[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do No Harm(CYOA) - #5 something something something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 2

File: Asclepius.png (60KB, 955x786px) Image search: [Google]
Asclepius.png
60KB, 955x786px
Previous thread: >>29579747

Previous post: >>29780314

>So it seems he's arrived. Or at least, almost arrived.
>The forest is a big place though, chances of finding a zebra in the forest is like those of finding a needle in a haystack.
>If only because the hay consists of so many trees.

"Thanks! By the way, could you tell me the time? Or know anywhere nearby that sells watches?"
>The mare makes a face, looking between you and the empty road outside.
>"It's about five right now if I had to guess...why would there be a watchmaker here? Nothing but trees, logs, and wood here, you're better off checking in town."
>"The marketplace has everything. I saw some clocks in a store near the birdie bin somewhere...you're not gonna carry a clock around your neck are you?"
>Timekeeping issues aside, two hours...doesn't seem like much. You need time to walk back too.
>>
Little busy today, so I'll post with what I can when I can
>>
>>29787295
>you're not gonna carry a clock around your neck are you?
Either she's a fucking idiot, or people haven't invented any watches yet. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>29787295
If it helps maybe we can spot a camp fire from here? Before entering the forest?
>>
>>29787295
It's about five right now and we have a meet up with Lucielle and Swift in one to two hours. Let's head back and get prepared for a night out at the bar. Maybe even check out a few places we could hit up if staying at the bar is too boring.
>>
>>29787295
Would Heart fuck Cold Clinical?
>>
>>29787740
Can we got to her clinic and fuck her?
>>
>>29787295
Will I have to make some green text of Heart banging Cold?
>>
>>29788460
>not Heart getting softly cradled by Dr. Pill
>>
>>29787341
>>29787403
>>29787422
>With only so little time to spare going on a forest hike isn't too smart at this time.
>But you will take a quick look from here.
>Who knows, maybe you'll spot a fire...? Unlikely, but worth a try.

>You thank the lady for her time and ignore her potentially idiotic jab at wearing a clock around your neck, following the road further out of time some.
>...
>Yeah, nope. Nothing. Time to go.

>To cut a long journey short, you eventually make it back to Town Hall, forgoing any other stops.
>You'd didn't think you had the time.
>Swift is the first pony you see before long. He lands not too far from you, and waves you over.

>"Hey Heart! Right on time, just like I-oh!" He tweaks his nose, sniffing the air.
>"Hmm. Someone's been active these last few hours." A grin forms on the bat pony's face.
"Don't look at me like that, I'd thought I'd try looking for that Zebra I told you about!"
>"...did you find him?"
"Did you?"
>"Nope." He shrugs. "It's just one Zebra, bud."
"Well there's your answer. Come on, let's get Lucille."

>Inside the now quieter and somewhat darker lobby, Lucille looks busy behind the counter.
>The soft glow of candlelight and not-candle lights help where the evening light doesn't.
>You make your way over, tapping the bell to get her attention.
"Hey, Lu-"
>"AHH!" She cries out in surprise, falling off her chair.
>Thankfully only a few papers went down with her.
>"O-oh! You're here!" The cow climbs back up to eye level.
>"Heart, and, uh..."
>"Just call me Swift." The other stallion extends his hoof in greeting.
>"Swift. Sorry, it's just that I never really had a real conversation with a bat pony before. Face to face."
>She stares slightly at his hoof, eyes wide.
>"Is it true you eat meat and drink blood?" She blurts.
>"I'm vegetarian." Swift dryly responds.

>"Aha! Well enough about that!" The receptionist turns to you.
>"I'm nearly done here, where will we be going, again?"
>>
>>29789022
Turn to Swift and ask where he had in mind.
>>
>>29789022
Hey, I just finished reading up on this a few days ago but this is my first opportunity to participate and I'm Super exited, thanks for putting you time and effort in to it!

I really enjoy the way you structure your posts so that they carry the reader's attention in a linier way that makes it feel like reading a comic and I love that you incorperate every atom of meaning from input posts, even when it may have been meta ramblings, in to the story; it makes Heart seem both like a real person with an inner monologue which just gives random comments on things and generates random, and often bad, ideas as well as giving a good outlet for nons who very much want to make a certain thing, like shipping, happen but due to lack of greater support or some other reason it can not; now they get to influence his mind if not his actions directly.

You writing does have some ambiguityies and omissions that gave me trouble while reading it though, I thought Heart was female for the first two threads and then was only unsure, until he was confirmed male for me in the last thread. Maybe some of that is just a symptom of the way I read but it would be nice if you did a bit more screening for grammatical and typo generated ambiguities as well as checking you name to make sure the post makes it on to anonpone before you post.

>>
>>29789022
Well I did mention Heart getting prepared, but I guess I should have been more specific. Bath?
>>
>>29789022
I had this bar in mind, but we can always walk around a grab so food and, actually I need to ask my friend something.

Hey Swift, gotta ask,
>But you've never really set foot in all of their 'territory'. You do know that some of them - the Northern types at least, in a cave network under the town. With entrances all over.
>You've even heard rumors that Changelings share the tunnels with them.
>changelings
>north
>homes in caves.
>>
>>29789022
When are we going to Raep Cold?
>>
>>29789022
Is someone afraid of bat ponies?
>>
I have a dream that one day OP will finally make Heart Beat go down on Cold Clinical.

Any maybe hope the qm will post soon.
>>
>>29790113
Cold Clinical in socks bump
>>
>>29789769
When you say "getting prepared" do you mean at the beginning of the adventure? I might have missed that due to my eyes skipping over it or a anonpone not having it; I remember being told Heart was a mare, but maybe I just assumed that from the discription and early dialog.

Sorry, I'm not Bath, just a CYOA enthusiast, but I would like to put my own together someday and I think reading yours helped me feel out what I want a bit better, and helped me understand what to follow and what to avoid when I do.
>>
>>29791771
No no I mean Heart should have bathed. Bathing before going out to pick up the cow was what I ment by "being prepared."
>>
Fill Cold Clinical with baby batter bump
>>
>>29792990
>>
>>29791771
What a nonsensical series of tangents.
>>
>>29790075
>>29789824
>>29789769
>>29789583
>Curious reaction from Lucille there. Is that a hint of fear you...hear?
>Well enough about that. She's probably just curious, like she said.

"Swift! You had a place in mind?"
>"I...don't? There's a few things we could go, but I was just thinking of eating some street food and 'seeing where the night takes us', like you said."
>The stallion shrugs, pointing outside.
>"If you wanna go drink something at a proper bar afterwards then sure."
>You did have that bar in mind that's for sure...
>Which reminds you of a certain line of questioning you had for Swift, though that could wait a while.

