[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season 6 lore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

>Rainbow Dash finally joins the Wonderbolts
>the whole episode is nothing but cringe humor to make us laugh at how stupid she is

>We meet Fluttershy's brother
>the whole episode is nothing but cringe humor to make us laugh at how stupid he is

>We learn more about Applejack's fillyhood
>the whole episode is nothing but cringe humor to make us laugh at how stupid she was

Who thought that it would be a good idea to use the same writer for literally all the unrelated-to-Glimmer worldbuilding episodes in season 6? Why had it to be the most Family Guy-tier writer in the current staff, a guy who literally can't write anything but cringe humor?
>>
>>29744559
That's funny because all your post did was make me cringe.
>>
You weren't supposed to laugh at him by the end, you were supposed to pity and understand him.
>>
>>29744559
>muh lore
Slice of life is how the show rolls for the most part and the new established lore is fucking shit, at least neet brother and lying appul were fun to watch
>>
>>29744570
>by the end
But it doesn't really change the fact that you were supposed to laugh at him during the rest of the episode. A good ending can't change a shit episode.
>>
>>29744575
But that's like stopping reading a book halfway through and saying its shit. Of course youre going to think the events were stupid without knowing what they lead to.
>>
>>29744573
>the new established lore is fucking shit
That's pretty much my point, yes. I'd rather have only SoL episodes if the worldbuilding is going to be like this from now on.
>were fun to watch
If you like cringe humor, maybe. None of these episodes was remotely fun for me, I don't get the appeal of "it's cringe, but it's intentional, so it's good"
>>
>>29744579
You're essentially saying that if the episode was like 19 minutes of Zephyr farting on screen, and one last minute of completely emotional and brilliantly written drama, that would make the whole episode good. And that's not how it works, I don't watch a shitty episode expecting that at least the last minute will be good.
>>
>>29744588
Don't put words in my mouth. I was saying that you don't realize all of the implications of events in an episode until the end sometimes.

Would Zephyr's turn around and breakdown about how he fears failure have been at all impactful if we hadn't seen him be a dick for most of the episode? Suddenly it made sense.
>>
>>29744581
A character making a fool of himself/herself is just comedy, and like any kind of comedy the appeal depends on whoever is watching
>>
>>29744559
I wouldn't call it "cringe" but the episodes were more befitting of a family sitcom than a cartoon.
They were too ordinary. You'd almost forget it was a magical land with that magical problems like para-sprites and potion abuse.
>>
>>29744605
I'm reminded that the first two non Glimmer episodes in S7 we get are stock plots.
>>
>>29744596
I think something got lost in translation. I'm not saying that Zephyr's story was stupid, I'm saying that the way they presented it was stupid. Cringe humor was absolutely unnecessary and only made the episode a lot less enjoyable.

>>29744599
My problem is that all these episodes repeat the exact same trope. They were the only worldbuilding episodes in season 6, besides Glimmer's ones, which for some reason deserved more respect, and they all look like written with a template.
>the character is stupid
>the character acts like a fucking idiot
>that's supposed to be funny
>the character stops acting like a fucking idiot
>>
>>29744610
So they wrote every episode like a pre S6 Spike episode?
>>
>>29744615
Why, yeah. At least that's how I see it. These three episodes look almost like if Equestria Games was the only episode Dave Rapp had ever watched.
>>
>>29744615
Uh, also, my bad. I completely forgot about Gauntlet of Fire. I guess that it was a worldbuilding episode too, and it was much better than this shit. It's kind of ironic that the only good episode was a Spike episode, and the other episodes looked like pre-S6 Spike episodes.
>>
>>29744618
Heh, I think that episode is underrated and even I kind of agree with your assessment.

Hey, its still better than Neal Dusedau's enragingly bad attempts at being clever or trying to create conflict. Whether he writes it or comes up with the story he not only seems to be a hack incapable of writing but also holds the entire show in contempt.

I know you hate Rapp, but I am convinced the only person who has written on the show that didn't actually like it (or at least sort of try as shitty as it turned out) was Dusedau. Rapp was a hack, Dusedau was a hack with an axe to grind.
>>
>>29744627
In all honesty, I don't understand Dusedau. I do hate Rapp, and yet I can see that he's trying to be funny. He isn't funny for me, but I can see his attempt, and I can see that his humor can be funny for someone else. But I have no fucking idea of what Dusedau was trying to do in his episodes.

Probably Dusedau is objectively worse than Rapp, but while Rapp makes me angry, Dusedau just leaves me baffled.
>>
>>29744649
I think Dusedau had contempt for the series and was trying to parody it, but wasn't a good enough writer so it just ends up being weird.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.