[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coltquest Thread 63

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 516
Thread images: 47

File: ColtQuestThread63.png (252KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
ColtQuestThread63.png
252KB, 640x600px
Inventory & Spells: http://pastebin.com/D5PzFgGv (CQSD if you are still here lemme know!)
Inventory & Spells #2: https://pastebin.com/M3JiXh4r
Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/coltquest/
CQ Wiki: http://coltquest.wikidot.com/
Discord: https://discord.gg/ncB2svz

>Emerald and Joyride walk around Forest's End for a bit and talk about Sunshine.
>When he returns, Emerald and Ruby decide to practice a bit. Ruby swings around her knife, and Emerald casts some spells.
>Emerald decides to go to Olam's.
>There he asks to become an apprentice, and Olam tests him.
>He creates a fireball potion, and Olam decides to talk to Joyride.
>In the meantime, Olam has Hydey, another apprentice, show him around the place.
>Emerald gets an idea of the layout, and the pair end up in the break room of the house.

Continued in the next post...
>>
>>29897809
PK love! <3

If Emerald got his favorite thing in the world as a PSI ability name, it would be PK FUCKIN'
>>
That's probably one of the things I named PK [blank] way back when. Good times.
>>
File: 1410.png (107KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1410.png
107KB, 640x600px
>>29897809

Emerald asks what the mare's cutiemark is.

"The chemical structure for aldehyde!" Hydey says happily, "I knew from a pretty young age that I liked alchemy a lot. Kind of made me a weirdo among my friends... Especially since I'm a unicorn and I can just cast a lot of the spells I make potions for!"

Hydey laughs nervously at this, and Emerald gives a sort of sheepish smile.

"I got new friends now. Better friends who are interested in the same thing as me! Plus I work under someone as impressive as Olam. Haha..." Hydey says. It almost seems to Emerald that she is actually asking him, but maybe he is just imagining it.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29897835
Ask her if she likes talking about this stuff. Offer yourself as an interested talking partner. Maybe she would appreciate that.
>>
>>29897835
Considering we'll possibly be learning alongside her, it'd be wise to get friendly regardless-- let's indulge her! We know a bit about alchemy-- maybe we'll even learn something new.
>>
>>29897835
Ask if she wants to be our friend too.
>>
>>29897835
Tell her we can cast spells too and that we're learning alchemy to help along during our travels with our teacher.
Also, cause we just like everything that's magic.
>>
>>29897835
>"I got new friends now

Oh shit she killed her old friends
>>
>>29897916
Her new friends are alternate versions of herself from various dimensions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA7J1v2_Gio
>>
>>29897835
So the others here share your interest in alchemy? That should be fun. Uh do you all do much outside of science?

if Olam let's me be here. maybe I could be your friend too.
>>
>>29897835
Ask how it is she met Olam?
>>
>>29897835
Do a perception check. Is there something bothering the mare? Is there something here making her unahappy?
>>
>>29897835
Ask what she thought of out potion demonstration with Olam? Are the fireballs that small usually?
>>
>>29897835
Boop her chemical nerd face.
>>
File: 1411.png (87KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1411.png
87KB, 640x600px
>>29897853
>>29897870
>>29897886
>>29897904
>>29897916
>>29898010
>>29898017
>>29898023

Emerald says he is pretty interested in alchemy as well, though he leaves out the part where he is also interested in pretty much all other kinds of magic as well. He says they can be friends.

"That'd be fun! There aren't too many other ponies here. The only other apprentice that is a pony is a weirdo. You'll see." She says, frowning.

Emerald asks what she does outside of the sciency alchemy stuff.

"U-uh... You know, this and that." She says with a cough, laughing nervously again.

They sit there for a second in an awkward pause, and then Emerald asks what she thought of the colt's fireball potion.

"For a first attempt it was quite good! Most first attempts just end up producing a black sort of slightly flammable sludge." She says, clasping her hooves together and looking excitedly at the colt, "With some practice you'll be churning out potions no problem!"

Emerald asks how she met Olam.

"Oh! Uh, well... He recruited me." She says.

He waits for more of an answer than that, but not getting one he asks why.

"Erm, because of some of my previous work he wanted help with." Hydey says, and then waving her forelegs says, "B-but that's boring. Let's talk about something else!"

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29898104
She doesn't look like she uses her free time to have fun herself, though. Ask her to go out with you when she gets her next day off.

Give her a friendly peck on the cheek. I wanna see her blush~
>>
>>29898104
Don't need a perception check to notice that she doesn't wanna talk about it-- ask her if she could give us a visual example on one of the more complicated potions she's done!
>>29898121
Also this. This is even better.
>>
>>29898104
Let her there's no reason to be shy about her accomplishments.
Did she make Olam a sexy potion? I bet it was pretty hot.
>>
>>29898104
So what makes up those who work here if not ponies? zebras?
>>
>>29898104
ask what the restricted door is for? Something dangerous behind there?
>>
>>29898104
Tell here that we like reading. Does she like reading? What does she like to read?
>>
>>29898104
What would you like to talk about?
>>
>>29898104
Did she learn alchemy all on her own? or did she learn it at a school? and which school if so?
>>
>>29898104
So what does Olam usually require from those that seek his teaching?

Why is this door restricted?

maybe we should go to R&D next?
>>
File: 1412.png (110KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1412.png
110KB, 640x600px
>>29898121
>>29898131
>>29898189
>>29898143
>>29898189
>>29898236
>>29898238
>>29898255
>>29898267

Emerald asks if he can see the R&D department.

"Yeah sure! There is some fun stuff there. Let's go!" She says, getting up off the comfy couch and leading the way.

As they walk, Emerald asks if it's mostly zebras since there seems to be only one other pony.

"Yup! Though you'll see some other ponies pass by. Those ones that I mentioned before remember? The ones that contracted the labs?"

Emerald remembers her mentioning that. Emerald then ask if she wants to hang out next time she has time off. She seems like maybe she's a bit lonely.

"O-oh uh... Well, I like to spend my free time by myself usually." She says, chuckling nervously again.

Emerald asks if she learned her alchemy herself before coming here. As in outside of University.

"Um, yeah, a little." She answers evasively.

The colt then asks if she's learned a lot since coming here.

"Oh yes!" She says excitedly, turning to the colt, "It's so great being on the cutting edge of alchemical knowledge!"

Emerald asks what's in the restricted section.

"Dangerous things. Chemicals, ingredients, specimens, potions, etc. etc." She says quickly, and then they enter a room much like the labs above, except there are plants everywhere, "And here we are! This is where we research the growth, effects, strength, and other physical characteristics of potion ingredients! A lot of the stuff here was grown in carefully controlled conditions above us in the green house."

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29898433
Is there anything in there that'll get us high? That'd loosen her up a bit.
>>
>>29898433
Ask if there anything interesting that's been recently worked on in here. How many different kinds of plants can be accommodated in here? Do you have any that take any harsher conditions to grow, like extreme cold or heat?

What do you guys do with extra potions you make?
>>
>>29898433

Take a tour, let her loosen up. I'm curious about the stuff she's hiding, but it's probably just lewd? Either way, be friendly.
>>
>>29898594
Definitely lewd, that or it's recreational drugs. But considering the whole stereotype of nerds being kinky as shit, i'm assuming she was thinking of something lewd.
>>
>>29898433
Do a perception, why is she being nervous and evasive? Can we tell what might be the reason why? Is it fear? Is it something else?
>>
>>29898433
Ask if it's common for ponies our age to get an apprenticeship here.
>>
Thanks for using my request, fic!
>>
>>29898433
Ask what some of the projects in the R&D department are? Do the folks working for Olam focus on one project only or do they work jointly on multiple ones?
>>
>>29898433
If I do get apprenticeship here. Do I have to stay here? What are some rules and requirements Olam usually has?
>>
>>29899142
>Do I have to stay here?
I didn't want to do that, I just wanted to do some part time to learn some stuff when we were in town; besides we still have magic stuff to learn from Joy.

Wonder how we'll manage them both.
>>
>>29899187
I was thinking it'd be part time too. I guess we could like at least maybe stay over night in a time we have a session,(I usually like to sleep overnight with someone after we fuck, makes it better to enjoy the afterglow when you don't have to leave right away and can just drift off to sleep).
>>
>>29899187
That's why I'm asking to be sure if we are required to stay here or not.
>>
>>29898433
Olam seemed surprised by our potion but didn't really let on how; any idea what was up?
>>
Bunp
>>
File: Aldehyde.png (126KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
Aldehyde.png
126KB, 640x600px
Here's one suggested color scheme of Aldehyde.
>>
>>29901903
Cute. But people are getting pissy about it cause it looks like Fic is ripping off the mare from Landfall's design. The one with Dusty and Gem that I can't remember the name of.

I'm pretty sure Fic did it on purpose and wasn't trying to steal anything so much as give a nod to Landfall.
>>
>>29898433
I think we should just let her do what she wants, but a perseption roll for seeing any other tells or motives would be nice.
>>
>>29897809
Joy-Alinivar when
>>
>>29898433
Ask her why she is so nervous
(Honestly, i think she may be one of those bunny suits mare or something XD)
>>
File: 1413.png (128KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1413.png
128KB, 640x600px
>>29901903
>>29902437

(I don't know anything about Landfall. I don't read any other CYOAs except Pumpkin's. I just sort of drew Swirly glasses on a stereotypical sciency pony, and then decided to give it the curly hair of a certain American president.)

>>29898463
>>29898578
>>29898594
>>29898635
>>29898831
>>29898845
>>29898857
>>29899007
>>29899142
>>29899187
>>29904238

Emerald admits that he is quite curious as to what the mare is hiding. Maybe if he walks around with her a bit more he can figure it out? The colt asks what sort of properties these plants have, and why they are being researched.

"Well currently we are trying to grow more hardy versions of various Zebraland plants. Ones that can survive the climate of Whitherwater, or other extremees such as heat, cold, and drought!" She says with a smile, "Oh! Check out this one!"

She then steers him to an odd plant. It's red and bumpy, and sticks out of the ground like a tower with spikes coming out of it. Instead of ending in points however, the tips end in what appear to be eyes.

"The Eyeball plant! Oh don't worry, they aren't actual eyes, just fruit that bears a striking resemblances to them. I wouldn't eat it though, deadly poisonous unless cooked. We have some jam of it in the breakroom. Remind me if we ever had back that direction!" She says pointing to the plant

Emerald is quite sure that he won't ask her about it ever again. Talking about poisons makes him wonder something however, and he asks if they grow any sort of illegal plants that certain illicit substances could be extracted from. Privately he thinks that she certainly could use some to loosen up a little.

"Of course! A lot of those kind of plants have great alchemical properties!" Aldehyde says excitedly, and then crossing her forelegs to make a 'X' says, "Don't go trying to take any for your own personal use though. Absolutely forbidden!"

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29904828
What if we grew our own?

Also, ask how it would work if we got the apprenticeship, we are kinda under another apprenticeship at the moment and our current teacher has had us traveling a lot.
>>
>>29904828

Let her show us around, ask what she does for recreation. It's okay, we're a big colt.
>>
>>29904839
>What if we grew our own?

Not sure we should ask that. Don't want to come off as a drug cook.