>You wonder if you should get clean, then. But why bother getting clean if you're gonna eat outside with all the smoke and smells?
>Perhaps it's better to-
>"Heart?"
>Lucille steps out from behind the counter, looking much like she usually does, sans nametag.
>"All done here! Let's go."
>>
>>29794144
Well if she's fine with, let's go walk, n talk n eat.
>>
>>29794144
It should be 6-7 right now. Let's meander to the north side of the island and look around. I don't think Hearts been up at the north side of the island before. We can grab food from the vendors along the way.
>>
>>29794144
Alright! I spent a whole day looking for a shaman lookin zebra and I could really go for a break.
>>
>>29794144
So, anyone heard of Selene?
>>
>>29787295
>>
>>29794144
Ask if Swift got a sister.
>>
>>29794144
>Lucille steps out from behind the counter, looking much like she usually does, sans nametag.
That's it? Boooooo.

>Time slows to a crawl as Lucielle emerges from her desk.
>threads of light from the setting sun fly through the windows, reflecting off of her magnificent mane.
>The reception room is bathed in a beautiful low light origination from the gorgeous cow.
>Her luscious locks bounce with each graceful step.

That's how you do it.
>>
"Since we're all good with it, we'll walk around and eat whatever. I spent the day looking for a shaman-looking Zebra and I could use a break!"
>"Heart, that was just a few hours ago." Swift quips.
>>"Ooh, think I should go fix up my hair? My horns are showing." Lucille runs her hoof through her short tufts.
>"Why? I think the pixie cut looks good on you because it shows your horns."
"Yeah, what kind of bovine doesn't have horns?"
>>"Ugh, nevermind..."

>Outside Town Hall the crowd hustles and bustles as the night market usually does.
>Food is usually reserved for the streets leading in and out.
>Everyone is either going off work, or getting to it.
>This is the best time to see every race in Anima: Ponies, Zebras, Gryphons, Bovines both minotaur and otherwise.
>But especially for bat ponies. It gets you thinking...

"So...anyone heard of Selene?"
>>"Who?" Lucille asks.
>"You mean that singer at the bar I took you to? Never had the chance to hear her myself, why?"
"Just curious."
>You wonder if Swift has siblings.

>As you talk you notice the surroundings shift from tented stands hawking all manner of things from clothes to figurines, to carts with stools and tables set up around them.
>Skewers, noodles, flatbreads, juices and other drinks. Even a few fruit stalls.
"Alright, anyone see anything interesting?"
>"I call dibs!" Swift shouts, pointing to one stall, mangoes and durians on display. Plates of rice drizzled with coconut cream lie prepared.
>"Eating dessert already? I could go for some of that." Lucille points to another lonesome cart preparing what looks like kebabs.

>>29795443
Not with that grammar I ain't
>>
>>29795690
Fuck you anons. Durian is king.
>>
>>29795690
H-hey man. At least I tried.
>>
>>29795690
Pineapple fried rice with coconut cream? I don't j ow if that's a thing but it sounds good.
>>
>>29795787
>>29795973
"Nah, I think I'll take Swift's word on this."
>Swift and you both make your way to the fruits while Lucille goes on to the cart.
>An older bat stallion and earth pony mare work behind it. The mare cutting up fruit while the stallion prepares the rest.
>Pineapple fried rice with coconut cream doesn't sound like a thing they have but it sure sounds good.
>Swift goes on ahead and makes his order, the stallion nodding breifly before a plate of mango slices and sticky rice drizzled with coconut is served.
>You step forward.

"Er...do you have pineapple fried rice?"
>The pony shakes his head, pointing to an adjacent stall, where a unicorn stir-frys all manner of foods in a wok.
>A quick detour has you get your dish, and you return to Swift's table. Surely they won't mind as long as you clean up after yourself?
>And on the table itself, a quarter durian, still in it's husk, sits centerpiece.
>Lucille makes it over too, carrying a paper wrapped pice of pita bread filled with all sorts of vegetables.
>"Hey, you're here! I got us something to share." The stallion gestures to the piece of fruit sitting on the table.
>>"Hey! A durian! I've...never tried it before." The cow munches on her meal, trying to distract herself from the smell.
>Some ponies compare the scent to old cheese, sweaty hooves, old onions, and such. Though to be honest, it's strong, but not exactly as you've heard it described.
>Perhaps it's a freshness thing.
>>
>>29796155
Bitchin. Heart might be one of the few that like durian. Can we have a piece?
I feel kind of bad we didn't get anything to share. Maybe we can get some plates and spoons?
>>
>>29796155
I like durians, but I think they kind of smell like gas or propane.
>>
>>29796155
Let's call take a piece? I'm interested in Lucilles and Hearts reactions.
>>
Sorry, I've got to pause here.
>>
>>29796155
Durians are the best! Remember to at least do something to prevent acidosis if we eat some.
>>
>>29796363
Acid what?
>>
>>29796392
Durians has a pretty low pH value, eating it causes our body to get a lower than usual pH value, meaning that our blood would see an increase in acidity.
The symptoms are not as extreme as actual acidosis, it's just the closest explanation to what's happening to your body.

It's why people usually drink a glass of salt water after eating them, drink water using the husk as a cup, eating mangosteen with durian etc etc.

Hopefully, what I said made sense to you.
>>
Installing CClinical bump
>>
>>29791837
Oh, my mistake; I didn’t know what you were referring to when you said “getting prepared” since I didn’t understand how it had any relation to Heart’s sex unless you meant character preparation at the inception of the quest. I’ve gotten so used to seeing “bath” capitalized to mean The Bath Water Hero that I thought you were asking if I am him, not suggesting an actual bath for Heart.
>>
>>29797205
>>
>>29799137
>>
>>29799963
>>
>>29796363
>>29796309
>>29796199
>>29796191
>You reach out to grab a piece.
>The scent is strong, definitely, reminding you ever so slightly of propane. Even that's kind of inaccurate.
>It's fresh, that much is clear. Custard yellow flesh peels off without much resistance, revealing the smooth orange seed underneath.
>You take a bite.

>It's sweet, smooth, with a decidedly unique flavor. The outer skin leaves a slightly bitter aftertaste as you swallow.
>It tastes like Durian.
>Kinda reminds you of something you read or heard about them causing mild acidosis. But you'll be fine if it's just one piece...you hope.

>Swift and Lucille are at a loss for words.
>Okay, that's an exaggeration. Swift is smiling, impressed while Lucille seems to be on the edge of her seat, waiting for your response.
>"And he didn't retch! Tell us, Heart, how did it taste?" Swift exclaims.
"It's...durian? Not terrible, at least."
>"And here I thought I'd made a convert." He sighs.
>>"...should I try some?"
>The young cow reaches for a piece as you finish yours, biting the flesh off the seed directly.
>She sniffles, making a face that you see more often on those who consume a large amount of something unpleasant.
>Lucille stoically turns to your bat pony friend.
>>"...I will have my revenge."

>>"Moving on!"
>Her expression changes like a flip of a coin.
>>"Heart, you'll be pleased to hear that your claim is being processed. Your clinic should receive a letter within a few days."
>>
>>29801859
Thanks Lucielle. Hopefully we won't have to worry about a lack of medicine.

