[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Cadence accepted but Glimmer is not? I don't understand.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

Why is Cadence accepted but Glimmer is not? I don't understand.
>>
>>29727347
She's not a show stealing piece of shit like poochie
>>
>>29727347
She was memed hard enough into relevancy.
>>
>>29727347
She's too boring to actually be hated.
>>
>>29727347
I don't want Cadance dead.
>>
I hate Cadence more than Glim Glam
>>
Because the writers didn't try so hard to shove her into the spotlight and then fail at making her an interesting character and give her shit chemistry with the rest of the cast. Cadence was introduced in two back to back episodes and then wasn't seen again until the next season. It doesn't matter if she isn't a very interesting character because she isn't in many episodes. But for Glimmer to be in tonnes of episodes this season and still be boring it can only be concluded that the writers just don't know what the fuck to do with her and instead were forced to add another character to the main cast without thinking of what niche they could carve for her first.
>>
>>29727347
She's not. It's just that the writers didn't shove her down our throats, keeping her confined to a minor role.
Cadance has a lot of problems, especially fucking up alicorn lore, by existing, so we like to pretend she doesn't exist, simply forgetting about her
>>
>>29727402
/thread
>>
>>29727394
Glimmer is at least interesting, though. I've never found her to be boring. Nerve-racking and cringy at times, but not boring. But at least she has a character, unlike Cadence. She's easily the most boring character in the show and she's supposed to be one of the most important rulers in the world. She makes the Crystal Empire a completely boring location, when it should be a fascinating place filled with history, mythos, and wonder.

I'd rather see more Glimmer than Cadence.
>>
>>29727347
Cadence is much easier to ignore, that's why. She's not shoved as an important character, she's not a reformed villian, she doesn't have oh so sad backstory we are supposed to care about, she's not writer's second attempt at already existing character, she's entirely in her own element without rivalring already existing power levels, and most of all, she isn't current staff's little baby girl that gets special priveleges. I didn't like her in the slightes when she was introduced, but you know what? She didn't overstay her welcome, she's not intrusive. We only ever see her in season opener/finale most of the time, and I'm ok with that. That's why for me she's more bearable - she can just be ignored.
>>
Cadance's sole problem is that she's an alicorn, with no convincing explanation why she deserved to be one despite having done fuck all. Honestly, if she wasn't created as an alicorn, what sane person would argue that she should be one? Not even in fanfiction, it would be seen as an absurd idea, liking making Blueblood or Fancypants alicorns.
>>
>>29727460
Her other problem is that she has no character flaws, or any real character traits at all.
>>
I would have sex with both of them.
>>
File: 1489982417218.png (415KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1489982417218.png
415KB, 2400x1800px
Starlight Glimmer is the personafication of every bad OC trope and ends up making fanon content look better in comparison. When you're shit on for being mary sue/OP oc for 5-6 years then some shitshow like Glimmer comes along doing everything you did wrong but even worse and is praised, it's easy to see why Nyx is becoming a beacon for the side of /mlp/ that hates Glim.
>>
>>29727543
No, no one even mentioned your shitty OC, get it out of here
>>
>>29727550
No one wanted to mention Glimmer but that's still shoved in everyones face.
>>
>>29727530
>no character flaws
Post reformation Shimmer is on the same boat, but she's surprisingly bearable and likeable. Glimmer, in the other hand, has tons of flaws, and yet many can't stand her. Really makes you think...
>>
>>29727553
you're okay nixfag
>>
>>29727556
It's different for Shimmer - she has overcome her flaws. Though I still think the Little Miss Perfect thing is a little boring though.

I'm not saying Glimmer is great, but I think she's way better than Cadence. If I could remove one pony from canon, it'd be Cadence, not Glimmer.
>>
File: 151651245.jpg (57KB, 640x959px) Image search: [Google]
151651245.jpg
57KB, 640x959px
>>29727597
>I'm not saying Glimmer is great, but I think she's way better than Cadence.

At least Cadence was given a personality.
>>
>>29727597
I would suggest you to go overboard and remove all references to the crystal memempire, it's horse armor DLC tier.
>>
Hey guys remember when Starlight Glimmer made Changelings a fucking eyesore and removed all quality they had left? I guess black means you're evil.

I swear to god I would bash the skull in of whoever thought that was a good idea.
>>
>>29727597
>I'd remove cadence over Glimmer
But anon, removing Cadence wouldn't do much of anything since she already has very little impact on the show.

Removing her, Shining Armor, and the Crystal Empire would be what's needed, like >>29727619
said. Removing a pseudo-Twilight clone who lives with said pony and has her own share of episodes would be much more impactful.
>>
>>29727612
I too hate Glimmer, but c'mon, Cadance has a personality? She's the generic pink princess that embodies everything Lauren Faust hates and that she wanted to avoid like the plague when she created FIM
>>
>>29727640
And Starlight fucking isn't?
>>
>>29727655
As long as she doesn't get wings (may god protect us from this evil), no
>>
>>29727674
>He thinks Starlight won't get wings

We both know she will. I already accepted it. I'm going to really shit everything up once that happens.
>>
Glimmer has a personality, albeit a very shitty one. Whether that's better than having no personality is debatable.

