[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RePony CYOA #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 2

File: ponyville.png (293KB, 2533x1157px) Image search: [Google]
ponyville.png
293KB, 2533x1157px
Link to First Thread: https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/29808164/

“...I’m sorry, but, uh, who the hell are you?”
>The ponies look back at their commander, who grins rather intently.
>”Why, I’m glad you ask! We happen to be… THE CUTIE MARK CRETINS.”
>They strike a stylish pose and wait for your reaction. Is this supposed to be intimidating?
“Cutie Mark… Cretins?”
>”Yeah, we got called that once and we liked the sound of it.” said the unicorn at his own plodding pace.
>”Do you know what it means?” Asks the earth mare in a high pitched voice.
“Right… I’m just gonna…” You flare out your wings and lift off into the the sky.
>”Hey! Wait! What?” The leader asks, and he starts to fly up after you with a bit difficulty.
>However, he REALLY wants it, and he’s pushing to get at you, making it up to your level with a great deal of huffing and puffing, and swinging a sloppy punch at you.
>Both of your hooves come up and you grab his foreleg, and you drive your hind legs into his stomach, leaving him wheezing before you flap your wings and swing him around.
>He goes spinning off, slowly towards the ground, and you look at your hooves.
>That was automatic, you didn’t really put any thought into it. How did you know that?
>It’s something to think on as you flap on over the guard station.
>A tidy building with a crest of the royal guard, tucked in between two larger and official looking business.
>Technically more of a local militia, but it’s sanctioned at the very least.
>You enter, and directly inside is a small, slightly cramped waiting room. There’s desk behind some glass, and an Earth mare, yellow with a blue mane, perks up as she sees you.
>”Oh hello! Welcome to the Ponyville Guard Outpost! I’m Private Private Sunshine. How can I help you?”
>She gives you a smile that radiates warmth. Just a little bit, literally.
>>
>>29841266
u wan sum fug?
>>
>>29841266
I'm here to see if I can't get some answers.

Go on to explain our story.

>>29841306
No, fuck off.
>>
>>29841266
I have a bit of magical amnesia and was hoping you could identify me. If it helps I am aparently a decent airel combatant.
>>
“Yeah, I’m hoping you can. I’m apparently suffering from some kind of magical amnesia. I can’t remember anything before this morning. Maybe you can look me up in the census files based on my description?”
>She nods. “We sure can. Just turn around.” She pulls out a camera from a compartment under her desk, one of those instant print types.
>”Alright, now give me just a little bit of pout.” She snaps a picture, and after a few moments the photograph slides out. She shakes it a bit and gets a good look at it.
>”That’s a fine rump… picture.” She says, and stands up. “Let’s get this sent off to the Canterlot office…” She walks over to a mail slot and slides it through. “It could take a few years minutes… why don’t I get a basic rundown of what you do remember?”
>You nod and start summarizing the day’s events and what you’ve figure out/suspect. Starting with the how Carrot found you, the signs of an assault, what the doctor said about your amnesia, your run in with the Cretins and how you were able to defend yourself pretty easily from them.
>”Do you think you hurt him?” Private Private Sunshine asks. “Oh, I hope the poor dear is okay.”
>>
>>29841569
He didn't seem too bad off if you ask me. Knocked the breath out of him maybe.
>>
“He didn’t seem too bad off,” you reassure her. “At most I knocked the breath out of him.”
>She seems relieve. “Oh thank goodness. I know they’re kind of nuisances but… being an adult without a cutie mark? It’s gotta be awful.”
>There’s a dinging sound, and an envelope shoots out of the mail slot and onto a conveniently located cart weighed down with envelopes. It’s black. Pitch black.
>She spins around her office chair twice before stopping herself and looking at the envelope with a frown. Holding it up, she looks at it.
>”I’ve… never seen this before.” She said. “Uh.” She pulls out a stamp-like device and runs it over the seal, but nothing happens.
>”This is… uh… so far above my paygrade that I might get fired for breathing on this thing.” She says, dropping it abruptly and standing up.
>”Be right back,” she says, and practically sprints over to the other room. When she makes her way back, she’s got another pony in tow, a grizzled looking stallion with an eyepatch on his left eye.
> He takes a look at the envelope and produces his own version of the stamp looking thingie, but stops as soon as he sees you, abruptly dropping his stamp and saluting and then unsaluting.
>”Um!” He says, floundering for a second. “Sirrrr-ivilian! As well you, I mean, as you may not know, Level 7 Clearance Information cannot be discussed at local outposts!”
He looks nervous. What do you say?
>>
>>29841835
What? Where can it be discussed? Do... do you know who I am?
>>
“What? Do… do you know who I am?”
>“N-nope. Not at all, Civilian. Yes. That is definitely what you are.” He starts to sweat. “But, what I, uh, do know is that I can’t tell you anything. And that Clearance 7 information is only to be discussed in Canterlot.

