[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Age of Strife: An /mlp/ Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 10

File: Pocket Knife, In the Flesh.png (1MB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pocket Knife, In the Flesh.png
1MB, 2000x1200px
Previous Threads:
>https://desuarchive.org/mlp/search/subject/Age%20of%20Strife/
OP image courtesy of an anonymous drawfag from CYOA discussion
ITT: I, OP, will be taking you on a ride through the third age of Equestria. A time long before the original Elements of Harmony were born, with the unification of the three pony tribes still fresh in the minds of Equestrians everywhere, where Princesses Celestia and Luna struggle to maintain peace under the chaotic reign of Discord and ordinary ponies rise to the occasion with the dreams of becoming great heroes and defending their young nation. You are Pocket Knife, a small unicorn in a big world, and the recent victor of the fifty-third Tournament of Spring Champions. With your best friend, Strawberry Fields and North Star, a pony who saved your life, you take on Equestria in search of glory, fame, and dank-ass loot.

This quest will be run in a tabletop system, the 5th edition of D&D to be exact. Meme at me all you want, but this is how I want to do it. It’s fun for me, and I’ll make it fun for you if you trust me and play along. Mechanical babble will be at a minimum except when you guys ask for it. I will, of course, be acting as the Dungeon Master and you all as the players. Feel free to ask any questions on how I run things.

Part Two: A Ballad of the Sun and Moon
Session 4
Last we left off, you had a chat with someone you can only assume to be Death himself, got pulled from the brink, saw Strawberry Fields go full ragemonster, and escaped the battle without dying again.

Give me a moment to hammer out the first post.
>>
File: Castle_of_the_Two_Sisters_S5E26.png (1MB, 1905x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Castle_of_the_Two_Sisters_S5E26.png
1MB, 1905x1075px
>The three of you emerge from the oppressive shadow of the Everfree Forest into a new clearing.
>Before you was a great building, a castle that seemed to reach for the heavens above sitting on a gently sloping hill astride a deep, misty ravine.
>The Castle of the Two Sisters.
>You didn't know much about it. Just that it was built about a year ago as a seat of power for the princesses. You bet it still had that new castle smell.
>Strawberry ushers you across a freshly-built rope bridge and down a beaten path toward the entrance of the castle, saying something about how there's no time to lose. Despite the hell that was today she seemed rather excited.
"Slow down, girl!" you say. "We're far from anypony that wants our heads on a pike."
>"Oh allright!" she huffs. "It's just important that we see them."
>North Star nods "I agree, there would not be a pony in all of Equestria that could match the Sisters' wisdom."

What do you want to say?
>"Heh, good. Kuz I sure have no idea what to do next."
>"Oh yeah, that. Frankly, I just wanted the favor they promised me."
>"I agree with that agreement. The princesses are ponies to be admired."
>Just nod and keep walking.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29869887
>Just nod and keep walking.
>>
File: Sombra.png (46KB, 1224x1328px) Image search: [Google]
Sombra.png
46KB, 1224x1328px
>>29869887
>>29869950

>Without another word, you reach the gatehouse of the castle.
>Oddly enough, there was another pony already there on the steps shouting up at the guards atop the battlements.
>It's... Sombra. Looks like he made it out of there A-okay.
>"And I hope one day you all find a less morally inclined wizard than I, and that wizard shoves a staff of Conjure Fire Elemental up your plotholes and activates it!"
>Well, kind of okay.
>The guards atop the tower laugh at him, throwing back their own jeers.
>"Heh, why you thinkin' so much about our plotholes buddy?"
>Sombra scoffs, but offers no reply.
"Trouble?" you ask, casually rolling up to the frustrated unicorn.
>Sombra immediately looked like he had seen a ghost. "What?! You!? But you-"
"Died?"
>"Precisely!"
"Heaven is overrated, so I came back."
>"I saved him." North said with a tone of mild irritation.
"Well, that too. Thanks, by the way."
>"Anytime."
>Sombra shook his head. "I am happy to see somepony made it out alive. Are you here to see the sisters too?"
"Yeah."
>"Perhaps you would have better luck than I. These damn guards-" Sombra took a moment to shake his hoof up at them "-won't let me in for fear that I am evil. Evil, I tell you! The nerve..."
>"Well, after today, you can't be too sure about anypony." Strawberry suggested.
>"Unfortunately true." He sighed.
"Allow me to handle this." You clear your throat and look up at the battlements. "Hey, it's me, Pocket Knife. I believe I have an invitation!"
>The merry look on the white stallion's face quickly left him as he saw you. He muttered something to the other guard, then shouted down. "I have orders only to let you in. It didn't specify anything about friends!"

Wat do?
>Well, guess I'm going in alone.
>Tell them that they need shelter. What if those murderous ponies came here?
>Tell them to let you all inside or you'll come up there and knock their teeth in.
>Looks like they don't want to budge. Sneak in.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29870301
Tell them they need shelter and we will be responsible for them. Also if the princesses tells them to leave then they will.
>>
>>29870301
Seconding >>29870379
>>
File: castle.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
castle.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Forgot my trip again fuck me
>>29870301
>>29870379
>>29870537

>You roll your eyes.
"Look, buddy, does this toothpick-" you gesture to Sombra "-look murderous to you? We're all just here to take shelter from the battle. I can personally vouch for the good nature of everypony here. Trust me."
>The guard looks conflicted for a moment, but eventually says. "All right. All right. But if something happens, it's your head."
>He dissipated, yelling at some unseen ponies to open the gate.
>"Thank you." Sombra says. "I thought I'd get eaten alive by manticores out here!"
You shrug. "Yeah yeah, no big deal."
>A minutes passes and you hear the grinding of wood on steel as the sizeable double doors to the castle are wrenched open.
>Inside the castle was lavishly adorned with intricate tapestries of pony history and built with high ceilings that mirrored either the black of night or the blue of day.
>A guard led you down the hallways, with two more trailing several feet behind the party.
>Beside you, Strawberry Fields was looking about the many chambers with many "oooh"s and "ahhh"s.
>"What marvelous decor." Sombra breathed. "Ohh, what I'd give to have a peek at their library."
"What I'd give to have a peek at their treasury." you mutter.
>"What was that?" one of the guards asked.
"I said, the beauty of this place is beyond measure...ey."
>The guard frowns at you.

