[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLPFEMTORPG -- Pirating this thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 4

File: 2.0 rules.jpg (2MB, 1200x2559px) Image search: [Google]
2.0 rules.jpg
2MB, 1200x2559px
https://pastebin.com/Pu749mrT
>>
>>29771723
https://pastebin.com/w7vFkeLu
>>
File: 1489782723790.png (3MB, 1900x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1489782723790.png
3MB, 1900x1344px
>>29771723
Post sheets
>>
>>29771735

https://pastebin.com/ARxMTtw0
>>
File: Alder.png (216KB, 519x559px) Image search: [Google]
Alder.png
216KB, 519x559px
>>29771723
https://pastebin.com/HZDtCp5g
>>
File: Putin's Summer.jpg (106KB, 800x998px) Image search: [Google]
Putin's Summer.jpg
106KB, 800x998px
>>29771723
https://pastebin.com/haMVj8ts
>>
>>29771733
https://pastebin.com/7FyBUa0q
>>
>everyone is at full H/W

Let's summarize the quest so far:

With the exception of Cutlass, whom the party met on Windy Island, the party consists of last-minute replacements to the crew of the Beesting, led by an elderly mare named Bee Holder. The Beesting is on an expedition to the Ribcage, a legendary set of islands that are surrounded by massive walls of coral and whalebone, which crush any ship that attempts to penetrate it to find the treasures and islands within.

First, they fought off the Ancient Mareiner, a ship of zombie pirates and sea monsters led by Captain Fettuccine. But, during the battle, Fettuccine's crew had poisoned the food and water supplies aboard the Beesting. The Beesting's crew went to the nearby Windy Island to harvest supplies and fix the damage done to their ship.

On Windy Island they met a tribe of breezie-like creatures called the Misties, who were under constant attack from a rival tribe called the Gusties, who could summon demons called Loa. The Misties' elder, Peace and Quiet, sent the party to investigate the Gusties and figure out why they had become so aggressive as of late.

When the party got to the Gusties' village, they found it to be an eerie mirror image of the Misties' village; there was even a pirate crew staying there, the Blackbarrel Pirates. The Gusties did not trust the party at first, and forced them to undergo a brief trial before they were let in. Once the trial was finished, the party learned that the Gusties were being led by a genie named Stone Cold Classic, who even granted the party a few wishes.

That's pretty much it so far.
>>
The sun is going down right now. Although Mistie Elder Peace and Quiet depicted the Gusties as being bloodthirsty savages dabbling in wicked demonic arts, the Gusties seem relatively peaceful right now, and there are no Loa demons around. The question is what to do now-- perhaps to continue investigating, to question the Misties' suspicions of the Gusties, or to pillage the village preemptively.

>>29771790
You run into the building. It's built in a way similar to the inside of a chicken coop, with shelves built into the walls using teal stone to provide nesting areas for each Gustie. The stone hut is overstuffed with tribal masks, weapons, and beautiful art carvings on wooden stumps, colored with saps and fruit juices. Many servant-Gusties flee as you enter, but due to the loud argument coming from within, rather than your entrance.

"I cannota force them to doa something they have not the venom in theira hearts to do!" Elder Guts and Glory shouts at Stone Cold Classic.
"I'm sorry, but at what point did I ever imply that you had a choice in the matter?" SCC asks casually. "20 days isn't exactly a lifetime for most ponies, but for you, it is."
"I willa use my last sacrificial wish on it! Whatta do I need to offer?"
"Not even a wish like can overturn fate, little guy. I shoulda, I coulda, you woulda. Sorry! It's just how this business works."

SCC turns and grins when you enter. "Heyyyyy! Ol' Bitey, eyyy! Cashin' in number three so soon?"

>>29771746
>>29771744
>>29771733
>>29771815
Female gusties, wearing skirts made of leaves, approach, bearing trays of small fruit. Accompanying them are several monkeys and walking birds, who carry more fruit trays and drink trays on their heads. An excellent assortment is before you as the sun creeps below the horizon.
>>
https://arch.b4k.co/mlp/thread/29598753/#29600248

Previous thread
>>
>>29771821

"Don't mind if I do," Cutlass says greedily as she grabs the largest fruit she can find and begins to eat it (using one of her knives to cut if if necessary). She also telekinetically grabs a drink. It floats next to her face, between sips.

