[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the hero side in MLP invencible now? Twilight Sparkle is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: latest-19.png (561KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest-19.png
561KB, 1280x720px
Are the hero side in MLP invencible now?

Twilight Sparkle is an alicorn, extremely powerful in the mlp universe. Starlight Glimmer is good now and she is just as powerful as an alicorn. The mane six have acess to the fucking Elements of Harmony, powerful enough to seal things like Discord. Also, they always can count with the help of Celestia and Luna. And Discord, God of Chaos, are now in the good side as well.

How future villains can even compete?
>>
>>29823483
Why can glimmer go 1:1 against an alicorn actually?
That fact kinda pisses me off
>>
File: 5112654-doomsday.png (1MB, 2535x1053px) Image search: [Google]
5112654-doomsday.png
1MB, 2535x1053px
>>29823483
It's simple really. When DC Comics realised that no-one can actually defeat Superman on his own term, becayse he's just so cool you guys. So, they created a character who could beat the living snot out of him, that character is Doomsday.

The comic in question was the imaginatively named "The Death of Superman"

So, if no existing character can defeat them all. They will just create one who can.
>>
File: 1423875141105.png (80KB, 400x576px) Image search: [Google]
1423875141105.png
80KB, 400x576px
>>29823483
your point is moot as the good guys never lose anyways.

anytime a villian has somehow gotten past of beat them, some random new nonsense happens out of nowhere to make the good guys win anyways.

all trying to beat that shit would do is make them throw in another random bullshit twist to make the good guys win. i mean its expected the good guys will win, its a kids show and basically in most media for any age the good guys win in the end.

best bet is another villain smart enough to split them up and/or capture them when they are no prepared.

and then more nonsense random new thing to save them. history will repeat.
>>
>>29823483
>now
>>
File: 1484786774022.jpg (130KB, 766x807px) Image search: [Google]
1484786774022.jpg
130KB, 766x807px
>>29823483
Yes, obviously. It's called power creep, and it's cancer.

>>29823497
This "solution" just escalates the issue, as it did with Superman. Superhero media is fucking garbage because of the inconsistencies and issues caused by the producer's inability to limit their characters.

>>29823507
Deus ex Machina has always been an issue too. The Elements of Harmony were never so out of left field but they were boring, and the writers that care still haven't figured out a way to replace them now that they threw them away.
>>
>>29823483
Yeah, sure they are invincible, that's why every fucking powerful figure was captured in S6 finale. They are only powerful when the plot needs them to be.
>Starlight Glimmer is good now and she is just as powerful as an alicorn
Wonder if alicorns are powerful at all, I mean why even go to Celestia's private school if a literally who can be on the same level?
>>
>>29823483
>Glimmer is OP
Yep.
>M6 have access to the Elements
Not after S4. Rainbow Power was a 1 off deal
>Count on Celestia/Luna
lmao
>Discord
Nerfed by plot convenience if S6's finale was of any indication, or not called upon at all.
>>
>>29823546
>They are only powerful when the plot needs them to be.
It's the opposite.
They are assumed to be powerful constantly, they express their power constantly. They are vulnerable only when the writers force them to be, in contradiction to everything else they've established, because they've backed themselves into a corner where you can't tell an interesting story without stakes and you can't have stakes if a bunch of characters can solve any problem imaginable.
>>
>>29823524
yeah, honestly has there been a villian NOT defeated by a dues ex machina?

i mean, so many interesting ideas you could do.

>nightmare moon
>somehow convince Luna not to be a dick through the power of friendship or something, maybe have a pony show a love of the night or something.
>magic gems powered by friendship instead.

>discord
>trick him into turning his own magic against him or something, or use the "Everything becomes a pattern eventually" theory to basically break him mentally.
>elements again.

>changelings
>ok i cant think of something here, maybe already start pushing the "you could just get love willingly" angle.
>love, their food source, becomes bugspray.

>Tirek
>just go full on fight scene, that shit was great.
>or make him have a weakness where he has a limit to how fast/ how much magic he can actually absorb and trick him into going over.
>easily overpowers a fucking god of chaos despite the fact he has no otherwise god level magic in him.
>elements out of nowhere just now built into the mane 6, defeat him with that

>starlight glimmer
>retarded enough to get tricked by her like that in the first place.
>couldve done something like "a cutie mark isnt your talent, just a representation" and everyone just has their talent back because they never actually lost them.
>BTFO by the cutie marks not literally being a magic tattoo giving you your talent.
>but getting tricked into revealing herself and chased down was a nice change.

>her again
>why the fuck is it only ever one villain existing at a time why the fuck!?
>this one was also ok but could've used her being dragged into seeing what reality without the mane 6 is like more and could've had her simply realize she in the end was causing ponies harm which is what she never wanted.
>instead just 360s into le friendship nonsense.
>>
>>29823589
Wow, it's almost like the show exists primarily for children and we're a secondary market.
>>
>>29823589
cont.