Try the fried rice!
>>
>>29801859
Finish it and savor the gooey creamy texture.
>>
>>29801996
>>29802050
"Thanks. Here's hoping we won't have to worry about running out of medicine. Our supply is low enough as it is."
>You leave Lucille to her food while you finish off the rest of your fruit.
>It's surprising how much fruit fibres can resemble custard.

>As you dig into the fried rice, sweet with pineapple chunks and salty with peanuts, a conversation begins to form.
>>"So, Swift. What do you do for a living?"
>"Oh, me? I'm a courier. I deliver stuff, sometimes do things for my parents' business...what's receptionist work like?"
>>"Dealing with people, most of them people you never want to see again." She takes a bite of her flatbread.
>>"But it pays well enough, I guess. Cheaper than having to train a replacement...if only the Gryphon councillor's replacement aide could come faster."
>"Do you think they could've been on that boat that came in? Heart, did you see any griff that could've fit the bill?"
>>
>>29802327
Lets describe that one griffon we treated and see if that's the one.
>>
>>29802327
I'm sure Heart had seem more then those few griffins on the ship, but from what we the player know, there was the first griffin we saw with the ulsters on his chest, Genevieve who we only ever say as unconscious, the cook and that one sickly griffin who was playing card with that one earth pony who we asked about how the plague may have started on the ship, that one old lady griffin and that one griffin Giraud who had helped Pestle make her brew.
>>
>>29802452
>Genevieve
Are you referring to Genevieve who was bunked with Asterius, that one Minotaur that died?
>>
>>29802476
Yes. Also, we aren't sure that he died yet.
>>
>>29802465
>>29802452
>There's quite a few you've seen in the past few days.
>Giraud, that old lady, Genevieve, the first one you met on deck, the one playing cards...though you should probably exclude the cook and old medicine griff.
>If they're coming into town, they'd be a passenger.

"Well there's one Griffin...her name's Genevieve, she had some ulcerated bug bites on her, but she had a really deep brown and slightly grey feathers, sort of orange beak and talons."
>That's what you remember, at least.
"That her?"
>Lucille shrugs.
>>"I don't even know if they're supposed to be a Gryphon or a Griffin, but being on that boat would explain their lateness."
>>"Guess we'll just have to see."

>The conversation begins to slow as your two friends get back into their food.
>Heh. 'Friends'.
>Maybe you should be the one to start something this time.
>>
>>29802599
Talk about how we weren't able to help Asterius despite our best efforts. When we first meet him he was talking, albeit requiring effort. Where did we go wrong?
>>
>>29802599
>Apply random medical trivia
You know, I think dream catchers 'might' mitigate some of the issues caused by Lunar Psychosis. I can't really say, but if you know anyone to use a dream catcher and it worked, do tell me.
>>
>>29802599
Did you know that bat ponies would make excellent ninja's?....That was less racist in my head.
>>
>>29802621
>>29802761
>>29802811
>Agh, so much to say, but how can you parse all the random thoughts into one coherent sentence?
"You know, dream catchers may or may not mitigate some of the issues of bat ponies making excellent ninjas....that sounded less racist than that minotaur that I treated, I sure hope he hasn't died."

>"...Heart, you haven't been to the bar early, have you?"
>>"I agree, that was...something."
"I-I was trying to be casual! With multiple lines of thought! Be nice."
>"Okay, how about you go through them one by one..."

>You sigh.
>Verbal diarrhea was not on your list of queued actions.
"Well I was thinking about this one minotaur I treated, Asterius. He's...well, I don't know if he's still alive. I just wonder what went wrong..."
>>"Aww, don't beat yourself up too much, you did what you could."
>Lucille pats your shoulder.
>"Yeah, what about all the other patients that DID not-die?"
>Swift pushes his now empty plate aside.
>"But what was that about bat ninjas?"

"O-oh, I just thought that with how the average bat pony is much quieter and easily suited to sneaking than most they'd be good ninjas!"
>"Heh, well you're not wrong. The very idea of ninjas came from bat ponies...though probably not in that way."
>>"And the dream catcher?"
"Well I remembed about this one disease called, uh...'Lunar Psychosis'. Bad dreams that don't go away normally. Dream catchers supposedly help with that."

>You blink, noticing that both the cow and bat are paying such attention to you.
>A glance down reveals that they've finished their food.
>Just waiting on you, now.

>"So...what's next?"
>>
>>29803162
Who want's to head North of town? I heard rumors that changelings live there.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29803162
North sounds good time.

Hey, Lucille, got any stories of particularly interesting guests?
>>
>>29803162
Finish our food?
>>
Cold Clinical and Bitter pill desperately wanting to have sex but can’t get over their differences so they just refuse to speak or make eye contact while they do it bump
>>
>>29805740
I approve of this ship
>>
>>29805740
They dislike but still love each other immensely. When will they over come their distaste for the other and kiss already?
>>
>>29805057
>>29804191
>>29803206
"Uhh..who wants to go to the north of town?"
>"Why? There's nothing much there except for all those rich houses. And Little Canterlot is kinda sorta empty at this time."
>Swift's questioning makes you slightly nervous. Will he laugh at what you say next?
"Oh no reason...I just heard changelings live there, is all..."

>A chortle excapes his lips, breifly.
>"What, do you think that ghosts roam the streets before sunrise, sp-"
>An elbow jab from Lucille stops him. She shakes her head, slowly.
>"I mean, of course, yes! Sure, a nice quiet walk through a quiet neighbourhood, how romantic!"

>Ahem. Well, you better finish eating then.
>Between shovelling spoonfuls of rice into your mouth, you see fit to continue the small talk.
>Asking Lucille for stories seems like the safe choice. Gives you more time to eat.
"Lucille, got any stories to share about the people that go to Town Hall?"

>>"Stories? Well, I wouldn't call them that...let me think of one."
>A moment passes.
>>"Ah! Well, there was one time when a Zebra came in, maybe one of those Shaman-y types, asking for something. But his accent was so thick, I couldn't understand a word!"
>Her hooves move in motions you can only assume mimic said Zebra's appearance.
>>"I'll spare you my attempts to mimic it. But eventually after going through everyone in office, the Zebra councillor herself had to get involved!"
>The cow lets out a small chuckle.
>>"Turns out he was just asking for directions."

>Swift coughs.
>>"Ah I guess you had to be there."
>>
>>29807924
Hmmm. Did he have a scar? He might be Peddles uncle.
>>
>>29807924
If she is talking about Peddles uncle then WOW. We could have saved half a days of searching.
>>
>>29807924
How long ago was this?

>>29807974
>>29808123
Guys, it could have been two different zebras.
>>
>>29807974
>>29808123
>>29808130
"Coulf if haf ben Peddle's uncle?"
>>"Sorry, what was that?"
>You gulp down your mouthful of food.
"Could it have been Pestle's uncle?"
>>"Who?"

