[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/fag here, is this show worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 24

File: maxresdefault.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
/co/fag here, is this show worth watching?
>>
>>29731853
Watch it and find out.
>>
>>29731853
A real /co/fag wouldn't even have to ask the question. Especially an oldfag.
>>
Not after S3 finale, no.
>>
>>29731853
at this point i prefer Star VS The Forvces of Evil
the show isnt good anymore

>inb4 "why are you still here?"
the same reason all you faggots are still here
>>
File: 1460987836332.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460987836332.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>>29731853
>Showing your new
>>
>>29731853
>Daily "Should I watch the show" false thread
fuck off.
>>
>>29731902
Ma nigga.
>>
>>29731853
No.
>>
>>29731853

From a 2010-2013 mindset, the show is definitely worth watching. There wasn't much competition in cartoons for shows with heavy lore and a progressing narrative besides for maybe Adventure Time. And I think MLP was just as good as AT.

Nowadays with stuff like Gravity Falls having come and gone and Star Vs. starting to pick up, MLP's lack of creative freedom and pure suffocation from toy mandates and a shitty, mismanaged broken team of writers makes it seem bad by comparison.

The individual stories are still occasionally very good, but don't expect any worthwhile DEEPEST LORE moments like you'd expect from the better cartoons these days.

It's a damn shame really, since MLP had a ton of potential for an amazing world and lore in the early seasons.
>>
File: luna clap.jpg (30KB, 357x392px) Image search: [Google]
luna clap.jpg
30KB, 357x392px
>>29731853

Honestly, yes.
Season 6 was a bit of a mess and the fandom has been slowly dying since 2013, but it's never too late to get into it.
Although you have to ask around to know the deep history of the fandom.
Lots of old jokes and ideas that don't get too much attention nowadays, almost forgotten.
>>
>>29731853
Six years
Six motherfucking years
Do you think we would still be watching it if it wasn't worth it, faggot?
>>
File: at night.png (136KB, 304x256px) Image search: [Google]
at night.png
136KB, 304x256px
>>29731853
It kinda feels nice having the "hourly what's the appeal thread" almost every six hours again.
>>
File: Mass Defect.mkv_snapshot_18.08.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mass Defect.mkv_snapshot_18.08.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>29731987
>Do you think we would still be watching it if it wasn't worth it, faggot?
Y-yeah, you t-tell him, anon.
>>
>>29731853
No, it was all a ruse.
>>
>>29731853
The six seaons I've seen is worth watching. The question is in comparison to what?

It beats the The Simpson hands down, and it complements Family Guy with another type of humor.
So it all depends on what your weekend line-up consists of and what slot/genre you intend the show to fill.

Unlike some very vocal people I also liked S4 and S5, but for S6 it seem the writers ran out of steam.
It focused too much on drama instead of variuos events and making "funny faces". (A lot of the humor is graphical.)
Perhaps the lack of inspiration was the reason all writers left after S6?
>>
File: 275ca77df26962b057ea82fa1598de41.png (463KB, 1284x622px) Image search: [Google]
275ca77df26962b057ea82fa1598de41.png
463KB, 1284x622px
No.

Watch Equestria Girls instead
>>
>>29731853

>god tier
seasons 1, 4, and 5
Rainbow Rocks

>great tier
season 2
Friendship Games
Legend of Everfree

>good tier
season 6

>shit tier
season 3
Equestria Girls 1
>>
File: into_the_trash_spike_sends_you.jpg (20KB, 180x143px) Image search: [Google]
into_the_trash_spike_sends_you.jpg
20KB, 180x143px
>>29732020
Don't listen to him. Even if they had hooves in that one, all the characters are watered down so hard except for Sunset Shimmer.
>>
>>29731902
Agreed
>>
>>29731902

Fluttershy fan detected.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil is fucking great, I'm just cuck memeposting.
>>
>>29732037
Anon, stop trying to lie to the poor sap and hog all of the pony kino for yourself!
>>
File: Silence.jpg (30KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Silence.jpg
30KB, 320x240px
>>29732033
>season 4
>better than 2, 6, or even 3
>>
>>29731853
The first few seasons are decent as guilty pleasures/cute and comfy SoL. Series breaks down after season 3 because the show was supposed to end there and didn't.
>>
>SISTER
>Luna screamed out for her Sister, Princess Celestia.
>She had been caressing her amazingly long crotch tits for several days now.
>For some reason, it was believed that massaging Celestia's magical crotch tit's would grant three wishes if you did it long enough.
>Luna was frustrated, it had been several hours and there had been no voice or anything to give her three wishes.
>"Come on Tia, I need those wishes! Momma gots ta get them new eerings, ya feel me?"
>Celestia was currently stroking her pussy, because of how aroused she was from Luna massaging her lactating balloons.
>Also, she was pregnant with Shining Armor's child (Don't tell Cadance), and needed to get off from the pregnancy affecting her.
>"How much longer must I stroke your tits sister?"
>"I'm almost there, Luna, just a little bit longer!"
>Seeing that she was closer to getting her new wishes, she massaged harder than ever before with excited glee.
>"Oh boy, I can't wait for my three new wishes, gee willickers!"

