[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh boy, I can't wait for the season 7!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 278
Thread images: 70

File: 768.png (348KB, 595x810px) Image search: [Google]
768.png
348KB, 595x810px
Oh boy, I can't wait for the season 7!
>>
>>29749489
блять
>>
File: 1477691745473.jpg (39KB, 492x380px) Image search: [Google]
1477691745473.jpg
39KB, 492x380px
>>29749489
How can AJ's parents be away if an apple never falls far from the tree?
>>
File: I really hate that man.png (562KB, 613x553px) Image search: [Google]
I really hate that man.png
562KB, 613x553px
>>29749489
>>
>>29749489
PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP
>>
File: lostapples.png (43KB, 1811x169px) Image search: [Google]
lostapples.png
43KB, 1811x169px
>>29749489
The only way it would be good is if it turned out that AJ's parents were total scumbags and Applebloom was too young to know it.
>>
File: 1488136176780.gif (505KB, 444x366px) Image search: [Google]
1488136176780.gif
505KB, 444x366px
>>29749624
I'm scared too, Anon. This episode better break my heart in the right way.

Or if they just don't explain anything. Like if Granny Smith just told the story of how the two got together, but implied nothing about before or after that. That'd be just perfect.
>>
"Oh hi ya'll we're back from our extended stay over at Aunt and Uncle Orange's!"

"Oh hi ma and pa, glad to see you back!"

"Yeah, how was your month away?"

You know this is going to happen.
>>
I wonder if we can see younger Braeburn's or Babs seed's parents or either aunt or uncle Orange and play some part for AJ's parents relationship.
They're all Granny Smith's children right?
>>
>>29749489
Having their parents be alive would be the worst misstep for me, personally. Likely not a deal breaker because I'm too far down the rabbit hole, but it would be an absolutely terrible decision. You don't say "If mom and dad were here, they'd be so proud of you." if they're still alive and just far away. You would say something more like; "Ah can't wait to see mom and dad's faces when they find out you got your cutie mark!"
"If soandso were here..." implies finality, and an inability for the mentioned person to be there for the foreseeable future.
So either the apple parents are POW's, lost on a desert island, in the witness protection program, or, you know, fucking dead.
>>
In the old days we'd be praying for them to tell us more about AJ's parents. Now we pray they leave them out of the picture entirely as not to fuck everything up. Things change.
>>
>>29749489

Jim should leave this show and never return to conventions if he actually fuck up that episode
>>
>>29750113
I'm >>29750033 and I agree. They could do it well, it's not out of the realm of possibility, they could legitimately have thought their parents were dead this whole time when they were actually off doing something else. I don't know what the fuck they could have been doing to miss out on their DAUGHTER GROWING UP, but it's /possible/. Unlikely, but possible. If they fuck it and >>29749883 is actually right, then no. Fuck Jim, he should disappear forever. Like AJ's parents.
>>
>>29749557
That is because they don't fall away, they are taken away.
>>
File: 1483980957706.jpg (262KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483980957706.jpg
262KB, 720x960px
>>29749489
>>
File: popcorn.gif (197KB, 293x199px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.gif
197KB, 293x199px
>ITT pessimistic idiots who don't look for facts
Don't mind me, I'm just enjoying all of the baseless and in most cases already proven false predictions.

I bet their parents are lesbians, too. Who's with me?
>>
>>29750550

I want to punch his face
>>
File: 1389050346317.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1389050346317.gif
2MB, 500x281px
> everyone has parents except applejack
> /mlp/ is OK with this
>>
>>29750917
>lel, the autists are butthurt because they don't want something like >>29749883, and I'm completely OK with it because I love everything with ponies on it, and even though it's been proven that the show is currently being run by retards who literally don't give a fuck about the show, I couldn't care less because I don't give a fuck either
Fuck yourself with a cactus.
>>
>>29751279
Quite frankly, that's the general problem with a notable fraction of the populace these days. There's no care or desire for quality as long as they continue getting their pastel colored horse fix every week.
>>
>>29750917
Hi shill
>>
File: 1489618609731.png (245KB, 850x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489618609731.png
245KB, 850x800px
Daily reminder
>>
>>29749489
>2015
Quality thread, thanks OP.
>>
>>29749489
This, but unironically
>>
File: 1436637753954.png (176KB, 334x329px) Image search: [Google]
1436637753954.png
176KB, 334x329px
Would they really have a dead parents episode with Jim "it's for the little girls" Miller on board? We ain't dealing with no real life problems here, kids are too stupid to understand that.
>>
File: Scoots10.png (111KB, 302x303px) Image search: [Google]
Scoots10.png
111KB, 302x303px
>>29750033
It doesn't even matter anymore. The show has had so many betrayals to the adult fans that it would be a drop in the bucket to have AJ's parents be alive out of the blue.

Seriously. What is there left to ruin that would still shock you? The CMC got their cutiemarks for having cutiemarks, Twilight is a princess, the Tree House is dead, Celestia has never won a fight, Luna didn't turn out cute, Cadence dumbs down the whole alicorn thing, a brother for Twilight out of nowhere, a total departure from the natural themes of the original show, Dash is a Wonderbolt, and Rarity runs boutiques in all the major cities.

Then what? Oh, AJ's parents are still alive? Who fucking cares, anon. It's so far past mattering.
>>
>>29751498
Lucky thing little girls never encounter or need to deal with real life problems, huh?
>>
File: optimismgone.jpg (12KB, 260x295px) Image search: [Google]
optimismgone.jpg
12KB, 260x295px
>>29751518
>a brother for Twilight out of nowhere
The show is so fucking broken that when Fluttershy got her own brother out of nowhere 4 years after ACW, no one asked "why the fuck does Fluttershy have a brother now?"

The exact same mistakes that were major fuckups years ago are considered perfectly normal things now because we've been seeing worse and worse fuckups all these years.
>>
File: C40kSYpUEAEmnRw.jpg (86KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C40kSYpUEAEmnRw.jpg
86KB, 768x1024px
>>29750550
Jim's current look.
I don't know what style he was aiming for but now he looks like the creepiest pedophile ever.
>>
>>29751546
It's easy, once they grow up they don't watch the show anymore and have no memories of it whatsoever, the audience is always just little girls, so they don't have to put lessons other than "you can be a princess too" in the show. Growing up, dealing with responsibilities, having to let go, experiencing any sort of loss or mistreatment, understanding yourself and discovering how to deal with unfair things in life - it's just not what little girls will EVER do.
>>
>>29751518
>a brother for Twilight out of nowhere
This was such a fucking stab in the back for me at the time that I still can't take him seriously, he and Cadance are to this day not legit characters for me.
>>
File: glimmy worried.png (322KB, 376x768px) Image search: [Google]
glimmy worried.png
322KB, 376x768px
>everybody who has worked on this show in season 1-3 has stated AJ's parents are supposed to be dead
>everybody except Jim Miller
>Jim Miller is the director now
>everybody else has left the show

I'm usually super optimistic about this show, I liked S6, I even liked Glimmer, but if AJ's parents aren't dead then I don't think the show can recover from that. This goes beyond "muh headcanon" situation. Pinkie Pie, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy's parents live out of town, and Rarity purposefully distances herself from her family, but the Apples are supposed to be super tight knit. How do you possibly explain where they've been the whole time and have it not come across as super out of character?
>>
File: 1352945576228.gif (985KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
1352945576228.gif
985KB, 500x337px
>>29751575
>he and Cadance are to this day not legit characters for me.
Nothing ever became of them. Yeah, they now rule the equally-from-nowhere Crystal Kingdom, but when you look at the Crystal Kingdom it also has no place and no meaning. Its biggest impact on the setting was that they held the Equestrian Games there, which is plain stupid if it's an analogue for the Olympic Games because the Olympic Games demand a level of financial stability that the Crystal Empire could not have. That's getting a little nit-picky, but the point is that the Crystal Empire setting serves no purpose and nothing comes from there. Things go to there, but there's no reason why except because Twilight's family is there now.

They still aren't legit characters because being vehicles for exposition isn't character development. Having a baby doesn't develop them as characters. Even their baby doesn't act like a baby.
>>
>>29751576
>The show can't recover from AJ's parents being alive
How do you fucking figure? If AJ's parents are alive there'll be some asshole sitting in every thread insisting up and down that nobody ever said it out loud. The anons that finally quit watching the show will shuffle out quietly because outrage has produced zero results over the span of multiple years.
>>
>>29751576
Well that's why headcanons are dumb. Everyone wanted to believe AJs hat was super special to her, a memento from her father. And look how that turned out. Something she won from a fair and now has a closet full of them
>>
>>29751602
Crystal Empire is like a siberian Gulag that undesired characters who writers don't want to deal with get sent to.
>>
>>29751612
People foolishly assumed that anything in this show had sentimental meaning, or that there was a firm feeling for a world.
>>
>>29751576
I liked Glimmer when she was the most detestable villain ever, but her instant redemption was pushing it. I figured they'd pull a S2 Airbending Korra and retcon her as "Actually, you're not really all that redeemed and we need to work on it", but nah, they just assumed we'd forgive her for everything she's done and let her be shoved down our throats.

>>29751602
Uh... Welll... Shit, I liked them, but you make a good point. There's so much that could have been done with the crystal empire that wasn't because the only people that wanted it don't know how to write a place like that.

>>29751618
I was really hoping Glimmer would be sent there permanently in S7.
>>
>>29751627
Glimmer will choose move to her village with Trixie to "pursue her own path" and that will serve the similar purpose, writing her off the show until there's a plot reason for her to show up (once a season).
>her instant redemption was pushing it
Both that and her motivation for becoming a villian pretty much ruined her for me. That could've been handled so much better. And even after redeeming her and showing how she's the best buddies with mane6 and learing her lesson with Trixie, ELTSD comes in and we're basically back to square one. Gee, lots of lessons learned, guess she's ready to graduate.
>>
>>29750051
Things changed because we're no longer in the "Oh sweet Celestia, I hope these amazing writers give us something great!" era, we're in the "Oh fuck, what is Jim Miller and his band of retards going to fuck over this time?" era.

And we're staying in this era until Jim is removed. The idiots he hires and allows to get away with fucking up are a symptom of the "Fuck the bronies, this show's for little girls" problem that is Jim.
>>29750113
>>29750550
>>29751279
>>29751332
>>29751498
>>29751518
>>29751558
>>29751563
>>29751576
>>
>>29751575
Come to think of it, remember when they gave Fluttershy a brother out of nowhere and the glimposting faggots on reddit like hclegend called it great? The fucking episode was one big "Millennial men with manbuns and five o clock shadows are lazy selfish entitled pricks! They dropped out of college because they thought they knew better than the books, they thought they could be artists, but fuck them and fuck creativity! If you try to deviate from what the books tell you to do, it will turn out ugly, but if you go back to college, you can get a real job! Also if your shitty enabling parents kick you out, you'll die in the forest like a bitch unless your friends force you to get a fucking job!" rant.

That episode killed the show for me. That stock plot episode with Maud was annoying, but this? This is a fucking abomination. I don't want impressionable young children to turn on their TV and see a pony show saying "Fuck creativity, stick to what the books say to do and get a job". People love to tear Family Guy new assholes over episodes like Screams Of Silence and Brian Is A Bad Father, but 14 year olds watch Family Guy, they aren't ACTUALLY going to consider women "Not women" for being abused or cut themselves because a comedy TV show told them how. But kids aged six and up watching a pony show, wanting to take it seriously and see a fantasy world teaching them life lesson, and instead seeing the animated form of some generation failure cunt's whining and ranting about damn kids these days and their hopes and dreams and how they should "Just get jobs"?

