[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLPFEMTORPG -- Mother of all Threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

File: 2.0 rules.jpg (2MB, 1200x2559px) Image search: [Google]
2.0 rules.jpg
2MB, 1200x2559px
http://pastebin.com/Pu749mrT
>>
File: 1491501980292.jpg (549KB, 800x954px) Image search: [Google]
1491501980292.jpg
549KB, 800x954px
>>29859358
Post sheets
>>
>>29859367

https://pastebin.com/HtYR2Uus
>>
>>29859367
https://pastebin.com/w7vFkeLu
>>
File: combat rogue.jpg (197KB, 736x1046px) Image search: [Google]
combat rogue.jpg
197KB, 736x1046px
>>29859367
https://pastebin.com/7FyBUa0q
>>
File: Sharkmelon.jpg (88KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
Sharkmelon.jpg
88KB, 500x666px
>>29859367
https://pastebin.com/haMVj8ts
>>
>>29859422
>>29859443
>>29859484
>>29859539

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/29771723/#29773089

>All at full H/W except for Rin, who's at 6/5

Last time on PirateQuest...

The elder of the Gusties, Guts and Glory, explained a bit about what's going on on Windy Island. Long ago, the Windy tribe clashed with a demon known as the Crimson King. They almost defeated the Crimson King, were it not for a last-minute bit of trickery by the demon. Knowing he couldn't win, the Crimson King put a curse on the island. The Windies were split into two tribes: The Misties and the Gusties. These tribes were fated to fight until one tribe had completely annihilated the other. If, after 50 years, one tribe did not kill the other, the curse would wipe out all of them.

Guts and Glory only recently learned this from the genie, Stone Cold Classic, so when he sent a messenger to the Misties to explain this, they killed the messenger, believing the warning to be a trick. G&G has sought many ways of breaking the curse, to no avail.

The party offered to track down the Crimson King, whom Stone Cold Classic has indicated is somewhere in the Ribcage, to help by getting him to lift the curse. G&G agreed to wait for 16 days. If nothing happens by the end of those 16 days, he will reluctantly lead his tribe to a final clash with the Misties with the intent of exterminating them.

On a related note, Cutlass correctly deduced that neither tribe was in control of the Loa demons. It turned out that the Loa are spirits of the island that have been trying to stir up battles between the tribes, so that at least one tribe will survive the curse.
>>
>>29859443
"Oh I saw yer little shaman parlor trick. If ye think that'll be enough to shake through the Ribcage's opening, ye've in for a bloody heaving. EVERYTHING about that place devours ships, whether the water currents that change on a whim, the gale winds that toss ye about each way, or the corals and bones that shred the ships and any poor lads that are too close to the edges. I'm tellin' ye as a fellow pirate who wants to see a good strong rival out on the seas, alive: Stay far from that wretched place."

>>29859539
>>29859422
>>29859443
Guts and Glory's melancholy frown turns into a snarl as Cutlass rants. Not bothering to look her in the eye, he flicks his wrist at her, and a torrent of wind, like that of a concentrated tornado, launches her out of his hut and tosses her out onto the grass, much to the amusement of the other pirates.

"There are no-a riches to be taken from here, bottom feeder," G&G spits. "There is only the drive of a people who wish-a to live. Make no mistake that the Blackbarrel pirates, who are-a already with me, will butcher you along with the Misties if you sit about until the day that we must fight to save our people. If you wish to pillage, return to the streets of the brothel that spawned you."

>>29859484
Alder heals Rin's minor injuries as she swings at the fog. As it fades away, you two see a Loa creature, its wooden face sleeker and more fishlike, standing before Rin, with a swaying pony's body composed of seaweed. It holds a sword made of seaweed as well, and has a low-hanging conical hat made of a seashell. It stands relaxed and poised, but steps further back into the receding fog, lowering its sword into a mid stance.

[1d10+2: 9 + 2 = 11]
>>
>>29859620
"I'm not going to let you slip away this time! If you be a puppet of Crimson King, know that I be coming for your blood!!" Rin roars at the Seaweed Loa.

She then leaps at the Loa, attempting to slice it down with a flurry of strikes.

>Last turn of strawberry daiquiri?
>Dual Attack
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

>Slice n' Dice
[1d10+2]
>>
>>29859620

Cutlass' eyes light up with an angry flare. "BROTHEL!?" she repeats the word angrily back at the tent. Her voice squeaks with her unconstrained rage. "I'll have you know, I am the daughter of a highly wealthy, influential, and dignified family!"

