[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Them's Fightin Herds Work Stream XVI We're Delayed Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 26

File: StreamXVIHeader.png (93KB, 845x321px) Image search: [Google]
StreamXVIHeader.png
93KB, 845x321px
"it’s about time for our monthly work stream to show you guys some stuff in motion. This time, we’re scheduling it for Friday, March 24. Same time (3PM PT), same channel (twitch dot tv/manesix).

If you’ve got any questions, comments, doubts or whatnot, you can come in to the stream and have a talk with us. We’ll be going through a general overview of the game progress and showing what’s been new since last stream, as well as talking a bit about what’s still needing to be finished and what the extra time will allow us to do."
>>
I'm almost kind of scared of the stream. Even with the release date pushed back to the end of May, I already know I'm going to look at this and go "there's no way they're getting done in time". I mean watching all the streams I want to say I've gotten a good idea of the speed at which they get things done and it's just not looking too good.
>>
>>29734906
On my case, the delay was like a wave of relief over me since I was also on the camp of people that thought this was going to be a launch disaster.

Now I'm ready for some comfy stream shenanigans.
>>
>>29734940
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a relief for me. It's weird. I've been voicing my concern a couple of times that the speed at which they work doesn't *quite* seem up to the task of getting done in time.

Now the additional month just seems like a bandaid trying to fix a gaping wound. Maybe they should rather have said two months or something - or nothing. Because the fact of the matter is they never every actually pinpointed a date, even on the crowdfund page all they ever gave was a rough estimate. So they could really just have flat out said "we can now say it will take till X" and if that's two months from the first estimate then that's how it is.

But now they already went and said "sorry we couldn't make it happen in april, but it's coming in may promise". There wasn't even really a need for that. Now chances are their either have to rush their asses off and scrape some polish or delay again.
>>
They're going to need a lot more than a month to fully complete the game.
>>
>>29735107
I expect delay, but i'm happy that at least they give us these streams to show their works
Ease some of the fears
>>
Stream is up. Bring back some new webms and any info.
>>
smugdeer best deer
>>
File: AridZealousHackee.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AridZealousHackee.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: CarefreeRequiredArchaeopteryx.webm (818KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
CarefreeRequiredArchaeopteryx.webm
818KB, 640x360px
>>
File: ShadyBrightGypsymoth.webm (193KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ShadyBrightGypsymoth.webm
193KB, 640x360px
>>
File: mdJZYIi.png (4MB, 3632x3349px) Image search: [Google]
mdJZYIi.png
4MB, 3632x3349px
>>
>udderdestruction

Fuck why hadn't I thought of that
>>
File: stream.jpg (9KB, 334x95px) Image search: [Google]
stream.jpg
9KB, 334x95px
this is the single most sterile twitch chat I've ever seen
>>
File: 1443156552403.png (318KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
1443156552403.png
318KB, 1100x700px
>that arizona night stage.
>>
That Tianhuo stage is nuts.
>>
This stream is some good shit.
>>
>>29735938

Yeah, to bad that we're stuck in this shithole instead of /v/ or even /vg/
>>
>>29735952
Yeah. I haven't even watched horse show in years, nor do I intend to. Hopefully when they release people will like it and want to talk about it on /v/ or /vg/.
>>
File: fluttermad.png (95KB, 192x208px) Image search: [Google]
fluttermad.png
95KB, 192x208px
>>29735952
>to bad that we're stuck in this shithole instead of /v/ or even /vg/
>/v/
>better than /mlp/ for discussion.
>>
>>29735978

I really enjoy this thread with only 4 peoples talking about the game for an hour and then a random/s anons just bumping this thread with webms.

I don't care about ponies but I can't make any thread about this in /v/ or /vg/ because /mlp/ just shitpost those threads like jealous ex-girlfriends
>>
>>29736011
>because /mlp/ just shitpost those threads like jealous ex-girlfriends
i can tell you don't frequent /mlp/ because that's /b/'s doing. most of /mlp/ doesn't do that shit, even in MLP's hayday
>>
Yo, we having some games now.
>>
Sonicfox is annoying, but his energy is infectious
>>
Don't you just love how every other sentence they say is "this is just a first attempt" "this is something we plan on looking into" "eventually this is all gonna change". Game is supposed to be out in a bit ffs

Also it's probably just the delay but I love how Sonicfox announces his resets like 3 seconds before they happen
>>
These fights are some good shit desu, really shows how fast paced this game is
>>
>>29735517
>alpacas
i'm going to jack off to this in a future, isn't it?
>>
RATE THE STREAM
>>
>>29736344

I find myself in two positions. First of all, the stream by itself was great, lots of progress reports from LIndsay, and showcase of the online functionality and the QA matches were great to see.