"I suppose this is a close second to pillaging," she muses out loud to no one in particular.
>>
>>29771821
Cloud walks into the village,having trailed a little behind the others. Seeing the trays of fruit being carried around, he perks up and rushes over to grab some.
"Phew, some worry-free food that won't be cursed. Feels like its been forever since I ate, blacked out a little back there."
>>
>>29771821
"Ye be right, wish granter. Now listen well, because this one be important! I wish for me captain, Crimson Scale, be free from any prison he is in and safe from danger!" Rin exclaims to Stone Cold Classic, worried her wish might not be grant-able by now.
>>
>>29771863

Cutlass, now normal size again, snorts with derision between bites of food. "You mean you don't ALWAYS just have a vacant expression on your face?"
>>
>>29771878
"Don't mistake relaxed for not paying attention. Nothing escapes me."
>>
>>29771819
>>29771821
Alder happily accepts a few pieces of fruit, letting out an excited, curious little warble before tasting some of it. He looks around the hut with a good deal of amazement and takes in the view for a little bit, before snapping back to the moment and frowning "H-Hrm... seems like he is awfully upset at them. Ehm, what exactly are they supposed to be doing?" he asks Stone Cold Classic
>>
>>29771896

Cutlass stares at Cloud for a moment before quickly looking away, taking another bite of her meal.
>>
>>29771916
"He is right! Mister Shear has lead us well so far!" he chirps out, before taking another bite of fruit
>>
>>29771916
"Yup."
Cloud says, winning the discussion as he goes back to eating.
>>
>>29771930
>>29771922

"He doesn't notice EVERYTHING," Cutlass says to Alder in a tone that sounds either thankful or annoyed. Or both.
>>
>>29771821
"Not exactly," Cerulean says, not looking as thrilled as SCC at the moment.
"I was coming in to ask to lower the volume since all this sound in the air is affecting my lateral line, but now you've got me curious with what you were yelling."

She gives Stone Cold the ol' 'shark' eye look. Her back begins to arch, and her tail moves to one side and becomes rigid.
"Between this '20 days' thing you practically yelled, and the poor Elder here looking like a tasty, cornered grouper...Stone Cold, are you the one instigating the Misties and Gusties into this turf war?"
>>
>>29771846
>>29771863
"Pillaging?" a nearby Gustie asks. "But a-why would you do-a that when we invite you in of-a good will?"

"I'll bet that's what the Misties sent them to do," another Gustie says. "Those dirty savages. We'll-a-show-a them soon. Those brutes must live in such misery that they always seek to-a ruin our-a fun, them and their filthy demon-summoners!"

>>29771871
SCC laughs nervously. "Whoa there, what do you think I am, a demon? Get-out-of-jail-free wishes are... complicated. Believe it or not, even I have rules that I have to abide by. Genie rules, genie bosses, genie business cards, you know how it is. I need three things: Tell me what he did. Then, tell me EXACTLY where he is. Third one's kind of optional, but it'll help a lot: If you have a piece of his body, hand it over-- a fingernail, a lock of hair, anything will do. Otherwise we're running with scissors here!"

>>29771939
"Instigating it? C'mon, nothing that predictable. But, I am the one that brought this issue to the Gusties' attention. They were living in complete ignorance of the curse upon their tribe, before I revealed it to them."

(1/2)
>>
>>29771897
>>29771871
>>29771939
https://youtu.be/_KmQu2yuqm4
"Well friends, you seem to have visited this village at a very poor time," SCC says. "In 20 days, either both of these tribes will be gone, or one will remain. This whole island, and these tribes, seem to be under a very very tricky curse.

"You've probably seen the ancient architecture around here, right? Belonging to the Windies? Well, both the Gusties and the Misties fancy themselves to be the true heirs to the Windie tribe. Each tribe claims that the other is nothing but a bunch of savages, pretending at being the Windies' descendants. Well, both tribes are right and wrong. Long ago, the Windie tribe formed a relationship a demon that washed up on its shores. That demon is known as the Crimson King.

"For a while, the Windies thought the Crimson King was a god, until they discovered that he was a demon of the sea. When they tried to banish him from the island, he wasn't too happy about it, and fought back. Surprisingly, the Windies held their own for a while, being bearers of the magic of the winds. But, just as they'd put the Crimson King on the ropes, he pulled a cheap trick, but he's a demon, so it's to be expected.

"He split the Windie tribe into two, creating the Misties and the Gusties, and cursed their fates, forcing them to fight until one tribe had destroyed the other entirely. And, if after 99 years, the tribes had not destroyed one another, then both would be wiped out by the Crimson King's lingering aura."

SCC has a sudden coughing fit and materializes a glass of water for himself. "Woo! Sorry, all that melodramatic exposition wears out my throat. 'Scuuuuse me."

Elder Guts and Glory sits in his nest-like throne, eyes dark with contemplation.
>>
>>29771937
>>29771939

Alder shrugs a little, and giggles, before looking to Cerulean and asking "Lateral Line? What is tha-... err, r-right. Later"
>>29771982
"Wait, cursed? That is awful!" he chirps angrily "Is there not a way to fix it? Or is it some sort of unbreakable magic? I-I do notknow how magic works, really."
>>
>>29771937
"Hey, you can't live on the road if you can't keep an eye out. Ears help too, so I got a bonus there."

