[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst thing to happen in mlp ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

What's the worst thing to happen to the series, what would you reverse in MLP if you could
>>
>>29770099
Extending it beyond the first season.
>>
>>29770099
Nice trible dubs. I'd have to say Equestria Girls.
>>
savage asf
>>
>>29770099
I wonder if I start filtering your filenames, will I stop seeing your terribad faggot threads

I notice it's always a string of numbers and letters, but they're never the same
>>
Bronies
>>
>>29770099
Make it end after the first season.
>>
>>29770099
Past Sins
>>
slice of life
>>
>>29770099
Twilicorn
>>
>>29770099

Twilight becoming an alicorn.

It fucked things up so badly they had to put in a Sparkle Jr. to compensate.
>>
File: 248.png (253KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
248.png
253KB, 680x383px
>>29770099
>>29770111
>>
>>29770099
Faust stepping down as creator/director.

I won't deny her work had some issues and not everything she wrote was gold, but she provided an important counterbalance and driver for continuity of lore and the world. I suspect (can't prove, of course, but suspect) that would have extended to much greater continuity of characterization as well.
>>
File: 33001.png (10KB, 640x268px) Image search: [Google]
33001.png
10KB, 640x268px
>>29770099
Cadance, Alicorn Twilight and Flurry Heart.
>>
>>29770099
Cadence. Her character is so flat, and she has ruined the Crystal Empire as a setting. By all means, it should be a wondrous and interesting place, but she always has to be involved, and she is just a wet blanket to any plot.

She was only interesting in Canterlot Wedding because of Chrysalis.

She'd be better if she was just a unicorn. It'd change absolutely nothing about the show.
>>
>>29770575
When was the Crystal Empire ever a good setting?
>>
M.A. Larson leaving
>>
>>29770663
It wasn't, because Cadence tainted it from the beginning. But crystal ponies, ancient history crossed with myth, King Sombra... by all means, that should have turned out well.
>>
>>29770099
Starshit Glim-glam.
>>
>>29770099
Flurry Heart.
>>
File: 1490364845597.gif (2MB, 511x287px) Image search: [Google]
1490364845597.gif
2MB, 511x287px
first i wnt to make it clear that my opinion is just based on 4th generation program and comics. i didnt watch any of other generation.

1.the worst thing was showing other species more than ponies. its seriously worse than racism. season 1 episode4 had blown my mind at first. cows and sheeps are used as livestock by horses even when they can talk their thinking and make their own decision. and horses lock them behind the fence. what the fuck.

other species are described as just uneducated and sometimes savage.

did you see the official comics about vilians?

especially sombra was shadow pony who thought he was ordinary pony. when he found his racial difference and the princess knew wholething and ignored his pain, he instantly killed her
and then he spread her pieces all over the equestria.

it is described as every shadow ponies are born with great hatred to all and muderous rampage but sombra always wanted to join and love others. and ponies especially princess didnt accept it finally making him a monster.

2.character of discord is messed up too because although he had many relationship with others before he turned into a rock and he was almost always loved by females such as acient egypt leader and so on.

but there was no friendship.

what the fuck is that mean.

there was literally no concept for friendship until twilight finds it because it is a magic. the beard whatever had spent long time with celestia and hung out with her. and he didnt understand friendship until he fucking died.

the point of whole show is stupid because they made friendship as magic. and vise versa. magic is friendship. literally.
tireck took every magic and twilight recovered her power by thinking friendship. fuck you. stop it. please dont make bullshits...
>>
File: 1490390065922.jpg (856KB, 1000x915px) Image search: [Google]
1490390065922.jpg
856KB, 1000x915px
whenever mane characters talking about friendship, its just sound like friendship is some kind of privilege or fucking secret code of atomic bomb so they can blew other species when they tries to across the border.

3. for comedy yeah i know that weird characteristic is easy way to achive it.
but those mane 6 have mental illness not just fucking different ways to think.

adhd hallucinating identity disorder....

and more than that they dont care about their friends.

they always hurt other's pride in their own expertise or just ignore.

4-12 was crazy. they totally ignores in front of her what pinkie pie had been pursued about for her life.

6-22 was funny but also sad.

applejack always thinks pinkie pie is weird and just leave her that way.
pinkie pie sees things which dont exist and still thinks that her friends are able to understand her because they know how she expresses her thoughts.

maybe im just freaking out because i have adhd and depression a few times and i know that people cant understand us.
my parents just cant understand me which was so mad and sad.

but when people you know and they know who and why you suffer from turn back on you , that is horrible.

for same reason in eqg pinkie pies dementioum mind haunted me. i was so upset that people think many mental illed people as just insane.

anyway yeah these are what i thinks since i see the first episode and why i love pinkie pie personally.
>>29771295
>>
>>29770099
Leaving Sunset Shimmer stuck on Monster High land instead of making her the season 4 villain and a new mane member for season 5 onwards. There would no need for Starshit.
>>
>>29770575
I can't get over of how terrible of a character Cadance is (and Flurry too). For one, she's exactly the type of character that Lauren Faust loathes, and makes it a personal issue to NOT include this type of character on any of her works. But Hasbro executive meddling forced Cadance in, behind Faust's back. She only found out when the Canterlot Wedding episode aired, and was surprised as any of us. I don't know how she reacted, but the fact that she quit her "consultant producer" position shortly afterwards tells something.
>>
File: cadance.png (11KB, 1244x113px) Image search: [Google]
cadance.png
11KB, 1244x113px
>>29771365
Hasbro didn't add her, she just wasn't an alicorn.
>>
File: takethatbitch.jpg (2MB, 1671x1654px) Image search: [Google]
takethatbitch.jpg
2MB, 1671x1654px
>>29771391
She wasn't a princess either. But she's pink, and for Hasbro, pink+princess=$$$$. Who cares that her very existence fucks up the canon?