Look around the R&D room. What else is there to see?
>>
>>29904828
President Valentine?
>>
>>29904828
Is it possible to build up a tolerance to poisons?
>>
>>29905226
>poisons
that danger anon.
>>
>>29905226
>he hasn't spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder

>>29898463
>get us high
>not maintaining a sharp mind for a little growing colt
'Sides, we already got Woob and 'Ride for our alcoholic and drug use characters. Let 'Em be the straight edge one; or at least only on rare occasions. The squirt's brain is still developing after all, and I'm sure he's done at least a bit of reading on drugs effects on the body, something to scare the little shit straight.
>>
>>29906383
>straight edge
Em will never get hugs from snoop with that attitude anon.
>>
>>29906472
>Snoop
>not wanting to hug a cute pone the color of his yolo420XD weed
You know better my man.
>>
>>29906582
You're right, I'm sorry.
>>
>>29904828
I suggest we ask Aldehyde here about some potion recipes we could try out! Maybe give her those puppy dog eyes to really reel it in.
>>
>>29904828
Ask if somepony has ever stole that kind of plants
>>
>>29904828
>(I don't know anything about Landfall. I don't read any other CYOAs except Pumpkin's. I just sort of drew Swirly glasses on a stereotypical sciency pony, and then decided to give it the curly hair of a certain American president.)

Don't worry Fic. Bath is not offended or anything. In fact he kinda likes it.

What happens to a pony if they do try to take some for themselves? Do they get thrown out or something?

What are other things at work in the R&D room? or is it all just plants?
>>
>>29904828
Ask Ald where she's from. Has she always lived in Witherwater? What does she think of the war?
>>
File: 1414.png (82KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1414.png
82KB, 640x600px
>>29904839
>>29904998
>>29905226
>>29906990
>>29907597

Emerald asks if it's possible to build up a tolerance to poisons.

"Yes, of course. In fact, Olam is quite the fan of doing that. I wouldn't suggest that someone your age do it though. I woudl wait until you are fully grown or you may stunt your growth a little." the sciency unicorn says.

Emerald asks what would happen if he grew his own "substances"

"Err... Well, I mean if it's in your free time I guess there isn't a problem? As long as it doesn't become a problem I'm sure Olam would be alright with it." Hydey says nervously.

Emerald asks again what she does for fun. He says it's alright to say. He's a big pony, he can handle it.

"Ha ha ha... Uh, well I mean..." Hydey says, even more nervously than previously, "I mean if you really want to know um... You can ask Olam?"

Emerald changes subjects, and asks where Hydey is from, and what she thinks of the war.

"Whiterwater, born and raised! As for the war, I don't really think about it too much. Doesn't really affect me, ya know?" Hydey says, tilting her head.

Emerald asks if maybe she could teach him some cool potions to make.

"U-uh... Well, I mean..." Hydey says rubbing the back of her head.

Emerald gives the best puppy dog eyes he can muster, and asks again.

"Oh... Well... I mean... I guess as long as it's not something t-too dangerous I could show you..." Hydey says, relenting slightly.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29907772
Sure show us something. Give her a eager grin.
>>
So we can all agree that this mare is doing some kinky shit in the background with her master right?
>>
>>29907772
A more effective healing potion would be cool.
>>
>>29907772
Ask her what ingredients do we use for this potion.
>>
>>29907772
Mission successful. Proceed to ask Alde about useful potions we could make. Or should we maybe suggest a potion ourselves? Maybe something lik a swiftness potion or some kind of potion that could cause someone to tear up i.e an Irritant Potion.
>>
>>29907807
This is also a good idea.
>>
>>29907804
Totally doing kinky shit.
>>
>>29907772
Ask what rules and requirements does Olam usually expect from his apprentices.
>>
>>29907804
And Em wants a piece of it
>>
>>29907837
which one, the mare or the zebra cock?
>>
>>29907859
Why not both? Make it a love train.
>>
>>29907859
Obviously both anon.
>>
>>29907868
>>29907878
i am glad we came to an agreement here
>>
>>29907772
So what about Olam can you tell me? If I become his apprentice I'd like to know more about the guy.
>>
>>29907837
>>
>>29908077
I wonder if Emmy is a pervert on his own or if its because we made him one
>>
>>29908124
Think about his backstory. And who his mother apparently is.
>>
>>29908124
It's hard to say, but I like the idea of him being a quite little nerdy pervert.
>>
>>29907772
Ask if she knows zebra?
>>
>>29908137
>>29908141
I remember touching this subject a long time ago but if we truly are a separate entity would it be possible to let Emmy decide things on his own? I mean, its very possible that the time demon is not some fourth wall avatar just like its possible that Emmy doesn't have an actual identity besides being our own avatar but i really wonder if we can do that, will Emmy just sit down with a blank stare because nobody is giving him orders?
>>
>>29908141
>little nerdy pervert.
This seems most likely to me.

>>29908124
I honestly don't think we really manipulate him as an outside force.
Its more like we're the id and ego and Em/fic is the super ego. We merely make suggestions.
>>
>>29908175
>Its more like we're the id and ego and Em/fic is the super ego. We merely make suggestions.
This is how i imagine things, we are just one of the voices in his head who suggest things he may or not do, would be a good explanation to why we can't just tell him to kill himself or something

What i wonder is how we manifest in the story since the time demon may be its own character or Fic's avatar (we know its a plot device but you never know)
>>
>>29908174
It's already shown that he has autonomy, I'm sure he would just do his own thing. But that's not the point of this and of course Fic wouldn't just let us not do anything.
>>
>>29908174
Chronodemon = Fic
>>
File: 1415.png (98KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1415.png
98KB, 640x600px
>>29907785
>>29907807
>>29907829

Emerald asks what sort of requirements Olam expects out of his apprentices.

"It differs from person to person. For instance I-" She starts. She let's out a various obvious fake cough and then continues, "As for things that are pretty constant between all of his apprentices, he notices something worthwhile in nurturing, and gives them tasks to complete."

Emerald sees the obvious distress at her words involving what she does for Olam and backs off for the moment. Insteah the colt asks if she knows a pretty good potion for healing.

"Huh? Well, I mean I know quite a few." Hydey says, a little taken a back, "Uh, let's see..."

The mare quickly looks around the room and then says, "Oh! Wait right here."

Hydey runs around the room, grabbing leaves from various plants, some liquid out of a refrigerator as well as something that is clearly a different potion altogether.

After putting all these on a table she finds a cauldron and starts pouring alll the ingredients into it. She pulls a giant spoon towards her with magic, and begins stirring the concotion, lighting a bunsen burner beneath the pot to heat it.

"This potion will heal most diseases, poisons, and venoms, as well as facilitating the regrowth of limbs and otherwise injured areas." Hydey says with a nod."

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29908247
Well what's the ingredients? Also, can we try to make one ourself?
>>
>>29908247
REGROWTH OF LIMBS?

>Inb4 the fight of Emeralds life where someone nearly dies and will need a potion like this asap
>>
>>29908247
Learn the fuck out of it, Emmy.

Get the recipe and maybe a few potions.
>>
>>29908247
Make notes on how it is made. ask what the ingredients are and if it is hard to make.
>>
>>29908247
Ask if she reads or speaks Zebra.
>>
>>29908247
Are there any side effects?
>>
>>29908247
Use perception, to see if, one whore to another, we smell a whore. Maybe she does "favors" for Olam.
>>
>>29908247
What's the potion called?

Also what do you know about Olam? How long has he lived in Witherwater? Is he religious any? Does he have any friends or associates he hangs out with? Anything in particular that he likes or dislikes?

Just curious since I'll be having him as a teacher?
>>
>>29908247
Is a apprentice of Olam required to stay in witherwater or only have him as a teacher? I kinda already have one mistress and I'm not I would want to be force to choose between the two. Also I travel some.
>>
>>29908247
Flirt, complement her lovely curls; they bring out her curves.
>>
>>29908341
I agree with the perception check. Maybe when we find out more, we can head to Olam's quarters at some point to talk to him about it?
>>
>>29908247
Everything I was going to add is in these:
>>29908315
>>29908306
>>29908341
>>29908344
>>29908288
I just think we should ask them extra nicely.
>>
>>29908247
compliment her she is very cute and nice.

Also do percecption. She's doing something with Olam what is it she is nervous and embarrassed about.
>>
>>29908247
How expensive are the ingredients? Is there a time and cost effective means to accelerate the growth rate of some alchemical ingredients? More ingredients means more practice.
>>
>>29908247
How likely is this potion to provocate potion sickness?
>>
>>29908247

learn the potion recipe, it looks like a good one. Is her cum a good potion ingredient too?
>>
>>29908247
Ask if she fucks olam
>>
File: 1416.png (70KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1416.png
70KB, 640x600px
>>29908276
>>29908277
>>29908288
>>29908306
>>29908341
>>29908411
>>29909263
>>29910396

Emerald has to admit that this sounds like a vary useful potion, and asks about the ingredients.

Holding up the flask of water she says, "Water steeped in blue salt crystals."

She holds up the potion she grabbed and continues, "a potion of healing, though you can use alchemy wood ash instead if you want a greater effect."

Lastly she holds up the leaves and says, "leaves from various plants. I'll write them all down for you later if you really want to know. If you can get your hooves on Giant Kalanchoe however that'd be the better option."

She then explains how the potion is made, and Emerald is quick to write down everything.

Emerald asks if this mixture is quick to cause potion sickness.

"Oh most certainly yes. This potion should be taken in isolation, and shouldn't be drank except under the more dire circumstances. You'd be better off taking a battery of different, lesser healing potions over time for a safer recovery process." Hydey says, pushing up her glasses as she stirs the mixture.

Emerald asks if she can speak any zebra.

"I've learned a little bit while working here and on my own, but I am in no way fluent. I've always wanted to visit Zebraland. Maybe someday Olam and I can go but... Considering the war and-" She says suddenly stopping, "Well, it's not in the cards at the moment."

Emerald asks what is expected of him as an apprentice.

"I don't wish to speak for Olam, but everyone here has at least some training or schooling for alchemy, so since you don't I imagine he'll spend some time trying to catch you up at first." The mare says thoughtfully, putting the spoon down and letting the mixture simmer.

Emerald then asks point blank if she and Olam are in some sort of relationship. Hinting heavily at it being very sexual.

"W-what? Foals these days are so forward, jeez! It's nothing like that." Hydey says, waving her hooves.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29911950
We were in the zebra lands a while ago. Did she know that there were some sex slave rings going on?
>>
>>29912061
>We were in the zebra lands a while ago. Did she know that there were some sex slave rings going on?

Don't say that.
>>
>>29911950
Do a perception check what kind of relationship is it.
>>
>>29911950

learn the potion. what happens to potions once their made? do apprentices get to keep or sell them? What about gathering rare ingredients? or ingredients that you get from ponies (without hurting them of course) like hair or horn shavings or something?
>>
>>29911950
Apologize but mention that she seems very nervous when talking about Olam. We aren't dumb, if it's not relationship what is it then?
>>
>>29911950
Apologize, just say we though Olam had the strong silent type thing going on. I hear it's a hit with the mares.
>>
>>29911950
We don't mean to be rude Ald. But there IS something between both of you isn't there? A favor perhaps? A special deal maybe?

Do a perception check to see if we are right and not push her too hard.
>>
>>29911950
>"W-what? Foals these days are so forward, jeez! It's nothing like that." Hydey says, waving her hooves.

What is it then?
>>
>>29911950
What's the name of this potion? How easy do you say this is to make?
>>
>>29912127
>>29912113
>>29912129
Emerald is a nosey pone but I think we should let it die for now. Maybe it's something she's not allowed to talk about under contract or a government secret like the old guy from the college.
>>
>>29911950
Change the subject then. Mention that we were in the zebra lands not too long ago with our mistress. Visited the temple/college of the town. Pretty nice folks.
>>
>>29911950
If it's not sexual ask her if she's doing something illegal. Like using illegally acquired ingredients for illegal drugs and consuming/selling them on the black market for dirty money.
>>
>>29911950
Apologize for the question and ask what the next step of the potion is.
>>
>>29912105
Why not?
>>
>>29912105
Why shouldn't we tell her about it? It would be in good faith to tell her about the stuff going on there.
>>
File: New Canvas.png (106KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
New Canvas.png
106KB, 640x600px
>>29912107
>>29912112
>>29912125
>>29912127
>>29912134
>>29912145

Emerald asks what kind of relationship it is then?