She stares at the tent for a moment, then stomps her hoof with a huffy, "EEERGH." She turns and storms off back to the banquet.
>>
>>29859611
>>29859620
"Hmm...well, if I'm all set to be bait," Cerulean says, not feeling much different from her wish other than feeling hungrier, "then I guess we better get moving, right? I don't wanna see both of these cute, tiny guys die. Let alone one. Thanks for letting us be in your party, Guts and Glory. And I guess you're not too bad neither, Stone Cold."

With her goodbyes given, Cerulean heads out of the hut, no doubt looking to chomp down on the Crimson King at some point in the near future.
>>
>>29859620
"Parlor trick? Please, this is good classic nature control. I've heard about how terrible the Ribcage is, but it'll find out the hard way that it can't fight this."
Cloud boasts with an arrogant pose.

>>29859620
Cloud breaks his stance to look over as Cutlass is thrown out of the hut, not having been with the rest of the party's talk.
"What's going on over here, you guys get sick of her too?"
>>29859649
"You sure about that, I mean you did walk around with only strips of clothing for most of a day.
Cloud jests at seeing her upset to further egg her on.
>>
>>29859645
Awakened from the meditative trance he'd left himself in, "Uh, me too ah guess fell- ah mean matey!"

>Slam; Crit +8; +1 from Shield
[1d10+1]
>>
>>29859716

Her face turns bright red. "A-and who's fault is that?!" she stutters.
>>
>>29859734
"Yours for not getting new clothes until—"
Cloud looks over her, noticing the new dress.
"Oh, you did get some new duds. Hope its more durable this time."
>>
>>29859733
>>29859699
>>29859645
As Cerulean exits the hut, she sees that a fog has settled around the Gusties' village, from which glowing sets of eyes watch the party, but the pirates and Gusties don't seem too concerned. She hears Rin shouting from within the fog, and sees HHS charge in after Rin.

>>29859733
As you charge forward into the mysterious fog, shield up, the lion's face on the surface mutates and growls. Before you can get close to the Seaweed Samurai Loa, a force slams into you and you get thrown back against a tree.
>Slammed. The shield quite enjoys it, no matter who's participating...
>HHS 7/6

>>29859645
For each cut you inflict on the Seaweed Samurai Loa (SSL), its undulating blade slashes against your skin, ripping up fresh cuts in retribution for each hit.
>Rin 2/5

The samurai recenters itself, lowering its conical hat. [1d10+2]

>>29859649
"Wealthy?" The word ripples through the merrymaking pirates. As you reenter the banquet, many from the Blackbarrel pirates, mostly unwashed Diamond Dogs with bits of jewelry pinned to their ears and clothes, approach you, offering beers and fishes and fruits and stools. "Ach! Let's invigorate the lady's night, lads, after being so poorly treated by the host!" one of your new attendants shouts.

>>29859716
"Well, may winds follow you then, mate. Most of our crew is going to depart from this island soon enough, on a raiding run. If you see us, turn around, lest ya want to be pillaged," the pirate says.

>>29859716
"All-a her-a talk of raiding and pillaging and-a taking advantage of the-a curse on the island wore out its welcome," G&G explains.

"Yeah, yeah, the short of it's that there's a curse on the island and Jaws here volunteered to try to break it," Stone Cold Classic says, dragging his treasure chest behind him. "A demon in the Ribcage, past a whole lot of danger and death, you know how it goes."
>>
>>29859733
https://pastebin.com/68nd0GB3
>>
>>29859780
Rin roars in pain from the strikes, however she continues to fight back. "Give me your best shot!!" She shouts.

Rin then swings out, as if you grab something from the Seaweed Samurai.

>Wenches & Mead: Steal Samurai's Sword
[1d10+3]

>Slice n' Dice
[1d10+1]
>>
>>29859780
"I should say the same to you. I may let you guys off, but the others ain't so courteous."
Cloud says with a friendly shoulder jab.

>>29859780
"Curses and demons, what did I miss?" Cloud questions the chief, followed with a cautious glance at Stone Cold, "Hey its the guy from the cave, what'cha doing up here?"
>>
>>29859768

"Yes, I used potentially dangerous magic from a mentally unstable genie to ensure my decency, no matter what shenanigans may ensue," Cutlass says proudly. "And, as an added bonus, it never stains."

>>29859780

Cutlass rolls her eyes as the pirates suddenly take an interest in her wealth. She opens her mouth to berate them, but then a plan begins to form in her head. She closes her mouth and smiles deviously.

"Yes well," she says condescendingly. "You all look and smell as if you haven't bathed in... ever. But, it has been a very... trying day for me. I accept your kindness."

