[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Equestrian Sports Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 298
Thread images: 54

File: hoofball.png (851KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
hoofball.png
851KB, 1280x905px
Ponies play sports, of course. Hoofball is pretty big these days.

ITT: Discuss sports in Equestria.

Previous thread: >>29756615
>>
Hoofball simulation anon, signing in.

Still working on things, like always.
>>
>>29867311
Got any screens to show us? What teams did you end up using?
>>
File: Test Hoofball.png (51KB, 1274x643px) Image search: [Google]
Test Hoofball.png
51KB, 1274x643px
>>29867326
I shared most of my things in the prior topic... but eh, this pretty much shows what I'm looking at.

And shows the teams.

It's mainly text based though.
>>
>>29867410
Nice to see you trucking along. I can't wait to see the games simulated.
Maybe I can write a post game green to give the games some flavor?
>>
>>29867558
If you'd like, I mean, there's still a bunch of stuff to go over and finish. I got names to fill and team colors to change, not to mention... maybe logos.
>>
File: prance.gif (996KB, 507x486px) Image search: [Google]
prance.gif
996KB, 507x486px
>>29867558
That would be rad.

>>29867617
I hope that drawfag is still around and wants to do more logos. I really dig that Ponyville Elements one especially.
>>
>>29867626
The issue with that logo is that I need to get a transparency which is why I haven't put it in the game yet.

I don't know if I can transparency it or not.
>>
>>29867636
Like the background needs to be transparent?
>>
>>29867874
Yessir.
Or just one continuous color.

Something just overall cleaner that would be like... a PC edit and easier for me to rip from.

Like the Royals logo.
>>
>>29867913
I could crop out the "Elements", leaving the star and make its background transparent maybe.
The Zephyrs logo would be trickier, but could possibly do that one too.
>>
>>29868018
Only if you want to do that, Anon.

I could just make a blank helmet to use as a logo, that's what the game normally does.
>>
>>29868148
Yeah, but a blank helmet is boring. I'll give it the old college try.
>>
The famous boxer Sugarcube Robinson inspires Spike to become a boxer.
>>
>>29869865
I feel like it would be kinda hard for ponies to box, being on four legs and all.
>>
>>29870601

What if it were anthro?
>>
>>29871406
I mean yeah, then totally.
There's plenty of anthro art out there of ponies belting eachother in the face, let me tell you.
>>
bump because SPORTS.

Also working on the hoofball sim still.
>>
File: yoyo.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
yoyo.gif
2MB, 640x360px
Rainbow Dash loves any and all sports. Racing is obviously her favorite, but what's her favorite TEAM sport? In which sport does she choose to root the hardest for Cloudsdale and Ponyville teams?
>>
>>29874103
Hoofball?
>>
>>29874103
I think is a fan of most sports. Literally anything involving athletics is up her alley
>>
Watch Dash take up snowboarding.
>>
Page 9 bump.
>>
Hey, a new thread!
I'll continue First Down's green in about an hour.
>>
What would Spike's favorite team be?
>>
>>29874103
>Rainbow Dash hates to watch and play sports that have little action, like golf
>But she has a reputation to keep, so she pretends to love every single sport
>A pony catches her dozing off during a golf game, so they prod her to make sure she's awake
>Surprised and groggy, she screams "GO CLOUDSDALE" right as the golfer is about to swing, ruining his shot
>She gets kicked out
>Pretends to be upset
>>
>>29836041

>You take your seat across from Gridiron.
>"So, kid, I take it your real excited to be here today?"
>You beam.
"Oh yes sir! I'm so thankful to be given this once in a lifetime opportunity to be apart of the best hoof-"
>"Woah woah. No need to be so formal kid. Just wanted to know how you feel."
"Hehe. Yeah, sorry. I'm just very excited sir."
>"That's great. We just have to wait for the GM to drop by with the contract."
>He looks over you and raises an eye brow.
>"Did you workout before coming here."
"Huh?"
>"There's some sweat stains on your fur..."
>You look at your pits and wing joints and see the subtle stains of perspiration.
>A quick whiff even confirms you got lingering B.O.
"Oh, well kinda. I flew here sir."
>"Did you fly a long way or something?"
"No sir. I'm just not a strong flier. I've got weak wings."
>His face turns from casual to serious when you mention your wing defect.
>Oh no! You might have made a bad impression on him!
>You stutter out an excuse.
"B-but it won't affect my performance sir! I promise. I not a good flier, but you won't find a faster runner in Manehattan!"
>"Hmm. Regardless, I'd rather you not exert yourself before every practice. Your not in school anymore kid, this is the big leagues. These practices are going to whip you into shape for the EHL season. I need you at your best before every practice. It's no cake walk.
>Your suddenly very apprehensive at those words, but you give him a nod.
>"Atta girl. Just take a public carriage from now on and you'll be fine."
>Coach Gridiron rummages through his desk and takes out a few books, laying them on his desk before looking at you expectantly.
>"So, First Down, have any questions for me while we wait on the General Manager?"
>>
Steroids scandal in hoofball.
>>
>>29878399
A team uses magical elixirs and ointments to give them an edge in their games. Highly potent and dangerous concoctions that eventually backfire on the field in hilarious ways.
>>
>>29878574

They also have really bad side effects.
>>
What would be the best baseball team in Equestria?
>>
Do you think buckball could become the next big sport in Equestria?
>>
>>29879922
Like we said in the last thread, maybe as a community or casual sport, but probably not a big entertainment sport.
It looks fun regardless.
>>
>>29879922
>>29880142
Buckball will be showing up in YPCA's around Equestria, but it will never achieve the status of hoofball or baseball.
>>
>>29877848
moar when?
>>
>>29880626
I believe that writefag said he will be kinda busy in the upcoming week, so it might be a bit.
>>
>>29867410
What colors should each team have? So far, it seems we've settled on white/purple for Royals, purple/pink for Elements, and red/blue (maybe also black?) for Zephyrs based on the logos the drawfriends have made.

I'm thinking Las Pegasus should have some gold in there. Maybe white/gold or black/gold.

Ranchers should definitely have some apple red, perhaps with orange, yellow, or some lighter shade of brown.

I think Bandits would look cool in black/brown.

Any other ideas?
>>
>>29881961
I know I always imagined the Zephyr's color scheme to be Red, Blue, White (and maybe black? I'm not sure on that either)
and the Element's to be Pinkish-Purple, Pink, and Gold, so very similar to what you were thinking.

I remember someone suggested the Vanhoover Dragon's colors to be red and yellow, so maybe do Maroon & Yellow or something?
>>
>>29880626
I've got two more in me tonight!

>>29877848
>You briefly think it over and you do have some questions.
"Just a few. On the letter, it said that I'm not a part of the main roster. I'm on a practice squad? Not that I'm not grateful to be on the team at all, sir! I'm just curious what exactly my function on the team is."
>The coach nods his head in understanding.
>"That's a good question First. What that means is exactly that, your on the practice squad, a group of players on the team dedicated to running drills and procedures with the rest of the team. Practice squad members are almost always new blood that are not draft picks. Free agents mostly. It gives us a chance to test the water with new team members, get a gauge for their strengths and weaknesses... It's also a payroll thing.
>Why doesn't that last part surprise you.
>"Now don't let that make you think your less important than anypony else on the team. Come hoofball season, you participate in game days with the rest of the team: gear up, wear the uniform, the works! Just don't expect any play time right off the bat."
>Okay. Practice with the team and hone your skills. Sounds legit.
>And you still get to be on the sidelines wearing the ol' red and blue!
>You were afraid you'd be a glorified tackling dummy or something. Glad that's not the case.
>>
>>29882129
"Awesome! And what are we doing today?"
>Gridiron smiles at that question.
>"Well I'll tell you right now, we'll hit the ground running with training. No proper drills involving formations and plays or anything like that. But trust me, you'll be given plenty to do for the next few weeks."
>Ooooo, "hit the ground running" he says. Alright, your game.
"Sounds intense coach, but I'm ready for whatever you throw at me."
>"That's what I like to hear kid."
>You had one more question to ask.
"So uhh... when do I meet the rest of the team!?"
>Gridiron gives another knowing smirk.
>"Can't wait to see some of your heroes eh? Don't worry, you'll be heading to the equipment room to be assigned gear and a locker, then you'll be able to mingle in the locker room before practice starts. But, before that happens, that GM of ours needs to show up."
>And as if on cue, you hear the door behind you open.
>>
Put my stories on a pastebin for the thread.

