[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who Still Watches New Episodes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 15

File: Clearly.png (10KB, 889x20px) Image search: [Google]
Clearly.png
10KB, 889x20px
Who here still has the joy of new pony episodes in their lives?

Before replying "Not me, MLP is shit, and so is your taste", season 7's premiere episodes were my favorite in so long, and I liked season 6. After watching this premiere, season 6's flaws became so much clearer. Almost as if season 7 is mocking Josh Haber's season 6. So if you stopped watching, give these episodes a shot because watching them make fun of season 6 was awesome.

Also, Haber isn't show runner anymore. :^)

But yeah, who here still likes the new episodes, along with the old ones, and what did you think of the premiere?
>>
>>29897284
>what did you think of the premiere?
I loved the song.
>>
>>29897293
>loved the song
That was my favorite and least favorite part of this premiere.

My favorite, because of how self aware it proves the show has become, as a character outright states that singing the song was a bad Idea, alluding to the fact that they now know that having so many songs in season 6 was a bad idea, and that season 7 will be much better in that regard. Backed up by the fact that season 7 will only have 5 songs.

Amazing.

And least favorite, because while it sounded awesome, the lyrics were so cheesy it was cringeworthy.
>>
>>29897284
>So if you stopped watching, give these episodes a shot
Please stop shilling.
Most people who read this who have stopped watching the show have done it for many reasons besides "S6 was shit".
>>
>>29897351
>Please stop shilling
No.

>Most people who read this who have stopped watching the show have done it for many reasons besides "S6 was shit"
Okay. That statement was aimed specifically for those people though.

What was your reason?
>>
>>29897284
I still look forward to and watch new horse. Always have, always will. Pone's great, and fans of the fandom can eat my ass. The whole thing. Both cheeks, the hairy bits, pucker, everything.

Anyway, the first ep was fantastic, second was ah... Call it 5/10. Surprised they didn't do the usual 2-parter premier. The bits with the mane 6/the song were great, and I really do appreciate that they can still do an old-school 'moral of the story' episode, but The Literally Autistic Trixie stuff was a little grating. She's been set up as self centered as the day is long, but I still feel like she got handed the Rainbow Dash cunt-ball. Also, that anger-magic smoke effect looked awful. Like a stock effect ripped straight out of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Distracting as fuck.

All in all, cautiously optimistic for the rest of the season. One good episode, one meh episode. If the season can stay the course and at least pull off a solid C this late in the game, it'll be a fine time to be a horsefucker.

Plus, there's that movie coming up. That's pretty neat.
>>
>>29897284
Until the moment thiessen is back to work on the show, I ain't watching shit. fuck your shitty neo/culture/
>>
>>29897341
>because of how self aware it proves the show has become
And that's a good sign. I think that one of the huge problems in season 6 was that sometimes it really seemed that they didn't know what they were doing, I hope that all the self-awareness in the episode (not just the song) is not just a one-time thing, but a promise that there will be less of those fuck-ups this time.

>the lyrics were so cheesy
And I disagree, that made it even better. Kinda. My other problem with season 6 is that Starlight hogged the spotlight when she was on screen, the finale being the worst offender. All Bottled Up was bittersweet in this regard. It lampshaded the problem, because the Mane 6 were just side characters with a completely secondary role. Unlike TWABA it's not that they were ignored, it's that they really couldn't do much in the episode, and that was disappointing. But the bright side is that they were treated with care, and I felt the cheesy song as a "we still love you" to the characters.

It's too soon to be sure, but so far I think that the premiere meant that we'll get more episodes where Starlight is the main character and the Mane 6 won't have a big role (which is definitely not what I expected), but also that the Mane 6 will be treated with more respect (which would be really appreciated). We'll see.
>>
I intend to (I have them downloaded) but Season 6 was rough (I consider it the second worst season of the series). Season 7 could be my last if I can't seen improvement.

At the moment, however, I'm rewatching Seasons 5 & 6 before I start 7 (trying to ease back in and rewatch the latter part of Season 5 and all of 6, which I've never rewatched before).
>>
>>29897341
>cringeworthy
Underage, leave.

Anyway, I watch ponies and they are still magical and still bring me unhealthy amounts of joy.
>>
>>29897284
Premiere wasn't great, but it's definitely an improvement from what we've been getting. This song made it all worth it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU3fCXKr_-U
>>
File: inarticulate yelling.jpg (105KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
inarticulate yelling.jpg
105KB, 800x609px
>>29897341
>season 7 will only have 5 songs
pls be lie
>>
The premiere was great and if you don't watch the show there is no reason for you to be here, get out.
>>
>>29897469
>if you don't watch the show there is no reason for you to be here, get out.
no
>>
>>29897473
>no
Please?
>>
>>29897362
>reason
The show stopped caring about the characters that I cared about.
>>
>>29897284
I still watch the new episodes always. I can't get over that queasy queasy song. It's so catchy.