FUCK! THAT! And FUCK Jim Miller! If there was a petition to get this cunt fired from Hasbro and banned from working for this company again, I'd sign it in a fucking heartbeat and encourage all 15 of my remaining brony friends to do the same. One of them would send it to his 15 idiot friends and say "Sign it" and they will, so that's 30 signatures down already.
>>
>>29751666
Boy am I glad I didn't watch that episode. Even the premise sounded shitty and I had no interest in seeing out-of-nowhere "brother" that's never been mentioned ever before so I skipped it for the time being, but hearing all about it after it aired made me want to just ignore it forever.
>>
>>29751680
The premise is basically that Spongebob episode where Squidward quit his job after Mr Krabs accuses him of stealing his lucky coin, Squidward says "I'm gonna live life!" then becomes a hobo, and Spongebob lets him stay at his place and Squidward becomes a demanding prat that makes SB dress in a french maid outfit...

BUT WORSE.

It's that episode, without the funny, without the depth, without any of the justification, without any of the impact, and with "FFFFFUCK YOU MILLLENIIIANLSSS WAAAAAAH FUCK YOU YOU'RE SO FUCKING LAZY I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I FUCKING HATE YOU WHY CAN'T MOMMY HATE YOU LIKE SHE HATES ME?! YOU'RE A MILLENNIAL! YOU HAVE MANBUNS AND FIVE O CLOCK SHADOWS AND YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF KINDNESS! YOU'RE SO MUCH WORSE THAN ME, SHE SHOULD HATE YOU LIKE SHE HATES ME! FUCK YOOOHOOOHOOHOOOOUUUUUU!" shit tacked on. What happened, did one of the writers date a millennial man that dumped her, or is one of the writers a shitty old faggot still projecting his generation's many failings onto the new one?
>>
File: 23525.jpg (23KB, 435x290px) Image search: [Google]
23525.jpg
23KB, 435x290px
>its another Jim Miller thread made by an autistic samefag.
>>
>>29751698
No, there's a sipler explanation. McCarthy just didn't give a shit.
>>
File: 245141.png (151KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
245141.png
151KB, 500x706px
>>29751698
Stay mad, NEET.
>>
>>29751666
You know, this is a good summary of everything wrong with the episode. It could have been an actually positive episode, but instead they decided to write Zephyr as a completely clichéd idiot for no reason. Jim even defined him as "the character you love to hate". And at the end, when he changes his mind and decides to be a good slave, he's suddenly no longer hateable.

The episode wasn't about overcoming fear of failure or whatever shit they tried to sell as excuse, it was nothing but "if you aren't exactly like we want you to be, you're scum like Zephyr and everyone will always hate you". All in all you're just another brick in the wall.
>>
>>29751666
>>29751698
Holy shit, dude. I'm assuming the "deadbeat brother" episode hit a little close to home. The worst thing about it was that the brother rose from the ashes and got his dream job by trying hard for a day, which most of us in the real world know doesn't really work. Of course it doesn't matter how things would work - if Dash can be a Wonderbolt then an autistic deadbeat can surely be an astronaut as long as they're the focal point of a cartoon.
>>
>>29751716
>the character you love to hate
That's basically the same excuse as "it's supposed to be boring" for What about Discord. Yes, we get the idea, but it's not a fun idea. Who seriously wants a character like that in, by his own words, "show for little girls"? Yeah, little girls will surely pick up on that "he's supposed to be unlikable haha" idea. This is fucking retarded.
>>
>>29751735
You can't really compare that to Dash, she's been shown working hard for the entire show to reach her goal. Shame that her dream had to come true in such a horrible episode. I couldn't help but feel sorry for dashfags.
>>
>>29750162
>what the fuck they could have been doing

They could be in the dungeon for cooking crystal salt
>>
>>29751745
She doesn't work that hard, and she definitely doesn't work in a way that focuses on team stunt flying. You're only saying that because she's a main character and as an audience member you imagine she must have earned it. Whatever she did to deserve being a Wonderbolt, she did it off screen. Being good occasionally when she isn't flaking out isn't really a big endorsement, and the sonic rainboom is one thing - ONE - that she can do.

If anything she got in because she's already famous and the Wonderbolts thought she'd get asses into seats. Talking realistically, anyway.
>>
>>29751680
It was one of the better episodes of the season, honestly.
>>
>>29751704
Hi, Jim. Even your avatarfagging is fat.
>>
>>29751795
To be fair Wonderbolts haven't been shown doing anything truly amazing as well. We're told they're great, but they get their ass kickeds pretty often. What's the recovery training for if a kick from someone like Rarity basically disables you mid-flight.
>>
>>29751612
Hence why everyone in this fandom are a bunch of fucking faggots
>>
>>29751856
If you say so, fandom fellow.
>>
>>29751850
Well, sure, that's another way of looking at it, but now we have one of two options to maintain internal consistency.

1. Dash didn't earn the Wonderbolts. She got in through nepotism and existing fame.
2. The Wonderbolts ain't shit and being a part of them is about as prestigious as joining the Girl Scouts. Basically anyone can do it if they apply.

Or the third possibility, which is that both things are true. Dash doesn't even practice with them or go to any shows.
>>
>>29751864
I have no problem including myself, everyone in this thread, board, site, and other sites.
>>
>>29751518
Well, I guess for me it's that I care about this one point. I don't hate the cutie mark episode, but I don't like the look of their cutie marks. I don't hate Twilight being a princess, but I liked her better as a unicorn. I don't hate Twilight's brother, but he's useless. I don't hate Cadance, but she's also useless. I'm glad Dash is a wonderbolt, and Rarity selling dresses in all cities makes perfect sense, but those all make sense to one degree or another.

The CMC are shown repeatedly helping ponies learn about their cutie marks. There was a precedent for them getting those marks. Twilight could just have never talked about her brother. I don't talk about my brother much to any of my friends, so it's not out of the realm of reason that I could have one. Cadance should have just been a regular unicorn, but whatever. She's useless. Twilight becoming an alicorn was a minor betrayal, but there wasn't any precedent set for her not to become one after Cadance. But like so many others have mentioned in this thread, the Apple family is tight-knit. They had a goddamn REUNION for god's sake! There is NO REASON for their parents to be absent from that! It doesn't make a lick of sense! It would be the absolute worst faux pas I could imagine in the series.
>>
>>29751871
I'd go with the third, really. I'm not justifying Dash and what you said is true, too much stuff happened off-screen to be a good setup for such a giant arc-ending payoff for Dash.
>>
>>29751871
It's pretty much canon that the Wonderbolts ain't shit. They're incompetent circus performers that get to act like military ponies because equestria has no military.

>>29751735
Why do people say this so much? Yes, the episode "Hit close to home", but not because I'm an autistic loser like Zephyr yet the show acts like you can automatically go back to the college you dropped out of and achieve your dreams if you "Just try" and "Stop fearing failure". It didn't hit close to home because I dropped out of the retard-tier college's IT lessons my shit country paid for to become an indie game developer. It hit close to home because MLP used to be a fantasy story about a better world, and it's being shat on by retards that just... don't... get that. Some salty cunt wrote a whole episode that was just insulting millennials over and over and over and nobody stopped him/her. Nobody, at any point, said "Our target audience of little girls won't get the joke, their parents will shake their heads and say "Kids these days", and the other people that like this show will hate it. And isn't it hypocritical to call deviation from the norm lazy and artists egomaniacal millennial shitheads when we're artists and a show about ponies being good is a deviation from the norm?"
>>
>>29751561
#FlowersOutForJim
>>
>>29751329
Hi Murrison
>>
>>29751946
Cont.

This episode is like one big "Fuck you" to every artist that's made fanart or fanfics for this show. "Fuck you, you only deviate from the norm because it's easy! Your original art is ugly! Go back to college and learn how to make art properly, and get a fucking job!"

Are you an artist? "Fuck you!", this episode says.

Are you an independent writer/filmmaker/artist/whatever? "Fuck you, get a slave labour job, it's all you're good for, you lazy cunt!", this episode says.

If Jim "Biggest Jim" Miller had any kind of oversight or limitation put on him and his retardity, this godawful episode wouldn't have been made. This episode isn't insulting because it's dumb or because it's bad, it's insulting because it DIRECTLY INSULTS SOME OF THE BIGGEST REASONS WHY THIS SHOW IS POPULAR!
>>
>>29751950
Hi Seth.
>>
>>29751977
Hi Mom
>>
>>29751972
>If Jim "Biggest Jim" Miller had any kind of oversight or limitation put on him and his retardity

He doesn't. That's the root of his problem: he lacks any oversight and limitation and so he goes around doing whatever he wants.
>>
>>29751518
>Luna didn't turn out cute
???nigger.png
But I like our Luna. Her being cute would have been Hasbro winning.

>Dash is a wonderbolt
>Rarity runs boutiques in all the major cities
Look, I still don't get why this is a bad concept. It might be bad in execution (at least in Dash's case because she didn't show any growth in her personality to earn it, I don't see the problem with Rarity's if they keep making episodes out of her every acquired store) but even then, that's debatable.

I agree with everything else. I'm just wondering why you thought that Luna, Dash, and Rarity are apparently working with the Hasbroluminati to erase everything good with this show.
>>
>>29751980
Hi Ishi.
>>
>>29751602
The damage those two did could have easily been minimised as well had Shining been a cousin instead of brother (and it would make more sense why we never heard of him whie still keeping why they're close), and Cadence still a unicorn like the dialogue they forgot to change said. I can understand who's in charge being the case for Cadence being a princess , but I don't see why they had to make him a sibling.

Come to think of it, I don't think we've ever actually had any authentic character development in any of their appearences, the only examples I've seen argued are ones that are shoved in without any single prior implication (i.e. Shining's part nerd, whatever it was they did with Cadence, was it that she liked holidays off work or some shit?) and forgotten about or never acknowledged or again implied the next time we see them.

And don't even get me fucking started on how Cadence managed to asspull away Twilight's tendency to panic under stress in Games Ponies Play.
>>
>>29752004
Hi Kenpachi Ramasama
>>
File: nice story.png (390KB, 742x762px) Image search: [Google]
nice story.png
390KB, 742x762px
>Yet another Jim hate circlejerk
What a shame this pointless shit will never be bannable for spam.

And this retarded shit about AJ's parents not actually being dead because they're going to make an appearance? Stop. It's already been clarified the episode they'll show up in is a flashback, enough with this blatant lying stupidity.

Don't bother with the "hi Jim" bullshit, to the inane motherfucker that does that shit. I'm already aware you're a dismissive little bitch that can't handle having your dumb shit get challenged and anyone else should take a cue to just ignore you. Get help about that mental deficiency or kill yourself, either choice humanity as a whole would be better off.
>>
>>29752008
That was fucking stupid. Yeah, breath control exercises help, but they don't immediately cure problems! I was hopeful when I saw a panicking Twilight hyperventilate and repeat her breathing exercise like a Spongebob character, but then they just... fucking... drop a relatable and interesting character flaw that could open up so many plots and excuse so much dumb shit, because "It's fixed now".
>>29752010
MY NIGGA
>>29752001
Those three things he mentioned are minor symptoms. Dash should have won some kind of contest or passed a test (With a secret character test S1 her would have failed) right after, instead of just instantly becoming a Bolt because there was a spot open in the circus troupe, Rarity getting beloved everywhere and stores everywhere is kinda dumb but I can live with it, Twilight becoming an alicorn... I actually liked that episode, it succeeded in making me feel proud for Twilight. I just wish the new writers didn't fuck it up by having NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH ALICORN TWILIGHT. Either write that the average citizen doesn't give two shits about alicornness and open that "Unicorn twilight plot" box back up, or introduce new plots about royal stuff going on, and how you should honour your responsibilities n shit.
>>
>>29751972
>If Jim "Biggest Jim" Miller had any kind of oversight or limitation put on him and his retardity, this godawful episode wouldn't have been made.
You're missing the point. It's a show to sell toys, and this was a huge "fuck you" to people who probably can't afford those toys but are still enjoying the show for free. "Fuck you, we don't want you."
However, for the people with one of those jobs wasn't an insult, it was literally the opposite, "you're doing great, you're not one of these bastards, good for you!", that's why so many people loves the episode, it was literally a pat on the back for them.

