[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else cry? https://youtu.be/GNep0M2lJL0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

Did anyone else cry?

https://youtu.be/GNep0M2lJL0
>>
>>29839857
For me, that's where the show ended
>everything is well
>Changelings never invade or do anything stupid
>Starlight accepts that she can reform like an adult and appears in the background
>baby alicorn not made that much of a deal out of
It really is perfect if you think about it.
>>
>when you realize that she was literally the last good writer on the show
>when you realize that the good episodes of S7 were either outliers by generally bad authors or ones by totally new authors who can't be judged yet
Why does Hasbro hate us so much?
>>
>>29839884
To be fair, the old writers left of their own volition
>>
>>29839857
No, I mute the songs.
>>
>>29839857
don't make me feeling this feelings
>>
>>29839857
I didn't feel anything about this song at all. AKR is ok but the song is kinda meh.
>>
>>29839948
kys
>>
>>29839953
>stop disliking what I like
>>
File: IMG_6191.jpg (50KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6191.jpg
50KB, 640x427px
There will be a really good episode in S7, and then you will say it ended after that.

The ride doesn't end, faggots, it just gets stranger.
>>
Amy was always my favorite writer, with Mitch at a close second. I love every single one of her episodes.

She is a precious treasure, too pure for this world.

Does anyone know where to find that video where she sings the extended intro theme? It is the cutest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>29839857
real talk

that song was short but top tier. The episode itself however wasn't very good. It's literally the most cliché conflict resolution imaginable: nobody is responsible for their own faults, it's all the big bad meany show manager that LOVES MONEY MUAHAHAH

Seriously, Rara was a great character and her and the song were wasted on one of the few Season 5 episodes I didn't like.
>>
>>29839857
If Faust is the mom and Meghan is the stepmom of FiM, Amy is the aunt of FiM.
She's my favorite writer for writing great songs (smile song, At The Gala, Pinkie Pride songs, Rules of Rarity, etc) and my most favorite episode Canterlot Boutique. It's sad she left the show with other original writers, but it's good to know that talented people are hired for their talents outside of MLP and wishing for their future success.

S5 literally was a farewell to fans and a middle finger to Hasbro continuing the show from original writers.
>>
>>29839857
This episode was shit and the song was forced feels for a garbage character that I felt absolutely nothing for
>>
>>29839857

Because the song was a emmy bait
>>
>>29840540
isn't that really the entire show in a nutshell though? It's very poorly thought out because it's aimed for children who don't really see anything more than talking cute horses
>>
>>29839857
how is apuls playing the guitar?
>>
File: mlfw1791-1322427921.png (329KB, 626x501px) Image search: [Google]
mlfw1791-1322427921.png
329KB, 626x501px
>>29841414
>>
File: young8.png (371KB, 496x517px) Image search: [Google]
young8.png
371KB, 496x517px
>>29839857
I never liked that episode or those songs but knowing that this was her last ep and she wrote that songs does make it pretty feelsy
>>
>>29839857
EQUESTRIA
THE LAND I LOVE
A LAND OF HARMON-EEEEEEE
hory shet the feels hit me hard when I heard that
>>
>>29841325
I guess, it's just frustrating that the character of Rara and the awesome music had to put alongside such a bland "villain" and plot. It shouldn't really bother me but it does only because this show has had really great, well-thought out plots alongside good characters and music before, so I was aggravated they couldn't do it for this episode.
>>
>>29839857
I will never not miss AKR. She and Larson were the prime examples of everything I love(d) in the show. When I started watching the show Lauren had already left, so I didn't "lose" her, but losing AKR and knowing that she'll never write pony again hurts. Especially after how much I loved CotLM, I doubt I'll ever like so much any new episode.

And yes, I cried with Equestria, the Land I Love too.
>>
>>29839857
The Equestrian Anthem made me choke up a bit, I'm not afraid to admit. It's so simple, yet so emotional.

Tbh, I even enjoyed it more than Just a Pony, and that song was great.
>>
>>29840540

Great analysis, friend, but you seem to have forgotten some things.

Svengallop didn't care about money. He was all about taking credit for Countess Coloratura's fame and abusing his position as manager to make people do things for him while pretending it was what Coloratura wanted.

Coloratura's only real fault in this was trusting a rat over her own judgment and even her friend Applejack. Changing her outlook means reckoning with the fact that she wasted years as a puppet for someone who hated her.

And you can only really call the ending cliche if your definition is sufficiently broad that all stories are cliche.
>>
>>29839857
that was sweet...

this is one of my favorite episodes
>>
>>29839857
Damn, I thought her last episode was Canterlot Boutique
>>
>>29839897
Yes, but Hasbro wouldn't even make it a full time job for god's sake. That's hardly a plan for keeping talent.
>>
>>29839879
Pretty much this. I believe the ending of season 5 was the end of canon, and that all seasons onward are extended sub-canon that belong to an AU.
>>
>>29843499
Funny thing is that S5 finale actually introduced the idea of AU as if the show itself is implying the end of canon.
>>
>>29839857
AKR was easily my favorite writer from the beginning, so many of my favorite episodes were written by her. When we first heard about her leaving the show I was of course really disappointed, but still wished her, and continue to wish her the best. It was another great episode by her, and the song was a nice little way to send off.
>>
>>29839857
The Mane Attraction was easily my favorite episode.
>>
File: 1455493162347.gif (1MB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
1455493162347.gif
1MB, 200x133px
>>29839857
>there is more to this song than an episode time gap fill.