She sits down on one of the stools and telekinetically brings an apple to her mouth. "Just don't touch me," she says before taking a bite of the apple.
>>
>>29859780
After stopping to stare at his shield in disbelief and take in a deep breath,

"COLLAEVO!"
>Word of Power [1d10]
>>
>>29859836
"You did what now?"
Cloud says in confusion, giving her another eye over.
"Let me see if I follow, you used magic for a dress that doesn't stain, but I'm hearing nothing about it being fine through another growth session."
>>
>>29859780
Cerulean shrugs and charges in after HHS, wondering what is going on.
"Hey, what's going on? Did you guys go picking another fight or something?
>>
>>29859879

"Oh, I assure you, that was covered in my extensive wishes," she laughs proudly.
>>
>>29859813
"Oh fuck me, am I really going to have to explain all of this again?" SCC groans.
"We-a may as well," G&G says.

The two explain that there is a curse on the island. They explain the history of the Windy tribe, the 50-year curse that the Crimson King laid on the island, and how the curse will expire in about 20 days. It turns out that SCC had come up to G&G's hut to ask where the hell all the violence was, because although SCC doesn't care which of the tribes lives or dies, more violence means more wishes. G&G also explains how Cerulean offered to help the tribe, and used one of her wishes to wish for power, as demons are attracted to power, and this should help everyone track down the Crimson King.

"That about wraps it up," SCC asks. "Questions from the peanut gallery?"

>>29859836
The dogs, eager to please, present many trays of food and drink, but gleams in their eyes betray their anticipation of a reward. "Ahhh, mistress, will you and your party be staying here for the night, or wandering out into the forest again?" one dog asks. "We can give up our cots, if you need them. We'll likely be working on our vessel all night anyway..."

>>29859858
>>29859812
>>29859881
The shouted word captures the SSL's attention long enough for Rin's ghostly hand to steal his sword and cut him across the chest. Disarmed, the Loa frowns and drops low like a boxer. It rushes forward and headbutts Rin backward in retribution.
>Rin 0/4

The SSL breaks off a shoot of bamboo to serve as a weapon, but holds it at its side, not even in a battle posture. [1d10+2]
>>
>>29859881
"Ah dunno, ah just saw the drag'n 'ere hittn sumtin so I figgered I'd help em out, yknow?"
>>
File: Foolish Samurai.png (354KB, 1017x765px) Image search: [Google]
Foolish Samurai.png
354KB, 1017x765px
>>29859893
Even after Rin has been headbutted and sent the ground, she can't help but let out a cackle at the Loa. "I still got your sword, foolish samurai!" She shouts at him with taunting words, blood still flowing out her nostrils.

>Recovery
[1d10+1]
>>
>>29859886
"You sound so sure, want to find out the hard way?"
He offers with a smirk.

>>29859893
Cloud nods along as they explain the story, thinking a moment when asked for questions.
"Why don't you just have some kid from each tribe marry, like in that old story about the fighting families. You fix your feud, you're all one united tribe technically, problem solved."

Cloud looks over at Cerulean when told about the wish used
"So everypony is wishing for stuff now. Should I expect them all to start turning into gold or something like in the cave?"
>>
>>29859903
>>29859893
"Good enough for me," Cerulean says and gives the ground a slap with her tail. Seeing the SSL arm herself, Cerulean arches her back and flashes her teeth before lunging forward to give a hard slap with said tail.

>+1, Single, Crits 8+
[1d10+1]
>>
>>29859893
"Alright, less try thsun ugain shield boy!"
Charging ahead at the samurai
"No'un downs 'un o mah deckhands and gits away with it!"

>Slam [1d10+1]
>>
>>29859926

"M-maybe later..." she stutters through a blushing face and shifty eyes, unable to look Cloud in the face.

>>29859893

"I have no intention of going back out into that disgusting, cursed jungle. Least of all at night," Cutlass answers, accepting all manners of fruits, but simply putting them on the plate in front of her, taking her time eating the first apple.

"But," she sighs. "I suppose I'll have to trek back through eventually to get back to our own ship. Unless," she says coyly as if she just thought of the idea, accompanied by a condescending smirk as she looks around the table.

"You all wouldn't be willing to sail me out of here would you? You say you're working on your ship? Is that what keeps you here? Once it is finished, will you be leaving?"
>>
File: foolish samurai.jpg (20KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
foolish samurai.jpg
20KB, 512x384px
>>29859926
"We've-a been-a fighting for-a fifty years, do you really think there is-a any chance that such a thing could occur, when they-a kill my messengers who bear messages of-a peace!?" G&G shouts at your suggestion.