I'm not a NEET, nor an artist. I work for minimum wage. Fuck, probably I would defending the episode and laughing with it if I had some fucking money. But I'm poor as fuck because I can't get anything better than a job cleaning shit. And this episode with its twisted moral, "if you don't have your dream job it's because you're a lazy bastard and you haven't tried to do something with your life", was absolutely horrible for me.

I watch the show to forget about my fucking life, not to receive a "fuck you, you're pathetic" out of nowhere. I have no words to describe how much I hate the writer and Jim for doing this.
>>
>>29752017
Hi, Jim.

I see you're still a massive faggot, as always. I see you still haven't noticed that when you yell "YOU'RE ALL F-F-FUCKING FAGGOTS! STOP BEING A JIM-HATING CIRCLEJERK" at a crowd of people tired of your bullshit, they laugh at you.

You know how you can stop it from being a circlejerk? Make a pro-Jim argument. Put words like "Circlejerk" and "Pointless hate" away, and make an argument stronger than "You shouldn't say things I don't like because I don't want to see it".

Oh, wait, you can't, because you're an incompetent faggot and all you can do is cry about the fact that people are getting a little more sick of you every time you fuck up.
>>
File: cuztea.png (170KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
cuztea.png
170KB, 662x662px
>>29752056
>Make a pro-Jim argument
season 5 is the best season in the show.
>>
>>29752017
fuck off Jim
>>
File: FOR.png (43KB, 333x439px) Image search: [Google]
FOR.png
43KB, 333x439px
>>29752056
I already know you're not worth the effort making a reasonable reply to, because I've seen other people make exactly those kinds of arguments and you dismissed them just as I claimed in the previous post because you're a little bitch that can't come up with a non-emotional argument.

>>29752067
Fuck off retard.
>>
File: tarantula-closeup-hand.jpg (886KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tarantula-closeup-hand.jpg
886KB, 1600x900px
>>29749624
>>29749845
What's there to feel stressed out about? Of course they're going to FUCK IT UP. Like they've been doing since season 1 and season 2.
I wish Luna would have just went missing for the whole series and I wish Nightmare Moon would have been the one and only villain.

They cannot do 1 thing right to save their lives. Hasbro has fucked up the villains, has fucked up the villains redemptions, has screwed up Twilight's ascension, the cutie marks, the background pony episode, the Weird Al episode, Pinkie's origins, Rarity's parents, Shining Armor and Cadence, the changelings and so on and so forth.

I'm so fucking glad Celestia hasn't gotten an episode for herself, she would only get ruined like her Selena.
>>
>>29752042
That's a good point, too. That's a really fucking good point. That's a fucking great point. Seriously, I'm not joking here, you raised a point I didn't even notice and you explained it brilliantly.

Maybe that's why fans of Jim keep saying "Did that episode hit close to home???" when you criticize that episode. It's the same "Quibble Pants would be a great name for you!" shit that happened when I criticized that Daring Do Convention episode that basically said "Fuck you, fuck your fanfics and fuck your obsessions, you're no better than our new fans that just love us no matter what, and you should shut up and live in harmony with those fans while you 'Accept that different people like the show for different reasons'. People that complain about canon or headcanon episodes out of existence or a series going downhill and losing its way are just as bad as the people that want realism in an action book and go all Flat Earth Atheist in a kid's show".

Fuck that episode and fuck Jim Miller.
>>
>>29752040
Rarity gradually made friends and met important ponies as the show went on and some them actually mattered, so I can understand how those connections finally pay off. If anything, it's her progression I can justify at least somewhat.
>>
>>>wheelchan/mlphate/
take your mindless circlejerk elsewhere.
>>
>>29752072
Emotional? Bitch, please. You came in here crying about how seeing this "Circlejerk" thread hurt your fee-fees. Stop trying to wriggle out of this, you little bitch.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Go on, tell us why you think we should stop thinking Jim is an incompetent manchild. Go on, use your words and make an argument. Convince me you aren't Jim, and convince me Jim is worth a damn. If you love Jim so much, tell us why. Give us an argument that isn't "Hating Jim is popular so it's bad" or "Well the show's still on so there".
>>
>>29752008
>The damage those two did could have easily been minimised as well had Shining been a cousin instead of brother

The damage could have completely avoided if Twilight had made a single passing comment about having a brother (and a foalsitter) during any random S02 episode, period.

Then they could have dropped the surprise about her brother being the captain of Canterlot's guard and her sitter being a princess or whit.
>>
File: jim on atshell.jpg (17KB, 591x205px) Image search: [Google]
jim on atshell.jpg
17KB, 591x205px
>>29752072
> Implying Jim himself can make any kind of good argument to begin.
>>
File: smugpinkiepie.png (118KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
smugpinkiepie.png
118KB, 744x1052px
>>29752072
I'm waiting, Jim. I'm waiting. I'm waiting for you to wipe your tears on your sleeve and make a big boy argument. I'm waiting for you to put your big boy pants on and act like a fucking adult. I'm waiting for you to put shit like "I've seen people like me make good arguments and people like you always call them bad arguments, so I'm just not gonna bother!" back in your pocket where it belongs.

You came in here, you told us to stop hating Jim Miller.

ITT: Plenty of reasons to hate Jim Miller, plenty of arguments against Jim Miller, and one lone faggot telling us to stop hating Jim Miller and not expect a reason why.
>>
>>29752096
Cadance singlehandedly soiled what being a princess and an alicorn represented in the show. That could've been avoided with ease.
>>
>>29752094
>>29752112
I already mentioned you sensitive faggots aren't worth making a proper argument over, and yeah you are being emotional. Look at you responding indignantly because your safe-space echochamber is being challenged.
>>
>>29752116
You know that originally she was going to be a normal pegasus but she was changed into an alicorn behind of Faust's back?
>>
File: 1489971411802.png (962KB, 1761x2781px) Image search: [Google]
1489971411802.png
962KB, 1761x2781px
>>29752008
>Oh shit, I'm freaking out!
>"Have you tried breathing?"
>Oh, wow, I'm cured of my anxiety forever now. Can't believe it was that easy!

I don't understand why they wrote out one of Twilight's weaknesses that way. Makes no sense and didn't do anything positive.

>>29752001
The boutiques thing is a problem because Rarity doesn't have time to do that. Her success means she's wrapped her life up completely in her work.

The characters getting everything they wanted for free makes all their dreams feel empty and meaningless. It makes it all feel undeserved, or like anyone could have done it. Nepotism could explain a lot of the success, but although that's realistic it's also a terrible message and not a very enjoyable story.
>>
>>29752107
Petition to get this faggot fired and replaced when?

>Inb4 "But his cronies are just as bad as him!"
Maybe, but when one faggot gets fired for being shit, it sends a message to the rest.

MLP has been damaged by Jim Miller's retardity and incompetence. It's a hell of a lot harder to get newbies to get on the ride when instead of "It used to be shit, then Lauren Faust and her friends made it good!", you have to say "It used to be shit, then Lauren Faust and her friends made it good, then some beta manchild foreveralone faggot ruined it to shill his shitty OC", and you can't cover up the fact that season 6 is an abomination because the internet's full of shills calling it perfect and "The best the show's ever been" while calling anyone who dislikes it an oldfag.
>>
>>29752107
>The show doesn't pander to me!
kek
>>
>>29752040
You know, I was only mad about it because it came literally out of nowhere without any prior implication (like with Cadence and SA themself), but you're right, they completely over-exaggerate the effectiveness of that by dropping a possible long term development with it.
>>
File: jim miller.jpg (7KB, 94x92px) Image search: [Google]
jim miller.jpg
7KB, 94x92px
>>29752121
>>
>>29752126
That's the worst part of it. It was a deliberate choice to change it, based on nothing but toy sales. I think it was the first time something so important was changed for that purpose.
>>
File: furious_man.jpg (98KB, 859x680px) Image search: [Google]
furious_man.jpg
98KB, 859x680px
>>29749489
Alright, which one of you fuckers did this? Whose bright idea was it to keep complaining to the staff about dead parents?
>>
>>29752112
>>29752094
Well at least you faggots aren't hating on Lauren Faust or Larson again for "not sucking executive cock like Meghan". "Sony are good guys".
Still I'm curious to know what that anon's real mentality is, but I need you faggots to tone down your retarded /b/ posting.
>>
File: jim owes you shit.png (181KB, 620x395px) Image search: [Google]
jim owes you shit.png
181KB, 620x395px
>>29752134
>>
>>29752121
There you go again with that shit. "I don't have to make a big boy argument! Y-you're emotional! Y-you're still b-being emotional!"

No, faggot, you are. You came in here with tears in your eyes, and you're still crying. Don't expect me to feel pity for you.

Remember, you represent ALL fans of Jim Miller right now. All one of you. Stop insisting that you don't have to justify yourself or explain yourself, and start explaining yourself. Explain why you like that manchild Jim "It's for little girls" Miller. Start trying to make yourself look good. If you fuck this up, that's it. Every time someone says Jim Miller is a big boy, I can show them screenshots of you and prove them wrong. Because right now... You're on an anonymous 4chan board and you're getting your ass handed to you. How pathetic! What's the matter, scared? It seems "The Biggest Jim" can't make a big boy argument after all!
>>
File: its shit.jpg (2MB, 1263x4728px) Image search: [Google]
its shit.jpg
2MB, 1263x4728px
>>29752133
>Petition to get this faggot fired and replaced when?
alright, no sarcasm or snide intended: you sound like a fucking tumblr SJW.

when someone doesnt behave like you think they should, it isnt a reason to destroy their lives. not that i think you could convince hasbro to fire jim over your stupid reasons, just saying on principle youre a petty, selfish little shit with no empathy.

>>29752151
hes right you know.
>>
File: backpedaling on 3 2 1.jpg (123KB, 611x491px) Image search: [Google]
backpedaling on 3 2 1.jpg
123KB, 611x491px
>>
>>29752160
>it isnt a reason to destroy their lives
If he's fired, he can always sing a song and get a better job.
>>
>>29752128
>Nepotism
Half of the time no one even recognises who they are, because the plot needs it to be so. Twilight is supposedly the most popular princess yet it's never even mentioned or shown ever again. Again, the plot demands it to be so for one epsiode, so here we are.
>>
>>29752121
>>29752134
>>29752150
Found the terrified samefagging baby Jim "The biggest Jim" Miller desperately trying to derail this thread.

What's the matter, scared? I'm waiting for that argument. I'm waiting for that explanation. Stop being a crybaby and name one good thing about Jim Miller. Your inability to do this says a lot.
>>
File: Your tears.gif (298KB, 308x373px) Image search: [Google]
Your tears.gif
298KB, 308x373px
>>29752156
Keep crying. Your tears sustain me.
>>
File: this is fine jim miller.jpg (237KB, 768x364px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine jim miller.jpg
237KB, 768x364px
>>
File: FGT.jpg (692KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FGT.jpg
692KB, 1920x1080px
>>29752160
>>
File: 568567.png (262KB, 1004x1080px) Image search: [Google]
568567.png
262KB, 1004x1080px
>>29752169
i dont cast my pearls before swine. if i thought there was a reason to even discuss it, i would be the first to do so. however from what ive seen spouted thus far i doubt anyone circlejerking in this echo chamber have the mental capacity to have a real discussion about anything.

dont let me stop you from bitching and moaning into your echo chamber about how jim doesnt pander to your personal desires and ill continue adding a different voice to the same echo chamber of my own volition.
>>
>>29752160
Wow, Jim, THAT'S your best?