Give me a moment to go buy some microwave lunch and I'll drop the main plot point of this session.
>>
File: Inside.jpg (95KB, 890x897px) Image search: [Google]
Inside.jpg
95KB, 890x897px
>>29870858
>Soon, the halls end in another set of double-doors (oh how the architects of this place love double-doors).
>The guard gives a steely glance your way. "Be on your best behavior.", then proceeds to push them open and into the next room.
>This place was a long, wide hall with the marble floor covered mostly with a plush red rug. Along the sides were numerous stained-glass windows, and many icons of both the sun and moon scattered everywhere. Lined at even intervals along the walls were more guards, standing still as statues.
>At the very end of this hall was a pair of thrones, each decorated in the signature colors of each princess. Sitting comfortably on these thrones were the princesses themselves.
>They were so far away, but you could still feel their royal eyes trained on you and your friends.
>"Now announcing," the guard called, his voice echoing off of the walls "Spring Champion Pocket Knife and company."
>The moment of silence that came next seemed to last whole minutes.
>"Very well." Celestia said. "Guards, thou art dismissed."
>The guard was taken aback. "Princess-"
>"Dismissed, Captain." Luna agreed, her voice quieting him immediately.
>"Yes, Your Grace."
>The captain motioned all of the others to follow. The dozen or so ponies marched in a single-life line, as practiced and uniform as golems.
>With all the ponies but you, your party, and the princesses gone, the doors slammed shut with an ominous noise.
>"Approach." Luna ordered.
>>
>>29871942
>Quietly and respectfully, you all move across the fancy hall and stop a short distance from the Sisters.
>Their very size intimidated you. They looked far larger in person than you had ever imagined.
>And even you couldn't deny their mystic beauty. Celestia, with her mane the colors of the morning that seemed to flow on an intangible breeze. And Luna, with a mane that was like looking up into the night sky itself.
>Celestia smiled warmly. "Welcome, tis a pleasure to see thee in good health, Spring Champion."

Wat do?
>Pass out.
>Bow before your princesses.
>Tell them that the pleasure was yours.
>Ask them why they talk so funny.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29871976
Bow AND tell them that the pleasure is yours.
>>
>>29871976
It's all thanks to North.
Bow, we gotta be polite.
>>
>>29871976
Shit just sent down back at the tourney and I got stepped to death. Oh and I think I saw death.
>>
>>29871976
When we have the time, can we talk one on one with Strawberry? We won the competition. So what did she want?
>>
>>29872332
*sent->went
>>
>"Perhaps you would have better luck than I. These damn guards-" Sombra took a moment to shake his hoof up at them "-won't let me in for fear that I am evil. Evil, I tell you! The nerve..."
>"Well, after today, you can't be too sure about anypony." Strawberry suggested.
>"Unfortunately true." He sighed.
Well, if he was really evil, he would've searched for info about us a bit more thoughly instead of having a pleasant conversation with Fields. That and I'm pretty sure the sisters have sense evil or something.
>>
>Other (Specify)
>this post >>29872332
Huh. I guess my post with the "shit going down" comment would be listed under other.
>>
>>29871976
>>29872130
>>29872332
>You give them a formal bow before saying anything, holding it for just long enough not to be awkward.
"I wouldn't be if not for the moderator of your tournament, North Star."
>North smiles and nods at you, please to be given credit in front of the princesses.
"I was wounded fatally, until she... what did you do, exactly?"
>"I used an Undying Crystal, Your Grace." North Star explained "We kept one just in case there was an unfortunate accident during the tournament. I only wish I had more."
>Luna nodded, humming thoughtfully. "Thou art a lucky one, Spring Champion, few crystals of such magic exist in Equestria."
>"Tis a truly frightening thing that has transpired this day." Celestia added. "We have not received word from our commander in some time. Can'st thou tell us of any significant event that took place before thy premature death?"
>You stop to think, sorting through all of haze that was today.
"One of them said something before I, uh, you know. He said "The horde must have a queen". I think a few more screamed it after that. I can't say I know what they meant."
>Just for a split second, you could see a shift in the Princess Celestia's demeanor.
>"Thank you, Spring Champion, this information may prove invaluable." she said. "And, finally, this has been a grim time indeed, but we are not ponies to ignore our own word. We have not forgotten what thou has't earned by the sweat of thy-..."
>Princess Celestia sighed. "Luna, the guards have left. We are alone. Wouldn't it be best to drop the royal dialect for a little while? I'd feel my words would be more sincere."
>Luna shot her sister an annoyed scowl. "Have it your way, sister."
>Pleased, Celestia cleared her throat. "I haven't forgotten our promise. Whatever is in our power to grant, we shall grant."
>"Within reason, of course." Luna added quickly.
>"Haha, of course. You'd be amazed how many ponies have asked for our hooves in marriage."