>>29771974
"Oh, no they just wanted to see why you guys kept attacking them like you did last night."
Cloud responds to the Gustie, cutting into their conversation with a mouth full of fruit.
>>
>>29771974

"They told us the demons were YOUR doing," Cutlass responds to the Gusties before taking another sip. "Which is why they sent us here to pillage your village. Pretty mad that's not happening right now, by the way."

She takes another sip and then cackles. "Of course, if I had MY way, I'd just burn down both of your wretched little villages and take all your valuables."

>>29771995

"Where DO bat ponies come from anyway?" Cutlass asks conversationally, eyeing Cloud like he's some sort of exhibit at the zoo.
>>
>>29771974
Rin grumbles knowing already she can't tell him where he is, if she knew then she would have helped with his escape. "Fine. If I can't free him with a wish, can I make ye a request for some specific weapons? I'll slice my way through when I find where he is." She mutters the last part with a growl.

Rin's attention is taken back again when she hears SCC mention Crimson King's curse. She takes a moment to contemplate as she begins to remember the Trials of the Queen. "If I help them get rid of this Crimson King... Maybe that will be the 'kind act' the trial needs! Besides, I get to kill a demon!" Rin thinks to herself, before speaking up finally. "Ye speak of demons, Stone Cold Classic? Now that be something I cannot refuse to fight, me blood is boilin' for real action and this may be the fight I be lookin' for! Where be this Crimson King?"
>>
>>29772027
Clod gives Cutlass a blank stare.
"You're supposed to be a captain and you never got the talk? Wow, talk about uncivilized."

After a moment pause, Cloud gives her a nudge on the shoulder.
"Nah I'm just messing. My parents were both bats, and we lived in Hollow Shades for a while. Lotta other bats there too, don't see many outside of it though."
>>
>>29771982
Cerulean thinks for a moment, and its pretty clear that the normally very brutish sharkpony is thinking. One might think her head might combust soon.
"So then...that loudness before...," she looks up to the Elder a bit sadly, "you were trying to wish the aura away, but these genie wish rules makes it impossible, doesn't it?"

Cerulean's back relaxes as does her tail, clearly not look as aggressive as before.
"But, if this Crimson King jerk was something that was fought, then couldn't we go and filet him so this doesn't happen, and the two tribes can just live in peace?"
She tilts her head a bit as her brain seems to be on a roll with these thoughts.
"In fact, why are they fighting? Couldn't they just team up to take this bottom feeder down to the deepest depths and all?"

>>29771994
"It's okay. It's just how I can sense vibrations in the water is all."
>>
>>29772050
"I see." he nods, making note to ask more later."
He looks back to SCC and Guts 'n Glory, before cocking his head "Is she right? Is there something we could possibly try?"
>>
>>29772045

"The tal-?" she begins to ask, a confused expression on her face. However, the confusion is quickly replaced with a red hue. "I-I didn't mean like THAT!" she says angrily as she is nudged.

After regaining her composure, she asks, "Hollow Shades? I don't think I've ever heard of it. Must be out in the sticks."
>>
>>29772074
"If you can call trees sticks, yea. Deep in a forest a good walk away from Fillydelphia and Manehattan."
>>
>>29771994
>>29772050
"I had-a thought there would be a way to break the curse easily," Guts and Glory says. "A genie is supposed to be able to grant any wish! But Stone Cold Classic is apparently defective and weak, and cannot break this curse. All-powerful, my ass."

"Hey, hey hey!" SCC interjects. "It's not that I CAN'T remove the curse. It's that I WON'T. Big difference. If the Crimson King weren't my parole officer, I'd have cleared this up a while ago. But, betraying the boss doesn't bode well for my remaining sentence in Tartarus."

>>29772050
>>29771994
>>29772042
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th2L1zy0g2A
SCC tenses up. "Hey, hey hey hey now. I'm sorry, did I imply that fighting the Crimson King was an option? Well, go ahead and dispel that illusion right away. Now, I MIGHT be contractually obligated to discourage ANY thoughts of fighting him, and also not allowed to send people to fight him just so they can get killed, but even if I wasn't, I'd downplay that as a terrible idea all around! He's one cruel fuck. He really loved the Windie tribe, and I JUST got through explaining what he did to them... what the hell do you think he would do to any of you, whom he doesn't even know? Whaddya think he'd do to ME if he knew I had any involvement in this?"

>>29771995
>>29772027
"What!?" Both Gusties exclaim.

"I've never heard of anything like that," the first Gustie says. "But they-a have sent their monsters at us in the past! You stupid pony, you've-a fallen for their shifty lies."

