[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are we here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 22

Ponies died a long time ago, what we see now is the walking shambling of a corpse. A puppet with strings being pulled by individuals who seek to lure you into their pockets.

Can't wait for season 7
>>
>>29732150
The show never stopped being good. The idea it stopped being good is a meme by retarded shitposters who if they applied the same cynicism to S1 and S2 would hate those too.
>>
>>29732158
>season 1 2 3 and not being the best
surely you jest
>>
Protip, bronyism was always a contrived phenomenon for people who never fit in elsewhere
>>
>>29732177
>Season 3
Still the worst season.

>>29732209
Aside from the inherent cringe that comes with bronies, is that necessarily a bad thing?
>>
File: AUTISM.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AUTISM.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>29732158
>the very concept of different people liking different stuff is a meme
>>
>>29732158
This to be quite honest with you my family.
S1 has too much cringe humor and animation errors. S2 is great though.
>>
>>29732150
>Why are we here
People have been asking that question since the dawn of man. We're not going to have an answer any time soon.
>>
File: And then there is this peasant.png (322KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
And then there is this peasant.png
322KB, 1024x1024px
>>29732678
>S1 has too much cringe humor
Are you talking about the cutesy shit back when this show was aimed at little girls? That's what made it good in the first place, nigger
>>
File: LQB.jpg (4KB, 546x546px) Image search: [Google]
LQB.jpg
4KB, 546x546px
>>29732678
>S1 has too much cringe humor
>>
Should have ended after S3.

Once Twilight became an alicorn princess the series completely strayed from its roots.
>>
>it's another anti MLP thread on MLP under the false guise of "b-but I'm a fan"

Report blatant troll threads and anti-brony threads, it's your duty to this board as an anon who cares about board quality after all
>>
File: niggerest.jpg (313KB, 700x995px) Image search: [Google]
niggerest.jpg
313KB, 700x995px
>>29732678
Drink bleach.
>>
File: mlp board activity 2012 - 2016.png (160KB, 984x1014px) Image search: [Google]
mlp board activity 2012 - 2016.png
160KB, 984x1014px
>>29732158
>>29732728

denialfags right there.

>>29732717

the numbers dont lie, senpai
>>
>>29732749
You forgot to include Spike singing the anthem.
>>
>>29732756
What is there to deny? The board is less active than it was in 2013, yeah....so are Adventure Time threads on /co/.

You do realize the show has been on the air for nearly a decade by now, yes? Lots of people have grown out of it, and lots of people who weren't really big fans stopped caring about it because MLP was once a pop culture phenomenon, and it's now just yet another show, nobody cares about bronies anymore we just exist

None of this says anything about what's being discussed , /co/ has been recently been being spammed with Samurai Jack threads, that won't be the case by the end of the year
>>
>not liking cartoons with unoriginal stereotype when characters never change their status quo, never change their clothes, nothing important affecting future episodes happens since forever
>MLP ruins this retarded unoriginal stereotype well
>people want it to be unoriginal with same things happening again and again and again and again instead
The amount of literally mentally damaged retards in this fandom still impresses me.
>>
File: 1489911865247.jpg (23KB, 352x482px) Image search: [Google]
1489911865247.jpg
23KB, 352x482px
>>29732158
Seriously, no joke, kill yourself as soon as possible.
>>
File: snowflake.jpg (177KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
snowflake.jpg
177KB, 500x376px
>>29732781
>>
>>29732781
>implying we want the same thing forever
>having this little understanding of your opposition
We want the show to die, we wanted it to die when it deserved to.
Besides, driving the content further and further away from it's roots is just as bad as doing the same stupid shit forever.
>>
>>29732781
They were never fans, just trolls baiting us as per usual since the very inception of this fandom

There have always been people on this site posing as fans only to shittalk the show

>>29732790
>we
Yeah we know anti bronies do, it isn't going to anytime soon so it'd probably be better for everyone involved if you died

>Besides, driving the content further and further away from it's roots is just as bad as doing the same stupid shit forever.
You don't know what the roots of the show were and you literally can't come up with reasons of how the show has strayed from those roots other than fucking autistic retarded troll shit like "THERE WAS AN EPISODE WITH A CAR!!!!"
>>
>>29732795
>if you don't like to see the characters you love being butchered, ignored or replaced with random new characters for no reason you were never a fan
K. I was never a fan then.
>>
>>29732795
You're a fucking idiot. You make this board worse by just browsing.
>>
>>29732802
I am this board. I am 50 percent of the posts here since the very first thread on /co/. I am the only reason the show still exists because my dad works for Hasbro and I buy 40 pieces of every single piece of merchandise. You kill yourself.