>changelings again
>again basically already won.
>but somehow cant get discord when they can get everyone else, so magic dues ex chair.
>cant catch intruders in a hive they are supposed to know how to navigate well.
>still make them win.
>instead of now doing the "just accept love willingly" when they even sorta went down that path, instead just more love food now not food and bug transforming spray.
>let chrysalis escape with all of the most powerful beings in equestria right fucking there.
>>
>>29823600
Hi Jim.
>>
File: 1487363971183.png (273KB, 655x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1487363971183.png
273KB, 655x1012px
>>29823600
Wow, it's almost like that's not a sufficient justification for garbage writing.
>>
>>29823600
thats a moot point as ive still seen kids cartoons with less dues ex machina moments and less plotholes.

alot actually. im not asking for perfect but they also could still do better. even as a kid i knew when shit could be better, even if not for the same reasons or detail as now.
>>
>>29823600
You dont need mcguffins for conflict resolution.
The Cutie Map and The Cutie ReMark proved that. All it requires is some creative thought and freedom from marketing the next playset addition/recolor to make it work out.

But yeah, the directors will hide behind that shitty argument of yours to defend themselves as things continue to decay. Carry on.
>>
>>29823589
I still think that the best way to reform Glimmer in S5 ending would be making her solve her problem herself. Make her actually regret what she's done on her own. It would at least be more natural.
>>
>>29823622
I agree.
The ending we had was rushed, and it felt like her bonding with the M5 would have been better served as actual episodes so that her inclusion to the group felt more natural. She could have built up some interesting synergy and dynamics with them to expand her and the other's characters if handled well.

As is, she's just attached to Twilight by the teats and uses the others as a means to an end whenever they're involved.
>>
>>29823636
She's not even that friendly with Twilight. Twilight is so absorbed in her teacher game she doesn't notice that Glimmer doesn't always feel at ease with her. It's a far cry from Twilight-Celestia student-mentor relationsip but it's never really brought up, which is a shame.
Maybe they didn't actually planned on stuff like ELTSD or NSP to happen so they showed the montage at the end of S5 and then had to retcon it? Hard to tell.

And you can't win with Glimmer either way. Including her in a lot of episodes would make it even more of a Starlight Glimmer show and they seemed kinda cautious about that with how little screentime she actually got. Which is even more strange now that she's graduatin without doing a lot in the show. I think it's just a problem with how they introduced her in the active cast, as Twilight's pupil. I think this udermined her reformation more than anything. It's forced by default as she has to obey Twilight, they are not really friends, ironically because they are not equal. She HAS to learn, not explore it naturally. Twilight is portrayed as a really shitty teacher that almost doesn't care about her pupil and it's hard to buy this graduation shit now.
>>
>>29823674
its kinda sad, they have some monents where she actually shines as a character, especially with Trixie in my opinion.

but then every other moment it feels almost like shes a different character altogether.
>>
>>29823709
Starlight and Trixie make a really good pair, I agree. Salvaged them both for me. But yeah, it feels like it's it doesn't translate to anything else. Seeing ELTSD after NSP was a bit strange.
>>
>>29823483
>Alicorn twilight is actually weak as fuck
>Starlight glimme (no special talent in magic) is just as strong as she is
>The ELOH are gone now, tree of harmony, do you even watch the show???
>Celestia... you serious? she couldn't even defeat Crysaliss
>>
>>29823589
>Tirek
>just go full on fight scene, that shit was great.
>or make him have a weakness where he has a limit to how fast/ how much magic he can actually absorb and trick him into going over.
>easily overpowers a fucking god of chaos despite the fact he has no otherwise god level magic in him.
>elements out of nowhere just now built into the mane 6, defeat him with that

would have liked to see a more Genkiedama (Spiritbomb for you burgers) like aproach on this one
just over feed him with magic untill he explodes, rainbows and glitter everywhere
>>
File: A Neutron Star.jpg (112KB, 950x712px) Image search: [Google]
A Neutron Star.jpg
112KB, 950x712px
>>29823497
So, according to you, eventually a villian will show up that, say, it's as powerfull as a neutron star

>Can unleash powerfull radiation to wipe you from the face of earth
>Spins extremely fast
>Has a very powerfull magnetic field
>Can unleash a hyper-dense ''degenerate matter'' punch

And, when the mane 6 start fighting, and get owned, then....deus ex machina?
>>
>>29823936
>would have liked to see a more Genkiedama (Spiritbomb for you burgers)
Anon I will get the fucking paddle.
>>
>>29823980
Yup.
Or the villain gets cocky and braindead in their "Victory" and get fucked for the opening for McGuffin/Plot contrivance to do its job.
>>
>>29823483
Just make a really powerful villain.
>>
>>29824005
It won't lead anywhere. Powercreep is about the worst thing you can do. There's also not a lot of ways to measure it now. That's why Starlight worked so well at first, but in the end even she fell flat. Beneath her rebelious and ruthless facade was nothing more than a childhood grudge. There was no ideology after all, nothing to define her as a villian. They had to make her as powerful as Twilight to make it work, instead of just being smart and having ambitions and a grand plan. I would like to see more villians like that instead of the regular "ancient evil awakens" kind of deal.
>>
>>29824005
All of them were "really powerful". Fucking Tirek had almost all the magic in Equestria and shit, and that entire battle was put aside just to market the one time Rainbow Power recolor.
>>
File: tumblr_m7s16fFJa01qh2xf0.png (151KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7s16fFJa01qh2xf0.png
151KB, 500x353px
>>29825240
>>
>>29823483
The solution for that would be both simple and hard. The villains should still give OP characters a run for their money by making clever/ruthless moves. Chrysalis could have defeated Celestia AND Luna by ambushing Luna then using her as a hostage in A Canterlot wedding. Glimmer could have used drugs/amulets to dampen Twilight's ability.
>>
>>29823494
An entire season's worth of obsessive training and studying.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.