Cadance is toxic, everything she touches turns to shit. The Crystal Empire is boring because of her as >>29770575 pointed out. She shits up the concept of alicorns. They're supposed to be wise, powerful beings that are what only the most worthy ponies could ever have hope on becoming, and Cadance certainly doesn't fit any of the criteria, she's just there, there's nothing on her that makes her deserving of her position. It's preposterous to claim that she deserves to be on the same standing as the other princesses.
>>
File: 1486770150913.gif (140KB, 400x245px) Image search: [Google]
1486770150913.gif
140KB, 400x245px
>>29771365
The nice thing about deleting Cadence is that Flurry would be gone too. Since when has adding a baby added anything to a show? If she were just a normal baby, she'd be a fine minor side character - we could have some cute moments of Auntie Twilight and whatnot. But she's an alicorn, which inherently makes her important and impossible to ignore.

Whose idea was this?
>>
>>29770099
Candace being introduced as the third alicorn ruined the aura of mystique around alicorns for me. She should have just been a unicorn princess, that'd have been fine. I'd have been fine with Twilight becoming an alicorn if it was handled better, since it is clear from the beginning that Celestia is grooming her for something. Flurry Heart is completely irredeemable.
>>
>>29771622
Toy marketing people, no doubt.
>>
>>29770235
this
>>
>>29770486
this a thousand times. Only two (2) Alicorns
>>
>>29771680
I would be fine with neither Cadance nor Twilight becoming alicorns
>>
>>29771680
Also, if Twilight was to become an alicorn, it should have happened in the last or second to last season. Then they could have either ended on it and not dealt with the writing issues it posed, or had one season with her actually struggling to balance her personal life and responsibilities as princess, and when that's resolved the show ends.
>>
>>29771691
It's baffling. How many Cadence toys do they even sell? It seems kids are more interested in the actual characters they see on screen rather than pretty pink princesses.

Besides the talking baby toy, how much Flurry Heart merch will they even sell?
>>
>>29771716
I don't know Anon, I just don't know.
>>
>>29770235
>>29771696

Yes.
>>
>>29771712
And if you do that but get renewed for at least 4 more seasons after it's finalized?
>>
>>29771725
Then you end up with a worse show, and the writers struggling to write themselves out of a corner with stupid gimmicks, like now.

Stories that have a beginning, middle, and end are fundamentally more flexible, and generally better, than shows that need to be written for an uncertain / ongoing run.
>>
>>29770099
Nothing. Nothing bad has ever happened
>>
>>29771798
What was it like being in a coma for so long?
>>
>>29770099
Applejack should have just bought the machine from Flim & Flam, or leased it with an agreement to share the profits or something.
>>
>>29771800
>horsefucker from 2012 /mlp/ goes into coma
>wakes up into 2017 /mlp/
>board now loves Twilicorn, EQG, Nyx, this strange new "glim glam" character
>culture shock
>>
>>29770099
Other anons mentioned most of the big stuff so I'll just leave this here
>>
It was created.
>>
Starlight Glimmer ruined the show

Season 1 was the best, Season 2 was good, Season 3 was bad, Season 4 was "okay"

The past two seasons have been absolute shit
>>
up
>>
>>29770099
>>
>>29770099
It's kind of hard to pinpoint one specific event that stands out above the others. At this point, it's more like a series of mishaps and blunders that keep costing the integrity of the show.

If I was forced to pick just one; anyone who works on the show, but doesn't watch every episode. That shit is inexcusable and results in repetitious events in character arcs or straight up bad writing.
>>
>>29772671
Have any of the writers been confirmed to not have watched the whole show?
>>
>>29771798
This.
>>
Twilicorn and Sunset Shimmer
>>
>>29772017
M8 season 5 was topnotch, I'd place it on a level with 2.
>>
>>29770099
I guess I'm the only one who thought Discords reformation was more egregious than starlight glimmer or Flurry Heart.
>>
>>29773464
He was probably the only good villain.
>>
>>29770099
I'd reverse the entire show. Fuck this shit. While it originally brought happiness to a lot of people, it then turned into a cancerous meme that spread everywhere, then it turned into a shitshow and its fandom went up in flames, then it had a year long hiatus, then slow seasonal rot as Faust's legacy fades more and more every year while the fandom shrinks more and more. The oldfags are left reminiscing the old seasons while the newfags wait in dread what hole Miller will rape next.