Song: Ding Dong my bitch is wet, slop my dong with her thong.
>>
>>29731853

Yes. The show has going for it:

A wide cast of unique characters that interact in interesting ways.
Ok job of juggling multiple long-term character arcs.
Weapons-grade Cuteness.
Relatable themes.
Morality without being patronizing.
Cool mix of 90% slice of life, 10% adventure.
Expansive world obviously inspired by epic fantasy.
Implied as well as explicit backstories.
Decent humor in both dialog and visuals.
Plenty of "blink and miss it" attention to detail in the background.
Songs with production value I would normally expect from a feature film.

I'm not sure I would call it the best (it could have been, had things worked out differently),
but it is the most rewatchable show I know.
>>
File: 1380850623611.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1380850623611.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>29732137
Beautiful.
>>
File: IMG_5894.jpg (48KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5894.jpg
48KB, 660x495px
>>29731902
>I prefer progressive degeneracy to traditional values and sound moral lessons
>>
>>29732389
>I prefer buzzword buzzword buzzword
over meaningless buzzword buzzword
As eloquent as always, my good anonymous.
>>
>>29732389

If you think MLP is immune, you're crazy.

Yes, we got a lot of coincidentally conservative values in the past season or two. But pretty much every writer and person who works on the show is a staunch liberal.

Season 7 was written at a time where Trump was just gaining momentum so, we might be safe for one more season unless someone was particularly worried and passionate.

Season 8 is a an entirely different story. Writing begins December/January which is going to mean an insane amount of potential for signalling their hate for Trump's win in their writing.
>>
>>29732392
>refuses to interpret what his implying
Stay degenerate.
>>
>>29732426
>we got a lot of coincidentally conservative values in the past season or two
Conservative values have been here since S1
>>
>>29731902
Star VS is a great show, but MLP is better.
>>
>>29732465

Yes, the show is conservative in general but I was talking more specific plotlines.

Even in season 1 we got the "Damsel in Distress" are bad episode. Season 2 had a toxic masculinity episode with Dragon Quest.

I just found that some season 5 and 6 episodes had some strangely anti-liberal values.

Season 5 Premiere: Strangely nuanced idea of equality for a kid's show
The Mane Attraction: Whorish guady popstars are bad.
Gauntlet of Fire: Strong girl who is oppressed by boys competition premise. Instead it makes no reference to gender, females already competing, and ends in a very egalitarian way.
Newbie Dash: Banter that teeters on the edge of bullying in a team sport setting is a normal and healthy.
Flutter Brutter: Don't be a societal leech.
>>
>>29731902
I quite like Star VS too, other than Gravity Falls it's the only other newer cartoon I actually do like, but it doesn't compare to MLP to me....the only thing the two have in common is whimsical imagery, which every kids show has had since MLP and Adventure Time blew up, and a girl lead character

Star VS while sort of advertising it, doesn't really have as much of an emphasis on adventure that MLP delves into each season, and really the humor doesn't appeal to me as much as MLPs, I mainly like Star VS because I find the characters kind of charming

>the show isnt good anymore
Your opinion, I think the show is still great and it's still my favorite airing show....I thought s6 was weaker than s4 and s5, but s3 was weaker than the seasons before it too and it didn't stop me from enjoying the show

>the same reason all you faggots are still here
I'm still here cause I still love the show and this is the medium in which I choose to discuss it, I literally couldn't care less for fanfiction greens, shitposting, or board drama

>>29732527
>Season 2 had a toxic masculinity episode with Dragon Quest.
I mean, I guess you could interpret it that way simply because the dragons were portrayed as typical teen males....but I didn't get that out of it moral wise, to me the moral was that bullying is bad and you shouldn't have to change who you are to fit in with bullies, Spike is goofed on a bit but I don't even see him as being a character who's particularly feminine (unlike say, Steven), in the episode too he was pretty much completely right, he was having a good time with the other dragons until they were about to basically kill/whatever the unborn child of an innocent Pheonix family
>>
>>29732527
>I just found that some season 5 and 6 episodes had some strangely anti-liberal values.
>just
A half of the board went into full Tumblr when Newbie Dash had aired.
>>
>>29732527
>>29732564
Continued....did they shorten the fucking character limit or something?

