[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pony Town vs. Everfree Outpost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15

File: pony town vs everfree outpost.png (1MB, 1307x843px) Image search: [Google]
pony town vs everfree outpost.png
1MB, 1307x843px
Was wondering /mlp/'s general consensus on if Pony Town or Everfree Outpost is better.
For the uneducated:
Pony Town's an online be-your-oc chatroom which is a work in progress.
https://pony.town/character
Everfree Outpost's an online be-your-oc Minecraft-esque survival WIP.
http://play.everfree-outpost.com/
Discuss either in this thread
>>
>>29747422
Whatever lets me create Nyx better
>>
>>29747422
everfree outpost because it was developed with a lot of help directly from /mlp/
>>
>>29747429
So Everfree Outpost is better because of its development cycle, not because of its gameplay or the experience the player has playing the game?
>>
>>29747422
EO is a lot more interesting. I've been a regular there for a year now.

I mean what the fuck do you even do in Pony town? Just walk around? I mean it's boring as shit.
>>
lmao
here's the secret Pony Town server for anyone who wants to jump in
https://town.lawl.us/character
it's boring as fuck there's like 6 people on it regularly
>>
>>29747454
>Became a rock
>Became a stupid
>Became a retard
>Became a slut
>Became a cop
>Became Russian Bla bla bla
>Became autistic kid
>Became edgy
>Became sonic pony
>Became a horse
>Became a Undertale
>Became crossover-shit-that-i-don't-know-about

They talk and do role-play.
>>
>>29747454
to be honest it's more for people who like socializing, everfree outpost is better for introverted NEETs because you can entertain yourself there
>>
>>29747445
>not because of its gameplay
Pony town has no gameplay. It's just a chatroom with an OC creator slapped on.

While EfO is sparse, it still has actual shit to do.
>>
>>29747521
Correct, but you could have articulated that point a bit better than "/mlp/ made it so it's better"
>>
>>29747526
I wasn't the guy you replied to originally, just expanding his point.

Furthermore I wish the the dev behind EfO added puzzle dungeons like he said he wanted to. Even if they don't auto-generate themselves, it'd still be better than nothing.
>>
>>29747422

I liked outpost better if only because it had the more show accurate sprites

You could actually tell the difference between a mare and stallion in that one
>>
>>29747567
Yeah but OP has already in a previous thread, one of the content creator threads, that he was going to minimalism the sprites for the sake of speed in development. Essentially all pones will look like 8 bit hippos. I find that highly unwise.
>>
File: Capture.png (950KB, 926x437px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
950KB, 926x437px
>>29747422
None, I fucking hate "brony game devs" that waste 3 years worth of resources on making a socal chatroom or something that would have been created in less than 3 months.

Why don't you aim to play an actual video game with actual gameplay instead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kdJ3RNTzRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuHp3mN9DUg
http://www.equestriagaming.net/2017/01/ponyage-chronicles-open-weekend.html#more

http://ponyage.com/
https://discordapp.com/invite/GsUFWzd
>>
>>29747422
Between sand and mud, I pick MASHED POTATOES. >>29747865 actual to god honest food, an actual MMO pony game.
>>
>>29747865
How have I not heard of this before? This looks like everything I wanted in a pone multiplayer game.
>>
>>29747865
are you seriously being condescending to me right now?
>>
File: virus town.png (32KB, 662x523px) Image search: [Google]
virus town.png
32KB, 662x523px
>>29747479
comfy
>>
>>29747479
Grass Town is back?

