[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So you hate newfags, but you also hate that the fandom is declining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

So you hate newfags, but you also hate that the fandom is declining in the amount of people?
>>
>>29762184
Newfags need to lurk and learn the culture before they post, but aside from that there's no problem with them.
>>
>>29762191
This.

Now fuck off with the screenshots
>>
>>29762191
This.

And not all fans need to post here. Newfags are fine over at EQD and Fimfiction and dA, which is where most of them go. I'd hazard a guess and say that most of the """newfags""" here are /r/cringeanarchy faggots trying to find new ebin screencaps to get their upboats.
>>
>>29762184
Hell, I didn't start posting here until October of last year. But I lurked for a long time before I did.

Watching Pony Thread Simulator counts as lurking, r-right?
>>
File: (You).gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
(You).gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>29763247
>>
>>29762191
>>29762208
I've been here since around the time the board was created, and there is no culture

If anything, the "culture" of this board is one to fight against, this is the home of fandom fans who I will never stop crusading against
>>
File: 84b.jpg (77KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
84b.jpg
77KB, 700x700px
>>29762184
>So you hate newfags
No, I don't hate newfags. I hate when newfags don't lurk for months like the rest of us had to (>implying not from /co/ days) so that they can properly integrate themselves into our culture, how we talk, the things we say, the ways we act, etc... I mostly blame the spoonfeeders. When a newfag gets spoonfed, they learn that they can post more to find out information rather than keeping quiet so they can find out the information over a period of time that gets them to figure out how to properly behave.

There are anons here who know about Felix and Jin, yet post :3 sideways face emoji things in the same post. This is because they learn the memes through spoonfeeding rather than lurking.
Lurking ---> Learning the memes + Learning Board Culture
Being Spoonfed --> Learning the memes - Learning Board Culture

Other than that, newfags are great, it shows that the show and community still have things that are still interesting about it, and appealing to people on the outside.

Tl;Dr: Newfags are fine as long as they lurk. Spoonfeeding ruins the proper integration of newfags onto 4chan.
>>
>>29763410
What you mean is
>"All criticism is bad, I will endeavor to conquer this board and fill it with EQD refugees!"
>>
>>29762191
>>29762208
>>29763472
Fuck off back to >>>/b/.

A cancerous oldfag like Sethisto still persisting for an entire decade is much worse than a newfag who comes and goes.
>>
>>29763254
>(You)fags in charge of what's a good post
>>
>>29762184
I don't care if newfags have bad mannerisms, and in most cases I can't even tell oldfags from newfags.
I only hate newfags because they're newfags. Like what the fuck dude? The fandumb has been around for almost a decade and now, all of a sudden, you decide to join the fracas?
Also, newfags are more prone to liking the cancerous aspects of this board (EqG/humanised, CYOA's, "i want pinkie pie to cum marshmallow frosting in between my toes", etc.) so that's another point against them.
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-28+at+09.19.19).png (582KB, 781x487px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-28+at+09.19.19).png
582KB, 781x487px
https://pastebin.com/t1WxGpzm
>>
File: 1489877004492.jpg (1MB, 2048x2002px) Image search: [Google]
1489877004492.jpg
1MB, 2048x2002px
>>29763481
Yah and you know what's better than a newfag who comes and goes
A newfag who lurks until they're ready to post so that we don't notice the newfaggotry. Anon, the whole point of >lurk moar is so that we don't have to deal with you until you're ready to not act like a newfag. If you don't act like a newfag, then who gives a shit. That's more people who know what the fuck they are talking about on this site.
Newfags are not the enemy, spoonfeeding is the enemy.
>not liking Trixiefag
You could argue that, but that does nothing for me in terms of what I said is wrong. Newfags are the best when they lurk and then post when they understand /mlp/. Newfags are cancer when they are spoonfed and post. Whether or not you think spoonfed newfags are better than Seth doesn't challenge the lurk thing I'm talking about.
>>
File: 1349827747692.jpg (45KB, 718x565px) Image search: [Google]
1349827747692.jpg
45KB, 718x565px
Because of newfags this board is 90% greentext shitheaps and pointless "hurr what do?" threads. And newfags don't do their own thing, they just replicate what they think is the norm. It's quite literally cancer.
>>
>>29763500
>26/30 are season 1 episodes
If this is a ranking in terms of best to worst, you are the biggest faustfag I've ever seen. Not that I mean that in a bad way, season 1 was good, but holy shit anon that is a LOT of season 1.
>>
>>29763516
I wouldn't say that this board is 90% dumb shit due to newfags. I would say that 90% of newfags on this board post dumb shit
>>
File: 1478583490286.png (892KB, 761x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1478583490286.png
892KB, 761x1096px
Maybe if they lurk before posting and what-not and prevent acting dumb bitching about stupid shit all the time then we won't hate them. Not that they're all bad because some learn, but We were all newfags once and look at us now.

