[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: LaurenFaust_3174.jpg (27KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
LaurenFaust_3174.jpg
27KB, 560x373px
Let's talk about hypotheticals. The big "what if".
What if Lauren was less of a shy intellectual and more of a brash angry genius? Instead of a Fluttershy doormat personality, she would be a courageous and upfront Rainbow Dash not scared of a challenge.

Imagine way back in May 8th 2011 if instead of typing out that apologizing, naively optimistic and dishonest message, she instead would post something similar in spirit to this:

The season 1 finale of Friendship is Magic has finally aired.
I am no longer the executive producer and creative director of the show. My input ended together with season 1. Which honestly wasn't much to begin with, I never had real full control during the production of season 1 and not even during the pitch bible design of the show. Nightmare Moon was not supposed to be defeated in 2 episodes. I kept having an executive by the name of Mike Vogel trying to edit my scripts into a joke show about parodies of my characters and lame geek humour.
>>
The show is no longer in capable hands, as I was the only one who put the effort and common sense into a quality product, the rest were slacking off and expecting me to do their own jobs and so I had to check and re-check every single little thing for them which made me exhausted with the production. Typical of the canadian animation industry.
As to be expected of Hasbro Studios(Sarah Wall), they did not fulfil their end of the bargain. They promised that if I reboot MLP then they will also give me a Galaxy Girls doll line and a commercial to help me sell them.

The current show is now under copyright so supposedly there shouldn't be much I can do to take my ideas back. Or so they'd have you believe. I can still fight back with your help. I have a library of new designs and which are even more appealing than the previous ones and do not breach copyright. I will remake the show with better characters with improved archetypes and proper backstories and a more consistent world design. I will keep using the name Equestria because Hasbro has no legal grounds on that. Same for Celestia and Luna, nobody owns the names, merely their designs which are dime a dozen. If I want to, I can use the original voice cast without getting sued.

I will start a new FIM show +a galaxy girls mini series. I will keep in touch with my fans on forums, fimfiction, websites, imageboards, etc. to let you know I'm not dead and I'm serious and devoted about this.
For the next 14 months I'd like you all to chip in and as the saying goes: throw your wallets at me.
We'll start off small with 1 episode, then 4, and slowly but surely we'll reach a 26-52 full season show.

Help me prove that the creator-driven era has not ended, it's just beginning. Help me kickstart the first revolution into the animation industry.

www.indiegogo.com
>>
File: 1367432844445.jpg (39KB, 300x365px) Image search: [Google]
1367432844445.jpg
39KB, 300x365px
>>29746796
What if OP wasn't a faggot? I love the woman to death, but she gambled and lost.
>>
>>29747324
Quit being a faggot, son.
>>
>>29746801
>I will use the name Equestria, keep the names the same, and even hire the same voice actors
>I will not be sued
No, you'd be fuckin' sued. You'd be sued and you'd lose in no time at all. Your lawyers wouldn't even be able to compose a firm defense for you.

A courtroom is not a stupid robot that you feed independent snippets of information to be evaluated without context. They'd look at the fact that you're making an identical show and using as many elements of MLP as possible, and you'd be sued. Nobody owns the name "Equestria", but I make a show about a horse princess named Celestia who rules the land of Equestria, lawyers are not too retarded to make the connection and neither are audiences.
>>
>>29747396
I love how believable you try to sound despite having zero experience with being a lawyer.
>>
>>29746796
So just like the game devs behind Ambient then:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVv-Lp4TWUg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_pLf3ibW0M
>>
>Boop
>>
>>29746796
>>29746801
Highly unlikely, but nice to dream either way.

Still, Hasbro doesn't have the smartest lawyers. They idiots got sued for using a celebritie's real name for one of their Littlest Pet Shop toys. The lost millions to 1 person because they couldn't get re-check their low quality names.

Still it would be nice to see more artists like Gendy Tartavosky, McCracken and others using Kickstarter for serious projects as opposed to crappily made demos which take 3-4 years to complete.
>>
>>29749275
I really need to go to sleep. My grammar's slipping up.
>>
File: 79a.png (1MB, 1581x1892px) Image search: [Google]
79a.png
1MB, 1581x1892px
>>29746801
want some toast to go with that hot butthurt?
>>
File: 2a4.png (152KB, 1871x1308px) Image search: [Google]
2a4.png
152KB, 1871x1308px
Daily reminder that if Faust hadn't wussed out and stuck through Hasbro's mild meddling, she'd currently be the Head of Storytelling for the entire Girl Division of Hasbro and likely have substantial clout--enough to get Galaxy Girls going.

Instead, she's currently unemployed.

>>29746796
>was not supposed to be defeated in 2 episodes
Why does this keep springing up? There's no indication they ever wanted to do a season long adventure arc involving NMM. The pitch bible even shows off Dragonshy as the "adventure" example for fuck's sake.

>sperging out and burning bridges
She would have gotten blacklisted. I doubt even Craig would have been able to convince Disney to let her work on Wander.

>Same for Celestia and Luna
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4804:jhkg79.2.3
That's a no for Celestia.
>>
>>29750837
>Daily reminder that if Faust hadn't wussed out and stuck through Hasbro's mild meddling, she'd currently be the Head of Storytelling for the entire Girl Division of Hasbro and likely have substantial clout--enough to get Galaxy Girls going.
That would go straight down the Macbeth-becomes-king path. Her current situation is far better.
>>
File: 1425942131622.png (183KB, 906x844px) Image search: [Google]
1425942131622.png
183KB, 906x844px
>>29751383
>Unemployment and a reputation for being difficult to work with is better than success in her career.
I don't quite follow your string of logic there.
>>
>>29750837
Either I don't know which characters to delete or that link is broken.
>>
>>29751702
>Saying no to unreasonable demands from overbearing toy executives that have been factually proven consistently to not care about making a good story is being difficult to work with.

Considering her response to EQG's announcement, telling the people who work on LPS or that hanizuko show to shred their scripts because Hasbro can make a bigger buck if it advertises some shitty Princess version of the characters is not the more successful job for her.
And since she's a woman, being a mother is far better anyway.
>>
>>29751886
Galaxy Girls didn't seem like an appealing idea to begin with.

I wouldn't even say the majority of MLPs success is here anyway.
>>
>>29746796
I think at least a Galaxy Girls cartoon with a promised pony show would have worked.

But it only would have worked because she could have been in control of a naive and wealthy fanbase that enjoys being told what to do and being part of something bigger and meaningful. The furfag fanbse constantly hogs money in their pockets like a bunch of jews and then spend it on the most useless things you can think of.

I'm not sure if Gendy would have managed to rile up the entire Samurai Jack fanbase to give some extra funding to his 13 episode series. as much as Faust could have did.

The thing is that these people don't even try or attempt to do it. I thought artists were rebellious and ambitious by nature, but it seems like they're all a bunch of softies and often times short-sighted or depressed.
>>
>>29751959
You'd be depressed too, if you worked in the animation industry.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.