[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RePony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 2

File: ponyville.png (293KB, 2533x1157px) Image search: [Google]
ponyville.png
293KB, 2533x1157px
/She is pulling you along, She is in a hurry, She is worried. She finds a quiet place, where you can talk. You can’t hear the words, but you can hear the alarm in her voice. You can’t see her face, but you can see how she purses her lips, how she shifts back and forth, back and forth, back and forth on her hooves; too anxious to stand still. She pauses, looking at something. Then darkness... /
>Your eyes slowly open, and you feel like you’ve got the worst physical parts of the flu without the general haze that makes it a literal bit harder to realize just how much you hurt.
>You look around, trying to get your bearings. You are in a small, dimly-lit room.
> There is a window nearby, but it's too dark outside to provide any clues, either very late or very early. You sit up and wince, your head hurts, reaching back, you find a tinder, bandaged lump on the back of your head. It still throbs a bit, but you can bear it. You turn your attention back to the dark room.
>The bed is small, cozy, and worn in. A groove has been slept into it, a groove a little bit smaller than your body. It smells... thick, and earthy, with just a touch of sweetness. You had been propped up on a small landslide of mismatched pillows. You pull aside the thick, down comforter, patched in multiple places and slide out of the bed that is not yours.
>Something around your neck shifts as you stand up. A necklace: a Key on a matching golden chain. It looks… important, familiar, but… you can’t place it.
>>
>>29808164
>The room is... larger than the usual bedroom. There's a work-table up against the wall, underneath the still-dark window. You can see tools, little gears and other various pieces and parts of complicated things strewn about it. On the other side of the room is an open chest with some bits and bobs of clothing mostly inside it.
> You see a set of overalls, galoshes, a dirty scarf on the floor nearby, a paint-spattered smock not far from that, a wide sun-hat, and a small collection of bandanas draped over the lip of the chest. They are all brightly colored, but plainly made: simple, functional wear. There is a mirror next to the chest, and another, closed chest on the other side of that.
>Directly across from the bed is a mural, painted directly onto the wall. It's artist was no genius, but they got the point across; the sun and the moon, floating above and looking down on a small farm. A few lit candles are sticking up out of a wax-graveyard at the base of the mural. These provide the only light for the room and make it feel... warm, and lived in.
>Getting up is a bit shaky, and you wobble as you stand, but managing to maintain your balance, you stagger over to the mirror and take a look at yourself.
What kind of pony are you? What are your colors?
>>
>>29808169
green pegasus female. yellow tail, bald mane.
>>
>>29808169
Earth pony mare with a purple mane and dark blue coat.
>>
>>29808226
Make that turquoise and purple and you have a deal. Purple eyes?
>>
>>29808210
This without the bald. Long messy mane.
>>
Oops! I'm giving you guys some options, but I need a few details to stick for the story I've got planned. Sorry, should have said something sooner. You're a Stallion, and I've got a specific cutie-mark in mind. But beyond that, go crazy!
>>
>>29808256
Can we maybe just look like a stallion?
>>
>>29808256
I forgive you. Pegasus stallion with a blue mane and green coat.
>>
>>29808269
Changing my vote to male pegalithy.
>>
>>29808256
alright then if we are a stallion forget what I said about bald.

if you have a specific cutie mark in mind it must be something any race can do so lets go earth.
>>
>>29808269
Sure. Blue eyes?
>>
>>29808269
>>29808276
>A pegasus stallion of average height stares back at you. You have a green, well-groomed coat, and a short-cropped blue mane, partly covered by bandages. You twist around to examine yourself further. You’re well built and in good shape, very good shape, your cutie mark is a set of glasses with eyebrows and a fake nose attached to them… it looks familiar, but you aren’t quite sure what it means.
>Briefly, you try to recall your name, but a bright flash of pain is the only response. You can’t remember who you are or what you’re doing here… but it’s a safe bet that it has something to do with a head wound.
>There’s a brief thumping from the door, and you look back over at it to see who or what is coming.
>The door creaks open as an Earth mare walks through, humming distractedly and carrying a bucket of water with a few rags hanging off of the side.
>She’s on the short side, but with the hips to make up for it, and her blue coat contrasts nicely with her orange mane. She’s got a bandana on her head, carefully tied to keep her curly mane out of her face.
>She makes her way over to the bed (which you have left a notable depression in) and then pauses, eyes narrowing for a second as she realizes that something isn’t quite right.
>She drops the bucket and looks up, eyes searching until she finds you, and her face becomes a gigantic smiles.
>”Well howdy!” She says, voice containing just a touch of a southern drawl. “I was wondering when you’d wake up, Chuckles! You’ve been conked out for a day already.”
What do you say? What do you do?
>>
>>29808376
Are you a nurse? I think I have amnesia.
>>
>>29808376
This might sound like a silly question, but where am I?
>>
>>29808376
So with that cutie mark our talent is either in vintage comedy or being terrible at disguises. Given the name Chuckles, I am guessing the former.