Yet on the other hand, despite the delay's announcement you'd think that this would be one of the most loaded streams considering they were going to be trying to finish everything by the original date, yet it seems like the only areas that moved forward were the ones mentioned before (plus music, which wasn't put into the game proper yet). The thing still has Skullgirls assets when it was supposed to be the last pre beta stream. That's kind of embarrassing and makes one worry that we are only on the first of many possible delays.

I'll give it a solid 7/10
>>
>>29735978
I don't browse/v/ but the shit I've seen on /mlp/ it can't be much worse.
>>
>>29735517
>Happy lama who is not paprika
What?
>>
File: alpaca-tans.jpg (1MB, 3596x3316px) Image search: [Google]
alpaca-tans.jpg
1MB, 3596x3316px
>>29735517
how accurate is this?
>>
>>29736500
8/10, made me smile
>>
>>29736403
>The thing still has Skullgirls assets when it was supposed to be the last pre beta stream. That's kind of embarrassing and makes one worry

This so much. You'd think they'd be a bit more... pressured...? They just announced that they fucked up and can't keep to the promised date and still you hear them talk about the game like actually releasing it is wild imagination which happens in some time far far from now.

You know in the early days they went on and on about how they were reluctant to do streams because people are going to see the behind-the-scenes stuff and worry and complain about things which don't warrant being complained about, because behind-the-scenes is always messy and onlookers will judge too quickly. And I was willing to accept that it's just how it works, everything looks unfinished and WIP, that's what you get when you watch a development stream I guess.

But at this point in time everyone has to stop acting like that's how the game is still supposed to look. The Skullgirls assets in particular. Man. I still remember the very first TFH stream when you had every other animation make the sprites become Filia, and the devs were like "yeah we've got to change all that, Mike says we have to, too, that's the first thing we're going to do" and now, in what was supposed to be the last stream before release, the build they use for playtesting is literally still the skullgirls menus and skullgirls sounds and everything. It really is a bit embarassing.
>>
File: Touhou at his computer.jpg (16KB, 226x217px) Image search: [Google]
Touhou at his computer.jpg
16KB, 226x217px
I'm honestly not too worried.

Something that sets this project apart from lots of other Kickstarter/IndieGoGo/whatever games is that the progress has been pretty linear.

Most indie projects suffer HORRIBLY from scale. They work on the project, make some good progress, realize that despite the apparent progress that they would have to work for 9999 years to finish the game, restructure the development process to be more scalable, make good progress, realize that they would STILL have to work for 9999 years because they ACTUALLY would have needed 9999999 years to finish the game at their original pace, restructure, and so on. The end result is that the end keeps seeming near due to the points when they're making good progress, yet fades into infinite distance as the development team has to restructure their entire workflow over and over again. They keep throwing up release dates based on current projections, and scale, ego, and inexperience make those dates ridiculously inaccurate. Eventually, they stop posting release dates because they realize that they have to get their shit together on an impossible scale in order to have the slightest idea of when things will actually be finished. In other words, the progress->restructure process slows to a halt, and the game either never comes out or has to emerge out of complete obscurity several years later.

This game? Sure, there were a few bumps in the beginning as they had to figure out their original workflows in this engine and on the project as a whole, but things have been largely constant since. They increase efficiency as they get better at their jobs, and the number of remaining items to complete only goes DOWN. The things left to fix are finite, and they're largely graphical/story related. Their tools are scalable to the extent that the game requires. They don't have to restructure. They just need to keep building.
>>
>>29735517
Damn that's pretty depressing.
>>
>>29736993
well, in their annex history, they suffer a lot due to their natural habitat
i'm amazed 2 alpacas (salt and pepper) are the ones with a little joy when most look ready to jump cliffs to the bottom
>>
>>29736500
Wouldn't the /his/ alpaca be /lgbt/?
>>
File: 1367805.jpg (2MB, 2523x2832px) Image search: [Google]
1367805.jpg
2MB, 2523x2832px
Bump
>>
>>29736845
So what you're saying is... They're gonna be done *eventually*?

I'm not getting riled up over one additional month, but it seems to me that won't even cut it. Just because I've seen their "constant pace" at work. If after that month they have to delay again, maybe they should have "restructured" or "rescaled" or whatever you want to call it. "Get their shit together" is what I would call it.