First Down:
https://pastebin.com/qZqrHyxC

Flea:
https://pastebin.com/wwHmcx6Y
>>
>>29881961
>>29882017
Course the game only does two color things for main/alt, besides logo and whatever.

So if you want the 3-4 color meshes, we can't do that for team colors.
>>
What sport would dragons like best?
>>
>>29883628
Anything's violent. They'd like hoofball, but I bet they'd like rugby even better.

Do not play hockey or basketball with dragons. They will foul you into oblivion.
>>
>>29882760
Ah ok. Here's what I think then.
Elements: Purple & Pink
Royals: Deep Purple & White
Zephyrs: Red & Blue
Dragons: Green & White
Ranchers: Red & Yellow
Bandits: Red-Orange & Black
Bouncers: Black & Gold
Sentries: Blue & Deep Pink?
Gladiators: Navy Blue & Silver
Manticores: drawing a blank, but some sort of aggressive color scheme
>>
>>29883852
I can totally see dragons playing rugby or hockey.
I can also see them being the heaviest and dirtiest hitters.
>>
File: Crystal_Empire.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal_Empire.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
>>29883874
I like those. But I'd suggest blue/purple for Crystal Empire, just like their city.

Manticores could be Black & Red.
>>
>>29884176
>>29883874
Nvm, I misread the post. The colors you have for sentries are perfect.

Dragons could also be green/gold, like the dragon from Owl's Well that End's Well. It's kind of a classic dragon color, too.
>>
>>29884176
I thought about red and black for the Manticores, and its perfect, but I thought it would be too similar to the Bandit's red-orange and black.
Maybe make the Bandits straight up orange and black?

Also, green and gold sound perfect for the Dragons.
>>
>>29884493
Depends on which is the primary color. If Bandits are black and red-orange while the Manticores are red and black, it should be easy to distinguish them.
>>
>>29885161
I feel that black should be the secondary color for both though, but that's more of my opinion.
If the Bandits are orange the and Manticores are red, they should be plenty easy to distinguish.
>>
Who would be the best hoofball player in the league?
>>
File: Elements.jpg (447KB, 1969x1562px) Image search: [Google]
Elements.jpg
447KB, 1969x1562px
>>29868148
Cropped the Element's star logo and made the background solid white. Is this sufficient for use in your simulation?
>>
>>29887180
>>
>>29883900
Imagine dragons vs. diamond dogs in rugby or hockey. I would not want to officiate that game. I think they would tear the refs apart if they called fouls.

Then they'd go drinking and bond over fighting and trash talking ponies.
>>
>>29888538
Yeah. The ref would have to be as tough as the players in that case, just to handle the situations and keep them in line, for the most part.
Equipment prices for those teams would be astronomical too, seeing as how they'd probably eviserate their gear every game thanks to claws and teeth.
>>
>>29888610
I have a feeling that dragons would elect not to wear gear at all. Would they even need it? They swim in lava, surely they can get tackled.

You know, I bet Big Mac would actually make a great ref. Refs hardly even have to talk, they just do hand (hoof) signals. And I don't think anyone would want to argue with a ref the size of Big Mac.
>>
>>29867286
I wonder if there's ponerfied version of the Huey Lewis album cover ,Sports now.
>>
>>29888697
Totally. Dragons don't need protective gear with those scales of theirs, but they'd still want some swanky jerseys though, and those would definitely get ruined beyond repair. And those diamond dogs are definitely going to need some extra padding if going up against dragons.

I never thought of Big Mac as a ref, but would definitly fit the bill: stoic, good judgement, not easily swayed by outside criticism or opinion, things a ref really need.
>>
File: IMG_0689.png (2MB, 2831x1973px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0689.png
2MB, 2831x1973px
Speaking of horse hockey.
>>
>>29889723
You know, this is a sport that would work pretty well for all 3 types of ponies. No one race would really get ahead of the other (as long as unicorn magic is disabled, which it can be, and wings are blocked by jerseys).

Pinkie would be a hockey god, even without dimensional Pinkie magic.
>>
>>29868148
Does the simulation have some pre-made logos?
I saw two in one of the screenshots you showed us last thread.
>>
>>29889768
I thought that was the same screenshot as this one?

If there are premade logos, they're certainly not pony related. The only logos to spawn from this thread are Zephyrs, Elements, and Royals.
>>
>>29889768
If you mean the royals, that was made in a previous thread.

The game only has helmets, pretty much.
>>
>>29889826
A screenshot you showed had "New Orleans Foxes" with a logo and wedge of cheese for the other team. I was just curious if you had options for logos that were not pony related, but passable.
>>
File: elementshoofball.png (8KB, 567x65px) Image search: [Google]
elementshoofball.png
8KB, 567x65px
>>29889909
Not really, none of the team names/default logos mesh, and even if they did, some of the logos make direct reference to the city name so there's problems abounds there.

>>29886469
After some minor cleanup, I got it to work.
>>
Pre-bed bump.
>>
Anyone gonna write green for Spike becoming batboy for Canterlot's baseball team?
>>
>>29891329
I don't know baseball very well, but I'll think about it. No promises that I can come up with anything though.
>>
>>29889959
Awesome! Glad you could make it work.
>>
In the baseball story, Spike meets baseball's hottest prospect, Ken Griffon Jr.

I'd write the story myself, but I'm not confident enough in my abilities as a writer.
>>
>>29889761
Why would Pinkie of all ponies be a hockey god?
>>
>>29891601
She has been skating since she was an itty-bitty, li'l-li'l Twinkie Pinkie. She has the moves.
>>
>>29892017
True enough, she's got some moves on the ice. But, can she shoot a puck accurately or take a hip check?
>>
>>29892132
If Buckball is any indication, she could have fine aim. As for hip checks... I don't know, I wouldn't want to make Pinkie angry. You saw Last Roundup. Imagine if they didn't apologize for the hip check.
>>
>>29892260
She wouldn't mind too much. Checking is a part of the game after all. It can be fun!
If you excessively hip check one of her friends or teammates though... she could go goon on you.
>>
Ponies like hoofball, but what about track and field?
>>
>>29892793
A sport that only involves running? They'd love it! They are little horses after all.
I'd go as far as saying the racing scene is more popular than the other sports in Equestria
>>
File: vzgeEey.png (293KB, 337x301px) Image search: [Google]
vzgeEey.png
293KB, 337x301px
>>
>>29892793
There's Running of the Leaves, which offers medals in addition to being necessary to control their environment. Surely there are other running events, too.

I suppose flying races/relays would fit under this category too. I bet they'd call the whole thing Track, Field, and Sky.

>Spitfire still holds a ton of the TFS records at Cloudsdale Flight School because Rainbow Dash dropped out
>>
>>29893081
Twilight's fucking terrified of that Ponk.
>>
>>29893260

I bet Wind Rider still has a lot of Wonderbolts records.
>>
>>29894004
I guess you're right, they probably wouldn't go so far as to scrub his childhood records.
>>
I feel like the hoofball simulation might go crazy and you know...

Trade people around so the M6 might end up on different teams.
>>
>>29894453
It would do that on its own?
That's potentially interesting but is there a way to lock teams?
>>
>>29894713
Best I can do is set week 1 for trade deadline.

And that still wouldn't you know, negate any drops/pickups due to injuries.
>>
>>29894753
I guess we'll just have to see where this wacky ride takes us. Probably won't change things around too much.
>>
>>29894453
Wouldn't Equestria die if that happened?

