[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever figured out what the fuck was Neal Dusedau's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: dusedau.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dusedau.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
Has anyone ever figured out what the fuck was Neal Dusedau's problem? Did he not want to be on the series to begin with, or did he just not watch an episode at all? I remember Larson saying that he was difficult to work with.

I mean, all of Dusedau's episodes were shit and he responded to criticism very poorly. Then he gave up even trying to interact.
>>
File: ddd.png (120KB, 563x600px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.png
120KB, 563x600px
Pic related
>>
>>29747930
he probably has a superiority complex
>>
>>29747930

He has a very punchable face. Also, he was part of a package deal with Confalone.
>>
>>29748003
I wonder if he actually wanted to write on it or if it was his agent doing it for him. How much can two episodes on FiM really do for your career, especially when you made no friends with the other creators on it?
>>
>>29747930

I like his response, desu. It's a bullshit question
>>
>>29747930
>>29748003

In all likelihood, he just wrote the episodes for a paycheck and nothing else.
>>
Dusedau's episodes are not canon
>>
>>29747930
>all of Dusedau's episodes were shit
I disagree, only Princess Spike was objectively shit.
What About Discord was a pretty decent episode with a good moral that a person doesn't have to be the center of everything their friends do and also made Spike a proper level-headed straight man to Twilight acting desperate and Discord was his usual dickish self.
Applejack's "Day" Off was a fairly average episode that nonsensically gets overstated how bad it is. A boring slice of life episode doesn't necessitate to the episode being bad, or else how the fuck did the first season get so popular when most of the episodes were SoL that had little to no excitement in them? And the dumb criticism that it makes Applejack out to be retarded when it's perfectly normal for people to fall into ineffective routines out of familiarity and even shown in the episode that sometimes it takes an outside eye to spot where the problem with the routine lies.

But I do agree he was overly sensitive about people saying mean words on a public website where he has the ability to block or ignore shit opinions yet chose instead to give butthurt responses.
>>
>>29748043
It wasn't a question, it was an opinion that had no venom behind it. He took offense and tried to roast the person who said it, but it just makes him look like an ass.

>>29748118
What About Discord was garbage that didn't know what it wanted to do. And Applejack's Day Off isn't worth defending, especially when it implies that a character is literally retarded or something. It was above and beyond normal "fall into routine" stuff.
>>
>>29748118
my problem with What About Discord is that it's an extremely one-note that was an 11 min ep stretched to 22 making it a huge chore to get through

I was actually fine with ADO except the parts that showed Applejack and her entire family are giant retards when they could have illustrated the same point without making them seem completely incompetent.
>>
>>29748225

yeah, but he has zero obligation to even respond. I'm surprised that he did, really. None of the show staff should waste their time responding to these rabid, so-called fans.
>>
>>29748314
He took offense. He didn't need to.
>>
>>29748318

Yeah, but he did. And he's well within his right.
>>
>>29748324
Sure, but I can make fun of him for being a sensitive little bitch who can't write OR respond to criticism.
>>
>>29748330

Ok, yes, you can do that. But why would you want to? What exactly do you gain from doing that?
>>
>>29748225
>What About Discord was garbage that didn't know what it wanted to do.
Clearly, as I previously stated, it was about Twilight struggling with the idea that she doesn't have to be at the center of everything her friends do and Discord causing it because he's always been a dick. I thought it nailed that perfectly fine and disagree with your insinuation that it was "garbage".

>especially when it implies that a character is literally retarded or something
Again, I covered this in the previous comment. Falling into the trap of doing somethingwrong or unnecessary out of familiarity is very much common even in real life. Hyperbolically exaggerating Applejack's misguided routine is disingenuous and completely dismisses the point of the episode for the sake of strawmanning it's "weakest point" to discredit the episode.

>>29748254
>it's an extremely one-note that was an 11 min ep stretched to 22 making it a huge chore to get through
I disagree with that assessment, though there are several episodes that have a very limited focus that I wouldn't say makes them a chore to get through. I found WAD relatively entertaining in any case, specifically because it put Twilight in an awkward position she hasn't had to deal with in a couple seasons.

>except the parts that showed Applejack and her entire family are giant retards
Perhaps the parts of AJ showing how she does chores was a bit on the nose about it for the sake of showcasing the need for an outside perspective. I didn't think it made her look "retarded" exactly, just exceptionally neglectful of reevaluating how much shit she needed to do for her chores. Which was kind of the point of the episode.

And again I'm not saying ADO was good, not at all. It was just a boring SoL episode I think gets a ton of undeserved shit. Partly because it's become popular to shit on everything after s2, and partly for confirmation bias against Dusedau.
>>
>>29747930
I legitimately want to punch this guy in the face, the nuts, and the arm
>>
>>29748392
Don't make an episode where the entire idea is "You're not supposed to enjoy it."
>>
>>29748416
That wasn't the point of the episode. I've explained it twice already and I won't waste time continuing to repeat it for you to be dismissive rather than directly debate your disagreement.
>>
>>29748431
Discord never learned anything.
>>
>>29748392
fair enough

You'll probably continue to get flak for defending the ep and I feel for you, anon. I'm probably one of the few people who likes Spike at Your Service
>>
>>29748725
>that spoiler
I use to actually hate it myself, but someone here explained stuff I overlooked because of how much I hated Spike's inexplicable incompetence and I don't really hate the episode anymore. I still can't get over how they fucked up something as simple as him doing chores when that's literally most of what he does for Twilight. Other than that it was an okay episode
>>
>>29747930
Larson never said that. Just like he never said the new writers don't watch the show. He was speaking in general about shows he has worked on but never specified pony as having that problem. People who hate S6 just latched onto the idea because they wanted a valid, objective reason to hate on the show and to this day use the Larson interview as "proof" of the new writers not watching the show even though Larson makes no such statement.

>>29747939
That's honestly a based response, much better than how Jim would have responded. Fans talking to writers on social media is always a shit idea. Legitimate criticism comes from peers, not some asshole with a twitter account.
>>
>>29748886
The fan offered him a legitimate complaint and Dusedau didn't give him a legitimate response. Why bother responding?
>>
>>29748909
Is that you he blew off in the tweet? You're being pretty sensitive about it. Neal's response isn't even that bad, but you'd think he said 'nigger' by the way people keep bringing it up.

I know there was a fag on here at some point who constantly made threads when someone on the staff blew him off in a vain attempt to start fandom drama.

If you don't like Neal's writing, then fine. But don't be a colossal fag about it and make up blatant lies like OP and some other people in this thread.
>>
>>29748940
Hi, Neal.
>>
>>29747930
WHO IN THE FUCK IS HE HES NOT A PONEY
>>
>>29748946
Are you the jimfag too? That's your auto response whenever anyone calls out your baloney.
>>
File: its a prank bro.jpg (425KB, 1087x600px) Image search: [Google]
its a prank bro.jpg
425KB, 1087x600px
>>29748062
At least he didn't write 28 Wanks Later
>>
>>29749042
That was a good episode tho
>>
>>29747930
MLP is just a paycheck for him
>>
>>29747930
He's basically a poor mans Polsky who should have just remained silent with the fandom.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.