[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /mlp/, guess who is the story editor this season again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 16

File: 34523.jpg (31KB, 616x353px) Image search: [Google]
34523.jpg
31KB, 616x353px
Hey /mlp/, guess who is the story editor this season again?
>>
>>29859446
>Joanna and kristine songco
Am I supposed to be upset? This is great news.
>>
>>29859446
>Top Bolt
>Gauntlet of Fire

Shame that we're not going to get any good Rarity episodes though.
>>
>>29859454

It's pretty obvious Haber is going to be the story editor again. If he wasn't, he probably wouldn't even know who was writing the premiere. Haber wasn't a completely bad story editor. I think he approved the right plots and gave the right episodes to the right people (Except for maybe Polsky geting the CMC episode, he's always sucked at the CMC). The problem was that he just didn't give enough attention to the insignificant episodes and they all ended up sucking because of the lack of effort put into them. He sucks at the part of actually editing the trite the new writers submit, not the other jobs associated with being story editor.

I remember someone pointed out how Season 3 sucked and it was the first time McCarthy was the story editor, but she did decently with season 4 and the 2nd half of 5. It's a good thing that Josh Haber is the story editor because he gets to improve and build upon what he learned the first time. A new story editor would just be starting at square one again and that's exactly what you don't want on a show that is already struggling with new writers coming in who have no familiarity with the show and have no investment or care about its success.

I'm glad that Lewis/Songco are doing the premiere because I figured it would be completely shit, but they're actually really competent in terms of both characterization and carrying on the original message of the show. I expect to see some decently nuanced interaction between Celestia and Twilight now if their previous episodes have anything to say about it.
>>
>>29859573
You hit the mark in the most level headed way I've seen on this board in months possibly years. Ya dun good.
>>
>>29859573
>new writers coming in who have no familiarity with the show and have no investment or care about its success
do we actually have any proof one way or the other about this yet? so far i can only recall one writer who explicitly said they didnt watch the show and i cant remember who that was.
>>
File: 1491585722843.png (458KB, 379x899px) Image search: [Google]
1491585722843.png
458KB, 379x899px
>>29859573
Man, stop giving me false hopes. I don't want to get too excited in case it's gonna go bad.
>>
>>29859741

It doesn't necessarily have to just mean having seen every episode/most episodes. There's a lot of ways to consume media. You could have seen every episode casually, just skimming the surface and enjoying them as they go with no real thought put into what's good or bad about them. The range of investment in the show goes far beyond just having seen every episode.

Once you've worked on the show before, you get to have the satisfaction to seeing your writing be brought to life in the show. You see how the storyboarders interpreted your script and how all the animation came out. You get to see the fan response. Some writers may even go to conventions or look at online feedback in detail and start to become invested in what they're writing. They may go back and even see the show in a new light or take it more seriously now that they realize the full weight of what they can accomplish through their writing. They stop feeling like a cog in the machine and start feeling like they have more influence, especially once the story editor has taken off their training wheels and they can start tackling what they really want to do after mulling ideas over for the past year. You can see this evolution with Larson if you watch his panels and interviews. You see how he had wanted to see Amending Fences for a while and only got the opportunity to get it on the show once he was able to approve it himself as story editor.

The only thing that matters is that they stay and attempt to improve themselves the more and more they invest themselves into seeing the show as something they helped shape rather than just seeing it as another temporary writing job. This is why I don't have much enthusiasm for this show anymore, because there's so few people who have had the years of experience required to make the show great. It's really tough because the show lies in the hands of each individual writer when there's no main figurehead like Faust guiding it along like it's their child.
>>
>>29859741
No writer ever said that themselves, Larson implied that they existed though. It was probably just Neal Dusedau though. He had a bit of an axe to grind with him.