I want that AU, where the mane 6 are all enemies and the villains run free because of sports.
>>
>>29895158
I only wrote one Greentext and that was just Rarity leading the Elements to the playoffs..
>>
>>29895158
Take it a step further.

Sportsquestria: where everyday life and problem solving revolves around sports!
Have a marital or financial dispute: take it to court... the basketball court! Or I don't know, the tennis court? Volleyball? Squash? I don't give a fuck.
Don't wage wars, settle your differences on the hoofball field! or rugby field they're, like, the same thing.
The villains get in on this too, challenging the Princesses and Mane 6 to various sporting events to take over the world! what the fuck even?
>>
>>29895401
Sounds like a Mario sports game or something.

This begs the question: Discord in sports? Tirek? Any changeling?

>>29895182
I wrote a couple in the last thread, but I don't think I'd want to write a long-running green about that. It's fun to muse about, though.
>>
>>29895856
I know I'm haven't thought of putting any of them in the Hoofball Simulation because... I didn't plan on many non-ponies.
>>
>>29895856
I don't think the EHL, or any sports organization for that matter, would allow Discord to play, on account that he's liable to cheat to high heaven and turn every game into a farce.
>>
>>29895868
>didn't plan on many
You know, I wasn't making any implications about the simulation, but now I'm curious as to which non-ponies you have in mind. Anything more than griffons?

>>29896212
I don't think it matters much if Discord is or is not "allowed' to play. He could just play anyway, no one could stop him. Or maybe he'd be the hoofball equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters.
>>
Pre bed bump
>>
>>29896546
>Discord lands a job as a sports entertainer
You know, I guess I never realized that he doesn't have a job. He doesn't seem to need one; I'm not even sure if he has to eat or anything. If he does, he can just chaos up himself some food or whatever.

But he would get bored sometimes. And being a sports entertainer would make him more popular. He might actually make some friends.
>>
>>29894088

How long until Rainbow breaks his long-distance record?
>>
>>29898833
Didn't she already do that?
>>
>>29896546
I thought Discord would be running sportscaster duties.

But that's just me.
>>
>>29899391
>John de Lancie's golden voice commentating hoofball games
Sign me the fuck up pham
>>
>>29899496
Plus, if we need more commentators, we can always use more Discord. He's a commentating team by himself.
>>
page 10 bump
>>
What if hoofball had a pony announcer based on Howard Cosell?
>>
>>29895182
That was a fun one. I liked that the reader decided what she did and that affected the outcome.
Maybe you could do another scenario for Rarity and her Elements pls?
>>
File: want.gif (354KB, 420x350px) Image search: [Google]
want.gif
354KB, 420x350px
>>29896546
>Discord
>the hoofball equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters
>>
>>29901564
Considering I'm same anon working on the hoofball sim... maybe not for a while...

Depends on how the hoofball sim comes along, it does move slow in places.
>>
Page 9 bump
>>
>>29901797
I will knock some ideas around and get to writing this, I think.
>>
File: IMG_0692.png (150KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0692.png
150KB, 900x720px
Pinkie is a fan of everything, and that includes sports!
>>
>>29904274
Pinkie is a good sportsmare.
>>
Would Spike and Rainbow Dash bond over hoofball?
>>
>>29904836
Not if it's the Vanhoover Dragons vs the Cloudsdale Gladiators.

He'd brag about how great dragons are while she'd give him a hard time about the Cloudsdale anthem.
>>
>>29905129

Are the Dragons and Gladiators rivals?
>>
>>29905531
Maybe not, but they'd be Spike's and RD's favorite teams, respectively, aside from the Elements of course.
>>
Page 9 bump.
>>
File: IMG_0694.jpg (575KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0694.jpg
575KB, 1000x714px
We've talked a lot about hoofball, but what about the noble sport of water polo!
>>
Page 9 bump
>>
>>29906654
I've never played water polo. I was never /fit/ enough. I'm not really even sure how to play. It's basically swimming soccer, right?
>>
>>29907499
I guess? I don't know much about it, but its interesting I'll say that. Requires a lot of stamina to even play.
>>
>>29906654
The homo thread is over there:
>>29774893
>>
File: Cgbxf4MUsAAFIlv.jpg (29KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Cgbxf4MUsAAFIlv.jpg
29KB, 540x540px
>>29908058
>do waterpolo in p.e.
>most of us change back into school clothes
>guys on the waterpolo team rush into the showers
>can hear them laughing
>>
>Be Discord.
>Recently, you had been presented an opportunity by the EHL.
>At first, you thought it would be something stupid.
>You never liked team sports. They're too... organized.
>Then they told you that you could use all the chaos magic you want.
>And THEY would pay YOU!
>Not like you needed money for anything, but you appreciate the irony.
>This gives you a chance to get out your wiggles.
>They did give you some rules, though.
>1. The audience is off-limits. They came to watch, not to be pranked.
>2. Do not injure the players.
>3. Be entertaining.
>Rules are dreadfully boring, but you will compromise.
>You suppose Fluttershy has rubbed off on you.
>They also noted that the results of the game do not matter.
>You don't have to throw a game, nor do you have to play to win. It's all for show.
>They asked you if you knew any other ponies or other creatures that would join your team.
>You laughed at them.
>Your ten other clones also laughed at them.
>The EHL representative grinned in realization of the possibilities and stretched out his arm for a clawshake.
>He'd probably call it a hoofshake, but that is so demeaning to Draconequi!
>Wearing a powdered wig and a petticoat, you place your John Hancock really big on very page.
>You are officially the coach, quarterback, and every other team member of the Marelem Globetrotters.
>Your first game will be against the Crystal Empire Sentries in a few months.
>They wanted to give you time to plan out your show.
>As if you ever plan anything...
>You get Twilight to teach you about hoofball.
>You know she doesn't know the game, but could learn it just because you two are besties.
>She begrudgingly does so to keep you out of trouble.
>What a pal!
>>
>>29909244
>You exit the tunnel to a stadium of screaming fans.
>By "stadium of screaming fans," you mean "visitor section of screaming fans."
>Because you filled it with clones, all adorned in the Equestrian colors of sky-blue and white.
>Hey! You're wearing the same colors!
>You compliment their style. They all blush.
>The rest of the stadium is still a little uneasy.
>They're not sure about you, especially after you teamed up with Tirek.
>You don't really care about impressing them, but you fully intend to enjoy yourself.
>You meet up with the ref and Crystal Stitch, the Sentries' QB, for the coin toss.
>Stitch calls heads, but just before the ref tosses, the coin mysteriously vanishes.
>Where could it have gone?
>You graciously provide the ref a spare coin with your face and tail emblazoned on it.
>He shrugs, and launches the coin into the sky.
>Way in the sky.
>You assure them it will come back down sometime this year.
>Probably.
>The ref glares, and another ref runs on the field to provide a new coin.
>You allow the coin to land on heads and prepare to punt.
>You are amused that some ponies in the crowd are still looking for the coin in the sky.
>>
>>29909587
>You punt the ball.
>Just before a Sentry catches it, it halts mid-air.
>He jumps for the ball, and it jumps with him.
>You hear some laughter from the crowd.
>He scratches his helmet with his hoof, as you appear beside him dressed as a repairman.
"What seems to be the problem?"
>"The dumb ball is stuck!"
>You huff.
"Have you considered that, just maybe, it would come down if you were a little nicer to it! Let me try."
>You try to coax it by calling it nice names, but it doesn't budge.
"My my, you have really hurt its feelings. You'd better apologize."
>"What? It's just a ball!"
>The ball starts to reverse its arc.
>"Okay, okay! I'll apologize."
>He draws a deep breath to collect himself.
>"Ball, I am-"
"Oh, and you better give it these."
>You hold out a bouquet.
>"Oh, thanks."
>He takes it from your claw, then turns back to the floating ball.
>"Ball, I am sorry I was mean to you. Take these."
>The ball makes a happy squee as it lands in the player's bouquet.
>He is instantly tackled by a clone.
>The announcer's playful voice blasts over the loudspeaker.
>"Oh! What a hit! The Sentry was so distracted by the ornery ball that he didn't notice the Globetrotter coming for him! The Sentries are going to have to start all the way back on the 7 yard line!"
>You are a little surprised to hear even more laughter from the crowd.
>You always acted for the sake of your own amusement, but you must admit it feels good that they think you're funny.
>>
I will write more tomorrow if you guys still want it.
>>
>>29909685
This is fun so far. I'm wholeheartedly for more Discord shenanigans on the hoofball field.
>>
File: IMG_0693.png (671KB, 1280x823px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0693.png
671KB, 1280x823px
>>29867286
>posts first picture
>doesn't post the second
>>
>>29910461
>Grass stains
That's pretty cute.
>>
>>29910461
>Sweetie Belle in the background
"Girls, that's a fumble! Stop laying there and get the ball... Rarity! Does anypony on this team know how to play hoofball!?"
>>
>>29910511
Rarity can get a little dirty when the time comes, but I wonder how she would feel about playing hoofball in the mud and rain?
>>
>>29910657
I don't think she would start a game in the rain. But if she was in the middle of a heated game and it started to rain, I think she'd keep playing.
>>
>>29911783
She was willing to get all muddy for her sister in the Sisterhooves Social. If she cared about her team she'd play in some rain and mud.
Won't stop her from complaining though.

