[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there ever an episode that is worth re-watching from Season 6 or 5?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12

Is there ever an episode that is worth re-watching from Season 6 or 5?
>>
Yes. Even S3 has good episodes.
>>
File: minuette donut.gif (3MB, 520x700px) Image search: [Google]
minuette donut.gif
3MB, 520x700px
Is there ever an episode that is not worth re-watching from any season?
>>
File: actual hype for spike episodes.png (439KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
actual hype for spike episodes.png
439KB, 800x450px
>>29827067
Overall all Spike episodes
E.g, Equestria Games.
>>
>>29827082
Gauntlet of Fire
Secret of My Excess
Just for Sidekicks
Inspiration Manifestation
The Times Are a Changeling

Wrong.
>>
The only episodes I wouldn't rewatch are Princess Spike, What About Discord, The Gift of Maud Pie, and The Cart Before the Ponies. I mean, I will rewatch them, but they'd be acceptable to not rewatch.
>>
>>29826992
Brotherhooves Social....
many anons here have watched it. but the ep improves if you dont get triggered by Big Mac becoming trans(aka being a Tumblrina) or at least,you get the true point of the ep

as for S6,any random ep from the middle I guess,from 12 to 19
>>
>>29827090
>Secret of My Excess
>Just for Sidekicks
Spike fag spotted
Those are certainly very fucking shitty, butthurt spike praiser
>>
File: 1490981497827.jpg (2MB, 4500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1490981497827.jpg
2MB, 4500x3000px
>>29826992
Saddle Row Review, Dungeons and Discords and No Second Prances were all extremely funny episodes that I will never stop rewatching. Season 5 has too many to name.

The overall quality may be decreasing, doesn't mean they haven't stopped making incredible episodes
>>
>>29826992
The Crystalling, The Gift of Maud Pie, Newbie Dash, Applejack's 'Day' Off and The Cart Before the Ponies are all skippably mediocre.

Every other season six episode is worth your time unless you don't actually like the show, in which case you should just leave.
>>
>>29826992
I'm not big on rewatching individual episodes but I rewatched Amending Fences and Made in Manehattan a few times and Saddle Row Review one time.
>>
>>29827137
>Anon flees inside to escape the mocking laughter of his peers.
>He turns on ponies to escape his miserable reality.
>Spike at your services comes on and Spikes constant idiotic fucking up reminds Anon just what a pathetic piece of shit he is
>FUCK YOU SPIKE I HATE YOU AND EVERYONE WHO LIKES YOU.
>>
>>29827120
>becoming trans(aka being a Tumblrina
I don't want to start a fight here, but that didn't happen. Big Mac dressed up as a woman, true, but it doesn't really seem like he wanted to be a woman so much as he wanted to chance just to be someone other than himself, and to be there for Apple Bloom. Of course, him being AJ's brother and all, he gets super over-competitive and get's Apple Bloom disqualified.

then this:
Big McIntosh: When you were little, you used to look up to me, thought I was the best thing since zap apple jam. Things are different now. Applejack's the hero of the Apple family, always rushin' off to save Equestria. And I'm just here on the farm, doin' chores, helpin' out the way I can, nothin' special, nobody's hero. I guess I just thought... oh, never mind. Here I am about to start blabberin' on about my feelin's. You don't wanna hear all this.

Apple Bloom: Yes, I do!

Big McIntosh: I guess I just thought if I could... fill in for Applejack at the Social and get you a blue ribbon, well, I could be somepony you looked up to again. Be your hero again. Even if it was for just a day. It was foolish and I'm ashamed. Please, I just wanna be alone right now.

Apple Bloom: Yeah, well, too bad, you big goof! 'Cause I'm not goin' anywhere. And I know that you're always gonna be here when I need you. Heck, you'll do a whole obstacle course in high heels if you think it'll help me get somethin' I want. You're my big brother. You've always been a hero to me, Big Mac, and you always will be. I'm real sorry I haven't been lettin' you know that's how I feel. Guess both of us have been holdin' back when it comes to expressin' ourselves, huh?

Big McIntosh: Eeyup.
>>
File: 1476584442454.png (757KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476584442454.png
757KB, 1920x1080px
>>29826992
>S5
Amending Fences.
>S6
Top Bolt, No Second Prances, maybe Saddle Row Review.
>>
>>29827151
The Crystalling is certainly the worst premiere the show has had so far, but I thought there were enough good moments that it warranted rewatching.

And, if you ignore the scene where Dash cringingly pretends to be her friends, Newbie Dash isn't bad.
>>
File: 30e.png (188KB, 1106x933px) Image search: [Google]
30e.png
188KB, 1106x933px
>>29827220
Super bait, super bait, it's super baity.
except Top Bolt
>>
>>29827234
I can understand No Second Prances and Saddle Row Review, but
>Amending Fences
>not worth re-watching
>>
>>29827201
What pissed me off was thanks to rise of tumbler feminism if a man dresses up as a woman he is immediately declared transgendered.