THAT'S the best you can do?

Firstly, getting you fired for being bad at your job is different from getting some right-winger fired for being a right-winger.

Secondly, no, fans of a show do not owe its creator anything. Creators of a show owe the money that keeps them employed to the fans that watch it and the fans that buy merch. Maybe if you were some unpaid fanfic writer, you'd be able to play the "You owe me!" card, but you work for Hasbro and you're bad at your job, you don't put in effort, you constantly try to take credit for this show's success in interviews, and when criticized, you cry.

And now that we've gotten that out of the way,
>not that i think you could convince hasbro to fire jim over your stupid reasons, just saying on principle youre a petty, selfish little shit with no empathy.

HAHAHAHA! LOOK, EVERYONE, JIM MILLER IS CRYING! HE'S CRYING AND HE'S INSULTING ME FOR NOT EMPATHISING WITH THE FAGGOT THAT CAME IN HERE WITH TEARS IN HIS EYES, DEMANDING WE STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW BAD HE IS AT HIS JOB!
>>
>>29752182
>that pic
>Jim is in this thread
Thank you, Milky.
>>
File: big pneumonia.jpg (72KB, 633x278px) Image search: [Google]
big pneumonia.jpg
72KB, 633x278px
>>29752173
Drink faster then.
>>
>>29752188
Anon, if you are not actually talking to Jim Miller in this thread then you mainly look like an idiot.
>>
>>29749489
They're dead. This was a post from 2015.

Buuuuut... if they do decide to bring AJs parents back, then I'm done watching the show. Sounds extreme, but that would be disgraceful.
>>
>>29752188
>Creators of a show owe the money that keeps them employed to the fans that watch it
>you legitimately think creators owe you
wew lad, thats the most delusional bit of shit youve ever spouted and youve already spouted quite a lot.
lets entertain this notion shall we? how much merch have you bought?
>>
>>29752173
Yeah, you can yell "I'm not crying, you are! Y-you're a faggot!" on this anonymous message board all you want, Jimmy. It won't change anything that's already been said.

In fact, since I've already broken you and your argument, I don't think I'll respond to you any more. At this point, all these unwarranted "Bu-bu-but you're crying, not me! I'm drinking your tears!" posts are starting to seem like a derail attempt.

So... yeah. I'm done with you, the people in this thread are done with you, and no matter how hard you samefag and shitpost, the number of people done with you will grow every time you fuck up and cry while blaming the people that notice. Have fun trying to keep that job, Jimmy! This thread's getting saved.
>>
>>29752203
>derailing a circlejerk
^:)
>>
File: 1445317083076.jpg (42KB, 446x443px) Image search: [Google]
1445317083076.jpg
42KB, 446x443px
Its going to be a mediocre episode and you know it

At least we will get some sweet apple milf art out of this
>>
File: 1488309813133.png (35KB, 474x290px) Image search: [Google]
1488309813133.png
35KB, 474x290px
>>
File: and I'm just sittin here like.png (237KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
and I'm just sittin here like.png
237KB, 1280x720px
>>29752196
>The barneyfag of shitting on staff
How's that collection of screencaps coming? Still spamming comic threads too?

>>29752203
>the people in this thread are done with you
So far it's just (You) making walls of text explaining how triggered you are. Everyone else has just been shitposting with images and screencaps.
>>
>>29752203
Anon. If you sperg out about Jim all the time, eventually normal people will develop contempt for you. It's like being on a plane with a noisy child. I know you don't understand when it's time to be quiet, but it's perfectly normal for anons to ask you shut the fuck up for a bit.
>>
File: jim is not invited.jpg (91KB, 620x356px) Image search: [Google]
jim is not invited.jpg
91KB, 620x356px
Daily reminder than Bronycon already got tired of Jim's shit.

And he still will be unable to understand why.
>>
>>29752203
>the people in this thread are done with you
i wasnt aware they named you their official spokesperson. you must be a very important person.
>>
>>29751949
Can we make a twitter hashtag that Jimbo is a pedo?
>>
>>29752042
Good point. Let's ignore the "Hurr durr this is a circlejerk" glimposters unable to realize it wouldn't be a circlejerk if they could make valid arguments better than "U a fagget", and get this thread back on track, shall we?
>>
File: full.jpg (54KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
54KB, 640x640px
>>29752133
>>29752142
In reality James Miller, Neil Dusedau, Sabrina, Meghan and the rest of the idiots, are completely powerless and do not dictate jackshit about the show's ideas and even execution.
They can't disagree with the higher-up's exact requested thing like a moral promoting the executive's ideas or Cadence and Twilight having organic wings. (but how about magic wings which appear on and off? NO. Ok but how about invisible transluscent wings? NO.)

You especially cannot do it when all it takes to ruin the final product is 1 asshole taking your every script and replacing it with his own and then gives you that eye that if you dare modify the final result, you're dead meat. Or when he starts mismanaging, rescheduling and making production changes like newbie animators with professional animators(which obviously quit and move to greener pastures or stop putting any effort into it. e.g. the voice actors)

I don't know what Mike Vogel has on everyone or why everyone is such a reclusive cowardly idiot to not just spit him in the face and start a crusade against him out of sheer anger. But I've seen doormats and betas spawned out of far more pathetic reasons, canadians/vancouvers are just really dumb and ball-less like that.
Because everyone on this show is a freelancer with no contract. The only thing is the NDA which should not be allowed to cover for an executive's corrupt decisions inside the production of a product. Unless that executive wants to get fired and blacklisted from every company and gig ever for being found out that he's wasting resources and keeping your professionals from working on your franchise.

But what's degenerate of them is their mentality: I can't talk about the real reason why the show is shit because NDA, but instead of shutting up about it, I'll just shitpost and pretend I'm in any way responsible for the direction of the show despite my credits being there for show and not involvement.
>>
>>29752227
This makes me smile even more than Jim samefagging so hard, you can see when he started reading and samefagging.
>>
File: no homo.png (58KB, 377x290px) Image search: [Google]
no homo.png
58KB, 377x290px
>>29752231
>lets ignore those dissenters and get back to jerking each other off about how much we hate jim and the show since season 2 shall we?
>>
File: dda.gif (186KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
dda.gif
186KB, 500x436px
>>29749489
>>29749883
>>29750051
>>29750162
>>29751332
>>29751518
>>29751666

I WANT TO GET OFF MR. BONES' WILD RIDE!
>>
File: 1487894963093.gif (335KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487894963093.gif
335KB, 400x400px
>>29752218
> "Avatarfagging to defend a 41 year old virgin will make me SO popular and will get me SO much pussy!"
>>
File: Disdain for plebs.png (393KB, 774x700px) Image search: [Google]
Disdain for plebs.png
393KB, 774x700px
>>29752244
>This many people CAN'T possibly be against our asinine bullshit, it MUST be Jim samefagging!
This is the mentality I refuse to argue with. There's no point arguing with it because people like you will dismiss it like a pussy.

>>29752252
>Avatarfagging
I've used 4 images each with different characters. Get the fuck off my imageboard you retarded newfag.
>>
>>29752242
Well, this is new. Where'd you learn this, Jim?

Let me break this down: In case you haven't noticed, this is an anonymous message board. Post your workplace stories here, and if they seem legit enough, we'll stop wanting you fired and we'll believe them. No NDA in the world can stop an anonymous poster hiding behind a proxy or seven. Use Psiphon or Tor if you need to.

See, all you had to do was put your big boy pants on and admit it when you need help.
>>
>>29752252
>having an opinion to be popular
that explains a lot of the hivemind. following that line of logic shouldnt we be adding to your echo chamber then?
>>
>>29752260
>we
>we
>we
/mlp/ isnt one person and this place isnt your personal army you literal SJW piece of shit.
>>
File: 1487474894880.jpg (65KB, 640x525px) Image search: [Google]
1487474894880.jpg
65KB, 640x525px
No idea of what kind of falling made Sibsy switch sides like this.
>>
>>29752260
Anon. Please. Stop posting. Walk away from the computer and go outside. Maybe, MAYBE Jim Miller is actually posting in the thread. But using Occam's Razor and making the fewest number of assumptions, we all know at this point that you have Down's Syndrome, and even if Jim Miller is in the thread you have nothing worthwhile to say to him.
>>
File: touch of bald death.jpg (86KB, 463x347px) Image search: [Google]
touch of bald death.jpg
86KB, 463x347px
>>
>>29752258
Here's the problem with that statement, Jimmy boy.

I gave you a chance to make a big boy argument.

You continued to samefag while yelling "You a faggot! I drink ur tears!" over and over, and it didn't impress me at all.

Do you see your mistake, Jimbo? Do you see where (you) went wrong? Are you going to give us a big boy explanation of why you like this show, without falling on stock arguments like "Fans of a show owe the creators of the show everything! ...Don't think too hard about what show creators are hired to do or what the company makes in merch sales from fans".

Or are you just going to keep spamming this thread with "Hurr durr ur retarded not me" until it gets locked?
>>
>>29752242
So we end up blaming the whole "staff" because of their emotional outbursts and their job roles. "He's a big directors and a supervisor, surely he's the one in charge. He's taking it personally, he absolutely has to be the idiot who's been ruining our show". When in fact it's always the most powerful, wealthy, ego-centric moron in the zoo.

We're lucky Mike Vogel even had the ignorance of revealing himself as an executive producer behind MLP. Usually executives don't even credit themselves, as you can see Mike Vogel is not credited in the movie, but he openly said he wrote the characters of the MLP movie.

He considers himself a brony. A fan of the show.
He goes to conventions, just now he's going to be at Babscon on the 14-16th of april.
He gave off an interview where he hinted at being responsible for Magical Mystery Cure and Twilight Sparkle's wings, a few months after the episode aired.
Mitch Larson has said that his real scripts gets removed and replaced by new Hasbro-approved scripts.
He mentioned that Luna's broken english in Luna Eclipsed was Hasbro's idea.

We never knew who exactly, but at this point it's either Brian Lenard or Mike Vogel. It seems like the male executives have a real boner for making their own artistic decisions and taking control of "their" show. When in reality if Hasbro deems their money worthless, they'd be fired in a few seconds and replaced by others.
>>
File: hsbcp.jpg (65KB, 308x373px) Image search: [Google]
hsbcp.jpg
65KB, 308x373px
>>29752270
>>
>>29752267
Nothing.

The snippet you always see posted of her talking down on "fans" is in reference to Moliminous, a toxic Youtube personality who posts clickbait and acts as an annoying shit-stirrer. It's something she said after Moliminous spent a good while antagonizing both Jim and Sibsy.

Jim posting things like, "I don't care what the adults think" is him trying to keep a stiff upper lip. They know as well as we do - probably better since they do this for a living - that the show isn't doing as well as it could, but corporate is always looming over them so they have to stick it out like it is. They're trying to comfort themselves.
>>
>>29750113
While I expect it to be another flashback episode to when they're "still around" (bet you $0 that they'll use that exact wording)-which seems to be likely from what's official-is it likely we've overhyped it over the years to the point where anything that isn't short of https://youtu.be/TRuAKWJ8Ets will be a dissapointment no matter how much we try to like it?