What do you want, /mlp/?
>>
>>29873346
Can we have some equipment from your armory that I assume to be good? Or gold. Also a room we can always sleep in here at the castle.
>>
>>29873346
Can we have a moment to talk to Berry alone? Maybe off to the side and whispering? We're here, we won and we're alive. What did our best friend want?
>>
>>29873500
>doesn't want to go dungeon crawling or murder hoboing for loot.
What are you, some scrub? You can think of something better then that.
>>
>>29873624
How about YOU think of something better then that. And we can still do that we'll just have a go between where we can rest on a comfty bed.
>>
If we can't think of anything, why not just save it for later? Or ask our friends what they think? Or maybe ask for one or two undying crystals, those things seems pretty useful to have in the future.
>>
>>29873682
Well...shoot ok. You ideas are pretty good, I'll give you that. I just don't think it's taking full advantage of our favor. Weapons, armor and gear from their armory would consist of all sorts or guard equipment. Pockets a rogue so he'd need something light which he already has, Strawberry is a barbarian and they typically don't wear armor and North is a cleric....they do whatever I guess?

Point is, i think we could get all of the standard stuff if the princesses are feeling especially hospitable, and if we asked very nicely. The beds might be included with a good persuasion roll.

Now, we could use or favor to have a pick of their personal armory (if they have one), but that seems like a dickish thing to do. Like some mortal just walts in and ask for you +5 vorpal dagger or some shite.
>>
File: ainsley.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ainsley.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>29874035
>North is a cleric
That's what you think
>>
>>29874024
I wouldn't consider North Star a full fledge friend yet. Maybe a really nice person we would like to know more in the future. Saving Pocket Knife's life did give her some brownie points though.

I agree with asking for their opinion. And those revival Crystal would be very useful.
>>
>>29874035
Maybe we should ask for a wizard companion? Or a bat one. Maybe they'll have that mythril armor from lord of the rings that as strong as steel but light as silk.
>>
>>29874179
>Maybe we should ask for a wizard companion?
I think it's obvious by now that Sombrero is going to be the party's wizard. Why the fuck would the QM just randomly put him in there if he didn't serve a purpose?
>>
>>29874179
>wizard companion
>not getting Sombra to join us
>not engaging him in passionate, hot, deep, friendship and bromance
>>
>>29874083
>That's what you think
What? Did I miss some detail about her last thread? Are you implying some serious plot hook material here, hhhhmmmmm?

Or is she some other class of healer? Paladin? Priestess? Atheist Cleric? I know there's a few others but I can't remember what they're called.
>>
>>29874219
Hey, we could have TWO wizards and they could break everything. But yeah you're right.
>>
>>29874179
Noooooooo. Ha no no no no no. We are too "low level" for any of that. I don't remember the term but that's like a McGuffin?
>>29874219
>>29874239
These guys have the right idea. Don't waste our favor on something so lazy. Too much "asking for something to be handed to us on a silver platter" mojo.
>>
>>29874254
>Atheist Cleric
Actually all Clerics within the setting are like this. Since religion is not really a thing in Equestira, the gods are just shadowy background figures without any real interest in ponies. Clerics will follow a "Temple" that corresponds with their domain. For example, the Temple of Life will be an order of healers, the Temple of War will be an order of holy warriors, the Temple of Death will be undertakers and administers of funeral rites, ect.

As for North not being a cleric, all will be revealed. Eventually.
>>
>>29874254
Maybe she's not even a healer, she used an item to save us, and I don't remember her actually using any healing spells yet. Though my memory could be faulty.
>>
So far, we've shaved it down to

>Consult the party
>Ask for dank loot
>>
>>29874361
Yeah it's your memory. I think she healed Strawberry once.
>>
>>29874390
Consult party, but mostly Strawberry. I want to know what she wanted!
>>
>>29874449
What was she hidiiiing.
>>
>>29874507
What had her so flustered.
>>
I'm surprised nobody suggested ask for marriage anyway. Anyway,

>>29873346
Going with >>29874449

"Your Highnesses," you ask "may I consult with my acquaintances? This is a very important decision after all."
>Celestia gives you another smile, giving you a nice and warm feeling inside. "Of course."
>You nod, motioning to everyone else for a group huddle.
"Okay, so, this is really big. Strawberry, a deal is a deal."
>"Uh oh."
"Tell me; what were you going to ask for?"
>Strawberry's face turns as red as her namesake.
>She mutters something incomprehensible.
"I'm sorry, what was that?"
>"I said..." she took a deep breath. "I wanted to, um, I wanted the princesses to make me one of their personal guard. You know. Protect them and stuff."
"Really?"
>You shoot a glance at the Sisters. Celestia doesn't seem to be affected, but Luna looks at you with an eyebrow cocked.
>"That's it?" North Star asks. "That's a very prestigious position. I wouldn't blame you for wanting it, honey."
>"I don't care about titles or prestige or anything like that, I just wanted to be... close to them, you know? I've admired the princesses as a filly and I wanted to get to know them."