"Master and apprentice, of course!" She says confidently.

Emerald says he doesn't mean to be rude, but there is SOMETHING going on, right?

"Ah ha... Well, maybe one day Olam will tell you." She says, once again rather confidently.

Emerald is about to ask about the potion, but at that moment she removes the pot from the burner, and begins to pour the contents into several bottles. She then applies labels to each. They include her name, the date it was made, as well as the name of the potion, which seems to be "Emergency Health Potion".

Emerald then says he traveled to the Zebralands recently. It was an... Okay place.

"Did you get to see the temple of Marjani? I heard it's got all sorts of alchemy stuff in there!" The unicorn says excitedly, "You know, Olam is a marjani worshipper. He has a little temple in his office and everything!"

Emerald says that he has been to the temple, and then asks about Olam. He says he really doesn't know too much about him.

"Not too much really. Olam likes to keep things close to the vest." She says with a shrug, "Speaking of which, where is he? Seems like he should be back by now. I guess your master is doing some pretty intense negotiations. Anyway, want to check out the greenhouse? It's pretty neat!"

What does Emerald do?
>>
File: offer.jpg (36KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
offer.jpg
36KB, 740x740px
>>29912356
Offer shrimp.
>>
>>29912356
>Olam is a marjani worshipper.

He is? That's cool. You know, i've been wanting to know more about marjani maybe he can tell me more about her.
>>
>>29912356
>I guess your master is doing some pretty intense negotiations
Yeah, we're kinda going through a few things at the moment, but she said we had to learn from the best to be a great mage like her so that's what were doing.
>>
>>29912356
>Speaking of which, where is he? Seems like he should be back by now. I guess your master is doing some pretty intense negotiations.

Imagine how intense those 'negotiations' might be.
>>
>>29912356
Sure let's see the greenhouse.

Actually she's our mistress. A friend recommended her to me. She's a very interesting teacher. Nice though.
>>
>>29912356
Tell Ald that she is very nice and cute.And thank her for showing us around.
>>
>>29912356

Ask where in Witherwater does she live? Is it not far from here?
>>
>>29912356
Joyride and Olam are fucking. And so should these two...
>>
>>29912458
That makes me want to see if we can't sneak up on them and spy on them in the act,(assuming they are even doing that).
>>
>>29912356
Do a perception check to find her horn.
Use 'True Sight' if it doesn't work.
>>
>>29912476
We could do that after we go to the greenhouse. Maybe some dank herbs will loosen up Hydey and she'll be open to the idea.
>>
>>29912517
>>29912356
She summoned another alternative reality of herself where she doesn't have a horn using D4C!
>>
I bet Em can take more zeebdick than her
>>
>>29912356
Ask if we can't nab one of those potions.
>>
>>29912854
Why not a couple? That seemed like it filled quite a bunch of bottles. 2 would be just ok to borrow.
>>
>>29912975
I didn't want to get too greedy with it. If we could get a couple that'd be great.
>>
>>29912983
We have to think as a party. We'll be entering possible combat soon when we attack the carriage of the guards with Sushi...
>>
>>29913002
I mean, you're right but something like that does cost money. I doubt they would care too much, but I still didn't want to just ask for too much without giving anything back. So we could ask for a couple of potions.
>>
File: 1418.png (323KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1418.png
323KB, 640x600px
>>29912427
>>29912454
>>29912447
>>29912576

Emerald decides that looking at the greenhouse would be fun!

They leave the R&D area through a spiral staircase near the door they came in at, and it opens up into a room that is almost completely glass paneling. There are rows of potted plants around the outside of the room, and a big area where various crops are being grown directly in the ground. The room seems much smaller than it appeared on the outside, and Hydey tells Emerald that the greenhouse is separated into four different areas and that each one has it's temperature and humidity controlled to allow certain plants to grow.

Emerald looks up and sees that the spiral staircase they were on continues up onto a catwalk, effectively letting there be a small second floor for each room as well.

Emerald thanks her for showing him around, and asks if she lives in the area.

"I live here in one of the break rooms. I'm actually one of the few permanent residences, heh..." She says, shuffling slightly.

"A-anyway, check out this guy! We've done some... Cross-pollination and created this beauty!" She says, approaching a plant so large that it reaches up to the second floor. The thing looks like a mish-mash of various extant plants, including some pitcher plants, giant venus flytraps, corpse flowers, and still more.

Emerald starts to approach it, but the smell of the thing causes him to stop and admire it from a distance. He asks what it's called.

"I don't think it has one yet really... 'Monochrome Bear' is the codename Olam gave him though." Hydey says.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29913052
>Monochrome Bear
I. Fucking. HATE you.
>>
>>29913052
Ask her what other types of plants they have. Maybe ones that are less... pungent.
>>
>>29913052
That's a big plant, have you any idea of what it's properties are? Why does it smell so strongly?

>>29913176
I didn't even make that connection till now. Dang- more-ropa never crossed my mind.
>>
>>29913052
What does it smell like?
>>
File: Monokuma.png (2MB, 1060x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Monokuma.png
2MB, 1060x2048px
>>29913052
>Monochrome Bear
Offer despair.
>>
>>29913232
>>29913206
You guys ever smelled a corpse plant before? They smell like 2 week old rotten meat and some weird bitter thing mixed in it. It's mostly like having a dead rat in your houses for too long, but to the third level.
>>
>>29913320
Well I personally haven't smelled it, but I was also asking her that questions as a means of conversation. Plus I doubt Emerald knows what it is so I figured he'd want to know why it smells so bad.
>>
>>29913052
What is that plant for?
>>
File: offer.jpg (10KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
offer.jpg
10KB, 248x203px
>>29913318
Offer no. Fuck off.
>>
>>29913052

it's not going to eat us, is it? it probably makes a lot of ingredients. It wasn't made with alchemy?
>>
File: offer.jpg (86KB, 395x304px) Image search: [Google]
offer.jpg
86KB, 395x304px
>>29913052
>giant venus flytraps
offer fly
>>
File: 1419.png (235KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1419.png
235KB, 640x600px
>>29913178
>>29913206
>>29913430
>>29913354

Emerald asks why they would ever make a plant like that, and if it was made using alchemy.

"Mmm... I'd say it was more... Accelerated to this point using alchemy." Aldehyde responds thoughtfully, "As for why we made it... Well, you'd have to ask Olam about that. It's quite a remarkable plant though! Incredibly hardy, and is quite a nice trash disposal. It'll breakdown and eat just about anything!"

Emerald asks if it has any use in alchemy.

"Well... We are still trying to figure that out, ha ha..." Hydey says, pushing her glasses up her snout and looking away.

Emerald asks what sort of other plants they have.

They walk around the greenhouses, and Aldehyde explains the various flora that they are growing. They are unlike anything Emerald has seen before. One collects sunlight so efficiently that it darkens the area around it. Another shoots poisonous needles if it is touched. Another is nothing but dark, spiked vines that lash out at any non-plant that passes by. Emerald is even surprised when he sees a rabbit sitting in the greenhouse, only to find that it was a rabbit shaped flower sitting on a plant that looked like a trunk save for the fact it also had dangerous looking spiked tentacles.

"Hmm... Maybe we should go check on Olam... It has been a while." The unicorn says as they finish their trip around the greenhouse.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29914137
Yeah let's go check on them now. As fun as it was to see what was here. We could as questions all day pertaining to these plants but for now let's move on. Also thank her for taking her time to show us around.
>>
>>29914137
Yeah lets check up on him.
>>
>>29914137

Sure, we can find Olam if she doesn't want to show us her room.
>>
>>29914137
Bring Aldehyde over to let her see Olam and Joyride fucking. That I'm mostly certain they are doing.

Let's see if seeing it inspires her to get randy with Emerald and maybe spill some trade secret in the heat of the moment.
>>
>>29913052
Come on guys, you just made a plant out of 10 other plants and ou don't call it chimera?
>>
>>29914137
>quite a nice trash disposal. It'll breakdown and eat just about anything!"
Sensing quite some inspiration, Fic. I approve.

Let's check on Olam. I'd want Em to ask Joyride for advice anyway.
>>
>>29901903
It's nice but something woefully lacking from character designs in this CYOA are manes with more than one color tone.

>>29914137
>potential vore bad end: unlocked!
Un-
>it's plant vore
fFuck. Swing and a miss.

Agree with Aldehyde about checking on Olam. Tell her that will give her a chance to meet our master.
>>
>>29914137
Before we go check on them how about you show me where you stay first. If you don't mind?
>>
>>29914137
Ask why was that one plant codenamed "Monochrome Bear". That seems to be a odd codename for a plant.
>>
>>29914137
Fantasize about the tentacles
>>
File: 1420.png (162KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1420.png
162KB, 640x600px
>>29914151
>>29914153
>>29914181
>>29915151

Emerald has some questions about these plants, but for now he is more curious about checking on Olam. The pair then leave the greenhouse and walk up to Olam's room and knock on the door.

A small green light blips on above the door and there is the sound of a latch clicking. Hydey pushes the door open and Emerald sees Olam sitting near the back of the room at a counter.

There is dragonfire lantern on the table, as well as a bowl, which the zebra seems to be speaking to.

"How's the chat going, sir? I've shown our little guest all around, was there anything else you wanted me to do?" Aldehyde says.

"Oh! My lil' perv is here?" Joyride's voice says.

Emerald looks around for the unicorn, but he doesn't see her anywhere.

"Over here, child." Olam says, pointing at the bowl.

Emerald walks over and looks into the bowl and sees Joyride's face, complete with it's grin, staring back up at him.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29918001
Hey Aunty Joy how's it going?

Did you hear about our awesome fireball!?
>>
>>29918001
Say hello to Joyride. Ask how the negotiations are going.
>>
>>29918001
Boop the bowl
>>
>>29918414
Don't touch it you'll break it.
>>
>>29918001
Oh wow! This is crazy cool! Can we touch you from here? Joyride! They have a cool plant made of every kind of carnivorous plant you can think of!
>>
>>29918001
Why can't we talk about the bad news happening in the zebra lands again?
>>
>>29918733
Because it is not relevant to the conversation at hand and neither would really know about it. Besides the slaver ring is destroyed we exposed it.
>>
>>29918786
The ONE slave ring. There's still plenty more of those pony traffickers around. And it was relevant when the unicorn had asked. Might as well inform then of the current events going on there.
>>
>>29918786
>neither would really know about it.
Which is why we are telling them now. We even have Joy on the line to back us up.
>>
>>29918842
>>29918851
it's not relevant to the conversation. Why would they even be interested? Olam is anti-social and wouldn't care (especially since he know's our other job.)

And all it would make Ald do is worry.

it's not going to help any man.
>>
>>29918001
Look around Olam's office. What cool things are here?
>>
>>29918001
Drink Joyride
>>
>>29918001
Ask how the negotiations are going.
>>
>>29918001

Hi joyride, did you hear about our sweet fireball potion? We already learned a cool healing potion, too. Their big pony-eating plant is smelly though. How's negotiations going?

>>29918733
>>29918842
>>29918851

Talk about it after negotiations are finished. The dude involved was part of the three way, so it'll be relevant at that point.
>>
>>29918001
Grin to her in response
>>
>>29919083
Oh Ra, that's a cool idea
Or boop her, she can't escape now
>>
>>29919409
>The dude involved was part of the three way, so it'll be relevant at that point.

But it's not like Olam would be the type of person who'd care.
>>
>>29918001
Ask them if either has any question for him
>>
>>29918001
Ask how are both of them able to do that?
>>
>>29918001
>"Oh! My lil' perv is here?" Joyride's voice says.
I know Joy isn't exactly the picture of gloomy but it seems odd that she seems so, happy. Did Olam tell her that we offered some sucky-sucky as part of bargaining our way to an apprenticeship with him and she's weirdly happy that we offered?