It's kind of why I don't think we'll be seeing Starswirl at all, who's been explicitly hyped up in the show, rather than in the fandom.

>>29752280
>He gave off an interview where he hinted at being responsible for Magical Mystery Cure and Twilight Sparkle's wings, a few months after the episode aired.
Gimme link.
>>
>>29752277
Reply to all the posts you think I'm samefagging and let me show you yet again why you are simply too mentally inept to engage with on any intellectual capacity.
>>
File: 147434223338ffd4.jpg (12KB, 610x132px) Image search: [Google]
147434223338ffd4.jpg
12KB, 610x132px
Rustled Jimies already admited he browses other places to see if he can find mean comments to whine and bitch about.

There's nothing he can do to un-say it and make everyone stop considering that the samefaggers might be Jim for real.
>>
>>29752298
You don't think I'm worth a big boy argument. Why should I think you're worth clicking all those numbers? I do that, and your next line will be "lmao you really think we're all the same person??? guess you really are a faggot for thinking we're all the same person!!! a-and you're retarded, too! that's why we can't have a big boy discussion! it's your fault, not mine!"

Why would I bother? I'd much rather point to the gauntlet I threw down, and watch your whiny yelling get louder and higher as I point to it over and over again.

P I C K
I T
U P
>>
>>29751602
I still think whoever decided to make Shining Armor, Twilight's brother is the biggest fucking idiot in the world.

Simply because there was no toy to be sold there, it was completely useless and it destroyed a part of Twilight's backstory for no reason.

Then the manner in which they try to make him "likable". Give him a surfer voice, make him defensive, make him the puppet of the villain, make him keep up a giant shield which ended up being useless against the villain.

Make Twilight sing about him, overly care about him, even cry over him. That song was FUCKING DISGUSTING, absolutely made me vomit worse than Gordon Ramsay eating shit food.

Then after the song she countinously acts like a retard on hormones to have a petty drama over him. By the vibes I thought he was going to be Twilight's husband/boyfriend, not her brother or distant cousin.

Let's not forget the main 5 had no real role in the episode and everyone acted like they were being mind controlled (like most episodes in season 2)

Twilight Sparkle, the eloquent and respectable leader of the main 5 since S1 episode 2, is yet again reduced to an easily excitable drooling idiot just like in Look Before You Sleep. Except in that episode she was at least happy and charming, in S2 she's anxious, dramatic and stupid. Exactly like Fluttershy's transition from S1 to S2-S6
>>
>>29752336
I've been mining far more salt than I'll need from this thread. At this rate I'll be able to season my meals for months. I'll have to start selling it off.
>>
Maybe if Jim spent as much time working on the show as he does shitposting on image boards we wouldn't be complaining.
>>
>>29752294
Here's another one where he's at Comic Con.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2wRL3o60rg

>Gimme link
Here's his interview about Transformers and My Little Pony.
http://collider.com/mike-vogel-hasbro-studios-transformers-prime-comic-con-interview/

VOGEL: It’s very funny because, in the past 10 years, the internet has become more and more and more and more vocal with the fan communities. It’s an instantaneous thing. Whereas you used to, over time, maybe eventually hear what fans thought about a show, as soon as a TV show airs now, you can literally go online and instantly see what everybody thought of the show. When an episode of My Little Pony or Littlest Pet Shop airs, you can practically watch live, as fans are commenting on what’s happening. In some ways, that’s very cool. In some ways, it’s horrifying and stresses you out, beyond all belief. But, it’s good. At the end of the day, we have to always do what we think is best for the story, and sometimes that is doing exactly what the fans want, but sometimes it’s doing things that take the fans by surprise or that they’re unsure of. But, as long as we stay true to the way that we think the characters should be, it all works out. Sometimes when the fans hear about some major change happening in a show, it makes them really nervous because they love the show and they love the characters, and they don’t want anything to change. Our job is to find that balance between giving the fans the characters and the stories they love, and then shaking things up that sometimes upsets them, but hopefully, at the end of the day, once they see what we’ve done, makes them go, “Okay, they’ve still got it. They’re still on track with what we love about these characters.”
>>
>>29752242
>>29752280
you seem reasonable. lets talk.

no one knows exactly how much influence any one person has, or even how far that influence has reached. in a show thats a collab effort theres going to be fingerprints from everyone on the final product. the notion that jim miller or anyone else is micromanaging literally every single aspect of every episode is bullshit. anyone who has ever done any teamwork job knows this. the higher ups pass down what they want done to the next in line, and they pass that along again to the next people, and so on. lets use the most popular critique as an example: the infamous toy inserts. they dont tell the writers exactly what to do, just that "it has to include this in some way." the writers have commented about it before and how theyve gotten a lot better at making it blend over time. for another example, raritys interest in fashion was a direct order from hasbro, yet i dont see anyone ever complain about it.

executives corrupt decisions doesnt matter because at the end of the day this is their money, their product, their idea. they could burn it down if they wished because its theirs. you dont have to like it but you do need to respect that position. theyve given quite a bit of freedom to the writers to do as they please. hell, they promoted meghan to have even more control. that could have been faust if she was willing to play the game and understand the basic principle that this show and product isnt hers; its a tool being borrowed from someone else.

people never seem to realize the reason anyone gets emotional over something is because they actually do care about it. if jim didnt give a fuck he wouldnt waste his time replying. if he didnt give a fuck he wouldnt get emotional when people insult the show or accuse him of not caring. he gives a great deal of fucks, which is a two edged blade. it means he will try really hard on the show and pour love into it, but it also means he will be less accepting of critique.
>>
>>29752358
I said pick it up, faggot.

P I C K
I T
U P

Stop giggling about the fact that people are getting tired of your shit, and justify that shit to us. Justify yourself. Maybe if you could make a decent argument, you wouldn't be so hated. Maybe if you weren't so immature, you'd be liked.

So go on. Pick the gauntlet up and say one good thing about Jim Miller or season six. There, I made it easier on you. You no longer have to say anything good about Jim, you can now mention one of the things in season 6 you supposedly had no power over! I'm making it easy for you to be a man, own up to your flaws, and defend yourself. Now's your chance!

But you won't take it. Because in your world, you've done no wrong, and we bronies are just acting like entitled little shitstirrers when we criticize you, Right?
>>
>>29752364
Be quiet fool
>>
>>29752354
If you don't like the show anymore and think the direction its heading in is hopeless, why don't you just stop watching it.
>>
>>29751576
Are you memeing? McCarthy and Vogel said that they are dead and they are the one running the show. Aj's parents death is as secured as Fluttercord.
>>
>>29752386
To answer your trap question with a straight answer, I actually did. I never rewatched any episodes from S3 onwards and I haven't even watched season 6 for the exception of the christmas episode.
>>
File: ieopR_EI-Cw.jpg (91KB, 680x754px) Image search: [Google]
ieopR_EI-Cw.jpg
91KB, 680x754px
>>29752354
Remember, if the plot needs a pony to act like a retard, she will. If her friends need to not support her, they will. Need to introduce some new characters on the go - no problem. Moving from plot point A to plot point B to enable plot point C sure is easy when you disregard anything other than these points. This is how plot-relevant episodes work after all.
>>
>>29752017
This. Im not sure if it's a samefag or there is more than one retard. But this shit need to stop. One retard make 5 threads a day about Mike Vogel and this faggot spam with Jim Miller.

Mod should ban him outright since discussion about show staff i breaking the rule of this board.
>>
>>29752379
>raritys interest in fashion was a direct order from hasbro, yet i dont see anyone ever complain about it.

That direct order from Hasbro was turned into a likable and endearing character trait. It was used to fuel episode plots. Hasbro may have demanded it, but good writers made it work.

Now compare that to the Crystal Empire nobody knows what to do with, the god mode sue nobody knows what to do with, the alicorns nobody knows what to do with, and all the other mistakes someone giving it their A-game like the show's original writers wouldn't have made.

As for the "Jim Miller wouldn't get so salty about people disliking his show or him if he didn't care about ponies, so we shouldn't criticize him or his contributions to the show or things he failed to stop" argument... No. In interviews, he either tries to take all the credit and tries to get his name out there, or he whines. For him, this is a job he regrets taking, because from his perspective, the fandom is full of "Whiners" that don't like his changes.
>>
File: Kill Ourselves.png (331KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Kill Ourselves.png
331KB, 3840x2160px
>>29752287
Here, Anon. You inspired me. I think we all go through a phase in our lives where we are you for a bit.
>>
>>29752379
mike vogel could have had the idea for the characters, not necessarily written everything about them for himself. in any case hes already stated hes not involved with s7 so any argument pointing at him is already invalid.

MMC was supposed to be the end of the show. to that extent, of course it would have some event that feels finished like twilight becoming a princess. Larson wrote it himself. i dont recall him mentioning it was anyone elses idea but his.
however, he did say his story was changed last minute after the final script was handed in due to the series unexpectedly being renewed. a lot of his ideas were moved to the s4 premier. in his own words, he said something along the lines of twilight would have really 'earned' her wings with his original script because she accomplished something celestia could not.

to wrap up, it is well within the rights of the owner of something to pass down their own ideas and expect the team to implement them however they see fit. if anyone on here owned anything, they would sure fucking expect to have the same power over it. im really sick of all the hypocrisy.
>>
>>29752380
>we bronies
Funny, earlier you were making a complaint I would dare suggest reason to like the show. Yet use the label of fans who like the show to define yourself? I'm honestly at a loss as to where you even stand. Do you come to /mlp/ just to shitpost about the show and staff for the lulz? Are you revengefag?
>>
>>29752242
Yeah, Miller is just a damage controlling faggot but he has no cotnrol over the show. Mike Vogel is the actual mind behind MLP as of now after Faust left. Not Meghan. And he caused a lot of bad shit even if he also made some good shit.
>>
>>29752398
Do you plan on watching S7?
>>
>>29752381
aww did widdle jim get his jims in a jam?
>>
File: Untitled-1 (2).png (343KB, 778x998px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1 (2).png
343KB, 778x998px
>>29752409
Rarity being a "token girly character" was turned on its head by Tabitha so effectively that they basically went with whatever she did without correcting her. It takes a lot of imagination and professionalism to turn something this boring into one of the deepest characters in the show. But it takes just one stupid director or exec board order to ruin a thing forever.
>>
>>29752407
Stop samefagging.

Look, I don't care if you're "Tired" of seeing this type of thread or not. I don't give a shit about your precious feelings. If you want people to stop hating Jim or any other staff member, argue in his defense. Make him sound good. Point out the good he's done, if there is any. Spin us a sob story about how hard it is to be the director of a beloved children's show with a bunch of nobodies on the writing team nobody would miss. Tell us certain bad episodes were ordered by hasbro executives, and explain their reasoning, then tell us how you took the order and made it a good episode, like how season 1's writers took "Make Rarity love fashion" and wrote it into her character seamlessly or how season 2's writers took "Make a pony wedding with an alicorn" and gave us an episode that was kinda dumb but also pretty well-animated and with a great new villain you eventually fucked up.

