[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That wasn't cute or fun at all. :(

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
That wasn't cute or fun at all. :(
>>
>>29733072
I thought it was very funny. One of my favorite episodes.
>>
>>29733072
I disagree, I think it was humorous episode
>>
File: 11.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>When you realize how crazy your sister's friend is
>>
>>29733111
Hey, Scootaloo isn't crazy, she's just severely maladjusted from being a crippled orphan.
>>
>The core of the show is that they aways learn something every week
>There isn't shit to learn this week
>Panic
>Current joke is that the mane six are so compromised the their simplified main personality (fun, nerd, pets, fast, dresses and apple) that they often blow out of proportions
>Fans of the fandom are mad because the horses they masturbate to aren't perfect

Fuck you guys, this is why instead of wacky adventures mixing the everyday life with mythological creatures and magic spells now they deal with shit like "My restaurant is getting poor reviews" or "We need to go to pony new york again"
>>
I love this episode, it's one of my all time favorites along with Party of One

What can I say, I love ponies being batshit crazy
>>
File: Indifference.png (301KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Indifference.png
301KB, 1280x720px
>>29733072
The whole "le ponies going cuhrazy xDD" shtick was already overplayed and overrated by the time that episode aired. Lesson Zero was uncharacteristically cartoony, as ironic as it is that would apply to a cartoon. What with Spike breaking the fourth wall multiple times by interacting with scene transitions, Twilight acting literally batshit insane because she missed a single assignment (I know some people can actually get worked up over imperfection, but this was a clearly exaggerated case), and even the fucking sun ticking like a clock because "lol cartoons!" triggered the shit out of me because the only other time anything like that happened before was with Party of One and even that was fucking tame in comparison to the cartoony bullshit Lesson Zero had. And PoO (holy shit I only just realized Party of One's abbreviation spells "poo" lel) was centered on the cartoony mane6 character.

In short, I didn't care for that episode either.
>>
File: 1024px-Federico_Fellini_NYWTS.jpg (134KB, 1024x737px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Federico_Fellini_NYWTS.jpg
134KB, 1024x737px
>>29733198
>lol cartoons!

For real, what kind of show do you guys think that you watch?
>>
File: 1472459931987.gif (643KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472459931987.gif
643KB, 500x500px
>>29733072
Lesson Zero marked the end of the Golden Age of MLP. Everything about it was perfect, the humor, the moral, the references, the voice acting, god damn, even the world building was on point. It deserves to sit alongside Episodes like Ticket Master and Bridle Gossip.
The only episodes that came after it that can be considered "good" by an stretch of the imagination are Sisterhooves, Read it and Weep, Hearts and Hooves, Putting your Hoof Down, Canterlot Wedding and maybe, just maybe It's About Time (my favorite episode despite it having a number of flaws)
>>
>>29733198
>a cartoon behaves like a cartoon
Autism, everyone.
>>
>>29733198
I loved the episode for all the reasons you listed. And it is a cartoon, why does it behaving as such trigger you?
>>
>>29733198
>holy shit I only just realized Party of One's abbreviation spells "poo" lel
This website is 18+ only
>>
>>29733198
>holy shit I only just realized Party of One's abbreviation spells "poo" lel
If that is what makes you laugh, then your opinion on comedy is worthless.
>>
File: rara_rape.png (461KB, 966x710px) Image search: [Google]
rara_rape.png
461KB, 966x710px
>>29733232
>The only episodes that came after it that can be considered "good" by an stretch of the imagination are Sisterhooves, Read it and Weep, Hearts and Hooves, Putting your Hoof Down, Canterlot Wedding and maybe, just maybe It's About Time (my favorite episode despite it having a number of flaws)

Man other than putting your hooves down and Canterlot wedding, I don't think any of those are great episodes...mind you I don't think any are bad, but none would make my favorite episodes list.