>>29859896
Stuff like this makes me glad that people like Berrow at least have a few episodes.
>>
>>29859896
you still sound like youre just assuming the worst with no proof. id like to see what the writers are saying themselves before making a judgment call on how much they care. for all you know some of the new writers have watched the series through multiple times to study the lore and care a lot about character growth or world building. maybe they were even following along since the beginning as fans. you may get a writer like the guy who led the tails of equestria production that enjoyed RPGs like D&D his entire life and was also a huge fan of the show.
>>
File: ellou.jpg (35KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
ellou.jpg
35KB, 600x597px
>>29859573
He also wrote some of the worst episode in the whole series, though.
>but she did decently with season 4 and the 2nd half of 5
Ok, now I know not to take you seriously
>>
>>29859979
>opinions that aren't mine are not worth taking seriously
Anon, your opinions are literally fact and you are so cool.
>>
>>29860000
>>
>>29859446
Didn't they do some writing for LoE or another EG movie? It might not be shit now.
>>
>>29860300
they wrote loe
>>
The thing with Meghan McCarthy taking over as story editor is that she seemed like the right person for the job. She worked with Faust prior to MLP and she wrote some of the best episodes throughout seasons 1 and 2. Yes, she didn't always make the best decision, but it made sense to have her be story editor.

By comparison, Haber was a new writer on the show who was not around the during the Faust era and, honestly, none of his episodes prior to becoming story editor ever reached "MUST WATCH" tier. Really, the only episode that I can think of that even approached that Bloom and Gloom, and even that one I haven't really watched more than twice.

It also says a lot to me that Starlight became shittier under his direction. Remember that her debut episode was written by Larson, not Haber.
>>
>>29859446
>Haber is still on the show
Just fucking kill me already.
>the Lady Writers wrote more episodes for this season
Well, that's nice. LoE was bad, but their episodes were some of my favorites in season 6. At least not everything will be shit.

>>29859573
You made some really good points there desu.
>>
>>29859896
I wonder who's actually guiding the show now.
One of the reason I despise S6 is it's inconsistency in the direction each episodes had and it felt like nobody knew what to do so they did whatever they wanted to do.
>>
File: 1491782551253.png (23KB, 692x564px) Image search: [Google]
1491782551253.png
23KB, 692x564px
>>29859573
You're seriously giving me a lot of hope my dude.
>>
File: 1491183564920.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1491183564920.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>29859446
Haber is shit. He literally gave no fucks about consistency and he let every writer do what he please even if it contradict the story. You can pretty much guess why we're getting another Baby Cakes episode or why Big Mac is getting his "first crush" even though he had it with Marble Pie.
>>
File: 1403118472098.jpg (133KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1403118472098.jpg
133KB, 960x540px
>>29859446
>>29859573
Are you idiots dense? Do you enjoy having your leg pulled?

There is no such thing in this show as a writer-controlled episode.
The executives are in control of editing the scripts however the fuck they want, even if it's at the last minute even during the animation production.
It's going to be another season of Mike Vogel's "I'm a brony and proud to parody, dramatize, dumb down and pander to smug autistic weeaboo bronies instead of little girls and their families"
>>
>>29859446
Who's this joanna and kristine?
>>
>>29859573
Having Josh as story editor is like not having a story editor at all. He has as much knwoledge about the lore and characters as De Lancie and he watches the show as often as he does. He's a fucking figure head placed there so that Vogel could do the story and not get blamed for the results.
>>
>>29861529
Writers of Top Bolt, Gauntlet of Fire and Equestria Girls legend of Everfree.
>>
>>29861515
Please, stop, Anon. Just fucking stop. Yes, you're right, yes, "Hasbro" has been meddling with the show from the very beginning. Hasbro isn't a person, someone has been doing it on its behalf, and most likely it was Vogel himself. After ELTSD I'm positively sure that he's a sociopath, there's no other explanation for that episode, and I really think that he should stay the fuck away of the show.

And still, I really think that you should stop this endless shitposting. Whatever you think you're doing, you're not doing it, you're doing the opposite. You're like those guys with the tinfoil hats, no one will listen to you if you talk like an insane paranoid weirdo. Every time you start flooding the board posting the same shit again and again, every time you start posting the same replies in every fucking thread, you're not convincing anyone, you're just making everyone else think that the only reason to hate him is your pure insanity.

For fuck's sake, stop doing this.
>>
>>29861515
>>29861565
he replies to himself now
>>
File: 282152.png (19KB, 230x206px) Image search: [Google]
282152.png
19KB, 230x206px
>>29861565
>positive Vogel is a sociopath
Holy..... I want more.....
>>
>>29861615
>now
>>
>>29861565
And isn't that because they're dense defensive fanboys? They openly disregard and trash every single loved show, including Samurai Jack, but regard their retarded toy commercial show as above everything else, indirectly helping Hasbro win.