>Elements are playing a game during a rainstorm.
>Field has been partly churned into mud.
>Rarity gets knocked to the ground after a pass.
>Happens to land in one of the worse mud puddles.
>"Oh heavens, my uniform! You rapscallion! I'm positively filthy now. My jersey! My pants! I can feel the muck and water soaking right through them!"
>*unladylike horse noises*
>AJ trots over.
>"Rares, calm down. The stains 'll wash out. Just play the darn game."
>"Oh I know darling. I'll play, but don't expect me to simply take this lying down. At least this blasted helmet is keeping my beautiful face protected from the elements..."
>Literally the next play Rarity is sacked and gets a facemask full of mud.
>"You were saying sugarcube?"
>>
File: tfw ninersfag.png (67KB, 306x435px) Image search: [Google]
tfw ninersfag.png
67KB, 306x435px
>>29867286
Fuck you, Jed York
>>
>>29912202
>"Applejack, darling, the only reason my face came in contact with the elements..."
>Rarity grabs AJ's jersey with both hooves and shakes her a bit.
>"...is because THE ELEMENTS DIDN'T COME IN CONTACT WITH THE DEFENSIVE LINE."
>She releases her and collects herself
>"Applejack, honestly! Get in the game, dear!"
>>
>>29912384
>Applejack and the O-line apparently don't get their head in the game.
>Rarity gets sacked again.
>"Two times! Really O-line? Really!?"
>Thunderlane pipes up, "It's the mud Miss Rarity, it's slippery."
>"That doesn't seem to be stopping the other team, now does it? For the love of Celestia, do I have to do your job for you O-line!?"
>Maybe so.
>Rarity gets rushed and dog-piled by four opponents.
>They get off her and she's stained from tail to hoof in mud now.
>She gets up and grinds her teeth as Applejack trots up.
>"You alright Rares?"
>"Applejack... get Twilight. She's quarterback now. I'm going to the line."
>>
Ah, shit, Rarity's going to get serious.
>>
>>29912951
>Rarity sends Thunderlane to the bench and takes his position as right guard.
>Gasps erupt from the crowd.
>However, unbeknownst to the others, Rarity has done this before.
>Her father's family was a rowdy bunch, and she had to learn to protect her carefully-styled mane from noogies and worms.
>She had played hoofball with them before, and once she had been forced onto the offensive line.
>Her cousins trampled her at first, upsetting her beautiful coiffure and makeup.
>But once she got angry...
>Well, after a bit of that, they decided to let her play QB before anyone else got hurt.
>Now, Rarity understands that the Las Pegasus Bouncers are much bigger than her cousins.
>She knew she wasn't going to get through by brute strength alone.
>She admits she doesn't have much of that.
>But she knows something even more important:
>Appearances are everything.
>She ruins her mane with mud, and spreads more mud on her jersey, helmet, and face.
>Normally, she would think twice about getting filthy, but the situation is dire.
>The Elements must win.
>More importantly, you have to teach your own offensive line a lesson.
>The Bouncer in front of Rarity begun to laugh.
>"You think you can stop me? A prissy QB?"
>>
File: glare.png (547KB, 579x678px) Image search: [Google]
glare.png
547KB, 579x678px
>>29914824
>"Oh. It. Is. ON."
>Rarity scowls menacingly.
>Her expression shifts to an intimidating grin as she notices hints of fear in his eyes.
>Big Mac hikes the ball to Twilight Sparkle, and Rarity heaves forward with a loud grunt.
>She and the Bouncer struggle for what feels like minutes.
>Rarity aggressively studies the Bouncer's stance.
>Even in her fury, her attention to detail is unparalleled.
>Meanwhile, Twilight is taking her sweet time with indecision.
>Rarity expected this, and had prepared for a long struggle.
>Suddenly, she notices that the Bouncer has raised his front left leg in preparation for a push.
>Rarity instantly shoves him off balance, and his face plants into the mud with an utterly satisfying SPLAT.
>Twilight seizes this perfectly optimal opportunity, and makes a break it.
>The Bouncers were not prepared for Twilight Sparkle to actually run.
>She makes 11 yards for the first down.
>Applejack trots up to Rarity.
>"Wow, Rares! Where did ya learn to play like that?"
>"A lady must know how to defend herself! AND her friends. Maybe we could teach the offensive line a little something about that, hmm?"
>Rarity turns to the muddy Bouncer, who was finally picking himself up.
>She winks and blows a kiss.
>>
Your turn. This little collab is fun.
>>
>>29914829
>Rarity's back at the line.
>Her opponent opposite her is taking things more seriously now.
>Mac hikes the ball again and the two battle it out.
>The Bouncer is using his weight more to try and muscle past the fashionista turned linemare.
>But she's a feisty one though, fighting back and giving Twilight the time she needs to pick a receiver.
>The entire offensive line seems to be doing better this play, with their fearless quarterback among their ranks.
>The mud under Rarity sploshes and splashes in her struggle with the Bouncer.
>His stance is more solid and he's not going to fall for the same trick again.
>He's slowly overpowering Rarity, but she's got another trick up her sleeve.
>She falls under him with a splash and lets the linepony charge over her.
>But at the last minute she grabs his back legs, tripping him, and sends him into the mud face first once again.
>Twilight takes this opportunity a second time, and rushes to the Bouncer's 45 yard line, before sliding out of bounds.
>Another first down.
>Rarity jumps up with a "dignified" hoop and holler.
>"YEAH! That's the way you do it offense! I hope your taking notes Thunderlane!?"
>Rarity canters to the linepony she tangled up, who is spitting out muddy saliva with a scowl.
>"Oh, cheer up darling. If a "prissy" unicorn like me can frolic in this disgusting mud, then I'm sure you can handle yourself."
>She offers a hoof to the Bouncer and he begrudgingly accepts it.
>"This isn't over QB."
>"I certainly hope not dear."
>She flashes a pearly white smile on her brown, muddy face.

