[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nightmare rarity was a mistake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: large.png (455KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
455KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>29808824
IDW was a mistake
>>
>>29808824
Like a number of things IDW tried: Good/interesting idea (one of the mane 6 is taken by Evil) but flawed execution.

At least she's hot. I'd love to see her and NMM fuck.
>>
>>29808824
Shut your mouth, nightmare rarity was the best thing to come out of IDW. I'd love to see the plot done in equestria girls; seeing a take on someone besides twilight's inner issues was refreshing, and Rarity makes for a great vain sorceress.
>>
>>29809166
>I'd love to see the plot done in equestria girls
Aaaand its trash.
>>
>>29809170
equestria girls is both more popular and financially successful now than Pony is.
>>
File: 1463089702553.gif (54KB, 693x669px) Image search: [Google]
1463089702553.gif
54KB, 693x669px
>>29809305
>Being this deluded
>>
>>29809166
>I'd love to see the plot done in equestria girls
leave us
>>
>>29808840
Anon let's be real here
You would fuck anything n the pony world, probably even Granny smith
>>
>>29809314
Its true. They don't even have a toyline for S7.
>>
File: 120kb of (You)s.png (62KB, 1360x720px) Image search: [Google]
120kb of (You)s.png
62KB, 1360x720px
>>29809366
Here take this big fat load of (You)s and go to bed.
>>
>>29809374
Its kind of true. I know all you "No hooves" fags like to hate on it, but its true.
>>
>>29809401
So what's the point? just becaue barbie clones sell better why should I accept that they are superior? They aren't.
Barbie is still better show than fucking EQG will ever be. Even monster high is better than fucking EQG.
The only thing ponies had for them was being that, ponies.
If you remove that they are nothing but anthro colorful aliens copying everything else.
No originality and no wish to improve on existing stuff, just desire to make a quick fucking dollar and fuck everything else.
>>
>>29808824
doesn't matter, fap fuel
>>
>>29808824
Rarity is a fashion designer, the idea of her being a threat of any kind if she turned evil is beyond retarded. Only twilight and Starlight are threats. Everyone else is a pleb.
>>
>>29808824
My dick says she's well into the "happy accident" territory
>>
File: no offense.png (474KB, 484x535px) Image search: [Google]
no offense.png
474KB, 484x535px
>>29809426
>Barbie is still better show than fucking EQG will ever be. Even monster high is better than fucking EQG.
This is just being dishonest out of spite.
>The only thing ponies had for them was being that, ponies.
Seriously? The only reason so many people fell in love with the show is because it's about ponies? There are no other redeemable qualities whatsoever? I suppose the last generation was pretty good too, simply because it had ponies.

I disagree with your assessments.
>>
>>29809955
Because you clearly like anything just out of brand loyalty.
At the time this show aired, there was nothing better in tv.
Jorra had just ended and the tv space time on nickelodeon was not much than 10 repetitions of sponge bob episodes at most times.
What a fascinating time for a cartoon to steal all the spotlight.
Guess why the hype died? Simply because people saw that the actual product is not much than a toy ad now.
Faust tried to change the quality around, ut she got kicked for having certain ideas that weren't exclusively based around producing as much plastic garbage as possible.
>>
>>29809965
You do know one of her ideas was to have applebucking be done with their heads?
She may have wanted to create a quality show, but it shouldn't be discredited that the team she put together to accomplish that did much of the ground work to get it going. Unfortunately other work projects have whittled the original team down quite a bit, though I wouldn't consider it as affecting the generally average quality of the show. There's still the occasional good episodes and bad episodes anyway.
And it certainly isn't out of any brand loyalty. I never cared for previous gens and I don't buy merchandise. In fact, all the episodes I've seen were online through a streaming site so not even getting ad money from me.
>>
>>29809985
Explain why you like the show in general then
>>
>>29809996
Enjoyable characters, I especially like Rarity and her episodes.
A fantastical world that's (for the most part) a blank slate lore-wise and offers intrigue and mystery to think about.
The occasional bits of comedy that may not make me laugh out loud, but I still find amusing.
The rare bits of action that are all the more exciting when they do happen because it's normally "just a kids' show".
And sure, one of the reasons was because it was ponies. It was something different in a market that was previously saturated with samey cartoons both design-wise and story-wise.
>>
File: 1322613.png (3MB, 3864x4024px) Image search: [Google]
1322613.png
3MB, 3864x4024px
>>29809322
Yep.
>>
are we still interested in the fucking shit that IDW has produced?
it's a shitty ripoff of Nightmare Moon and no,the chances of seeing her are pretty slim,so stay in denial
why are degenerates still creating original content for something that you can never hope to happen after four years?
>>
>>29810157
Well, its not like people dont create OC for things that will never happen/be in the show as is, IDW related or not. As long as the idea is interesting/cool/sexy enough to generate interest, it will do so, regardless of the show, the comics or anything else.

In any case, I'm with >>29808840. It was a neat idea, but they messed up on a number of ways in executing this. The whole "moon-creature" stuff wasn't needed, and the "Nightmare Force" could have been made as a remnant of Nightmare Moon/Luna's intense negativity that clung to this world instead of some outside entity. It kinda retconned that the Nightmare was something of Luna's own creation and made it into something else entirely. The Tantabus was a much better example of those lingering sentiments that could have still posed a threat to others.
>>
I get the feeling the main reason people are still eternally salty over IDW is either due to the mirror world arc, the SJW durgen, or that one arc where Twilight went full retard over "BUT MUH LAWS" when that one western villain was ruining everything via a legal loophole.
>>
>>29810356
Sombra's was also pretty bad with Radiant Twat.
Most f the Fiendships were also underwhelming, though well colored.
>>
File: rarity vs rarity.png (2MB, 3400x2200px) Image search: [Google]
rarity vs rarity.png
2MB, 3400x2200px
Nightmare Rarity is just the prime example of everything wrong with IDW. Excellent concept, horrible execution. The focus was all over the place, it was rushed, especially the ending, the moon creatures were dumb, it should have just been a corrupted Rarity, all in all it was pretty poor.
>>
>>29808824
My dick says otherwise
>>
>>29811250
And that's why this show sucks
As long as they make slutty ponies that can be safely aired in the show you give them a pass for everything.
>>
>>29811293
Nobody's forcing you to like it, anon
>>
>>29811313
But I have nowhere else to go.
>>
>>29811322
Not my dick's problem either
>>
>>29811328
Yeah I know. You only care about emptying your baby gravy on their bodies.
Using my brain is my curse.
>>
Using your brain would imply not wasting precious time on 4chan, or the internet in general.
>>
File: 1485711000686.png (58KB, 476x674px) Image search: [Google]
1485711000686.png
58KB, 476x674px
>>29811348
One thing is being lazy and another is to stop thinking and give in to animal impulses.
>>
>>29811377
your dick can't tell its a horse
>>
File: 1454882150772.png (191KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1454882150772.png
191KB, 1024x1024px
>>29811747
>Your instincts can't tell it is a horse
Fixed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky4CdN0x58A
>>
Reminder that there was a fanfic of this concept written before IDW ever did a thing with the idea, and the fanfic executed the idea better.
>>
>>29811799
Which fanfic?
I swear if you are the nyxfag I'll murder you
>>
>>29811820
Probably this one: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/200746/nightmare-state-of-mind

It was posted on EQD way back in 2011, so, yeah, before the IDW story.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.