"Er...how long ago was this?"
>>"Few weeks, at least. I don't remember it that well."
"...Nevermind, then."
>"Heart, what's with your fixation on this Zebra of yours? His niece asked you to find him, I get that, but I'm sure a guy like that can take care of himself. Enjoy your night out."
>Swift looks up breifly, the moon already rising in the sky.
>"Anyway, I think we should get going. You two don't have all night, now do you?"
>>
>>29808225
Swift's right. Let's keep meandering.
>>
>>29808225
Our friend is right. Let's go have some fun. Grab some kebabs and booze
as we go, maybe something interesting will find us. Did Swift have any ideas?
m-maybe we looking for her uncle so Pestle will like us
>>
>>29808452
Disgusting zigger lover. Bat ponies are better.
>>
>>29808289
>>29808452
>He's right.
>This is the only few of who knows how many times you'll get to relax.
>You should have fun, eating food, drinking things.
>Not trying just to get on a pony's good side.

"Yeah, okay. Let's get some food and drinks to go and get going. Ideas?"
>"Ooh! I'll get the drinks!" Swift exclaims before dashing off. "I'm good with anything if you are!" He calls back.
>Guess he's eager to leave.
>>"Well I guess we should get the food, then."
>Lucille stands, turning towards the food stalls, brushing crumbs off her neckwear.
>>"If you can't think of anything, there's always just...walking around?"
"I'll think about it..."
>You stand to follow, walking beside her.

"...more kebabs?"
>Pointing out one of the stalls Lucille likely got her food from.
>It is jointly run, one bull fixing up whole containers of fillings, and a Griffin next to him tends to a vertically rotating piece of meat.
>Pieces of meat, more like. With smells that would make any carnivore's mouth water.
>Even bat ponies are standing in line...though perhaps not for the meat.
>It looks like they do vegetable skewers too.
>>
>>29808749
I like lucille's idea. Let's grab some kebabs.
>>
>>29808749
Would Lucille mind if we asked what got her so spooked when she saw Swift? He's a cool guy I swear.
>>
Heart is a combination of a Yandere (really sweet and nice exterior but with a dark side) and a Dandere (Quiet, shy, and harmless.). So he's like a smart antisocial bimbo.
>>
>>29809041
Heart's a nerd, how can he be a bimbo?
I don't see how he's yandere either
>>
>>29809132
Take out the dark side of the yandere, use the rest of it and combine with dandere.
Maybe bimbo isn't what I'm looking for. How about a nerd? Heart's a nerd. Is that better then bimbo?
>>
>>29808975
>>29808889
>You get into line, and before long it's your turn to order.
>A few kebabs seems enough. You'd already eaten anyways.
>To pass the time, you and Lucille strike up a conversation.

"Hey Lucille? When we came to pick you up earlier, what got you so spooked when you saw Swift?"
>If it's because he scared her, you were prepared to give him the utmost support.
>"Still remember that? Well if I'm honest...it's because I never really saw very many bat ponies face to face. I guess seeing one appear in that dim sunlight surprised me."
>She shrugs, smiliing weakly.
>"I was sitting down, seeing a tall thing with sharp teeth always looks a little scary."
"No need to worry about that anymore, I hope? Swift is a cool guy."
>"Oh don't worry, he seems nice enough."

>To make a long wait short: you get what you came for. And split the bill too.
>Your bat pony friend returns after a short while, this time carrying a few bottles in his bag.
>Beer. A staple for places like this. If only for it's price.

>And as for where to go...
>Lucille and Swift both agree, walking around and just talking is how you'll spend the rest of the night.
>For what else can you do with friends? You were outvoted, anyways.

>Keeping in your original suggestion for "North", that's where you're heading.
>The buildings lining the street change from tall, multi levelled stone and brick facades to shorter shop-house hybrids much like your clinic.
>Pinched together, you can really see how Anima really tried to make use of the limited land at the time.
>Though a few single houses, with space for yards and fences, do make appearances.
>As the surroundings give way to taller buildings once again, and the homes take on a more rural shape, you know you've come near Little Canterlot.
>The 'pony neighbourhood', as it were.
>Conversation, though, is understandably sparse in a three person party.
>Work, weather, sights, all relatively trite stuff. But some would say that's the point.
>>
File: 1200px-MaryRose-wooden_tankard1.jpg (355KB, 1200x1659px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-MaryRose-wooden_tankard1.jpg
355KB, 1200x1659px
>>29809274
Any one of these three got a light buzz going? Probably not I think. It's just beer. Unless they've been walking around with those awesome wooden tankards.
>>
>>29809274
Does Anima have any homeless or down on their luck ponied that sleep in the gutter?
>>
>>29809274
Where did Heart even hear this rumor? And why are we even following it? It's was probably bullshit, but at least we're exploring.
>>
>Breaking the seal on one of the bottles, you take a swig.
>It's beer. Not really enough to get a buzz going, by itself.
>Perhaps you should invest in a flask too...
>Probably not, Doc Pill would kill you. Or take it first.

>The streets look relatively clean, leaf litter and regular litter are all that you can see in this dim light.
>Lanterns and the dim glow from occupied rooms make walking through easy enough.
"Are there any homeless in Anima?"
>You wonder aloud. Both your companions answer.
>"Every place does, but not in this part of town. The people here are richer than most, and it's not like shelter is very common here."
>>"The docks and outskirts of town are where those down on their luck can find a place to stay, but sleeping in the gutter can happen anywhere...just need to know where to look."

>Silence returns once again as the rest of you walk together, taking in the sights.
>Eventually, you come across a small park, a tiny patch of land either too unstable or undesirable to build a house on.
>It gives a great view of the water below, from a drop a bit too steep to call a 'beach', moonlight illuminating silver streaks on the surface.
>This end of the island is far from the sea, but it almost feels like it is. Even from the entrance.
>Straight ahead is due north, just about. The river splits right on the rock you're standing on, to form the currents circling the bulk of Anima.
>You can even see the tiny lights from the riverbank extensions of town from here.

1/2
>>
>>29809554
>Suddenly, Swift turns his head to the side, focusing on something you can't quite see.
>"Hey...is that somepony over there?"
>He points to an alleyway between buildings behind you, at the edge of your peripheral vision.
>You didn't notice it at first, but after a few seconds of focus, you can see it clearly.
>Lying sideways on the ground, a pegasus. Dark teal coat, with a bluer mane and tail.
>They're facing away from you. Sleeping or otherwise, you can't tell from here.
>>"...maybe they got drunk and passed out? We were just talking about homelessness earlier, after all." Lucille says.
2/2
>>
>>29809560
Should...should we check on them? We can ignore he or she if you guys think its too much trouble, but I was wondering.
>>
>>29809560
Hope they don't catch anything because of this.
Should we try to help them?
>>
>>29809598
>>29809594
>The need to check on them is strong.
"Should...could I go check on them? I-if that's okay with you guys."
>The last thing you want is to get into trouble.

>>"Maybe you should. But be careful."
>Swift just shrugs, gesturing to the body.
>Slowly, you make your way towards the dark alley.
>Swift and Lucille take up positions at the entrance, keeping watch a short distance back.

