[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Hasbro mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 12

File: GlimmerOftheGlams.jpg (61KB, 527x406px) Image search: [Google]
GlimmerOftheGlams.jpg
61KB, 527x406px
What did Hasbro mean by this?
>>
>>29862817
>"Her purple eyes flash wildly when she is angry"
Can she get more perfect?
>>
File: Glimmer!.jpg (166KB, 1020x664px) Image search: [Google]
Glimmer!.jpg
166KB, 1020x664px
>>29862817
Why did you cut off the interesting parts?
>>
>>29862828
>tfw no special pony pal powers
>>
>>29862824
>eye color changing
Nope, she's a bonified Mary Sue
>>29862828
Give AJ back her face or I'll DJ on your VJ!
>>
File: 1491880526778.gif (1MB, 424x320px) Image search: [Google]
1491880526778.gif
1MB, 424x320px
>>29862828
>Mysterious past
>More is sure to be revealed
Fuck, we're getting another backstory episode, aren't we.
>>
>>29863030
You shithead, this just means we're gonna have a more compelling backstory for her character because the writers thought the one given at the end of S5 wasn't enough.
>>
>>29863030
At least we'll get to know more about her.
>>
>>29863255
Or she'll be even more of a mary sue with a super special edgy upbringing filled with DARKNESS
>>
>>29862817
The show has reduced to Vogel's DeviantART, only it's more official than what came before.
>>
>>29863294
>Gif related
>>29863030
>>
>>29863333
Quads.
>>
>>29862817
>She's a fucking mary sue
DELET THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29862817
If I were to travel back in time to the Spring of 2011 and show this to you, there is no doubt you would believe her to be an OC made by an autistic 9 year old girl.
>>
File: 1489873879811.jpg (18KB, 310x309px) Image search: [Google]
1489873879811.jpg
18KB, 310x309px
>>29864505
http://bronies.wikia.com/wiki/Starlight_Glimmer
>>
File: image.png (229KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
229KB, 480x368px
>>29864527
>>
>>29864527
ZOOMED WORDS
>>
File: 969e28a37a-1486843529755.gif (682KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
969e28a37a-1486843529755.gif
682KB, 500x500px
>>29862828
>purple eyes
>they are clearly blue in the image
One fucking job
>>
File: FluttershysAnimalBrothel.jpg (177KB, 1020x664px) Image search: [Google]
FluttershysAnimalBrothel.jpg
177KB, 1020x664px
They also revealed what Fluttersyh's career goal in episode 5 actually is. She's making an animal sanctuary. It also talks about Pinkie Pie doing things without thinking as if it's a new lesson. I hope this won't be an episode about her being even more retarded than usual. Maybe it's just a comment on Pinkie not realizing the real reason Maud is moving to Ponyville (to be closer to her). Strangely enough it talks about Twilight teaching Glimmer still but there's also other old things on the page so that's probably not relevant.

I'm actually glad to see that they could be exploring Glimmer's past and are finally giving us an episode about non talking animals for Fluttershy, the first one since A Bird In The Hoof. It gives me hope that they're not just going to let the characters stagnate into nothingness.
>>
>>29864574
I'd love that. Some actual development would be great. Maybe at least some of the writers watched the show after S6 and are able to treat the characters right now. I mean they can't be "new writers" forever right?
>>
>>29862828
>she was not really friends with the village ponies.
I am a little offended.
>>
File: s7.png (132KB, 1687x1042px) Image search: [Google]
s7.png
132KB, 1687x1042px
>>29864601
>Twilight bonds about being a teacher with her previous teacher
>Glimmer, Spike, and Trixie bouncing off each other in an episode like No Second Prances
>Fluttershy finally getting development on her love for animals
>Sweetie Belle not being treated like a kid anymore by Rarity
>Glimmer's reason for being overpowered possibly explored
>The story behind AJ's Parents getting together