How do you react?
>Egads, my best friend is in love with the Sisters.
>Hey, if it's what you want, it's what you want.
>I would've gone for something a little more shiny and valuable.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29874836
>Egads, my best friend is in love with the Sisters.
>Hey, if it's what you want, it's what you want.
>I would've gone for something a little more shiny and valuable.
Some combination of all three. Egads, her love belongs to another, but if that is what she so desired then so be it. Personally we would have choose something practical like gold or weapons. If Strawberry wants this we probably won't see each other for a while.
>>
>>29874836
Hey if that's what you want.
She could just ask though since she's here.
Anyway ask for loot.
>>
>>29874836
Proclame love for Strawberry. Weather she harbors the same feelings towards Pocket, she loves another, or she doesn't really care, at the very least he'll get that off his chest.
>>
>>29875016
But what about Berry's dream of being their personal guard?
>>
>>29875118
Perhaps this is neither the time nor the place. Come on, if you're going to do that make it climatic.
>>
>>29875165
We could just say fuck our wish and give it to Berry.
>>
>>29875177
Point point.
>>
>>29875177
Something as prestigious as a position as personal guard should be earned through skill, merit and heart. Our friend already has two out of the three. Maybe if we go on another adventure maybe...?
>>
>>29875165
If they don't hire her and we have to waste a wish in order for them to take her on then I don't really know if that's how you want to remember getting into the position.
Then again what would she care because she's always where she wanted to be and we're up shit creek.
>>
>>29875275
Maybe we should ask her if she would want us to get her the position, along with explaining the pro's and con's.
If they reject Berry for a position as personal guard then they would let us choose something else, right?
>>
>>29875177
What if we hold off on the favor?
>>
>>29875308
You know what? Fuck it, let's just throw the wish away and leave. She can have her job. She's gonna owe us big time though.
>>
So, I'll narrow it down to

>Give up your favor for her
>Save the favor for another time
>Ask for loot

The latter two include putting a good work in with the princesses so she can get the position on her own merits.
>>
>>29875564
Voting to ask for loot. She should earn a spot.
>>
>>29875564
Save favor for another time. Ask what the princesses know about this Queen nonsense and what they think we should do.
>>
I bet we'll get more leeway for the favor if we do a bunch of stuff. Like kill a hostile dragon or something.
>>
>>29875564
I don't think loot matters. Beard would just make challenges to meet our power
>>
>>29874836
>>29875623 (Evens)
>>29875625 (Odds)
Rolling 1d2... Even! Loot it is!

>She shakes her head. "It's a foalish thing, but when have I ever grown up?."
"You know," you say "maybe you don't need to win the tournament to do it. Maybe it's something you could earn on your own merits?"
>"You really don't think it's silly?"
"Naw."
>She grins. "Okay, thanks for... just thanks. So, what are you going to ask them for, 'Spring Champion'?"
"Eh, you know me."
>"Something shiny, eh?"
"Nail, meet head."
>"Darn," Luna grumbled "I would have figured this one more original!"
"Your Highness!" you protest "I haven't even asked for anything yet!"
>"Was it going to be something possibly magical made of gold and/or valuable gemstones?" Celestia teased.
"Well... yes."
>She chuckled merrily. "I believe this is the perfect opportunity."
>"You really mean to give it to him?" Luna asks.
>"Of course."
>Your ears perk up at the word "give".
"Give me what, Your Highness?"
>Gracefully, Celestia slipped out of her throne, stopping a moment to stretch her legs and wings.
>"Come with me. There is something I wish to show you. All of you."
>Celestia turns away, lighting up her horn with a golden light. Instantly, the same light appears on the adjacent wall. Many magical runes flash in and out of existence on the surface of the stone. Most of them you recognize as transmutation symbols. Soon, the wall melts away to nonexistence, leaving a doorway to a hall that leads down.
>Princess Luna leaves her throne and follows her sister down the secret hallway, motioning with her eyes for you all to follow.

>cont
>>
File: Tree of Harmony.png (609KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Tree of Harmony.png
609KB, 1000x563px
>>29876001
>The path down was deep, dark, and filled with cobwebs. By the light of your horn, you could see this place was roughly constructed and wasn't used to being walked in.
>The pathway let to a large circular room. In the middle of this room, a platform connected to an intricate series of chains and pulleys. On the far end of the room was a lever connected to the mess of machinery.
>"Are you sure this thing can hold all of us?" North asked uneasily.
>Strawberry gave a smug grin. "I'm pretty heavy, but neither you, Pocket, or ol' wizzy here looks like you've lifted anything heavier than a spoon." She hummed with pity. "Not a pound between the three of you. I bet a stiff breeze would send you to the Crystal Empire."
>"I find this offensive!" Sombra interjected.
"Are you having fun back there?" you ask.
>"Loads!" Fields replied.
>"You are rather rude, Miss Fields." Sombra said.
>"Why are you following us again, Wizzy?" Strawberry asks him.
>"My name is Sombra! And, it's becasue I'm quite intrigued, actually."
>"Are you going to ride the elevator or would you all prefer to jump?" Luna asks you impatiently.
"Right away, Your Highness."

>...

>The elevator seemed to hold up pretty well, despite all the rickety clickety clack the contraption made. The ride was short, and when it ended, it led to a cavern.
>This cavern was odd, though. Rather than the cramped darkness of a cave, this place refreshingly cool and well lit. A dull bluish light seeped in from massive crystals embedded into its high ceilings.

>cont still
>>
>>29876205
>The place winded on and on, but when it ended, it ended with a bang.
>At the end of the cavern was some... construct of unnatural beauty. It looked like a willow tree made of pure deep blue crystal. All around this place grew strange vines and glowing plates, blossoming with pink flowers.
>The tree had a trunk etched with the cutie marks of both Celestia and Luna, and further up you counted six major branches. Each of them ending in a larger crystal.
>You notice that one of these larger crystals was embedded with a gem that looked a bit out of place; a large sapphire that was as bright blue as a clear sky.
>"What... is this place?" North Star breathes.
>"I thought the castle was pretty." Fields comments. "This is... woah."
>"We call it the Cave of Harmony." Celestia answered. It appeared that even she was enamored by the construct before you all.
>"And this is the Tree of Harmony." Luna added. "Our best kept secret."