>>29732798
Name a character who has been replaced or butchered, and explain why. Or don't, like I know you won't, and shut up.
>>
>>29732828
>Name a character who has been replaced or butchered
Been there, done that. I'm not doing it again to please you. You already said that I'm not a REAL FAN, fuck you with your REAL FAN cards.
>>
>>29732841
No. If you're not willing to make detailed rebuttals and explanations about six years of content every single time someone asks you to, you're wrong.
>>
File: 1489717247572.png (15KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
1489717247572.png
15KB, 698x1284px
>>
>>29732854
If you're not willing to prove your point on an anonymous discussion imageboard, then don't try to make it, or else you are trolling/shitposting and trying to stir up shit

We're not friends here, we're anonymous, I have literally no idea who you are, if you have no point to make and are just being hateful/inflammatory with no reasoning, guess what, you're trolling and that's against the rules
>>
File: 1483639655995.jpg (22KB, 220x206px) Image search: [Google]
1483639655995.jpg
22KB, 220x206px
>>29732774
>Lots of people have grown out of it
>lots of people who weren't really big fans stopped caring about it
Yeah thats precisely what happens with other popular universes, which doesn't devolve to shit.
Oh no, w8, it fucking doesn't, you shillfag.
>>
>>29732828
>Name a character who has been replaced or butchered, and explain why.
Twillight sparkle. Whole fucking changelings race.
Now go fuck yourself, imbecile.
>>
>>29732966
>if you have no point to make
Point: being a fan of a show means caring about the characters you know in that show. If you say that to keep the show alive they can change literally anything on the show, and that all the changes are good, you're not a fan of the show, you're a fan of the brand. You would literally defend The Powerpuff Girls reboot if instead of a different show they had introduced the PPG in MLP out of nowhere, and they had stopped showing ponies.
You. Are. A. Fucking. Retard.

Is that a good point?
>>
>>29732973
Yes it does
In fact I dare you to name a fandom that's been this strong this long, kek. Look at any other more recent show, even the SU fandom already had "IT WAS BETTER BEFORE" fags as does literally every other show that may only be two or three seasons in, or the equivalent of that compared to MLP

People have been bitching since 2013, it's been "devolved to shit" since it became popular

>>29732980
Twilight Sparkle hasn't been replaced, numbskull. Whether she's been "ruined" or not is subjective, but if you don't see her progression as being at the very least logical, you are a fucking idiot. The entire basis of the show was a cynical anti-social nerd being forced to make friends in order to be happier and learn, she's done that. You can prefer old Twilight if you want, but she was never meant to stay that way regardless of regal status or extra appendages
>>
>>29732790
>implying we want the same thing forever
Yes, you do. That's why every time something happens that shakes the status quo and people's headcanons break, that same people throw bitchfests that last weeks, if not months.

Worst of all is they pretend S1 was this impossibly flawless model of entelechy and conveniently forget all the boring episodes or even the bad ones that stirred so much drama, Lauren Faust had to apologize.

The show is no worse than it used to be, because the show was never that great in the first place. If you think so regardless, then you fell in love with a shadow.
>>
>>29732991
>everything that happened was what was meant to happen
How convenient.

>>29732994
>you fell in love with a shadow
4deep6me
>>
>>29732985
>Is that a good point?
No
>Point: being a fan of a show means caring about the characters you know in that show.
K
> If you say that to keep the show alive they can change literally anything on the show, and that all the changes are good, you're not a fan of the show, you're a fan of the brand.
If you get mad at a show for not following your headcanon, you're not a fan, you're an autist. You also would have to actually describe how said characters have been changed for the worse or "ruined" as another anon put it, you can't just say something is shit without saying why and expect anybody to take you seriously as anything but a hater and troll.
In my opinion, the only character who's been significantly changed is Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Diamond Tiara, and Discord....and I have no problem with any of their changes, don't give a damn about Starlight, think Diamond Tiara deserved the progression, Discord is just as entertaining as he ever was as a villain, and Twilight....while I miss her old cynical self, it makes absolutely no sense that she would remain that person/pony she was back then

> You would literally defend The Powerpuff Girls reboot if instead of a different show they had introduced the PPG in MLP out of nowhere, and they had stopped showing ponies.
Powerpuff Girls reboot was...a reboot, therfor it is exempt from being anything like the show it was inspired by. You must be new to cartoons and comic books if you don't get this concept, just like all the TT autists who were likely born in 1995 and TT was babby's first capeshit show