OOC Note: I am totally okay with you heading for Canterlot, but it would change the tone of the quest, make it more of a thriller than a Slice of Life like I had intended. I’ve already got ideas for how it could work, and it might make the quest a bit more fast-paced, or you can do things the slow way. Either way, it’s totally your guys’ call. Vote in the Strawpoll below.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12722057

I’ll allow ‘til tomorrow for answers. I haven’t been getting many responses anyway.
>>
>>29842061
Yeah I have been working all day I will only be able to play on some days.
>>
>>29842250
Well I can post during breaks but our break schedule got all fucked up today.
>>
>>29842061
How about we stay here and go there when our memorys recover. We will also go if they do not come back.
>>
>>29842061
Thank him for helping you and then leave I guess ,we'll go to canterlot, eventually.
>>
You think if we ask the guards to do things for us they'll listen?
>>
Tiny bump
>>
>>29844342
bump
>>
>>29845395
BIG BUMP
>>
We need to make some money.
>>
>>29842061
WAIT A SECOND HOLY SHIT DID YOU SAY ADULT WITH NO CUTIE MARK. I tottaly missed that when I saw them. How the fuck is that even possible.
>>
Hey guys, I'm really sorry but I can't run today! I'll do a bit of a longer session tomorrow to make up for it. Something personal came up and I just can't do it today. Sorry.
>>
>>29847111
Welp, can't be mad at those trips. Good luck man
>>
>>29847111
We forgive you faggot.
>>
>>29847111
quest is dead.
>>
I want to help those guys get thier cutie marks.
>>
>>29849880
>>
>>29848772
Maybe sex is there special talent.
>>
>>29847111
Early start or late finish?
>>
>>29842061
Well, would clearance 7 information even be allowed to an amnesiac pony like me?
>>
A couple quick things before we get started today. I’m sorry about the spotty updating, I’m pretty stacked up over the weekends so I doubt I’ll ever be able to run sessions then, just FYI. As for yesterday, I had planned on running RePony, but something came up and I had to bail. My bad, guys. I’ll try to do better.

I’m enjoying this a lot, and would love to see it through to the end, assuming you guys want the same. Low numbers don’t really bug me much, but I am cautiously optimistic that interest will grow as I keep QMing. So don’t worry about that me running off to cry in a corner because my precious quest isn’t instantly super popular. So long as a few of you are having fun, I am too.

According to the Strawpoll, 70% of you are in favor of staying in Ponyville and keeping things more slow paced. Not that you can’t/won’t go to Canterlot eventually. We’re just getting started.. So, we’ll stick to my original plan.

Regarding your current lack of memories… A few of you have voiced concern and questions about that. I don’t think I’ve directly addressed it. I’ve implied some things, but let’s clear up any room for misunderstandings. Yes, I have a specific back-story for ‘Chuckles.’ I’m planning on slowly dishing it out as we go, as I have been so far.

I think it’s safe to say we’re past the tutorial stage now, so things will be more open-ended from here on out. I’ve tried to fill Ponyville with interesting things to see and do and interesting ponies to meet, and while you may have some soft obligations and maintenance stuff you owe Carrot, maybe help her out a bit if she asks? I’m trying not to arm-twist you into doing anything specific. For now, go check out whatever sounds neat and have fun!

Now, to make up for yesterday, I'll be starting early in a few minutes, and I'll be running late today. See you soon!
>>
>>29852738
Oh boy.
>>
“Would you even be allowed to talk about like, the really important stuff to someone who doesn’t even remember who they are?”
>”Uh… assuming that a full suite of magical scanning was done to make sure you’re not a changeling or some other kind of shapeshifter, yes, but oh would you like at the time?” He said, looking over at a wall that did not have a clock on it.
>”You’ll have to excuse me. I’m late for a very important appointment somewhere far away from here..” He turned and dashed back into his office. You hear breaking glass and a muffle whinny.
>You and Pvt. Sunshine stare at the door where he exited for a second. You look back at her.
“So… adults with no cutie marks? That’s… very strange.”
>She nods. “Oh yes, the poor dears. We’ve tried to help them. Some people have even, uh, shouted at them loudly what their special talents are. They’re… not very bright.”
>>
>>29852817
So is that stallion always that weird or is that a new thing?
>>
>>29852817
So we know what they're talent is. What is it.
>>
>>29852738
>no weekend sessions.
Awww guess I will only be able to play a couple times a week outside of breaks.
Fuck timezones.
>>
“So, uh, everyone knows what their talent is?”
>”Well, Sully, he’s the blue pegasus with the black mane? He’s clearly a singer. His voice is so pretty and he does everything with this sort of… syncopation. But if you tell him that he shouts at you. It’s lovely.”
>”TT is the fatter, green unicorn. He’s kind of slow but you can see him casually fiddling with different fun little knick-knacks and he’s obviously destined to make toys for kids.”
>”Matches THINKS her talent is starting fires. It’s just, uh, really easy to start fires and the way she does it is more criminal than inspirational… I think her real talent is helping people get together. I’ve seen the charts.”
>You look over at the door where the commanding officer left through abruptly.
“So, uh, is your commanding officer always so, um, eccentric?”
>”Welcome to Ponyville.”
>>
>>29853039
Well I appreciate the help but I best be going. See you later, Sunshine.

