[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: SpikeLaughing.png (209KB, 580x680px) Image search: [Google]
SpikeLaughing.png
209KB, 580x680px
We all know who the best character is and it isn't a pony

Dragons > pony, how can they even compete with fire incarnate?

Dumb hooves BTFO
>>
>>29817252
In all seriousness dragons in MLP need a lot more love

Let us discuss Spike, his abuse, and our hopes for him in the future

I would like to see him actually grow, instead of remaining a malnourished physically baby dragon
>>
File: redragon.png (886KB, 3400x3800px) Image search: [Google]
redragon.png
886KB, 3400x3800px
>>29817252
Will dragons ever be anything beyond dumb plot devices portrayed as dumb animals capable of talking for the sake of it?
Why is it that ponies are the only ones considered capable of embodying good qualities while dragons are always greedy and rude?
>>
How mature is a baby dragon in relation to ponies? He only ever seems to hang out with mares and stallions, never fillies and colts.
>>
>>29817276
And the few times we see him talking with colts, he seems to talk with them only because theyre the only people he can talk to.

He's never treated as an equal in the show by any of the main cast, so even though he disliked Snips and Snails he still seemed to want to talk with them while knowing nothing they said was useful/important

As far as emotional maturity he honestly seems on par with most ponies in the show, except male instead of female - and often made fun of for being too much of a boy in many situations.
>>
>>29817252
Another thing to consider is where exactly the idea of dragon greed or dragon's actual 'greediness' comes from

They require gems and other metals to grow properly, it's their main food source.

Since gems and other metals are rare and seen as precious, Equestrian society greatly covets them. A high price tag is put on them, they are locked away and carefully guarded, they are used as part of the finest clothing and decor. It is difficult to find gems or precious metals in large number.

Perhaps dragon 'greed' is simply a reaction to a scarce food source? Especially with Spike, most of his life he has not had access to actual food, so when he began hoarding and being greedy it became out of control. Like a stray animal with food aggression and fear. Dragons with huge hoards seem much more mellow if protective of it.
>>
File: Spikefullofgems.png (871KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spikefullofgems.png
871KB, 1280x720px
>>29817297
So dragons are highly aggressive/defensive/'greedy' because they feel a lot of fear attached to not being able to eat properly

Equestrians view dragons as greedy for caring so much about what to them is frivolous 'wealth' and not wanting to share
Because they arent able to connect the fact that gems to them are vital to dragons - subconsciously dragons know that they are more in danger if they are forced to remain dormant in a sense because of not being to eat
>>
>>29817252
What is the explanation for why adult dragons seem much dumber than their teenage or baby counterparts?

Are they truly dumber because their head:body ratio changes drastically or are they simply tired as fuck because adult dragons seem to hibernate most of the time?
>>
So Secret of My Excess is basically ignored by new writers, right?
>>
File: 1460824151662.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1460824151662.gif
3MB, 400x225px
REMINDER THAT TWILIGHT AND SPIKE LITERALLY INVADED AND INFRINGED UPON THE DRAGONS CUSTOMS AND RELIGION AND IN THAT SENSE GARBLE LITERALLY DID NOTHING WRONG

He's a dominant male character being forced to suppress his masculinity instead of naturally growing into living with it and learning how it can impact and change the society around him for better or worse. He's basically a typical male trapped in a neofeminist cartoon.
>>
File: 1460824151661.gif (815KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1460824151661.gif
815KB, 500x281px
I realize everyone hates Garble and his comrades but I really would like to see him change for the better in future episodes. Not for the worse. They basically took a character that clearly has values and stripped him of that because they needed him to be even more of a douche antagonist.

The mother fucker clearly has friends. Him going "D-DRAGONS DON'T DO FRIENDS" as an opposing side to Spike is just lazy.
>>
>>29818324
>>29818361
Garble wouldn't have done what Spike and Ember did to win.
>>
>>29818361
>>29818324

Male characters/masculinity < shit in My Little Pony

Literally everything male is either dumb, random background slave, laughed at, or totally useless

Basically the world feminists think exists for females

Reminder that the show will never get better, never gain more depth, and never change because its designed to sell merch to little girls

Why cant I escape it?
>>
>>29818421
How is Spike 'totally useless?'
>>
I don't know why, but Spike's future sounds like a series of internal struggles and disappointments.
>>
>>29818583
It's going to be hard to grow up for him.
>>
>>29818361
I'd rather keep him as a jerk. Getting real tired of all the villains being reformed. Some people are just dicks. Let them be dicks.
>>
>>29818608
Maybe he could grow up and realize for himself that he was a dick when he was a teenager?
>>
>>29818446
>carrier pigeons
Seriously Spike's only asset that can't be easily replaced is he is a mailman. I doubt that dragons are the only form of long-distance mail. Perhaps it is the fastest but then again, we have magic. Twilight has been able to transport herself and other massive structures/things over long distances and the castle Celestia lives in seems to have odd rules about distance, watching her descend from it...

I am sure letters can be magically transported quickly by unicorns if necessary

>>29818608
I feel the same
>>
>>29818659
I'm pretty sure having dragons on your side is good for ponies.
>>
>>29818662
So sheer force then? Something that can be accomplished by having a sufficient number of ponies?
>>
>>29818662
Not to mention Spike seems trapped as a forever baby
>>
>>29818845
>Spike finds out that the only way to ever grow up is to led him build up greed
>Spike denies to ever let that happen
>Twilight forces him otherwise

Oh god, I wish to see that in show.
>>
>>29818836
Can ponies breathe fire?

>>29818866
Any episode about dragons now seems like it is always going to have Ember, not a bad thing desu. Better she help him find his parents or deal with dragon puberty than Zecora or something.
>>
>>29818866
I dont think its the only way for him to grow up, and honestly what is so bad about him not liking sharing when he can be kind in so many other ways?

Perhaps dragon greed comes from fear of loss like I earlier stated, and this can be fixed with an episode where the friendship lesson is trust and learning to be generous despite your inherent nature not to be
>>
>>29818885
Magic ponies can probably create fire
I feel like combative magic is likely a huge taboo, so far that evil magic is seen as a *myth* like curses and hexes
>>
>>29818659
Everyday I fear best bug queen's time will come I can accept Discord being reformed because he's what he is there's no good or bad.
>>
I want my cum to sizzle inside Fizzle.
>>
File: thumb.gif (454KB, 250x176px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.gif
454KB, 250x176px
>>29819412
gay
>>
>>29819577
Not if he said no homo first.
>>
File: Garble_Profile_S2E21.png (404KB, 809x925px) Image search: [Google]
Garble_Profile_S2E21.png
404KB, 809x925px
>>29819583
Well he didn't
>>
>>29819591
Thinking it is just as fine.
>>
>Garble is a shitty person
>Hates ponies, is a dick to new comers, is an overall jerk.

>Ember is a shitty person
>Hates ponies (until the help her), is a cunt to her father, is an overall bitch

>Implying Garble doesn't have more of a chance hooking up with Ember than Spike does
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.