"If you're a going to go pillage any village, go pillage theirs!" the second Gustie adds. "They'd just as quickly do the same to you!"
>>
>>29772042
SCC seems distracted, but once you bring up other wishes, he looks at you. "Yeah, that's definitely a much, MUCH better idea than fighting him-- what do you want to waste your last wishes on?"
>>
>>29772123
"That's what happened to them too. We came to this island, started chatting with them like we are now, then a bunch of Loas came out of nowhere and wrecked the place. Also had a bunch attack us just outside of this village too."
>>
>>29772027
"I-If you did something like that, you would do it alone." he half-hisses
>>29772123
>>29772134
"So, there is no way a wish or two could help? I am certain we all have at least one to spare." he offers, his tail swishing about slowly. He mulls over what the Gusties said and cocks his head to the side again "Perhaps it is just the two of you being played against each other?"
>>
>>29772123
"He should be more afraid of me when I get close enough to me! I bite a lot harder when I be crazed with bloodthirst!" Rin shouts.

>>29772134
"I'll want something more long lasting than just a pathway, I never need one opened for me as long as I can cut me own way through! I wish for a pair of blades with a thirst for blood that matches me own soul's thirst!"

>>29772178
"I still haven't forgotten the ones that slipped away!"
>>
>>29772123

"It's an expression, idiot," Cutlass rolls her eyes. "It means out in the middle of nowhere. Poor ponies live there. Ponies who don't matter."

>>29772123

"I've only been fully conscious for one day on this island, and I can already say two things with absolute certainty," Cutlass responds to the Gusties. "First, you're all idiots. You gusties, and the breezies too. Which leads me to the second thing: obviously, neither of you have the mental capacity to plot these kinds of plans or even understand how to send a monster or demon anywhere."

A look of realization crosses Cutlass' face. "Which means we need to get off of here as soon as possible... These demons aren't being controlled at all. Which makes them even more dangerous."

>>29772179

"Which is obviously why I'm not doing it," Cutlass retorts in a snide tone.
>>
>>29772123
"Well, could I wish that I were your parole officer instead? I know you and I aren't exactly on the friendliest of reefs, but desperate times call for desperate measures. And way I see it, both the tribes seem very desperate."
>>
>>29772196
"Well duh, I just said we lived in the middle of a huge forest. Though poor wouldn't be the word I'd use. Self-sufficient I'd say? Lotta ponies set up farms, good growing in some spots."
>>
>>29772233

"Sounds horrible," Cutlass mutters. "No wonder you left."
>>
>>29772264
"Forests really are not too bad. My tribe's town as made in the clearing of a large forest in the tundra."
>>
>>29772264
"Eh, the city wasn't all the great either. Too many stuck up ponies. And rules. And work."
>>
>>29772179
"Old though I may be, I am not a fool, and I do not trust a genie for anything," G&G says. "When Stone Cold Classic's treasure chest washed up on our shores, I put a spell of my own on him. He cannot tell me a lie. But, his story has remained the same, before and after I put my sealing spell on him."

"That spell wasn't even necessary, you paranoid coot. Why would I lie to you when your real fate is more terrifying?" SCC asks with a laugh. "The more afraid that everyone on this island is, the more wishes that they'll make. The more wishes, the stronger I get, and the sooner I'll get out of Tartarus."

>>29772215
>>29772179
"Believe me: I wish you could," SCC says to Cerulean. A small drumset appears behind him and plays a rimshot.

"But, as a prisoner of Tartarus, my magic is bound. I cannot go against the will of Tartarus, or the Crimson King. Can't break or shorten my prison sentence, can't pull any hoo-ha with who's my parole officer, can't do anything about the Crimson King... hmm."

"You know..." he grins. "I JUST remembered! How convenient, this memory of mine. I didn't tell you what happened to the Crimson King after he cursed the Windies, did I?

"Well, quite frankly, they trashed him regardless of the curse which is why he couldn't just kill them outright. He ended up drifting out back to sea, on a little dinghy, to recuperate. Now, I DEFINITELY don't know where exactly he went, and--" SCC's eyes begin to shift around the room as if looking for something. "And I'd certainly never tell where exactly he went, if I did know, no, I'd certainly never break my contract.

"Oh!" he hits his palm. "Did you guys ever hear about this thing called the Ribcage? They say that it attracts all kinds of things in the sea, namely very powerful things like monsters and relics and strong pirates. And this is completely unrelated, but, fun fact: Did you know that, for some reason, demons are attracted to power?"

(1/2)
>>
>>29772194
"Good-NESS!" SCC exclaims. "Is killing all you can think about? But in any case, fortune smiles upon you."

A set of swords manifests before you, floating ominously.

>The Teeth of Cain: Dual; Inflict the Bleed status effect on targets, with duration lasting Roll-5 turns.

>>29772178
>>29772196
The Gusties seem troubled, both by Cutlass' rudeness, and also by Cloud's words. "That sounds like what happened to us a week ago when the Blackbarrel pirates came to this island. If it weren't for them, those Loa would have eaten us all alive," the first one says.