Let's go back to Carrot.
>>
>>29853039
Good point.
>>
“That’s… a good point. Well, I think I’ll wait on rushing back to Canterlot. I’ve got a few vague bits of memory, and I might be here for a reason and all.”
>”That makes sense,” Pvt. Sunshine says with a nod. “Well, the guard station will always be here if you need anything! Uh, within our very specific purview, anyway.”
“Uh. Thanks. I’m gonna head out now.”
>”Don’t be a stranger! Oh, and if you ever need some money we do have a few freelance jobs. Things the guards can’t manage or would prefer to contract out.”
“I’ll keep that in mind, thank you.”
>With that, you start back towards the Farmer’s Market location, keeping an eye out for any more despicable types. However, taking to the air makes it quick and easy, and you don’t see the ponies in question.
>As you arrive back, Carrot seems to be packing up for the day, most of her wares sold and a sizable portion of bits in a bag on her cart.
>”Oh hey there Chuckles!” She says as you land. “I was wondering when you’d get back. Didja find anything else out about your past just yet?”
>>
>>29853238
I tried to find out about my past, but apparently the file about me is so classified that the Guard would rather act like crazy people than tell me what's in it.
>>
>>29853238
Apparently I can fight well. Kicked one of those Cutie Mark Cretins one good. I stopped by the guard station but the captain was just kinda weird and... that's about it. How was business? Ya'know, I couldn't help but to notice that you might has a dislike for farming conglomerates.
>>
>>29853238
A few but nothing special, how was your day selling things?
>>
“Apparently I know how to fight. I kicked one of those Cutie Mark Cretins one good.”
>”Hah!” She says, clearly amused and delighted by this. “They talk a big game but they’re runts when it comes to actual fightin’. I ‘spose that’s because they don’t have cutie marks, and most of the kinds of self defense thingies talk about using and incorporatin’ your cutie mark into the fight. I just sicced my cows on ‘em and they don’t bother me no more.”
“Other than that, I don’t know, nothing special. The guard captain acted weird around me, but I have no clue what that was about. How about you? Get a chance to snub any farming conglomerates?”
>”Hah! You bet your rump, buddy!” She says with obvious glee. “Sold all my goods at a premium rate because they’ve got things like care and love put into ‘em. You don’t get that on yer fancy-ass corporate farms!”
>She picks up her last barrel and loads it up onto her wagon. “By the by, would you be up for runnin’ an errand for me? I got a couch pick-up at 4 with Quills, Sofas, and Beyond, I needed one anyway and figured you could use a place to crash if ya didn’t get your head sorted out. I can have ‘em deliver it, but I’ll just give you that money instead if you get it for me.”
>>
>>29853429
Transporting a couch by ourselves? That sounds a bit difficult to carry. Unless we just wait for you there while you come back with an empty wagon. But yeah we'll go.
>>
>>29853429
Sure. We'll go get the couch.
>>
>>29853429
Will do.
Wait why is it called quills and sofas
>>
“...Quills, Sofas, and Beyond?”
>”They sell quills. And sofas.” Carrot said. “Lemme see your map.”
>You pass the paper to it and she searches it for a second. “Right there! Used to be a mom’n’pop sort of dealio but kind of exploded and know there’s one in every city. And beyond.”
“Well, I can probably grab that for you, then. Might be heavy.”
>”They’ll give you a dolly or somethin’ and we can return it next time we’re in the area,” Carrot assures you. “I’d get it myself but I’ve gotta hit my chores before it gets too late.” She reaches into her bag and passes you 50 bits. “The sofa itself has been paid for, so you just gotta get it. In about 3 hours.”
>You nod and pocket the bits.
>”I’m off to go get my chores done. Have fun around town!”
>You’ve got a bit of time to yourself, and it’s about 1 PM. You start off into town.
Anywhere you want to go? You also escaped Pamphlet Pusher with the map and your life. You could also look to grab something to eat, there appears to be a restaurant called ‘Sugarcube Corner’ on every block.
>>
File: Quills and Sofas.png (678KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Quills and Sofas.png
678KB, 1280x720px
Quills and Sofas was a place in the show, if anyone missed the reference.
>>
>>29853613
Go eat at a Sugarcube Corner I guess. Bet we're hungry.
>>
>>29853613
I guess it is time for lunch since it's been awhile since breakfast. So let's get something cheap because we might need to buy a pillow or something later.
>>
>You head towards the nearest Sugarcube Corner.
>Inside is slightly dimmer than the midday sun, it takes you eyes a moment to adjust. As they do, you can hear the low murmur of ponies talking and the clink of silverware on dish.
>Sugarcube Corner looks like a restaurant, except everything is coated with glitter, confetti, streamers, baljoons and pictures of glitter, confetti, streamers and balloons. And it’s aggressively pink.
>Something approaches you, but she’s more flare than mare.
>”Hi! Welcome to Sugarcube Corner!” says a frighteningly bubbly and cheerful voice, and you see a mare with a mocha coat and a pink mane. It doesn’t really mesh very well with her color at all. Is it… dyed? She’s giving you grin that manages somehow to be brighter than the midday sun.
“Um. Hello!”
>”Let’s get you a seat and I can really get to meet you and.- She pauses. “Oh. Oh know. Have I met you before?”