I hate to be so negative but these last two streams really have me anxious. I've been following this project for like six years, pls don't turn it into a crowdfund fuckup story now that you're on the home stretch.
>>
>>29735978
>>29736442
>/mlp/
>discussing anything related to videogames
/v/-/vg/ might be full of shitposting but in the middle of the shit there is a lot people interested in videogames(including people who played at least 1 fighting game in their entire life), /mlp/ hates videogames and almost no one on this board is interested in this game, the "discussion" is not fun when there is no people to discuss,
I'm tired of the same 15 people in this thread every time
>>29735952
>>29736011

We can't make threads about this game outside /mlp/, TFH threads are banned from /v/ /vg/ (because the Mods are bunch of faggots)
>>
>>29738753
I don't think this will be a fuckup.
I feel it's going to come good. We are going to have a good product.
Not the raviging crazy hyped up we expected, but a good game nonetheless.
Plus, i want to see how faust put an story to a fighting game
>>
Just finally getting around to watching the stream archive.

I like Fred's sound effects. Pretty savage. The ominous humming when he's out is cool too.

Also Christina Vee is the voice director, can't remember if they said that before. It's not surprising really.
>>
>>29739046
They said it on the forums.

Wonder if voice acting is already going to be in the game for the beta / initial release? Seems like they're pretty late on that front.
>>
>>29738788
/mlp/ was interested in the game when it had ponies in it. They will eat shit as long as it is rainbow colored.
>>
>>29738788
I want to say there's still quite a lot of people in here interested in video games, and also this game in particular. When the crowdfund was going on these threads we real lively - a ton of people pledged, after all, all of which are pony fans, at least some of which probably dwell here.

When the game is out we'll probably have regular threads and discussion here, better than /v/ ever could have. Just at this time there isn't thaaat much to discuss, everything they showcased on steam has already been shown on the forums, and we can only get so excited over the same couple of new frames of animation.
>>
taking in count that most will use the same characters they main in the online forums, warriors when?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OKXSq-dvnM
>>
up
>>
page 10 bump
>>
>>29736403
>The thing still has Skullgirls assets when it was supposed to be the last pre beta stream.
I thought they already have their own functional player lobby. Why stick with Skullgirls lobby?
>>
>>29740794
They do, but not everyone has the most updated version.
>>
>>
Why in the fuck is this unrelated shit shilling is still on this board?
>>
>>29741725
beause mods said so, so please let us be
>>
>>29735469
Here I stand beneath the warm and soothing rain
The droplets falling gently down on the terrain
Wash away the sorrow all the stains of time
But there’s no memory it’s only dry inside
>>
Did they mention anything about advertising the game or bring it to major tournaments? I think CEO is right around the corner and the game should be completed by then.
>>
>>29742464
we have been always saying "update the greenlight page", but so far nothing
then there's the fanart that artist make when they remember this game
that's the problem as well: when they remember this game
>>
>>29742478
Now that they're getting closer to release maybe people should start bothering them about it on the forum
>>
>>29742948
Trust me. I'll do it, but i couldn't back the indiegogo, so no backer forum for me.
>>
>>29742464
Yeah. They didn't put it in the budget. They have no clue, and are too focused on trying to get the game done. I'd love to offer myself to do some marketing, as I'm currently working towards a degree that deals with it, and I'd even do it for free, but. I don't think they'd want someone with no background in marketing to do their marketing.
>>
As a hobbyist game dev I'd say they are probably 3-4 months away from completing the game.

5-6 if they crunch.
>>
>>29742464
They said something along the lines of "if we're there anyway we're going to do some promo stuff but we're not going just for that". Like, most of them are FGC nerds anyway. You can bet their ass they're gonna organize up a stand in this years EVO indie corner again for example.

>>29742478
Who gives a shit about greenlight. Once the beta rolls out they should take the ten minutes necessary to copypaste a proper steam shop hub together and then that's that.
>>
up
>>
File: CRuApxXUsAAzjdN.png (213KB, 832x640px) Image search: [Google]
CRuApxXUsAAzjdN.png
213KB, 832x640px
>>29743413

You can still talk on the non backer section, the only thing backer forums are used for are dev updates.
>>
>>29744068
I'd honestly be fine with that.

I've been following this game since those silly concept images of ponies fighting each other in what, 2011? I can wait a few more months for them to get it just right.