You've got a lot of questions rolling around in your head. Which is first?
>What the hell is the Tree of Harmony and what does it do?
>If it's your best kept secret then why are you showing a bunch of ponies?
>Why are your cutie marks etched on that thing?
>What's that gem thingy right there?
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29876338
again, forgot trip
>>
>>29876338
Why are your cutie marks on it?
>>
>>29876338
What is all of this?
>>
>>29876338
What does this have to do with anything that's going on?
>>
>>29876338
Is so incandescent. So beautiful. Can we touch it?
>>
>>29876338
With Pocket being the roguish fellow he is, I can imagine him grinding against the tree. It's just so shiny and valuable!
>>
>>29876338
What is the Tree of Harmony?
>>
>>29876348
Can we romance Sombra?
>>
>>29876338
Combo of
>>29876397
and
>>29876496

"Princess," you say "what... what is all of this? What does this have to do with anything?"
>"I'm a little lost myself." Strawberry agrees.
>"I suppose it is time to come clean." Celestia says in a melancholy tone. "But that is a long story, if you'd care to listen to it."
"I've got all the time in the world."
>"I'd certainly love a history lesson from the Sisters." Sombra says.
>"Then I suppose we should begin with The Tree of Harmony." Luna says. "If you are wondering, no, even we don't fully know what it is. It predates our time here on Equestria."
>Celestia adds "What we can say is that it houses what we have come to call "The Elements of Harmony", or at least it did originally. We discovered them long ago. The Elements are great artifacts that have the power to dispel even the most powerful of evil magics when brought together. We have yet to find a problem that they could not solve."
>"There is one problem, though." Luna continues. "The courts of the faeponies, in their "infinite wisdom" has seen fit to separate the elements so that they cannot fall into the clutches of a single evil individual. This happened after we, uh, we..."
>"What is it princess?" Strawberry asks.
>"We lost one of them." Celestia says, her voice carrying a barely perceptible tone of embarrassment. "In our first battle with Discord, we were too sure of the Elements power and we allowed Discord to snatch one from us. Individually, they are powerful. But without all six of them, we could not defeat him."

How do you feel about this?
>Shaken. The princesses losing? That's not something you want to hear.
>Indifferent. Hey, nopony's perfect. Not even alicorns.
>Confused. How could the princesses be so reckless?
>Scared. They let Discord, of all people, have a magic artifact? What does that mean for all of us?
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29876836
Confused more then anything for me.
>>
>>29876836
How can the last one be reclaimed? Any idea where it might be?
>>
>>29876836
>>29876975
>>29876981

"Where is it now?"
>"The last we saw of it," Luna says "it was clutched in the claws of Discord himself. What he did with it afterward, I cannot say."
"And the rest of them? You said there were six, correct?"
>"Yes." Celestia points out a hollow spot on each branch of the tree where a gem about the size of a hoof would go. "Each one represents an aspect of harmony. The blue one up there is Loyalty, Discord is in possession of Generosity. The other four; Magic, Kindness, Laughter, and Honesty are... very far away."
>"What do you mean by "far", Your Grace?" Sombra asks.
>"Not far by our traditional perception of distance. They are in fact on different planes of existence. No amount of mundane travel will take you to these places."
>"Planes of existence?" Fields questions. "Princess, is this an elaborate prank? What are you talking about."
>"I can explain this, if I may, Your Grace." Sombra says.
>"Be our guest." Luna says.
>Clearing his throat, he walks closer to the Tree of Harmony and inspects it. "The "other planes" of which our sovereigns speak are alternate realities that personify different concepts."
>He begins pacing as he talks, not looking anypony in the eye, but staring at the floor instead. "In the outer planes, many, MANY planes that represent a number of concepts exist, but I am assuming the princesses speak of out more local planes, those close to Equestria in the grand cosmology, am I correct?"
>"You are." Celestia answers.
>"In that case, there are only about six planes we need to worry about. The planes of the Great Cycle. The twin planes of Day and Night, as well as the four planes of Summer, Winter, Spring, and Autumn. That is, unfortunately, the extent of my knowledge. Nopony has actually been to these planes, other than, I am assuming, Celestia and Luna. By the context of what-"
>"I'll take it from here, my friend." Celestia places a hoof on his shoulder, urging the unicorn to stop his pacing.

cont
>>
>>29877249
I know it's very infodumpy but bear with me.
>"On each of these planes is a court of faeponies-" Luna explains.
"What in the world are faeponies?" you blurt out.
>"Ponies that are not suited to Equestria, they all hail from different planes. Their ways of life are starkly different than our own. Even more so than that of the three pony tribes. They organize themselves into four "courts" of rulership, one four each seasonal plane. Each one has a head, which we used to keep in close contact with before our blunder with the Elements. Each of the courts have unanimously ruled that the Elements be separated. They may deny it as such, but they betrayed our trust and stole the Elements from us and whisked it back to their home panes, allowing us this one to ourselves."
>"Quite ironic that they chose to leave Loyalty." Celestia added.
"This is all very interesting, and hell, I'll go as far to say I'll say weird, but why are you telling all this? What does it have to do with a bunch of ragtag ponies"
>"Who cares why?!" Sombra protested "Keep going!"
>Celestia let out a small laugh. "Pocket Knife, before grant you our promised favor, we must ask a favor of you. Though, it is far to great to be called a favor."
>Luna smirked. "I'd go as far as to call it a "quest".
>North Star barely kept herself from letting a small gasp escape. "A quest from the princesses?"
"Yeah, I saw that coming."
>"We accept!" Strawberry instantly said, rushing forward to bow down before the Sisters. "Whatever it is, we accept!"