>You bend down to take a closer look. Or rather, nearly trip because you misjudged the distance in the dark.
>Now that you're near, you can see that this pony, this stallion...doesn't look in good condition.
>Fur is matted and coarse, sore spots like bruises can be seen in some places. He was beaten...or incredibly clumsy.
>A hoof to the heck doesn't stir him, even as you feel his jugular for a pulse.
>It's shallow, as is his breathing.
>One word comes to mind: Coma.
>It's not exactly confirmed to be, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. Technically, all he's confirmed to be is unconscious.

Pausing here
>>
>>29809717
Let's get some light going and look the injured party over, see how bad it really is.
>>
>>29809717
Do a more though examination of his whole body including places that might be covered up or obscured such as eyes and scalp.
>>
>>29809717
Can Heart use one of those light spells? Use the diagnostic spell. Maybe it'll give us a hint.
>>
Stick your healing dick in the stallion.
>>
>>29812081
>>
>>29813506
>>
>>29810043
>>29810357
>>29810724
>A more thorough examination is needed.
>Casting a simple light spell, you lean closer to inspect the damage.

>From your horn comes forth a ball of magic, luminescent and directed enough to get a good look.
>At this distance, the injuries are consistent with blunt trauma.
>Gently, you turn the pegasus over to get a look at his face.
>Bruising continues around the left side, a black eye, in other words.
>The scalp shows signs of injury there too. A few lines of small cuts, barely piercing the dermis, sit on his forehead.
>Elsewhere on the face, his mouth and teeth show no signs of trouble, at least.
>Though further down on his foreleg you see some swelling right in the middle of the limb, something not present on the other side. It could be internal.

>You think that's all you can gain from a gross examination, you'd need a spell to even guess at how the internals are going.
>Too bad nopony invented a diagnostic scanning spell that could examine and interpret symptoms for you.
>That'd save so much time. Alas, you'll have to stick with the basics.
>>
>>29815150
Wow. Either this guy fell down a lot of stair or he was beaten up.
Or maybe he was assaulted by stairs. Yeah.
>>
>>29815150
Sans the injuries is the pegasus handsome?
>>
>>29815150
Can we move him in this state? Is there a clinic or hospital nearby? Do we have something that'll soothe his injuries for now?
>>
>>29815279
>>29815290
>>29815334
>Conclusion: He either fell down a lot of stairs, or was beaten up.
>Or was beaten up by STAIRS!
>...yeah, not likely.

>Makes you wonder how this pegasus got into such a situation in the first place.
>Without all the cuts and bruises he'd look a lot prettier than he does now.
>Defined cheeks, firm jaw, no natural blemishes with a seemingly prefectly symmetrical face...
>You didn't even think those kinds of pony existed outside of magazines.

>Still, you doubt this is a safe place for one in such a comatose state.
>Nowhere else safer than the clinic, and he seems in good enough condition to move.
>No broken bones as far as you can tell, no spinal injuries...
>Must have be lucky to have nothing more than broken feathers on his wings. A broken wing could cripple a pegasus if set improperly.
>>
>>29815507
Why can't Heart be as handsome as this fellow? Maybe people would like him more if that were the case.
>>
>>29815507
Does he look like he has any belongings or cash? Doctor Pill won't like us using medical supplies on someone who can't pay.
>>
>>29815507
Are we closer to Doc Pill's clinic or Doctor Cold's clinic?
>>
>>29815549
>>29815552
>>29815694
>You don't see any sort of personal belongings on this pony, no trace of money nor bag to carry it in.
>But perhaps it got knocked away in the scuffle that resulted in this poor pony's condition?
>And it stands to reason that no one with any common sense brings all their money out with them.
>Doc Pill won't be happy about giving treatment for free, not after all that with the ship.
>And you don't know Doctor Clinical's address well enough to say if it would be a longer haul to go to her.

>Perhaps you could persuade-
>"Well somepony doesn't look good."
>Swift voice suddenly chimes in beside you.
>>"Hey! W-wait for...oh."
>Lucille runs up behind him, taking place on your other side.
>>"...is he dead?"
>>
>>29815714
He's not dead... yet. We should be able to move him. Please, help me get him to medical help.
Wait, Swift! You should know the way! Pill or Cold, which clinic is closer?

Carefully bring him to the closest clinic.
>>
>>29815714
No. He's just beatened up. Or fell down some stairs. Or was beaten up by stairs. Or fell on people. Nonetheless he's still alive. What do you guys think we should do with him? I'll probably regret this, but . . . . I guess I'll try to treat him.
>>
>>29815733
>>29815758
>Heh. If only. But that would be worse.
"He's not dead, just beat up. I think he could also have fallen down some stairs. Or was beaten up by stairs."
>Stepping carefully, you make your way around the grounded stallion.
"I might regret this later, but I think I should try to treat him. What do you think?"

>>"You should. I mean, it's your job, isn't it? Who knows what'll happen to him here."
>"Yeah! And if you're worried about money, maybe this guy will reward you for saving his life!"
>Well you can always count on Swift to be optimistic.
>It's decided, then.

"Alright, I'll get him some medical help. Swift, which clinic is closer? Mine? Or Doctor Clinical's?"
>"It's a faster route to get to yours, all things considered. Plus if that Doctor lady looks how she does normally..."
>He shudders.
>"I don't wanna see her after a rude awakening."
>>
>>29815828
It's what's on the inside that counts. Which might be angry if we wake her up. To the clinic!
>>
>>29815828
Bovines are naturally strong. Ask Lucille if she wouldn't mind too much if she carried the stallion. If she seems hesitant to do so then apply flattery.
>>
>>29815828
Right, time to think of what we should say to Pill later.
>>
>>29815828
>Though further down on his foreleg you see some swelling right in the middle of the limb, something not present on the other side. It could be internal.
>No broken bones as far as you can tell, no spinal injuries...
No broken bones as far as we can tell. Well it could be worse. I have an idea on how to treat everything but the swelling. An ice pack maybe? Probably not.
>>
>>29815869
>>29815876
>>29815887
>>29815921
>As they say, it's what on the inside that counts.
>For Doctor Clinical that might mean less than most.
"To the clinic, then!"
>"Which clinic?"
"My clinic. Hey Lucille, do you mind helping us carry him?"

>The cow leers at your new paitent, cautiously raising a hoof to poke him.
>>"I don't know...wait, you mean carry him FOR you, don't you."
"Please? You're strong! Tough! Imagine how many bulls would throw themselves at you seeing you've got both the brains AND strength to go with the looks!"
"And I don't want to risk either of us dropping him trying to share his weight."
>"Yeah, what he said!"
>Lucille rolls her eyes and shakes her head with a snort.
>She gingerly hoists the stallion onto her back with a snort.
>"Fine, fine. If you put it that way..."

>With transport settled the three of you make your way back to the clinic, with Swift leading.
>Your mind drifts onto what you'll have to do next.
>Namely, taking care of those wounds. If his foreleg is fracured, an ice pack should numb swelling, assuming it's recent enough.
>And thinking up what you'll tell Doc Pill...
>>
>>29815978
God I hope this guy wakes up soon.
>And thinking up what you'll tell Doc Pill...
Woops? Can't help but do something about it. He probably wouldn't have died if we left him there, but we shouldn't.