>>29919333
This and ask more specifically about what was discussed.
>>
File: 1421.png (142KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1421.png
142KB, 640x600px
>>29918029
>>29918376
>>29918414
>>29918422
>>29918936

Emerald quickly looks around the room. It's obviously an office, and from the size of the room Emerald guesses that the door across the room from where he is leads to his living quarters. After all, this whole floor was described to him as being Olam's quarters.

Emerald walks up to the bowl. He isn't sure why, but he feels like booping her reflection. He abstains however, and looking down to his mentor asks how it's going and if Olam told her about his fireball potion. He also asks how the negotiations are going.

"Yeah, he says it wasn't bad, which coming from him, is glowing praise." Joyride says, still holding her grin, "As for the negotiations... Well, we still have a bit to chat about. Mostly because this guy is so stubborn."

"I'm not sure how you expect me to teach him effectively if he is away from the laboratory so much." Olam responds.

"Oh please, you just want to-" She starts, and then pausing for a second Joyride asks, "Hey, anyone else in this room?"

Aldehyde gives a cough in response, and then Joyride says, "Well, we both know you just want to 'train' Emerald long and hard everyday. If you are that worried I can teach him a bit as we go on our little adventures."

"Partly." Olam responds in his stride, "But I also want to make sure he learns the correct procedures. I know you don't have much respect for alchemy, and I'm sure your methods are years out of date."

Emerald feels like this isn't going the right direction, so attempts to waylay them and asks how this bowl thing works.

"A simple potion." Olam responds.

"...That allows speech between two distant people. It's not quite as useful as the dragonfire lanterns, but it's far cheaper. All you need is said potion, a match or other small source of flame, and a bowl!" Joyride responds.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29921388
Grin at Olam wanting to 'train' us and ask what they have agreed on so far.
>>
>>29921388
>"...That allows speech between two distant people. It's not quite as useful as the dragonfire lanterns, but it's far cheaper. All you need is said potion, a match or other small source of flame, and a bowl!" Joyride responds.
Interesting. So is this a comparably worse way of communicating than a dragonfire lamp, or is it more of a "apples to oranges" kind of comparison.

>"Partly." Olam responds in his stride, "But I also want to make sure he learns the correct procedures. I know you don't have much respect for alchemy, and I'm sure your methods are years out of date."
Unfortunately we can't, and won't just stay here all the time. You can teach us the most important bits of each lesson and we can get "homework" of sorts to work on while we're gone. We're very interested in alchemy and we have been looking into things ourself, it's just good to have someone experienced to answer questions. We will, of course, spend spare time here learning.

Couldn't we theoretically use this method, that you guys are using to talk, as a way to get lessons from a distance? I'm assuming any drawback to this method is the distance that it can be used to contact someone else isn't as good as a dragonfire lamp? Or is that not true.

>>29921476
We must blushu from the lewd talk.
>>
>>29921388
I'd trust Joyride on this, but try to mediate the two so things don't get out of hand.
>>
>>29921388
Ask what they already agreed on.
>>
>>29921388
Ask if either have any questions for us.
>>
>>29921388

it's ok, we're with Olam's totally not lewd girlfriend. or something.

Well, if Joyride has accurate recipes and Olam has modern technique, then we can just have Olam teach us lab procedure when we're in town and then do our brewing on the road. We're going to do a lot of hard work in town, not necessarily just with Olam.

>>29921501

It's probably more clunky. The other guy needs a bowl and a flat surface, for example. No mail forwarding or call waiting, no sending small items...
>>
>>29921807
>No mail forwarding or call waiting, no sending small items...
Those are nice features, but if that's really the biggest bells and whistles the potion in bowl method lacks, then that doesn't sound too bad of a compromise.

>Well, if Joyride has accurate recipes and Olam has modern technique, then we can just have Olam teach us lab procedure when we're in town and then do our brewing on the road. We're going to do a lot of hard work in town, not necessarily just with Olam.
That's a better and more to the point way of putting it than I how I said it.
>>
File: 1454046571972.png (210KB, 574x526px) Image search: [Google]
1454046571972.png
210KB, 574x526px
>>29921388
>Well, we both know you just want to 'train' Emerald long and hard everyday
we need to get under his wing now
>>
>>29922023
And under his body
>>
File: 1422.png (196KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1422.png
196KB, 640x600px
>>29921501
>>29921503
>>29921505
>>29921742

Emerald asks what makes the bowl of potion an inferior communication device compared to the dragonfire lantern.

"Even though it's cheaper, it has a lot more restrictions." Joyride begins to explain, "For instance you can only contact someone within about ten miles of you. And this isn't any sort of message like the dragonfire lantern, they have to be watching their bowl."

"Also, the bowl has to be on a relatively stable surface. If the potion is disturbed enough it'll break the connection and you'll have to relight the potion." Olam remarks.

Emerald asks what's already been decided as far as negotiations go.

"We've spent most of our time on this subject, actually." Joyride says.

"I suppose we can find a way to make it work." Olam says with a sigh, "I'd like it if he could at least stay the night and some of the following day."

"Eh, up to him. I don't have any plans for him tomorrow." Joyride says with a shrug.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29921501
The potion is more a phone call while the dragonfire lamp is more like email that can reach you anywhere.

We could use this potion to talk with hope and sensoria if we could get the potions to them.
>>
>>29922149
I can't think of any reason not to. So sure. Should I bring over some things though? Also Joyride could you tell Ruby so she doesn't worry?
>>
>>29922149
Yeah sure, why not, just tell ruby we won't be coming home for a while
>>
>>29922149
He can stay for the night if he is allowed to leave when he's not studying. That should be a condition...

Also, we still have to talk to Sushi about the healing potion. She's a professional and should account all items to coordenate a plan based on their resources. Don't let Sushi in the dark about this.
>>
>>29922222
wasted
>>
>>29922149
Sure why not, I don't think we have any immediate plans either. Are we gonna start lessons today? Well what are the conditions exactly? Or are you just gonna decide that as we go on.

>"Eh, up to him. I don't have any plans for him tomorrow." Joyride says with a shrug.
Aw sempai is considerate.

Aww shit, potential lewd as fuck sleepover.

>>29922212
This is true and in fact, you made me think that maybe this shouldn't be as interceptable as a dragonfire message would be, so this might be safer for privacy? We should ask how privacy friendly the potion is in comparison to the dragonfire lamp messages.
>>
>>29922222
agreed with the quints
>>
>>29922149
We're kinda just practicing minor magic and waiting for joy to make up our magic test as far a our studies with her go.

I'm fine with staying the night and the rest of the day.
Just need to get a chance of clothes first... Sexy clothes.~
>>
>>29922149

Sure, that's not going to conflict with our "other client, right? Give Ruby and joybug our love. and hugs. and let them sleep in your bed. or at least together.

Is Hydey going to be part of the sleepover?
(Joy would charge double.)

>>29922274

dragonfire requires triangulation, like a radio message. The bowl could be subject to a man in the middle attack.
>>
>>29922149
Ask if we can get the DNA test done before spending the night at Olam's.
>>
>>29922149
Say yes.
>>
>>29922592
>Sexy clothes.

Do we even have any?

Olam may want us to wear something else.
>>
>>29922639
Yes we do.
We have the black dress we got at the zebralands and the one we wore during the orgy.

>Olam may want us to wear something else.
Well we could ask if he had any requests. It's pretty good to ask clients what they want.
>>
>>29922604
>Is Hydey going to be part of the sleepover?
Probably not the sexy part cause she seems like a bit of a square but she'll probably teach us some stuff.
>>
>>29922688
>It's pretty good to ask clients what they want.

Agreed. But then again he is not our client anymore he is our master just like Joyride is our Mistress.
>>
>>29922760
>he is our master just like Joyride is our Mistress.
This just got really kinky.
>>
>>29922790
I love it.
>>
>>29922149
Agree to stay, tell Joy to look after Woob.
>>
>>29922149
Say yes, we will have some zebra dick
>>
File: 1423.png (93KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1423.png
93KB, 640x600px
>>29922636
>>29922639
>>29922218
>>29922222

Emerald shrugs and says he's fine with that. He asks Joyride to tell Ruby where he is so she doesn't worry.

"Yeah, I guess I can do that. Hey, speaking of which, if you need anything just tell me and I'll send Ruby over with it." Joyride says.

Emerald considers this for a while. Considering how he met Olam, there is a possibility that he may want to try something "different" as far as clothes go.

"Aldehyde, please show Emerald his room. I need to speak with Joyride a little longer." Olam says. He takes a keyring out of his pocket and gives Emerald a key, and then turns back to the bowl.

"Huh? Oh, yes, of course!" Hydey says, snapping to attention and beckoning the colt over. They walk back down the stairs to the break area and then looking around at the rooms continues, "Okay! So what room key did he give you?"

Emerald holds up the key to her, which has a small tag with a "3" on it.

She nods, and then points out the door to him.

The room is what Emerald sort of expected considering how it looked from the outside and what he's heard of boarding rooms.

It's furnished with a small bookcase, a bed, a desk, a nightstand, and a desk. Other than that it's completely empty. It's certainly the smallest room he's stayed in, but that doesn't matter to him that much.

Hydey explains where the bathroom and showers are and then says, "Alright, I should be getting back to my assignment. It was good to meet you, Emerald! I'll see ya around!"

They wave goodbye to each other, and Emerald stands in the break room wondering what to do. It's still a little early to be going to sleep, and he isn't sure if he should be wandering around by himself. Maybe he should go ask Olam what to do?

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29924556
There is something I wanted to try that fic mentioned once. Let's try casting arcane sight with the amulet.
>>
>>29924556
fap, gotta inaugurate the room
>>
>>29924556
I was going to say fap and get in the mood for Olam but the archaic sight idea sounds pretty good too.
>>
>>29924556
Test the bed and chair. Are they comfortable? Are the pencils in the cup sharpened.
>>
>>29924784
>>29924872
We can do both, we still have time afterall it's has been a while since we got to use our other focus.

>>29924556
Use arcane sight with the first amulet then loosen up with dildo.
>>
>>29924556
Tell Joyride to have Ruby bring over some of our books. Zebra gods, Alchemy 201, etc. Maybe Joyride could throw in a few other helpful books as well.
>>
>>29924556
Anything underneath the bed or inside the desk?
>>
>>29924556
Use arcane sight to practice your magical endurance.
>>
>>29924556
Let's leave and look for Ald and/or Olam. Does this place have a library?
>>
>>29924556
Jerk off
>>
>>29897835
Nice.
>>
>>29924966
>Use arcane sight with the first amulet then loosen up with dildo.
Sounds like a plan to me. Though, that's assuming we have our stuff with us. I think we do.

If we don't have our stuff with us just practice dat magic for a bit and then go see what Olam has for us,(besides his dick I mean).
>>
>>29924556
let's look for Ald. Maybe she can show us her room. it could give us an idea on how to set up ours.
>>
>>29926945
>>29924784
>>29924872

We have other stuff to do before that guys. maybe later.
>>
>>29928838
No, we need more lewds
>>
>>29928866
Lewds can come later. I'm wanting to get moved in and settled first.
>>
>>29928866
This
>>
>>29924556
How's the pillow? Soft? Hard? anyway let's test out the bed and then go look for Ald and look for her room.
>>
>>29924658
do this
if it were actually a focus it'd free up a "hand" so we don't have to hold our book. I haven't mentioned it but having to eat up a hand to hold our focus has always irked me, tactically
>>
>>29930196
I'd like to experiment more with our amulet anyways, feels like we've barely scratched the surface in terms of experimenting with it.
>>
>>29924556

Since today is Earth Day and the main characters of CQ are Earth Ponies maybe something should be written or drawn to celebrate the day.
>>
File: VjgVaoNZWfaTESV[1].png (61KB, 576x600px) Image search: [Google]
VjgVaoNZWfaTESV[1].png
61KB, 576x600px
bump
>>
>>29931217
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJKN3wTT5qQ
>>
File: 1424.png (179KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1424.png
179KB, 640x600px
>>29924658
>>29924872
>>29924961
>>29925357
>>29928168
>>29930056

Emerald enters the room again and takes a closer look at his furnishings.

