[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Discord and Twilight dynamic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

Honestly I don't get the shippers here.

I feel like it's more than obvious that while trying to get along with her, Discord resents Twilight, more than a little bit.
She's the "leader" and the main reason why Discord's take over failed.
He constantly fucks in a different way he fucks with everyone else. Playful/teasing vs. mindgames and self-esteem questioning.

Thoughts?
>>
>>29894502
He's kind of an ungrateful dick since she forgave him for betraying everyone when he sided with that red guy who sucks ponies cocks to get magic.
>>
>>29894502
How do they even fuck?
>>
>>29894502
Hatesex is a thing.
>>
>>29894575
Yeah, but they don't give off that intense hate, cut to fucking hard, vibe.
I don't think they even hate each other, Twilight just puts up with his shit and it sometimes gets to her. And Discord just wants to cause her a little pain.
You could make the case that Discord hates her, but I don't see it. At those levels of emotions Discord gets openly upset, not his calm dickish self.
>>
It's Q and Picard with ponies. Q while causing problems and being a dick was sometimes helping in some way even at the cost of lives.
>>
>>29894683
The difference is that there is nothing but malintent when Discord fucks with Twilight. It's solely to upset her or make her look silly/dumb.

You're analogy would be apt if Discord egged Twi into doing something, for the purpose of her learning something.
But he never had and never will do that. It just always turns out that his shit backfires on him and she learns a good lesson.

And don't get me wrong, I like Discord as a character. I just think it's interesting that he's still openly and obviously wanting to hurt the main character despite being reformed and getting along better with everyone else, for the most part.
>>
>>29894502
Nothing to ship here, if anything Discord's interactions with Twilight became too stagnant compared to other characters
>jabs Twilight
>Twilight gets annoyed/nervous
>repeat for the whole episode
>almost zero responce, no bounce
>Discord jabs at Trixie
>Trixie dislikes it, jabs back
>Banter going on, dynamic
>No banter with Twilight, no dynamic
>one-sided to the point of bullying

Structure of their scenes/episodes are also not very fun
>time to annoy Twilight taking advantage of some situation she finds herself in
>other ponies are oblivious to Discord being a dick for the sake of the plot
>they go along with it
>If Twilight calls Discord out others dismiss it like they don't care because the plot needs it
>Lesson in the end automatically justifies everything he's done making Twilight a fool for worrying

At this point only an episode highlighting Discord's actual thoughts on Twilight can drag him out of this meme hell. Just something where they have to work together would be enough. Or just drop Twilight's interactions entirely, seeing how good he can work with other characters.
>>
>>29895341
You could call it bad writing, but it's a little more interesting to think of it like >>29894721 , where, you're right,
>No banter with Twilight, no dynamic
Trixie is being Trixie, I think the two like each other, their thing right now is that banter.
Twilight and Discord on the other hand actually do not like each other. They aren't kidding around and Discord isn't looking for a jab back, like with Trixie. He's actively trying to hurt Twilight.
>>
>>29895373
I think the main problem is that it is unclear how much he actually cares about her, if at all. There is a possibility that he tries to better her the only way he knows, by being a dick, but there's no concrete proof for that and against that. I think that's the worst part of it, I don't think their interactions would get worse if his agenda was to be revealed. If, again, there even is any. He still plans his moves to reach his own goals, and Twilight being the most powerful being who would even give him her time of the day is the most obvious target. She doesn't just ignore him, she takes him seriously not matter what. How can he NOT bother her? He can't even mess with Trixie on the same level as Twilight, her responces are not nearly the same and in the end he can't really influence her. Twilight does learn from him whether she likes it or not. That's a very fickle relationship that can get really deep if the writers would just do it justice. Discord is just easy to write as chaotic-dickish and leave him at that.
>>
>>29895457
>>29895457
>There is a possibility that he tries to better her the only way he knows, by being a dick, but there's no concrete proof for that and against that.
He tends to get very smug and showoff-y when ever he does anything good or nice. Not that it's proof, but I feel like he would crack a bit after she learned a lesson or whatever. Like you said, he could just be poker facing it, but that's just so unlike him.