Nice.
>>
>>29747422
I like how that image showcases some of the major problems with both games: PT has a tiny play area and overpopulation issues that just clutters their world whereas EO has an (perhaps necessary for resources) infinitely large map and low population so it's generally harder to find or track people to actually interact with.
>>
>>29747865
$0.10 has been deposited into your account. Thank you for your invaluable service in solicitation, team member ;^)
>>
>>29747865
go shill somewhere else, faget.
>>
>>29747880
>>29747945
>>29747865
samefag
>>
File: looking for gf.png (46KB, 889x987px) Image search: [Google]
looking for gf.png
46KB, 889x987px
>>29747865
But can I buy gf's?
>>
>>29747547
There are Puzzle dungeons in Outpost. Well, on the Main server. The preview server may not have any, but then again, it wasn't explored that far.
The dungeons are the pile of red crystals bunched togther. The puzzles are there in the main server dungeons, but they are gems. Art combination puzzle, where each side has a color and the middle is the RESULT of both colors. Like left side has red, right side has no color or blue. You add the color on the right, either blue or any other color, and add whatever gem color it makes. So left side has red, the right has blue, that means you add purple in the middle cause you get purple from mixing red and blue together.
>>
File: Twilight lost in tought.png (392KB, 1600x973px) Image search: [Google]
Twilight lost in tought.png
392KB, 1600x973px
>>29747422
>Everfree Outpost
>infinite procedually generated map filled ith mountains, caves, trees, rocks, and lakes
>small community that helps you build stuff, from towers and houses to castles and even racetracks, using very basic materials
>gets boring after maybe a couple of weeks without any progress rather than server optimizations and fixed bugs
>chat allows fluid and smooth communication
>players have been making adventures together since 2014
-RNGsus is not very kind, and dungeons often become tedious
Made by merely 1 code monkey

>Pony Town
>very advanced character customization
>a very small box of land that includes a couple of trees, a pair of rocks, some fences and some gifts that dont do anything at all
>huge fanbase
-nothing to do at all but roleplay and chat
-game gets boring after 3 hours
Made by 5 artists and 1 code monkey
>>
>>29747865
That looks exactly like Outpost, except the npc monster and the UI design. While Outpost is kinda a never ending world, your video suggests there are dungeons and different biomes. Oh wait, Outpost had different biomes too.

Also, this was made recently? Tried searching it and latest results are recent, from January 27 of this year. Also, you don't need to download a client for Outpost or Ponytown.

Pony ages was just shown on Equestria daily and Equestria Gaming, is that why you like it?
>>
>>29748400
Not him, but I'm looking forward to it because the game has combat, something that the other two online games lack. All I've ever wanted was a simple pone game where I can explore the world with friends, and beat the shit out of monsters. Hopefully the game can make the combat fun.
>>
>>29747422
Everfree Outpost is better mechanically, Pony Town has better pone customization.
>>
Bump.
>>
File: up ass.png (9KB, 278x184px) Image search: [Google]
up ass.png
9KB, 278x184px
bulp
>>
>>29747865
ooooooo~
>>
>>29747429
there's several people from /mlp/ on the dev team for pony town though
>>
Pony Town devs said they want a game more like the sims than minecraft.
>>
>>29751364
I think a more apt description would be Habbo. The Sims would require some degree of AI.
>>
Ponyage team doesn't really want to get into flamewars. At least not till we reach alpha stage to give out actual content.
We are aiming to for the next test by the release of mlp movie.
(Small unpolished preview included)
>>
>>29751414
[necksnapping excitement]
>>
>>29751379
Yeah, Sims has a significant "random" element to it with AI interaction and use of NPC's, their property and interactions to dictate the elements of the game a player must react to.
Plus, y'know, the whole building comfy murderhouses thing.
>>
File: jihn is upset.png (404KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jihn is upset.png
404KB, 1000x1000px
>>29751414
>We are aiming to for the next test by the release of mlp movie.
>"Oh cool so the summer then, right?"
>Movie comes out in October
>Mfw

>>29751424
Immediately thought of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1HGDIalRNU
>>
>>29747479
I've been waiting for the sekrit club to come back
>>
>>29748577
combat CAN make things more fun.
>>
>>29752922
I agree? I don't understand what you're saying.

A game doesn't need combat to be fun, but naturally then it should focus on other aspects. Animal Crossing for example doesn't have combat, but it's still a cozy and enjoyable experience.

Mineman, though while it does have combat, can but fully enjoyed without delving too much into it.

As previously stated, Ponytown is just a chatroom, and Everfree Forest doesn't quite have enough in it for me to pick it back up.