>>29859926
"It's a possibility," SCC grins. "It never fails to make me laugh how people think there's such a thing as a 'free' wish. When you take, you gotta be prepared to give. It's the same with wishes. But of course, if you still wanna cash in those three wishes of yours, you could make it a sacrificial wish. Pay your debt off up front, enjoy the wish with no strings attached!"

>>29859959
>>29859961
>>29859919
The SSL is overwhelmed when Cerulean and HHS come at it, and the two knock it back, and it flips and skids to a halt after the impacts. In a change of tactic, it leaps forward, improvised bamboo-sword held above its head. [1d10+2]

>>29859987
"Well, we are doing some repairs, yes. We got scraped bad by some underwater crabs, if you can believe it. They pinched the bottom right off our hull, and then they swam off with it! You'd think they were the Fruitfly Pirates, with behavior like that," the dog explains.

"Oi!" a small black dog with a white beard that trails down to his hind paws approaches, and hops up onto your table. "Some crews may not discriminate in who they take aboard, but the Blackbarrels are dog-only unless approved by the Captain, and that'd be me. So what do you bring to the table, and why do you presume to join us?"

"She's got mon--"

"Not good enough!" Capt. Blackbarrel hollers at his subordinate. He draws a rolled-up newspaper from his back pocket and whacks his lackey. "A pirate has no use for money. He shoplifts from all!"
>>
>>29860013
"Well you got us that have talked with both your tribes. They *love* me over there, I'm sure I could get something to work out."
Cloud says to G&G.

>>29860013
"Hmm, can't really trust how 'strings free' that sounds when the others almost became statues. Don't really got much to give either, what kind of debt are we talking?"
>>
>>29860013
As the SSL leaps, so does Cerulean, but jaws first to munch on the bamboo pole and plans to keep munching forward until chewing on the SSL.

>Cleave 2 (the seaweed thing and the bamboo pole)
[1d10+1]
>>
>>29860013

Cutlass can't help but crack a smile at the adorable display of the captain hitting his dog crew with a newspaper. But, she quickly shakes her head.

"I don't mean to join your crew. That is, unless you would want me. I simply need a way off this island. I'd get off whenever you next make land."

"As for what I can off you... Well, I AM a pirate captain. I can certainly make it worth your while in the future once I get my crew back together."

[1d10] to be charming and convincing
>>
>>29860013
Rin charges in with a cackling yar har har as she slices at the Samurai with his own blade in one hand and her own in the other. "Have a taste of your own weapon!"

>Dual
[1d10+1]
[1d10+1]

>Slice n' Dice
[1d10+1]
>>
>>29860013
"Ha-hey! didn fly back dis tyme!"

Watching Cerulean counter the Samurai
"PROFLIGO!"
>Word of Power [1d10]
>>
>>29860039
G&G hesitates, and SCC clears his throat, stepping between you and the chieftan. "We aren't interested, and there's no way of knowing whether your method will stave off the curse or not. My way is a guaranteed victory for the Gusties, and they need all the guarantees they can get."

>>29860039
His tone relaxes. "Oh, it's not much really. The more precious the object sacrificed, though, the better your wish will be. It's not a sacrifice unless it hurts to part with, after all."

>>29860050
Capt. Blackbarrel's ears pin back, and the fur on the back of his neck rises. "Having two captains on a ship is bad, bad bad luck, and where we're going, we'll need all the luck we can get. We managed to steal one of those magical maps that can lead you to the Ribcage, you see. Big, big things are happening there. They say the Haku, who lord over the islands inside, are finally fighting openly, killing indiscriminately. This'll be the only time true pirates like us can get in there and plunder off of those fat cats. Too bad, but we can't risk even a dash of bad luck."

>>29860070
>>29860063
>>29860047
In the blink of an eye, it's over: Cerulean and HHS are severely bruised all over by multiple strikes, but Rin endures the hits and slices the SSL in two, and its mask and hat drop to the jungle ground.

>Cerulean 0/5
>HHS 2/6
>Rin 2/4

Although the immediate threat is vanquished, the fog looms before you, and with the sunset, traversing the jungle will be difficult. Still, 16 days isn't a very long time, and even one day's worth of delays may make all the difference in this quest. Capt. Bee Holder may know how long it'll take to get to the Ribcage.
>>
>>29860127
Cerulean shakes and dusts herself off as she stands back up.
"Wow, that thing looked tough. What was that, anyway?"

As Cerulean talks, she starts to make her way back to Bee Holder, remembering it has been quite the long time since she's seen the crew.
"Anypony seen the Captain around? I think we may have our next stop."
>>
>>29860127
"Ha-HA! We got em good boys! Lets get back to the ship then!"