“I-”
>”NONONONO. Don’t tell me! I have to remember you if I did serve you before. I. HAVE. TO.” She looks at you intently.
>”Y-you seem familiar but I can’t tell. Oh shoot shoot shoot shoot.” She grabs a large booklet and starts to flip through it. “I can’t lose this job, I can’t… Please let me have something here, PLEASE.”
>She begins to flip through the book with hyperventilating franticness.
You could try and calm her down. Or just slowly back away towards the door.
>>
>>29853800
For what it's worth, I don't remember eating here before.
>>
>>29853800
To my memory I have never eaten here before so you couldn't have served me. I'm chuckles.
>>
>You gently put a hoof on her shoulder while she races through the book, trying to find anything.
“Well, uh, I don’t remember eating here before. So you couldn’t have served me.”
>She keeps racing through the book for a second, but looks back over at you and slows down until she stops.
>”What? Don’t remember… oof. Okay. Well either you haven’t eaten here before or you didn’t have a memorable experience, which means I’m already double extra fired anyway.”
>She puts down the book and breathes a heavy sigh. “Two more years of Magical Engineering. Uh. Sorry about that, let me get you some free caramel apple slices after I get you seated.”
>She leads you over to the table and gives you a menu, popping back into the kitchen while you wait.
>The food here looks delicious. And nauseating. You think the healthiest option you see is a deep fried salad with frosting on top.
>The mare returns with a tray full of caramel apple slices. With frosting on the side.
“Is there anything here with less than two cups of sugar?” You ask, flipping through the menu.
>”Well, there’s the cup of sugar. That’s only one cup of sugar.”
“Right…”
>You poke through the menu.
>”Well, uh, between you and me I could probably scrape the frosting off your food before I deliver it…”
What are you hungry for?
>>
>>29853926
Ask if they have cupcakes or donuts. Get a chocolate donut though.
>>
>>29853926
Get the cup of suger.
>>
>>29853926
Tell me about your pies. What kind of pies do you have? Are any of the pies pink? Do you serve pinkie pies?
>>
“Um. How about pies?”
>”Hoo boy yes. Chocolate, banana creme, cherry, apple, pinkie-”
“Pinkie pie?”
>She rolls her eyes and fishes into her apron to find a small, official looking form and slides it over to you. It appears to be a medical disclaimer.
>”It is a Class E Bioweapon, you have to sign that release form, and I have to get my manager because I don’t feel comfortable serving my customers it.”
“It’s… a bioweapon.”
>”It will give you diabetes. Not might. It will.”
“M-maybe I’ll just have a chocolate donut instead.”
>She nods and picks up the form, stashing it in her apron.
>“That’s a good idea. I’ll be right back with that.”
>She leaves you to your own devices and you nibble at the caramel apples and learn quickly that you don’t have any cavities which is good because otherwise you’d probably be in intense agony right now.
>She eventually returns with a chocolate donut. It’s bigger than you expected, about the size of your head.
“Do I… eat it or sit in it?”
>She gives you a slightly stiff smile. “I’m contractually obligated not to judge you. We don’t do things by halves here at Sugarcube Corner our motto is-” she coughs and takes on a much more intense expression. “It’s not about the money. It’s about putting a smile on everypony. A smile. On everypony. No matter what.”
>She shrugs. “I don’t know how we don’t go out of business. Our finances make zero sense. But the pay here is the best in town.”
>>
>>29854059
Alrighty then. Thanks.
>>
>>29854059
Kay... take a bite of that donut and see how it taste at least. You can take this to go right? Eat as much as you can or want and then let's get out of here and get the couch.
>>
>With no convenient excuses to procrastinate it left, you try the donut. It’s… pretty good. Very sweet, but somehow not overpoweringly so. It’s also less dense than you were expecting, more fluffy. Not that you can eat all of it in one sitting: oh my no...
>You eat your fill and pack up what’s left over, paying 5 bits for meal and tip total.
>”Did you enjoy your meal, Chuckles?”
“Yeah, well, more than I expected. It was pretty good.”
>”That’s great to hear, and I promise I’ll remember your name next time you visit.”
“I’m pretty sure this is my first time… but alright.”
>Donut in tow, you head back into the street. You’ve got some time before you agreed to pick up the sofa.
>Without any better ideas, you pull out your map and see what there is to actually visit. You might be able to avoid Pamphlet Pusher if you’re careful, and some of the Tourist Attractions catch your eye. The Friendly Friends Castle seems to be the pièce de résistance, kind of the real selling point of the town. That does mean Pamphlet Pusher is most likely to be there, however.
>Various museums litter the town. Carousel Boutique, some kind of fashion museum, the Town Hall has something called the “Harmony wing”, the Shady Lanes Library is apparently some kind of ancestral tree, and the Apple Family Headquarters seems to advertise historical value.
>Ponyville University takes up most of the east half of town, a large campus with lots of construction built to accommodate it.
>Finally, the Church of the Ascendent Alicorns seems to have a fairly large chapel not far from here, if you need something to help you focus.
You have about two hours to spare. Anything in particular you wanted to visit?