I like this collab a lot.
>>
File: IMG_0695.png (178KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0695.png
178KB, 1000x750px
Bringing qt QB Rarity back.
>>
>>29914829
>>29915657
I just realized, Rarity is on the line wearing only quarterback protective gear... She's doing pretty well despite this though. Hope she doesn't hurt herself.
>>
I'll write more tomorrow, I'm too sleepy now. Should I make an excuse for Rarity to change into stronger protective gear, or just not worry about it?
>>
>>29916921
[spoilers]Nah. It doesn't need to be brought attention to, unless you want to use the lack of padding as a plot point or something. At this point I'd just leave it as is.[/spoiler]
>>
This is what I get for phone posting
>>
File: 1486971727591.png (345KB, 727x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486971727591.png
345KB, 727x720px
>>29867286
>Jon Gruden Quarterback camp comes to Equestria
>tfw watching your waifu spider 2 y banana
>>
File: IMG_0696.png (140KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0696.png
140KB, 800x700px
>>
Do the Wonderbolts sponsor other sports organizations and get their name and likeness slapped on to a team? For example, a Wonderbolt soccer team.
>>
>>29918910
Maybe something like the Army and Navy teams in college football.
>>
>>29918910
That would be neat. If only for the cool Wonderbolt-esque uniforms.
>>
Ember and Gilda bonding over sports.
>>
Page 9 bump.
>>
File: IMG_0697.png (946KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0697.png
946KB, 900x1200px
For a sports thread, y'all are lacking in an important area.
cheerleaders
>>
>>29915657
>Rarity urges Twilight to call a timeout.
>"Twilight, precious, we can't have you run on every play. I simply cannot keep this up forever. They will catch on! We need a plan."
>Twilight perks up.
>"A plan! Of course! Sorry, Rarity, I was so nervous about figuring out what the absolute best play would be in the moment, that I forgot to make a plan!"
>Rarity breathes a sigh of relief as she sees her purple friend concentrate.
>Twilight doesn't have the commanding presence to boss a team around like Rarity.
>But she does know tactics like no other.
>Twilight's face suddenly lights up.
>"Alright, Ponyville! Here's the plan..."

>Twilight begins the count.
>Rarity knew that the Blue Stampede (she learned his name) was starting to catch on to her tricks.
>By now, he must realize that her weakness is her physical strength.
>She could tell that she was going to get a lot more opposition this time.
>But that's fine.
>She trusts Twilight's plan.
>"Hike!"
>Stampede shoves forward, hitting Rarity hard.
>She loses ground quickly, but fortunately she didn't need much time.
>Applejack snags the ball from Twilight and rushes past Rarity.
>She rushes to the right of Rarity, knowing there will be a gap.
>And lo: a gap there is.
>Applejack runs free for 15 yards before a Bouncer catches up.
>First down!
>The Elements are making ground fast.
>They are already on their own 40 now.
>Twilight knew Rarity had been frustrating Stampede, so she expected him to push hard.
>So, she instructed the right tackle to direct his opponent more toward the right, giving AJ a clear path.
>Rarity compliments her on the lovely play.
>But she worries about the next play.
>She isn't used to exerting this much energy and she was beginning to tire.
>Meanwhile, Blue Stampede was only getting increasingly fired up by his rage.
>He releases a furious shout.
>In an attempt to conceal her weariness, Rarity blows another kiss.
>She wonders what Twilight has in store for the Elements.
>>
I'll be busy all of tomorrow, so feel free to run wild with it if you want, or even finish it. Or you can leave more for me, it's all good either way. This has been fun, anon.
>>
File: cheer.png (45KB, 288x200px) Image search: [Google]
cheer.png
45KB, 288x200px
>>29922989
You are absolutely right. My cheerleader collection is empty. Got any more?
>>
File: cheerieleader.png (3MB, 3400x5100px) Image search: [Google]
cheerieleader.png
3MB, 3400x5100px
>>29923355
I've only got a few, but I'll dump 'em.
>>
File: springstepacute.png (4MB, 2900x2388px) Image search: [Google]
springstepacute.png
4MB, 2900x2388px
>>29923651
>>
Nice dump, famalam. Cheerleader outfits fit ponies so well.
>>
>>29923916
It's because ponies make the best cheerleaders!
They'll support and cheer you on through anything
>>
>>29924262
What would the name of the cheer squad for the Elements be?
>>
>>29925294
They could have 6 cheerleaders, each done up like a different element.
>>
>>29927750
That sounds really cute actually
>>
Page 9 bump
>>
The EHL is awarding an expansion team to the city or town of your choice. Who gets a team and what is their name?
>>
Page 9 bump.
>>
>>29929335
Baltimare Nightmares
but let's face it, they're never going to get a team since the Colts left to become the Vanhoover Dragons
>>
>>29928416
I like to imagine that the cheerleader ponies look nothing like the mane 6, but would be wearing wigs and clothes to match the legendary elements of harmony.

>>29930699
Seconded. That name really rolls off the tongue.
>>
>>29923320
>The Elements huddle up.
>The surge of success from the offence is firing everypony up.
>The only one not showing excitement is Rarity, but it's because she is nearly exhausted from her physical scrums on the line.
>"You okay there surgarcube? We can bring Thunderlane back in if your gettin tired?"
>Rarity takes a deep breath and exhales, emulating Twilights breathing exercise.
>She opens her eyes with a new fire inside.
>"I'll be fine everypony. I can take at least one more play. Even if you've given your 100 percent and are at the end of your rope, you must dig deep and find that extra 10 percent to push through!"
>"Or 20 percent, if your awesome like me!" interrupts Rainbow.
>"Thank you Rainbow Dash… What's the play Twilight?"
>Twilight's muzzle scrunches in thought before an idea clicks in her head.
>"Alright Elements, let's do a short screen pass to Rainbow on the left side. Sound good?"
>The team nods and they break for the next play.
>>
>>29931910
>Rarity faces off against Blue Stampede once more.
>His usually mask of stoicism is replaced with brimming rage.
>Rarity is worried about Stampede's temper, but dares not let it show.
>Instead she gives him a playful wink, which just agitates him more, and adopts a game face of her own, crouching in a three point stance.
>She readies herself for the snap.
>"Hut. Hut. HIKE!"
>The lines collide.
>Stampede aggressively scrums with Rarity.
>He was sloppy in his launch, which is why Rarity wasn't a pancake right now, but she is slowly losing ground again.
>Stampede takes his foreleg and locks it around Rarity's neck to stifle her stance.
>The illegal headlock goes unnoticed by the officials and Rarity is at her opponent's mercy.
>Twilight props herself on her back legs to throw the ball, but the mud continues to complicate things for the Elements.
>She slips and falls flat on her back and the ball goes bouncing toward Rarity's side.
>Rarity knows she has to recover the ball or it will be a turnover for the Bouncers.
>She resorts to an unladylike stomp to Stampede's hoof and gets him to let go.
>Without hesitation, she dives for the ball and scoops it into her hooves.
>But, she doesn't notice the shadow that looms over her.
>Stampede jumps up behind Rarity and throws his entire weight onto her, forcing her to the ground.
>The rest of the Bouncer's defensive line piles on after him.
>>
>>29931915
>The referees immediately tweet their whistles and throw yellow flags, before the last Bouncer even settles on the pile.
>The collective gasp of the crowd is deafening and the following boos rattle the stadium to the foundation.
>Applejack, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and the rest of the Elements race to push the Bouncers off their poor friend.
>Rarity lays at the bottom, curled up in the mud.
>She doesn't move.
>Ponyville's own Dr. Stable and Nurse Redheart gallop onto the field to tend to Rarity.
>Her teammates give them room, but look on with concern, wondering if their fearless quarterback has reached the end of her season. Maybe even possibly the end of her hoofball career.
>Stable and Redheart check for a response from Rarity.
>The crowd goes eerily silent.
>A couple minutes feel like forever as the medics stay hunched over her form.
>No movement comes from the fashionista at all...
>Until a dirty white hoof shoots up holding a muddy hoofball.
>The crowd goes absolutely crazy.
>Rarity is helped up and she displays the ball for all to see, especially Blue Stampede.
>The Ponyville players rejoice and rush to her, Applejack first.
>"Boy howdy Rares, we thought you was a goner for sure!"
>Rarity walks with a limp, even while supported by Nurse Redheart, but she still gives her friends a winning smile and a weak laugh.
>"Hehe, oh darling, it'll take more pressure than that to crack this diamond."
>She is escorted to the sidelines and Las Pegasus is handed a stiff penalty: 10 yard loss for unsportsponylike conduct.
>First down Elements!
>>
Didn't finish it, but I did run wild. I've enjoyed the collab too writefriend. I'll wrap it up tomorrow if you don't want to add anything else.
>>
>>29932496
If you have the ideas to wrap it up, go for it. I certainly wouldn't know where to take it now. That was a nice change of pace, you have earned the right to end it yourself.
>>
who's the best
>>
>>29934022
Hondo Flanks
Played for the Royals
3 time Hoof Bowl contender
3 time Hoof Bowl MVP
Holds record for most yards rushed and most touchdowns as a quarterback
>>
File: Feel.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Feel.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>29932354
>>
slow thread today
>>
>>29936558
It happens.