Just realizing the extent of the trio's injuries, "Ah, uh, suppose we shood git that healin' 'un to clean us up then"
>>
>>29860127
"You never know, that guarantee of yours might be for the other side. Just tossing that idea out as a simple solution."

>>29860127
"Hmm.... Think I'll pass on the sacrifice, I only got one thing I could and I'd never give even if my life was on the line."
>>
>>29860181
"Ahm the cap-I-tahn now feller, as you can see fruhm dis 'ere hat's significAnce!"

He points to his fancy tricorn with pride.
>>
>>29860127
Rin stands before the Samurai, taking a deep breath of satisfaction. Her leather is torn up thanks to her growth and all the battle she has been in recently, covering mostly her lower half while her flat scaly chest is unprotected. "Ahh... Nothing like the thrill of a fight. I hope you put up more of a fight, Crimson King." She speaks, as if expecting the spirit to still hear her.

>>29860181
"Likely just another Loa that Crimson King controls. We'll just have to cut the head from the snake if we want to slice down all these Loa in one blow." Rin replies about the Loa. "Hmn... Good idea matey, we should go talk with the captain again."

>>29860194
>>29860202
"I can clean me wounds after we get back to the ship, besides I enjoy the feeling of pain!"
>>
>>29860208
"You are?" Cerulean looks at the hat with a head tilt. Curiously, she takes the hat off his head and puts it on her own.
"Does this mean I'm the captain now? What an odd way of establishing leadership...."

>>29860226
"I'm more than happy to bite that snake's head."
>>
>>29860127

A devious grin slowly crosses Cutlass' face as the captain talks. If this were a cartoon, she'd have dollar signs in her eyes.

She doesn't have a good poker face.

"A magical map, you say?" she laughs condescendingly. "Only REAL pirate crews like - I don't know... the Fruitflies," she names a crew 'off the top of her head'. "Would have such a thing, not a bunch of mutts like you all. It's cute that you're lying to make yourselves look more important, but it's transparent."

She gets up onto the table with the captain and pats him on the head. She musters all of her strength to suppress her gag reflex as she touches him. She turns away so he can't see her disgust. "I mean, if you REALLY had such a map, you wouldn't have crashed here in the first place, right?"

She bites her lip in devious anticipation.

[1d10] for duping
>>
>>29860235
"Give thayut bayuck damn you! Ahm the Cap-I-tan, Mr. Cold Kulayssik sed so!"

Steve throws his weight around trying to reach his hat off Cerulean's head.
>>
File: Fisherman.jpg (38KB, 630x453px) Image search: [Google]
Fisherman.jpg
38KB, 630x453px
>>29860276
Cerulean holds it out of his reach. An easy task, considering she is already quite tall.
"Hmm...."
She puts it back on her head.
"Well, I wouldn't listen to that genie. But its your hat, and I don't feel like being captain."
>>
>>29860248
>>29860202
"We'll be taking off to the captain then, you two follow if you want!" Rin shouts over.

>>29860294
"Come along now matey, let's head back to the captain."

>Navigation roll.
[1d10+1]
>>
>>29860294
>forgot navigation
[1d10]
>>
>>29860305
>>29860311
"Hay now! Ahm the leeder, Ah'll say when we go...Lets go now then"
Donning the Northern Helmet above his tricorn,
>Navigation [1d10+2]
>>
>>29860321
"The captain be me only leader you hear me?!" Rin shouts back.
>>
>>29860248
Capt. Blackbarrel's face scrunches with confusion and annoyance, and he barks at you once you put your hoof atop his head. "What are you rambling on about!? Don't you defame me or my crew! It was hard work stealing this! Look at it yourself!"

https://youtu.be/12netxZd5DM
He unravels the newspaper which he used to whack his subordinate, and opens it to the middle. Held inside is the magical map, which as he said, appears magical in nature for sure: The map centers on a massive cluster of islands, archipelagos and other features, surrounded by scrawling scribbles, which you figure are the coral reefs that surround the Ribcage. Next to the illustration is a series of notes and arrows. According to the annotations, the Ribcage is flowing through the ocean, albeit very slowly. It's moving away from all continents and heading into the deepest, most isolated part of the Manedian Ocean, en route to the Coltic Ocean.

>>29860202
"Doesn't matter much to me, just lookin' out for my clients!" SCC says, affectionately slapping G&G on the back. The chieftan does not move, his brow folded with thought.