"And those pirates who volunteered to scope out the Misties' village never did return, did they..." the second Gustie says.

A chilly breeze shakes the village, and a light nighttime fog starts to envelop the bases of the trees and foliage around you.
>>
>>29772298

"Hmmph," Cutlass lets out an approving laugh. "It's true. The rules WERE too much. Still, it's better than having to grow your own food."

>>29772316
>>29772309

"Aaaargh," Cutlass begins to groan as the fog rolls in. "Looks like the cursing is already starting."

She gets up and storms off to where the tribal leader went. "I'm getting to the bottom of this right now."
>>
>>29772316
Rin grins widely at the sight of her new blades, taking them and letting out a sinister chuckle. "That not be true, I still think about treasure just as much." Rin says as she admires her blades.

When Rin feels the breeze and spots the fog, she begins to instinctively slip into the shadows and search for possible danger.

>Stealth

>Perception(Still big?)
[1d10+1]
>>
>>29772309
>>29772316
"Well... if we can not use the wishes to help them, could I at least wish for something to make my curatives work a little better? Seeing as Miss Rin is dead-set, it would be for the best to be prepared." He flicks his ears a little, and looks around at the fog "W-Well, that never seems to be a good sign."
>>
>>29772372
Oh, right. [1d10] Perception
>>
>>29772309
"Well, I don't even know what a parole officer really does, so maybe its a good thing you can't," she says, crossing her hooves and mulling over that thought.

That said, she does listen to him intently, and another thought crosses her mind. She shudders at the thought a bit, knowing she's be asking for SCC's services.
"Then, if I could make a wish, could you make me irresistible to the Crimson King?"
She pauses a bit, then realizes the vagueness of her words.
"In the sense of being very powerful! Ya know, act as tasty bait, but then have him realize the bait is actually a way bigger fish. Or shark."
>>
>>29772316
"Didn't see any other pirates on the way over here, lotta monsters and animals though. This whole island is set up to attack everything it feels."

As the fog rolls in, Cloud gives a groan.
"Come on, let us have a good night for once."
His eyes glow orange as he attempts to push away the bad weather.
>Climate Control [Fog-less Summer Night] [1d10]

>>29772353
"Living off the land did give some benefits. I was able to grow you pretty well."
>>
>>29772395

"Wh-what do those things have to do with each other?" Cutlass blushes.
>>
>>29772401
"I learned a lot of shaman magic. You think normal spells could pull off that kind of greatness?"
>>
>>29772381
"Wait!" G&G interjects. "Wishes of power are always the most dangerous. You might want to make that a sacrificial wish."

SCC grunts. "You're ruining the fun. But, you're not wrong either. But people who are right usually ruin the fun. Wishes have their costs, whether collected later, or now. Sometimes, you can pay it upfront, by sacrificing something very precious to you as you make your wish, and avoid having to pay the price much later."

>>29772395
>>29772372
>>29772360
>>29772353
Just as quickly as it arrived, the spooky fog that most likely foreshadowed something bad was about to happen starts to roll back into the trees. Alder hears faint the faint gnashing of teeth, and starts feeling as though icy pins were being stuck into his spine, making his feathers all stand up on end. In the receding fog, Rin notices sets of lights, swinging back and forth, side to side, like pendulums. They remind her of the pantherlike creature they fought in the Gusties' trial.

>>29772380
>>29772381
>>29772401
>>29772360
Cutlass enters the hut of Elder Guts and Glory, where she sees him, SCC, Alder, Cerulean and Rin. SCC raises a hand and smiles in greeting, but then his smile droops. "Oh right, you already used your wishes. Well, whaddya want?"

>>29772372
"Kind of a vague wish, but this has given me a good idea," SCC says, pointing at the flower in your feathers. "That's the flower of Tartarus. And so, fortune smiles upon you."

Merryflower Root
>A shamanic whistle carved from a pale root with a hard exterior. Inside are the bones of serpents, and at the end is a phoenix's feather.

>Upon critfailing a healing roll, roll 1d3. If the roll is 2 or 3, the spell fails but doesn't inflict a wound. On 1, it inflicts a wound as normal.
>>
>>29772411

"It's not like you couldn't have learned shamanic magic without living in the woods," Cutlass objects.

>>29772456

Cutlass storms in with urgency on her face and anger in her voice. "I demand to know what is happening right now! No one is controlling these demons. And, they're obviously getting more bold. What are they doing here, and why are you just living here with them? And, don't give me that Breezie nonsense. Neither of you are obviously in charge of these things."
>>
>>29772456
Rin continues getting closer as she hides away from whatever may be nearby, she feels her blood already flowing with excitement as she stalks the lights.