"So what hit me, anyway? I'm sure all the details will come back to me in a minute, but right now I just remember that I'm Chuckles the pony and my head hurts."
>>
>>29808376
Ask what happened and why you were knocked out.
>>
“This is going to sound like a silly question, but where am I? I think I might have amnesia… All I really remember is that I’m Chuckles the pony, and my head hurts right now.”
>”Yer in Carrot Fields, my dairy farm out on the outskirts uh Ponyville, just west of the Everfree and the best piece of land not owned by the Apple Family Conglomerate,” she grimaces a bit at that name. “And the only piece. But that still makes it the best.”
>She crosses over to you and grabs your head, pulling it down, not roughly, but not gently either. “I’m glad to see that yer up and at ‘em, ‘specially after I found you in the ditch out back.”
>As she examines your bandage, you get a glance past her and out the door she left open. The sun is just starting to rise, glimmering faintly across a field of crops, all in neat lines. They’re fenced in and low to the ground, bright green, no flowers. It looks an acre or so deep, small for a commercial farm, very small. You also see part of a large barn off to the side.
>The mare looks at you incredulously. “Are ya’ actually named Chuckles? I was just guessing based upon the funny-pony glasses.” She points at your cutie mark. “Can you tell me a joke?”
>>
>>29808591
I don't know, maybe it is my name.
Did you hear the one about the fish whos friends played a prank on him. He said with friends like these who needs anemones
>>
>>29808591
So a pony went on a vacation. When he came back, his brother told him his cat was dead.
"You don't just dump that on someone," the pony said, "You have to work up to it. Tell me it's stuck on the roof, then it fell, then you took it to the vet, and THEN it died.
"Anyway," the pony continues," did anything else happen while I was gone?"
The brother pauses for a moment, before he answers.
"Well... Mom's stuck on the roof..."

How's that?
>>
File: carlos.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
>>29808591
Did you hear the one about the farmer who counted 197 sheep when they were out in the field, but when he rounded them up there were 200?
>>
>>29808591
After an attempt at humor ask her name. It's awfully kind of her to take care of us like she did.
>>
>>29808692
This.
>>
>>29808591
Knock knock.
A herd
I herd you were home so I came over.
>>
>“Did you hear the one about the fish who’s friends played a prank on him. He said with friends like these who needs anemones”
>The mare looks at you with a flat expression. “Well, that was-”
>Undeterred, you press on with another joke. “Did you hear the one about the farmer who counted 197 sheep when they were out in the field, but when he rounded them up there were 200?”
>She actively frowns this time. “I can see that yer tryin’...”
>You take a moment to ponder over your next joke. Maybe something more long-form is to her speed.
“So a pony went on a vacation. When he came back, his brother told him his cat was dead.
"You don't just dump that on someone," the pony said, "You have to work up to it. Tell me it's stuck on the roof, then it fell, then you took it to the vet, and THEN it died.
"Anyway," the pony continues," did anything else happen while I was gone?"
The brother pauses for a moment, before he answers.
"Well... Mom's stuck on the roof..."
>She looks slightly horrified at that joke. “OH-KAY,” she says, interrupting your attempt for the next joke. “I don’t think humor is your special talent.”
>Some ponies have no taste.
“Uh, anyway. I’m awfully thankful for you helping me. What’s your name.”
>”My name is Carrot Cog, but you can call me Carrot, on account of how I don’t think I’ve ever taken a pony in and washed them while they were unconscious for three days without being their friend.”
Any questions for your new ‘friend’? If not, we can keep going.
>>
>>29808775
Ask her where the nearest town is.
>>
>>29808775
What time did you find me in the ditch? Morning? Afternoon?
>>
>>29808775

I don't suppose you know anything about how I got in that ditch you found me?