Stopping here for the night, figure out where you’re hoping to go. Thanks everyone for playing, I really appreciate you all!
>>
>>29854238
Go to the university and see if they have any ambitious young unicorns researching brain magic that could speed our recovery.
>>
>>29854238
We should go back inside and tell the waitress it is possible we have been here before. We just have amnesia. Offer to look through the book with her.
If she says it is not nesecary the shady lanes library or possibly the university.
>>
>>29854418
That is a terrible idea. Don't ask someone who only is starting to grasp the idea of mind magic to do something as delicate trying to clean up or unlock memories. We might even lose something.
>>29854238
Go to the harmony wing. That sounds really interesting.
>>
This town has some pretty interesting mares so far.
>>
>>29854977
Probably gonna be plenty of interesting stallions as well.
>>
I hope we get a warm blanket.
>>
>>29854238
Let's check out the Harmony Wing.
>>
>>29854490
>That is a terrible idea. Don't ask someone who only is starting to grasp the idea of mind magic to do something as delicate trying to clean up or unlock memories. We might even lose something.
Well, sounds interseting enough to me. Let's do it.
>>
>>29856177
"Wow, it sure would be cool to jump into a fire"
I guess we should do that too because I find it "interesting."
>>
>>29856177
>>29856985
I don't know about you two, but I'm going to jump into the refreshingly cool taste of Pepsi(TM)!
>>
>>29858134
>>
>>29858644
>>
>You take a look and consider the various options and a couple of ideas in particular stand out.
>You could check out Ponyville University, and see if there’s anyone who knows much about mind magic.
>...maybe someone who has a bit of experience, so you don’t end up getting mind-fried by a first year student. Of course, even an inexperienced preliminary scan could probably be useful for figuring something out.
>However, that could also take a while, and you don’t have more than a couple of hours before you need to grab the couch. Something lighter will do for now.
>The concept of the Harmony Wing is appealing, and being part of town hall means that they’re likely to have defenses against… *her*.
>Folding up the map, you take off and glide over to town hall. It’s just after lunch, and the hubbub of tourism and such is starting up again, but it’s noticeable less intense this time. Maybe everypony’s busy?
>In any case, you touch down in front of the Town Hall. It’s surprisingly modest, a round wooden build with a homey feel to match the surrounding buildings. It doesn’t seem to have a lot of through traffic, either.
>You find a wooden door on the west side and set down to make your way through it.
>A couple of ponies sit in benches in the waiting room, looking thoroughly bored. There’s also a more stoic guard stallion standing near the back and occasionally glancing at the pony behind the desk.
>The stallion working the desk has loads of paperwork and is scribbling furiously, switching paper every few seconds. He’s white, with a light grey mane and heavy bags under his eyes.
>As you approach, he looks up at you, using his telekinesis to keep writing the entire time. “Um,” he says, clearly distracted. “Sorry, just a second.”
>He continues on for a few more seconds and then looks up at you without stopping his writing at all. “How can I help you?”
>>
>>29859546
Uhm I am here to see the harmony wing.
>>
“Hello! I’m looking for the Harmony Wing?”
>He points to a hallway nearby. “Just head right down there. There’s usually a tour guide but some business in Canterlot came up and his trip home got delayed.”
>You nod and head down the hallway he directed. There’s a fairly obvious door with a large, six pointed star.
>A “Come On In!” sign is plastered on the door, and the door is unlocked, so you pop inside. You’re immediately greeted by a large, crystalline tree. It doesn’t glow or crackle with magic, but you can… feel something. A sense of calm. A sense of belonging. It brings a small smile to your face, and you can’t help but relax some tension you didn’t even realize you were carrying.
>The wall next to it has a plaque declaring it as ‘the Harmony Tree’. Next to that is picture of a team of ponies, all of them covered in mud and looking like they’ve been working hard. They have the Harmony Tree in what looks like freshly planted soil with a basic structure around us. In the very foreground of the photo is what appears to be a shovel.
>A placard underneath the photo declares it ‘The Day the Harmony Tree Chose Us!’ along with a date some five hundred years past.
>The entire place is very posh, well decorated and furnished. Two major wings are before you: ‘The Original Wielders’ and ‘Wielders Throughout the Ages’.
>>
>>29859861
Original
>>
>>29859861
Well, let's go with original, so we can go in chronological order
>>
>You start down the hall listed 'The Original Wielders’. It’s short, and it leads you to a large room, with a statue, six mares.
>You’ve seen them before. No wait. You’ve seen *this* before.