So transvestism is no longer a thing any more? You can't be a masculine heterosexual man and engage in a bit of role-play without it being a clear sign of some deeply repressed need to be a woman?

As a man that has engaged in a bit of drag in his day I find the implication offensive.
>>
>>29826992
I've seen that one a couple times. And the one with Quibble. I like the first part of the finally.
>>
>>29827221
Tbh if you edit out all the pointless garbage with the princesses into one episode about starlight and sunburst it would go over to the worth watching pile.

But the A plot is such a drag factor it just doesn't end up being watchable.
>>
>>29826992

This anon's >>29827220 suggestions are all good.

I'd throw Gauntlet of Fire, Flutter Brutter, and Stranger than Fiction in there. They got a lot of flack from mega-autists, but overall I thought they were pretty entertaining.
>>
Season 5: Cutie Map 1 & 2, Rarity Investigates, Hearthbreakers, Scare Master.

Season 6: Saddle Rob Review, Stranger Than Fanfiction, Top Bolt.
>>
>>29827220
>>29827234
>>29827257
Yo I gotta explain myself here. I thought that >>29827220 was listing episodes not to rewatch. Those are all preeminent episodes of the highest quality, except Top Bolt, which I thought was just okay.
>>
>>29826992
Slice of Life
Party Pooped
Amending Fences
Rarity Investigates!
Crusaders of the Lost Mark
A Hearth's Warming Tale
Saddle Row Review
>>
Let's try the reverse. What's not worth rewatching from season 1 and 2?

Season 1: Friendship Is Magic 1 & 2, Ticket Master, Bridle Gossip, Show Stoppers, Over A Barrel, and Owl's We'll That Ends We'll.

Season 2: Cutie Pox, Hearthawarming Eve, Family Appreciation Day, Baby Cakes, Read It And Weep, Hearts and Hooves Day, It's About Time, Mystery On The Friendship Express, and Canterlot Wedding.

Seems like season 1 really was the best.
>>
>>29827468
Hearthwarming Eve, Read It And Weep, Hearts and Hooves Day, It's About Time, and Canterlot Wedding.

But these are all good episodes.
>>
>>29827571

The only thing I'll give Read It And Weep is that it is cute. None of these episodes are worth rewatching because they offer nothing more than cute moments. They don't offer real change or more exploration of characters.
>>
>>29827614

oh shit robots are getting by the captchas now
>>
File: reeeee.jpg (42KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
reeeee.jpg
42KB, 720x720px
>>29826992
>6 or 5
5 OR 6 YOU FAGGOT!!!
>>
>>29827978

Alright, I'll hear you out. What made Canterlot Wedding and It's About Time worthwhile for a rewatching for you?
>>
>>29826992

> not rewatching every episode at least once
Do you even belong here?

And season 5 is best season.
>>
>>29827220
Gotta say, top bolt makes it adorable just for that pony
I don't remember what second prances was about and Saddle Row got a good point of view of all the characters.
>>
File: wine.png (440KB, 1032x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wine.png
440KB, 1032x1024px
>>29829010
I used to re-watch every episode once or twice... but then Season 3 hit.
Twilight doesn't deserve to be a princess, she was just the element of magic, Discord reformed triggered me but at least he's funny sometimes and we have DeLancie who is based at times, Larson is dead and everytime I see the opening I cringe at Twilight's wings.
Also this new mary sue twilight 2.0 without wings
And let's not talk about the no hooves shitty movies that we had and those threads going around here.
I wish I could come back to 2012
>>
File: trixie excite.jpg (26KB, 753x434px) Image search: [Google]
trixie excite.jpg
26KB, 753x434px
>>29829026
>doesn't remember suicide Trixie
>>
>>29829055
Oh right, I dislike Trixie, so meh.
>>
File: trixie together smaller.gif (4MB, 461x259px) Image search: [Google]
trixie together smaller.gif
4MB, 461x259px
>>29829121
I loved this moment.
>>
>>29827137
>Secret of My Excess
>shitty
Is this the neo-/mlp/ I keep hearing so much about?
>>
File: 23257237.gif (4MB, 245x256px) Image search: [Google]
23257237.gif
4MB, 245x256px
>>29827067
2nd post is best post. you cant get a really accurate judgment without at 'least' 2 watches.
>>
>>29827067

Princess Spike.

But seriously, even the worst episodes have some good scenes.
>>
>>29827067
Everything post S1 obviously
Only Hasbro shiteaters would say otherwise
>>
I've been out of pony for years and I've only seen up to the first episode of the third season, is there a unanimous tierlist of seasons/did the quality just start dropping off somewhere? What about that weird human pony thing I keep seeing that looks terrible?
>>
>>29827067
What About Discord.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.