>>The Mane Attraction: Whorish guady popstars are bad.
Once again, I can see how you might assume that on a surface level but I didn't get that, the moral I got was that you shouldn't let people take advantage of you just because they make you feel like you owe them something, also surprisingly a subtly message about how handlers in the entertainment industry abuse their clients

>Gauntlet of Fire: Strong girl who is oppressed by boys competition premise. Instead it makes no reference to gender, females already competing, and ends in a very egalitarian way.
I feel like anything other than that would be going against what the show has always stood for, which was partially not portraying girls as stupid, incompetent, or way that makes them seem like helpless dolts

>Newbie Dash: Banter that teeters on the edge of bullying in a team sport setting is a normal and healthy.
Meh, I can see that point of view if you really want to be picky but I didn't personally see anything wrong with it, especially when it's dealing with Rainbow Dash, a pony who strives on being tough and has said worse things to her own friends/done things to them you could call bullying based on that standard

>Flutter Brutter: Don't be a societal leech.
Is that really anti-liberal? I think not being a lazy and selfish person who wants to live with their parents forever is a decent moral no matter what your politics are
>>
>>29732574

I actually would agree with those guys. The moral is raw and real and fits right into a masculine show for little boys. It does not fit at all with My Little Pony. it's a complete 180 from the sappy idiotic idealism seen in One Bad Apple. Girls don't do friendly banter. You know how the saying goes, guys insult rach other and don't really mean it, girls compliment eachother and also don't mean it.

>>29732582

For the mane attraction outside of the obvious moral, it's clearly taking a pot shot at the hypersexualized modern pop stars. It even goes as far as to reject Rarity's flashy outfit at the end in order to emphisise becoming more conservative in her music career.

And Flutter Brutter was obviously made just as a joke about bronies. But, in any other context, a premise like that is one that only a conservative would think to put in a kid's cartoon regardless of its lack of a political leaning in practice.
>>
File: lenny.jpg (7KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
lenny.jpg
7KB, 253x199px
>>29732629
>it's a complete 180 from the sappy idiotic idealism seen in One Bad Apple.
Not the Anon you're responding to here, but please explain

>The moral is raw and real and fits right into a masculine show for little boys. It does not fit at all with My Little Pony.
Let's not forget what was pretty much the creators mission statement for the series....there is more than one way to be a girl. If the moral doesn't fit into MLP, to be honest neither do characters like Rainbow Dash, Spitfire, Lightning Dust, Daring Do, etc

>it's clearly taking a pot shot at the hypersexualized modern pop stars. It even goes as far as to reject Rarity's flashy outfit at the end in order to emphisise becoming more conservative in her music career.
See I don't get that from it, everyone loved Colouratura and nothing was made to seem bad about her, the only bad element was her manager who was taking advantage of her and using her, I just saw the ending as being more of like her taking away the facade and being more candid, not necessarily saying anything bad about the "glitz and glam"

>And Flutter Brutter was obviously made just as a joke about bronies.
Once again I gotta say I never got that opinion either, people on this board made it seem like it was pic related, but to me he just was more a parody of neo hippies and millenials than he was any brony or fandom stereotype

Hell, Patton Oswalds character was more a shot at bronies than him, and even he could just be considered a cynical nerd parody in general which is not exclusive to this fandom
>>
>>29731886
>>29732100
This meme isn't funny anymore.
>>
>>29732629
>Girls don't do friendly banter
But they do. It's not about boys and girls - it's about the collective.
When I was serving in the army, we had some women as contract soldiers - they behave exactly like male soldiers do.

It's just the younger generations spend less and less time actually interacting with actual people, let alone going out of their comfort zones - so what would've been considered a common sense 10-15 years ago now shocks and surprises people.
>>
>>29731902
I dont hate Star but it just doesnt have any staying power for me.

>>29731853
sure, its a charming show with the occasional life lesson wrapped in a song. great designs, great songs, great voice acting, decent animation.
>>
>>29732389
Cumming inside a fucking a horse is degeneracy as well dumbshit. Don't act high and mighty.
>>
File: tko.png (200KB, 746x699px) Image search: [Google]
tko.png
200KB, 746x699px
>>29731902
Star VS season 2 = mlp season 6
tho
>>
>>29732655
It's not a meme, you Twilicorn shiteater. It's a genuine sentiment.

Sorry, but not everyone gobbled up Hasjew's shit with a smile and called it ice cream.
>>
>>29732713
r u mad bro?
>>
>>29732713
And not everyone is an autistic meme spouting moron who talks about things they know nothing about

Checkmate waterhead
>>
File: WRONG .gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG .gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>29732675
>>
>>29731853
In its current direction, not really.
It still has a decent legacy in its past seasons, though.
>>
>>29731853
Yes, it's the only cartoon I watch every episode of these days. Even mediocre episodes bring me some amount of joy through a joke, cute moment, or song
>>
File: 1299711527700.png (376KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
1299711527700.png
376KB, 600x677px
>>29732033
This.
>>
File: Disdain for plebs.png (393KB, 774x700px) Image search: [Google]
Disdain for plebs.png
393KB, 774x700px
>>29732033
>>god tier
>seasons 1, [...] and 5
Aw ye-
>Rainbow Rocks
Soiled it. Friendship Games is the truest kino of the EqG franchise, RR was just a soulless flick that happens to appeal to the lowest common denominator with flashy lights and decent music.