He sits on the bed and lays his head on the pillow, and then sits on the chair at the desk. They are both comfortable enough for his taste. The colt takes a pencil out and check if it's been sharpened. It has, and he puts it back.

Emerald taps his knees and stares around the room. He checks under the bed, and in the desk. Other than blank sheets of paper he doesn't find anything.

Emerald sighs, and then takes out his focus and casts arcane sight and looks around the room.

There doesn't seem to be anything hidden that he can see. Since the colt can't really cast the other spells he knows here, he keeps up the spell to train his magical endurance.

He stares down at his amulet, but nothing seems to be revealed.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29931550
So can I take it that we can't use our amulet as a focus?
>>
>>29931550
How much longer should we keep the spell going? We don't want the smoke to make our new room smell bad.
>>
>>29931575
I think fix misunderstood.

>>29931550
We wanted to use the amulet as the focus.
>>
>>29931550
Lets see if we can see anything outside the room.
>>
>>29931613
>fix
fic
>>
>>29931550
let's look for Ald. Maybe she can show us her room. it could give us an idea on how to set up ours.
>>
>>29931550
Remind me what exactly Arcane Sight does? It reveals creatures with souls within range? Does that mean it wouldn't detect Pip, or would she still give off a blip because she's made of souls she's eaten? Or do demons have souls?
>>
>>29931550
Let's look for a library.
>>
>>29931550
Use the Amulet as a focus then use arcane sight.
>>
>>29931550
Let's explore the rest of the living quarters. Maybe so often activate Arcane sight and see if we find anything.
>>
>>29931550
Try experimenting with the amulet more by attempting to use it as a focus. And then go find Olam while we practice with the spell more.

>>29931634
Living beings are supposed to be revealed, but i'm not sure if something without a "soul" would be hidden from it or not. My money is betting on the fact that since she eats souls or whatever would make her at least partially visible. Kinda like how heat vision would still see something that has some heat to it.
>>
>>29931634
It probably senses everything, including things without a "soul".
As far as I know it didn't work on us because our amulet is some sort of magical jammer, basically creating a blind spot on the arcane vision range
>>
>>29931900
>>29931939
>"Sensoria looks ecstatic and says, "Yes, yes! That's right! The spell is called Arcane Eyes, and it lets you see creatures with souls or creatures that give off magical auras."

Sticky note that we need to test this on Pip later anyway. The more we know about a spell's limitations, the better; don't wanna find out at a crucial moment that it can't detect what we need it to
>>
>>29932013
I do agree, we should test it on Pip later. I would also like to know the more minute details on the spell.
>>
>>29931550
DUAL CASTING! Cast Dweomeric Shield at the same time.
>>
>>29931576
There is no smoke.

>>29932321
Only dual casting?

>>29931550
Let's try tri-casting. Arcane Sight, Dweomeric Shield and
Smoke Screen. The Smoke Screen will be sitting the Shield. We'll look ballin in someone finds us.
>>
File: tIJqvgIeLtBDtlL[1].png (68KB, 704x600px) Image search: [Google]
tIJqvgIeLtBDtlL[1].png
68KB, 704x600px
>>
>>29931550
let's sneak out and spy on Ald's secret "mind altering" potion.
>>
>>29931550
let's explore.
>>
>>29931550
maybe we should gather some of our things and move into the room before we wear ourselves out with magic.
>>
>>
File: 1425.png (195KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1425.png
195KB, 640x600px
>>29931575
>>29931613
>>29931632
>>29931667
>>29931651
>>29931690

Emerald tries to use his amulet as a focus, but either because the choronodaemon can't or won't cast the spell, nothing happens.

Emerald sits around and attempts to dual cast spells. He casts his shield and the arcane sight at the same time. He finds it quite tiring and stops quickly.

Emerald the decides to explore a little bit, and goes to find Aldehyde. Maybe he can see her room and get ideas on how to set it up. Plus he is kind of curious if there is a library in this building.

When he first came into the building the colt remembers her coming down from the labs above, so decides to start there. He quickly finds her at a table with various jars and beakers, pouring things onto what appears to be a medium sized animal of some kind.

"Hmm? Hey there buddy. Everything okay?" She asks as Emerald hails her.

Emerald asks about the library, and where her room is and if he can see it.

"I'm in the last room, #10! As for seeing it I uh... Well it's my private quarters and all so... Well anyway, we don't have a library per say, but in the R&D department we have a few bookshelves full of alchemy books. That and Olam has some books himself, though you'll have to ask to borrow some from him." Aldehyde says.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29934217
Greet her back ask her what she's doing quick, I am kinda curious too see what's she's experimenting with. Then go see Olamanana, maybe he'll let us borrow some reading material.
>>
>>29934217
Tell her that if she doesn't want to show us something she can just say no.

It's a bit insulting if she thinks we're not smart enough to notice her changeing the subject.
>>
>>29934217
You should invite me to your private room sometime for some private fun~
>>
>>29934262
I think your laying it on a bit thick anon. You got to get her started with some light flirting first.
>>
>>29932932
Unsettling. I like it good job.

>>29934217
Let's flirt a little.
>>
File: 1426.png (98KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1426.png
98KB, 640x600px
>>29934246
>>29934253

Emerald asks what she is doing.

"Oh um... You know." Hydey says, pouring something onto the body, causing it to let out a bit of green smoke, "Experimenting!"

Emerald asks what exactly she is doing though.

"W-well, maybe ask Olam? I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to be telling others about my experiments." She says nervously. From the way she said it Emerald feels like she isn't being entirely truthful, but decides not to press the point.

Emerald goes and heads to Olam's room. He knocks on the door and is invited in. Emerald asks if he can maybe borrow a book on alchemy.

"These are probably a bit to advanced for you. In fact, let's head down to the lab. I want to go over that fireball potion you made." Olam says, striding towards the door.

Olam gathers the ingredients for the potion again, and step-by-step, he explains everything that Emerald needs to improve on. Olam comments that his knowledge is indeed out of date, and that is likely due to Joyride. It takes a long time, but he manages to get the potion finished. They go and test it, and though it's still not full power it certainly explodes much larger than the previous one did.

"Good. Now rest. See me first thing in the morning." Olam says, slowly walking off.

Emerald looks through a nearby window and sees that it's nearly night time. This'll be the last chance to ask him anything before the day ends probably.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29934504
Ask Olam that if we do some long and hard "training"; if he has requests?

It be a shame if that new dress we bought didn't get used.
>>
>>29934504
>>29934548
While we're at it we could ask him to whisper alchemy in Emerald's ears in a sexual way.

Bitches love KNOWLEDGE. And that includes Emmy too~
>>
>>29934504
Let's get that zebra dick
>>
>>29934504
Before flirting we should also ask about the lesson plan for us given that we travel a lot.
>>
>>29934652
Planning can come later. Emerald will assimilate information better after relieving some sexual tension.
>>
>>29934504

Thank Olam for being willing to take us in. We are very grateful for him doing this.

Is there anything he wants to ask of us?
>>
>>29934504
Ask Olam what it is Ald is working on. As you may have guessed I'm pretty good at keeping things confidential.
>>
>>29934504
Ask Olam if he could teach us a bit Marijami. We've been wanting to learn more about that god.
>>
>>29934504
Ask Olam how long he has known our Mistress Joyride?
>>
>>29934504
Ask Olam if this means he is our master now along with Joyride.
>>
>>29934729
Now we must do our part and take him in.
>>
>>29934504
Ask about the mare's experiment
>>
File: 1427.png (105KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1427.png
105KB, 640x600px
>>29934548
>>29934618
>>29934652
>>29934729
>>29934737
>>29934902
>>29934742
>>29934755

Emerald asks him about Marjani, explaining that he learned a bit about the god when he went to the Zebralands.

"Just do alchemy and you'll be donig his holy work." Is all Olam says.

The colt asks how long he's known Joyride.

"Quite a while now. Pretty much since I came to Whiterwater. Do you always ask so many questions?" The zebra questions.

Emerald follows after Olam and asks him what sort of things he'll be expected to do while out on journeys.

"I'm not sure exactly. I'll have to think on it. It might be studying certain alchemical ingredients." Olam responds.

Emerald asks about the other kind of "training" that was described, and if he has any suggestions for it.

"Come to my office tomorrow, first thing in the morning." Olam says pointedly.

Emerald then asks what sort of project that Aldehyde is working on.

"A zombification potion the likes that has never been seen before." Olam responds flatly.

Well, Emerald can't say he was expecting that.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29934974

Thank Olam and agree to be there in the morning. Apologize for the many questions as we know he is very busy but asking questions is a part of learning you know?

Bid our master a good evening.
>>
>>29934974
Bid him goodnight and turn in for the night.

>Do you always ask so many questions?"
That is what one who is curious usually does.
>>
>>29934974
Trying to see if you can reanimate life with a potion instead of necromancy? Sounds... interest. I hope the project goes well.
>>
I wonder if this zombification potion has anything to do with that vision the chronodaemon showed us...
>>
>>29935039
I don't think it was a future vision.
>>
>>29934974

kiss Olam goodnight then get some rest.
>>
>>29934974
>Do you always ask so many questions?
How else are we supposed to learn?
We could go around randomly mixing chemicals if you want.
>>
>>29934974
Let's tell Olam and then Ald good night. And head back to our room. Perhaps we can crack open the zebra god's book and finally read some on those deities.
>>
>>29935051
I'm not sure he'd really be too tickled with us trying to get smoochy with him.

>>29935035
I wonder why he was so forthright with the answer.
>>
>>29934974
let's head to our room and practice a little bit with the 'other focus' maybe not to point of orgasm but enough to loosen things up down there.
>>
>>29935088
This
>>
>>29935088
Maybe we could even leave it in while we sleep.
>>
>>29934974
let's read our alchemy and deity book.
>>
>>29934974
Rest now. And make sure we see him in the morning.
>>
>>29934974
Tell him that asking questions is how we stay ahead in the world but apologize if it has been getting in his way.
>>
>>29935088
>>29935190
Why not both?
>>
>>29935141
I think it's actually ill advised to leave something like that in overnight.
>>
>>29935141
I wouldn't go that far. If we had a plug it would be different. Dildos aren't good for use like that.
>>
>>29935774
Yes, reading while enjoying that full feeling. I like it.
>>
>>29934974
>>29935088
>>29935092
>>29935190
>>29935774
>>29935902

Yes let's do both. Read the book and use the dildo. Could be a form of concentration training. yes.
>>
File: 1428.png (100KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1428.png
100KB, 640x600px
>>29935003
>>29935008
>>29935035
>>29935039
>>29935729

Emerald says that he is intrigued by the idea of a potion that can raise the dead.

"Well you shouldn't be. They exist already. Hers will surpass all of them though. Usually the type of zombification potion you choose has some downsides. Potions that revive and preserve the body for instance, usually leave the zombie without any will of his own and with no intelligence other than the commands his master gives him. There are some that turn the body into a hulking death machine. Extremely powerful with a regenerative body that doesn't decay, but one that attacks everything in it's vicinity like a wild animal. Still others revive the person and keep his sense of self, but do nothing to repair or stop the decay of the body." Olam explains, "Aldehyde is trying to do all that and more. There is a reason she calls that potion she is working on the 'Lich Potion'. Also, If I may say, If there was any a pony who could make a potion like that, it is her."

Emerald apologizes for asking too many questions, and says that he'll go to bed now.

