[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have the writers been reading too many fanfics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Punishhed RD.png (653KB, 1183x658px) Image search: [Google]
Punishhed RD.png
653KB, 1183x658px
What do you think about the writing in the recent seasons?
>>
>>29852415
>criticizing the war timeline

If anything we need more fanfics set there.
>>
>>29852415
more king sombra!
>>
Remember, if you are a writer for a show you are technically forbidden from reading fanfics of that show, since it would create a copyright nightmare if ideas from the fic happened to leach into your show writing, even subconsciously.

The FiM writers do make me wonder sometimes, though.
>>
>>29853458
Has anyone ever been caught reading fan-fiction for a show they're writing before? How does that work out, wouldn't they have the copyright anyway?
>>
>>29853458
tell that to the slice of life episode.
>>
>>29853472
I think the Star Trek cartoon was somehow involved as to the reason the rule exists.
>>
>>29852415
Absolut gold
>>
>>29852415
I don't know, the entire premise of the was basically a MLP fanfic brah...
>>
>>29852415

If you're going to do alternate timelines that emphasize the importance of the mane 6 friendship, you have to make them crazy.
>>
>>29853458
I would say that it's possible that some newer fim writers read fanfics before they became writers, but most of them don't even watch the show...

Though, it's not like it's impossible that the official writers came up with the same ideas as some fanfic writers.
>>
>>29852415
makes me hope scootaloo becomes a steampunk with some neat artificial wing enhancements. dont let your dreams be dreams.
>>
>>29852415
Don't know if they read fanfics but current director of the show actually visits EqD to post some personal comments, so it's possible that creators are taking direct feedback and reference from EqD people and their contents.
>>
>>29854308
I feel like if the writers were fanfic readers deer wouldn't still be a dumb animal race. There's way too many fics with deer as a sapient species.
>>
>>29853458
Please, give me a break. If this fandom wasn't a bunch of morons sitting around then Hasbro Studios would get sued for every episode.

Sadly the ideas are so common that nobody can demand copyright over them.

I also don't understand how you think the creator of a fanfic can sue the company, when it's a fanfiction. It's using stolen characters, the owner of said characters can easily sue the pants off you first.
>>
>>29852415
If they read fanfics, there would be way more shipping.
>>
Both the "writing" and the ideas make me vomit, OP.
>>
>>29852415
>metal wings
MMMMBLEERRRGHHH

>cut tail
>an even more dyke-looking haircut
*shoves gun to sidehead*
>>
>>29857009
>fake angry reactions
MMMMBLEERRRGHHH
>cringe roleplay
*fucks your mother*
>>
>asterisk action asterisk
>>
>>29857009
you have a point on the hair but shorter tails makes sense, less things for the enemy to grab you by.

its that or stuff it full of razor wire and shit and use it as a whip/club.
>>
>>29852415
>Have the writers been reading too many fanfics?
They really don't need to go that far. All it takes is for writers to get exposed to the fandom cancer circling around twitter.
>>
>>29852415
>war timeline was fallout equestria

wait, does that mean that nightmare moon timeline was past sins?
>>
>>29857057
*FUCKS YOUR FATHER TO ASSERT DOMINANCE*
>>
what was that fic that was MMC before MMC?
>>
>>29852415
They sure have.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.