--

>”...she was the first unicorn to ascend, though of course she was preceded by-”
>You can’t help but smile as she dances ahead to the base of one of the statues, no more than one hoof at the ground at one time. She rarely gets this excited about anything, but this has had her jabbering non-stop since you came in here.
>She spent a full thirty minutes at the Harmony Tree. You have to expect that she got something out of it that you didn’t.
>She pauses suddenly, and looks back at you.
>”I’m talking too much again, aren’t I?”
“As long as it’s not about work, you can talk as much as you want.” You say. “Alright. Tell me about the pink one. She seems fun.”
>She smiles at you. “I didn’t think I would enjoy this so much. Thank you for dragging me out here.”
“Don’t worry about it.”

--

>Your blink a couple of times, and you come back to.
>That was… something. A memory, definitely.
>You look around you. There are six pillars. Each one has a different member of the original wielders on it.
>Twilight Sparkle: The Original Element of Magic. Became our Princess of Friendship before her final Ascension.
>Applejack: The Original Element of Honesty. Worked her farm until it was sold, then dedicated her life to helping other farms.
>Pinkie Pie: The Original Element of Laughter. Started the largest restaurant chain in Equestria. We’re not sure how.
>Rarity: The Original Element of Generosity. Helped establish Ponyville University and especially its design wing.
>Rainbow Dash: The Original Element of Loyalty. Became Captain of the Wonderbolts, held the speed record for hundreds of years.
>Fluttershy: The Original Element of Kindness. Helped create the largest animal sanctuary in Equestria.
>>
>>29860009
Cool. Let's go see the weilders throughout the ages now. Make sure to keep track of the time though. We'll want to be a little early picking up the coach.
>>
>>29860009
That explains the pinkie pies at suger cube corner. Does it say who holds the speed record now.

We will have to ask Carrot Cog about applejack Maybe it has something to do with that conglomerate she hates so much.