The colt goes back to his room and begins reading the book on Zebra Gods. He is interested to find out that there is suggestions that as well as the normal versions of the pantheon, there is a "negative" or "dark" version that uses different interpretations of zebra scripture to pervert the teachings of the "true" gods. He also learns that there is mythology suggesting that other gods may exist, but faded out as the the three major sects came into power.

Just as he was getting into this though he hears sounds from the hallway outside his room. It sounds a bit like a dragging sort of scrape, as well as someone stomping loudly.

What does Emerald do?

(Also, help a dude out.)
www.strawpoll.me/12812259
www.strawpoll.me/12812258
>>
>>29936967
Carefully peak out the door to see what's wrong.
>>
>>29936967
Take a peek.
>>
>>29936967
Arcane vision that shit, before we poke our head out the door.
>>
>>29936967
>>29937119
This, Arcane Eyes that shit, but take a peek if we don't sense anything imminently dangerous.
>>
>>29936967

equip our other focus, take a peek with arcane sight. does the symbol happen over the tailhole?
>>
>>29937389
>tailhole
>not ponut
found the furfag
>>
File: 1429.png (158KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1429.png
158KB, 640x600px
>>29936989
>>29937010
>>29937119
>>29937137
>>29937389

Emerald gets up out of bed and cracks the door open.

Peeking out, he looks at the area all around his door. It's too dark to see far, so Emerald grabs his focus and casts arcane sight again.

Down the hall he magically spots a blur just going around the corner. It was pony shaped but... It had an odd aura.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29937469
Stay inside and go to bed!
>>
>>29937469
Put our clothes on and carefully check to see who or what the thing is.
>>
>>29937469
Follow that shit. We know a Light spell, do we not? I don't see it in our inventory list but we'd be monster shit back at Ol' Cloaky's abode if we didn't. Just tryin' to remember so we can cast it if we need it, for the mean time I'd rather just use Arcane Eyes to continue following whoever that was.
>>
>>29937469
Quickly go to Ald's room to see if she's in there and is okay.
>>
File: offer.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
offer.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>29937469
Offer storm cloud.
>>
>>29937498
our Light spell is pony magic so should be able to cast it willynilly
>>
>>29937469
Keep your Arcane sight up and go follow the strange thing. Does our Arcane Sight make light in itself?

If it does maybe we should go see Ald and ask her if she has any idea of what it would be, like a loose experiment.
>>
>>29937469
Shoot first, ask questions later. It's pony shaped so if you shoot magic missile while you're still far, it might knock this thing out. It's safe to assume it means something bad just from the aura Emerald is getting from it.
>>
>>29937469
Cast magic missile at the darkness!
>>
>>29937655
You saw the chance, and took it. Kudos.
>>
>>29937625
>>29937655
We don't know who that is, besides, launching magic in a lab full of volatile chemicals is probably not a good idea, especially when we can't see what we're shooting at.
>>
>>29937676
Well, we're in a hallway and I don't think there is any chemicals out here. I think. But just shooting at it all willy nilly might not be the best idea till we get a better idea of what it is.
>>
>>29937625
>>29937655

Don't shoot it. We don't know who or what it is.
>>
>>29937664
This guy gets it.
>>
>>29937692
One magic missile doesn't kill if we are mistaken. It's better to prevent us from being attacked by this.
>>
>>29937469

Follow it, carefully, in case of combat. do we still have sticky potions?
>>
>>29938176
We should at least wait till it starts to approach us and it doesn't answer to anything we say.
>>
>>29937469
Follow it, but be ready to cast Dwermic Shield if it lunges towards you.
>>
>>29937492
That will take too long. By the time he finishes toning hold clothes, the blurry person would have put some distance, or have left the area.

>>29937498
>>29937580
I don't remember Emerald learning any pony light spell. Can you tell me when he learned it?

>>29937625
>>29937655
>>29938176
Don't be an asshole you nutters.

>>29937676
This guy makes a valid point.
>>
File: 1430.png (121KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1430.png
121KB, 640x600px
>>29937498
>>29937492
>>29937692
>>29938176
>>29938186

Emerald grabs his gear and key, making sure to check on the potions he has. He then quickly but silently leaves his room and trots quietly along the wall.

He keeps his eyes fixed on corner ahead, so much so that the appearance of a small shine of light startles him. It's the crack of a door opening, and inside is a pony he doesn't recognize.

"What are you doing? Get in here, quick!" The pony says hurriedly.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29938434
Get in there, quick!
>>
>>29938434
Keep following the mystery figure; who or what the literal shit is that?
>>
>>29938434
Go in there. Ask the pony who they are. What is that thing outside and what is going on.
>>
>>29938434
I think we should get inside.
>>
>>29938434
Follow the voice. FAHK IT PPRRRRPRPRPRPRPRPTRPTPRTPRTPRT (And break tour microphone in the process)
>>
>>29938461
>>29938488
>>29938506
why
Why should we trust a stranger over what's right in front of us? I want to see what that is, with our own eyes, not have someone potentially lie to us
>>
>>29938531
What?

Look this pony might have answers on what it is. I don't going around to expect people to lie.
>>
>>29938434
I'd like to see for ourselves what the thing is, wave at them and keep going.
>>
>>29938531
>Why should we trust a stranger
We're not in the middle of the streets dude, it's likely just another of the apprentices or a lab assistant.
>>
>>29938434
Dive into the guy's room and ask what that thing out there is.
>>
>>29938434
go into the room.
>>
>>29938550
do you go around expecting everyone to tell the truth always, then? Look, I just want to get a look at who that is, no better proof than what we can see for ourselves.

>>29938587
Maybe, but maybe it has to do with a secret project we're not supposed to know about. In that case they probably would falsify.
>>
>>29938640
>do you go around expecting everyone to tell the truth always, then? Look, I just want to get a look at who that is, no better proof than what we can see for ourselves.

Getting a closer look at it could get us killed or at least hurt.
>>
>>29938640
>In that case they probably would falsify.
Who cares and if we weren't supposed to know Olam wouldn't have told us. If anyone lies about whatever then we can probably just ask Olam about it.
>>
>>29938656
Emerald can take care of himself. We've got his back.
>>
>>29938687
>Who cares
We do because we bothered to start following this person in the first place

>if we weren't supposed to know Olam wouldn't have told us
Yes, but perhaps he could have made part of the agreement that we promise to stay in our room at night. If Olam didn't want us to see whatever this is, he should have taken better steps to stop/disallow it. As it is, curious kid gon' curious, can't be too angry at Emmy for that. Lastly, I'd love the kid to show some brass and follow the spoopy thing, rather than duck out at the first opportunity.
>>
>>29938434
go into the guy's room and ask what's going on.
>>
File: 1431.png (187KB, 1500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
1431.png
187KB, 1500x1406px
http://www.strawpoll.me/12814159
>>
>>29938711
I get what you want to do but I think your walking into a bad end friend.
>>
>>29938434

Ask the stranger what's going on.
>>
>>29938756
If Fic wants to toss us a bad end just for wanting a peek at a mysterious stranger, without any feasible way to not die, he's just looking to end the quest.

I also get what you want to do, protect Emerald, but I want Emerald to sometimes show a little courage, initiative. We'll need it if we're gonna survive our stepparents. I really don't see this as being so dangerous that we're gonna die just for having a look. If it's just one zombie, I'm pretty confident we can take it.
>>
>>29938434
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDKM2hOVr1M
>>
>>29938801
I can't imagine it would be anything worse than a zombie. If it was someone breaking into the place with more insidious intentions, they did a terrible job of sneaking around if we were the ones to find them.
>>
>>29938840
zombies don't give off black aura's of smoke.
>>
>>29938865
No black aura of smoke, only >Down the hall he magically spots a blur just going around the corner. It was pony shaped but... It had an odd aura.

There is a chance that it is a regular pony veiling their appearance, but I really don't think we have anything to worry about. We aren't exploring a dank, mysterious cave fraught with potential danger.
>>
>>29938434
It's just gonna be some guy sleepwalking with a boner. I say go with stranger, as it'll either be Alde and we'll get to see her room, or it'll be another fun person to meet that'll no doubt tell us a bunch of cool stuff.

I mean, if we go after the shadow it just feels like Emerald is gonna panic and attack someone innocent out of fear.
>>
File: 1355457264785.jpg (142KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1355457264785.jpg
142KB, 413x395px
>>29939251
>"that figure has a strange magic aura"
>"oh, that's because he has an erection."
>>
>>29940233
Listen
>>
>>29939899
Checked and kek'd
>>
>>29938744
Going with the shadow sounds more exciting
>>
File: 1432.png (107KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1432.png
107KB, 640x600px
>>29938744

Emerald quickly ducks into the door and closes it behind him.

The room he is in now looks a lot like his room, but the place is covered in loose papers, technical books and... An assortment of other odds and ends.

Oddly shaped bone sticks, bits of wheat, coins, stones, and dice lay all over the floor in bunches. He also sees a crystal ball. There is a telescope pushed into the corner with pendulums hanging off of it, and underneath are stacks of different kinds of tarot cards. Opposite the telescope in the other corner is a weird bowl that looks like it holds ashes. Hanging on the walls are petri dishes with dried wax, a poster of a hoof with all sorts of lines and words drawn on it, along with a similar picture with a pony face. On his desk sit a variety of mirrors and countless cups of tea and coffee.

"Seriously, what were you doing out in the hallway? Don't you know that she- Wait, who are you?" The stallion asks suddenly, making Emerald jump. Because of his surroundings He forgot all about the other pony in the room.

The stallion was dressed in a lab coat like Aldehyde's. Looking up at the stallion's face he sees a look of concerned suspicion. There are many bags under his eyes. He has a nice looking goatee, but other than that has a general air of unkemptness. The stallion has some stubble, and his slicked back mane is poking up in many places.

The stallion looks around nervously then coughs. This time he was distracted by the stallion's appearance and quickly answers his question.

"Ah, I see. A new apprentice? Well nice to meet you. I'm Kirlian. Anyway!" He says, going back to the door to make sure it's shut, "Don't go out during the nights alright? You might run into... You might run into HER."

He enunciates the last word loudly.

Emerald asks who.

"Aldehyde. She's crazy! Make sure to stay away from her, alright?" He says.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29940944
We already met her it's fine... But why does she suddenly have a strange magical aura?

Dose something weird happen at night?
>>
>>29940944
>>29940944
This must be the weirdo pony apprentice Hydey was talking about.

Ask about Hydey. Tell him that she seems nice but she's obviously hiding something. Let's find out from another pony what she isn't letting on.
>>
>>29941008
>>29940944
Let's try to trick the stallion into letting us know Hydey's secret. Perhaps a conversation dropping a few pointers that we already know would do?
>>
>>29940944
Run into her
>>
>>29940944

Ask him why he's calling her crazy, and who that pony going around corner could have been, don't mention the werid aura yet.
>>
>>29940944
Ask why? Is she the weird thing wandering around in the hall?
>>
>>29940944
Crazy? how so? I mean I met her earlier today and she seemed more nervous than crazy.
>>
>>29940944
>>29940960
Don't mention the magic aura. Keep some cards close.
>>
>>29940944

>character named AldeHYDE is a jekyll and Hyde character

Wow...never saw that one coming in a million years...
>>
>>29940944
Ask what he does around here.
>>
>>29941418
i actually didn't, now i want Emerald to be raped by crazy scientist mare
>>
>>29941535
I do too anon, I do too.
>>
>>29941535
And I don't.
>>
>>29941535
Let's do this
>>
>>29940944
Nigga what you talkin bout? You best make sense before I wreck yo old ass.
>>
>>29941805

He's actually pretty young he just looks like shit
>>
>>29941418
Wow, of course. I think that was very clever of fic.
>>
File: emerald shocked.png (84KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
emerald shocked.png
84KB, 600x484px
>When Emerald stumbles upon these threads
>>
>>29941535
Sounds good to me
Ecvept bevause she wants to experiment death and life science with us and not fuck
>>
>>29940944
Is that her out there? What is she trying to do? Does Olam know?
>>
File: large.png (142KB, 912x1345px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
142KB, 912x1345px
>>
>>29940944
Usually I would have caught something like that but the only thing I caught was off guard. Good work CQ
>>
>>29940944
What do you mean by "crazy"? Is she schizophrenic or something? Why what would she even do if she happened to come upon us,unf?