Overall I still enjoy mlp, because ponies.
>>
File: frens.png (512KB, 622x649px) Image search: [Google]
frens.png
512KB, 622x649px
>>29897511
Have you even seen this premiere?
>>
>>29897646
No, and I'm not going to. The characters that are in the show now are different characters, even if they share the same name and base traits. I do not like the way they've developed them, they are not the characters I cared about before. At least to me.
Even if their characterization was 10/10 in the premiere, it will not be consistently. I can't deal with that emotionally, so for my own mental health I won't allow myself to continue.

I don't know why you feel the need to motivate people into watching, as if we're denying or ignoring some objective quality that makes it worth it to everyone. You don't know my life, man.
>>
>>29897351
>Please stop shilling MLP on /mlp/
>>
>>29897284
Fuck off Hasbro shill
>>
>watching the show
Disgusting
>>
File: 3585.jpg (161KB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
3585.jpg
161KB, 736x460px
>>29897960
>>29897964
>>
>>29897953
You sound like one really autistic faggot there anon.
>>
File: Cease your faggotry.png (128KB, 574x285px) Image search: [Google]
Cease your faggotry.png
128KB, 574x285px
>>29897953
>I can't deal with that emotionally, so for my own mental health I won't allow myself to continue.
Legitimately what.

>You don't know my life, man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pAFbBR-p04

>I don't know why you feel the need to motivate people into watching
/mlp/ is a living hell for actual bronies. Think about it.

>>29897958
^

>>29897960
You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>29897953
>I can't deal with that emotionally, so for my own mental health I won't allow myself to continue.
I know how you feel. Season 6 was hurtful to me. I'm not exaggerating, the bad episodes were really, really bad, and I wish I had never watched some of them. I know for sure that if some of those writers have written more episodes this season, I'll skip them. I'm giving this season a chance because I want to believe that this time it can't be so fucking terrible, but I totally understand not wanting to take the risk. As I usually say, one of the reasons to watch this show is because it's enjoyable, if it isn't enjoyable for you anymore, you shouldn't keep watching it, this isn't an obligation.

Anyway, if you like songs, you should at least hear the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhVcq5FS7-s

>>29898051
Fuck off with your false-flagging bait, retard.
>>
>>29897284
>Josh Haber isn't showrunner anymore
Who is? I heard that it was Joanna and Kristine. They did write the premier, and the head of story always writes the premier, right?
>>
>>29897284
I didn't like S6 at all except for a few episodes. So I was really surprised with how much I liked the premiere. I sure hope they can keep this up, I guess we'll see it this weekend.
>>
>>29898057
>false-flagging
...What?
>>
>>29898060
So was I. I actually expected to hate it. Could help my opinion of it. The fact that I had 0 expectation.
>>
File: YP-1R-07x01.mkv_snapshot_02.46.jpg (922KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
YP-1R-07x01.mkv_snapshot_02.46.jpg
922KB, 1920x1080px
>>29898058
>I heard that it was Joanna and Kristine.
Yep.

>>29898069
Fuck. Off.
>>
>>29898080
Okay. Still don't know what the actual fuck you're talking about though.
>>
>>29898057
sure wish people would take their own advice and fuck off already.
>>
>>29898089
>Okay.
Thank you.
>>
File: 1491327550519.png (41KB, 799x294px) Image search: [Google]
1491327550519.png
41KB, 799x294px
>>29898057
Sorting it by writers isn't going to cut it. Even if they are credited for the writing it doesn't mean they are 100% responsible. Secondly, writers learn and become more experienced as they go. Common argument of writers not watching the show doesn't reflect the quality of the episode in itself. Take Berrow for example, Larson confirmed that she watches the show and helps with the writing for others. But her own episode she is credited for, The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows, wasn't really all that good in my opinion. She will have two episodes in S7 but she actively corrects others, even though she is not credited for it. So I don't think skipping episodes by the credited writer is the right idea.
Last season I would say that the summary is the way to go but ABU summary didn't reflect what actually happened in the episode. So I don't even know now. I personally won't be skipping anything in S7 for now, the premiere was enough to convince me that the show still has momentum for now, we'll see how it goes from here.
>>
>>29898092
I'd still like to know why though. Don't know what the fuck you mean by "false flagging bait".
>>
File: Welcome.png (243KB, 800x604px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome.png
243KB, 800x604px
>>29897284
My contribution in the community is keeping me motivated to watch ponies so I am still on the ride. I only missed one episode last season, but I will eventually watch it.
>>
>>29898077
I had negative expectations. That the Celestia screentime will be short and horrible, that Glimmer's graduation will be just a formal fuck-off to the audience, that Twilight will be made a fool once again by Discord. But in the end I liked it. Maybe Twilight's fantasies could be shorter but overall it was like a breath of fresh air. There was no bitterness, no malice, no cringe. Celestia was the highlight of it for me but even Glimmer's moment with Twilight was pretty heartwarming as well.
I teared up a bit at "Here we are after all these years, Twilight", it was like it's directed at the audience as well. We are still here despite everything. I loved it.
>>
>>29898125
What episode? I'll tell you if it's one to watch or not. :v

Also, nice. I think I'll be on this ride 'til the day I fucken die.