>>29860305
>>29860321
>>29860311
Together, you retrace the path that you took on your way through the jungle; the return trip is easier now that you know the general route to take. HHS even discovers a sneaky Loa pitfall trap before anyone can fall prey to it. Regrettably for Rin, however, no Loa or skeletal dinosaurs come out to fight, apparently needing sleep themselves.

>Timeskipping; Cloud and Cutlass can stay at the Gustie village if desired, but specify in the post where you are

Those who go along with HHS make it back near midnight, and off in the distance catch sight of the faint glow of the night patrol around the Misties' village. However, you can't tell who's on watch from this distance.
>>
>>29860321
"Well we'll jus sea what happins when we get there won't we"
>>
>>29860351
"HELLER! MISTIES! YOO-HOO! GIVE US A WARM WHALECOME HUH?"

"Y'all think tha crew is awake enough to surve thayr new cap-I-tan a coupla drinks?"
>>
>>29860351
Cerulean approaches, letting Steve do the greeting for now. She is smiling, however, thanks to the safe and smooth journey they had for once.
>>
>>29860351
Rin decides to keep her focus on searching for crew members nearby and possibly for the captain herself.
>>
>>29860351
>Staying in village
"We'll talk after I snag up whatever is in the Ribcage, that should be a good enough sacrifice."
Cloud pauses, thinking a moment.
"You said that sacrificial type is upfront, right? How about we flip that, say a portion of whatever I pick up in there goes to you. I get some wishes, and you get treasure or artifacts or whatever little weird things those islands have with leaving your box."
>>
>>29860351
>staying in the village

"I see..." Cutlass says as she gawks at the map. "Quite the impressive feat. You're certainly more of a pirate crew than I thought."

"What's this about the islands moving now? How could that be?"

As he (presumably) puts away the map, she takes care to note where he stores the newspaper on his person.

>Master Thief to see if she can come up with a plan to nab it later that might make things easier [1d10]
>>
>>29860378
>>29860397
>>29860405
As you approach, HHS's sudden yelling elicits startled shouts and the clamors of panic. Clacking alarms made of fishbone and bright stones go off, and a javelin, thrown from within the village, flies just over his head, knocking off the hat. However, the shadows you lurk in part, drawn away by magic. A unicorn mare with a bandana and a loose pirate smock, horn aglow, peeks out at you. "Oh, it's just the recon guys. What'd you find out about the Gusties?" she steps forward and clears a path through the bushes with telekinesis. "Hey wait a minute... where'd Cloud go? He's not hurt, is he?"
"Oi! Where's Cutlass, too?" a nearby Mistie asks. "She didn't gome back? Ai yi yi, de forest's eaten people now too!"

>>29860432
He rolls it up again and sticks it in his back pocket, apparently unsecured. However, you notice that his back pocket has a set of teeth lining it, reminiscent of a mimic. The teeth hold the newspaper in place and presumably serve as a trap.

"Nobody's sure," Capt. Blackbarrel says with a frown. "It's been that way for as long as it's appeared in recorded history. Over centuries, it's absorbed many islands that were in the wake of its trajectory, and that's how it's grown so big over the years. But, despite the letters and records that have come out of the Ribcage, there's almost no information on whatever's in the center. Obviously, ponies are living inside it. Why they don't even know what's at the very heart is beyond me, but there's probably the secret of its movement."

>>29860418
"And how do I know you'll even get anything? You're hardly a good asset to invest in right now, since I don't know where you'll end up or what you'll take. Trust me, I've had all kinds try to shake me down for some truly free wishes, all kinds. You'll need to give me some collateral for me to agree to this."
>>
>>29860482
"Well, the Gusties are actually an okay school of minnows as well. It's actually this Crimson King demon that's causing all these problems for both of you. Which is why we need to get to the Ribcage, and fast! The sooner I can sink my teeth into this demon, the sooner both tribes can be saved!"
>>
>>29860482
Picking his hat up off the floor, "Nah thay're fahn jus hangin' aroun' wit sum jeener and the Gusties. Wheres Bee Holder, mah new first mate, anyhow?"
>>
>>29860482

Mimics. Cutlass has encountered them before in her travels as a master thief and pirate captain. Surely, she can come up with a way to get around this snag.