>>29895457
>That's a very fickle relationship that can get really deep if the writers would just do it justice.
Fuck man, 100% this. I love an episode where maybe they were forced to be together for an extended period of time, alone and eventually they flat out said they didn't like each other.
Maybe Twilight asks why he is always fucking with her, and because they've been annoying each other confined for a while, he just flat out says it.
Twilight could then fess up that everytime Discord was all in her face with "Youuu are my FRIEND...aren't you?" she was mostly bullshitting her answer.
This could lead to maybe a bit of bonding and then maybe a common interest in something, like Discord's chaos magic. Maybe there's a way he could teach Twilight some, and they actually become friends.
>>
>>29895546
Absolutely, that's what I've been thinking as well. Just have an episode where they have to work together. I dunno, capture them somewhere magic doesn't work properly and they need excessive planning to get out but Twilight gives up after a while, blaming Discord for fucking things up again, not budging no matter what charade he puts up. So it's up to him to actually be sincere. It doesn't have to be pretty or in her favour, just straightforward. That's the best he can do for her, be honest. And same goes for her. Just accept they don't like each other one bit and work despite that, because neither of them wants to be stuck together. It doesn't have to end it friendship, but trust can go a long way.
They both can learn a lot from each other and there's a lot of real lessons to be had. Shame that we won't probably see a lot of Discord at all this season, he just now got some actual friends and seems like his attitude is changing a bit, I would love to see more of him.
>>
>>29895635
>Shame that we won't probably see a lot of Discord at all this season
I don't know, I bet we see more of him. I'd guess his weird friend group is going to get a solid amount of screen time.
An episode like this could actually happen, there's literally nothing in the way of it.

Hell, the season opener was him fucking with her hardcore, super blatantly. Fingers crossed they're setting up for an episode where they actually talk about it to each other.
>>
>>29895679
I can only hope. It's just De Lancie couldn't even remember that he had recorded something for S7 so people panic that Discord isn't getting a lot of spotlight this season. I'd like to think they are setting something up. Starlight and Trixie were both excellent so far and had some actual development, there's no reason for Discord not to get an episode like that, knowing that he is kinda with that pink-heart group now. I doubt they'll drop Fluttershy out of it as well.
One thing they could tie it in to would be the very same "don't use magic to solve your problems" lesson. In Make New Friends Discord basically had to do something without just fucking shit up with chaos magic. It was a test of his nature. So something like that could be employed for Twilight episode as well.
I wonder if they even remember that Twilight did show him that she cares in Twilight's Kingdom and Discord did react to it. So there is definitely a basis for development here.
>>
>>29895746
It's like De Lancie's job to fuck with people. He's probably just trolling.

>I wonder if they even remember that Twilight did show him that she cares
Now you're asking too much of the current writers.
>>
>>29894502
>Honestly I don't get the shippers anywhere.*
fixd
>>
The more they hate eachother, the more you ship them
>>
File: 1434767701228.jpg (62KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1434767701228.jpg
62KB, 640x640px
>>29895767
>Now you're asking too much of the current writers.
Every time I remember that most of them don't even watch the show I die a little inside.
>>
File: 1486702144697.png (233KB, 500x385px)
1486702144697.png
233KB, 500x385px
>>29895788
The thing is they don't hate each other, just dislike.
That's what's weird about it. There's no passion, just distaste.

>>29895783
I kinda get Fluttercord. But it's super forced.
All the other ones are as retarded as Twicord.

>>29895826
>pic related
>>
>>29894721
If he didn't care about Twilight, then her never would have given her the clue to opening the chest or give her the kick in the pants she needed to get out of her princess funk and realize being a princess doesn't change who she is.

He helps her in other episodes too. He just likes to have his jollies too. To him, a few laughs at others expenses is fair payment for his aide, whether his help is asked for or not.
>>
>>29896358
Fair point. Seems kinda harsh though, but I guess that's his thing.
>>
>>29896358
The whole princess thing wouldn't even happen if Discord didn't start shit though. Granted he dislikes her serious attitude but I don't think it matters to him more than it being a target for his chaotic pranks.
>>
>>29894721
Discord rarely has malicious intent, he tends to mess with everyone to see where it goes. Throwing the plot off course is a theme that is present in all his episodes he's not the main character in.

He's not actively trying to harm Twilight, it's just that Twilight can be a total wild card when her strings are pulled and he finds it entertaining. Discord knows better than to screw with the main cast's friendship dynamic again, so he makes fun of it and tries to push it as far as it can go.
>>
>>29895341
This. His dynamic with Twilight was very boring since it never create nay response from Twilight or doesnt bond with Discord.

Luckily his presence in Celestial Advice wasn't there to annoy Twilight. Entire joke was that he was genuine and was super excited to create a harem with Starlight, Trixie and Fluttershy at his place.
>>
>>29895783
To be frank, i think it would make sense for Discord to hook up with Fluttershy based on his experience with her

And i could see Fluttershy falling for Discord seeing how funny he is and how pretctfull he is toward her.
Every woman wants someone who is nice but also strong enough to protect her and her offspring. It's a natural instinct.
>>
>>29897855
>Twilight can be a total wild card
I think it's the opposite. When did she ever act unpredictable? Even in WAD he maybe didn't know that the jealousy fit would happen but he for sure had the idea of throwing Twilight off balance.
>Discord knows better than to screw with the main cast's friendship dynamic again
Like encouraging Twilight's friends to not invite her because he "didn't want to interrupt"?