And no, calling dissenters faggots or giggling or yelling "Salt!" or claiming that you "Don't need to explain yourself" won't win people over.
>>
File: 1474342233384.jpg (245KB, 628x787px) Image search: [Google]
1474342233384.jpg
245KB, 628x787px
>>29752364
The sad thing is that somebody showed this cap to Jim and the point still went over his fat bald head.
>>
>>29752409
>Hasbro may have demanded it, but good writers made it work.
YES! yes, you get it now. its on the writers to make things work. people keep bitching because hasbro is asking them to add certain things to their show and the writers dont know how to do it. blame the writers for poorly implementing ideas.

your perspective of jim seems skewed and buried in bias. the few interviews ive watched he says it was a team effort, he uses the word "we" a lot, and so on. dont presume to talk for him.
>>
>>29752376
>“Okay, they’ve still got it. They’re still on track with what we love about these characters.”
Said no FiM fan ever.
>>
>>29752437
>screencap taking all sorts of shit out of context to shit on someone
did you hear that pewdiepie is a nazi?
>>
>>29752379
>if jim didnt give a fuck he wouldnt waste his time replying. if he didnt give a fuck he wouldnt get emotional when people insult the show or accuse him of not caring.

And at the same time, if the fans didn't gave a fuck about the show they wouldn't be so fucking mad over all the dumb moves the staff has been making over and over.

They would just move on and let the show keep it's merry way to oblivion, but Jim only cares about fans when they kiss his butt, anything outside of that is "rude" according to him.
>>
>>29752421
Stop stalling and pick it up.

But sure, I'll grab your weak bait, so I can pull that pole out of your hands and smack you with it.

I didn't "Complain" that you'd suggest a reason to like the show. ...Why would you think I did? Did you misread my post, or do you just have downs?

I dared you to say one good thing about Jim Miller. When you failed to do that, I dared you to say one good thing about Jim Miller or season 6. You still haven't done this, Jimmy. Stop crying. Make a big boy argument.
>>
File: 46051-hasbromikevogel-edit.jpg (20KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
46051-hasbromikevogel-edit.jpg
20KB, 300x420px
>>29752379
My whole argument falls flat when it's only hints and theories based on what I've seen from power management of restauraunts, movies, tv series, cartoon shows. Right now Ridley Scott is being called a complete hack for Prometheus 2, everyone thought it was the writer's fault because the writer was some talentless shmuck who wrote the tv series LOST. But after he went away, everyone's been directing fingers at Ridley.

For example if Lauren Faust had stayed as executive producer and director on season 2, then the whole fanbase would have realized that the credits are not indicative of what's going on behind the scenes. Somebody could be pulling the strings and ordering their soldiers to execute their artistic vision.

Disney for example will not let their cartoon shows let go of morality endings, despite how annoying and obnoxious they are. Just like season 1's friendship lessons.

Usually when you write a show or a movie or anything. You have 1 person with an artistic vision which has to be followed.
Despite what everyone tells you, it is not a joint collaboration between likeminded people. It's usually 1 person in charge, ordering the others to follow his vision. That's how a show stays consistent.
Sometimes between the executive, producer, director, writers, the power grab can switch between 1 of 4 of them. For example The Last Airbender or Futurama being driven by writers with PhDs and natural talent. That's why Korra was so horrible without the original writers, and the 2 directors just winging it and pretending they were the talent behind the show.

There have been interruptions in the consistency like one joke slipping up, one plot idea slipping in(Discord's redemption episode), but the execution was never let alone. The original script for season 3's Discord episode, was suppose to have Discord wearing an amulet limiting his powers and even altering his behaviour. That got completely thrown out.
>>
>>29752457
a lot of the reasons i see people give for it being a "dumb" decision are almost always based on the idea they didnt like the direction the story went rather than there being anything inherently wrong with the idea itself.
ie; it could have been this instead, therefore what we have is bad.
>>
>>29752439
Writers need enough control to make their setting structured and internally consistent. You can't dump literally anything in a skilled writer's lap and tell them to make it work. If Cadence is an alicorn, for example, and you spent the entire first building building the princesses as the only two and the only alicorns, there's not really a way to slyly write Cadence in.

Instead you introduce Cadence and gloss over the alicorn thing like it's not even there.

And Twilight becoming a princess? Well now the show is forcing you to define what a princess is and what she really does. It turns out they decided "nothing" is what a princess does, but that's because they likely didn't want to be tied down constantly writing about political responsibilities or royal tradition.

Some of this stuff could be written for, but it would take your show in a vastly different direction, and the execs don't expect the show to fly off into left field. They want things to remain exactly the same as they were, but also Twilight is a princess. So you're fucked, in other words.
>>
>>29752386
if you don't like people critcrizing ur show maybe u should resign or at least quit twitter
>>
>>29752459
>Are you going to give us a big boy explanation of why you like this show
Sounds pretty combative towards liking the show to me, Desu. What's your reason for being here if you don't like the show?
>>
>>29752462
>Discord wearing an amulet limiting his powers and even altering his behaviour
Really? Actually first time hearing about this.
>>
>>29752457
Bronies care about the show they love and don't want to see ruined. That's normal. Jim Jam either cares about his easy ticket to fame so much that he'll get butthurt when people get tired of his shit, or doesn't care that he's shit and doesn't care when people criticize him.
>>29752449
Jimmy, that screenshot isn't out of context, you're just a big baby and nothing you've said or done in this thread or anywhere else has challenged that belief. Go through this thread, count how many times I said "Change my view", and count how many times you said "No, now stop having that view, faggot!".
>>
File: bored meme.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
bored meme.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>29752242
As much as you hate him. The show belong to him. it always was. Literally every writer like Larson, Rogers or even McCarthy herself was just a freelance writer who helped writing his shit. He hired Faust to revitalise MLP because he was a fan of G1 and wanted someone creative to design the new generation. He never intended for Faust to "become Rebecca Sugar" of MLP. He was the original brony who wanted to become a writer and not a Hasbro executive. After Lauren realised it. she left. In the end he's the source of both good and bad stuff on the show. Discord reformation, Twilicorn, Starlights reformation, Changelings reformation, Crystal Castle and Flurry Heart. But also Trixies return, Fluttercord, CMC getting their cutie mark, Slice of Life episode, Rainbow Dash graduation or return of G1 characters is also by his will. Entire MLP MOvie is basically his work, too since he wrote all the characters.

Basically to hate Vogel and to remove him from MLP is like hating on Seth McFarlane and removing him from Family Guy. McCarthy leaving will have lesse impact on the show than Vogel leaving.
>>
>>29752467
>Writers need enough control to make their setting structured and internally consistent
i agree, but theres been nothing to suggest writers dont have all the control they need. i would actually like some proof that proves one way or the other, but until then ill go with the logical idea that they wouldnt make demands they knew the writers couldnt carry out.

yes, you can dump literally anything into a skilled persons lap and they can make it work. they had a 2 parter presented to them to introduce cadance. thats plenty of time to build up everything.

all of what youre saying can be blamed on writers for not conceptualizing properly. from the outside it feels like theyve never gotten together and gotten on the same page about lore.
>>
>>29749489
So basically their scraping the bottom of the barrel here and running out of ideas for new episodes.

Now they're going to literally bring AJ's parents back from the dead?
>>
>>29752467
The worst thing that can happen to a show with character progression and arcs is having a forced status quo. A lot of problems stem from this and the further we go the more it will spawn. Rarity and Dash just now realised their S1 established dreams so now what do they do with them? Apparently pretend like nothing change.
>>
>>29752484
>>29752017
my bad, heres the correct link.
>>
>>29751279
Fuck off, Jim. You're a shit writer
>>
>>29752467
Have you considered writing that Cadence "Only looks like an Alicorn and doesn't have the power or training to back it up"? Fans have made better justifications.
>>29752466
ITT: People explaining why the execution of bad ideas are bad, and pointing out that when Hasbro demanded Rarity love fashion, good writers made it work.

Take responsibility for your actions and try harder. Next time you have a board meeting, argue a little better. Next time you have a staff meeting, yell a little louder. If you get fired for saying no to Hasbro big wigs, you've just become a fucking hero in the eyes of bronies across the world, the perfect example of a writer standing up for what he loves. People don't respect you now because you haven't earned it, so change that.
>>
File: medium.png (44KB, 622x351px) Image search: [Google]
medium.png
44KB, 622x351px
>>29752439
>>
>>29752476
>Fluttercord
It's a little dumb. Only reason I like it because it's so stupid.

>CMC getting their cutie mark
Ended the arc for the characters with a really disappointing resolution. Not a thing to be proud of.

>Slice of Life
You mean the "jumping the shark" episode? Come on, Larson wrote that and not even he was excited for it.

>Rainbow Dash graduation
Another bungled character arc terminating at deadly velocity. Come on, now.

You can't say Vogel is responsible for good things too, then only list the worst things the show has done.
>>
>>29752476
All things you listed were bad though, what's the good stuff?
>>
>>29752001
>It's "Rarity opens a store" episode
And they say AJ is boring
>>
>>29752462
That was actually a retarded idea with that collar on Discord reformation. The one behind it was Teddy Antonio who was a son of some Hasbro executive in the first place. Meghan corrected his ideas but Vogel was probably behind the overall idea of reforming him.
>>
>>29752379
I'm sorry for my abysmally slow writing. You probably have no idea who's the real me in this ocean of anonymous anymore.

This is me.
>>29752242
>>29752280
>>29752462

I don't want anyone to actually believe that I think like this:
>>29752409
>>29752439
I'm sorry, but when you're putting 4 million dollars into an artistic project, you will start feeling like a dick and start taking over creative control.

Even during S1 the executives have been nothing, but hypocritical baggage trying to drag Lauren down with things like 10 minute episodes only, no queen nicknames, no real continuity between episodes(despite Strawberry Shortcake and Hanazuki having plenty)

The cartoon was originally going to be 10 minutes long just like Star Vs and Bunnicula if Lauren hadn't said anything and didn't constantly try to sway it in her favor and convince them why it's a better idea to do it her way.

Even during the loved Suited For Sucess "see this is what happens when you let creative control to the talented people", was actually the most executive mandated episode in season 1. The team had other ideas for the dresses (Fluttershy's french dress) and in the end Hasbro ended up forcing Faust and Studio B into delivering the cutesy wootsie vapid stereotypical dresses which Faust was so against it.

It's hilariously sad how the show stopped aiming to be cutesy the moment Faust left. Just like how Princess Luna was not allowed in season 1, but was allowed in seasons 2++
>>
>>29752504
that doesnt speak about anything limiting the writers with implementing ideas passed down by hasbro, thats shows that they can come up with their own ideas and ask hasbro if they can use it.

that shows the opposite of hasbro not giving writers control. thanks.
>>
>>29752466
I will give you an example of dumb moves: introducing game changing... changes (duh) into the series and then doing absolutely nothing with them.
Like for example Twilight becoming a princess and nobody in Equestria is shown giving a fuck about her.
>>
>>29752491
It's not about keeping a status quo. It's about the characters arriving at more logical conclusions that fit their roles. Dash dreams of being a Wonderbolt, but a Wonderbolt isn't who she is. That requires a ton of discipline and education. She wanted that because she was insecure and craved both love and attention.

The more realistic thing would be for Dash to realize she's achieved success in another way. Her way. She found real self-validation. She'd realize she's part of this nation-saving team that people look up to, and while she didn't reach her old goals, she's become someone that other ponies want to be.

>>29752500
You can't just say that Cadence is a shitty alicorn. Her being alive at all opens up a lot of questions, and the show has never properly addressed how she came to be in the first place. The comics did, but the show hasn't.

You have to do something extraordinary and be great to be an alicorn. Supposedly this is what Twilight learned, but Cadence being garbage defies that. It really doesn't work.