Alternatively, did I say anything, mumble or talk in my sleep? That might give me some clues about who I am.
>>
>She heads over to her work bench, setting it down and giving you a chance to see her cutie mark, sort of a cog/carrot hybrid. Like a carrot that just so happened to be in that shape.
>Not because you were staring at her hips or anything.
>Nope.
“When did you find me in the ditch? Do you know how I got there?”
>”Hrm..” She says, tapping on her chin. “Well it was night before last, when I was just doing my last rounds for the day and I thought I saw some varmints down in the ditch closest to town, but when I came over, all I saw was you lyin’ there. That’s about all I know. Oh, and, uh…” She looks a little bit uncomfortable. “You were mumblin’ something…uh… ‘I’m gonna kill those motherbuckers. I could be wrong, though.” She gives you an uneasy smile.”
“Town nearby? Where’s that?”
>”Oh! Ponyville, a lovely little suburb that’s part of the Greater Canterlot Metropolitan Area. Well, not so little anymore, what with the farmin’ conglomerate and the college and all the touristy stuff. Some big-wig princess lived here a few thousand years ago and we’re kinda a fixture now, but we haven’t had any tourists and half a week and the ones here were real keen to head on home. Don’t know what that was about.”
Any more questions?
>>
>>29808943
Nothing important comes to mind.
>>
>>29808943
this key is it something you put on me to get out in case you were not here when I woke or did you find me with it?
>>
>>29808943
I don't suppose you have any idea as to what this key is?
>>
>>29808943
Can you please have something to eat?
>>
>>29808943
Princess Twilight, right. Well at least I can remember my history.
>>
“Uh, yeah, Princess Twilight Sparkle? Didn’t she have a big castle around here?”
>”Yup! ‘Course she’s not really a Princess no more, we’ve got other ones she’s, uh…” She gestures over at the mural on the wall. “Above. Beyond. You could ask the preacher, I ain’t no good at explaining it.”
“I’ll, uh, keep that in mind…”
>You say, taking another look at the mural on the wall until your growling stomach interrupts you.
“Sorry… do you have anything I could eat? I’m starved.”
>”Makes sense, considering you were unconscious for a day. I’ll grab us some carrots.”
>She heads over to a cabinet and opening it up, and produces a few vegetables and hands a few over to you. You take one and munch at one experimentally.
>It’s pretty good. Not surprising, as some weird unremembered part of you says: Earth pony veggies are always pretty good.
>Except tomatoes. Blech.
>While you nibble, you take a moment and look down at the golden key hanging around your neck, thinking on it with some confusion.
“Was this key with me when you found me?”
>”Hm? Yeah! It was ‘bout the only thing left on you. I tried taking it off so you wouldn’t get a rash or nothin’ but it just wouldn’t come off.”
>You pause your chewing and slip your hoofs under the gold chain and try to lift it off. It comes off pretty easy… until it get to about halfway up your ears. Then it just hits a wall.
>You strain a couple of times, grunting as you try and pull it off, but it just will not give. Sitting back, you sigh.
>>
>>29809279
“Yeah. That’s not coming off.”
>Carrot continues to observe this with a bemused look on her face.
>”So I don’t mind if you need to stay here, long as you’re a pleasant sort and help me out here and there. Not that you’d know if you were a pleasant sort just yet…”
>She shrugs and chomps down a carrot before continuing. “I need to set up a stall at the farmer’s market, I could use your help setting up. You could also just sort of head out and poke around town, see what there is to see, I’m sure the locals would like havin’ a tourist-y sort around.”

That's all for tonight! Thanks, it's been really fun so far!
>>
>>29809284
I may as well come with you for a little. I doubt I will stick around for an extended period of time.
>>
>>29809284
Let's help Carrot set up a stall at the Farmer's Market.
>>
>>29809284
I think I should probably go see a doctor about my head wound first. If he gives me an all clear and I don't need to be admitted to the hospital or anything then I'll be back and would be glad to help you with the stand.
>>
>>29809284
In order to repay her taking care of us let's help her with her stand but afterwards we'll explore.
>>
We should think about investigating where we were found. Maybe we can find some sort of clue in the local area. Hoofprints, points of interest in the area.
>>
Let's go
>>
Bemp
>>
>>29811925
>>29813169