I haven't been watching the streams though... They really haven't implemented music yet? Has RC88 finished the music? Do we know how much music there will be? The adaptive music is one of the things I'm most excited for, so I'd be really disappointed if they dropped the ball on that one. I'm also hoping for a good variety, because even a great soundtrack can get stale if there aren't many songs.
>>
>>29739578
I haven't been active on /mlp/ for at least a year but I will be active in TFH threads near to and after release because it's great to see this project reach fruition after getting kicked in the dick and then having lauren and mike z support the devteam so well
>>
>>29744377
I really hope they're at EVO this year! I'm travelling down from the UK with some friends and I'd love to meet the team and get some real life matches going.
>>
>>29744068
I'd agree with that. I know they're worried that by taking longer, they'll fuck up expectations, but honestly, I want them to take longer.
>>
Boop
>>
>>29734744
>>
File: 1489077214614.png (234KB, 511x393px) Image search: [Google]
1489077214614.png
234KB, 511x393px
>tfw no experience playing fightan games
>>
page 10 bump
>>
up
>>
boop
>>
File: sad horse.jpg (23KB, 711x455px) Image search: [Google]
sad horse.jpg
23KB, 711x455px
>>29747864
>backed the game despite being garbage at fighters
>was totally going to practice and get good before release
>never did
>still garbage
Oh well
So will most everyone else be
>>
>>29747864
>>29749964
Yeah, don't worry. If there ever was a good time to get into the genre, it's with the launch of this game.
>>
File: 1391275.png (521KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1391275.png
521KB, 1280x800px
Bump, the stream archive will be up on youtube today
>>
>>29749964
I backed it to casually play after work, so I hope we get to fight each other on our casual newb level anon.
>>
>>29744068

I wouldn't mind more delays if they were better at predicting how long they will take.

>>29745411
They WILL be at EVO (in fact, they technically were last year) if they have a stream set up for it and/or a side tournament is a completely different matter.
>>
up
>>
boop
>>
>>29738788
>/mlp/ hates video games
What? Threads about games here do really well. I would've thought this is one of the boards that likes games the most.
>>
is there a rundown on character playstyles from the devs anywhere
all I got is what I've seen from the bits of devstreams I've watched and the couple match videos that are out

all I got was
>velvet - zoner
>arizona - fundamental based character
>pompom - traps and stage hazards
>tianhuo - aerial rushdown with airdashes and flight

does oliander still have her charge up mechanic from the old twilight design?
no idea what paprika does but taking a guess at her having dirty tricks/gimmicks designed to confuse the opponent
>>
Stream is on youtube now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1e2OhCTH5g
>>
>>29753531
Pom is a puppet character, she controls various puppies that do different things. She's kind of good at everything but immensely complicated to use at full power.
Oliander has the same read for a magic bar as Twilight, and her magic specials like the fireballs and traps steal meter, which she can spend on either Twilight's big laser or summoning the demon from her book to make her completely dominatingly OP for a bit.
Paprika is fast and unpredictable, great hitboxes and some projectiles that look great for oki or pressure because if you're standing on one when it lands it will change one of your buttons from attack to eat so it limits your options.
>>
>>29753588
you forgot the other two
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWbVNwhrBvc
>
>>
>>29753588
>>29753688
and i forgot one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da8C90Zl38A
>>
>>29753588
I missed this part of the stream. Damn. Confidence restored, this game is looking good and getting better.
>>
>>29753588
>>29753688
>>29753696
seeing the new streams, i'm happy to know this game is going on amazing tracks in a straight line.
but, tking in consideration all the things they want to add, i'll say that they will delay the beta one more month, but after that this will be GotY
>>
so, we got the thread, the streams, and the YT videos
what now?
>>
File: H173OfJ.png (129KB, 627x776px) Image search: [Google]
H173OfJ.png
129KB, 627x776px
>>29754733
We will discuss potential waifu and draw some rule34 to help spread the word.
>>
>tfw you will never help Mane6 to generate hype for their game

It hurts. All I want to do is make YouTube videos showing off everything that makes their game special.
>>
>>29755281
Its not hard to make youtube videos, literal 12yearolds manage it constantly with minecraft autism
>>
>>29755281
You make it sound like it's a hard thing to do. Just mention Skullgirls on a fighting game stream and just bring up THE right after.
>>
>>29755429
>>29755539
And how many people watch those?

Making videos is one thing, making actually good ones that get people hyped is another. Never mind that if you want people who are not already aware of tfh to watch them you'll need an established fan base anyway which clicks your videos no matter what
>>
>>29738788
>/mlp/ hates videogames
You're confusing us with /v/
>>
>>29755883
we should what that anon said in the last stream thread: a video a la 4chan cup style showing the basics of the game and some of the lore
>>
>>29755883
I would watch a fucking news of what the fuck is going on with the game since I don't have any knowledge at fighting games since 1998.
>>
>>29753642
>cake traps that make your normals eat the cake instead
that sounds like some top tier shit right there ho boy
maybe not right away but I guarantee someone will find some dirty ass setups with those
>>
boop
>>
damn I wanna play this game
>>
I wonder how many people fund this.
>>
File: Capture.png (23KB, 552x370px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
23KB, 552x370px
>>29760593
>>
>>29760614
> 10516
Whoa, that's a number
>>
The lack of advertisements and console release is going to be this game downfall.
>>
>>29760795
Agreed. Without advertising they will fail.
>>
>>29761127
i don't see how they could do adverts on such a small budget

