[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real Shit, do most of you guys really not like the show after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: 1474485245269.jpg (30KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474485245269.jpg
30KB, 640x640px
Real Shit, do most of you guys really not like the show after season 1? and if so, why the fuck are you still here if you hate it so much, just go.
>>
Most of us like stuff after season 1; the division is in the last good stuff s (2, 3, 5, still good seem to be the most popular opinions). There is one retarded faggot who doesn't like it after season 1 and he's been spamming threads and samefagging to make it look like he's not the only one.
>>
Fandom fans need to die, but it's like they say OP the empty can rattles the most, the most vocal haters of the show are the most frequent shitposters and the people who draw the most attention...anybody who's been watching the show for a long time now and paying attention to new episode threads on this board can clearly tell the majority of people do like the show and like new episodes while their is a smaller minority of shitposters who are hellbent on trash talking My Little Pony no matter what, but the people who like the show are far less vocal and annoying than the few who hate it

Empty can rattles the most
>>
>>29910435 This

We always get a few dedicated shitposters for any number of reasons. If we really didn't like the show anymore we wouldn't be coming here anymore.
>>
>>29910435
>>29910447
But can we disprove the rattlers? I really don't want to admit to being meme'd but since about late 2015 it's been a problem that should have caught the mods eyes by now.
>>
>>29910435
>>29910447
>>29910451
OP here
I just want you guys to know, that even though you think your show isn't as good now, it's still better than most of the cartoons on tv right now, so at least take solace in that.
>>
>>29910417
>do most of you guys really not like the show after season 1?
>Anyone not liking all the seasons
I'd rather enjoy my pastel colored horses while they're here before they vanish from my life forever. After all, once they do disappear I'll be able to re-watch more seasons than the faggots who only get to watch one season.
All the seasons where good.
Some more than others.

>>29910458
Mods shouldn't have to actively give a shit about shitposters. Even if some people genuinely don't like certain seasons, that's an opinion, and you shouldn't give a shit about someone's opinion unless you share it.

>>29910472
Not Sanurai Jack, though.
>>
File: Proof.png (23KB, 491x634px) Image search: [Google]
Proof.png
23KB, 491x634px
>>29910435
>why the fuck are you still here
To talk about season 1, of course. Reminder that Faust was what made FiM great, and everything after is written by people whose professional career it is to migrate and regurgitate plots between cartoon shows and not give a shit.
>>
>>29910458
Do you have any idea how many self hating people we come across? And that's not even including the people who already hate us for existing.
>>
>>29910417

Yeah, >>29910435 is pretty spot-on. I've been a vocal critic of many choices and directions the show has taken, and on the net whole I can't say I enjoy it as much as I used to. But to say "not enjoyed after Season 1" is a ridiculous exaggeration. There are still certainly episodes I enjoy, and I'm still watching because I'd still rather be pleasantly surprised and have another one added to my list of good episodes.

"Not liking the show after S1" is either that a very tiny group (possibly one samefag, though I can't prove) spamming, spouted by people as a strawman of what current-show critics allegedly believe, or just thrown around as a shitposting meme.
>>
Season 6 was not that bad.

A heretical opinion on /mlp/, but there. We got a homage to SPEED RACER, Rarity and why she needs decaf, zombie ponies, Flurry Heart, a candy raver pony we're all in love with, a pony who's a cross between Elvis and Colonel Tom Parker, a non-sentient threat to the Crystal Empire, and the renegade changeling, Thorax. That episode had all the feels.

That said, the Season 6 ending was clumsy, Dave Rapp's writing was a bit bland and sometimes cringey, and Big Jim Miller was having trouble keeping his shit together. So there's that.
>>
File: 1474380111626.png (110KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474380111626.png
110KB, 500x500px
OP again, I just made this thread to really guage people's actual feelings toward the show. ya see, i've been watching this show recently with my friend, right now, i'm on season 2, and i have to say that this is probably one of the best cartoons in the past decade, like it's great, the pink one is my waifu. I've been on mlp for years, but never really gave the show a try, i have to thank you guys for that. Also, you're probably the most shitpost-resistant board ever, like nothing can tear you guys down except yourselves
>>
>>29910515
Pinkie is a very excitable pony.
>>
>>29910458
There are a lot of problems that should have caught the mods eyes by now

Really, the problem is the passiveness of fans. As much as it is a meme to hate the "love and tolerate" thing many people here do have that mentality, typically the actual fans who feel we need to accommodate the haters because it's just the way to be

This is bullshit, it's 4chan, fuck the haters, I've seen shit get stamped out on this board because enough people were willing to call it out so to me that's proof that the mods only care when forced into caring, passiveness is not the way to go here
>>
File: 65d.png (215KB, 756x1024px) Image search: [Google]
65d.png
215KB, 756x1024px
>>29910417
It's not that people don't like the show after season 1, it's that most people will agree that the quality of the show has declined over its course. Where exactly the show began to decline is up for debate but most people agree it's anywhere from halfway through season 2 to season 3 onwards. So what draws the most disdain for the show from fans of the show itself isn't the quality of the show as it currently stands (after all almost everyone still enjoys the show at least a little) but rather the knowledge of what the show once was and what it could have been if not for the consistent corporate meddling, fan pandering and half assed writing we've seen exhibited on multiple occasions. So when people say that everything sucks after season X, they don't mean that it sucks in and of itself, but rather that it sucks in comparison to earlier seasons and episodes.