>>29941418
I'm pretty sure I called this last thread.

Doesn't matter cause even if it was kinda obvious, it's still a charming reference. Especially since it played off a chemistry term too which is pretty neat if you ask me.
>>
>>29940944
>does not refer to Emerald as a he or she
Does he know?
>>
>>29943844
Probably not, and the thought tickles me.
>>
File: 1433.png (80KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1433.png
80KB, 640x600px
>>29942534
>>29942962

Heh. nice.

>>29940960
>>29941008
>>29941031
>>29941133
>>29941240

Emerald says that he spent quite some time with Aldehyde, and that she seemed perfectly fine, if a little nervous.

"W-what? But..." Kirlian says, throwing up his arms defensively in shock, "Maybe it's because your a filly. M-maybe that keeps you safe..."

Emerald asks why he is calling her crazy.

"Because she's crazy! Why else would I say that?" Kirlian says loudly, "Didn't you hear her wandering around outside? She's just looking for... I don't even know. Me? Maybe?"

Emerald is incredibly confused. He asks why she would be looking for him.

"Don't ask me! You can't explain crazy, that's kind of the point!" he yells, "All I know is that serial killer is out there and I'm safe in here."

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29944483
Serial killer? What the hay are you talking about? Has somepony been killed? What about Olam? I'm sure he wouldn't let a murderer stay here.
>>
>>29944483
I'm uh.. I'm gonna go. Nice meeting you.
>>
>>29944483
Do a perception check, is this guy high or drunk or something? He sounds like he's in a paranoid panic.
>>
>>29944483
Boy this guy needs to sleep
>>
>>29944483
Right then, time to bail on this L7 weenie
>>
>>29944483

Ask him to explain calmly. What's happening with Ms. Hyde? Why is her aura so strange? He doesn't need to worry, we're here now.
>>
>>29944483
Ask him to take a deep breath and explain what's going on. Why do you think she's crazy and a serial killer? Why is she stomping around in the halls?
>>
>>29944483
Maybe she's in heat and looking for some stallion meat.
>>
>>29944483
Explanations are magic.
>>
>>29944483
Time to go, nice meeting you.
>>
>>29944483
And you know she's a serial killer because of what?
>>
>>29944483
My friend, I think this is a misunderstanding. Also, you need to get out of the lab and get laid, but that's beside the point.

What proof do you have that she did anything?
>>
>>29944483
Why do you think she's a crazy killer? Has she hurt you or someone else? Does Olam know about this?
>>
>>29944618
I think it's the other way around this guy seriously needs to get his dick sucked or something; so he can relax.
We should get him to meet Joy and make an extra 50 bits.
>>
>>29944483
This dude is clearly out of his mind. Let's go along with it and tell him our magic can protect him. Let him calm down, tell us what he can, and then hopefully get him to sleep. Poor guy needs the rest.

We can find out more in the morning once we find his dead body.
>>
>>29944483
Ask what he does here?
>>
>>29944483
Don't care. We have magic. Let's go say hi to her.
>>
File: 1434.png (106KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1434.png
106KB, 640x600px
>>29944508
>>29944533
>>29944534
>>29944538
>>29944539
>>29944542
>>29944711
>>29944733
>>29944805

Emerald thanks the strange stallion for the chat, and says that he thinks he'll be going now.

"No! Wait! Seriously, that's a really bad idea. You'll just be another in a long list of victims!" Kirlian pleads.

Emerald says that he doesn't find it very likely that Olam would let a serial killer stay here.

"No! it's precisely because she is a serial killer that he let's her stay here! I mean, didn't you figure it out? Everyone here has a reason they can't be out there in the real world!" The stallion with the goatee says.

Emerald just stares in confusion at him, and he continues, "There is a perfectly good college not far from here with perfectly fine alchemy equipment. Why do you think I and the others work here? It's our second chance, and it let's us pursue potions that would... Err... by general consensus, be frowned upon. Except for me of course! I'm not doing anything suspicious! Aldehyde was caught red-hoofed during an attack, and the only thing keeping her off the executioner's block is Olam's good graces!"

The stallion seems quite proud that he is innocent of any serious crimes, and Emerald asks what he is working on.

"An oracle potion! One that gives 100% accurate divinations!" Kirlian says, spreading his forelegs wide.

Emerald asks why he is stuck here if he is all that he is doing. It seems like that is morally fine.

"Uh, well you see... The thing about fortune telling is that it isn't an exact science. My name was pretty well known in the divination community and I was summoned by a rather wealthy pony. He took a bit too much stock in my reading and lost a lot of money, and now he is blaming me! Can you believe it?" Kirlian says with a sigh.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29945436
On second thought it sounds like this might be a good place for Em to make a base out of if what he says is true.
>>
>>29945436
Tell him we're not afraid of Aldehyde. After all, ~everybody~ has a reason for being here, right?
>>
>>29945436
Alright so what have the other ponies done that they need to stay here in the first place?

Let's say that Aldehyde really is a serial killer, why not lock her up in her room if she acts this way at night? And just let her out in the morning. Why would Olam let her stay here and not take any precautions to make sure that she didn't hurt anyone, let alone him if he knows she's supposedly a serial killer?
>>
>>29945436
Ask him to draw a tarot card. Also use this as a chance to get some lessons in basic divination. I don't believe him at all, but, I don't wanna pass up the chance either.
>>
>>29945508
Not a bad idea, maybe he could teach us to do legitimately divine Tarot readings
>>
>>29945436
We have some Tarot cards can you tell us what they mean? I got the Tower once and two of my friends one got the devil and the other the fool.
>>
>>29945436
>You'll just be another in a long list of victims!"

Has she killed any ponies here at this place? Have you seen her kill someone?
>>
>>29945436
We should probably avoid Aldehyde for now, but we should ask her about it tomorrow.

Though, it sounds like a split personality sorta thing.
>>
>>29945436
Tell you what. If she tries anything I'll kick her ass. Is that ok?
>>
>>29945436
Tell him that we can take care of ourselves and that his story is pretty fishy, explaining why.
>>
File: crying diamond.png (243KB, 352x566px) Image search: [Google]
crying diamond.png
243KB, 352x566px
>>29897809
>tfw Mother 4's dropping the Mother label because of (((Nintendo)))
>>
>>29945436
He should get a new job, I get the feeling he failed to divine our escape from step-father, and has now failed to divine who we are.
>>
>>29945436
>I was summoned by a rather wealthy pony.

who was the pony?
>>
>>29945436
Alright look here's the deal. We'll stay here with you on the condition that you let us deepthroat you. Otherwise we're going right back out into that hallway.
>>
>>29946287
who gave Joyride access to the interdimensional wi-fi again?
>>
>>29945436
I don't actually want to go back out into the hallway but I wonder if we could leverage that it is an adventure just waiting for us for part of a bored child angle to get him to show us something neat.
>>
>>29945436
I'd like to go back out and look for Aldehyde. Use Arcane Eyes to see if we can trace her. We need not confront her, but I'd like a peek at what she's doing.
>>
>>29945436
Boop him so he calms down
>>
>>29945436
>He took a bit too much stock in my reading
I've heard once that peaking into the future can drive you mad because fate is a very tricky thing.
Obviously this guy is a good example. Besides, this guy uses potions to tell the future, it's likely that he's just getting high partly and it's fucking up his brain.
>>
>>29945436
She wouldn't be the first to try and kill us so I'm not too worried. Regardless I think we should go back to bed and recharge our mana. We can ask Olam about it in the morning.

Serial killers with switch personalities fortune tellers with funky hair. Is anyone else getting the Danconrompa vibes.

God damn it fic.
>>
>>29945436
Boop him then go say hi to aldehyde
>>
>>29945436
Do a perception check to make sure he isn't high or drunk.

also ask who it was that hired him.
>>
>>29946809
I got the Danganronpa feel as soon as the plant that recycled everything was shown.
>>
>>29946809
That explain.
>>
>>
>>29947804
>Joy wouldn't be looking for porn of herself and being disappointed there is next to nothing of her. And then laughing at Emerald when she sees how much porn he has comparatively.
>>
File: 1435_2.png (158KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1435_2.png
158KB, 640x600px
>>29945508
>>29945519
>>29945575

Emerald asks him to draw a tarot card.

"Oh! You like tarot?" The scientist says, "For some reason I could sense I woudl get along with you! Here! sit!"

The pony pushes aside stuff on the floor and takes the deck from Emerald's hooves. He asks Emerald to draw a bunch of cards. Emerald can sense that even though he is excited about the tarot, he is clearly using it as an excuse to keep him in the room. He asks if there is a faster way, and the stallion asks him sadly to draw three cards.

Emerald does so, and lays them face up in a row in front of him.

"This is a simple version of tarot. It basically represents your past, present, and future. It's vague. What you do with the reading is up to your interpretation." Kirlian says with a nod.

The stallion points to the first card and says, "Hmm, reversed Temperance. In your past, those around you were playing to win. You weren't foolish or self-centered, but you also didn't believe everything you were told either. There was a lot of posturing in the air, but you were kind, and listened to your higher self."

Next, he points to the center card and says, "Gossip is in the air. Be easy-going when you encounter opposition from stubborn people. Postpone ultimatums. Don't except everything as fact. Update your resume and open your mind to new business deals. Thinks about current and future financial needs."

The stallion rubs his goatee and says, "I bet that's referring to Aldehyde. She was probably pretty stubborn about getting you alone so she could get ya, huh?"

Emerald says that he thought he was supposed to interpret these himself.

"Uh, right." the stallion says scratching the back of his head, Anyway, the last card. Ooo, Judgement. Nice! A job well done delivers many rewards: laziness is punished. Make peace - don't nitpick yourself or others too harshly. Patience brings success. Don't be cruel. Health improves, but it'll take some effort on your part.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29948438
>She was probably pretty stubborn about getting you alone so she could get ya, huh?
No, not really.
We've been alone with a lot already.

Well thanks, this has been fun and all. (not really) but we'll be going to our room now. Try to get help with your drug problem.
>>
>>29948438
Ask who was the rich pony that hired him.
>>
>>29948438
let's leave and look for Ald.
>>
So I think I know why she's working on that potion now. She probably wants to revive her victims. She likely has no control over herself when she gets like this and I bet she feels terrible about it.
>>
>>29948438

Ask if he has more specific ways of telling our future. If he wants to keep us here at least we might be able to get some info from him.
>>
>>29948438
Ask how long he has worked here?
>>
>>29948438
What other methods of predicting the future are there. Is there a good book on interpreting these things?
>>
>>29948540
I refuse to believe she actually killed anyone without acual proof.

Besides we could use that potion to bring back sunshine!
>>
>>29948438
What's a more complex version of tarot?
>>
>>29948438
Let's bid this pony a good night and either look for Ald or go back and resume reading our book.
>>
>>29948438
Ok, say bye to crazy guy and let's go to bed so we can ask the others about all this stuff in the morning.
>>
>>29948540
I also refuse to believe that she killed anyone, not without proof. But you do make an interesting observation and you very well could be right about that.
>>
>>29948438
I think it's time to go.
>>
>>29948438
She actually tried to get away from us.
>>
>>29948438
Let's shoe him some of our magic spells, like push or the shield spell.
>>
>>29948438
who was the rich pony that hired you? out of curiosity.
>>
File: 1436.png (116KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1436.png
116KB, 640x600px
>>29948479
>>29948516
>>29948642
>>29948927
>>29949021
>>29949050
>>29949209
>>29949290
>>29949534

Emerald asks what rich pony hired him.