>Master Thief knowledge check [1d10]

Cutlass smiles at Blackbarrel. "Why you could maybe even turn this whole archipelago into your very own pirate ship!" she says, smiling at the idea. "Then, everyone will want to be in my crew an- er... YOU'RE crew..."
>>
>>29860523

*your
>>
>>29860482
"Cause I'm me, and I've always gotten what I set my eyes on."
Cloud looks over himself, thinking of what to make a deal with.
"Ok, how about this. I'll offer up my wings for collateral, and I'll get one of those wishes now without any of that sacrifice stuff to make this whole Ribcage run easier. Then, I'll come back here with all the treasure I grab up, give you say... a third of it, and then I get those other two wishes with no drawbacks and my wings back. Deal?"
He offers to Stone Cold, holding out his hoof.
>>
>>29860482
"Your little rival group of Gusties aren't my concern anymore, I be hunting a more dangerous enemy known as 'The Crimson King'. don't you have any directions to a place called the ribcage?"
>>
>>29860507
"Aww, not dat crap again," the Mistie says. "A curse? It's nonsense. They're just tryin' ta trick you lot. Don't buy into it, just go in to see Peace and Quiet and tell him all about whatever de Gusties got cooking up." The Mistie points toward the cabin of Peace and Quiet.

>>29860509
"You mean the captain. Just 'cause you have a new hat doesn't mean you're the captain now, in case you're having trouble keeping up. She's drinking with the chieftain in his little hut," the unicorn says.

>>29860523
You've heard that certain combinations of incense can lure mimics to sleep and make it safe to take out their treasure without fear of being eaten, but you can't recall which incenses it was.

"I caught that slip of the tongue!" Capt. Blackbarrel grunts. "I wouldn't be so eager, though. The bigger the crew, the bigger a target you become, and the greater the pain it will be when you lose them all." His face is solemn. He pats his back pocket reflexively, and sort of side-steps away so that his back is not facing you.

>>29860576
"Two-thirds. I get two thirds the treasure," SCC says, grabbing your hoof. As he shakes it, he yanks you in and leans in close. "May fortune smile upon you."

There's a feeling of weightlessness and then heaviness and numbness as your wings vanish.

>>29860638
"That's... where our captain is taking us with her map," the unicorn says. "You DID join the crew knowing that that's where we were going from the start, right? Or did you not get the memo?"

>>29860638
>>29860507
>>29860509
>to move things along a tad
The Mistie points you toward Peace and Quiet's hut, and again, despite your exhaustion from the full day of traveling and fighting, you are again struck by the visual and atmospheric similarities between the two. Inside, you hear the chieftan and Capt. Bee Holder talking and laughing over drinks but they haven't noticed you yet.
>>
>>29860654
"I might be suffering from sleep deprivation and blood loss a tad bit. Now where be the captain?!" Rin shouts her question to the unicorn.
>>
>>29860654
"Two thirds? Alright, I'll just grab more treasure then."
Cloud shakes SCC's hoof, stumbling a little as he's pulled forward.
"It always does."
He responds with a smirk.

Cloud shivers at the strange flip-flop of weigh on his body, looking back at his wingless back.
"This... is gonna take some getting used too."
He says with a frown at the lack of his leathery appendages.
"Cold too, how do other ponies put up with this?"
He turns back to SCC, getting back on track.
"I'll deal with that later. Ok, that first wish of the deal, I wish for better control over nature. I already can make things grow, but I'd like to get some full control beyond that, like they're a puppet under my hooves."
>>
>>29860654
"Heller thar new 1st mate and leeder of the sahvajeez! Whats been goin' on while we wuz out huh?"
>>
>>29860654
Cerulean approaches P&Q and Bee Holder.
"Good evening Captain, Peace and Quiet. Captain, I think we might have an answer to both of our friends' troubles, but we have to sail for a place called The Ribcage first. And maybe gnaw a demon or two, maybe find some 'loot' while we are there."
>>
>>29860654
>>29860682
"Oh, and on the side, you got anything like that box you're floating out of I could use to carry all these riches I'll get?"
>>
>>29860654

Cutlass rubs her chin in contemplation. For a moment, she considers making another wish for incense. It would be an efficient way to get what she wants for minimal payment. But, she still doesn't know how deep in the "hole" she is already. So, she shakes her head.

She gets down off the table and sits back down at her stool. She absent-mindedly begins to eat the fruit given to her before. Her mind swims with plots and plans.
>>
>>29860673
With a look of severe concern, the unicorn picks up Rin with her hooves and carries her over to the hut.

>>29860687
>>29860701
>>29860673
"Call us savages again and I'll put everything you're captain of at de bottom of de ocean," P&Q growls at HHS.

"Oh, right! The new captain!" Bee Holder says, putting her captain's hat on top of HHS's new hat. "I... completely forgot," she says with confusion. "Wait, when did we decide he was the captain!? Eh, whatever, I'll think about it tomorrow. Anyway, ain't been able to get much done with all the Loa we've had to chase off! But, our crew managed to scoop up enough food and water to fill our stores to the brim and our ship's all patched up again."