Also, I haven't seen the new PPG and have absolutely no interest in ever doing so, but if it was good there would be nothing wrong with it being different than the original because it's NOT THE SAME SERIES

No two Batman shows have ever been alike or had the same characterization of the characters despite all using the same characters, none of this is relevant to My Little Pony Friendship is Magic though
>>
>>29733009
>If you want a show to last forever, even if it means replacing the characters that were in the show from the beginning, and you say that literally every single change the show has ever had is the best possible change, you're not an autist, you're a fan.
Sure thing, m8.
>>
File: Trixie_innocent.png (100KB, 814x918px) Image search: [Google]
Trixie_innocent.png
100KB, 814x918px
>>29733017
Once again, you've not made a single counter point against me, you've only insulted me and tried to sarcastically twist my words around

You're a mere troll, I advise other anons to report this thread, not that I would report it, because announcing reports is against the rules

Also kys fag, more people are happy with the show than not, you're a vocal minority of unhappy douches who obsess over a show you despise. Utterly pathetic, far more so than grown men who unironically love and derive joy from a show about cute magic ponies
>>
Honestly, I dislike the show in its current iteration.

Rarity and Dash are more or less "finished" with their great ambitions and are sorta just floating there. AJ, Ponk, and Flutters are characters who's developments might as well reset after every episode.

Twilight only really exists when Starlight's around or previously when she needs to sideline everyone else to save the world in a 2 parter. Spike is either a meme for cartoony abuse or some infallible hero, having no actual goal or purpose to really aspire to.

Starlight's a mess from her failed redemption execution to her methods of dealing with things and having 0 realistic interaction with her "friends" the M5. Celestia, for all her apparent importance in this world, exists only to be worfed and abducted, or otherwise made ineffective. Luna's had it better at least, but now that she's completely over herself, what else is there?

Cadence and Shining are literally product placement for their playsets with skeletons of a character.

Things like the Castle of the Sisters go on ignored for no particular reason, despite being supposedly important. Maud returns yet again when Pinkie has two other sisters who aren't explored much at all.

It feels like things should have ended, but instead just drag on as a slog only for the sake of keeping things going ad to sell toys. Where we could have had an interesting and coherent world where such things actually mattered, it feels like everything is sporadic and mostly irrelevant. I mean it took this long for someone to point out that the M6 are literally Equestria's saviors x times over.

As for why we're still here? Its because people cant let go. Some are so hopelessly addicted that there are claims that they'll unironically kill themselves if they lose their dose of pony somehow. Others are less extreme and can enjoy it in other mediums like fan works despite the direction the show goes.

Honestly, I'd like to see a reset.
>>
File: 1489438415189.png (144KB, 1068x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489438415189.png
144KB, 1068x600px
>>29733122
I used to hold out hope that the show would get better again, but after S6 and the info we got for S7, I've lost that optimism. Larson was the last person on staff that actually cared, and he's not coming back. I'd rather they just scrap the current show and move on to G5.
>>
>>29733065
Seriously, Anon. If you can stop memeing for 5 seconds, look back. The first post in the discussion was >>29732781. I quote,
>The amount of literally mentally damaged retards in this fandom still impresses me
You can't seriously expect to receive serious replies if you start a fucking conversation saying "everyone is a mentally damaged retard except me". Do you want me to convince that I'm not a retard? I don't give a fuck if you think that I'm a retard, but obviously I'm not going to try to have a real conversation with someone with such mindset.

Do you want a real conversation? Start a real thread, and wait for replies. Something like "What would you change to make the show better?", I don't know. Literally anything but "you all are literally mentally retards if you don't like every single episode".

The only thing you did here was jump into a shitposting thread instead of reporting it, just to have an excuse to insult everyone who doesn't think exactly the same than you. And now you're playing the victim card because the people is insulting you back.

Can't you see it?
>>
File: 308.png (138KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
308.png
138KB, 256x361px
>people are spending hours upon hours describing in details how everything is bad instead of making it better with their contribution
This is the ultimate level of misery.
>>
>>29733170
How would you propose people make it better? No one here is involved with the production of the show.
>>
>>29733182
You can at least start with redirecting all the endless sitposting from this board to Hasbro Studios.
>>
File: ownership.jpg (80KB, 491x438px) Image search: [Google]
ownership.jpg
80KB, 491x438px
>>29733170
>making it better with their contribution
There's nothing people in this board can do now to fix things.