That or it should've ended after season 1. But then we'd be left mourning the early and quick death of a wonderful cartoon. It simply would've been best for everyone (except the jews at Hasbro) if it had never existed.
>>
File: S02E14.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
S02E14.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>29770099
derpy censorship
>what do
not censor derpy
>>
>>29771680
There should be a rule that the power of an alicorn is directly proportional to what they achieved at the point of their ascension

JUST tier
Cadance, Flurry heart, Sci-Twi

Get fucked tier
Starlight

Fuck my shit up tier
Twilight

Now we're talking tier
Sunset

Celestia and Luna are ancient, and Faust originals, so ratings don't apply to them
>>
>>29772753
We know at least some of them don't. M.A. Larson complained about this exact issue in an interview a while back. Obviously he's not going to talk shit about co-workers in a public interview, so he didn't name anyone in particular.

On the other hand, he did mention G.M. Berrow as someone who not only watched it all, but has basically the entire series memorized.
>>
>>29771855
rip
>>
>>29770099
I can deal with Twi and Cadence having wings. I can even deal with that newborn abomination.

I just cannot deal with Starlight Glimmer. Every episode she appears in is tainted by her cancerous presence. Words cannot describe my loathing for this useless character.
>>
>>29773854
Here's a better idea. Make so that being an alicorn does NOT come with the godhood/immortality package. They have to prove themselves worthy to get those. That way, Candyass and Mcflurry are only cosmetic alicorns, and that's what they will ever be. Twilight began as a cosmetic alicorn, but she has a good shot of getting the "god" package. Sunset, if she ever gets her wings, should receive the full package on the spot, just to show that she's above some generic pink princesses with no personality or substance. I don't know about Starlight, she should be above the pink eyesores, but far below Twilight or Sunset
>>
>>29770099
flash sentry
>>
>>29770099
Two. They just had to add princesses with no development and their need to reform every last villain on the show. Both are a death sentence to characters since it makes the character boring and they constantly get written into dead ends because the writers can't think of what else to do with them.
>>
>>29771705
>two (2)
Why is it convention to put the numeral after typing out a number?
>>
>>29770099
>What's the worst thing to happen to the series, what would you reverse in MLP if you could
the fandom
we couldn't leave well enough alone
we had to make it popular enough to keep going after S3
we made it mainstream and grossed out the world with our obsession over these ponies
>>
>>29771855
and now Twilight is dating Timber, which is something you yell out when felling a tree
>>
>>29775096
The truth is that the show is a zombie, it was supposed to have ended on S3, but they decided to keep it alive because of it's popularity. Only EqG was supposed to continue existing, taking after where the show left.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk8BmQW1X1g
>When I was writing that script it was the end of the show, that was the final episode
>And then 2 or 3 months after I turned in my locked script:
>Surpise, season 4!
>But I was done, so I was like oh yikes good luck Meghan
>How are you gonna continue now, cause the shows done
>My script ended with the book closing again
>>
>>29770099
>What's the worst thing to happen to the series, what would you reverse in MLP if you could
It's been said several times or at least implied, but the alicorn plague. Luna and Celestia (and Sombra) would be the only alicorns that have appeared. I would prefer Twilight NOT become a princess, but maybe it could be implied (or outright stated) that Celestia is trying to unlock some great power she senses in Twilight. Save them wings for a problem that deserves it.

If you're going to actually do it, finish everyone else's arcs first, then Twilight's, then do a relaunch with Twilight playing a guiding, Celestia-like role to the new cast, maybe after a time skip. Fans get a good story arc, Hasbro gets new toys to shill (including their new princess toy), everyone's happy.
>>
I wish Nightmare forms are what could happen if someone powerful were overtaken by bitterness and hatred. It fits within the themes of show.
>>
what about slice of life?
>>
>>29770099
>Princess ex machina aka Cadance
>completly ignoring Luna
>Twilights princess hood
>destruction of OakLibrary
>Christal Empire
>Flurry heart
>>
Either Starshit or Flurry Heart (aka insta alicorn)
>>
>>29776625
Cadance is also an insta alicorn.

>Inb4 the book
It only showed how much bullshit it was. Ascension for... hugging a sad witch? It was that easy? Any of the mane 6 accomplished far more than that, where's their wings and horns? If it is that easy then Equestria should be drowning on alicorns, because if there's something that Equestria isn't in short of, it's good natured ponies that are eager to help others.
>>
>>29770099
S3 finale.
>>
>>29770099
Letting Hasbro take advantage of its popularity, by enslaving the writers into doing what the chart says as opposed to the original creative vision.
>>
>>29770099
Making entertainment a human industry rather than having an AI make it tailored to my interests.
If we taking current year, then I'd say removing Faust.
>>
Flurry heart being born, it is the cherry on the shitty shake that MLP's turning into.
>>
File: 568567.png (262KB, 1004x1080px) Image search: [Google]
568567.png
262KB, 1004x1080px
>>29770126
its a non-board user saving shit from google searches. funny how quick idiots are willing to jump all over this bait to shit out their pessimistic opinions each and every time.
>>
Lauren Faust leaving because of her lack of freedom, the show would have probably played out so much better if she was in full control.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.