they could try reaching out to youtubers like totalbiscuit. i doubt, however, it'll do much.
>>
>>29760795
Advertisements are a waste of money for a game like this.
SF and Tekken etc have brand recognition so they actually get value out of shoving their name in front of people, but fighters are a niche enough genre and new games have enough of a required time investment that just telling people "hey we exist" isn't going to do much for you. Sure it'll have some effect, but unless you're willing(and able) to dump a huge amount of dosh into it its going to be really inefficient.
Particularly when they can, and are planning to do stuff like take the game to various tournaments and let people try it out and get it streamed and shit.
It costs them almost nothing, basically just travel and hotel fare to an event they were probably thinking about going to anyway, and will be more effective in the long run.
They're going to live or die by word of mouth anyway, buying ads won't change that.
>>
>>29761189
>they could try reaching out to youtubers like totalbiscuit. i doubt, however, it'll do much

They should try it, TotalBiscuit would never lose a chance to say "look at this cute game, btw it's a PC (master race) exclusive and it runs at 144FPS on my machine"
I'm 100% sure he would love to make a video about the game in his "WTF is..." series
>>
hello there from Belarus, feels good man
>>
>>29761681
that's assuming Biscuit even knows this game exists.
>>
>>29763256
who is this? Is he cancerous or >7\10?
>>
>>29763256
He did one for Skullgirls, and he had probably heard of FiM back when it was a thing, I wouldn't be surprised
>>
File: 01_38_27_112_anon.jpg (26KB, 457x450px) Image search: [Google]
01_38_27_112_anon.jpg
26KB, 457x450px
Guys, I want to suck Oleander's marecock. I wish I could do that.
>>
I just wanted to say that I really apreciate the fact that this thread is still up and that there's like 3 people continuously keeping it from dying even though nobody has anything to say. Neither do I really.

I just need to get out that I'm excited for this. And I'm very emotionally invested in this. To a crazy degree. I love fighting games and have been waiting for this forever. And we're nearing the time where it's actually out and it's surreal to me. It might sound funny or cheesy or retarded but it's almost like, this game coming out is going to mark a new chapter in my life. I just moved places, and got a new job, and... well apart from that, soon the ~6 years period where I went to the Mane6 website damn near every day to check if there's anything new is going to be over, and the time where I can actually play the game is going to start. I guess you could say there was an interim phase where I was really active playing the leaked alpha build of FiMg, but yeah. In due time the real actual finished game is actually legitimately going to be out and playable.
>>
cont.

And I will probably grind my ass off playing 24/7, unlock all the items, reach the top spot of the leaderboards or whatever, and simultaneously bitch about every single thing because no matter what magic the devs have worked, the real deal won't have a chance of hell to live up to the magic that plays in my head whenever I think about the game and what it'll be like. SO, I guess, thanks to all of you for being in this too and I love you and need to say this now while I still have some sanity left and before I start hating all of you for not joining me in my loathing. I don't know if it's a /v/ thing or what but I honestly do have this weird borderline thing going on with games where I love and hate them at the same time after spending a thousand hours playing them. So thank you and have a wonderful day to anyone in this thread, and in particular these sorry souls who tirelessly keep bumping this to the front page, day after day, thread after thread, in what I can only assume is an obsession on a similar level to mine.
>>
>>29763948
Thanks for the kind words anon. We are happy that finally, we are close to our new beginning.
Also, i know how you feel. I felt the same when GTA V came out
>>
Decided to watch the stream.
Who else like the old menu screen compared to the new one?
>>
up
>>
>>29764159
Can you give a comparison? I can't remember the differences.
>>
>>29763948
>>29764102
>Also, i know how you feel
Me three, I didn't feel so obsessed with a game since the last DarkStalkers game
I didn't care that much about it when it was Fighting is Magic but and I was thinking "the new game probably won't be 'that' good" and then I was on /v/ when a thread about the crowdfunding popped out, I saw the gameplay trailer and just fell in love with it, I think I replayed the trailer more than 30 times that day
>>
>>29766297
Curious, did you play the leaked alpha build? Not that I think it would be a good way to get a feel for how the real game will feel.
>>
Where is the game?
>>
>>29767985
Coming in May, hopefully
>>
boop
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.