"Demon? Ribcage?" P&Q asks. "Nonsense! What of their capabilities, their powers? Did dey fool you with der lies, der sob stories? Do you have no useful information for us!?"

"Settle down, settle down! I wanna hear the story!" Bee Holder interjects. "Go on, Cerulean, tell us what you found!"

>>29860682
"Thaaat's one," SCC says, snapping his fingers. "And get your own box, buddy. You'll need a lot to pay off all this."
>Earthen Grasp can, as an instant, summon a minion with 5/1 H/W

>>29860735
You do recall that some ships will carry the incense on them in case a chest they carry aboard their ship turns out to be a mimic. Since most of the Blackbarrel pirates are here, that means their ship may be minimally guarded.
>>
>>29860740
"Yes, great thinkin' 1st mate Bee Holder, tell us all about it Cerulean, despite mah bein' thar and all that"
>>
>>29860740
"What do you think you're doing? I'm just fine! You think I be some weak little swabbie who needs sleep?! or blood?! I only thirst for it!" Rin says, not specifying if she means thirsting for sleep or blood, too tired to stop from being lifted up.
>>
>>29860740
"Well, we found that they don't have control over the Loas neither. In fact, pretty sure the Loas are poking at you both and making it look like the other. Like a fog rolled in and next thing I knew, I see Rin and Steve fighting some kind of seaweed creature. Just like how when the Loas attacked here, they came with all that wind and stuff. They're just trying to get you both to fight so one of your tribe dies so the curse doesn't kill you both," she explains calmly, watching the exchange of hats occur between Steve and Bee, "so I decided to sail to this place called the Ribcage to take down a demon called the Crimson King. If he's out of the picture, then neither of you are going to die in 16 days. And maybe stop the fighting since, again, the Loas are just being a bunch of no good dolphin tricksters. Oh...pardon my language," she says with a slight blush.
>>
>>29860740
"Fine, don't be helpful." Cloud scoffs, "That place is full of treasure, first stop will cover it no problem. Now, to test this out..."

Cloud steps outside and looks to the nearby forest. He readies in a focused stance, giving a sad look back at his bare back with no wings fanned out. Shaking his head, he looks back to the trees, trying to get one to uproot and walk over to him.
>Earthen Control [1d10]
>>
>>29860740

Cutlass smirks as everything comes together. The only thing to do now is summon her powers to not vomit. She looks around to choose the least offensive looking diamond dog. She trots up to him and leans on his shoulder.

"The night has grown so long," she says dramatically, touching her hoof to the side of his face. "I do believe it is time for me to rest. But, alas, I cannot fall asleep without the proper incense. Since your captain has proven that you all are a TRUE pirate crew, you do have some incense yes? Couldn't you show me to your ship so that I might borrow some? Pretty please?" She blinks several times flirtatiously.

[1d10] to be convincing despite her inner nausea
>>
>>29860771
>>29860768
>>29860757
"Well, that's a convenient overlap, since we've seen set on going to the Ribcage since the beginning!" Bee Holder says, holding up her map. "Got this map and everything! We'll leave right in the morning if the captain permits."

"Captain?" the unicorn from before asks, looking at HHS again. "Oh dear." She departs.

"Someting's going to happen in 16 days, and dey don't have any control over de Loa, eh?" P&Q says. "So, I assume den dat de Loa have also attacked them, to stir up trouble dere, and push dem into attacking us. But, be dat as it may, I don't know how much I buy dis curse business. Too convenient. Dis don't feel like de whole story. But still, we don't got much of a way of verifying. We can't leave dis island, since we rely on the mists too much to go about our business. Hmm..." he pauses and thinks. "Alright den. If de Gusties ain't in control of de Loa, that brings us an edge, however slight... Perhaps I can treat with them with this knowledge: Some common enemy for us to focus on and bring a little breathing room to our tribe.

"One last thing: Since you are leaving tomorrow, let me bring you something that will allow us to communicate across de distances..." he starts to root through his trinkets, and then finds a large blue conch shell. "Dis be a Caller Conch. You'll have to come up with a password for yours, and dat will enable us to call you on it."

>>29860776
The plants stir a little, but not much happens.

>>29860823
The diamond dog bites his lower lip and lowers his eyes bashfully, and his feet press together while his hands go behind his back. Mumbling something incoherently vapid and infatuated, he wanders off toward the coastline.

Oh, but that stench? There's a horrible feeling in your stomach... You don't think you'll be eating again all night. The concept of eating itself now makes you shudder.

>Paused
>>
You got second chance.

Do not waste it.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.