Thanks for the enthusiasm! RePony will resume in approximately two hours.
>>
>You think it over as you continue to sate your hunger. It’s a generous offer, staying here, at least for a little while, and you can probably trust Carrot, if she were going to do anything, she would have done it while you were out…
>You feel… mostly fine. Some part of you says you’ve had worse and lived… Still, looking up a doctor is a good idea, you know, just in case. And heck, he might know something about who you are. Ponyville is a big enough town that you might live here and just never have met Carrot Cog before…
>It’s probably safe for the doctor to wait until after you help her get her stall set up… assuming you continue to feel fine after you’ve done a bit more moving around. You need to walk into town anyway, that seems like a good chance to reassess.
>You look up from your meal as another thing occurs to you.
“You mentioned you found me in a ditch not far from here, could you show me?”
>She nods. ”Shure. I’ll be going right past it on my way back into town. We can stop and take a look. It was startin’ ta get dark when I spotted you. Maybe some more of your stuff is down there.”
>She pushes back her empty bowl. “If yer about finished and feeling up to it, I was gonna head down to town now. Already got the cart all packed up, I was just coming in to check on ya. How about it?”
>You finish your last few bites and nod, standing back up and taking a few experimental steps. Everything but the dull throbbing in the back of your head feels fine.
“Yeah, I think I’m good to go.”
(1/2)
>>
>>29814443
>She smiles, clearly glad to see that you’re doing well, then leads the way outside to her cart, where she hitched herself up with practiced ease and starts down the road.
>”I’m glad ta see yer feeling better. I was pretty worried when I found ya like that. I was gonna take you to the town doctor if you hadn’t woken up soon.”
“Yeah,” you say with a nod. “I was thinking about checking myself in just to be safe. Well, if they think that’s necessary.”
>”It couldn’t hurt,” she says with a shrug. “But I didn’t think it looked that bad. If I’d thought you’d needed it, I would’a taken you there the other night and dragged the old coot outta bed if need be.”
You got a glimpse of her far through the door earlier, but this is your first good look at it. The carrot field, you assume, is closest to her little cottage. It’s small, far to small for her to make a living off of it. The barn however is huge, a sprawling complex that looks to have been continually added onto over the years. You see several large sets of doors standing open and little stalls inside through them. Around the barn is a large, grass field. In it a massive herd of cattle are grazing, exclusively cows as far as you can see. Evidence points to a free-range dairy farm. There’s also a small orchard on the other side of the house. Just a couple of trees, pear trees, you think. The final thing to catch your eye before you follow Carrot Cog off her farm is a shamble of timber and shingles that looks like it used to be a larger house. You can’t tell what happened to it, but it looks to have been down for a few years, judging by the weeds sprouting up through it.
(2/3)
>>
>>29814447

>After leaving the farm behind and cresting a hill, Ponyville grows on the horizon. It’s no Canterlot, but the city isn’t anything to sneeze at either. The city looks to be home to a hundred thousand ponies, give or take ten thousand. Maybe it would have kept growing, if it hadn’t been caught and choked by the veritable ocean of apple-trees cutting it off from Canterlot. Everfree forest on the reverse side isn’t helping either.
>Something tells you that pretty much every apple in Equestria comes from one of those trees.
>The grinding, rolling of Carrot’s cart stops and she points off the road a little ways. “That’s where I found you, if you want to take a closer look.”

(3/3)
>>
>>29814457
Time to look around the area.
>>
>>29814457
Go check it out. Check for any hoofprints before we step all over the ground ourselves.
>>
>>29814457
Examine the area and see if anything comes back to us.

Are you going to give us memories back at some point, or can we make things up about ourselves to have come back to us, or what?
>>
>You’re not too far outside Ponyville now, just past the outskirts. The ditch she is pointing at is just off the road up to her farm, the main road out of town. It’s fairly steep, but not unmanageably so.
>You walk over to the ledge and spread your wings, flapping them lightly as you descend in the ditch, taking a look around.
>The sun hasn’t risen completely yet and the ditch is in shadow, but that isn’t a problem for your sharp pegasus-eyes.
>You see broken and bent grass, a groove through some of the dust and some rocks that look like they’ve been nudged out of their original places. Something heavy… no, you were dragged here. The grass is too thick for hoof-prints, and they might have just rolled you over the edge of the ditch...
>You hover back up to the lip of the ditch and look around. The path itself is too well worn, too hard-packed to make out any hoof-prints, but right at its edge, right before the ditch, you find something. Faint hoof-prints. Various sizes, so more than one pony, but it’s hard to tell how many or anything beyond that. Between two and half a dozen
>You think you can faintly hear something.
>”Oh bit, oh bit, oh bit we killed him…”
>”Shush up, you idiot. No one’s ever gonna know…”
>You flick your ears, but it wasn’t anything around you. A faint memory?
>You settle back down and consider.
Anything else to check out, or are you ready to head into town?
>>
>>29814676
Let's go to town.
>>
>>29814676
Hm an interesting shard of memory. Most likely some ponies think they killed us but maybe something went wrong while we were hiding a body instead.