This new game looks like it's putting the focus on (multiplayer) combat, and some exploration. Two things that tend to go hand in hand, and something that no one has really done in the pone game scene yet. Legends of Equestria might have had a bit, but I remember it just being a tech demo since 2011.
>>
Alright last bump.
>>
>>29747422
Still waiting for Pony Town to add panties.
>>
>>29754947
so much this
>>
>>29747422
Ponytown is fun.
>>
File: AAAAAA.png (5KB, 309x176px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAA.png
5KB, 309x176px
>>29747422
Obvious answer
>>
Do either of them have a magic system?
>>
>>29755604
Ponytown has literally nothing beyond character creation and chatting.

I can't remember if Everfree has anything like magic. Last I checked it didn't.
>>
>>29755543
Trap fuse is best trap
>>
>>29755643
>Ponytown has literally nothing beyond character creation and chatting.
>Dating site
>>
I liked the recent in-game expression system update for ponytown
>>
>>29756508
they didn't put sex animation. you fucking retard.
>>
>>29747865
wtf
>>
>>29756607
That's coming later with the rest of the full body /emotes.
>>
I could leave this thread to 404. But then that means to have another retarded general to occupy the space while decent threads get deleted.
>>
>>29759120
Well said.
>>
Not today old friend.
>>
Europe reporting in. Good morning.
>>
File: it ded.png (24KB, 403x210px) Image search: [Google]
it ded.png
24KB, 403x210px
Whatever happened to LoE (Or EquestriaOnline as it was originally known before whatever drama happened)
>>
>>29761547
>the only server working is the circlejerk without monsters n' shit; aka pony.town 3d
>>
Are there any oldfags that still play Pony Town?
>>
>>29761547
As far as I know, they're still working on it.

From what I remember, we got some teaser gameplay back in 2012 or something, then they made no discernible progress until a year or so ago. Every now and then they hold open betas, and iirc they're trying to implement combat now.

We probably didn't hear much from them because Hasbro's C&D of Fighting Is Magic really spooked a lot of people having their projects in the open.
>>
>>29762485
>didn't hear much from them
What are you talking about? They've been holding public open server weekends every few months since 2012.

September 2012 - http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=4591
July 2013 - http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=7873.0
January 2014 - http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9870.0
April 2014 - http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10600.0
August 2014 - http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11989.0
January 2015 - http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13842.0
February 2015 - http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=14254.0
April 2015 - http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=14484.0
August 2015 - http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=15115.0
January 2016 - http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=15536.0
July 2016 - http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=16021.0

>Hasbro's C&D of Fighting Is Magic really spooked a lot of people having their projects in the open
The LoE team probably isn't too worried about a C&D, because they've carefully avoided using any Hasbro IP in their game.
>>
>>29762741
>they've carefully avoided using any Hasbro IP in their game
Equestria doesn't count as Hasbro IP?
>>
>>29762765
Nope, they don't have a trademark on that.
>>
>>29753204
>>29761547
>>29762485
>>29762741

Ok ok, First of all LoE is very much a game in development and continues to be in development. IOW= Nothing haulted or stopped.

The game does have combat, if you there for the last open server then you would of known.

The game also have went though many changes each open server and continues to go though many more changes. As of now, the game is in Closed Beta.

Noticeable progress is very often overlooked by the players. That is due to the players mindset vs the developers. Players will "Always" look at the aesthetics first.
Aesthetics > Dynamics > Mechanics.

Developers look at:
Mechanics > Dynamics > Aesthetics.

As there has been very little done Aesthetically the Mechanics is very often over looked and players don't see much change. But trust me, there have been significant change to many of the games internal systems including combat and chat.

If you have any additional questions or concern, just leave a comment and to my best of my abilities, and with in reason, I will try to answer.

-LoE Dev Team
>>
>>29762916
Dumb question but I'm not too smart with computers
Why have open server weekends instead of just having the servers always open? Is it a publicity thing, or does it have something to do with the servers, or money?
>>
>>29762162
Sometimes.
>>
>>29762788
What do they have trademarked then?
>>
>>29762916
How long until you guys create enough content for it to be a constantly open beta?
>>
>>29762916
Good question,
The open servers were really initially a stress test for our servers to overload it as much as it can handle. As we expect when full launch comes we will hit some pretty nasty loads. This also gives us the chance to test for many of the systems and see how others handle it.

