life of a service mare. 90% sitting around waiting 10% blind terror.

Wasn't our dad military?
>>
>>30019000
Your father is part of a paramillitary order called the Skyshields. They are part secret society, part high-life club, and part swiss guard. Very prestigious and very well connected.

He lost any chance of becoming the grand master of the Order, but your father is still a member.
>>
>>30019207
That was me.
>>
>>30018136
Does Etherwing comment on the 'two fat prostitutes having sex' thought?
>>
>>30019309
Please no.
>>
>>30018136
Lets check in then.
>>
>>30018136
Not time to work yet means it's time for fun!
>>
I'll make a post after work today, so about 9 hours
>>
>>30022062
I hope you're ok
>>
>>30022062
Did you die on us?
>>
>>30026629
No, I just got kept at work late and was dead tired when I got home and couldn't really do much writing.

I'll get home earlier today so I'll be able to post.
>>
>>30027401
Lies. You died. I have your obituary right here. You ran out of HP and fainted and your trainer didn't have a revive.
>>
I wonder why Tea supposedly dislikes Ether. Is she afraid that the mistress will steal her man?
>>
>>30029671
>the mistress will steal her man
Well that and we are related to our uncle and he was a huge asshole to his servants.
>>
>>30029685
Well she should know better. Everyone on our mom's is a grade A asshole.
>>
>>30029855
Mommy is a good poner, she's just a very sad poner and doesn't deal with it well
>>
>>30029671
We don't actually know if Tea dislikes us. We just know that she was pissed that Paperbloom wasn't going to be with her for Wintergrass.
>>
>>30031758
How is she a good poner?
>>
>>30031777
She just wants dad to be happy again and is frustrated that it'll never happen.
>>
>>30031758
The flashback portrayed her in a bad light. Do you have any evidence to support your claim?
>>
>>30031784
Frustrated for around two decades? That does not seem very reasonable. Plus she slapped Ether. She said that she loves her husband, but not once have I seen her say the same for Ether.
>>
>>30031784
The problem is, we don't really know how our Father really feels. It very well could be he's dead inside like our mother said, or she could just be delusional, or somewhere in between.

>>30031801
She slapped Ether because Ether said she didn't love Shirebreeze. Given that she's apparently never struck us before despite her distaste is a good indication she cares deeply for him.
>>
>>30031815
Yes I'm aware that she loves Shire, but does she love Ether?
>>
>>30031758
Where's your evidence freeze hole? Her loving dad isn't good enough.
>>
I guess today was a killler too?
>>
>>30018136

> You stand up rather abruptly, putting your saddle back back on.
> Paperbloom also stands up, a bit unsure of your sudden movements.
> As soon as you grab hold of your steamer telekinetically however, any confusion he had is lost.

> If no one had come to greet you by now, then Twilight had no intention of meeting you on arrival.
> You weren't particularly saddened by this however.
> If anything, you were apathetic.
> It wasn't as if you were thrilled to see her; being a pen pal was stressful enough.

> As you step back outside, the traffic has thinned.
> Walking through the less crowded streets you can't help but noticed that Paperbloom's wide-eyed awe has thinned as well.
> He's still clearly enjoying the trip, just in a less embarrassing manner.
> It makes getting to The Moxie much easier., since you don't have to make sure he's not losing you.
> In all its a ten minute trip walking.

> On the approach, you are reminded how plain The Moxie is.
> Not that it's actually plain, but it is extreme generic in its design.
> What catches the eye —and ears— is the non-stop party that takes place both inside and on the balconies.
> Or rather, will catch them.
> Right now its fairly quiet, with several staff members busily cleaning windows and picking up trash from whatever happened last night.
> Paying them no mind, you enter.

> Upon entering the reception area, it's clear that banality stops at the exterior.
> The inside has been repainted to look like a forest at night, with a number of prop trees blending with the hyper-realistic images on the walls to create a surreal effect.
> Even the reception desk isn't spared, an actual gnarled stump stands square in the middle of the room, with the other reception paraphernalia hanging from a fake tree by black silk ribbons.
> On top of the reception stump sits a mare with a black lace dress on and a Timberwolf mask on, boredly polishing a bracelet.
>>
>>30033268
Time to check in.
>>
>>30033268

> You approach her.
> And wait a good five seconds before she tilts her head up, just barely enough to signal that she's looking at you.
> She says nothing though, and the mask covers up whatever her face might say in place of her voice.

[Ettiquette - Great Success]

> You return her silence, returning her passivity.
> Paperbloom seems rather sour at this, but after another ten seconds you hear the mare laugh ever so quietly.

Receptionist: "Welcome to The Moxie. I'd tell you it's an experience, but running from it first hand is much more fun. What can this spirit do for you today?"

> Her voice has a sing-song quality in it, with just a hint of predatory playfulness.
> You're sure it's just an act to go along with the theme, but it is very convincing.
> Barely, you can hear Etherwing's amusement at the whole thing.
> It a bit odd to feel that kind of thing from her, but a pleasant change.
> You yourself however, inquire about the different suites.

Receptionist: "It depends whether or not you want to revel with the spirits or not. All of our large suites are part of the party you see, and admission requires proper masks. Wouldn't want you or your cute little friend their to become prey after all."

> She makes an exaggerate erotic shudder at the mention of prey.
> You can't help but smirk at how Paperbloom shivers at the performance.
> You have to say, The Moxie is no less entertaining with its themes now as it was the one time you got to visit during your academy years.
> Back then it was a mockery of the Grand Gala, with the masks being parodies of famous ponies.
---

Large Suite + Mask: You'll have enough for food, and transport.
Small Suite + Masks : You'll have a good bit of money left, but won't be able to afford any large expenditures
Regular Room: You'll have plenty of money left
>>
>>30033355
What is the sleeping arrangements for the suites? We are NOT a couple after all so it'd be improper for us to share a room.
>>
>>30033355
Small Suite + Masks : You'll have a good bit of money left, but won't be able to afford any large expenditures

Dis.
>>
>>30033384
Small suite has one bed, a very spacious bathroom, a cooking area, and enough room to host a private party with 12 ponies.

Large suite has two beds, two bathrooms, full kitchen and bar stocked (on the house), and room for 20 ponies.
>>
>>30033403
So if we get a small suite, we'd also need to get a regular room and possibly another mask.
>>
>>30033431
That'd cost about the same together as just getting the large suite.
>>
>>30033446
Than we might as well get the large suite and have everything we'll need.
>>
>>30033446
>>30033461
A large suit or two regular rooms.

Two regular rooms will give us a bit of cash I think.
>>
>>30033446
unless Paperbloom wouldn't mind sharing the same bed 0w0. Just kidding! Or am I?
>>
>>30033446
So we have go buy the masks? Ok.
>>
>>30033575
Sorry. Mask. No clue if Paperbloom wants to be a part of the Moxie.
>>
>>30033578
He might want to hide.
>>
>>30033521
My vote is still for the large suite.
>>
>>30033581
Behind a mask or in his room?
>>
>>30033521
That is correct, you could get two regular rooms

>>30033702
Do you want Etherbreeze to ask him?
>>
>>30034189
Sure
>>
>>30034189
>nb4 Paperbloom fucks some slutty mare
>>
>>30035417
Tea cuck
>>
>>30033355
While I would like to be conservative with our cash I would hate to leave our personal aide out in the cold.
Thread posts: 498
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.