>>29727674
Soon, anon. Wait until she reforms a powered up Chrysalis while everyone else is down for the count. The excess magic will transform her and hasbro will have yet another new princess to market.

Screencap this.
>>
File: 143234135.png (337KB, 932x918px) Image search: [Google]
143234135.png
337KB, 932x918px
>>29727612
>>
>>29727697
>Soon, anon. Wait until she reforms a powered up Chrysalis while everyone else is down for the count. The excess magic will transform her and hasbro will have yet another new princess to market
>Queen degraded to Princess just like that
>Hasbro will actually do this
I don't give two fucks if they reform her, but if they make her into gay faggot neo-changling and take her rank, there will be some serious shit flippin....
>>
>>29727694
It would be pretty much the end of fandom, franchises ruined by a shit character aren't unheard of, hence the Poochie parody on the Simpsons. Twilicorn already took a huge toll on the community (as evidenced by the drastic reduction of traffic since 2013), but rewarding such a hated character while beloved characters that accomplished far more get nothing will break the franchise beyond repair. Maybe it's what Hasbro wants, torch G4 so they can start shilling G5
>>
>>29727749
>It would be the end

Nah.
You'll have the perpetual boot-lickers who will go on about how shes "earned it" and "think of all the stories they can tell with the new princess", and the very implication of more pony to come will keep the dregs who are hopelessly addicted going, no matter how shit things get.
>>
>>29727347
there shud only b 2 alicorns reeeeee
>>
>>29727402
>especially fucking up autistic headcanons

fixed
>>
File: IMG_6037.png (285KB, 1071x746px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6037.png
285KB, 1071x746px
>>29727749
Remember when they said twilicorn and EqG would be the end of the fandom?
>>
>>29727815
These remaining boot lickers would be too small in number to justify continuing the show. After this point, the ones that remain in the fandom will be those that ignore the official stuff and make their own stories, like the way it used to be in the past, before G4. Lauren Faust herself created FIM from the stories she used to make with her G1 ponies, since official Hasbro stuff was garbage
>>
File: 1486840361765.png (207KB, 966x966px) Image search: [Google]
1486840361765.png
207KB, 966x966px
>>29727730
>Chrysalis becomes queen of the faggot deer
>at the same time, Glimmer becomes an alicorn
I almost want it to happen, the shitstorm would be glorious.
>>
>>29727636
Cadence's very existence is a problem. She's one of the most powerful creatures in the land for no reason. She wastes a lot of potential, and each time something big happens, she has to show up and steal screen time. Plus, now she has this dumb baby that's going to do the same thing but with generic baby personality.

Shining Armor isn't inherently a problem. If Cadence wasn't in the picture, he'd probably be a much more interesting character. There'd be more emphasis on his relationship with Twilight, and more focus on his role as a guard. He could be more of a military general figure, and he'd probably be the head of the Crystal Empire. And that wouldn't feel too much out of place - Twilight's family appears to be in pretty high standing, judging by where the children are now.

Instead, he's a generic sweet husband/brother figure to match his wife. He's tied to that character.

>>29727612
Like or hate Glimmer, but she does have personality.

You could remove Glimmer from the show right now, and you wouldn't need much justification. Just say she moved away. You'd never have to see her again. Her impact on the world isn't that big, really, aside from the S6 finale (which could have just as easily featured Twilight Sparkle).

But Cadence, by virtue of being an alicorn, is now a permanent fixture in the world. You can't get rid of her, and she stains every large event that happens.

So if I could retroactively remove one character, I'd stick with Cadence.
>>
>>29727912
>You can't get rid of her
"Cadance is busy with Crystal Empire so she can't show up"
There, written off any episode that doesn't involve apocalyptic events.
>>
>>29727944
>Cadance, Flurry and Starlight died on the way back to their home planet

One can dream
>>
>>29727944
That's well and good, but she still has to be there for the Apocalypse.
>>
>>29727347
I grew to like her very quickly. As I did Starlight.
>>
>>29727996
I can deal with her being in something like Twilight's Kingdom, that's once a year at best, and even then she doesn't do a lot. Of couse with FH she's bound to have more screentime but she's like a background character in that case.
>>
File: 1417803441360.png (149KB, 530x580px) Image search: [Google]
1417803441360.png
149KB, 530x580px
>>29727347
>Secondary character that actually stays secondary.
>not Op as fuck.
>not shoved down everyone's throat.
>She had her episodes, was nice in them, closed her story arc and fucked off, save for some nice cameos.
>Not a deranged sociopath.
>Didn't steal the spotlight in every episode she was in.
>She's really cute (optional)
>>
File: medium.png (44KB, 622x351px) Image search: [Google]
medium.png
44KB, 622x351px
>>29727394
>were forced to add another character to the main cast

They did it out of their own free will.
>>
File: large.png (176KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
176KB, 1024x1024px
I miss the meme associated with this image
>>
>>29728547
I miss the green associated with that meme.
>>
>>29728100
>deranged sociopath
I like seeing how a deranged sociopath can learn to be a friend, though. Although she can make some exceptionally stupid choices, such as >mindrape
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.