You can come up with flimsy pretexts to explain away conflicts, but the problem is that they're always going to be flimsy. If you firmly establish the first two alicorns as royalty and goddess-like entities, you can't just add a third one and have her be the main character's babysitter.
>>
>>29751871
Don't talk shit about the Girls Scout mah boi
>>
>>29752506
I only watch this shit for fluttercord to be honest.
>>
>>29752513
it's a "ponies stay indoors" episode followed by a "ponies go outside for a moment but then they stay indoors elsewhere" episode
>>
>>29752520
Not the guy you're responding to, but you're making a lot of claims of facts about what goes on behind show production. Do you have sources that can verify any of your claims?
>>
>>29752522
That shows an example of how one of the biggest fuckups wasn't Hasbro's fault but Jim and company's fault instead.
>>
>>29752379
>you do need to respect that position.
When we get shit like previously never mentioned siblings and alicorn ascendency out of nowhere at the expense of a good story, fuck respecting the people responsable for that.

And how the fuck have they given them freedom when they force these toys on them, or completely edit their scripts behind their backs?
>>
>>29752527
Cadance being a baby-sitter probably irks me the most. How did that came to be at all? Was it Celestia who ordered her to do it or something? How did Cadance know Twilight's parents? Did she have nothing else to do during the day?
>>
>>29752527
>You have to do something extraordinary and be great to be an alicorn
Fix your own mistakes? Finish someone else's work? Truly extraordinary.
>>
https://twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/770626215677988865

Jim whines and moans when somebody criticrizes his shit but he LOVES to bash and insult other people's work,

Fucking hypocrite, no wonder nobody wanted to marry him.
>>
>>29749489
A flashback about AJ parents
>>
File: French_Haute_Couture.png (952KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
French_Haute_Couture.png
952KB, 1366x768px
>>29752520
>Suited For Success/Suited For Failure was actually the most executive mandated episode in season 1. The team had other ideas for the dresses (Fluttershy's french dress) and in the end Hasbro ended up forcing Faust and Studio B into delivering the cutesy wootsie vapid stereotypical dresses which Faust was so against it.
The moral making Rarity(the executive) in the right, despite making a promise and not keeping it. Then saying "uggh" against Fluttershy's dress design. But Rarity getting her dress idea without any alterations and then the main 5 dumbly saying sorry in defeat and Rarity getting it her way.
>>
>>29752520
29752379 (You)
I don't want anyone to actually believe that I think like this:
29752439 (You)
t-thanks.

its funny how compromise works on a team, isnt it? hasbro said yes on some ideas, and no on others. thats their right as owner. they make the most from this show and therefore it is within the best interest to make sure it succeeds. they already took a big chance with a lot of the ideas faust had since it flew in the face of how theyd always done things. not everyone is willing to gamble with millions of dollars which is why we see so much rehashed shit in most other media.

i dont know how you can say it stopped aiming to be cutesy. just because they dont act like this is a toddler show where all the characters giggle over absolutely nothing doesnt mean its no longer cutesy.

>>29752525
>and then doing absolutely nothing with them
agreed, and thats yet another problem with the writers, not hasbro.
>Twilight becoming a princess and nobody in Equestria is shown giving a fuck about her
a multitude of episodes say otherwise.
>>
>>29752567
Nice tu quo que lad
>>
>>29752462
>The original script for season 3's Discord episode, was suppose to have Discord wearing an amulet limiting his powers and even altering his behaviour. That got completely thrown out.
That's pretty dark. Putting a power limiter on him is alright, but having it "Alter his behavior"... No wonder it didn't get approved. Aren't the ponies supposed to be good guys? That's as fucked up as Twilight having a whole shelf dedicated to "Redemption Spells".
>>
>>29752561
Okay, but see? This is exactly the point. The show says verbally that you have to do something great to be an alicorn, but here's Cadence over here, and Princess McFlurry over there, and Twilight actually didn't do anything great at all. Then you start to notice Celestia losing every right, and gradually you start to feel like the whole goddess thing was a big fat lie. Alicorns aren't merit-based, it's just a spell you cast and you become one. They also aren't more powerful than anyone else - they only pretend they are.

The problems where the execs tell the writers to add new alicorns or make characters into alicorns is what causes these conflicts and makes all the alicorns feel cheaper. We're up to five now. The show has six main characters so that quite a lot of alicorns from the audience's perspective. Especially when four of them aren't capable of anything.
>>
>>29752546
>ye olde glimmer was a mistake
not everyone feels this way anon, which was my point when it came to creative decisions not inherently being bad. you may not like the directions they chose but that doesnt necessarily mean they were bad ones.

>>29752552
if you cant write, you shouldnt be a writer. its as simple as that.

>completely edit their scripts behind their backs
do you have any evidence of this, let alone it being a regular occurrence?
>>
>>29752541
Not him, but Larson confirmed that at least Vogel was responsible for Slice of Life episode and Discord reformation.

Seeing how he wrote toddler book about Flurry, it just seem obvious that he came up with the idea himself.

Other are just assumptions since Stephen Davis and Brian Lenard never had any clue about the show and its lore, its unlikely that they come up with any controversial plot lines forced into the show. Only McCarthy and VOgel had that knowledge. At best some of them might have been brain stormed by entire show staff, like most likely Starlight focused arcs.
>>
>>29752577
virgin detected
>>
>>29752525
Hell, you could even make an episode about that.

Some jerk: The only REAL alicorns in my book are Celestia and the other one! Get out of my store, impostor!

Some guard the plot needs to NOT be moved when Twilight tells him to move: Sure, like I'd accept that some third alicorn can just appear out of nowhere. Nice costume, kid!

Some group of salty citizens: We're mad because we're not Alicorns! We therefore hate you, and will keep hating you until you prove to us you're good enough to be an Alicorn!
>>
>>29752591
We've already had threads where we discuss why Glimmer is a bad character and why obsessing about her and shilling her is bad for the show, not "Just a new direction we don't like". Can you look one up in the archives?

Also, Ye Olde Glimmer has a better reason for wanting the holiday she finds annoying erased from human history than the real Glimglam has for trying to erase the concepts of individuality, talent and skill. Both are Broly-tier dumb, but real Glimmer is dumber.
>>
>>29752587
>here's Cadence over here
i didnt read the book she became an alicorn in so im not sure how she earned it, but since thats the lore then she did.

>McFlurry over there
born an alicorn, same as celestia and luna. thats lore.

>Twilight actually didn't do anything great at all
no one is going to argue against that. the original script was likely far better and would have been more satisfying, but sometimes shit happens beyond anyones control.

as for their power, they most certainly are. lore holds that it used to take 10 unicorns to raise and lower the sun and moon, and over time it would actually drain their magic until they had none left. celestia and luna are attached to the sun and moon and it actually rejuvenates them rather than drains them which is why theyre seemingly immortal.
not to mention everything with tirek. he drained literally everyone in equestria and twilights till went toe to toe with him in a battle using only 4 alicorns worth of magic. then he grew incredibly strong after he absorbed that.
>>
>>29752611
>We've already had threads where we discuss why Glimmer is a bad character
thats nice, but its still based entirely on opinion. ive had discussions where she was a good idea. look them up in the archives.
>>
>>29752541
I'm making educated guesses. I'd give my right arm to get a true behind the scenes which confirms all my allegations. Till then only the writers and people sticking their noses everywhere, such as Vogel, are able to tell us what really happened. But none of them are going to expose the full image completely to us. All we're going to get are tiny pieces of puzzles to try and make the full image true.

Till then we know what the final result looks like, but we don't know how it came to be step by step. Who did what in a precise and exact way. At most we know a part of it, but never the full picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQxkgEUG-xs
>>
>>29752629
>I'm making educated guesses
educated guesses pulled from what personal experience?
>>
>>29752616
>i didnt read the book she became an alicorn in so im not sure how she earned it, but since thats the lore then she did.
Okay, no, fuck you. If we have to buy books and read supplementary material to understand how a character came to be a super special magical goddess when in the show she doesn't do anything special, then we may as well hireChris Metzen from Blizzard to write for the show.

The comics aren't even considered canon if the show contradicts them. The show could come out with a new episode that says Cadence got it from helping another pony get through a bad case of the flu, and that would be the only canon on the subject.

>>29752629
>I'd give my right arm to get a true behind the scenes which confirms all my allegations.

Why, anon? That's like wanting to give your right arm to know how Turkmenbashi's regime became a clusterfuck. The usual answer is that the entire power structure was a mess headed by a stupid person, so it's chaos from the top down. If you got in, you'd learn so much nothing. You should give your arm to be a fly on the wall for a team that's actually doing well.
>>
>>29752623
No, show those threads to me. I've never seen a "Glimmer is good" thread that wasn't just "Hurr durr people that hate her are opinionated" or "She'd be good to fuck because self-loathing". And because you're making the extraordinary claim here, you need extraordinary evidence.

Of course, I can always show you some anti-glimmer stuff that'll explain reasons for disliking her. If you're dedicated to your "Well that's just, like, your opinion, man" garbage, it won't sway you, but I can post it for the others in the thread anyway. Glimmer is a Mary Sue with a badly rushed redemption arc. She's being shilled at the expense of other characters and the story's logic. Remind me again, why is she stronger than Alicorn Twilight "Element of Magic and Student of Celestia" Sparkle? Could it be that writers just thought it'd be cool to give the Sue super special powers?
>>
File: 144_mario-embassador.gif (36KB, 561x406px) Image search: [Google]
144_mario-embassador.gif
36KB, 561x406px
>>29752629
Hey anon, if you're going to post Hotel Hell then at least start with episode 4. It's much more beginner-friendly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsBOmLEUN8k
>>
>>29752651
>Okay, no, fuck you
so aggressive anon. the show is focused on the m6 and their adventures, not cadance. i personally would like if theyd make episodes about the multitude of other characters, but they dont. the book, along with the book of the two sisters, were commissioned by hasbro and written by actual show writers for the sole purpose of supplying lore for those interested. if youre not interested in lore then dont read them, otherwise dont complain you dont understand the lore.

>comics
>canon

>>29752654
>I can always show you some anti-glimmer stuff that'll explain reasons for disliking her
oh im sure you could. i dont doubt you have a folder full of archived threads and screencaps with these opinions against her just ready to be posted at anyone who dares think otherwise.

>glimmer is a mary sue
you have no idea what a mary sue is.

>rushed redemption arc
yes, a full season is hardly enough for redemption. if only she could be hit by a magical rainbow of goodness like NMM and be redeemed instantly and without question without learning shit about anything. thats what a good writer would do, right?

>She's being shilled at the expense of other characters and the story's logic
use specific examples when arguing points, not vague claims.

>Remind me again, why is she stronger than Alicorn Twilight
finesse has nothing to do with strength. a powerful swordsman could be cut down by a much weaker individual who is able to handle his blade better. shes at least as practiced in the arts of magic as twilight which was shown the very first time she was introduced.
>>
>>29749489
Lol is that a professional way of inviting a celbrity voice actor?
I thought Hasbro executives would call their managers or something.
>>
File: 1489756137743.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1489756137743.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>29752683
also
>tweeting to a user who tweeted last time in 2012 and thinking he still uses twittet.
>>
>>29752673
>if only she could be hit by a magical rainbow of goodness like NMM and be redeemed instantly and without question without learning shit about anything. thats what a good writer would do, right?
You aren't making a good case by comparing apples to oranges, anon. It's still not clear why she even was Nightmare Moon in the first place.

As opposed to knowing that a character started a cult because she was upset her boyfriend left town when she was six years old, but now she's repentant because... fucking why? Her motive is insane to start. We'd practically need magic just to make sense of that.
>>
Does anyone really care about her parents? They're just being given celebrity voices and a stock plot told in a flashback.
>>
>>29752698
Not particularly, although I'm open to be pleasantly surprised.