I guess we may as well head to town.
>>
>You trot back over to Carrot, who looks at you questioningly. “Didja find anything?”
>You shake your head.
“Not… really. Well I saw a few hoofprints and I think I got a bit of a memory, but nothing really concrete yet.”
>She smiles at you. “I’m sure it’ll come back to ya. Just give it some time.”
>You smile back and nod. As the two of you start back onto the road, you struggle to hold onto the memory fragments. The smell of grass and the sensation of rocks digging into your side come to you, but it’s impossible to tell if you’re remembering them or making them up. Memories are funny like that, they have a tendency to change or just suddenly appear.
> You keep going though, you don’t particularly have anything to talk with Carrot about right now, and this is the most you’ve remembered since you work up this morning… This morning. You think back to that dream you had, the one with the mare, a unicorn mare, you think… Was it a dream or was it a memory. You aren’t sure.
>You try to remember her. Her coat was… lavender, or… light purple, or pink? It’s so fuzzy, the harder you try to force it into focus, the more you suspect you’re starting to make it all up.
>Around you, Ponyville does start to come into focus. It isn’t densely packed, towering buildings, like Canterlot… how do you know that? Nothing in sight is higher than three stories, with one glaring exception... The buildings look… quaint, homey, but in a deliberately manufactured way. Like somepony tried a little too hard to give it that impression.
>The exception dominates the horizon, even from across town. It kind of looks like a tree, made of crystal, grew under and picked up a castle, also made of crystal. How it looms over the town would be ominous if it weren't so… shiny.
(1/3)
>>
>>29815123
>You pass a hospital as they walk, three stories tall with a big red cross on the front. It can’t be anything else. Also a smaller building with lots of flags and arrows. The big sign above it says ‘Ponyville Tourist Center.’
>Finally, the two of you head down one of the larger streets, and two rows of stands are set up on either side. There aren’t a lot of ponies yet, but they’re starting to trickle in, farmers selling their goods and customers browsing with empty bags.
>Carrot Cog moves to an specific gap in the stalls and unhitches her cart, moving it into position before she gets to work.
>With a few twists and turns, the cart itself begins to change shape, and, after taking a moment to assess yourself again, the two of you set to work unloading it, setting a few bundles of carrots off to the side and larger metal drums of milk. You have to strain with each one, but she seems determined to trivialize your efforts, grabbing them two at a time and setting them down easily.
>Last is a large chest that’s some kind of industrial refrigerator, which she pulls butter and cream out.
>The cart finishes converting into a stand, and she places decals on different parts of it: “Carrot Farms Fresh Produce” with various snippets like ‘home grown’ and ‘not made by an evil farming conglomerate’, as well as a list of prices.
>>
>>29815130
>She hands you a box with a crank on the side and you look at it in confusion before you start to turn the crank. It takes a second but the lid starts to slowly peek open and an inflatable pony pops out, twice your size and holding a sign that says “Carrot Farms is the best!”
>She looks back with a sigh. “I forgot the grammophone back at the house. I guess no theme music today… that’s about it! You can hang out for a while if you like, but if there’re other places you want to check out, that’s fine. The Ponyville Tourism office was just off the main path if you need help finding anyplace, and we just passed the hospital, should be easy to find that too.”
>She pauses for a moment, frowning and then pulls out a name tag with “Carrot Cog” on it and looks at it for a second before pulling out a marker and scrawling in “Property of” above her name and sticks it to your chest.
>”Mildly de-equinizing, but if you wind up in an alley somewhere again, at least they’ll know who to get.”
Any response? Where do you want to go?
(3/3)
>>
>>29815136
Tease Carrot a little. "Rather kinky wording Carrot".