Also, crazy ponies rule be it by their own mental issues or magical corruption
>>
>>29733269
I would refine it down to Read It and Weep, Hoof Down and the Middle 1/3 of Canterlot Wedding.
>>
>>29733206
>>29733238
>>29733251
As I already stated, but it seems a board with an unhealthy obsession with greentext fanfiction lacks reading comprehension; up until Lesson Zero, Party of One was the only episode that even came close to being that cartoony. I'm legitimately surprised it's so popular here on /mlp/ when most of the users here are massive muh lore fags that get upset when the show even slightly deviates from established fanon.
The funniest part is most people here would describe the show as being high fantasy and I frequently disagree with that assessment on the simple basis that it is in fact a cartoon and covers a more general area than just "high fantasy". Quite the high fantasy show to mix borrowed mythology alongside modern cities and technology.
>>
>>29733300
I don't know anybody who would describe the show as "high fantasy" nor anybody who thought it was all about lore, if anybody ever felt that way they didn't watch the majority of the episodes at all and only payed attention to the boss battles and two parters

MLP appealed to me, and most fans I know and spoken with about it, because it was a combination of fantasy and lore and aventure with classic cartoon comedy and slice of life elements
>>
>>29733300
Ah, I see. You have one image for the posters on the board ("everyone is obsessed with greentext, lore, and thinks the show is high fantasy") rather than it being a bunch of random fucks with varying opinions.
>>
>>29733072
That's my favorite episode. I know it has its flaws as I've seen mentioned when the episode has been discussed many times before, but I love it. Never fails to be heartwarming, nor does it fail to put a large smile on my face.
>>
>>29733322
>>29733327
I'm only commenting on what I've observed most on the board. A lot of the complaints about recent seasons have been about the lack of fantasy in "a fantasy cartoon" including having fully modernized cities like Las Pegasus and other non-fantasy technology.
Granted I've also seen people complaining about the lessons recently being all too realistic. At the very least the most vocal opinion has been that one of the worst things to happen to the show (besides Twilicorn, Starlight becoming a major character, less horse-like gestures, generally declining quality etc) is more and more technology being introduced.

>varying opinions
Have you seen the episode ranking thread? The general opinions here are painfully bland and similar. Almost any thread that involves show discussion is virtually guaranteed most of the replies are complaining about how shitty the show has been since season 2.
I get that not all users share the same opinions, I was in the episode strawpoll threads during seasons 5 and 6 that showed despite how much bitching was going on in the stickies there was more or less a larger split. The problem is we get a situation where one idea or opinion is more frequently or vocally shared and this is seen as the general consensus. I see more people bitching about the show ruining chances to have deeper lore, or bitching about technology ruining the show, or bitching about some character ruining the show. Regardless what the actual opinions are, the most visible has always been constant bitching. And anyone that challenges the vocal opinion gets shouted down for having a differing opinion, as evident by the mostly ridiculously offended and dismissive responses I received for simply explaining the reasons I didn't like the episode.
>>
>>29733165
>>Current joke is that the mane six are so compromised the their simplified main personality (fun, nerd, pets, fast, dresses and apple) that they often blow out of proportions
Rewrite this fucking sentence right now, you europoorfag.
>>
>>29733232
Everything about it was fucking garbage. The jokes were unfunny, the references were retarded, the voice acting was sarcastic, cringeworthy, forced and fake. There was no goddamn world building.
The rest of the episodes you posted were just as garbage as season 6.
What the hell makes you so fucking sure about everything despite being a drugged college drop out in denial over how shit his life is? I'm sick of fucking retards like you, get lost till I don't break your jewish nose.
>>
>>29733479
>Almost any thread that involves show discussion is guaranteed to have people complaining about that 1 person yelling that the show has been shit since the start of season 2.
Fixed it for you.
>>
>>29733198
>>29733300
Greentext is written to be concise, for the dumb generation.
>Be me
>Be le retard xD
>Le drinking coffee.

It doesn't help that your own writing style is fucking atrocious. It takes you a whole paragraph to say a simple thing. Usually when using paragraphs you should be telling something much more substanceful which can't be explained in a few words.
>>
>>29734589
>1 person
>when we get shit like >>29731902
>where most of the replies agree
>"boy do I sure hate this show and love sucking dicks!"
>"You do?! Holy shit, me too!"
>"Yeah so do I!"
>"Let's all hang out on a board dedicated to a show we all now hate and suck dick together! :D"

>>29734783
>In short I didn't care for that episode either
At least attempt to look for a tl;dr before commenting about how difficult it is to read three or four sentences. ;^)
>>
Holy shit finally a normal person. So this is how a normal point of view feels like.

