[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Double Rainboom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: fef.png (2MB, 2700x4000px) Image search: [Google]
fef.png
2MB, 2700x4000px
What did you originally think the episode was going to be about?
>>
>>29747383
I thought it was going to be about a science experiment that went horribly wrong.
>>
>>29747383
and to think i stayed up at night to watch the premiere of this garbage

giant let down
>>
File: full.png (381KB, 1379x776px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
381KB, 1379x776px
>>29747383
Didn't they remove le ebin meme faec from the final cut?
>>
>>29747453
They didn't.
>>
>>29747421
I thought it was going to be some magical spirit monster growing stronger the more time it's alive.

Either that or a simple slice of life episode with Dash and Twilight, similar to Fall Weather Friends.
>>
>>29748238
To be fair, the trailer had warning signs at the end with the shot of Rainbow Dash in the PPG art style.
>>
>>29748249
I thought that was simply some artistic choice where the monster bends reality or Dash loses her magic or something. I really didn't expect PPG.

Even his Pinkie Pie comic book would have been a better story. I genuinely didn't expect Zach to go full retard.
>>
So what are your thoughts /mlp/?
>>
>>29747383
I didn't get on the ride until after season 3, so I went straight into the animation expecting a fan-made episode about Rainbow trying to push the Rainboom to the next level.
>>
>>29747383
It's been a while, but I know I didn't expect a straight 10 minutes of memes and references. The PPG part was good but everything else was trash imo. Song is good too.
>>
>>29747383
I was hoping for more season 1 and less of season 2's Lesson Zero.
>>
>>29747383
Cutesy and comfy. Guess this fandom doesn't understand what made the show good to begin with.
>>
File: Double_rainboom.png (387KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
Double_rainboom.png
387KB, 499x500px
>>
>>29749034
Nice one.
>>
Honestly I was expecting windigos after seeing the planet preview.
>>
>>29748987
>Guess this fandom doesn't understand what made the show good to begin with.
this
>>
>>29747383
I remember seeing this in the Youtube recommended feed and deciding to give it a go. By the point of the whole dimension traveling thing, I wasn't disgusted, just really confused. I wish they had done something better than "LOL MEMES GUYZ" but I can't really come with anything better that fits in the time alotted.

Major props for actually organizing and putting it together, though
>>
>>29747383
I didn't even know someone was making a "full length" fan episode until it came out so I had no idea what it would be about other than it involving Dash.

>>29749939
>just really confused
This. The PPG bit baffled me to no end. It would have been 10x better to just have Dash and Twilight fuck around for twenty minutes.
>>
>>29747383
I think the name is pretty self-explanatory, never expected the PPG bit and it was terribly executed and the animation was really choppy
>>
There was just too much hype built up for something that ultimately was just a student project.

Not the fandoms fault, it was the creator that acted like it was something more than it really was.

Just fell flat compared to other fan animations that came out around the same time.

Song was good at least.
>>
>>29751132
Zach hinted that he might have been an intellectual coming from his vocabulary, but it seems like was just another chubby autistic fedora-wearing loser with no charm.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.