Lets head for the hospital.
>>
>>29815136
I guess that's true. Thanks for looking out for us. Where is the grammophone you left behind? We could go to the tourism office and maybe look at the map of the town to get a general idea of where things are. Then we can go to the hospital. Then we can go to the farm and look for and bring the gramaphone maybe.
>>
>>29815136
Property of? I'm not a Broken Robot, you know.
>>
>You look down at the nametag and back up at Carrot.
“‘Property of?’ Pretty kinky wording, Carrot.”
>Carrot gets a flush across her face and shakes her head. “Y-yer readin’ into things too much, ya perv. Now go on, git!”
>You chuckle at her reaction and nod.
“I’m going to head over to the hospital, after that I might be able to grab that gramophone for you?”
>She shakes her head, thankful for the topic change. “Naw, that’s fine. Starts to drive me crazy after a while anyway. I need to pay more for the jingle next time. Have fun gettin’ yer noggin checked out!”
>As you walk away, you can see a figure drops down in front of Carrot, and you tense up for a second before you realize it’s just a female griffon, shorter and sleeker than most of her kind and with brown fur and red feathering.
>”Dang, Carrot. Four barrels this time? You’re gonna milk those cows dry.” She says in a conversational tone, clearly familiar with Carrot.
(1/2)
>>
>>29815469
>The town is starting to wake up as you head over to the town, more ponies on the streets than before, working ponies sleepily wandering their way to work, families excitedly getting up to see the sights, and the occasional guardspony making their rounds.
>The waiting room of the hospital is large, but empty. You seem to be the only patient in line, but the lack of immediate response to you means the staff haven’t just been waiting around. You take a seat on one of the closer benches to the front desk and start to fill in one of the forms provided at the desk.
>As you wait, you see a pony in scrubs pass by, a white unicorn stallion with ruffled brown hair and square glasses talking to another pony.
>”-but even if the librarian is sick the only known cure is deep within the Everfree forest and with the princess-”
>”Uuuuuh, Chuckles? Head trauma?” Asks calls the nurse, looking at the only patient in the waiting room; you.
>You stand up and head over to the desk, with the nurse behind it. She’s a burnt orange with a blonde mane and a serious look about her.
>There’s some kerfuffle over your lack of insurance. Or any idea who you are. However, they manage to make something happen, and in a few minutes you’re being directed to a room with wallpaper depicting pastel ponies prancing in a field on the walls.
>Eventually, a doctor comes in, an older stallion with a grey coat and white mane and a stethoscope around his neck. Something about him seems… vaguely ominous.
>”Alright, Chuckles,” he says, pausing briefly as he notices the totally deadpan expression on your face, checking the paperwork before continuing. “I understand you’ve had some sort of injury? We can run a few tests, but I need to know what you’re hoping for here.”
(2/2)
>>
Last post for the night, see you tomorrow!
>>
>>29815471
Best case scenario? I'm hoping for a brain x-ray that you squint at and say "oh, the amnesia is just due to some swelling from a blow to the head. Your memories will return if you just wait a few days."

Worst case scenario? "Well, according to the scans you are not a real pony but an undead mutant cyborg robot with brainworm parasites and you'll never remember anything because you have no memories to regain."
>>
>>29815471
we are gonna have to venture into the everfree for that cure and become a hero and/or die
I was hoping to get my memory back. A local farmer found me in a ditch with a head wound. When I went to check it myself it seems I may have been draged there. I also got a vague wisp of what I think may be a memory of somepony telling another pony they think they killed a pony.
>>
>>29815471
Making sure I don't have a concussion
>>
Should we get a physical?
>>
Blimp
>>
Let's hope that this won't be too expensive, we should find out a price and leave if it's too high.
>>
“Yeah, a head injury, and amnesia. Chuckles is just a nickname, I don’t remember my actual name, or… anything else for that matter. So, I need to get my head checked out, and hopefully you have a spell to get my memories back. Oh, and I don’t have any money.”
>The doctor doesn’t seem concerned. “Once we figure out who you are, your insurance will take care of the payment.”
>He nods over at the examination table, “Why don’t you take a seat, I can take a look at that head injury and give you a quick physical, see if there’s anything else we should know before we start talking about treatments. Medical allergies, sensitivity to magic, that sort of thing.”
>Despite your vague sense of foreboding, the doctor is competent and seems harmless. He starts by carefully unwinding Carrot’s bandage and taking a long look at the bump on your head. He hums a few times while his horn glows, but doesn’t give up any secrets yet. The physical goes without a hitch, no hasty note-scribbling or concerned looks.
(1/2)
>>
>>29820674
>After about half an hour of prodding, reflex tests and shining lights in your eyes, it’s all over.
>”Well, asides from that bump, you seem to be the picture of health. And that’s that it is, a bump. Nasty one, bit of an infection, but nothing serious. If you have a fractured skull from that, I’ll eat my medical degree. I’m going to advise against getting an X-ray. In my professional opinion, you don’t need it, and let’s try to avoid running your bill up until we know how good your insurance is.”
“Well, that’s good news… wait, how did I get amnesia from a bump on the head? I thought you needed a pretty serious injury for that.”
>”You do. It is extremely unlikely that that injury gave you amnesia, especially amnesia to the extent you are reporting.”
“So… am I some kind of undead mutant cyborg robot with brain-worm parasites?”
>The doctor gives you a deeply concerned look. “N-no… you’re definitely a pony… Since the amnesia isn’t physical it’s probably magical. You may have been the target of a curse, or some kind of magical affliction or accident, but your memories should still come back, probably on their own; it’s almost unheard of for that sort of spell or accident to cause permanent damage. If you’re concerned about it, I can recommend a specialist, but I advise waiting a couple days before jumping to that. Especially without insurance.”
(2/2)
>>
>>29820679
Huh. That's interesting.