Could someone tell me more about the hoofball simulation? What game/program is that, and how does it work? Is it just always running passively or what?
>>
>>29936770
The game thing? Because that would be me.

It's Draft Day Sports Pro Football 16 with edits to it for pony related stuff.

Define passively.

Because if you mean 'can you only watch games' the answer is yes, but you can manipulate playbooks and such to help direct the game.
>>
Did someone say... bet?
>>
>>29938111
No, but some friendly wagering on simulation games would be neat
>>
>>29937407
Does it simulate the players on the field, or is it all just stats?
>>
File: Typical game view.png (985KB, 1179x633px) Image search: [Google]
Typical game view.png
985KB, 1179x633px
>>29938341
2D Button Display.
>>
>>29874103
Watersports
>>
>>29932354
>Ponyville calls another timeout.
>With Rarity out of the game, the offense's moral takes a dip.
>But Applejack gives some words of encouragement to her teammates.
>"Come on everypony, ain't no need to fret over Rarity. She'll be okay. What we don't need is ya'll losin' hope. That's the last thing she would want us to do."
>The Elements all nod in agreement.
>Thunderlane adds on to that.
>"That's right! We've got this in the bag. If Miss Rarity could take a linepony head-on for as long as she did, then we can beat these chumps. Let's get one in the endzone for her!"
>Everypony cheers in approval and heads out to the huddle, with Thunderlane coming back in as right guard.
>Twilight, ever the tactician, mulls over the plan before breaking the huddle.
>The Elements meet the Bouncers at the 30 yard line.
>Thunderlane squares up across from Blue Stampede, preparing himself for his role in the play.
>Twilight makes the call.
>"Set! Jitterbug Jive! Jitterbug Jive! Hut! HIKE!"
>Twilight gets the snap and flicks the ball to Applejack, who runs down the left side.
>But then Applejack hoofs the ball to Rainbow Dash.
>She gallops to the right side and heads toward Thunderlane.
>Thunderlane collides with Stampede in a stalemate, but slowly overpowers him and pushes him back.
>With lightning in his eye, a burst of energy electrifies Thunderlane and he heaves Stampede off his hooves.
>"This is for Rarity!" he yells as he tosses the Bouncer into a mud puddle, opening up a hole in the line.
>Rainbow careens through the hole and runs down the field with Thunderlane covering her.
>He rams through any defender that comes for her.
>They make it to the 25.
>The 20.
>The 15!
>Thunderlane just throws himself into the last defender and Rainbow flies by their tumbling forms toward the open endzone.
>"TOUCHDOWN ELEMENTS!!!"
>The fans go wild and shake the stadium with the stomp of their hooves.
>>
>>29939520
>Dash does a little touchdown dance before Thunderlane, along with the other Elements, glomp on to her in a team hug.
>The Ponyville sideline it ecstatic.
>Even Rarity gets up and cheers from the bench, until Dr. Stable sits her down with a disapproving look.
>She sheepishly sits back down next to Fluttershy.
>"Oh goodness, how exciting Rarity!"
>"Yes, quite the show, wouldn't you say dear?"
>"I'll say. Seems you really lit a fire under our teammates, huh?"
>"Oh, I like to think of it as "stoking the embers of the fire inside them." It's more poetic that way."
> Both of the girls giggle at that.
> The doctor works at putting a splint on Rarity's leg.
>"Oh my, are you sure you'll be alright."
>"Oh pshaw, it's sprained not broken. I'll be right as rain come the next game... Though I sincerely hope the pegasi don't schedule another rainstorm on our next game night!"
>"Hmm, it's not so bad."
>"Not so bad... Not so bad!"
>Oh boy here we go.
>"Darling, this downpour was a travesty! It turned a perfectly good field into a muddy pig sty! And my uniform? My gorgeous jersey!? Ruined! Look at it; theses stains may never come out! Brown might as well be a part of the color scheme now! Not to mention, its going to take multiple baths to get this grime out of my mane and fur!"
>Good old Rarity.

The End

And there you have it! Thank you to the anon I collabed with. I've never done something like this before, but it was fun!
>>
Very nice. Great ending. Rarity playing hoofball is way too entertaining.

Yeah, the collab was fun. I don't think I've ever seen one before, but who knows with all this anonymity.
>>
>>29939668
that was pretty good
>>
Don't worry, the Discord green isn't dead. I should be able to write more in a couple days. I've just been busy this weekend, and then I wrote for OL Rarity.
>>
>>29930699
Wouldn't Princess Luna take offense to that name?
>>
>>29942061
can't wait for more
>>
>>29942942
I would think quite the opposite
she'd probably be incredibly chill about it, maybe have them as her second favorite team
behind the Royals, of course
>>
>>29943623
I was imagining the Nightmares having a mascot similar to Nightmare Moon. Not literally her mind you, that would probably cross the line, but a creature like her none the less.
Badass for sure, maybe badass enough for Luna to like them.
>>
>>29943695
Or not like them. Having a mascot be the effigy of a national villain that tried to conquer the world TWICE might be a little dodgy.
>>
Do you even lift bro?
>>
File: athlete.png (196KB, 880x908px) Image search: [Google]
athlete.png
196KB, 880x908px
>>29946748
Does weightlifting count as a sport? It's athletic, at least.
>>
>>29946777
It's in the Olympics, so I'm sure it counts.
>>
>>29946748
>>29946777
>>29946824
>It's in the Olympics
>not talk about irl
>>
File: IMG_0706.jpg (561KB, 981x742px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0706.jpg
561KB, 981x742px
So Equestria is full of sapient to semi-sapient animals, from rabbits to bears to Manticores to dragons.
What's stopping a hoofball team, or any sports team for that matter, from using them?
Like, the Fillydelphia Manticores could have a literal manticore as a linebacker.
Pic related
>>
>>29947794
How did Scootaloo get past a bear?

I dunno about manticores being sapient, but you have a point. It seems that creatures that don't speak the pony language (bears, bunnies, manticores) are treated as second class at best. But what's stopping a griffon, dragon, or diamond dog? There was a lovely green in the last thread about a diamond dog playing hoofball.

Where does the EHL draw the line? Do you have to be a quadruped to play professional hoofball?
>>
>>29948513
If you have to be a quadruped that would exclude minotaurs from professional play. Although that might be wise, because bipedal minotaurs would have an unfair height advantage over ponies.

The EHL could have a list of intelligent species that can play?
Ponies, donkeys, griffons, diamond dogs, changelings, buffalo, yaks... maybe not dragons, they might be too hardcore.
Besides, according to one of the new episodes, the dragons have Dragon Bowl.

Anyway, the inclusion of non-equine species in hoofball is probably rare, if only because non-equines don't usually get involved with pony stuff.
>>
>>29948936
I'm guessing there would be a few griffons as free agents floating around. Maybe some donkeys, but we don't know much about them. Griffons seem more likely because we know they're athletic, but we've only seen a few donkeys and they're either old, or they're just a gag. Perhaps buffalo too, but they seem to keep to themselves. We haven't seen them at all since S1, unless you count the ones in Discord's Ponyville.

Even if it would be fair for diamond dogs, dragons, minotaurs, and (to a lesser extent) yaks to play, I doubt they would. They haven't integrated into pony society well enough, except Spike.