"Oh ah... Ah ha... Some less than savory folk. You know how it is, right?" He says, half pleadingly.

Emerald can't say that he does, and frankly he is a little tired of this pony. He says he thinks he'll be on his way now.

"Wait don't-!" He starts, but Emerald is already out the door. The hallway isn't any more bright, and so he casts the Arcane Sight spell again and begins to make his way down the hall towards the odd aura.

Emerald can hear the noises from before, and sees the odd red aura, and silently rushes towards it. Wait, but isn't that...?

"Hmm? Is someone there? Hello?" Aldehyde says, looking behind her. Luckily Emerald seems to be far enough back that he is cloaked in darkness, but she is lit up bright red with the strange aura.

"Come on, who's there? You are freakin' me out a little." She says with a nervous laugh.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29949596
Go say hi.
>>
>>29949596
Hit her with a magic missile! Put that hoe in her damn place with a chimney~
>>
>>29949596

Say hi. We were just practicing our magic. Why are you out so late?
>>
>>29949596
Back away some to avoid being seen. Do a perception on what the red aura is or could be.
>>
>>29949596
Is there anything threatening or suspicious about her other than her red aura?
>>
>>29949596
>Emerald can't say that he does, and frankly he is a little tired of this pony.
Damn, did we need to be so harsh? He was a bit weird sure, but he seemed to have good intentions. For the most part.

Just stay back and ask her why she's out so late, and why she's acting weird.
>>
>>29949596
Sup nigga. What're you doin this late?
>>
File: 1437.png (73KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437.png
73KB, 640x600px
>>29949634
>>29949691
>>29949744
>>29949898

Emerald gives her a quick look over. He doesn't see anything suspicious about the way she looks, and yet he can't forget that sound she made as she walked. What the heck was that?

Emerald approaches out of the darkness and says hello.

"Oh! My goodness, you gave me quite the fright." Aldehyde says with a chuckle, "What are you doing out this late? You should really get to bed child."

Emerald says that he will, but he's curious to know why she was out so late.

"Oh I uh... Borrowed some tools from the greenhouse for... Uh..." She pauses for a moment, and then says, "Anyway I was returning it. Turns out it wasn't what I needed."

Emerald says that she doesn't seem to be carrying anything.

"I don't? Ah ha... Well anyway, good night!"

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29950055
Olam already told us all about the zombieficaton potion. It's cool we've dabble in necromancey too.

No need to hide it.
>>
>>29950055
Ask her if she is working on her "Super Zombification Potion TM" right now.

Olam told us about it. So it's ok to talk about it.

Ask her about her aura as well.
>>
>>29950055
Push her down and make the bitch spew the beans ripping her coat off to unveil what she could be hiding there... LORD, MOVE MAH PIMP HAND TO SLAP THAT HOE AND MAKE IT STRONG!
>>
>>29950055
Olam already told us about the zombification potion, if that's what you were worried about. If you can really pull that off that sounds it would have the potential to change the world.
>>
>>29950055
don't let her go, be straight forward and tell her you know she is lying to us
>>
>>29950153
>Ask her about her aura as well.
lets wait to see what she says, if she continue to lie we tell her about the Aura
>>
>>29950153
Don't tip your hand, leave the aura part out. I'm aight with mentioning the zombo potion though,
>>
>>29950238

+1
>>
>>29950055
Tell me your secreeeeeets.
>>
>>29950055
>inb4 she kills ponies to get test subjects for her potion.
>>
>>29950055
Be sure to mention we've worked with a bit of necromancy when we ask about the potion
>>
>>29950055
Tell her that we know about the potion and that we came out because of some sounds. Ask about her aura.
>>
>>29951877
Be sure to not say that. We can let on that we know about necromancy, because Emerald is smart enough for it to be believable. But even if I felt that crappy bone shape spell counted, I still wouldn't want to be telling someone about that. We don't need to be Joyride level secretive, but it's def not wise to spill our guts so readily.

>>29952323
She'll either lie about the aura or legit not know what we're talking about, because she can't see it. We can always research Arcane Eyes tomorrow and figure it out for ourselves. Again, don't wanna be giving her information about our capabilities that she doesn't need to know.
>>
>>29952692
Yeah, maybe you are right and it would be better to avoid letting her know we can see her magic aura.
>>
>>29952692
We've also taken part in a seyance and she will be more likely to open up about the zombie potion if she knows we have an interest in necromancy.
>>
>>29950055
Say to her "I know the truth"
You don't really know it, but lets pretend we do
>>
>>29953418
>>29950589
>>29950227
>>29950153

let's not say we can see her aura or that we "kno the truth." let's just be a bit cautious until we know more.

>>29950055
Ask if she's still working on that potion. Olam told us a little bit about it. Could you tell me how progress is going on it? any success?
>>
>>29950055
I just want to carefully go back to bed, we aren't at our fighting best if we make her angry and she turns into an abomination.

Maybe ask something innocent like if they have milk in the break room, if we can trick her into thinking we are just an excited foal in a new situation we can probably get away with more snooping during the day.
>>
File: 1438.png (81KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438.png
81KB, 640x600px
>>29950106
>>29950203
>>29950268
>>29950589
>>29951877
>>29952692
>>29952849
>>29953418

Emerald turns off the arcane sight, and instead casts a light spell. It's getting a little hard to look at the aura, it's... Scaring him a little.

"Oh goodness, bright!" She says, flinching at the sudden illumination.

Emerald says that he heard about the zombification potion, and asks if she is working on it right now. The colt even says that he is okay with it. he even dabbles in necromancy himself, sorta!

"Ah! I knew I was going to like you the second I saw you. Two of a kind, are we?" She says happily, "I wondered what reason Olam would have met a foal. What'd you do, try to resurrect your parents and make them zombies, or something?"

Emerald isn't sure how to answer this, but before he can she says, "Don't worry, don't worry. It's probably a painful subject. I won't push."

Emerald says that the potion she is trying to make sounds like it'll change the world.

"Yeah, just imagine the kind of things you can do with that potion." Aldehyde says almost cackling. Emerald isn't entirely comfortable with the way she said that. It was an almost menacing, almost exuberantly spiteful kind of tone.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>29954270
Ask her if she could bring anyone back from the dead, who would it be? Even if she lies, would be interesting to hear her answer.
>>
>>29954270
Hey if you're not too busy, wanna show me your room and have some fun~?
>>
>>29954270
>What'd you do, try to resurrect your parents and make them zombies, or something?"
I don't know what to make of this comment. Does she know more about us than we think, or is that just a deduction?
>>
>>29954350
Pretty sure it's an assumption, she didn't even know our name before we told her.
>>
>>29954270
It's not like we're entrenched in the dark arts. We just learned how to shape bones and met a lich comic book artist. He was really nice when you got to know him.

Ask her why she's interested in it. If it's revenge maybe we can make use of her.
>>
>>29954270
Ask if we can see some of her work. (When's the last time Em's been up late at night? How fucking scandalous for a little brat to be up so late)
>>
>>29954270
So what's your reason for trying to make such a potion then? Successfully creating something of that caliber sounds amazing, in a nearly impossible way.

>>29954354
That's one hell of a correct,(in terms of our parents probably being dead, seeing as how even we don't know for sure if they are) assumption. With how much she knows us, she couldn't of made more than an educated guess at most.

>>29954367
>He was really nice when you got to know him.
Once he isn't trying to kill you for arbitrary reasons, sure.
>>
>>29954448
Hey, it's it one bitchy anon. Welcome back faggot.
>>
>>29954270
how's the progress on the potion anyway?
>>
>>29954270
So like, are you evil or something? Because you fill the whole, "Bleh i'll get my revenge and kill them all muhhahahaha" kind of role.
>>
>>29954884
It's probably not a good idea to ask someone if their evil. They often tend to think they're justified in their actions anyway and get defensive about it.

>i'll get my revenge and kill them all
I guess Emerald could relate.
>>
>>29954270
Boop her to kill the mood.
>>
>>29954270
Tell her about the encounter with the last pony and add that we thought his story was fishy and that we don't think she is any danger to us.
>>
>>29954932
I think so too.
>>
>>29897809
>>29954270
0w0 what did? Thread 63?

Request draw rule 63 Emerald, Ruby, Larimar, and Joyride.
>>
>>29955219

Do you just not speak any English, or...?
>>
>>29955408
Why are you so nit picky? Yeah I speak it. What's the problem mr ocd?
>>
>>29954270
Quickly retrieve horn from drawer.
>>
>>29954350
That seemed more like a reference to Full Metal Alchemist, if anything.
>>
>>29954979
not don't say that.
>>
>>29956206
Why not?
>>
>>29956256
Anon probably wants to protect him. Personally, I wanna see what Hydey does to him when she learns what he said about her.
>>
>>29956256
We need to not tell her about the last pony because
#1 It might upset her
#2 it might get him killed

>>29954367
Also while we're at it, we should NOT mention the lich, who's identity needs to be kept secret to avoid being killed. We're talking to a murderer about sensitive information here, use some care!

>>29954884
This is the worst thing to ask of all. At least phrased that way. But asking her about revenge might make Emerald feel better about his own plans.
>>
>>29956356
How do we know she's a murderer?
Also, thread is kill
>>
>>29954270
So what inspired you to start work on this potion? Have you worked with Necromancy in the past? Is that why Olam brought you on board?
>>
>>29956356
God your such a nag.
>>
>>29956494
Honestly? We're all nags if you think about it. Non-nagginess is an illusion perpetuated by the government
>>
>>29954270
Boop her. It's the best way to know if she is evil
Also, tell her you have met a lich, if she wanna visit him
>>
>>29956356
I don't understand why everyone wants to tell all this shit to someone we don't know.

We should also mention that we're Emerald Jewel and there's a large reward for our capture.
>>
>>29954270
Don't tell her too much or ask her something stupid.

Instead try to fish for information. Ask if there was a reason why she is working this late. Was there a breakthrough or a failure in the experiment. Just how long has she been working on this project?
>>
>>29956948
^ This
>>
>>29954270
Let's ask why she got started on this potion and tell her that that other stallion said to avoid her.
>>
>>29956999
Check'd
>>
>>29957185
>tell her that that other stallion said to avoid her.

Why? no. Do you want to risk him getting hurt if she is dangerous?
>>
>>29957230
Yes. I want to see what she does to him. Partly for science, and partly because it'll probably be really hot.
>>
>>29957259
>Partly for science, and partly because it'll probably be really hot.

Serial killer is what he's claiming she is. Not serial rapist.

If he get's killed it won't be hot.

And it'll be on your head. Anon.
>>
>>29957275
Not to mention just messing with people to see what could happen, when it could get someone killed is kinda fucked up.
>>
>>29957289
But also kinda hot.
>>
>>29957305
You're very much in the minority with that opinon, anon.
>>
>>29957275
Not him, but,
>implying serial killers can't be hot. As. Fuck
>>
>>29957499
Sure, if you like flirting with the idea of guro being mixed into your porn.

And honestly, the only reason Pinkie is hot like that,(imo) is because she gets a rad hairstyle and hotly take action personality. Minus the psychopathic killer tendencies that come with it.
>>
>>29957568
Yeah I don't see what's hot about Aldehyde, she doesn't have that femme fatale hotness like Pinkamena does.

I mean, I like sadomasochistic stuff, I feel like it'd be strangely hot if she shanked you mid-coitus. It's the not-knowing and the loss of control, makes it hot af, especially combined with Pinka's design. But that's just me. Aldehyde's meh tier as far as (potentially) axe-crazy girls go.
>>
>>29954270
Why does that guy think you're crazy? He said to stay away from you.
>>
>>29957728
Anon no, we aren't throwing him under the bus like that. If we really must ask her something like that, we should at least vaguely state that ponies say she's a bit weird at night.
Thread posts: 516
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.