I think the specialist can wait. We don't want to rack up a huge bill.
>>
>>29820679
Alright, thanks for looking us over. We'll be on our way now and come back another time with hopefully more memory. Maybe we should go to the cops and ask them who we are? We might have dental records in cantorlot since our mind keeps going back to there.
Maybe that's where we're from?
>>
>>29820679
Thank you, I appreciate all your help.

Let's wander the town and see if we can ring some bells in our head.
>>
>>29820679
Thanks doc I will wait a few days.
>>
I don't know. Between the name of the quest and the name of the qm I'm not convinced we're a normal pony.
>>
“Well… until I can find out who I am I don’t want to run up any bills or anything. If you say it’s good, that’s enough for me. For now.”
>”Of course,” the doctor says with a nod. “If there’s nothing else, I can see you to the lobby.”
“Hm. I might come back later, if I can remember anything else important. Maybe I should talk to the city guard. They might have some information.”
>”A definite possibility,” the doctor says. “These sorts of things don’t usually happen on accident, and with the angle on that head wound, it doesn’t appear to be an accident. They are a bit overworked, though… Something to keep in mind.”
>The two of you get up and he escorts you out to the lobby, which is still empty, the nurse having pulled out a ‘Power Ponies’ comic featuring some fire based super villain and starting to page through it.
>Once back on the streets, you realize you have a decision to make. The guard-station might be able to look up who you are, or at least give you another lead in that direction, but you aren’t really sure where it is.
>You could just wander around town until you see it, shouldn’t be too hard to recognize, but Ponyville is a pretty big town and that could take all day, or longer. Not that it wouldn’t be fun, you’d probably stumble across something interesting while looking.
>On the other hoof, Carrot mentioned a Tourism Center and said they would have maps. That could really speed things up, and give you a better idea of things you want to check out, without the blind wandering.
>>
>>29820814
Let's get a map from the tourism center.
>>
>>29820814
Let's take a look at a map because knowing where most things are will help in the long run.
>>
>>29820814
We have no money to buy a map.
Go back to carrot and ask for a small loan of a millon bits
>>
>You decide to try you luck at the Tourism Center. If they’re any kind of good at their job, they’ll probably have some free stuff or would at least be able to give you directions. Kind of a turn off if you need to pay to find the things you need to pay for…
>You backtrack to the street you and Carrot walked into town on and then to the tourism center. The plague of flags makes it hard to miss.
>You enter the building and immediately find a modest office absolutely plastered with informational posters and-
>”HI THERE!” Shouts a unicorn, popping into existence inches from your face.
”HOLY MOTHER OF CELESTIA.”
>”I’m sorry did I startle you my name is Pamphlet Pusher and I’m the head of the Tourism board here and Ponyville what is your name it is great to meet you!”
>She’s an off-white unicorn with a red mane, tied back into a professional looking bun and she is mildly terrifying.
“Uh. Chuckles?”
>”You don’t seem sure of your own name but that is highly irregular anyway let’s get you on a tour of the Ponyville Heritage Square!”
“I was just here for a map-”
>A map is thrown into your face, a clever ruse to prevent you from noticing as you’re lifted up in some terrifyingly powerful magic and carried along by the unicorn over to a spell circle on the floor nearby.
>Before you can respond, there’s a flash of bright light and you find yourself outside, surrounded by some admittedly gorgeous rustic cottages and a few more elaborate buildings in the same style.
>”This is Ponyville Heritage Square!” She says pulling you through the streets through a mixture of unflappable charisma, powerful magic, and your own lack of comprehension of what’s going on.
>>
>>29821078
>”It was made thousands of years ago when my ancestor Twilight Sparkle (and my lawyer says you can’t disprove that fact) got sick and tired of rebuilding the town after the ninth time it was leveled and so she cast an indestructibility spell to make sure it could never happen again nowadays it’s mostly used as emergency bunkers because you can’t open the doors or windows but it sure is pretty!”
>The next few hours passes in a haze of historical trivia that you didn’t know you didn’t want to know and endless bragging about a proud (and mostly probable) heritage.
>The haze lifts when you are teleported back to the Tourism office and recognize your chance to escape. But by then, it’s too late, you’re already wearing a Ponyville Water Buffalo hat, a commemorative T-shirt, and pendant saddle with about four too many flags on it. You are sure you didn’t pay for or ask for any of this.
>You dart out the door, map carefully clutched while she starts to suggest a visit to the beautiful Friendly Friends Castle, another pony starts into the office.
>You can’t save them.
>You can only save yourself.
Quick, run somewhere else, ANYWHERE ELSE.
>>
>>29821085
I don't care where we run, just get as far away from Pamphlet Pusher as we can.
>>
>>29821085
Go to carrot, she will save you!
>>
>You run, you run as fast as you can, not even daring to look back lest you see her.
>You find yourself turning down the street and towards Carrot’s stall in the farmer’s market.
>As you come sliding to a stop, she looks up, still talking with the griffon, and starts to guffaw with laughter. The griffon starts snickering at your plight, but you’re still looking around, panicked.
“Sh-she’s coming. I know she’s coming.”
>Your eyes are wide, frantic, looking about. You find yourself checking angles of approach and, scanning every entrance to the Farmer’s Market. You start once, but it’s not her, wrong mane color.
>”Don’t worry about it, hun,” Carrot says, still snickering. “She’s not allowed out of that office during work hours. There’s a city ordinance.”
>She gives you a gentle pat on the head, and you start to calm down, just a bit. You slowly pin your wings back as you recompose yourself.
>”Sorry, I didn’t think ya’d have such an… averse reaction,” she notes. “Now let’s see… you’ve got the hat, the t-shirt, the pendant, and the tail wrap…”
>You look back at your tail and yes, you missed it, a Ponyville charm tail wrap that was stealthily placed upon your person when you weren’t looking.
>The mare-devil is clever.
>”That actually puts you at number three on our scoreboard! Lowest anyone’s ever managed to get was Gentra here with just the hat.”
>”I threatened to eat her,” the griffon said cheerfully.
>”My best score was five or so, thanks to a complex maneuver I call the ‘Vahoofer Shuffle’.”
>”Last I heard number two had trained himself to vomit on command,” Gentra said.
Comments? Questions? Heading somewhere else next? You did manage to get the map, but at what cost?
>>
>>29821300
Is there a place where I can put this stuff, or am I stuck with it?