Or until pony betrays my loyalty. But I trust that won't happen. lol
>>
>>29898144
>emoticon
>encouraging people to base their opinion on the opinion of others rather than watch it and make their own opinion
kill yourself you cancerous pile of shit.
>>
File: wtal.png (129KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
wtal.png
129KB, 400x225px
>>29898144
Where the Apple Lies
>>
>>29898133
My thoughts exactly.
It was emotional, but I never teared up, it just made me feel so fucking happy for everyone involved, it was amazing.
>>
>>29898157
really wish theyd aged up the CMC to the age AJ is in that image
>>
>>29898157
Imo, must watch. Season 6 may have been pretty shit at the beginning, but holy hell, did it pick up the pace toward the end, and WTAL is a great example of that.

There is however, a pretty glaring flaw. They're trying to portray Big Mac and Applejack as being both in the right and wrong, but in the end, Applejack looks much worse morally than Big Mac.

Other than that, pretty good episode

>>29898155
Or maybe I'm just giving a recommendation ya fuckwit.
>>
>>29897284
I can't and never will now that they killed off bugmoms entire race. even if theyre still out there somewhere, the show will never recover from the gaping plot gorge that is the changedlings existance for me. every other piece of shit before it and after it is just more ass smell to paint the side of the gorge. I will stick to fandom persuits and probably enjoy me some DWK videos because there's just no way I can watch any of this without losing my faith in ponies. DWK was the only one who could numb the pain now that fimfiction is drying up like california 4 years ago.
>>
>>29898144
>giving a recommendation
>I'll tell you if it's one to watch or not
ya, a recommendation to watch it or not.
you fucking cancerous pile of shit.
>>
>>29897284
I'm still watching and still having fun, after all these years. Sure, it's not the same, the old magic is gone - whether because of show's quality or being blinded by nostalgia - but it still brings me happiness to just sit and watch.
As for the premiere, I really enjoyed it. I loved the meta jokes and show's self-awareness, the lessons were nice (the need of talking your problems out can't be stressed hard enough) and the Discord-Glim-Trixie trio is one of my favourite things in the show and I'm glad they're still giving it screen time.
Song seemed weird at first, but it quickly grew on me.
>>
>>29898231
Well, that's kinda what a recommendation is, so...
>>
>>29898157
It was a fun episode, you should watch it.

>>29898165
Remember, they are Forever Fillies.
Probably won't happen until S8-9. And if it does it will go together with other model changes, like Twilight becoming more princessy. I don't know if I want both of those.
>>
>>29898243
>the Discord-Glim-Trixie trio
I never thought I would say it but I want to see more of then now if it's gonna keep the dynamic of ABU.
>>
File: 1407140.png (840KB, 1264x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1407140.png
840KB, 1264x1074px
>>29898107
>Sorting it by writers isn't going to cut it
Yeah, and it sucks. Applejack's Day Off was terrible, but the other episodes by the Fox Brothers weren't so bad. And The Cart Before the Ponies was really bad, but I've loved every other episode by Ed Valentine. On the other hand, I despised Newbie Dash and Flutter Brutter, I've already skipped Where The Apple Lies and I have zero interest in watching any episode written by Dave "Cringe Humor is the best" Rapp. Same for F.M. De Marco, fuck him with a blender.
I never said that I was going to use only the writers to know what episodes to skip though.

>>29898120
OK, this is new, the anon I was thinking about has never done this. If you legitimately don't know what I'm talking about, I fucked up and I've mistaken you for someone else. I'm sorry.
>>
File: imagica001.jpg (95KB, 1054x176px) Image search: [Google]
imagica001.jpg
95KB, 1054x176px
>>29897284
>>
>>29898271
I can't even take Where the Apple Lies seriously as it was all a flashback so maybe that's why I was able to enjoy it so much. It wasn't even that cringy.
>>
>>29898297
i think every reasonable person saw it as a twilight and celestia episode. only screeching autists attribute every episode glimmer is mentioned in to being a glimmer episode.
>>
File: ALLNEOFANSARELIKETHIS.jpg (75KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
ALLNEOFANSARELIKETHIS.jpg
75KB, 500x411px
>>29898340
>>
>>29898345
heres one now.
>>
>>29897284
How is it making fun of S6?
>>
>>29898364
>Starlight acknowledging Spike's exposition dump as pointless to her
>countless subtleties in both episodes
>acknowledging that 12 songs a season is a bit much
>>
>>29898051
>what
My therapist says that my interests start being obsessions when I don't like them anymore but can't stop indulging, that I should make a conscious effort to cut them off when I feel that way. So that's what I'm doing.
>>
I'll admit I missed like half of S6 (for personal reasons). When I heard S7 was about to start, I watched the S6 finale alone and got ready for new pony.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.