Unlike all these weirdos, retards and mental wrecks which think a scorpion is huggable.
>>
Tell me about it... I SAID TELL ME ABOUT IT.
>>
>>29733072
It also wasn't funny, interesting or the least bit enjoyable to watch. I'd quite describe it as cringeworthy and not in the good Courage the Cowardly dog and Ren and Stimpy way.
>>
File: 1490401140792.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490401140792.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>29733198
>>
>>29733072
Yourn't cute or funny at all >:c
>>
>>29737333
If you're embarrassed about watching a cartoon, the problem here is you.
>>
>>29734783
>substanceful
Shouldn't that be "substantial"?
>>
File: 1451122993184.gif (738KB, 514x431px) Image search: [Google]
1451122993184.gif
738KB, 514x431px
I swear I will watch this now but I need sleep first.
>>
>>29733072
you know whats cute and fun?

my peenus weenus of course :D
haha
>>
File: Wrong.jpg (156KB, 465x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong.jpg
156KB, 465x1024px
>>29733198
The episode is about post traumatic stress disorder Anon.

Twilight broke under Discord without any prompting or mind control and watched her life crumble around her, she had to pull herself back together to save the day but left her trauma unresolved so as soon as things quieted down her emotional damage started expressing itself in a fixation with maintaining order.

It makes me laugh that people make bold claims about quality but never look below the immediate surface of what going on in an episode.
>>
>>29733198
I can understand this, but it wasn't too bad.

The truly egregious episode in this vein was Feeling Pinkie Keen. The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows also makes the list.
>>
>>29734580
We need more good men like this one to manhandle the horsefuckers.
>>
>Rape
>>
>>29733198
>And PoO (holy shit I only just realized Party of One's abbreviation spells "poo" lel)

Good fucking god Anon. It's fitting you posted Maud, because that shit was autistic.
>>
>>29733072
Bump
>>
Why are you still here if the show stopped being good for you after season 1?
>>
>>29741629
Well autismo/assholeo, I genuinely don't have a group with whom to rant about, not because I'm too abrasive and asocial, but because I forgot to ask everyone's contact number at the right time. Now I'm left all alone and only have you shitposters as company, and you can notice just how much I love your sweet autism that can't even bounce off a ball.
>>
>>29742733
get a trip so I can filter your cancer
>>
>>29733198

Neurotic Twilight is fun and funny. Having done "extreme overreaction" in one previous episode does not constitute an overplayed concept, and characters overreacting to something that wouldn't bother normal people is a great source of humor.

Furthermore, Spike snapping Twilight out of a panic does not break the fourth wall because no one is ever acknowledging to the audience. Learn your terminology. Being mad about the sun "ticking" isn't a great observation about the unreality of the world. It just makes you an idiot that can't distinguish between what is actually happening in-world and what the character's perspective is.

> PoO
You need to be 18+ to post here.
>>
>>29744564
Making the characters extremely overreact is a cliché of cheap entertainment that speaks volumes of the writer's laziness. Oh look, the writer for that episode was Meghan McCarthy who also wrote the previous "character overreacts to a simple situation for the sake of comedy" and is known for her episodes and Equestria Girls movies being painfully cliché.

As for the instances of breaking the fourth wall, no it doesn't only include a character directly interacting with the audience. It applies to any instance a character would show awareness of their medium and in this case (as much as I despise tvtropes for turning conventions into memetic bullshit) tvtropes lists Spike interacting with Twilight's imagination as breaking the fourth wall.
>It's not actually a fourth-wall joke, it's a deep representation of the character's perspective!
This is the kind of shit I was talking about earlier. It's a cartoon, not a work of deep intellectual writing. It's like the people that honestly believe Suited for Success was a snarky send-up to Hasbro executives and not just a generic reverse of the "customer is always right" proverb once again for the sake of comedy. The difference here is I actually found Suited for Success to be amusing. It didn't rely overtly on "cartoon gags" but rather on characters subverting expectation by getting what they want and it turning out bad by their design. Even Rarity playing mellodramatic for being shamed by what her friends did felt like a natural part of her character and didn't feel as forced as Twilight literally almost fucking a whole town over because "lol her personality trait is obsessing over her work".
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.