[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

season 2 episode 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

I expected nothing yet I am still let down.

https://kisscartoon.io/Cartoon/My-Little-Pony-Friendship-Is-Magic-Season-02/Episode-004-Luna-Eclipsed?id=7611
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-22-17-18-31.jpg (63KB, 538x544px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-22-17-18-31.jpg
63KB, 538x544px
>>29736018
Hmm
>>
Autism ruined this show and fanbase.
>>
>>29736018
>I expected nothing yet I am still let down
I expected as shitpost.
You didn't let me down.
>>
>>29736898
>implying the fanbase exists for your enjoyment.
>>
>>29736979
You ruined your own enjoynment and everyone else's.
>>
File: 1405903015102.png (120KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1405903015102.png
120KB, 380x380px
>>29736018
Solid opinion, brony. Sorry you didn't like the episode; it's one of my favorites. Would have been better if they hadn't cut Rarity's part, though.
>>
File: size difference.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
size difference.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
Did anyone notice how the original season 1 designs reflected Faust's plans for Celestia being originally a queen and Luna the princess.

They were inherently unequal which added to the tension between the sisters beyond just Luna being jealous of ponies enjoying the say more than the night.

Luna Eclipsed completely retconned all of that and just made their designs reflect an equal amount of power with Luna now being being and having a magical mane.

No one really brings this up because people just accept the bullshit about Luna recovering her power over the first season.
>>
>>29737045
I accept the way canon changed because I honestly think that makes for a better story, but I understand why Faust designed it the way she did. After all, the light of the moon is not equal to the light of the sun; merely a pale reflection of it. When you personify this as a character, it makes sense for said character to be extremely pissed-off about it.
>>
>>29737045
did you notice that even though theyre both 1000 yrs old or older celestia is way bigger than luna for no reason at all? super great thinking.
>>
>>29737069

I think the idea is that Luna didn't age while she was imprisoned on the moon. It seemed like it was more of a symbolic imprisonment where she just completely stopped existing until she came back 1000 years later.
>>
>>29737100
they were different sizes when they fought discord together
>>
>>29737108

I am talking entirely from the standpoint of Faust's original plan before the Luna Eclipsed retcon.

The writers after that accepted the fan headcanon of Luna regaining her magic over season 1. That or they just completely accepted the retcon of her design as if it never was different in season 1.
>>
>>29737135
you know that people can arrive to their own separate conclusions without them having to be stolen from each other. luna being a little weakling no more power than an average unicorn with her sister being a demi god would have been shit. if that was fausts vision then it was also shit, but at the same time shes the kind of person who thinks not having an explanation for something is good design. even if you dont want to tell the audience how something works, if you dont know yourself then youre just bad at world building.
>>
>>29737148
>shes the kind of person who thinks not having an explanation for something is good design
It is. Gives you room to fill in holes later on. Also, you know, resulted in the birth of millions of works of art and fiction.
>>
>>29737169
>It is. Gives you room to fill in holes later on
>thread bitching about this very thing happening
sounds like youre fucked either way. might as well do it right the first time.
>>
This got me thinking. If we had gotten a major Luna appearance in season 1 after episode 2, we would have likely still had the original design today.
>>
File: 536264726.png (579KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
536264726.png
579KB, 1024x819px
>>29737193
thank god that didnt happen. classic luna looks like a filly and selling the idea that a filly with no power at all was able to threaten her sister enough that she had to use the elements of harmony to banish her is a tough sale.
>>
>>29737206
>>29737148
>>29737108
>>29737069
Please get the fuck out of my thread.
>Because I don't agree with your opinion?
Because you type like a retarded toddler who stifles real discussion for your own selfish gains.
>>
File: thou hast fucked up.png (190KB, 989x715px) Image search: [Google]
thou hast fucked up.png
190KB, 989x715px
>>29737276
the points i provided are valid whether you like them or not, and whether or not the ideas were presented in a manor that suits you doesnt make them any more or less valid either.

perhaps you should try sticking to the subject rather than resort to ad hominem.
>>
>>29737348
Yeah yeah just get out before I call the janitor.
>>
File: 356856.png (396KB, 582x509px) Image search: [Google]
356856.png
396KB, 582x509px
>>29737367
call him.
>>
>All these people taking the "season 2 sucks" shitposter seriously
Ayy lmao
>>
>>29737400
muh revenge
>>
I'm still bothered by her two amoebas pretending to be hair.
>>
File: faust-lauren-rect.jpg (47KB, 666x333px) Image search: [Google]
faust-lauren-rect.jpg
47KB, 666x333px
Say it with me:

Season 0
Season Zero
season 0
>>
>>29737016
It wasn't that good of a scene anyway. This whole structure of sacrificing story just to give each character screentime on their own was really the show's biggest weakness.
>>
>>29737193
Probably, Vogel at least wouldn't have felt so compelled to completely contradict it and shove his retarded ideas.

Come to think of it, it would have been great if Faust introduced a villain right before season 1 ended. And if Faust introduced all the mane6's parents. For example Twilight's parents made it out safe and sound, unlike Moondancer which turned into a disgusting obnoxious neet. Same problem with Fluttershy's family.
>>
>>29737045

First of all, sauce? That sounds like shit you made up.

Second, why would anyone be so retarded as to imply day and night were never supposed to be sisters and equals? It makes Luna look like a whiny little shit that got what she deserved instead of having legitimate grievances.

Same issue with Luna having normal hair instead of ethereal like Celestia's. Everything works better if they were meant to be equal partners, Yin and Yang. It's literally on the Equestrian flag.
>>
>>29736018
you have shit taste. congrats
>>
>>29738734
>>29737045

Seconding this, where's the source?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.