I'd rather blame the fanbase's asshole personality than my poor syntax/diction and overall writing style and emotional depth.
You're right and perhaps I should stop. 5 years and it had no effect. I've only grown more tired and sloppy as time went on.
Degenerate passive teenagers are more hard to reason with than an 18th century person who thinks the earth is flat and science is forbidden.
>>
File: 1489636188073.png (23KB, 499x550px) Image search: [Google]
1489636188073.png
23KB, 499x550px
>>29861565
No offence anon, but this community is full of incredibly stupid, autistic and sociopathic-hypocritical lunatics themselves.

Even if you got the world's top experts in emotional manipulation and natural-born convincing skills then they'd tell that you that making a deluded horsefucker see the light is just as hard curing cancer. It's just as hard as getting a weeabo to say that anime is shit.

Why is pokemon allowed to be posted, but poneis? The fandom didn't get GR15 for nothing. They're genuine stupid assholes from shit households without any formal education and most of them are dumber than /pol/ and /b/ combined. Most who aren't from Canada or America are from shitholes like Thailand, Vietnam and the rest are natural-born shitposters like Australia. /mlp/ is just as autistic as r9k, except they're highly assertive and full of themselves, very similar if we combine /pol/ with /a/.

Anon would genuinely have an easier time fixing world hunger than ever convince a fanboying lunatic of this degree to stop narrowly loving ponies for their flash designs.
>>
>>29861640
>>29861706
it got to stop. You need to seek medical help.
>>
>>29861578
>>29861615
>>29861623
>>29861627
>>29861628
>>29861632
>>29861710
Do you really want to waste your years trying to convince THESE GUYS? It's like talking to a parrot. Words don't affect them, they don't even know basic human interaction.

Hanging a pony from a stick and guiding them around, yes that might have some effect.
>>
File: ignore normalfags.jpg (346KB, 900x627px) Image search: [Google]
ignore normalfags.jpg
346KB, 900x627px
>>29861747
>>29861706
>>
>>29859446
Is it Brian Lenard this time around?
>>
File: 83627245.png (51KB, 624x366px) Image search: [Google]
83627245.png
51KB, 624x366px
>>29861515
>still perpetuating this shitty meme
HES NOT WORKING ON SEASON 7. STAB YOURSELF IN THE JUGULAR VEIN.
>>
>>29862021
>believing the executive isn't fucking with the show in corporate America
>>
File: 1492146095489.jpg (40KB, 379x439px) Image search: [Google]
1492146095489.jpg
40KB, 379x439px
>>29862021
>Believing he didn't have time to pre-edit all the scripts and tell everyone they're fired if they dare to fix anything.
>>
File: big-arrow-hi.png (65KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
big-arrow-hi.png
65KB, 600x465px
OP of >>29862075, if you read this, PLEASE, stop thinking that everyone who disagrees with you is attacking you. It's insane.
>>
>>29862162
Desu archive's post search doesn't work. Got a screencap?
>>
File: 0.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>29862012
Heh, what happened to that guy? He was an executive director for Hasbro Studios.
>>
>>29862242
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/29862075/
It was a thread about the next Fluttershy episode, the OP ragequit and deleted the thread because he didn't like the replies. I think he may be the same anon that started accusing everyone of "ruining his thread" a couple of weeks ago, he's supposed to be an oldfag from the times of /co/, so I don't really understand what's his problem, and I'm kinda worried.
>>
>>29861535
>Equestria Girls legend of Everfree
Well fuck.

>>29862277
Seems like he moved onto other prey under Hasbro's thumb in 2013.
>>
>>29862283
Well he only focused on Fluttershy and she was getting really raped for her zoo idea.
I'd make a better thread right now, but I've ran out of threads. This cooldown and limit is killing me. I wish I was way back on 4chan when captchas didn't exist.
>>
>>29859446
I have no idea who any of these people are.
>>
>>29862277
He looks a little older which is good that means he isn't as impressionable as Vogel. Also he doesn't have those jewish facial traits which Vogel has.
>>
>>29862162
> If you can't agree with with me it means YOU ARE CRAZY!

Totally logical opinion, arrowanon.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.