As for why the servers are currently closed beta, is due to the fact that many new systems have been put in, a few other replaced. As there are numerous bugs we wanted a dedicated team which we could handle and have a workflow which we can manage onto making those systems stable. That is the current goal of the beta is to work out the kinks in the system.

Most major content has been already put in place and the Open Server Week Ends give us something to which we can share with the community. If we had an open server each time we updated, it would tend to get stale after a while and many features that we have long worked on probably would be over looked due to the fact that players looks at the aesthetics before the dynamics or mechanics.
>>
>>29763278 See
>>29763687 My mistake.

>>29763447
Right now we are still in the closed beta, and we are slowly bringing in more to the closed beta.

As you may or may not know, there is tons of content planed for LoE. At this time we are focusing on trying to work out the bugs in the system so when we do open the doors to all, it will go as smoothly as possible.

We are also trying to minimize any additional major content at this time till we know that all the previous content already in the game is running as smoothly as possible.
>>
>>29747422
>>29747865
these three together when
>>
oh wow that really looks like the lobby for fighting is magic (forgot name)
>>
>>29747865
You have obviously never once in your life got involved in game development.

If bashing other devs is supposed to be your PR message about the game, then you are no better than the marketing team behind EA games.

And if PR and marketing "is" supposed to be your thing. Tell us about the product you are selling. You know what the product marketing map is right? What are the highlights, the features? You claim to of made all this in 3 months but can't get a decent trailer?

If speed of development is a plus for your dev team, how big is your team? Who is your team, what are their rolls? Do they have any other titles? What about Experience? What makes this game better than any other you so discriminate against?

Sell me your product. Till then, all I can say is that I wish you luck on your endeavors as an evangelist for this product.
>>
>>29765275
Whoa, chill, anon. I don't think he's on the team, he's just a fan trying to promote what he sees as a clearly better product.
>>
File: 200 percent spookt.jpg (22KB, 195x333px) Image search: [Google]
200 percent spookt.jpg
22KB, 195x333px
I get the distinct feeling this >>29765275 poster is some kind of robot. Or perhaps English isn't their first language.
>>
>>29765366
Other than mild grammar errors, my spelling is pretty concise. So I think I missed your point.
>>
>>29765366
I... don't understand where you're coming from? His entire post seems perfectly readable and normal, albeit autistic.
>>
>>29765355
It is never a bad thing to be excited about a new product. In my own opinion I think that if you are going to go out of your way to promote something, it really isn't wise to put down everyone else. After all, his message doesn't come off as just being a fan but a spokesperson advocating the product.

It takes a tremendous amount of time and dedication to make a game. It isn't just art, if it were, then we can just slap together a power point slide show and pass it off as being a game. I don't thing anyone would really enjoy that too well.

It takes a team of programmers, artists, designers, writers, musicians just to name a few. The MLP fandom is mostly comprised of just that, fans. They aren't some AAA studio which has the members and budget to make a game which is to the same standards as all the other games we belove on our favorite consoles.

Half the time you have a team of one or perhaps 3 at most, and we share multiple hats to try and work on a piece of the game. So it takes time, skill, and dedication to get anything done with in a set time. So a year, is pretty impressive when you have other priorities, such as a job, college, or family to deal with. (Not everyone is a Neet you know).

So If I came on a wee bit strong, sorry. Just know that what everyone else does, in its own right is art. Even if it seems like it isn't going anywhere, someone had to make it, and it was that dedication that took them to even get that far. Try your own hand at it yourself and you will quickly realize how tedious it really is just to get as far as they did. So in that aspect, I give my respects, and I hope they polish their skills. Who knows, maybe they will be the next one to make an Indie hit.
>>
File: oh fuck skeletons.jpg (170KB, 336x480px) Image search: [Google]
oh fuck skeletons.jpg
170KB, 336x480px
>>29766049
>albeit autistic
I think that's it. It seems more autistic than average somehow.
>>
Considering EO has had a development gap as long as Pony Towns existence it's pretty clear to me who to root for.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.