[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dedlestia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: deadcelestia.png (71KB, 700x196px) Image search: [Google]
deadcelestia.png
71KB, 700x196px
So, I noticed that in the opening episode with the dialogue Celestia had with Twilight that many of the things that were said were massive death flags. As in, a lot of the stuff they were talking about it the type of dialogue you would use if you were leading up to a character being killed off and wanted to create an emotional connection between the character and the audience through the main character so that it was more emotionally impactful.

Obviously I don't know if Celestia is going to die at any point in the near future but I wanted to ask you faggots how you would react to such a death.

Further, how would you want such a big moment to be executed?

Basically, would you be sad, angry or indifferent if Celestia did end up dying and what kind of death would you want for the character?
>>
>>29904966
I'd kill myself.
>>
File: rara doubt.png (101KB, 306x368px) Image search: [Google]
rara doubt.png
101KB, 306x368px
>>29904966
Celestia is not going to die because
a) this is a show for 8 year olds, they're not going to kill a character who is both good and has a name
b) She's in the movie
>>
>>29904966
Fuck no. Death is a too serious fo a subject for such a show and to kill a character like that, I can't imagine it at all. It would change everything in an instant. Even without mentioning the inevitable fan outrage the whole tone of the show would shift. Characters dealing with death of a loved one is on a whole another level.

And how DO you show Twilight coping with that without spending at least a couple of episodes on it? It's something that would scar her for life. Not to mention throwing the entire empire off balance. If we're going by the idea that Twilight was going to be a successor to Celestia that's even worse. She and Luna would be pushed to take control immediately and deal with the political fallout while both being consumed by grief. That basically means Twilight is out of the show as well since she has double the responsibility now. I don't think it can be handled well at all. And I'm glad it won't happen.
>>
>>29905158
>she keeps coming back on ghost form, like Obi Wan Kenobi
>>
>>29904966
They still have to air an episode trying to teach the "Don't let the death of your loved ones bring you down" lesson. So there IS a possibility of someone dying on mlp, though they could teach that by killing one of Fluttershy's critters off camera.
>>
>>29905180
too spooky for 6 year olds
>>
>>29904966

They aren't allowed to discuss death in MLP.

It's why the fate of Applejack's parents is so ambiguous, why Tank went to hibernate, and why Celestia's bird is a phoenix.
>>
>>29904966
Celestia dies. Twi just takes her coronation as the next god-princess for granted. In a move that shocks most of Equestria Glimglam and Trixie take over the government through lies, trickery and mind control. This brings Equestria to the brink of war with the Griffons.
>>
>>29905250
>They aren't allowed to discuss death in MLP
>why Tank went to hibernate
??????

Also, I'm sure Celestia's bird is a phoenix considering she's the princess of the fucking sun.

The first one is true though.
>>
File: tfw sunfag.jpg (114KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tfw sunfag.jpg
114KB, 640x480px
>>29904966
No, I wouldn't fucking care, this one episode of 'hers' doesn't make up for 6 years of being worf'd and just existing in the background.

I could see Hasjew doing it.
>>
>>29905260
>??????

dyewts

And Celestia's bird is a phoenix because they rebirth. The plot of that episode was a direct ripoff of what happened in Harry Potter. The writer's said that they originally wanted to make an episode about losing a pet, but Hasbro deemed 'death' too dark a concept for the show.
>>
>>29904966
If they planned Celestia's death, I bet they would make it so that she sacrifices herself probably blocking something that was about to strike Twilight, and then whatever fight is going on they all pause, she brings out a stupid ass monogue and dies.

THAT'S NOT THE RIGHT WAY.

If you want a parental figure character to die just to make it's death teach a lesson, sacrifices are acceptable, yeah, but not by the fucking blocking something that can be avoided. Instead, pull out an ultimate sacrifice that makes sense like: The SUN has gone out of control by whatever, and they've got little time to live, the whole planet its going to get eaten by the sun. So Celestia has to go to the sun and die pushing it off, she's the only one that has control over it, friendship wont do against natural disasters. So she has time to make a huge goodbye to everyone, with the saddest compilation of past images and revelations, with the saddest background music.
Sacrifice, against something inevitable, gentlemen.
>>
>>29905274
>dyewts
Hibernation isn't death, anon.
It's the closest thing this show will have to death, but it's not death.

>The writer's said that they originally wanted to make an episode about losing a pet, but Hasbro deemed 'death' too dark a concept for the show.
Then they could have easily taken out any of Fluttershy's animals. There would have been no need to introduce a phoenix at all. A sun princess having a bird of fucking flames makes sense, however.
>>
>>29904966
The only option is for her to be the final boss of mlp. But it's not going to happen and you're retarded.
>>
>>29905158
Not the question asked, stop blogging you cancerous faggot.
>>
>>29905309
>It's the closest thing this show will have to death, but it's not death.

Yes, that's what I was saying. Good job.

>Then they could have easily taken out any of Fluttershy's animals. There would have been no need to introduce a phoenix at all. A sun princess having a bird of fucking flames makes sense, however.

Never mind, I take that back. You are actually retarded. Learn to read before you reply.
>>
>>29904966
Yeah this will totally happen, right after the Rainbow Daesh radicalisation arc and Fluttershy's miscarriage.
>>
>>29905320
why are you so triggered
>>
>>29905373
>Fluttershy's miscarriage.
That's right after her rape episode. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>29905386
we're full of kids trying to blend in
>>
>>29904966
Celestia isn't going to die, silly.

She's going to merge with the sun to prolong the age of fire
>>
>>29905251
>war against a dissolved nation
This is how I know that you have haven't watched the damn show.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.