>Perception: Inspect lights further
[1d10+1]
>>
>>29772456
"Hrm." he mumbles to himself a little as he looks the flute over. With a bit of work, he threads it through his necklace's string, letting it slide in next to his stone claw. He slips it back on, before shivering a little and trying to shake out the awful sensation out "U-Uhm... sacrifice... Oooh! Could I sacrifice my last wish for hers to go through better, o-or would that be playing the rules badly?"
>>
>>29772456
"Something precious? Well, there is my hunting ground back home that I fought tooth and scale for; would that count?"
She thinks some more.
"Or you mean something like me keeping how much I eat in check?"
>>
>>29772456
"There we go, finally a break. Let's get back to eating."

>>29772497
"And where else could you learn that kinda stuff."
Cloud gives her horn a little flick before she storms off to the others.
"Betcha can't match anything I've done yet."
>>
>>29772578

"Is that a magical challenge?" Cutlass asks, raising an eyebrow.
>>
>>29772647
"I haven't seen you do any magic yet, so yea."
Cloud says arrogantly.
>>
>>29772531
"Unfortunately, you can't," SCC says. "The wish isn't precious to you, since it's something that, until a couple hours ago, was not available to you. It's not a sacrifice unless it deeply hurts every part of your being to part with. That's the nature of Tartarus."

>>29772536
"Does it pain you to part with it?" SCC asks, a covetous, greedy tone underlying his words as he extends his hand. "Does a voice deep in your heart tell you not to turn it over? Does the very thought of losing it make you flinch? If so, it's more than enough..."

"Be-a careful. If it's not enough, it may-a still backfire," G&G warns, glaring at SCC.

>>29772511
The faint glow illuminates vague shapes in the fog. They somewhat resemble Loa, but they look sleeker, more like fish, and wave about subtly like seaweed.

>>29772497
"You're-a more perceptive than the other outsiders, and-a even the Misties," Guts and Glory says. "No, the children of Bakunawa are under nopony's control. The spirit of the island itself is ill at ease, because of the curse upon us. But that is a matter between our tribes and the island's spirit, not for outsiders."

>>29772536
>>29772531
>>29772497
"I am-a sure all this philosophical talk and-a history has bored you, pirates," Guts and Glory says. "I thank you that you have abstained from causing trouble here, which the Misties no doubt sent you to do. I cannot-a ask you to fight this demon on our behalf... I'd already planned on dissipating this curse by wiping out the Misties' tribe. Go and tell them if you like; they've already written us off as heartless devil-worshippers, and so this information would not come as a surprise to them. Though, you are also welcome to stay here until morning."

>>29772578
As you eat, some of the pirates from the Blackbarrel crew approach you. "Oi, batpony... a word. You ain't seen any of our crew pokin' about the island, have ye? Few of our lads been missin' a while, and we were hopin' you'd have seen or smelled 'em around."
>>
>>29772659

"Racist," Cutlass says accusingly before leaving to the hut.

>>29772691
>>29772536
>>29772531

Cutlass rolls her eyes and looks to the others. "Let me guess, we can't just leave without doing something about this mess?"
>>
>>29772691
Cloud thinks on their trip across their island.
"Hmm, can't say I've seen or sensed any other ponies around. We saw some monkeys and dinosaurs..." He pauses a moment, "Wait, we did see some skeletons in pirate outfits. I, er, don't suppose the were already like that?"
>>
>>29772691
"Well...not so much my hunting turf since I could just take over a new one and all. But to eat so much and try to work it all off...."
She looks down.
"But...if I'm strong enough to make a meal of this Crimson King, then I can just get myself a hunting ground so big, it'll all be okay. Right?"

She reaches up, just about to touch SCC's hand, but then backs away.
"But...you're sure on this? That this demon will undo the curse if I chomp on him hard enough?"
>>
>>29772691
"So... ye send your evil spirits here against the gusties to keep this war burnin' between them... Let's see how you feel when I cut your Loa apart!" Rin thinks to herself, uncorking a bottle to drink while watching the loa closely in case they make a move.

>Last Strawberry Daiquiri: Gives +1 to physical actions (attacks, dodges, climbing) for 3 turns

>Perception: Close watch
[1d10+1]
>>
>>29772691
"Hrm... drat. I suppose it would be too easy, would it not... I can not think of anything else to offer." He frowns a little, before looking over
>>29772762
"P-Please, Cerluean, d-do be careful. T-Though, I will try my best to help, should you go through with it."
>>
>>29772750
"Nah, nah, we already saw those skeletons, and we haven't been on the island long enough for our crewmates being picked down to the bone, if they were dead. Thanks anyway. Are ye marooned here, or here by choice? And where's yer crew headed?"

>>29772716
"Actually, if you WERE to do something about this mess, and I am contractually obligated to recommend you NOT interfere with the fate of this island by getting involved with this mess, the best thing would be to leave," SCC says.