Some of them are just as bad as people who "leave the fandom" because of how it is instead of drowning themselves with autism.

Also this >>29763516
>>
>>29763508
Will you fuck off with your hypocrism, you braindead moron?
What's the fucking point of learning to integrate into a culture of mental retards fresh off /b/? What's the fucking point of learning all your mentally retarded inside jokes and driving an idiot to become a degenerate entitled and ignorant idiot? What's the point of lurking if nobody on this fucking board can behave like a functional member of society. You question intellectuals, you stay in denial and you promote the idea that being an ignorant degenerate is a good thing.

On this board or even on this entire site the reference "lurk more" actually means "Sorry we're too idiotic and uncultivated to answer a normal question, please google it and come back with the answer so you may spoonfeed the entire board instead". Fucking idiots. It's like I'm hanging out at one of those edge out of town high schools where everyone is a redneck, a person with severe home/life/mental issues or a generally shit person who never opened a book in his life.
>>
>>29763516
No, that's because of fandom fans

You probably don't even watch the show, none of you stat posters do
You're fucking Lee, I wish I could choke the life out of you
>>
>>29763581
>entitled, petulant baby noises
The purpose of "lurk moar" is to get you to use that underdeveloped brain of yours to figure shit out for yourself. No one wants to spoonfeed a retard that wants to know where the settings panel on this site is because you literally have made no effort in finding it yourself if you have to ask.

Instant gratification isn't a thing here and you don't deserve it just because you're used to it.
>>
File: 704493.png (178KB, 618x640px) Image search: [Google]
704493.png
178KB, 618x640px
>>29763247
>Watching Pony Thread Simulator counts as lurking, r-right?
Fuck no, that's like showing someone how 4chan works by showing them screencaps. I seriously doubt people joined this site by doing either instead of actually lurking; who would do such a thing?
>>
File: 1488753576090.gif (2MB, 301x308px) Image search: [Google]
1488753576090.gif
2MB, 301x308px
>>29763581
>hypocrism
Explain what's hypocritical

Alright anon, so the entire basis behind the first part of your post is essentially this:
>newfags should not have to integrate into /mlp/'s board culture because /mlp/'s board culture is a culture that is degenerate and ignorant, and none of you can behave like a member of society
To that I'll respond with the following. On /mlp/ we are not trying to show how great we can be as members of society, we are not here to try to stimulate each other in intellect. If you believe that the purpose of this board is to avoid board culture, avoid the jokes we've created, the things that make this board fun and different from the comments sections of EQD, the site ponychan, the parts of the pony fanbase we rather not affiliate with, and replace that with discussion of us trying to prove how functional we are as members of society, then you are mistaken. I personally find the intellectual discussion threads very fun to contribute in, but if people here avoid board culture, with things like tripfagging, sideways emojis, using words like "clopping" "brony" "love and tolerate", make shitty threads in the attempt to get onto a PTS video, attentionwhore, other things, then you are the cancer that is destroying what makes this board different from most other aspects of pony.

>if anon tells you to lurk moar newfag, it means that he just doesn't know what something means and wants you to search it for him
No, it means you have to lurk moar newfag because if you don't understand certain givens, then you are too new. If you see a picture of spilt chocolate milk and don't know what it is, then don't ask. Lurk, because if you say you don't know what it is, we know that you're new and as a result, you don't know how to talk because you haven't spent enough time here.

Anon, I have no doubt in my mind you have no idea what this board is supposed to be, and I urge you to reconsider spending time here.
>>
>>29763622
He wasn't serious I think. But yes, pony thread simulators are not accurate representations of board culture and people who come to /mlp/ expecting PTS behavior will not get that.
>>
>>29763587
>fandom fans
I don't mind fandom fans as long as they are fans of the show as well. If you're a pony fan without watching pony, what makes you different from a fucking furry, right?

Horsefuckers, we like the show as the central them and engage our passion in the show in the community
Furries, their central theme IS the community.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.