This season is shaping up to be a smorgasbord of character development and continuity. Throw in some good development and references to Hearts and Hooves day in the Big Mac shipping episode and this season could turn out better than expected. Obviously it's all too good to be true and I'm sure most of it will fall flat due to brand new writers, but you can tell that they are at least trying a little bit when it comes to moving the characters forward.
>>
>>29864709
These themes are really serious, it can be really great if executed right, but it also can also be absolutely the worst episodes yet if they do it wrong. I can imagine how horrible AJ parents episode can get for example. Twilight being just a sperg and nothing more. Fluttershy repeating her assertiveness lesson again. Sweetie and Rarity returning to pre-sisterhooves relationships, Glimmer getting backstory worse than her motivation for forming a cult, probably confirming that Twilight's education means nothing. So much shit can go so wrong I can't stop worrying.
>>
File: image.jpg (846KB, 1800x957px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
846KB, 1800x957px
>>29864873
Don't smile because it'll be over soon, cry because it'll happen.
>>
>>29863014
>>29863302

> any character that has one exceptional talent is a Mary Sue

Can we stop with this already? It wasn't true when people criticized Twilight and it isn't true for Starlight.

A Mary Sue is, by definition, good at everything and liked by everyone such that they never struggle or fail. None of that is true for Starlight. She has loads of flaws, and her magic actually hurts her in this department because it served as a crutch to prevent her from developing emotional maturity and non-magical skills.
>>
>>29864897
>she's just so powerful that her magic becomes a crutch

Definitely not a mary sue at all.
>>
>>29864897
The reason why she feels like a Mary Sue is because Twilight was our atypical strong magical unicorn that was Celestia's prized student. Her spells before becoming an Alicorn were incredibly basic from doing stupid magic tricks in Boast Busters, to simple teleportation and shield spells. Hell, she was even struggling turning an apple into an orange and there were jokes about her magic failing to fix things in the season 2 premiere. Her strongest spells were probably the want it need it spell and the dark magic in the season 3 premiere.

Along comes glimmer and she's just as powerful if not more as Twilight as she is now, 5 seasons into the show after becoming an alicorn. There's simply no way to take Glimmer's magical ability as anything other than a lazy depiction by Haber starting with season 5's finale in order to make the fights seem more epic. At least in the s5 premiere, Larson limited it to her studying a single spell for years.

However, I'm not against Glimmer having a mysterious past. There could definitely be some retroactive fixing of her character if they manage to give us a good story as to why she's so special.
>>
>>29864960
They'll do something like she found Starswirl's manuscripts that are for some reason weren't in Celestia's library and how she was able to learn from them without any special training just because she's that good. They'll absolutely go there to justify this shit. Or just to show how amazing she is again, probably making Twilight remark how she's impressed to emphasize it.
>>
>>29862817
17 hours until we get to see those glorious "purple" eyes again.
>>
>>29867254
16 hours before we see her getting on a bus
>>
>>29864921
By that Logic, Saitama's a Gary Stu.
>>
File: expectations.gif (459KB, 245x141px) Image search: [Google]
expectations.gif
459KB, 245x141px
>>29863255
>Writers try to fix a problem everyone's been complaining about and everyone just bitches about it and expects the worst anyway
>>
>>29867690
Except that Saitama's over the top power is cleverly balanced by giving him a truly heroic personality and a comical struggle to make ends meet because he's poor as dirt and on top of that he's absurdly unpopular among practically everyone but a handful of people.
>>
>>29867704
The problem with Glimmer personally for me is her lack of background than back story. Her story really should stay in present time than past.
We now why she's in her current position but outside of that we don't know much about her. What's her hobby, is she good at sports or she's more of an egghead, what does she like and dislike and many others, small but essential pieces to make a character grow is really scarce even compared to mane6 in first few episodes.
>>
>>29867704
>everyone just bitches about it and expects the worst anyway
Anon, given what we have recently received, is there any reason to do otherwise?

FiM reawakened my optimism. S3 and beyond reminded me why I was a pessimist to begin with.
>>
>>29864921
>>29864960

Missed the point, you mongoloids.

ONE talent, no matter how powerful, does not make a Sue.

A Sue is good at everything. They always win, easily and without sweat. Every significant episode with Starlight has shown that she is a nervous wreck that can't do anything right without others to guide her.
>>
>>29862817
>lavender coat
Horseshit.
>>
>>29868580
It works I guess. She makes me just as suicidal as Lavender Town from Pokémon.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.