I... I never knew...
>>
>>29839857
>"I'M LITERALLY SHAKING RN U GUIS, LITERALLY CRYING MY EYES OUT"

How does this show actually make you autists cry? I saw the CMC get their cutie marks, and I felt happy for them, though scootaloo still cannot fly. Meanwhile, everyone says the turn of events made them cry. I bet you guys cried when you saw frozen, too. And now this mediocre writer is leaving, and you all cry again? Well now.
>>
>>29843858
>he didn't cry when the Crusaders got their marks
>he didn't cry every time he rewatched the episode
>he didn't cry just by hearing "we've been searching for our cutie marks for a while there"
>he isn't crying right now while he types this post
What are you, a faggot?
>>
>>29839857
That episode was boring and forgettable
>>
>>29839897
Haven't really watched the show in years.
Is MA Larson still writing or did he leave?
What about Corey Powell?
>>
>>29843858
She already left you casual newshit. When 6 years of your life have been dedicated to something you tend to elicit an emotional response.
>>
>>29843908
All the writers from season 1, including Larson, are confirmed to be gone now. There aren't news about Corey Powell, but she didn't write for season 5 nor season 6, so probably she's gone too.
>>
>>29843936
But... what?
Why?
How?

Wait isn't McCarthy still there though, or is she just running the show instead of writing it?
>>
>>29843941
She's been too busy with the movie to work on the show.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 200x211px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 200x211px
>>29843887
>he actually cried when the crusaders got their mark
>he actually rewatches the episode and cri everytim
>he actually cried when the crusaders said "we finally got our cutiemarks!"
>he actually cried when he replied to me

Anon, are you alright? I legitimately think you have autism.
>>
>>29843914
Then why is OP such a faggot and reminding us it happened? Also,
>dedicating your life to 6 seasons of a show
> not just watching the show, buying the occasional 3rd party merch and going to the occasional convention
>inb4 "fan of the fandumb!!1!1!1"

HAHAHAHA sad!
>>
File: 694755.gif (971KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
694755.gif
971KB, 700x394px
>>29843971
I did. I do and I do. I did. And I did, and my eyes are still wet.

What are you gonna do about it, you little bitch? At least I know that you aren't gonna cry, you soulless automaton.
>>
>>29841325
This, they can't even play with the concept of death to pull at the heart strings only losing friends.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 250x250px
>>29843984
>"hahaha, got you, you sociopathic robot!"

I'm not a robot, I'm a glimmerfag :^) try and outsmug me kiddo
>>
>>29843858
No need to sound like some kind of a faggot but things do tend to have meaning, you wouldn't cry over spilling your milk but if you haven't eaten something in a few days it's different. Not saying I cried or anything I watch all of the show in a few days because of /mlpol/
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 301x167px
Who here still /ourhugbox/? We /ponychan/ now?
>>
>>29839884
THe one from The Saddle Row Review is not that bad
>>
>>29844252
>I'm a glimmerfag
that just fucking confirms you're a fucking sociopath
>>
>>29843858
>>29844274
you niggas don't know what it's like waiting YEARS for that shit. It really is a completely different viewing experience.
>>
>>29844616
this
>>
File: IMG_2839.png (258KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2839.png
258KB, 600x439px
>>29839968
This
>>
>>29841223
This. I still wish Amy the best, however.
>>
File: canon.png (568KB, 1022x920px) Image search: [Google]
canon.png
568KB, 1022x920px
>>29843499
This.
>>
>>29839857
I always knew the idea behind the song, and it makes it so much more emotional. This is literally the last time we see anything of the old MLP, and one of the best writers is leaving.

>>29839879
>>29843499
I agree, end of season 5 is the last possible end of the canon.
Personally I'm a bit of a Faust purist, and am tempted to disregard most of the show, but throughout season 5, the show was written by people who cared and knew the characters. After this, everything that made it good was gone.
>>
>>29843499

I feel this way but the series ended with S3 for me.
>>
>>29843499
I'm not enough of an autist to disregard parts of the show as not canon, but S5 is my favorite season and I think it would have made for a good close to the show (if only Glimmer's backstory were more believable, then it would've been great). S6 being a step down and more generic than previous seasons definitely plays into that and I don't exactly have high hopes for S7 considering all the great writers are still gone (even Confalone has only one episode).
>>
>>29844361
exactly, are you a literal autistic downy or some shit? Oh, but of course you are, because you cry about ponies on a mongolian horseracing forum.
>>
>>29839857
Wow, going back like this, the show really has been going on for a while. I didn't even remember this part, and that reminds me (parts of) season 3 were really the last pony episodes I watched more than once.

It really doesn't feel all that long ago since we were stoked that Luna would appear again in Luna Eclipsed. Time does fly.
>>
>>29839879
starlight shouldn't stay in the background, the changelings should invade, and the baby alicorn is a big deal.
>>
>>29839857
people really have an emotional response to such trite, amateurish writing? this is pretty much wattpad in the form of a song and an episode
>>
>>29843499
>not the S3 ending
>>
>>29846029
well your belief is wrong. the writers decide what is canon, and no one else.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.