Have a look at the later holders wing if it is to large to see it all before we have to leave leave it for another day.
>>
>>29860009
Are any of them still alive? Did Twilight age like an alicorn or a unicorn? Is AJ still around at Granny Smith ages? Did Pinkie Pie somehow just show up hundreds of years later because Pinkie Pie?
>>
>You take one last look at each of the pillars. They all have birth dates and death dates listed. They all seem to have lived long, fulfilling lives.
>Except Twilight Sparkle. Her death date was left blank. You know she’s worshipped as a deific figure around Equestria. That and she was never actually seen to die. None of the alicorns were. They all just sort of… disappeared.
>You mentally note to ask Carrot Cog about Applejack. All of the wielders seem to have been from Ponyville, and the ‘Apple Family Conglomerate’ can’t be a coincidence.
>With that completed, you head over to the other hall ‘Wielders Throughout the Ages’. This one has four alcoves, two on either side.
>One of them has a picture of the original wielders. Listed underneath is ‘The Millennial Chaos and the Golden Age.’
>The second shows a group of mares and stallions. They all appear pretty rough and tumble, and are in a more chaotic looking landscape. Underneath they are noted as ‘The Age of Exploration.’
>The third group shows four ponies, a griffon, and what looks to be a baby dragon. They are standing in rank and file, saluting, and they are wearing matching armor. Listed underneath is ‘the Age of Conflict’.
>Finally is a group of many different races. Two ponies, a zebra, a buffalo, a dragon, and two griffons. They look zany. Each of them looks distinctly magical, but each in their own way. Underneath: “The Age of Discovery’.
>Looks like it’s been awhile since there was a group though. A fifth plaque on a nearby wall says that whenever the need is great enough, a group of Element Wielders will appear and tackle the many problems that develop with the help of the Elements of Harmony and the Harmony Tree. There’s a mirror on the wall with some text: “If you keep the values of Harmony in your heart, maybe YOU could be chosen!”
>You feel a bit nauseous after that. But strangely jealous.
Anything else to check out before you go?
>>
>>29860214
Here? No not really. This was fun though. There are probably more memories around here somewhere.
>>
>>29860214
Does dealing with Pamphlet pusher count as a great need.
Lets go prepare the couch.
>>
>>29860255
*prepare for the couch.
>>
>This was surprisingly nice, you note. You wonder if exploring more places could get you any more of your memories back? It’s something to consider.
>Still though, you do have a job to do, and it’s time to go get the couch.
>You head out into the lobby and find… a scene.
>The secretary has left his desk and is now standing solidly in the lobby, looking grim and determined.
>In front of him, a horrifying and fearsome foe: Pamphlet Pusher.
>”You shall not pass,” he says resolutely. “We have laws about this, Pusher.”
>”I *know* someone needed a tour guide.” She says, stomping the ground, horn glowing. “I *will* tell them all about Twilight Sparkle’s daily hygienic routine. Stand aside!”
>”YOU SHALL NOT PASS.” He roars, and a lightshow begins to erupt in the lobby.
>You quietly sneak pass before you get hit with a stray spell and say a silent pray to the ascended for your faithful champion.
>You have enough time to make it a leisure fly.
>The map guides you to Quils Sofas and Beyond without any issues. The sign on the front shows a quill, a plus mark, a sofa and then another plus mark. It looks like a small, local shop, but something about it feels… strange. Shrugging, you push your way inside.
[1/2]
>>
>There is a pony at the front counter, a unicorn stallion with a light blue coat and an auburn mane, wearing a vest. He's reading a newspaper as you enter.
>”We have company,” he says, just loudly enough to be heard over the general background noise of the store.
>Before you can say anything, an identically colored unicorn mare pokes her head out of one of the shelves.
>“We do indeed,” she says.
>“Do you suppose he’s here for a quill, or a sofa?”
>”He could be here for beyond,” she responds, disappearing back into the aisle.
>”Nobody comes here for beyond.”
>”You could always ask him.”
>”I find the speculation more stimulating. Besides, if he needs something-”
>”Yes, yes. He’ll ask us.”
>”They always do.” The stallion returns his attention back to the paper.
[2/2]
>>
>>29860483
Talk to the stallion and tell him that we're here for a couch pick up for carrot cog. We're a friend of hers named Chuckles.
>>
>>29860483
I am here to pick up a couch on behalf of a miss carrot cog. What do you sell in the beyond section?
>>
Pausing for right now! See you guys tomorrow.
>>
Let's hope that it's a really comfortable couch.
>>
We could probably give the left over donut to carrot.
>>
It's BOX!
>>
>>29862980
Your face is a box you bastard
>>
>>29864431
>>
>>29865230
>>
I'll be getting started soon, this post is just taking a bit longer than I had anticipated.
>>
>You look back and forth at them, slightly perplexed at their utter lack of recognition while still addressing you entirely.
“Hi, I’m Chuckles. Kind of. I’m here for a couch for my friend Carrot Cog?”
>You pause and look at the logo on the desk.
“Also… what do you guys sell here? Besides Quills and Sofas. What’s the Beyond?”
>”That’s another pony who doesn’t understand the name,” the mare calls vaguely towards the front desk.
>”It’s still better than your suggestion. Quills and Sofas and Quills and Sofas and Quills and Sofas and Quills and Sofas. Not catchy at all.”
>”Perhaps not, but much more accurate.”
>”It wasn’t a matter of accuracy, it was a matter of space. And we did agree not to use any fourth-dimensional signs.”
“Rrrriight… Do you have a sofa for me or not?”
>”We have sofas, and some of them are even for you.” He slides a form onto the table with his magic, it looks like some sort of receipt.
>”Correction,” the mare says, returning from the aisle. “We did have a sofa for you.”
>”No, no. We will ‘not-have’ a sofa for him.”
>”Possibly, from a certain point of view.” She stands and waits for you to slog through the receipt. Not that it’s long, it just doesn’t make any sense. Something about instances of you and quantumly linking the sofa to your version of the time-stream. And no refunds. You quickly give up and just sign it. Carrot was the one who bought the thing, she probably understands how this works.
>The stallion snatches it up as soon as you’re finished signing. “Sister of mine, would you do the honors?”