Wat do?
>Hold up, hold up. Let's hear what it is first!
>You know what? I'm game. What Fields said. Let's go.
>Uh uh, NO. Not even the princesses themselves can pressure me into being somepony's errand colt!
>Other (Specify)
>>
This next one will be last one for a while. Got to piss, eat, and go get ready to fuck around with errands tomorrow.
>>
>>29877479
Can we have one of your hooves in marriage if we succeed this so far deadly sounding quest.
>>
>>29877479
Uuuuhhh....can I have a replacement for my bow then? Uhm not using the favor of course!
>>
>>29877479
So you want us to go dimension hopping and steal back the elements from governments that probably have them under extreme lock down. For what? One little trinket. Gonna need a little more than that to sweeten the deal.
>>
>>29877564
Let's wait till Berry actually rejects us before we do some shit like that.
>>
>>29877585
How about we say it in a joking manner to gauge her reaction?
>>
>>29877585
Berry is in the past it's time to move on to bigger and better things.
>>
>>29877615
N-never! Not yet. Not.....not until we know for sure.
>>
>>29877646
You're pretty clingy, stop that. There's nothing here.
>>
>>29877571
Holy cow anon. Shrewd much? You can't word that in a manner that seems less annoying? At least from the princesses perspective?
>>
>>29877679
You don't know that.
>>
>>29877479
So does that mean loyalty and generosity represent the twins Day and Night?
>>
>>29877699
With the evidence we have and past experiences the chances of a relationship happening are low. If she wants to go out with us then she can make the choice on her own but waiting around for her is a pointless waste of time.
>>
File: hand rubbing intensifies.png (20KB, 190x225px) Image search: [Google]
hand rubbing intensifies.png
20KB, 190x225px
>>29877479
Going with >>29877571
And a little bit of >>29877564 for shits and giggles.
At this point we're essentially playing Han Solo: The Pony

"Hang on hang on hang on, everypony."
>You grab Strawberry by her dumb blonde ponytail and goad her to her hooves.
"Before we go headfirst into what sounds like a massive, dangerous task that probably involves magic beyond even my understanding, I have to ask one question."
>"Oh, what would that be, Spring Champion?" Luna asks.
"What's in it for me?"
>"Oh, Pocket! Really?!" Berry slugs you in the shoulder. Ow. "These are the Sisters you're talking to!"
"I know that!" You snap back. "But this sounds like it's going to involve a lot of personal risk. My gandpappy Athame always said; "Don't take any personal risk without any personal reward", and also something about checking for an adams apple, but that's beside the point."
>Luna rolled her eyes. "I would rather employ the services of a loyal citizen than a glorified mercenary, but if wealth is the only thing that will motivate you, we surely have plenty of it."
>Plenty of it
>Now that's what you like to hear!
>"We were going to offer compensation for services rendered anyway, don't be so harsh, sister!" Celestia said.
>"This should get you started."
>Out of nowhere, the alicorn produces a burlap sack. By the jingle of it, you know EXACTLY what's contained within it."
>With another jingle, she tosses the bag, which you greedily catch in your telekinesis.
>North rolls her eyes. "How much is it?" she asks with feigned interest.
>Curious, you jingle the bag to your ear.
"About two thousand-"
>You take a good whiff, savoring in the aroma
"-nine hundred-"
>You select a coin and touch it to your tongue.
"-sixty two. Give or take a few bits."
>"Is that satisfactory for the time being?" Celestia asks with a trace of humor.
"Oh yeah. You have my attention, Your Grace."

>Cont
>>
What do these elements look like? Will we know it when we see it? Do they have any means to track down Generosity? Like somw trqcking device? So these Elements originated from these other planes?
>>
>>29877837
Pffffft. Is no one wondering how Pocket knows how many bits are in there?
>>
>>29877837
>Luna scoffs.
>Celestia shoots her a patient look, but goes on to say "By now you've guessed that we wish you to return the elements to us. You are correct in assuming that it will be dangerous. But I assure you, it is of the utmost importance. Without the Elements, Discord will continue to creep north, and whatever causes these ponies to murder will go unchecked. So, I ask once more, will you take this task for Equestria?"
>You eyes dart around, moving from the sack of loot, to Strawberry's pleading face, to Luna's stony gaze, and then finally to Celestia's near-constant look of serenity.

Well?
>>
>>29877913
Yeah sure ok. The contract is sealed. Offer your hoof to both of them and shake. I'll deliver the elements. The funny thing is I have a feeling most of this money we got now is going to be spent on succeeding this mission.
>>
>>29877913
Do it for Berry's chance at that sweet gig as personal guard. And maybe Equestria. Where would we even start, and can restock on a few things? Light crossbow / shortbow (or both), more daggers, another weapon for Berry, something for North....