What's his cutiemark? I take it Lucille and Swift never seen him either?
>>
>>29815978
No matter what we say, Doctor Pill won't be happy.
Would he be disappointed in us?
>>
>>29815978
If the bruises aren't too serious they should heal on their own overtime. Maybe get an ice pack for that shiner he's sporting.

Disinfect the small cuts on his scalp, get some ice for the eye and leg. Maybe this won't cost us too much after all.
>>
>Like it or not, you'll have to deal with Doc Pill eventually.
>If he doesn't see you come in first. The walls aren't exactly soundproof.
>You just hope he isn't disappointed...

>But back to your new charge. He's your resposibility now, if being halfway to the clinic wasn't enough.
>You caught a glimpse of his flanks earlier...in a purely professional manner, of course.
>His Cutie Mark was a piece of partially unfurled partchment, quill laid atop it. But that's not very telling.
>It could mean he's good at anything from writing to high-risk negotiations.

>The injuries might turn out cheaper to deal with than you first thought, though.
>Now that you've had time to think, bruises usually do fine left alone to heal.
>Ice can deal with the majority of them. Even the black eye.
>The small cuts on him can be easily disinfected. Barring any gross internal injuries, he should be fine.
>Eventually. It's the little things that add up. Him waking soon would be best for everyone.

>>"You know...this guy is lighter than I thought."
>Lucille adjusts her stride to center the stallion on her back.
>>"I thought a pony this big would be heavier."
>"Maybe he just needs to work out more. Or, those fetlocks are just deceptively long."
>Swift turns a 180, breifly walking backwards to point at the stallion before turning around again.

>At your current pace it doesn't take long to arrive back at the clinic.
>In fact, you're on the street it sits on right now.
>And it seems the lights are on. Doc Pill is inside, somewhere.
>>
>>29816111
Let's go in, tell Doc Pill what has happened, and check for possible internal damages?
>>
Pausing.
>>
>>29816111
Clearly a changeling. Run ahaed and carefully tell Pill what's going on.
>>
>>29816142
You don't know it's a changeling.
>>
>>29816170
You don't know it's not a chageling.
>>
>>29818938
>>
>>29819768
>>
Too busy to have a proper session today, guys. But i'll try tomorrow.
Also from next week I can't run the same as I've done earlier. I have a job now.
>>
>>29821664
What kind of job? Will you have a regular schedule to plan around?
>>
>>29823462
>>
>>29824213
>>
>>29825056
>>
>>29826338
>>
>>29816713
>>29816170
>>29816142
>>29816126
>You really don't know what you'll say.
>Sure, the plan is go in, tell Doc Pill what happened, check for internal injuries.
>But what about Doc Pill himself? He'll surely ask questions.

>What if he's a freeloader who runs?
>What if he freaks out and causes some damage?
>What if he's a changeling?

>Lucille said so herself, the stallion is lighter than she thought.
>...
>Deep breaths, Heart. Standing out here worrying about the uncertain isn't going to help anyone.

>Now, right at the clinic's doors, you raise your hoof and knock thrice before entering.
>You hold the doors open for Swift and Lucille to bring the pegasus in, and Doc Pill comes down the stairs and out from the backroom soon after.
>"And here I thought you'd have just gotten drunk like you usually do."
>He casually points a hoof in Lucille's direction.
>"I know about the bat pony, but who's this? Why are they here?"
>>
>>29822600
Part time work, weekly schedule, about 4 days a week right in normal quest time
>>
>>29828100
Some guy I...found.....unconscious? I couldn't have left him there.
>>
>>29828100
Shit we should've made up an alibi. or not. This is Swift's friend who we found unconscious in an alley. Right Swift? Geez I was kind of worried when I saw the body.
>>
>>29828100
Hey Doctor Pill, do you remember where the sick were taken again?
>>
>>29828190
>>29828212
>>29828217
"Uhh, hey Doc! Do you remember where the sick were taken?"
>"You're not answering the question, Heart."

>Ah, shit. You really should've taken the time to make up an alibi.
>Stallion, pegasus, unconscious in an alley...
"This...is Swift's friend! We'd found him unconscious in an alley, had me worried when I saw him all comatose like that. Isn't that right, Swift?"
>The bat pony on your right nods slowly.
>>"Er, yes! That's right. A friend. His name is,um-"
>He glances around the waiting room quickly.
>>"-Cabinet. Paper Cabinet."
>Doc Pill looks unamused.
"...Okay, he's not Swift's friend. But I couldn't just leave him alone!"

>Doc Pill 'tsks' at you disapprovingly. Like a parent would do.
>"It's the lying I find so hurtful." He says.
>"So where did you find him?"
>>"In an alley in the northern part of town. The residential area." Lucille responds.
>"Bit strange to see a pony beaten up so close to Little Canterlot...do you have any idea who he is?"

>And here comes the questions.
>Doc Pill wants to know about his condition too. If he doesn't ask now he'll ask eventually.
>And about payment.
>You really should've taken the time to make an alibi.
>>
>>29828677
He has some bruising, a black eye, damage to the scalp and forehead, and some swelling in his leg I'm worried about.
>>
>>29828677
>Doc Pill finds our lying hurtful
O-oh.... Sorry
dad.

No, we found him all beat up in an alley. Most of his injuries comes from blunt trauma. There were also small cuts all over his head, so he could've been beat up by others, or crashed into the alley.
Could you check if there's any internal injuries?
>>
>>29828677
We'll deal with the payment when we get there.
>>
>>29828754
>>29828788
>>29828792
"S-sorry, Doc."
>You mutter. For a moment you almost called him 'dad'.
>Wouldn't that have been awkward?

"He's got a black eye, bruising all over too. Some more small cuts on the scalp, and a swelling in the leg that has me concerned."
>You point out an example of each injury in turn as you explain.
"I don't know who he is, I didn't find anything on or near him - just found him all beat up in an alley. It looks like he was either hit a whole lot, or he crashed hard enoguh to knock himself out."
>Shrugging, you motion towards the stallion on Lucille's back.
"Could we check for internal injuries?"
>Doc Pill nods, pointing down the hall.
>"He's here, so we might as well. Put him on one of the examination room beds, I'll get the things we need to take care of those bruises."

>As he walks off, Lucille walks forwards, pointing into one of the side rooms.
>>"So...in here?"
>Swift coughs.
>"And if there's nothing else you need us for..."
>>
>>29828882
Uh, sorry... guess I've ruined the night.
>>
>>29828882
Sorry for everything guys. I couldn't have know, and I hope I didn't annoy you guys with the 'helping a complete stanger' thing.

Maybe next time?
>>
>>29828882
Oh right. You guys probably want to leave. First rounds on me next time. That sound good?
>>
>>29828928
>>29828998
>>29829024
>Ah, crap.
>Some night out this turned into. Swift and Lucille probably want to get home.