>>29732084
>Season 4
>Not better than 3
>Not equal to 2
>>
File: zu3yihuk.png (314KB, 895x463px) Image search: [Google]
zu3yihuk.png
314KB, 895x463px
>>29731902
Wow I feel the exact same way. Star is becoming great
>>
File: smug_unicorn1.png (92KB, 493x535px) Image search: [Google]
smug_unicorn1.png
92KB, 493x535px
>>29732653
>>29732629

And somehow this turned into a discussion about the show. Not that I am complaining.

As for your question OP, I suppose that depends on what you are looking for. Most of the community for the fandom fucked off to other parts to who knows where since 2013. If you are looking to discuss stuff as if it were something like brand new, you missed that boat a loooooong time ago.

By themselves, the episodes are relatively nice. On average, I would say they are better than something like Family Guy or the Simpsons these days. Thought he quality will vary from season to season. Some can be absolute trash tier, the others around on the great end of the spectrum. It is a mixed bag, but generally it leans towards being good more often than not. One benefit to coming in as late into the fandom if were to get involved is that most of the shitstorm of controversies have passed. By no means are they over, but for the most part the fandom has been desensitized for the most part. With that regard, watching the show should be fine. In relation to the fandom, it gets more iffy.

Basically, you will either love it or hate it in the context of the community. Regards to content produced by the fandom, there is a boatload of it. Enough to keep you occupied if you manage to breeze through all the seasons as of this moment. 4chan is an obvious producer of content ranging in quality. Sturgeon's Law is in full effect here. Dig around long enough and you will find a few gems.

There are also other sites out there, such as Derpibooru for images, and Fimfiction for fanfiction in general. I would advise doing your own research before jumping onto this ride OP, for it never ends.
Good hunting then.
>>
>>29731853
Maybe.
>>
>>29731902
whats with all the starposting on /mlp/ lately?
is this a new meme?
>>
File: GET READY TO THROW (UP).png (326KB, 1031x1024px) Image search: [Google]
GET READY TO THROW (UP).png
326KB, 1031x1024px
>>29734215
faggots 'leaving the ride' but not leaving the board
>>
>>29731853
Don't bother, this fandom's been on life support for years now, and the goddamn movie will be the final nail in the coffin.
>>
File: 1473769656022.png (171KB, 334x455px) Image search: [Google]
1473769656022.png
171KB, 334x455px
why do I always come to these threads when all I read there is that the only thing I truly love is dead
>>
>>29731853
You have to watch for yourself if you want to know.
>>
>>29732426
Hasbro keeps the most extreme liberal stuff on a leash (stuff like homosexual kissing). You can argue any character is gay, but unless they remove all doubt, it's still an argument, and that's as far as Hasbro will let it go.
>>
File: JustFriends.jpg (175KB, 853x928px) Image search: [Google]
JustFriends.jpg
175KB, 853x928px
>>29734272
>>
File: IMG_6045.png (610KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6045.png
610KB, 1280x720px
>>29732527
>Season 5 Premiere

BASED FUCKING LARSON

You should have read his interview with some journalist that I can't find about Pennyroyal Academy. He was asked about what "race" the Princesses are in his book, and he was like "Uhhhh I didn't really think about that, it takes place in medieval Europe" and the interviewer grilled him about how if there can be magic and dragons, then there can be non-whites in medieval Europe, and responded that again he didn't mention their race, and the most important thing is that they're human beings and anyone can relate to another human being.
>>
File: IMG_6051.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6051.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>>29734281
NOW WE'LL BEEEEEE
JJJJJJUUUUUUUUSSSSSSTTTTT FFFFRRRRIIIEEEEENNNNDDSSSS
>>
>>29732675
Good thing I don't and have no interest in doing so then!
>>
>>29734215
they do it with samurai jack too. they need to fuck off to /co/.

why the fuck is this thread still here anyway?
>>
>>29734281
>no homosexual kissing
>going out of their way to announce that they are "friends"

Not very progressive and tolerant, anon.
>>
File: 25656753637.png (441KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
25656753637.png
441KB, 1440x1080px
>>29731853
>Hey board about [Subject]. Do you guys like [Subject] and should I like it too?
>>
>>29731902
Is this the new Steven Universe meme?
>>
>>29731853
It has a whole board dedicated to it that's still going strong five years later. What the fuck do you think?
>>
>>29731902
WATCHA!
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.