Changelings, though, that's a good point. With their reformation, they might be up for something like this. Their violent nature would probably attract them to it - I bet they'd get a lot of fouls until they learn better.
>>
>>29949865
>Their violent nature would probably attract them to it
They're just frustrated that they look like a bunch of kindergarten art projects.

*TWEEEET*
"Personal foul. Spearing. Offense. Number 19. Uhhh... Tarsus?"
>"What! What did I do!?"
"Did I say your name right? And spearing. Did you not hear me?"
>"I-I didn't spear him... My horn didn't even break through the skin!"
"You ran into him leading with your head. That's what spearing is. The horn just adds irony."
>"But-"
"And your the wide receiver for crying out loud. You shouldn't be hitting anyone."
>"What was I supposed to do? He was going to tackle me! Obviously, I had to meet him head on, as any sane changeling would do during a confrontation at Gorefest!"
"..."
>"It's not as gross as it sounds, I swear."
>>
File: 1413277.png (583KB, 989x763px) Image search: [Google]
1413277.png
583KB, 989x763px
>>29951435
>you will never be tackled by one of them
>they will never trash talk you in their lispy ass, faggoty voices
>they will never lay on you for an uncomfortable amount of time and then slap your butt as they get off
>>
>>29951677
thats not gay at all
>>
File: IMG_0707.png (295KB, 1777x1580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0707.png
295KB, 1777x1580px
Basketball ponies when
>>
>>29954073
Basketball does exist in Equestria, since there are basketball cutie marks. How do they dribble?
>>
>>29954421
I can't imagine it being easy. A pony has to be extra dexterous when dribbling on all fours.
>>
>>29954591
Could it be that the entire sport is played bipedal?
>>
>>29954831
That would be awkward, but yeah, it's the only way to do it
>>
>>29954878
Actually, they could probably walk on 3 legs and dribble with another. The ball would have to be smaller though.
>>
>>29955486
I've got a mental picture going now.
Ponies playing basketball with eachother would be the cutest thing
>>
>>29955694
They've got their tough, determined game faces on, but they still have to push out both forelegs to pass or shoot. They can't avoid being adorable.
>>
File: IMG_0705.jpg (279KB, 729x1090px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0705.jpg
279KB, 729x1090px
First Down writefag here.
Finals week is ending for me, so I'm going to try and write up a significant update for the green. Sorry for not updating.

Speaking of basketball pones, I love the pic up there. She looks adorable in her leg warmers and outfit. There needs to be more pics out there of cute ponies in sport uniforms.
>>
>>29957518
Good luck on your finals, friendo. You can always write for First Down after that. Looking forward to it.
>>
File: 7245741.png (185KB, 861x927px) Image search: [Google]
7245741.png
185KB, 861x927px
>>
>>29957518
Alright
>>
File: IMG_0708.png (701KB, 1845x1182px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0708.png
701KB, 1845x1182px
>>
File: breh.png (245KB, 495x502px) Image search: [Google]
breh.png
245KB, 495x502px
>draft is today
>mfw ninersfan
just fuck my shit up, famda famda famda
>>
>>29961536
Has it begun yet?
>>
>>29961578
I'm on the west coast, says it's going to start around 5pm here.

I swear I remember it starting way earlier than that in the past.
>>
Tennis, the true sport of kings
>>
File: IMG_0709.png (1MB, 3204x2052px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0709.png
1MB, 3204x2052px
>>29963267
Forgot pic
>>
File: Ace_Point.jpg (5KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
Ace_Point.jpg
5KB, 180x180px
>>29963272
I always liked tennis, but never had any equipment or anyone to play with.

Tennis is definitely canon, too. I'd like to see some tennis in the future, even if only in the background.

What sports have we seen actually being played in the show? We've seen bowling and baseball. And Buckball of course. I feel like I'm forgetting some though.
>>
>>29963810
Tennis can be fun, but I prefer the lazy man's version: ping pong

Have any anons here played sports in the past? I've played soccer, basketball, and very briefly football.
>>
Football, basketball, baseball, a bit of golf and amateur wrestling.

I also participated in some pro wrestling too.
>>
File: tony k reaper.jpg (32KB, 430x627px) Image search: [Google]
tony k reaper.jpg
32KB, 430x627px
>san francisco takes another fucking 'project' at defensive line
FUCKING FUCK GODFUCKING DAMNIT
>>
>>29965109
Waiting for Denver's pick.

While working on Hoofball sim.
>>
>>29909672
>You line up against the Sentries.
>You observe that they look confused.
>They must be thinking about what sort of play they would run against a team of draconequi.
>You don't really know either, but you don't care.
>You're winging this whole thing anyway.
>The center hikes the ball to the quarterback, who quickly hoofs it to the runningback.
>He slips by the defense unscathed.
>After a few seconds, you leave your clones behind and chase after him.
>You catch up rather quickly, then tap his shoulder.
>Still running, he looks at you.
"Hey there, Turf Rush! Sorry to bother you, but one of my teammates says you're his hero!"
>Both Rush and you slow to a halt.
>"Me? Really?"
"Yes, you! He's back there, see?"
>You point to one of the clones downfield, and he sheepishly waves.
>"Wow! I'm a new to the big leagues, I didn't know I had any fans!"
"Well, you do! And he wanted me to give you this present."
>You hold out a gift box, and he eagerly takes it with the hoof that isn't carrying the ball.
>With a huge smile, he pops the lid off the box.
>A boxing glove springs out, which punches him in a long arc across the field.
>The other players had long ceased struggling on the line, and are now uniformly turning their heads to watch the flight of Turf Rush.
>He finally lands right back on the 7 yard line.
>A certain clone dashes to meet him.
"Did you like it?!"
>>
Wow, it had really been a week since I updated that. I'll try to get more to you guys sooner next time.
>>
>>29965285
>Did you like it?
Kek
>>
>>29965171
How's the sim going? Any sort of update?
>>
>>29965400
Ponyville's team is 66% complete.
Besides that, nothing much.
>>
>>29965419
Nice.
What all goes into making a team, I'm curious.
>>
>>29965500
Well, depends on how much I want to do.

Normally I just go into the roster and edit names of ponies that I think would fit each position.

I could edit stats, numbers, college, etc etc etc... if I wanted to get super deep.
>>
Bump for Pony hoofball simulation...

Eventually going to be done... sometime.
>>
>>29965894
Can you show us who you have so far on the roster and their position?
>>
File: IMG_0711.png (1MB, 1061x742px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0711.png
1MB, 1061x742px
>>
>>29969306
Top cute. I couldn't tackle a Fluttershy either. If I did, I think I might be killed by her teammates. Probably mine, too.
>>
File: Roster Part 1.png (20KB, 293x431px) Image search: [Google]
Roster Part 1.png
20KB, 293x431px
>>29967735
I have to put up three pictures.
>>
File: Roster Part 2.png (10KB, 284x350px) Image search: [Google]
Roster Part 2.png
10KB, 284x350px
>>29970664
>>
File: Practice Squad.png (4KB, 196x151px) Image search: [Google]
Practice Squad.png
4KB, 196x151px
>>29970675
>>
>>29970664
>>29970675
>>29970684
So you're in the process of replacing the human names with pony names.
>>
>>29971056
Yes, I said the Elements were 66% done.
>>
>>29971064
Oh right, I feel dumb now.

Is there no way you can change the random name generator so that it randomly makes pony names instead of human names?
>>
>>29971292
I can, but it would require starting everything from scratch.
>>
>>29970675
>>29970664
Looks good so far! Most of the ponies' positions make sense, like Bulk Biceps as center, and a few make me kek in a good way, like Lotus being a linebacker...
I wouldn't mind being tackled by Lotus and Aloe.
>>
>>29971766
Spa Mares know how to play rough.
>>
>>29971960
Anon pls
Your giving me ideas
lewd ideas
>>
File: IMG_0710.jpg (255KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0710.jpg
255KB, 900x900px
>>
File: IMG_0712.png (414KB, 734x799px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0712.png
414KB, 734x799px
>>
>>29972099
Psh, right.
>>
File: IMG_0713.jpg (1MB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0713.jpg
1MB, 3000x2400px
We Cadence posting now
>>
Eventually, I'll be ready to do maybe a test game or two, I think.