"Ah, right...sorry. I guess the night's ruined now."
>"You couldn't have known." Swift pats you on the shoulder.
>>"For what it's worth, I enjoyed dinner." Lucille chimes in as she comes out of the room sans pegasus.
>It's...a good feeling to have people genuinely interested in meeting you again.
"Maybe next time?"
>"Only if you're buying drinks."
>>"Is alcohol all you care about?"
>"With my family, you'd understand."

>The cow and bat pony wave their goodbyes, closing the clinic doors shut behind them.
>As soon as they do, Doc Pill calls out from behind you.
>"Heart! You should come here."
>Inside, Doc Pill has a stethoscope draped around his neck. A spread of bandages, ointments, and a splint lies on a metal tray sitting on the table.
>The Pegasus in question is lying on his back on the bed, head resting on a pillow.
>A rolling stand for IV bags is next to him, a line draped over the hooks.
>"Everything seems to be as you said it is."
>The other unicorn points to his right foreleg laid pointing away from the rest of his body.
>"I'm suspecting a fracture here, but the x-ray is the only way to be sure."
>"Seeing as you brought him in I think this should be your responsibility. How you treat him is up to you."
>Doc Pill takes off the stethoscope, stepping aside to place it on the side table.
>"And coming from your pay if he can't." He adds.
>>
>>29829244
>"And coming from your pay if he can't." He adds.
Figured as much. I hope when he wakes he'll be able to pay. Or at least be grateful. Bust out the x-ray so we can get a look at the sweeping in his leg. If it's shattered? Fuck. Fractured? Less fuck but still fuck.
>>
>>29829244
>coming from your pay if he can't
That's reasonable....
How does he do it? We can't really stop ourselves from helping if we have the means to do so.
>>
>>29829244
This much is obvious, but at least the bones wasn't completely broken.
>>
>>29829244
Someone this handsome? He most likely can afford to pay for his pills. If he can I guess we will. We can't probably afford too. R-right?
>>
>>29829406
>>29829395
>>29829382
>>29829316
>Reasonable enough, but it figures that Doc Pill would do that.
>Though somepony this much of a looker surely has enough cash to pay for everything, right?
>It costs cash to maintain good looks.
>You just hope that when he wakes up he'll at least be grateful.

>The leg gets your first look.
"I think I'll bring him to the X-ray first. That leg has me worried."
>"Go right ahead. I'm going upstairs." Doc Pill says as he leaves the room. "You know where I'll be."

>With some time and squeaking wheels you move the bed over to the X-ray room.
>It's already got a table of its own, but thankfully the emitter itself is mounted on a movable arm.
>And a spare backplate makes things easier.
>With a quick application of lead aprons to both you and the stallion, a moment to ensure everything's lined up...
>One shot is all you need.

>With a click, the X-rays are fired and image captured. Now all that needs to be done is to wait for the image to develop.
>Magic has helped a long way in developing medical equipment, especially for things like this.
>Earlier devices needed hoof-cranking action to even generate power for the thing.
>Though capturing an image on a film to be developed was still a time consuming process, if less labor intensive.
>With that time to spare, you spend it putting things away, working the film, and moving the pony back into the examination room.
>It's the closest thing your clinic has to a ward, cramped as it is.

1/2
>>
>>29829513
>With the X-ray fully developed, you slot it onto the light board hanging on the wall of the room.
>It looks like the radius of the forehoof is fractured right through, though not enough to bend the limb.
>Certainly enough to cause swelling though. A splint will take care of that over time, with some ointment for the swelling.
>Though that brings to mind the rest of the treatments required.
>Sure, the bruises and cuts are relatively minor, but the unconsciousness seems to be the hardest obstacle.
>You don't know when he'll wake up, which means no eating or drinking for...who knows how long.

2/2
>>
>>29829518
Hmm, should we apply the splint after we used an ice pack to take care of the swelling?
>>
>>29829518
Apply ointment for the swelling then splint. Clean the cuts.

Uh, smelling salts for unconsciousness? I don't know. I'm going to bed. Maybe I'll think of something to post in the morn.
>>
>>29829619
But the ointment is for a swelling.
>>
>>29829619
You'll want to use a bag of ice or an ice pack for his black eye.
>>
Guess I'll pause here then, leave time to think this through.
There's already suggestions for the leg and bruises, but what about the rest of him?
>>
>>29829518
Splint, then ice-packs, I would think? The splint wraps should be tight enough to draw it down. Broken bones always swell immediately so I hear and I doubt it's gonna shrink much very soon even with ice.

As for the unconsciousness, I say we pull up a chair and sleep by our patient after we're done with the treatments. He'll have questions when he awakes.
>>
>>29829686
We should give this handsome creature a thorough going over in detail, of course, just in case we missed anything. Best to take no chances! Besides, with him in the present condition we can get a good exam done easily.
>>
>>29829689
Why an ice pack and not an ointment?
>>
>>29829696
Why would we need to do that again?
>>
>>29829697
Apply an ointment if you like, I'm just not aware of any really effective anti-broken-bone-swelling ointments. That said, I'm no medic.

>>29829702
Because he was apparently beaten up and may have taken damages we haven't checked for, or may simply have overlooked, plus at least this aspect of our personality (hi!) wants to perv at our patient a bit. He inadvertantly fucked up our date. We might get no other payment than a good peek, after all. And if there IS anything amiss he'd be damn glad we treated it rather than develop an infection.
>>
>>29829737
Anon. Please no. No just please this had nothing to do with a perverse aspect of personality. And it's our own fault were paying, or might have to pay for his bills. Or, we intentionally did so.
>>
>>29829737
Too tired. Gonna make another response tomorrow if I remember.
>>
>>29829802
Fine fine, be that way. If he's got some missed damages that get nasty though, it's on you.
>>
>>29829737
I was fine with a second examination in a more clean area with proper lighting until you brought up the perversness.
>>
>>29829910
He's found in a nasty alley, assaulted, KO'd. They'd run a rape-kit on a female in that situation. I still say we examine, AND enjoy. If you want to take the fun out of it for your own bizarre needs, that's fine too. I still would like to examine and we could just both call it good for different reasons.
>>
>>29829949
What like, you think, on the chance he was raped, his rapists would take the time to clean him of evidence? I mean don't get me wrong, rape-kits are very useful, but only when they are needed. Otherwise you're being wasteful.
If he was raped, wouldn't our initial examination detail the sexual fluids on him, or the smell of sex as we moved closer down the alleyway?
>>
>Okay, one thing at a time.
>You know that the ointment will be the first thing to use, for the bruises and swelling.
>A splint for the limb, then flush the cuts with saline, and bandage.
>Maybe an ice bag for the eye.

>Looking down at the stallion now, the most serene look on his face despite the damage, the bigger issue makes its way forward.
>The coma. After all the trouble getting him here and moving him around, it might as well be one.
>This unconscious spell has an indeterminable length and the patient is literally helpless as it happens.
>They can't eat, can't move, can't drink, and most certainly can't use the toilet.
>Monitoring the vital signs is also important.

