[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point for that generic song? It feels like they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1474872358316.png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1474872358316.png
108KB, 357x368px
What was the point for that generic song? It feels like they trying to remind us that its still a Mane6 frinedship show and no one else. But they did it in such a S1E01 manner like they tried to introduce newcomers to their bond.

Also if Starlight is suppose to be their friend, Why she isn't included to their frinedship retreat as well as Spike? I can only understand lack of Discord since he would fuck it up with magic.
>>
>>29874321
It was too build up for the gag of the song being pointless
>>
File: No.jpg (18KB, 322x222px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
18KB, 322x222px
>>29874321
It felt like they're not even really characters anymore, they were just generic friends. Two dimensional caricatures of what a group of friends looks like. Their souls were gone.

I saw the face of god, and it was weeping.
>>
>>29874354
Then it went on too long. Should have just done one verse.
>>
File: images.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>29875694
Unless what this anon >>29874354
said, I also am puzzled on how artificial and awkward that song played out. There were no chemistry between them, they just randomly sing a song on how good friends they are without any reason to it. Like it made a lot of sense in S1 premiere and S3 finale but it felt so forcefull and untastefull in that moments. Like the writers wanted to make it look bad in order to explain why they shoudnt burst into random songs.
>>
It was a fucking joke you morons

Perhaps it was too long, but it was still a joke
>>
>>29874321
At this point the show is nothing but pretending to be about friendship, pretending to be good and pretending they're not hypocritical.
>>
>>29874321
There was no point at all, but it was pretty good anyway.
>>
>>29876021
Explain. Jokes usually have a point.
>>
It was meant to contrast the situation with Trixie and Starlight. It was a self-parody. I thought it was pretty funny.
>>
>>29876314
It was hypocritical and an asshole decision.
>>
>>29876314
Oh, that made a bit sense. But why wasn't Starlight and Spike included with Mande6 in the first place?
>>
>>29876379
It's in the premise of the episode and I don't remember. Starlight wanted to be alone with Trixie to teach her how to do advanced magic or something.
>>
>>29876076
Starlight: [...]and they'll probably sing a song.
And then they did.
>>
>>29876694
Must have missed that oart.
If you take this song seriously or actually have an autism and dont understand the ironic message behind it then it can really seem like the worst song in this franchise.

But if the song is like Spike's Anthem at Equestria Games then it make sense.
>>
>>29874321
>But they did it in such a S1E01 manner like they tried to introduce newcomers to their bond.
What if it was a rejected song from the beginning of the movie?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.