Sure why not? Does Sombra want to join us in this quest?
>>
Oh right, very important, can berry be your guard if we succeed?
>>
>>29877964
Or would you consider her to be a candidate?
>>
Phoneposting for the rest of the night. Probably gonna have to do a quick timeskip so I can just glaze over the more boring info.
>>
>>29877913
>You eyes dart around, moving from the sack of loot, to Strawberry's pleading face, to Luna's stony gaze, and then finally to Celestia's near-constant look of serenity.
Image a foursome.
>>
>>29877973
If we survive this bullshit then that should be more then enough to prove that she's capable. Settle for guard and no less.
>>
>>29877985
We WILL get some gear, hints and directions before this time skip right?
>>
If Knife and Strawberry fucked, would it be softcore or dom & sub? I like to image Berry is secretly a sub.
>>
>>29878043
Even though that's probably never going to happen I'm pretty sure Berry would still be the Dom.
>>
>>29878096
Mmmmmmnnaaaaaah. I'd like to imagine her tied up with silk ropes (stronger then typical rope) or chains. Yeah that's hot.......I wonder if I should do a green text of that.

Dunno. MaybeDwarfBeard, will roll for sexuality/kink/no kink. Or maybe he already knows Strawberry's preference.
>>
>>29878096
I'll fight for the ship I believe in. Lots of plotting, scheming, honeyed words and romantic gestures should do the trick.
>>
>>29878160
No matter how hard you try to steer it, this quest will not turn into porn.

Not in the main threads anyway
>>
>>29878296
Oh no. More along the lines of doing some green text for shits and giggles.
>>
Anyhow, it looks like a yes, so we'll turn the clock forward next time. The way things are going, I may have time to run tommorow. So if you want to keep the thread bumped, go apeshit, at least until I say otherwise.
>>
File: Leaf.png (135KB, 872x836px) Image search: [Google]
Leaf.png
135KB, 872x836px
>>29878600
You can count on us OP
>>
Also, by the way,

L E V E L U P
E
V
E
L
U
P

So we can do two things with level 4: +2 points to spend on ability score, or we can take a feat. Which one?
>>
>>29878891
What kind of feats are available?
>>
>>29878999
Well, I guess I can't list them all. Just tell me what you want pocket to be better at, and then I'll either find (or make up) a feat for it.
>>
>>29878891
Maybe later? Give us time to think.
>>
>>29879049
This>>29879084
>>
File: 1490092422984.png (147KB, 449x623px) Image search: [Google]
1490092422984.png
147KB, 449x623px
>>29878999
checking these trips
>>
2x9
>>
3x9
>>
>9
>>
>>29879049
Not sure if any of you anons took the time or know any better, but I think I found some Feats appropriate to Pocket Knifes skill set. Of course there is always taking a boost to Ability scores. Either one.

SKULKER (sneak good)
Prerequisite: Dexterity 13 or higher
You are expert at slinking through shadows. You gain the following benefits:

-You can try to hide when you are lightly obscured from the creature from which you are hiding.

-When you are hidden from a creature and miss it with a ranged weapon attack, making the attack doesn't reveal your position.
-Dim light doesn’t impose disadvantage on your Wisdom (Perception) checks relying on sight.

LUCKY (i.e. roll 2 dice and choose the one you want)
You have inexplicable luck that seems to kick in at just the right moment.
You have 3 luck points. Whenever you make an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw, you can spend one luck point to roll an additional d20. You can choose to spend one of your luck points after you roll the die, but before the outcome is determined. You choose which of the d20s is used for the attack roll, ability check, or saving throw.
You can also spend one luck point when an attack roll is made against you. Roll a d20, and then choose whether the attack uses the attacker’s roll or yours.
If more than one creature spends a luck point to influence the outcome of a roll, the points cancel each other out; no additional dice are rolled.
You regain your expended luck points when you finish a long rest.
>>
>>29883104
INSPIRING LEADER
Prerequisite: Charisma 13 or higher
You can spend 10 minutes inspiring your companions, shoring up their resolve to fight. W hen you do so, choose up to six friendly creatures (which can include yourself) within 30 feet of you who can see or hear you and who can understand you. Each creature can gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Charisma modifier. A creature can’t gain temporary hit points from this feat again until it has finished a short or long rest.

BURGLAR (looting)
You pride yourself on your quickness and your close study of certain clandestine activities. You gain the following benefits:

-Increase your Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.

-You gain proficiency with thieves’ tools. If you are already proficient with them, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with them.

TWO-WEAPON MASTER

This Feat is supposed to be an Improved Version of the Dual Wielder Feat
You have become a master at wielding two weapons, gaining the following benefits:

-Once per turn when you hit a creature with a bonus attack granted by two-weapon fighting, you can immediately make another attack with the same weapon.

-Before you make a melee attack with a light weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack’s damage.

-You gain a +1 bonus to AC while you are wielding a separate melee weapon in each hand.

DAGGER EXPERT

You wield the lightest blades with the deadliest skill. You gain the following benefits:

-Your throwing range for daggers increases to 30/90 feet.

-Any hit you score with a dagger against a creature that is surprised is a critical hit.

-When you use use a bonus action to make an attack with a dagger using two-weapon fighting, you can make two attacks with the dagger, instead of one.

-You gain advantage on any Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) checks to conceal a dagger on your person.
>>
>>29883108
DAGGER MASTER

-You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with a dagger.

-If you have advantage on an attack roll made with a dagger, its damage dice increases from d4 to d6. (This benefit has no effect if another feature has already improved the weapon's die.)

-When you make an opportunity attack with a dagger, you can also move 5 feet (if your speed is greater than 5 feet).

DANCING BLADE

Prerequisites: Dexterity 13 or higher
You master the art of dancing around your opponents on the battlefield whilst simultaneously delivering swift and precise strikes. This fighting style can only be used whilst wielding any of the following weapons: Shortsword, Rapier, Scimitar or Greatsword.

-You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with the weapon.

-+10 Movement speed.

-When you make a melee attack against a creature, you don’t provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, whether you hit or not.