After that, we should find the guard station.
>>
>>29821300
Do you know where the unicorn lives? I would to be careful around that part of town if possible.
>>
>>29821300
Tell her the doctor said our amnesia is probably magical.
>>
>You start to strip out of the gear that was plastered onto you.
”Do I have to hold onto this stuff?”
>”Hand it here,” Carrot said, taking the merch from you and stowing it away. “If you REALLY want it later, I can keep it at my place for now.”
“Thanks.” You mumble
>You sigh and look at your map, hard-won prizes from the field of battle.
>The guard post is towards the middle of town, just north of the Town Hall.
>You look over at Carrot.
“I checked in with the doctor. He says the amnesia is probably more magical than physical.”
>”Huh…” Carrot says, sitting back and scratching at her chin thoughtfully. “I woulda guesse the bump, but I ain’t a doctor in all fairness. Well, you’re welcome to stay with me as long as you need. We’ll need to pick up a sofa, though. I’m reclaiming my bed tonight one way or another.”
“I’ll be back later, I’m gonna check in with the guard and see if they can help me find anything on who I am.”
>She nods. “Sounds like a plan, hun. If ya need any help… uh, run, I guess. But if you get to me and need help I’ll help ya!”
>You nod at here and start off towards the guard station, checking the map occasionally along your way.
>You are walking down one of the smaller roads when you nearly bump into a group of three ponies, blocking your path down the street.
>Abruptly, you backpedal and look up to see a unicorn, a pegasus, and an Earth Pony looking back at you.
>They look… well, ‘delinquent’ is a harsh but fair word.
>The leader appears to be the pegasus, standing in the middle and gesticulating wildly.
>”Yo!” He says, a surprising rhythm to his movements. “You found yourself walkin’ in the WRONG part of town, see? There’s a fee for bein’ in this part o’ town without my express permission.”
>”Tell him boss!” Says the unicorn mare in her deep, melodious voice.
>”So why don’t yous pay up and things don’t need to get… unpleasant?”
>They glower at you menacingly.
>>
The board is moving slow (I hope it's not a lack of interest) so I'm gonna call it a bit early tonight. See you all Monday!
>>
>>29821473
Well, shit. We just can't catch a break. I'm sure they won't take "I'm an amnesiac and don't have any money on me" as an excuse either. And since we're not a fighter, we're probably boned if it gets down to that.

Time to sprint.
>>
>>29821473
Well thats not very friendly for the town princess twilight resided in.
Just fly up.
That way we only have to fight one of them.
Beat the pegasus up if he pursues.
If he continues to resist kill him.

Who knows maybe we forgot we are a deadly weapon.
>>
>>29821473
Pull the "I'm crazy" card by yelling at them and asking if they're the ones that took your cookies. Bark at them and demand that they return them now.
>>
I can't believe we ran into street toughs. We're supposed to yell "fire" right now instead of "help"
>>
>>29821473
Ask who he even is.
>>
boop
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.