>”Of course.” She turns to you and addresses you directly. “This way, please. No dawdling.”
>Without waiting for you, she heads back into the aisles.
Do you have anything to say or ask her?
>>
>>29866570
Does buying a quill include the ink or is that sold separately? How much would a "nice" quill cost?
>>
>>29866570
Normally I'd ask about your odd behavior, but by this point I'm convinced that almost everyone in this town is nuts.
>>
>>29866570
Do you sell 4 dimensional couches.
>>29866594
Also seconding this.
>>
>It’s a relatively small store, which makes sense, given that it apparently only sells two things. She leads you down the third aisle, of four. Sofas of various styles, sizes and colors follow you, but none of them are the sofa Carrot bought, so she keeps walking.
“So, uh how much for a really good quill? Does it include ink?”
>”Eventually, most quills include ink. But it hardly matters, you don’t buy a quill from us.”
“What makes you think I won’t?”
>”You don’t,” she says, simply, continuing to walk along.
>You reach the end of the aisle, turn and enter a different one. This process repeats a few more times; each time you are more and more confident that the store shouldn’t be this big.
“Okay…” You says, muzzle scrunching up as you try and consider this. “I would ask what your deal is, but I think everyone in this sun-forsaken town is crazy by this point.”
>”Sanity is a matter of perspective. From where we stand, you’re the one who’s crazy.”
>You spot a bit of movement off to your left, which is odd, the store had sounded deserted from the front, but it’s gone when you turn your head. As you pass the next intersection, you see the stallion from the front desk walking with a bald, female pegasus with a green coat and yellow coat. Or… did she have a long, messy mane? No, how did he catch up? Then you pass the mare walking with an earth pony mane with a purple mane and a dark blue coat… Or was she turquoise and purple? Wait, you’re walking with the mare!
>”Constants and variables. Here, we are the constant; you are the variable,” your mare says, as if in response to a question you weren't quite sure how to form.
>She stops in front of a large, wheeled crate. “Here you are, what will be and is your sofa, for now. I believe this you agreed to waive the transportation service.”
Anything to say or do you want to get out of this place?
>>
>>29866904
I did?
>>
>>29866904
I don't know if this is some kind of reverse psychology sales tactic but it's worked. Buy a quill.
>>
>>29866904
I believe I did yes. I think I understand what you mean by me being the variable.
>>
>>29866904
I feel a strange urge to look for a lighthouse now. Is that normal?
>>
“I did?” your own voice asks from the other aisle over.
>As the unicorn mare on the other side of the wall answers him, you remember that Carrot was originally going to have the couch delivered, but had opted to pay you to deliver it instead.
“I believe I did, yes. I also think I’m starting to understand what you me by me being the variable.”
>She smiles ever so slightly and nods. Then starts leading the way back, tugging the wheeled crate behind in her magic.
>“Try not to get lost. You wouldn’t want to wind up somewhere you weren’t meant to be.”
It isn’t a threat, but you follow her very closely back to the front of the store, where a unicorn stallion with an auburn mane is still waiting.
>”Back so soon?” He says, still not looking up from his newspaper.
“Yes. I don’t know what your guys’ weird reverse psychology sales tactic is, but it worked. Get me one of your finest quills.”
>”Certainly,” he says, and his horn glows. A quill lifts out of one of the shelves and sets down before him. It is in fact rather nice, large and purple with an elaborate nib. A pot of ink floats down gently next to it. “Two bits.”
>You give him a look as you grab the bits and pass them over to him.
“So cheap?”
>”You don’t buy the quill,” he says, matter of factly. “Will that be all?”
“I think so. I’m getting out of here.” You grumble.
>”Ta ta.” The mare says, waving at you as you pull the couch out the door.
>You tug the wagon along back to Carrot’s house. Luckily, it’s not uphill and the couch isn’t horribly heavy, so it’s fairly easy going. You arrive back at the farmhouse in the early evening.
>Carrot is in her garden patch, fiddling with some sort of sprinkler system, and looks up at you as you arrive, making her way over to you and getting the door for you.
>”Glad to see it all went okay. Did those ponies give you any problems? They’re a bit odd but harmless.”
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSdmEsnRjAIq
>>
>>29867155
It was an...interesting experience.
>>
>>29867155
They're nice. I think they gave us a quill for free but we had to buy the ink? But yeah. So where are we gonna put this couch? Do we need to move an old one out? I hope we don't have to carry it up or down stairs.
>>
>>29867155
Freaked me out a bit if I'm honest.
>>
>>29867155
I didn't buy a quill.
Proubly display the quill you did not purchase
>>
“Well they freaked me out a little bit. Their whole schtick is a bit weird. But they seemed nice enough. It was an interesting experience.”
>”Heh. That’s about my take on them. Plus they sell their couches for some amazing prices. I don’t know where they get them.”
“Yeah… I think they sold me a quill." You pull it out and wave it around a bit. "Maybe. They didn’t charge me very much.”
>”They never do.” She says with a shrug. “Let’s get this couch inside.”
“Oh, right. Do we have an old one to move first or something?”
>”Nah. The old farmhouse got eaten by Parasprites last fall and I just haven’t gotten a new couch since.” She opens the door and directs you inside to her living room. Her house is very small, you realize. One room that’s a sort of entryway/living room combo. A kitchen and dining room off to the side, and her bedroom beyond that. And the bathroom connected her room, of course.
>”Have any plans for tonight? Me and the girls are going to stop by the Calmest Tavern. If you want to meet my little posse.”
>>
>>29867322
No, I don't have any plans.
>>
>>29867322
More town exploring but that can wait for tomorrow.
>>
>>29867322
If you'd like.
>>
Sorry guys, gotta pause here for tonight. See you all monday!
>>
>>29867322
So what was the old house like.
I kind of want to get in contact with the waitress and go through the book with her in case we had been there before.
>>
How big is her posse? Do they know about us?
>>
>>29870549
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.