RAPIER MASTER

You have mastered the art of wielding a rapier to pierce your target's defenses and parry opponent's attacks. You gain the following benefits when using a rapier:

-You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with a rapier.

-As a bonus action, you can search your opponent for vulnerabilities. Choose a creature you can see within 5 feet of you. Before the start of your next turn, the next attack you make against the creature with a rapier deals an extra 1d4 piercing damage on a hit.
>>
>>29883118
-As a bonus action, you can prepare to pierce your target's defenses. Choose a creature you can see within 5 feet of you. Before the end of your next turn, the next time you would make an attack with a rapier against the creature, instead, the creature must make a Dexterity saving throw (DC 8 + your Dexterity modifier + your proficiency bonus, if you are proficient with rapiers). If the replaced attack roll would have had advantage, the target makes the dexterity saving throw with disadvantage. On a failed save the target takes the attack’s normal damage and suffers any additional effects.

-When another creature damages you with a melee attack, if you are wielding a rapier, you can use your reaction to reduce the damage by 1d6.

QUICK ON YOUR FEET (gotta go fast)

You're fast, like really fast. With training you're speed has grown considerably.

-Your total movement speed grows by 20 feet.

-You can use the Dash action as a bonus action.

NATURAL HIDER

You have trained to get quickly out of sight, becoming especially deadly when you do. You gain the following benefits:

-You can take the Hide action as a bonus action.

-You gain proficiency in stealth. If you already have proficiency in stealth, you add double your proficiency bonus when you make Dexterity (Stealth) checks.

-When you make a weapon attack against a creature that can't see you with a weapon with which you are proficient, you add double your proficiency bonus to attack rolls instead of your normal proficiency bonus.
>>
>>29883124
DEAD SHOT

You have learned techniques to give you uncanny accuracy against a target you set your sights on, gaining the following benefits:

-Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn’t impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.

-You can use your Bonus Action to focus your attention on a creature you can see, requiring you to maintain concentration as if you were casting a spell. While maintaining this concentration, you have advantage on all ranged attack rolls against the chosen creature.

FLYING PROJECTILES

You are particularly adept with small thrown weapons like daggers and darts. You gain the following benefits.
-Attacks you make with thrown finesse weapons ignore half cover and three-quarters cover.

-You can treat any light weapon as a thrown weapon with a range of 20/60

-When wielding two finesse throwing weapons in one hand, you can use your Attack action you can make an attack with both weapons.

HAWKEYE SHOOTER

Over your course of journey, you have gotten quite adept at shooting enemies at their vital spots with your range weapons. You gain the following benefits:

-When you criticallyhit an injured enemy add another D6 to the damage roll

-Your attacks now critically hit on 19-20 roll

Wait. Why did I least all those. Here's the lists I choose from.
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Feats
http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Feats
>>
Definitely not running today. Laptop got stolen by a nigger. Need to start checking local pawn shops.
>>
>>29883617
I know the exact feeling man
>>
>>29883617
Fucking dammit. I should be checked the pawn shops when mine was stole. Fucking niggers I tell you.
>>
I'm torn between Skulker, Lucky, Inspiring Leader and Dagger Expert.
I have a question about Skulker. The feat seems like it makes sneaking easier and more flexible to certain situations.
>-You can try to hide when you are lightly obscured from the creature from which you are hiding.
I don't get it. Would hiding in that situation typically come with a disadvantage? Huh?
>>
>>29883617
I'm torn between Skulker, Lucky, Inspiring Leader and Dagger Expert.
I have a question about Skulker. The feat seems like it makes sneaking easier and more flexible to certain situations.
>-You can try to hide when you are lightly obscured from the creature from which you are hiding.
I don't get it. Would hiding in that situation typically come with a disadvantage? Huh?
>>
>>29884916
So concealment is a thing. Lightly obscured means.... something. Heavily obscured means you can hide and you're harder to hit. Total concealment means you don't need to roll to hide yourself visually and you can't be targeted. I don't do rogues much so I might be wrong.
>>
>>29885112
Heavily obscure means harder to hit AND detect?
>>
>>29883617
Can you think up or suggest a feat? If we're not getting a feat, I suggest we dump some points into CON, or CHA & WIS.
>>
>>29883617
Suggested Feat: Smoler's Uprising

Prerequisite: physically smaller then something (equine race)

-gain a +1 to attack rolls and +1 to damage

-you gain a +1 to your AC because you're so shmol you freakin midg-
>*WHACK*
MY LEG!!

-partial cover becomes half cover and so on.

- a bonus +2 to your CHA when interacting with your fellow shmollers.
>>
>>29885782
>>
Will we continue tomorrow?
>>
Pocket Knife x North Star when?
>>
I don't trust anyone to bump, so 7 bump.
>>
>>29883617
If you won't do any lewd sex scenes, then what about 'fade to black' 's when it's implied?
>>
9x2
>>
9x3
>>
9x4
>>
9x5
>>
>>29888955
Gold first, then romance Anon.
>>
>>29896389
Find a wizard to make a fuckable golem made of gold.
>>
When will Pocket sensually lick Sombra?
>>
>>29892019
I'm good with that. God knows some hungry fuck will fill in the blanks for me
>>
>>29898417
You know I will bebe ;^)
Kidding. Say do you have any 5E pdf's? I've been think of doing a ponified rpg game myself. Just not here.
>>
2xBump
>>
9x5
>>
9x6
>>
9x7
>>
9x8
>>
10x1
>>
9x9
>>
>>29905847
9x10
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.