"He is actually right," Guts and Glory says. "By what this genie has said, the demon that has put the curse on our tribe is no longer here, but within the Ribcage itself. How he has ended up there, or what he's after, I have no idea."

>>29772762
"Demons are no simple matter to deal with, especially one as strong as the Crimson King," G&G warns. "Brute force is only one component to dealing with a demon. To tame him and force him to break these shackles is another matter entirely."

>>29772762
A dark feeling rings round your heart, and for a moment, your muscles flex and then relax. You have a vague sense of something rushing up, boiling within you, but it is subdued, contained and shackled, yet pounding at the walls of its cage.

"Of course, it's hardly compelling to just ASK for more power," SCC says. "You still gotta tame it, gotta earn it, before you can call it yours. Thanks for the sacrifice though-- the more of those I do, the shorter my sentence becomes."

>>29772792
You completely lose sight of the lights, as they sink into the fog. In order to attack them, you'd need to enter the fog and make a perception roll with a -2 penalty. However, the fog doesn't seem to extend past the boundary of the village.
>>
>>29772873
"Oh, then they're probably lost. Not surprising, with fog and trees popping up all over the place without warning you really can't track your way around. Stopping off to restock on food after some fish creatures rotted up all our supplies. We were just passing through on our way to the Ribcage, but now we're caught up in all this Misitie and Gustie feud. "
>>
>>29772873
Rin growls before leaping into the fog, attempting to slice apart the Loa. "Get back here!" She roars.

>Dual
[1d10+2]
[1d10+2]

>Slice n Dice
[1d10+2]

>Perception
[1d10-1]
>>
>>29772873
>>29772852
>>29772792
>>29772762

Cutlass grins. "Then, it sounds to me like the best thing we can do is just leave. How long until you all die?" she asks the G&G. "I would like to take your valuables after you're gone."
>>
>>29772873
"Hrm... w-well, do you feel any different, Cerulean?" he asks, cocking his head as he checks her over "It does not look like much has changed."
He turns to the pirates, and shrugs "By choice. We were here for treasure, if memory serves us correct. Though, we have not found much in the way of treasure, aside from SCC's cave."
He looks back towards SCC, before asking "So... if we found this ribcage place interesting, could you give us directions? It seems interesting, and I am rather curious."
>>
>>29772852
"No worries," she says smiling reassuringly to Alder, "the ocean is violent and unpredictable, so it takes being the toughest around to survive in it. I'll be able to handle anything that happens."

>>29772873
Cerulean grins to G&G.
"Then no worries. Cause if there's one thing I'm good at, its brute forcing something into submitting!"

As SCC works his magic and explains everything, Cerulean shudders at the odd feeling.
"Feels like...how I get when I smell blood in the water. Also making me feel hungry."
She grabs some fruit nearby, clearly not caring that it isn't meat, and begins to eat it vigorously.
"Welp, I dunno how to do this taming power stuff, but I'm sure I'll figure it out when I need to."
She unknowingly grabs the platter the fruit was on and chomps into that, shrugs, then keeps eating said platter.
>>
>>29772907
The pirate puts down his mead with a grave severity. "The Ribcage, eh? And ye've not jumped ship yet? Well, I'd stick close to the lifeboat if you can. My guess is that your captain found one of those so-called 'legendary maps' that can navigate a ship through the Ribcage? Ha! He'd only be the ten thousandth captain to have thought he could best that labyrinth. Mark my words, pal, ye're a lot better off abandoning them than sticking around."

>>29772927
"In twenty days!" SCC declares. Guts and glory, on the other hand, turns away, annoyed by the reminder of his encroaching mortality.

>>29772938
>>29772934
>>29772927
"I woooouuuuuld give you directions, but hey, with demons, you never know what's gonna piss 'em off, and I'd rather not risk extending my sentence any longer than it has been just from dancing around the information that I've shared," SCC says.

Guts and Glory sighs when you talk more about taking on the Crimson King. "Believe me-a that although it pains me to fight against the Misties, I-a will do it, and I-a will wipe them out, if it means that my tribe will survive through this terrible curse. If, within-a sixteen days, nothing has changed, or I hear no word from you that the Crimson King has been dealt with, I will lead my tribe into battle against the Misties, and secure our future."

>>29772923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsxhy_9iijg

As you leap into the fog, you slash at something that appears to be a Loa, but only ends up being a low-hanging branch. All around you are vague facelike shapes, but attempts at cutting them down reveal they were merely foliage, or tricks of the light.

As the fog envelops around you, you feel seaweed caressing your back, but as the sensation leaves you, cuts open up on your skin, chiseling off your scales.

