[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

guardians of harmony will be the death of this franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

cute ponies doing cute things is what made this series great and caused it to become a financial juggernaut, not trying to be all edgy and actiony with their shit.
its what made My little ponies a household name in the 80s and what made FIM great. This guardians of harmony shit is only going to drag it into the dumpster; the fact that over half of the movie's toys are Action figures with jets and shit is mind bogglingly stupid. Most countries won't even agree to CARRY these toys and they're making half the toys for the movie Guardians toys?
>>
First world countries love this stuff.
>>
Cute ponies doing cute things was the death of the franchise back in G3.
>>
EQG is now their most valuable branch
>>
>>29807633
WTF. Just all of the WTF. this show has truly fallen if so.
>>
>>29807568
DAILY REMINDER THAT FAUST WANTED THE SHOW TO BE HALF ACTION WITH A ZIGGER MENTOR
>>
>>29807683
>WITH A ZIGGER MENTOR
Well there you go, that's why she's not on the show anymore.
>>
>>29807683
It's ironic while the show itself is shifting more towards family sitcom and away from adventure but we get toys like GoH. Are GoH and other MLP toys still selling well?

Also it's interesting that G4 was initially planned to be the revival of G1 and seems to follow the same traits as G1 went.
>>
>>29807938
>Are GoH and other MLP toys still selling well?
GOH was one of the highest selling amazon toys this winter.
>>
>>29807938
Hilariously it's probably easier to write a straight action show. It's just not done much because it's harder to animate.

>>29808064
Yeah, it made money.
>>
>>29807568
I thought it was the good writing.
>>
File: rainbow scrunch.jpg (14KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow scrunch.jpg
14KB, 255x255px
Equestrian Industrial Revolution as a side-plot in the movie, maybe?
>>
>>29807568
The show is still all cute ponies doing cute things, and if I recall correctly then there were a bunch of normal pony toys too with that Rarity collection and the Nightmare Night stuff coming to mind as the most recent.
>>
I hope it doesn't get too far into "CUTE GRILLS DOING CUTE THINGS: Equine Edition", and FiM keeps showing other things as well.

I got sick of seeing that in animu, and I hope pone doesn't follow the same fate. Variety is the spice of life, last thing this show needs is to be stuck on one side eternally because /a/ can't stop having hard-ons for cute animu children.
>>
>>29810212
Haha, no. All of the technology is just shoehorned in over time without any coherency. They went from the royal guards wearing plate armor and using spears to having fucking 70's era movie theaters.

I miss the purely fantasy setting without writers adding tech on a whim whenever it suited them.

CAPTCHA: exit career
>>
>>29807568
Same was said about EqG.
>>
>>29812305
difference is eqg was capitalizing on the rise of monster high
>>
>>29807683
I think she also wanted a certain amount of consistency and continuity. I remember reading about how hard she fought to not make a big deal about the train, but the execs pushed back because they had a train toy set to sell.

There's cute ponies doing cute things, cute ponies doing non-cute things, and then there's cute ponies in a random-ass world doing random-ass things and not remembering important things about themselves.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.