>It's almost a shame this guy ended up in such a condition.
>While your eyes take in the details of the body before you, the mind wanders.
>A way to handle all those problems will be needed.
>...and the lack of movement presents the biggest, newest issue you've never dealt with before.
>You recall from some book that physiotherapy for coma patients requires their limbs, muscles, be moved for them.
>Which includes stretching the limbs...and massages.
>Getting your hooves all over another stallion like that, even a patient, is...embarrassing, in a way.

>But that's for later! Now, what you need to decide is a treatment plan.
>Bruises, cuts, fracture, and everything else to maintain a pegasus stallion in a coma.
>...Doc Pill is certainly testing you with this.

I hope this extra post clears up some details
>>
>>29830073
I think it is time for a new, comprehensive, examination and setting the broken leg after cleaning and bandaging the cuts.
>>
>>29830073
Thorough exam, followed by careful cleaning of cuts and scrapes with hydrogen peroxide and antibiotic ointment, then bandages. Clean and set the broken leg. He's reportedly oddly light, perhaps dehydrated? Are we flat out of saline? Or can we put on an IV drip?

Then I say go to sleep in here in case he awakes in the night.
>>
>>29831413
>>
>>29832037
>>
>>29831413
>>
>>29831413
>>
>>29837594
>>
>>29839804
>>
>>29840522
>>
>>29841623
>>
>You'll give him another once over after setting his leg and clean him up.
>Gently lifting the limb with your magic you simultaneously bind the splint to it.
>Some padding in between...secure binds at multiple places along the length...and one wrap to keep the dirt out.
>It'll need changing later, but it'll hold.

>Now for the cuts.
>Flushing with saline first, you wipe around the edges with some cotton soaked in alcohol.
>Hydrogen Peroxide is a bad idea, as you quickly found out from Doc Pill. It's just as good as killing the body as it is killing bacteria.
>Lastly, a tiny dab of antibiotic cream on a bandage before wrapping a bandage over it.
>A thin coat of a topical anti-inflammatory will help manage the other bruises.

>All that's left is the examination.
>This stallion, teal coat a few shades lighter than before in this lighting, has some curiosities about him.
>Other than the injuries, he's apparently lighter than he looks. Your own experiment involving his leg somewhat confirms this.
>You're by no means a regular pony hauler, after all. Only way you'd know for sure is with a weighing scale.
>Perhaps it's just dehydration. You'll be sure to put him on an IV drip just in case. Doc Pill was nice enough to take a bag of 5% glucose for you.
>A breif pat down doesn't reveal much else you don't already know. The wings are intact, if suffering from feather damage.
>Cuts and bruises all over, which is relatively minor compared to the fractured foreleg, now splinted and securely suspended slightly.
>Breathing and hear rates are still slow, muscle tone and reflexes are still working on a low level. And his eyes are still non-responsive.

>Guess you'll have to wait for your mystery stallion to wake up if you're going to find out anything else.
>...and perhaps you should sleep with him.
>In the same room, you mean.
>The coma means you don't know when he'll wake up. Could be in ten minutes, could be in two weeks.
>Then again, the chances of him waking up soon are low.
>>
>>29844000
Early post?
>>
>>29844000
Nice dub and trip bro. Try straightening the feathers? And do we own a dream catcher of our own? It's probably too late to go out a get some for a few bits. Do we have anything to make some that won't require the use of medical supplies? Because if we made some from using sutures and qtips.
https://snapguide.com/guides/make-a-dreamcatcher-with-things-around-the-house/
>>
>>29844000
I guess this means we've applied the ice bag to the black eye and the ointment to the swelling to his forleg?
>>
>>29844000
Maybe it's a Pegasus thing? That might be why he's so light...right?
>>
>>29844000
If we don't have any plans for tomorrow, no large work load, or expect minimal appointments then we can stick around. Just for the night. Grab a book, a blanked, a pillow. Wait if we do stay with him where would heart even sleep?

If Heart Beat has a lot of work tomorrow then he should go to bed. He can check on the stallion in the morning.
>>
>>29844000
What will we do tomorrow if they're still unconscious? Use diaper? Urinal and fecal catheters?
>>
>>29844000
Do we need to make a file for this guy? I guess next time when we have some time off, we can use it to look for grandpa zeeb, or head for the townhall again or someplace that keeps a record of everyone in Anima.....or do the less time consuming thing and wait for him to wake up.
>>
>>29844000
Can this guy really be dehydrated? Check his lips.
>>
>>29844000
The lightness is the really odd thing. We as a medic should know if the gross physiology of pegasii involves hollow bones or something that helps them fly, of course. So if not, let's try to figure out why he's so light. Agreed on checking for signs of dehydration and getting the IV going.
>>
>>29845516
The book doesn't mentioned anything about Pegasus lightness. Of course that tidbit of information could have been omitted to the players and deemed not important enough for players to know, so the gm decides to say 'it's common knowledge that Pegasus are literally light weights'.
>>
>>29844163
>>29845516
>>29845578
Changeling.
>>
>>29845613
That's meta
>>
>>29844000
SLEEP WITH HIM!
>>
>>
>>29850251
>>
>>29852245
>>
>>29850251
>>
>>29854778
>>
>This lightness of body has got you slightly confused.
>He IS a pegasus, after all, but you're not sure if this is supposed to be normal for one.
>Dehydation is a big maybe right now. The signs aren't very apparent: his lips aren't looking dry, for one.
>But these things take time to show.

>The treatment you've already done will have to suffice, you suppose.
>Ice bag, splint, ointments, and everything else.
>You'll just have to see what happens tomorrow...and probably decide on a way to handle bodily waste.
>Catheters and diapers both require changing often enough, and you don't know what he last ate or drank.
>For all you know it could have been nothing at all. It could also have been a hundred course feast straight out of a Minoan fable.
>...but he should be good to last the night. You hope.

1/2
>>
>>29855896
>Tomorrow will be another day of work. But how busy? You won't know till it happens.
>Doc Pill sorta kinda rests on Mondays and there are only two shifts every day when the clinic is 'open'.
>But working in healthcare there's always time for emergencies.
>Part of you muses that perhaps you should make a dreamcatcher out of leftover medical supplies. Bad dreams can be serious business.
>...you probably shouldn't really just use whatever's lying around, though. What if it's needed?

>All this thinking has made your mind slow and eyes heavy.
>In other words, you're tired.
>As much as you'd like to stick around to be the first thing this pony sees instead of an empty strange room...
>Nothing makes a proper rest like a comfy bed. Even one without a bedframe.

>After one last check through of the IV lines and bandaging and being sure he won't somehow fall off the bed, you take your leave.

Should have time for a session in about 12 hours I hope. See you then
>>
>>29855901
I wonder how much this will cost us if he can't pay up.
>>
>>29855901
Go back to the guy and give his shoulder a firm squeeze. Tell him that he will be alright and he'll get better soon. He probably can't hear that, but at least Heart can sort of erasure himself. Somehow.
>>
>>29855901
Give him a kiss goodnight.
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.