Sure, he's always right at the end, he can act condescending all he wants saying it's for the sake of friendship. The very same friends Twilight was proclaiming in ABU to understand her without even saying a word didn't even bat an eye in WAD, that maybe there's a reason she tries to recreacte the moment other than to study it. Worst of all it's like it was Twilight's fault all along and they had to forgive her in the end like she did something wrong. Are they even her friends at all? Was one weekend with Discord enough to bond with him that much that Twilight's worries are offensive to them, blatantly saying "you're full of shit"? They have to see her crying and spelling it out to get the hint and then say they don't "begrudge" her for it. Yeah, Twilight, it's ok to feel like shit, we forgive you, just don't question our friendship with the spirit of deception and disharmony again, you're acting wierd.
>>
>>29897987
Honestly WAD was a fucking abomination of an episode that even the writers forget happened. It doesn't fit in any other episodes' depictions of him at all and was as of it was set in an alternate timeline right from the start.
However Discord knowing Twilight is strong enough to overcome his nonsense isn't implausible. What he did in WAD can be considered him trying to push her buttons and/or outright test her bond with her friends, but it just comes across as harsh because of how Twilight can't stand him in general.

>when did she ever act unpredictable?
When she's thrown off by Discord acting cryptic or intrusive. Discord's interactions tend to make her stop and think on the spot like in Princess Twilight Sparkle, Three's a Crowd and Celestial Advice. In PTS it actually made her do something completely stupid so he knows he can get somewhere doing that.
>>
>>29897921
>Entire joke was that he was genuine and was super excited to create a harem with Starlight, Trixie and Fluttershy at his place.
That was funny as hell. But it doesn't invalidate the fundamental conflict between the God of Chaos and the Princess who also happens to be an Element of Harmony. Antipathy has to be part of their relationship because their identities are fundamentally opposed. And because Twi is constrained by decorum and forced to give him the benefit of the doubt Discord can pretty much needle her with impunity. Which I'm sure is fun for de Lancie.
>>
>>29898112
>However Discord knowing Twilight is strong enough to overcome his nonsense isn't implausible
I think it's the case, he can push her a lot knowing that she won't break but I don't think testing M6 bonds is even necessary. In Twilight's Kingdom he himself felt it, as well as Twilight's dedication to count him as a friend to which he did respond positively. He wasn't the main problem in WAD, everyone else was. It's just another case of characters acting up for the plot, almost like in MMDW and 28 Pranks. Sure the means justify the end because the outcome is positive and teaches a lesson but it's the execution that suffers.

What was stupid in PTS? If anything she was acting unreasonable abandoning her friends and it was Discord who pushed her in the right direction.

She does of course react to Discord every time and I think that's the reason he spends so much time with her. Of all the ponies she's the one who takes him seriously, she doesn't dismiss him as just a jester. She is actually willing to learn from him and I think he does appreciate it in some way. She doesn't take him for granted like Fluttershy and her serious and sometimes stuck-up attitude invites more pranks both because she can take them without breaking and because she can always find something to take from them, becoming a better person as a result. Which, again, begs for the episode where their relations are explored more thoroughly.
>>
>>29898227
It has been a while since I watched PTS and wrongly assumed Discord shoved her back in the forest just to cause something wild to happen. Twilight was in the wrong and Discord simply pointed it out.

Twilight and Discord could use an episode between the two of them. It stands out a lot whenever those two interact and has already been explored a little with previous episodes. There's still plenty there to elaborate on and put into the main focus.
However it is possible we won't see this happening. The current season may have an episode about how different his interactions with Starlight and Trixie are, and how that influences him. He could undergo a change to his character at some point.
>>
>>29898403
He did shove her back guilt tripping her but to be fair it was the right thing to do. Twilight was overwhelmed with being a princess and didn't really know what to do and how she should act. Discord probably felt it as well. That clash of who she was and who she is now wasn't really explored properly in the show and it's a wasted opportunity, but at least that was a moment of clarity for her.

If they won't elaborate on their relations at all I would prefer seeing him with Starlight and Trixie more instead, with them he has a lot of new space to work with. It's more personal and open than with Twilight so we might just see him developing further because of his new friends. And after that who knows, maybe his whole dynamic will change. Seeing how he can be one of the most interesting characters in the show I would really love to see that. The very fact that he gets a lot of emotional feedback from the audience is already a good indicator that he's working as a character, he just needs to not become too stagnant and I feel like we're coming to that point already, for some he's already nothing more than an annoyance, he needs to move forward to remain relevant.
>>
>>29898204
I wonder if Twilight even feels strongly about him still, in AC she was just mildly annoyed. Maybe she's long past everything else at this point?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.