This fandom only had one chance to try and make things better, and that was pressuring the S3 finale to be undone ASAP "too autistic" means nothing with what this fandom is, and Hasbro have bowed to external pressure before with derpygate, so it wasn't entirely impossible.

But people did nothing, so it doesn't matter how much people complain nowadays, Hasbro knows they can get away with anything they want.
>>
>>29733212
There's literally nothing wrong with S3 finale.
>>
>>29733196
And you think they'd give even an iota of a fuck, why?
>>
>>29732158
fpbp
>>
>>29732828
>>>29732802
>I am this board. I am 50 percent of the posts here since the very first thread on /co/. I am the only reason the show still exists because my dad works for Hasbro and I buy 40 pieces of every single piece of merchandise
When did 12 yr olds start browsing /mlp/?
>>
>>29733164
I'm the only one having a discussion
You're spewing insults about the show while giving no reasons why you hate it
>Do you want a real conversation? Start a real thread, and wait for replies. Something like "What would you change to make the show better?"
I don't personally care about the opinions of non fans, I'm only asking people to explain the comments they've made so I can tell them why they're wrong
Which they know I will do, hence why they aren't responding with real answers or explanations
>"you all are literally mentally retards if you don't like every single episode".
Find the post where I said that, you can't, you're bullshitting
>The only thing you did here was jump into a shitposting thread instead of reporting it
Announcing reports is against the rules. That being said, everyone else should report this thread
>And now you're playing the victim card
Hardly, I'm looking for one of you idiots to offer up a real argument so I can make you look stupid
>>
File: why are you still here.jpg (459KB, 2560x1505px) Image search: [Google]
why are you still here.jpg
459KB, 2560x1505px
>>29732150
>Ponies are still cute
>Each season has had it's equal share of good and shit episodes
seems fine to me
>>
>>29733214
When not even the guy who wrote that turd can defend it, you're nothing but a lying sack of shit shill, and I hope you go to hell.
>>
>>29733307
I don't know if you're trying to be funny or it's just that you have an absolute lack of self awareness. Keep on memeing then.
>>
>>29733122
>Things like the Castle of the Sisters go on ignored for no particular reason,
Seriously what's up with that? They spent all this time exploring and redecorating the castle to only be forgotten by Twilight's castle. Fucking RIP
>>
>>29733122
>there are claims that they'll unironically kill themselves
Don't worry anon, i'll kill myself ironically
>>
>>29732158
/thread
>>
>>29733312
This, the show has changed this much is true....but not in the ways the anti-bronies think. It's changed in minor ways like stylized animation and the ponies being generally more animal than anthro in terms of their mannerisms

But in terms of writing and episode quality, it's pretty much the same today as it was back in the day....and it's really a pointless argument because the people who say the show is so much worse now are people who usually openly admit they quit watching over four years ago, so their opinion doesn't even fucking matter what they say
>>
>>29732158
This for me. I know Anons have their reasons for disliking the show in its current state, some of them are even good reasons that make sense, but I'm still liking the show in its current state.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
>>29733375
>some of them are even good reasons that make sense
Based anon, I appreciate this.
Never stop liking the show.
>>
>>29733315
There's nothing wrong with the main idea of S3 finale. The episode itself is shit, yes.
>>
>>29733488
No, the idea is also shit.
>>
File: 1325969982781.jpg (27KB, 628x478px) Image search: [Google]
1325969982781.jpg
27KB, 628x478px
>>29733488
>main idea of S3 finale
And what the main idea of S3 finale, except of the new toy line?
Wait, don't even answer, just go fuck yourself right away.
>>
>>29732158
All it would take is one individual with the position that the show is no longer good for your apparent claim of some kind of quantifiable experiential value judgment as being an accurate descriptor for the quality of show to be refuted.

You're retarded.
>>
File: sas.png (26KB, 382x274px) Image search: [Google]
sas.png
26KB, 382x274px
>>29732150
huehuehuehue
>>
File: medium.jpg (59KB, 559x600px) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
59KB, 559x600px
>>29733965
>implying what OP said is false?
>>
File: trixie__by_spu313-d5mvlzd.png (134KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
trixie__by_spu313-d5mvlzd.png
134KB, 752x1063px
>>29733065
>vector with white background
>>
I remember a time when bronies were the face of the New Sincerity, to bad that fell apart.
>>
>>29734197
We're now post-post-postmodernism.
>>
>>29734027
subtle
>>
File: 1450745701361.jpg (184KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450745701361.jpg
184KB, 1280x720px
>>29732150
>Can't wait for season 7
That's pretty much why we're still here.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.