Either way, it's hard to determine 'Does X live in Ponyville' or not.
>>
>>29978526
I'm hype.

You could always make some quality Oh Sees to fill the blank spaces?
Also, you could put Lyra on defense with Bon Bon?
>>
>>29978873
We generated a ton of names in the last thread. Like 800 names. He's not hurting for pony names.
>>
>>29979620
Yeah, I'm working on canons right now before filler.
>>
Bump for green when
>>
How to win hoofball:
Step 1: give Dash the ball
Step 2: get touchdown
Step 3: repeat steps 1 & 2
Step 4: frickin win gosh darn it
>>
File: IMG_0714.jpg (68KB, 300x518px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0714.jpg
68KB, 300x518px
Bump
>>
File: 1493533935091.png (672KB, 778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493533935091.png
672KB, 778x1000px
>>29923687
>>
>>29981539
>>
Page 10 bump.
>>
File: Finishedgame1.png (81KB, 908x563px) Image search: [Google]
Finishedgame1.png
81KB, 908x563px
Finished Elements and Gladiators.
Stats incoming of Exhibition Game.
>>
File: Finishedgame2.png (26KB, 907x429px) Image search: [Google]
Finishedgame2.png
26KB, 907x429px
>>29988056
>>
File: Finishedgame3.png (37KB, 901x524px) Image search: [Google]
Finishedgame3.png
37KB, 901x524px
>>29988065
Ta da?
>>
>>29988056
>>29988065
>>29988082
Wait, why does Derpy have 123 receiving yards and 6 tackles? Is she on both offense and defense?
>>
>>29988188
Doctor Hooves plays on Defense.
>>
>>29988082
>>29988065
>>29988056
Nice. Simulation anon delivers!
It looks like it was a close game with Cloudsdale making a comeback against Ponyville.

Like I said before, I want to do post game recap greens of your games. Probably can't get to this one cause I'm too busy right now, but in the future I am totally on board.
>>
>>29988401
It's an exhibition, so it's not like it's a season... yet.

But hey, two teams finished.
>>
File: IMG_0715.png (252KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0715.png
252KB, 1024x1024px
>>29988056
>Starlight Glimmer
>Defensive Pony of the Game
Even in hoofball, Glimmy still proves to be best pone
>>
>>29988994
The team still lost, so... that was a shocker to me.
>>
>>29989335
It looks like Cloudsdale's defense won in the end. The last touchdown was made with 9:30 left in the quarter. I guess the they stopped Ponyville from getting within field goal distance for the rest of the game and nabbed the victory.
Which begs the question, what happened to Ponyville's offense at the end of the game?
>>
>>29989578
I didn't save the play-by-play but no one else got anywhere and Ponyville ran out of time on the final drive.
>>
>>29989652
Poor Elements...
But hey! Fluttershy was on fire! Four field goals, and one of em was made 46 yards out. That's impressive.
And Rarity looked like she was in good form too.
>>
>>29989714
Yes, Rarity as Derpy and Fluttershy did great, but.. look at that Gladiator defense. Lightning Dust add H. Winds both got more tackles than any Element.

Also, I just noticed the 2 P. Pies. Who is the other one?

Also, are you going to add Maud to Ponyville's lineup?
>>
>>29989801
I'll say. Gladiators had a whopping 53 tackles compared to the Element's 28. Makes me wonder why Glimmer got Best Defensive Player?
But yeah, Ponyville got a lot of yards, but not many touchdowns came of it.
>>
>>29989801
Peachy Pie.

Maud is but isn't starting, I'll probably change that.
>>
>>29990515
Apparently there's a mare and a filly with the name Peachy Pie, so... yeah.
>>
File: IMG_0716.png (126KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0716.png
126KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>29991920
Very nice. Is this fresh?
>>
>>29992052
It is not. I found it on derpy and it gave me a kek.
>>
Page 10 bump by hoofball sim anon.
>>
green incoming
standby
>>
page 9 bump
>>
>They both turn to you, and Hondo breaks out into a great big grin
>"Why hello there, Boss, we're doing great! I must say, this is beautiful weather we're having!"
"Indeed it is! I must say, the Weatherponies really outdid themselves today!"
>"Absolutely. Well, what is the ol' stallion upstairs up to nowadays?"
"Ahh, not much is new, just the usual to deal with. You know, the PR department getting up my tail about the state of things, the GM and Head Coach getting into fights over players, you know the drill."
>"I see, just a day in the life."
"Heh, yeah. By the way, Rarity, how are you doing, my dear lady," you say, bowing in courtesy.
>You're used to bowing to ladies
>After all, it /used/ to be normal for the Princesses to come and watch your team's games.
>"Oh, uh, I'm doing fine sir, thank you. You konw, there's really no need to bow to /me/, darling," she sputters, blushing.
>You have to admit, she's really cute when she's flustered
"Oh, but it would be impolite of me to show you any less respect. After all, you've helped save Equestria countless times, and your boutique is-"
>"Okay, okay, that's enough flattery. Really, there is no need."
"Oh, I'm sorry about that. Anyway, so, how is Retirement treating you, Mister Butterhooves?"
>"Ack! You just have to bring up THAT play, don't you?"
"Yeah, those were fun times."
>"Sure," he says with a hearty chuckle. "Well, to answer your question, I've been doing just fine. Sure, I miss playing, but I won't miss getting hit all the time! Speaking of, I've heard that the team has been getting hit pretty hard by some bad luck, huh?"
>Your mood drops
"Yeah, it sure has. The team has been in a slump ever since you left, and the princesses have come to games less and less frequently, to the point that they don't even come at all anymore. It's really wearing me out, I have to say. Anyway, I have to go, there's a player meeting that I have to attend in about an hour."
>>
>>29996477
>"Mmkay then. I guess i'll see you later then. If there's anything you need help with, you know where to find me."
"Thank you, Hondo. Well, i'll see you two later then. Take care of your old man, Rarity, my dear, he'll sure need it."
>"Will do, Boss," she grins.cheerfully.
>And with that, you turn and take your leave.
>As it turns out, you did need Hondo's help. Him and his daughter both.
>>
>>29996477
>>29996712
i'm done for tonight. Let this be a lesson in what happens when you try to write when tired.
fuck, I need to sleep.

pastebin: https://pastebin.com/8gL06x2W
the whole story so far: https://pastebin.com/PG5swM7u
self-advertising, I guess: http://pastebin.com/u/Admiral_Anonymou
>>
>>29996744
fuck, I broke the link
http://pastebin.com/u/Admiral_Anonymous
>>
>>29996744
I feel you. I tell myself, "it's not physical actually, I don't need to be fully awake for this." But then I can't write.
>>
>>29997390
I tried to get drunk and write before.
it didn't go well at all

So with the Gladiator's and Element's exhibition game, we have a pretty good idea of what to expect out of this simulation.
Anyone have a team they plan to root for?
I'll probably be a Zephyr fag, if only because I'm writing the First Down green But, I can certainly respect that Gladiator defense now thanks to the practice game.
>>
>>29998237
I have no idea how things are going to go in the sim.

And it's more entertaining that way.

I still have 8 teams to get off my lazy butt to make and finish though.
>>
>>29998550
You've got your work cut out for you
>>
>>29998237
Being a Rarifag, I gotta root for the Royals, and Ponyville of course.

I also like the Bandits. I just like that name, and Dodge Junction is underappreciated. Last Roundup was a great episode, and Cherry Jubilee is cute.

Really, I like all the teams. I like ponies, you see. Once the sim gets going, my favorites will develop I'm sure.
Thread posts: 298
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.