The most frustrating part of criticizing the show as it is now instead of how it was before is that you're constantly hit with the 'rose tinted glasses' schtick. This is incredibly frustrating as people who use this argument fail to realize that it's not out of nostalgia that people say the old episodes were better but out of objectivity. They're able to put aside their love of the show logically compare the two and spot a clear decline in the series. If anyone is looking through rose tinted glasses it's the people who don't criticize the show at all as, according to them, the show was and still is perfect or the show was always at the same level as it is now and by all measurable metrics of quality that's simply untrue.
>>
File: IMG_6241.png (69KB, 200x208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6241.png
69KB, 200x208px
>>29910417
My little pony is for FAGGOTS
>>
>>29910607
>fucked up the image
the real barneyfag would've made sure to get an actual image for people, fuck you, fake ass nigga
>>
>>29910580
>This is incredibly frustrating as people who use this argument fail to realize that it's not out of nostalgia that people say the old episodes were better but out of objectivity. They're able to put aside their love of the show logically compare the two and spot a clear decline in the series. If anyone is looking through rose tinted glasses it's the people who don't criticize the show at all as, according to them, the show was and still is perfect or the show was always at the same level as it is now and by all measurable metrics of quality that's simply untrue.
There is no "objectivity". I refuse to say you're smarter than me just because you're negative. I don't see any steady decline in the series, I see changes, and I see ups and downs in quality....s3 was worse than s1 and 3, but s4 was much better than s3 and rivals s2 imo, ups and downs to me. You are telling me you're right "objectively" and I'm wrong "objectively". I not only disagree, but flat out reject and wish to take a sloppy shit on your point of view
>>
>>29910417
I really loved FIM through season 4, and even after that it's still pretty good.

I don't think people who only like season 1 should be kicked out of here. The problem is shitposting and seeing the same whiny thread posted multiple times a day.
>>
I like it, but I also like the feel of the first season. It was a more innocent time.
>>
File: 1359581369168.png (572KB, 1174x997px) Image search: [Google]
1359581369168.png
572KB, 1174x997px
>>29910417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhs573B4AC4
I have been wanting to leave since MMC though.
>>
File: 22vv.jpg (33KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
22vv.jpg
33KB, 640x472px
>>29910515
stupid wannabe revengefag
>>
I haven't even watched anything after season 4

Yet here I am, and I'm not planning on going anywhere
>>
File: punished_snake.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
punished_snake.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>29910896
LET THE LEGEND COME BACK TO LIFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhs573B4AC4
>>
>>29910914
If he wasn't so fucking fat, he'd be rolling in his grave knowing some tard faggot like yourself is using him as an example.
>>
>>29910924
>He wasn't so fucking fat
Yeah implying you aren't a hungry skeleton or fat too. Also I am not >>29910515
And you are butthurt because he was the good guy all along.
>>
>>29910928
>h-heh, also I'm not him!
Retard
>>
>>29910896
>>29910914
>>29910924
>>29910928
>>29910983
Actual op here, m8 wtf are you talking about
>>
>>29910713
I said there was a decline in the series, not that there weren't ups and downs. But you have to be mad to unironically think that the series is of the same quality now as it was at the beginning of the show. You tellingly didn't mention seasons 5 and 6.
>>
>>29910417
I very much enjoy the show, and look forward/get excited for new episodes.
I hate Glimmer though. Doesn't make me dislike the show.
>>
>>29910515
>I've been on mlp for years, but never really gave the show a try
Wait what?
>>
>>29911017
Quit giving it (you)'s, it's just another shitposting cuck
>>
>>29910417
It's not all bad, but you always miss the old days. Even if I hated it, it doesn't work that way. Any more stupid questions, or you done?
>>
File: 1459189691199.jpg (46KB, 424x505px) Image search: [Google]
1459189691199.jpg
46KB, 424x505px
>>29910998
The legend of the revengefag
He used to spam for ages and shit on threads but in the end it resulted that he was just doing it so people didn't destroy the board by themselves having an external enemy. So like Venom, he took the blame for the sins.
>>
Theoretically speaking if the ride were to last for another 5+ years how would we remember now?
>>
>>29911102
Depends on if we get any kind of halfway significant moderation in the next 5 years, which doesn't seem fucking likely

In all seriousness, I figure they'd delete this board before considering doing their jobs
>>
>>29910999
>But you have to be mad to unironically think that the series is of the same quality now as it was at the beginning of the show. You tellingly didn't mention seasons 5 and 6.

Honestly, S5 was fine to me...had some great songs and episodes IMO, S6 was mediocre at worst to me, didn't see it as a cancer like some do, what do you want me to say?

Like I said, the show has changed...like any fan who's been watching for quite some time I notice a difference with newer episodes and older, but this is inevitable, you can't name a single show that the same can't be said about. I'm nostalgic, but I'm on the ride, not blindly either, but I still enjoy the show
>>
>>29911102
Dark Ages before Glimmer was killed off.
>>
>>29910417
Joined after Season 1, I think that Nostalgia is just hitting us.
Yes, S1 was very different and more "innocent", as it didn't try to appeal to the brony community.
S2-S4 were more exciting, plot-wise and judging from the characters.
But everything after S4 feels like it has been going downhill, the episodes were getting more and more mediocre.
>>
>>29911275
People said the same thing in s3, and in s4
The haters have been saying the same thing ever since this board was created, they just move goal posts

I don't think I need to remind anybody how much shit s3 got, but during s4 it was just as bad....people spamming about how the show sucked, now many look back on s4 with fond eyes
>>
Reminder it's just one guys spamming S1 and Vogel threads.
>>
>>29910417
I thought it was just people joking
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.