I only "care" about her parents insomuch as I'm going to be pissed if they casually overturn meaningful hints and story development since the beginning of the show.
>>
>>29752692
were talking about redemption which is what NMM got when she was hit by a ranibow. all those bitter feelings that made her NMM to begin with vanished, and yes we know thats what happened because its literally stated in the very first episode.
how about discord turning good because fluttershy wouldnt be his friend anymore? my point still stands that her redemption took place over the course of a season and concluded with her seeing with her own eyes that her actions lead to the destruction of equestria. only a true sociopath wouldnt let that dissuade their decisions.

>y because x
her being abandoned as a filly was the start of a snowball down a hill. they dont show the entire trip down but im sure theres quite a bit between "my friend left when i was a kid" and "i run a cult in the middle of nowhere"
>>
>>29752409
There was also getting rid of pony-pulled trains. Say what you will about the colour of the Friendship Express, at least it's believable and actually has memorable episodes and scenes in it (unlike a certain castle).

>>29752591
>do you have any evidence of this, let alone it being a regular occurrence?
Larson himself said when talking about MMC (his involved no starswirl mentions, a pandora's box, and the vines we saw in the S4 premier).

We also heard Cadence get called a unicorn in the dialogue (and staff saying she wasn't meant to have wings at all). Then there's self explanatory stuff like Flurry Heart where it doesn't look like they'll be able to actually answer the questions of why she exists that the dialogue itself brought up. Sure it probably doesn't happen mid-season most of the time (with a much better ratio of good to bad changes from what I recall)

>>29752629
>I'd give my right arm to get a true behind the scenes which confirms all my allegations.
For a while, I've been asking why nobody in this fandom (who's willing to attend a con or have non-discreet poni on their social media) is refusing to ask at a con or online "who specifically comes up with ideas such as progresing twilight to become a princess/relate EQG to FIM instead of being its own thing/Flurry heart/the crystal empire/the friendship castle/etc.?" I mean, someone was willing enough to ask Jim who came up with Starlight's redemption, why not ask McCarthy or Larson or what not at a con? Sure we all know it's probably a Hasbro exec, but it would at least set who's who in stone. Or give us a major twist by exposing that Meghan was the real evil all along.
>>
>>29750550
He looks like a prime example of a nu-male cuck libshit. Either that or a pedophile trying to get all buddy-buddy with Soros in hopes of getting on the island. I feel like someone broke his nose right after that photo was taken and was let off the hook just for how much of a condescending faggot Jim looked like prior.
>>
>>29752704
>Larson himself said when talking about MMC
that was an uncommon event where he wrote a finale to end the series, and the series was continued after it was written.

>We also heard Cadence get called a unicorn in the dialogue (and staff saying she wasn't meant to have wings at all)
where was this? as far as im aware she was originally a pegasus.

>flurry heart
>why she exists
because when an alicorn has sex they make other alicorns.
>>
>>29752651
I'm the anon who posted Ramsay and Vogel. If you or anyone else would like to keep contact on and off to share thoughts, perhaps on the upcoming season 7 premiere or something similar, here's my new throw-away mail. I can do dismissive shitposting, positive monkey ranting and calm discussion, pick your preferred part.
https://pastebin.com/m6huAaxn
>>
>>29751715
>pic
Kek. Everything about this just makes me smile.
>>
>>29752701
So if they actually are dead, then everything is okay?
>>
>>29752714
>where was this?
"How many unicorns can just spread love like that wherever they go?"-Twilight.
You could probably chock up that line to not using fan terms in the show (and with SOL, let's pray they never go any further), but I'm pretty certain there was confirmation from staff that she wasn't meant to have both a horn and wings, either that or not be royalty.

The pegasus thing was from her backstory book which came out years after ACW's production began.
>>
>>29752711
He has been playing his part after he turned 40 and had to accept that his youth days are long over.
Now he's really grasping at straws to make himself look better on the women's eyes.
>>
>>29752736
that sounds like a line that youre misinterpreting to mean cadance is the unicorn, not asking what unicorns can do what she does.
>>
>>29752107
Did he really said that? What an asshole.

Saying fuck you to people who actually gave this show the success it has now.
>>
>>29749489
>Oh boy, I can't wait for the season 7!

I can't wait for Jim's pathetic damage control attempts and his infantile anti-logic where he uses an arm to push the critics away and uses the other to grab them and keep them from leaving.

> "Why don't you wait until you watch the premiere before you criticrize it?"
> "Why don't you watch more episodes before you criticrize this season's direction?"
> "I'm sorry you aren't enjoying this season, why don't you watch more episodes before you decide you don't like it?"
> "WHY DO YOU KEEP WATCHING THIS SEASON IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT?"

See, Jim's "Stop watching if you don't like what we do" argument would work if, and only IF he wouldn't keep saying his "K-keep watching before you decide" argument over and over again.

If you check his dumb discussions he always tries to find a way to stand on both sides at once but never compromising with any side so he could keep jumping and changing sides whenever he needs to.
That's something a little kid does, not a 41-year old fart.
>>
I used to want to know what happened to Spikes parents but now I'm not sure.
>>
>>29752751
>Misinterpreting.
Here's the full line:
Twilight Sparkle: How many unicorns can just spread love wherever they go? I only know of one! And you're marrying her! [sing-song voice] You're marrying Cadance! You're marrying Cadance!
>>
>>29752790
i see. youre right, that is a big oversight. someone should ask them to clarify how that happened.
>>
>>29752796
Which goes back to my initial post asking why no one who can seems willing to ask for clarification on the big questions, especially when we managed to get an answer out of Jim on Starlight.
>>
>>29752734
If they're actually dead, then that's at least one massive gaping pitfall avoided.

The episode could still be shit, but at the very least they won't have happily run roughshod over a meaningful aspect of the Apple family.
>>
>>29752736
>>29752790
Not the anon you're responding to, but FYI the show also referred to Celestia and Luna as "unicorns". From the transcript of the first episode (the instances are highlighted with asterisks):
>Narrator: Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, there were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her *unicorn* powers to raise the sun at dawn; the younger brought out the moon to begin the night. Thus, the two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects, all the different types of ponies. But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. The ponies relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger *unicorn* refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young one's heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness: Nightmare Moon.
I would posit that perhaps before they introduced the word "Alicorn" into the show's lexicon through the episode Magic Duel, they were perhaps referring to alicorns simply as winged unicorns.
>>
>>29752840
>If they're actually dead, then that's at least one massive gaping pitfall avoided.
Were we not told we're getting a flashback romeo and juliet (apples and pears) episode?

>>29752847
Thought that, but there's still the question of the staff saying that they were told to give her wings. Or make her a Princess, even though they're one in the same since S3.
>>
>>29752858
We were, though that doesn't mean they're absolutely dead either. But yes, that ambiguity is why I'm not flipping out and insisting the episode is already completely ruined.
>>
>>29752876
>We were.
That really brings up a lot of implications with the changeling-AJ eating a pear scene.
>>
>>29752892
Arguably we can say that AJ leans much, much more strongly to the apple side of the family - to the point that it was still a meaningful tell in her particular case.

But yes, I do agree that her having a Pear parent does seem... out of line, to say the least, for what we've seen.
>>
>>29752904
I mean that we have an AJ clone that's meant to be her opposite by being evil, so we have it eating the fruit her mother 'descends from', implying that the reall (good) AJ would never eat a pear.
>>
>>29752904
It would make more sense if one of her parents were an orange instead of a pear. It would certainly gel better with the fact that she has an aunt and uncle Orange and be a nice bit of continuity overall, I think.
>>
>>29753020
Won't deny that.

I think that's one of my big issues with the show these days in a nutshell: Disregarding a long-time bit of the world (close-knit apple family/orange relatives) for a once-off gimmick (romeo and juliet love story).
>>
File: punishment.jpg (22KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
punishment.jpg
22KB, 600x686px
>>29753020
But then they couldn't come up with some sweet puns like if AJ's parents were still alive they would have made a nice pear
>>
>>29753057
The Oranges wouldn't dislike the Apples though. The Pears would.
>>
>>29752776
He said it to a whiny Youtube personality that was antagonizing him.
>>
>>29753074
Why not? They wouldn't be related to AJ until after her parents were married, after all.
>>
>>29753139
>>
File: 1486710268870.png (101KB, 636x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1486710268870.png
101KB, 636x1107px
> Joshua is a literal autistic person who follows Jim around to agree on anything he says to see if Sempai throws a bone to him.
>>
>>29749489

Flashback faggot
>>
>>29753586
>>29754941
>>
>>29749587
I really hate a lot of the people who work on the show.
>>
>>29751498
lots of classic kids' stories have orphans in them
>>
>>29749489

> Show staff plays coy to mess with fans, winky face and all.
> Fans too autistic to let things go unconfirmed.
>>
bumpo
>>
File: 1461243883775.jpg (65KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
1461243883775.jpg
65KB, 567x561px
>>29755561
There is that one Miller fag who is this autistic that he take Millers tweets out of context to make memes about him. Like trying to force the narration that Aj's parents are on vacation instead of dead and not including the bit of information that Jim was talking about the time where Aj and Big Mac were being retarded with Filthy Rich episode and their parents were not present. It was obvious that they coudn't be dead if Applebloom wasn't born so he suggested that they went on vacation that day in the flashback.

As long as this retard will keep on creating an intended disinformation for the sake of malice I will refuse to listen to whatever shit is he trying to convey.
>>
>>29752107
>Jim: Fuck em. We don't make the show for them. We make it for all the little girls who love it.

https://youtu.be/FZJk_zdFDhQ?t=21m14s
>Father: What did you think everybody?
>Girl: I don't know? Does my little pony episodes has been going down hill lately?

No Jim. Even little girls think the show is shit now.
>>
File: applejack heresey.png (436KB, 613x422px) Image search: [Google]
applejack heresey.png
436KB, 613x422px
>>
>>29756929
That's awkward as fuck.
>>
>>29757024
>>
>>29756162
>As long as this retard will keep on creating an intended disinformation for the sake of malice I will refuse to listen to whatever shit is he trying to convey.

That's a very contrived way to say you are a completely useless person who literally has nothing to do with his life than sitting around 24/7 to see if you can find something to fight and counter to feel like you are accomplishing something.

Go outside. Meet real people. Get a job, shed some pounds, catch some sun, live a little.
Anything but literally wasting your life by playing Internet Vigilante and then pretend that the other ones are the real losers here.
>>
>>29757799
You are still the loser who has nothing else to do but screencap the twitter of some fat loser. Your advice should be 100% applied to yourself. Along with some help from a mental specialist.
>>
>>29757858
> Not even remotely him but thanks for confirming in front of everyone that the internet is literally your entire world and outside of that there's nothing else for you.

But by all means, keep going, I'm sure your parents will suuurely love to have a son so brave and useful as you.
Totally worth the time and money they spent on you.
>>
File: 4d54a6c767johncena.jpg (48KB, 600x835px) Image search: [Google]
4d54a6c767johncena.jpg
48KB, 600x835px
JOHN CENA HERE coming at you with a brand new show discussion place on chatzy.

http://us21.chatzy.com/69822825517155
>>
File: 1469047511545.png (265KB, 350x487px) Image search: [Google]
1469047511545.png
265KB, 350x487px
>>29752128
>that pic
How horrifying.

This is truly the worst of all universes.

Bye bitches. When I get back to a future where Faust is running season 8, I'll send you a timestamped postcard.
>>
>>29757884
Nobody cares, stahp posting this.
>>
>>29752391
McCarthy and Vogel did not work on season 7 to my knowledge. The former was busy with the movie, the latter.. eh, who cares.
>>
>>29756929
A young girl, who's a relative of mine, doesn't watch the show anymore. She loves Equestria Girls and the old episodes though.

Good job Miller and co.
Thread posts: 278
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.