>Rin 6/5
>roll again with -2 penalty
>>
>>29772938
Alder smiles a little, reassured, before giving her a quick hug "Good. Should anything feel off, I might have a mixture or two to help ease pains, or to calm the mind."
>>29772927
>>29772907
"Hrm..." he cocks his head to the side "Mister Shear, should we stay the night here first? Or head for the Ribcage now?"
>>
>>29772991
"Well, I think you've done enough at this point, I would say," Cerulean says, this time watching where her hoof goes as she takes another piece of fruit, proceeding to eat it.

"And alright, Elder, but no worries. I'm sure we'll get that Crimson jerk beaten down enough he won't be able to tread water."

>>29772994
She pats Alder on the head, even as she continues to eat.
"Well, I'm just feeling very hungry right now. But good thing they've been nice enough with these parties and all."
>>
>>29772991
"How bad could it be? I can work the weather around so we'll have smooth sailing all through it, and besides that once we get whatever treasure is in there I won't have to work again after this."

>>29772994
"The suns going down, and while that doesn't bother me, I'm not heading out into that forest at night. I'm sleeping before I go anywhere else."
>>
>>29772991
Rin hisses lightly at the pain, growling as she peers through the fog again. "If ye don't come out of hiding... I'll have to bring ye out myself!" She shouts, swinging out at the fog as she uses her new power.

>Wenches & Mead: (+2 bonus) Can use this power to steal something from an object - Steal moisture in the fog to lift it.
[1d10+3]

>Slice n' Dice: Slice blindly
[1d10+1]

>Perception
[1d10-1]
>>
>>29772991
"Mmm, I understand. Thanks for what you could do, Mister Classic." He hums a little bit, before blinking "W-Well... our captain does still hold the map. That might be the best way to go about finding it. And, we shall try our best, Mister Guts n' Glor-Hmm?" he flicks his ears a little, before hurrying outside to check "O-Oh, goodness! Sorry I did not hear sooner, miss Rin!" he shouts, before fishing out a vial and chucking the vapor-filled bottle at her
>Natural Remedy: [1d10]
>>
>>29772991
>>29773010
>>29773029

"Oh, com ON!" Cutlass complains loudly. "You all are the worst pirates ever! This literally couldn't be easier. They're all going to die. We even know the exact time.Their stuff will be ripe for the taking! We'll be able to get there first. Why help them!? If it's for a reward, you can get whatever they were going to give us and more after they die!"
>>
>>29773054
"Well, I mean," she interrupts her thought with another bite of food, "there's a lot of spooky stuff happening, a lot of which they kinda control. I'd rather them on our side so our stay here is that much easier."
She smiles and rubs Cutlass' head like one would to a younger sibling.
"Work smarter, not harder."
>>
>>29773067

"They're idiots. They don't control anything. They said they don't control anything."

"And, working as little as possible is EXACTLY what I'm trying to get you all to do. Just let the situation play out and we benefit. We literally need to do nothing. They're ASKING us to do nothing. They aren't mad at us. They won't attack us."

"I just..." Cutlass throws her hooves up in the air in exasperation. "I don't understand!"
>>
>>29773079
"But just sitting around is boring. If I wanted to sit and do nothing, I would've just stayed home."
>>
>>29773016
"Oh I saw yer little shaman parlor trick. If ye think that'll be enough to shake through the Ribcage's opening, ye've in for a bloody heaving. EVERYTHING about that place devours ships, whether the water currents that change on a whim, the gale winds that toss ye about each way, or the corals and bones that shred the ships and any poor lads that are too close to the edges. I'm tellin' ye as a fellow pirate who wants to see a good strong rival out on the seas, alive: Stay far from that wretched place."

>>29773054
>>29773029
>>29773010
>>29772994
Guts and Glory's melancholy frown turns into a snarl as Cutlass rants. Not bothering to look her in the eye, he flicks his wrist at her, and a torrent of wind, like that of a concentrated tornado, launches her out of his hut and tosses her out onto the grass, much to the amusement of the other pirates.

"There are no-a riches to be taken from here, bottom feeder," G&G spits. "There is only the drive of a people who wish-a to live. Make no mistake that the Blackbarrel pirates, who are-a already with me, will butcher you along with the Misties if you sit about until the day that we must fight to save our people. If you wish to pillage, return to the streets of the brothel that spawned you."

>>29773028
>>29773029
Alder heals Rin's minor injuries as she swings at the fog. As it fades away, you two see a Loa creature, its wooden face sleeker and more fishlike, standing before Rin, with a swaying pony's body composed of seaweed. It holds a sword made of seaweed as well, and has a low-hanging conical hat made of a seashell. It stands relaxed and poised, but steps further back into the receding fog, lowering its sword into a mid stance.

[1d10+2]

>Paused
>>
>>29773081

"That's... that's the opposite of 'work smarter, not harder'..." Cutlass mutters, more amazed than annoyed at this point.

"What have I gotten myself into..."
>>
>>29773101
Eh
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.